PDA

View Full Version : Memories of Onyx: Containment

The Magnan
05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Planet Onyx unknown to humanity is in fact a former space station belonging to an ancient who carried out experiments on an element that unfortunately was more unique than anyone could have imagined. They placed containment seals on the Energymind and left it. Instead of dying it surpassed everything, it learnt of other life. And by the time humanity found Onyx gravity had did its magic, a planet had been born, with the accelarator at its core.

The roleplay takes place in the hours prior the containment breach.

The Colony
Private Sector
The Private Sector is at the far edge of the colony, and the only way to reach it is either by navigating the Business Sector or using the maintenance tunnels leading to the research facility. Inside the Private Sector is the command Centre, where orders are given to workers, scientists and soldiers. The research facility is built into the accelarator and aims to uncover its mysteries

Business Sector
Where many big corporations are located, it is by far the richest area, and some business men have built homes in this area, there are multitude of skyscrapers and banks.

Public Sector
Its here that many normal Onyx people spend there daily life. Of course there is also an Asylum as well as hospital, mall, and small shops dotted on the streets.

Residential Area
The location of homes for Onyx civilians.

The Accelerator.
Is built into a sink hole, it has massive pylons which hold it place, it also the main source of power for Onyx. With a beam of energy constantly firing upwards. The only area not unlocked is the containment doors on level 5, otherwise the site is maze of corridors, former laboratories, and alien to everyone who experiences going near it.

The character sheet.
Name:
Specie: Improvise or be human
Bio:

You can be a civillian or a soldier or a scientist.

Name: Frank Belsock
Specie: Human
Occupation: Former Commander aboard the Transport Vessel Phoenix 765, he is now patient in both the Asylum and hospital.
Bio: After the traumatic events aboard the Phoenix, Belsock has been interrogated and placed in the Asylum. He regularly has hospital visits to keep him mentally stable. His first contact with the 765 drove him insane, not only because he had to kill his own crew but because the Energy Mind on board attempted to control his mind. Belsock is currently unaware that another is buried beneath his feet.

The Energy Ghouls

Grunts: Basic beings made up of the Element 765, and controlled by the parasite. They are vulnerable to bullets and explode on death. Their goal like the Elites is to infect you.

Elites: Unlike the volatile skin of the Grunts the Elites has existed for ages, there bodies almost impervious to many weapons, it'll take a lot of bullets to defeat one.
I haven't done group roleplay in a while, so bare with me if I'm a little rusty.

Energy Humans: Humans who have succumbed to the ghouls become part of the ever growing collective, primarily they are resilent, but can be taken down easily with bullets.

Energy Honour Guards: If you think the Elites are tough try facing the backbone of the Energy Army, there only weakness is energy itself. This means a laser or high powered energy weapon is required. (The Research Facility some)

Energa: The Energa is a unique form as it consumes the world around it, and its an attachment of the Energymind. On a ship for example it can seize control of power sources temporally. They also the primary spawn of Energy Ghouls

The Energy Mind: Nothing is known except its immune to nearly everything, afterall its been trapped long enough. It is a sentient being who strives to get revenge on the Ascenders, and sees humanity as their equal.

Kris
05-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

RoTTeN
05-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Very interested.

I'll be joining tomorrow or tonight.

The Magnan
05-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks, if no other joiners then I may consider doing it as a private rp.

AliceMalice15
06-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Hey you jerk! You didn't let me know you had this up! *pouts* I'll have asheet up for Em and Warren's kid very soon kay? They can be in the hospital or asylum which will limit their part but allow them to be useful. Let me know if that's not ok.

Sickly
06-02-2011, 07:00 AM
wait so this is an rp that uses the names of stuff from the halo universe but is completely different from the halo universe?

The Magnan
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
The planets name Onyx was inspired by the Halo name, since I like the books and game but yes this relates to something completely diferent, namely the chronicles of the Time Jumpers and Memories of Onyx, but stories tie in, its all very hard to explain, and Alice, I thought it would be easy enough to find, so please spare me. And yes I guess it will be fine, Warren will be in the asylum losing whats left of his all ready crippled mind.

but to put it simply, The Onyx originally belonged to an ancient race called the Ascenders, they carried out experiments on an element/parasite that later annihilated the station, and many many many years later a planet spawned. During this time many things happen, Warren Young accidently ends up in 1920s where he meets Emily Short the daughter of James Short and brother to Grey Short founder of Grey Watch, the original Time Jumpers. Many years later 2012 to be exact, Warren becomes head of stealth for Grey Watch but later leaves after the Syndrix told him things. Later leads him to Aurha a homeworld for Time Jumpers, destroyed by the Black Corps. now Grey Watch and Corps are dying. Warren wanted to rebuild time but ended up damaging it more, this story on Onyx is a prequel/sequel bit of both to inevitable end that will destroy the minds of anyone who darest to intervene because fate is cruel.

if that was confusing enough, then just wait till you read my stories im writing, if you ever do.... and now Im babbling....

Energymind is a being based around the borg and gravemind, it strives for truth and perfection, although its incredibly different to both with how it does things.

AliceMalice15
06-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Name: Cassius "Cas/Caz" Young
Species: human*
Bio: Cassius is the son of Emily Short and Warren Young. They were considered heroes for saving the universe several times. He's never been close to his father as the man isn't exactly mentally stable and it scares Cas to be around him, but his mother, a very frail woman now, is his world. If she told him to leap into the very core of Onyx he would. Being that he is like his father though he aspired to become a soldier. Now he is a squadron leader in an elite group of soldiers.

The Magnan
06-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Name: Warren Young
Age: Time travel has confused his body temporally, he is aged between 30 and 40.
Specie: human
Occupation: Former head of Stealth for the Time Jumpers, Assassin
Bio:

'Twinkle twinkle little star... how I wonder what you... are?

After facing a tragedy of events, from the 765 coming through temporal cracks, to the annihilation of Aurha, Warren has witnessed much. Too much. His brain falling into a grip of everlasting chaos, no longer who he was, he seeks to possess truth, wherever he can find it. Well aware of his son being a soldier, he did his best to teach him vaguely about the Black Dragon fighting style.

Now Warren, is living in an asylum, as the Onyx courts deemed him dangerous to society, it was within the cold and dark that he opened his mind, yes he and Em had stopped the original outbreak, but the 765 was far from dead and buried, it had a beating heart. It accompanied Warren, along with the voices of his father, dead for so long, he is now the only thing keeping Warren from losing himself. Whilst his love of Em crippled his emotions, he began to understand the fragility of the human mind, what was once a heartless assassin reduced to little more than a shell. Cracked, and spilling blood. The last of the Time Jumpers has become little more than shadow of what he once was. But in chaos he discovered time's imperfection, its struggle to cope under the immense damage that had been done, It's wrath unavoidable. He even saw the remants of a vessel overrun by the vile things. The Onyx was about descend into madness. He felt it. Punishment for the damage he had done to time.

AliceMalice15
06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Name: Emily "Em" Short-Young
age:*Time travel has confused her body temporally, she is aged between 30 and 40.*
Species: human*
Bio: After the events with 765 Emily wasn't the same. Her body had endured too much. Now she is a permanent resident at the hospital on Onyx. Her mental state is fagile and she is very confused. Her son is one of the only things that keeps her going. His regular visits keep her sanity intact. She is very concerned about him and Warren though. She knows the EnergyMind is at the center of the planet and only wants them safe. Safety however is a relative term...... * *

The Magnan
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I forgot I had to accept character sheets, well they are accepted.

RoTTeN
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I keep having giant brainfarts, polluting the thinking space I work with.

I'll try to get a CS up once everything starts clearing.

Sorry for being much later then intended.

The Magnan
06-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Thats fine take as long as you need.

The Magnan
06-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I know double posting is bad but I may start and Rotten can put their character sheet in due time.

AliceMalice15
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Kay :) can't wait.

The Magnan
06-11-2011, 12:00 PM
It'll be up in the coming days.