PDA

View Full Version : [M] Cold Dreams (OOC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kiall
05-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Rated M for Horror and adult Themes

Veingaden

Far to the Northeast of the Gieran Desert lies the great city of Veingaden, a center of learning and artistic vision far surpassing most of its neighbors, pristine marble statues and grand sweeping architecture dot the city, technology is based roughly of that of the early 1800’s, Veingaden is full of political intrigue with noble families dotting the city and even many of its neighbors all of whom vie for power and the throne.
In the middle of summer two simultaneous festivals take place one during the day and one at night. During the day the Feast of Plenty takes place a festival full of food wine and entertainers almost nothing is sold instead shopkeepers and stall workers share their wares freely contests on who has the finest foodstuffs are held and winning is considered a great honor. At night the Carnival of Fire begins human sized straw people are burned in great pyres, paper boats with small candles float across the canals and lakes while fireworks explode overhead.
At midnight of this day of merriment a terrible ice storm comes, halting the festivities and sending people scrambling for shelter. When the storm ends the people come out to see their world changed. The city is now covered in snow and the sky has been plunged into eternal night. The entire royal family save one has been murdered and the palace destroyed. A strange tall yet dapper man wearing a silver mask who calls himself Mr. Dreams now rules the city hunting the last royal family member and anyone that protects them

Veingaden after the Ice storm

The city has now become a winter wonderland; the city can be divided into three rings each with their own special brand of wonder and terror

http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/201012/thus/1292901012_470x353_3d-dark-winter-solstice-night.jpg

The Outer Ring

Located on the edge of the city it is arguably the tamest part of the city, the weather is chilly but not uncomfortably so and it snows constantly. Strange things happen, here imagination is power and things have been known to pop out of a person’s head and walk around, The Moon talks, the stars dance, and watches run backwards nothing is ever as it seems on the outer ring. Normal shops have been closed since it’s now impossible to leave the city, however tall hooded figures have taken to running stalls and shops, and sell all manner of things from the mundane like food, clothes, to the extraordinary wishing rings, flight tonics, fire pants. They never accept money instead they rely on a bartering system exchanging their goods for small favors or other goods.

The Historical Ring

The timid and gentle winter give over to a howling freezing storm in the historical ring. Hard bits of sleet and frozen rain down hard enough to pierce skin. This area gets its name from the ghosts that reside here; transparent visages of people long dead act out their lives, most are harmless and pass through anything solid, some however can influence the world around them and are violent and will attack anyone on sight. The winds are extremely fierce and some people have said they’ve heard voices in it, it’s said that if certain conditions are met a person can receive prophetic visions

The Frozen Ring

The center of the city is the home of the final ring, unlike the gentle caress of the outer ring and the violent frenzy of the historical ring this area is simply… dead. Nothing moves or creaks within this ring and even voices are muted, every bit of the area including the buildings are covered by a thick layer of ice and not even the stars can be seen, it is bitter cold and can freeze moisture in seconds. The only place of light and sound is the building standing in the middle of the shattered remains of the royal palace called The Royal Bellham Hotel. The Hotel is always brightly lit and sounds of music and laughter can be heard in stark contrast the frozen silence of the rest of the ring, it’s said to be the home of Mr. Dreams himself though no one foolish enough to enter has ever returned.

Locations

The Singing Mandrake
One of the most popular spots in the city, it’s warm and lively, the beverages sold here are strange and exotic and quite potent, the place also houses the Parlour of Virtue a collection of Evening Ladies (i.e whores) known for their intricate bright red stockings no one knows how they are made or how they get that unique hue but it’s joked that people go more for the stockings than the girls. The entire place is run by one of the hooded creatures that goes by the name of Sir Port

Firelight Orphanage
A decrepit building (the owners swear they’re in the process of refurbishing) the children are rarely seen outside the orphanage but when they are they often have a hollow frightened look on their face, most are malnourished there are some rumors that they are being used for some nefarious purpose but these rumors are undoubtedly lies

The Fighting rings
More of an event than an actual location these rings are held at various spots throughout the city they are extremely exclusive and are by invitation only, these rings are said to be the work of a man named Feducci

Subplots

Felicia has been having strange dreams involving her family’s ancestry, in order to learn more and hopefully stop them she buys and drinks a strange laudanum said to physically transport someone into a dream, however Sharon also takes a swig and they both find themselves sharing the dream

Daniel has entered a semi legal fighting ring in the hopes of making some money, Meanwhile James has also started an illegal gambling racket for a similar reason, When Daniel is introduced to the Black Ribbon society he learns a terrible secret about the leader Feducci

A brilliant inventor has just created a submersible able to dive under the waves, he hopes to explore a vast underground lake that formed from the melted ice of Veingaden, he has hired Lierah, James and Daniel to assist him in exploring the depths

James being the free enterprise loving man that he is has formed his own smuggling racket, a group of individuals that brave the Historical district in search for old street signs which have become both rare and highly illegal in Veingaden, this group has come to call themselves the Shroud Smugglers. However a group of former magicians who thanks to the strange powers of Veingaden have become capable of more than parlour tricks and sleight of hand are now trying to move in on James's smuggling operation, these magicians call themselves The Masters of Glass, these two groups are now embroiled in a turf war

Character Sheet

Name:
Profession: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker, etc, etc
Dreams: this is more for your benefit than for mine, what sort of dreams does your character have? Dreams of flying? Dreams of falling? Dreams where he has to give a speech and he looks down an realizes he’s not wearing any pants? This is a realm where things can literally pop out of a persons head so it’s important for you to have an inkling of what sort of things would
History:

Name: Daniel Blenven

Description: has short sandy brown hair, his lefteye is blue while his right eye is brown. He’s tall and lanky with a good build especially in the shoulders which tend to make him seem more imposing than he really is

Profession: Royal Guard

Dreams: has dreams where he’s flying or ones where he’s falling off a cliff in the middle of a terrible thunderstorm

History: Daniel was born on one of the outlying farms near Veingaden, he left when he was eighteen hoping to make his fortune in the city. In the city his size helped him land a job as a city guard, however chasing robbers and fighting street gangs didn’t really agree with his sensibilities so he got himself transferred to the palace a much easier job since it only requires standing around and looking fearsome a situation that suits him just fine.

Name: Mr. Dreams

Description: Thbbbbbbbbbpppptttt!

Profession: Bacon

Dreams: Hee Hee!

History: hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA hahahaHAhahahahHAHAhahaHA

Cast

From The Palace

Daniel Blenven-Kiall

Princess Felicia de Cortan (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=629257&postcount=19)-Mothafuckin Wattz!

Sharon Berks (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=617657&postcount=7)-kagomri

From The City

Lierah October "Tobi" Malice (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=630351&postcount=22)-AliceMalice15

James “Delta” Frank (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=631306&postcount=30)-Jacogos

Jacques 'Jack' Decoeur (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=634988&postcount=36)-Atma-Noah

Trinity Car'hani (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=850189&postcount=393)-Setsa

Eumelia Eden (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15717&page=45&p=906925&viewfull=1#post906925)- choubead

From the Outside

Mr. Dreams-Kiall

thesouleater
05-31-2011, 04:21 AM
Name: Birthname is unknown, but is usually called 'Soul'
Description: Soul is tall, standing at 6'. He doesn't appear like a body-builder, but he is quite strong for his long, spindly figure. His eyes are green, however they aren't heart-warming like the majority of people with green eyes. They're cold and dead, with a guard up so that no one can see what he's feeling.
His hair is kind of choppy, with the longer strands usually pulled back into a pony-tail. The colour of his hair changes at times. Sometimes it appears black, other times it appears red. Rumors fly around that he dyes his hair slightly just to mess with people, but he doesn't. It's completely natural to him.
He sports a shiny, grey top hat and coat. The coat is peculiar, having several buckles and belts on it (its really hard to describe.. I'm sorry. D:). He wears stretchy dress-like pants and good quality boots.
Profession: Royal Bodyguard (in training)
Dreams: -to be completed-
History: -to be completed-

It still needs some work, obviously, but I don't have the time to finish it right now, so I'll try to finish it within the week.

Kris
05-31-2011, 10:39 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Leviathan
05-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Name : Artis Flac

Description : A lifetime of toiling on hands and knees has presented Artis Flac with a pair of bowed legs. Despite his physical shortcoming, Artis keeps a perfect posture. His round face is lean like many others at his status level and his lanky body appears malnourished. His eyes peer out like jet black coals under a pale pallor and the tip of his nose crooks inward. Artis Flac wears his hair slicked back down to his shoulders though from time to time a rogue strand falls in front of his eyes.

Profession : Shoemaker, servant

History : Born mute, he has learned to get by though his trade. Was taken in off the streets and given an apprenticeship in exchange for indentured servitude. His master, Dristan Hopgood, was always a kind man who watched out for the boy. Despite his low status, Mr. Hopgood taught him manners and chivalry believing that the proper man must value knowledge above all else. Artis spent most of his life watching the world go by from his basement window in the shoe store, his only moments of pride coming during the festival when people would stop by and cast their ballots for his handiwork. He wasn’t particularly shy, but his ailments typically shunned people from him.

Dreams : He dreams of tiny elves that come to help him with his daily chores, they work hard and do incredible work but at some point in the dream they seek him out for payment. Which wouldn’t be so bad, if not for the only acceptable payment being human ears. Sometimes he dreams of a wooden house in the middle of a wheat field where a wrinkled old man will put him up for a night while he’s on the run. The old man tells him about the creatures and he knows instinctively that this man is his grandfather. On rare occasions in his dreams Artis can talk.

Cheers on the cool concept!

Kiall
05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
looks good Leviathan accepted!

kagomri
05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
HORROR!! I LOVE HORROR!

kagomri
05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
What happends to the Royal Family after the storm appears? Are they like the people who live in the rings? Anyhow, I.AM.SO.JOINING.

Name: Sharon Berks

Description: Straight red with an icy shine, large dark brown eyes, and pale complexion. She is slightly tall and skinny for her age and has long glorious legs. Sharon loves the cold and being in control and being athletic, she's also feisty, dauntless, stubborn and somewhat dark. Like a grand tree, she shadows over the entire forest, stretching out and branching, but many of her branches are twisted.

Profession: Royal Assistant(?)

Dreams: Soaring in the air, fearless, feeling the wind carry her at full speed forward. Its a wonderful feeling of freedom and independence. It takes her to her wildest imaginations. Places she's never seen, places she's never been. The deep dark sea, the farthest stars--she's
felt it all. Farther and farther she travels, blind to the dangers of dreams. Then, her hair falls to her neck and back, no longer blowing. There is nothing supporting her weight. And feels energy strong and deeper than gravity claw her, pulling her so forcefully that in just a second the wind knocked out, pain caused her to become too weak to catch a breath. Before she wakes, an eerie whisper haunts her nerves.

History:

Born in an Iceland, abandoned by her loving mother at birth, she was put into a strong, hand-weaved basket and carried by the water to a far away village. The Royal family found her and took her in as their own. As she grew older, they made her a Royal Assistant, in charge of basically anything in the house but she does not have the power to make an official decision on anything important or big. She didn't like this job a lot, but she stayed because she felt in control and could destroy someone(not physically, but she could).

Kiall
05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
that's a little tricky to explain death gets a little weird when it comes to Mr.Dreams but if you're wondering if they'll join the ghosts in the historical ring, they will not. for all intents an purposes they're dead and gone

anyways looks good so far thanks for joining!

kagomri
06-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Okay, where do the people from the Royal Palace start? The city?

Kiall
06-01-2011, 01:36 AM
we all start at the palace doing our palacy duties, it's very busy what with the festival and all. how we leave very much depends on how the royal family member leaves (position is still open seriously!) be it some official function or a case of adolescent rebellion. for whatever reason we'll end up outside the castle enjoying the festival. and then eventually Mr.Dreams comes in murders everyone in the castle and then obliterates it. literally the only reason we survive is because we were nowhere near the castle when it happens,

so if you could just erase that last bit about the ice storm and Mr.Dreams that'll be great since we'll be starting before it happens and all other than that looks good accepted

okay no more palace people we already got three, not including the RFM, it's supposed to be a couple survivors not a whole entourage!

Wattz
06-01-2011, 03:15 AM
I'd be willing to take up the position of the royal family member, but I can also double as a non-royal. I gotta take care of my homework and other RPs before I make my profiles, but I am seriously interested in being a committed member of this RP XD.

Kiall
06-01-2011, 03:26 AM
praise jaysus! yes!

okay so if you're gonna be the royal person there's some things your gonna have to think about, first family members do you have both parents or one? also siblins how many? stuff like that, also a reason for leaving the castle was to attend some official funtion or another or just to sneak out. so yeah you can either put that info in with your character sheet or pm eithers fine

you can make a double if you really want but you don't have to, I imagine you'll have plenty to do with the one

Wattz
06-01-2011, 03:32 AM
The nice thing is that I've got a couple of royal characters or otherwise noble characters that I can turn into royals, so depending on who I choose, family and the like is all accounted for besides changes necessary for the RP's setting 8D.

kagomri
06-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Done and ready when everyone else is too =)

Kiall
06-02-2011, 01:45 AM
easy there i'd like to have at least two or three more people before I start the IC, this is the kind of RP where the more people the better

kagomri
06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
I know that. I'm just saying I'm ready =)

mikon
06-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I may join.

Kiall
06-04-2011, 06:31 PM
sweet just whip up a character and you're in man

Wattz
06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I’m afraid it might be a bit cliché, but I’m hoping to make it work out XD. If you’d like anything tweaked, then I can do as such. There’s a bit of back story with her royal siblings as well as other royal family members, but in the meantime they won’t be posted since the royal family’s kicking the bucket almost right off the bat.

Name: Princess Felicia de Cortan

Description: Felicia has a rich, dark brown complexion and frizzy black hair tamed into the shape of a bun. Her purple almond eyes are half-lidded, as if tired or lazy. Her lips are plump, but are usually set into a sort of exhausted pout. Her favorite colors to wear are purple and green, and her gowns are very Victorian in style. Her royal status has left her rather inactive, so she has a bit of chub on her body kept in by her corsets (her mother and the servants insist, but she has no need to protest).

Profession: Member of the Royal Family

Dreams: Felicia has had many dreams in her lifetime, but the most prominent of all has been a dream of a forgotten city. As she walks through it, she notices that the streets are covered in warm snow and strange little lights. There’s a castle in the center burned to the ground, though the entire place is deserted. That is, until she gets inside the castle. Upon reaching the throne room, Felicia sees the body of a knight slumped over on the floor, gripping a sword. A sort of morbid curiosity overtakes Felicia, one that she has never had in real life. She reaches forward to touch the knight… and then wakes up.

History:

Princess Felicia met the young boy by chance, but it was more than enough to set everything into motion. Gio Fardale was his name. Somehow he’d travelled into the palace garden, neither peasant nor royal, but instead dressed as some sort of... jester. He was strangely festive at all times, telling jokes and doing his best to make her laugh (but to little or no avail). They struck up a conversation of sorts, which turned into a sort of question and answer session. As a self-proclaimed adventurer, Gio couldn’t understand how Felicia could be happy behind stone walls. It was true, though. She had all she needed, all the servants she ever wanted, and it was completely safe inside of the palace. She did not have to work for her food, nor fight her five other siblings (three brothers, two sisters) for food like a peasant in the street. There was nothing to be worried about.

“I have all I need right here. I am happy.”

“But Flick,” – (as he so brashly called her) – “… haven’t you ever wanted to find out?”

And no, she’d never been curious. But Gio was so insistent. She declined for days and days, to meet him outside the walls. But one night, her usual dream was interrupted by images of Gio running through the city. At the same time, he was nowhere to be found in their usual spot. But perhaps he could be found at the carnival. Would a little walk outside the castle walls really be that big of a deal?

The Basic Tree of the Royal Family
More detail can be provided

King Reximar de Cortan XXII - 52
Queen Priscilla de Cortan – 47
Prince Reximar de Cortan XXIII - 30
Prince Reximarius de Cortan - 30
Prince Darius de Cortan - 25
Princess Priscilla de Cortan II - 25
Princess Celaria de Cortan - 19
Princess Felicia de Cortan - 22

Kiall
06-12-2011, 07:52 AM
this is a....fucking....fantastic character profile, gold star Wattz, acceptabibble!

one little tweak though if you will, keep your liason with Gio within the city walls, since there won't be any going in or out after the storm

also if you will Pm me whatever backstory you got on the royal family, just so I have some material to go on for the IC

Wattz
06-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Awesome, thanks! =DDD

Edited to keep her within the city walls, and not a problem, I'll whip up a briefing either by tonight or tomorrow XD

AliceMalice15
06-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Name: Lierah October "Tobi" Malice
Description: 5'4", not too skinny but nicely so with perfect curves, porcelain complexion, silver eyes which as actually quite warm and welcoming, and beautiful mahogany colored ringlet curls for hair. **
Profession:*Watch Maker/ Dream Soother (she helps people stop the dreams they're having if they're unable to control them.)
Dreams: She actually usually doesn't dream, so emptiness I guess. Just an endless, black void.
History: Tobi, as many call her, grew up in Veingaden all her life never once stepping outside the city. She had lived with her father, a fine watch maker, until he became very sick and died. Now she has taken up his proffession as well as helping people to keep their dreams in control. She is very kind and gentle as well as a bit nieve in matters of love and lust. **

Kiall
06-13-2011, 04:57 PM
watchmaker and therapist eh? bit of an odd combination but okay, also the dream bit is just a way for you to start understanding how your character thinks, what you have is fine but start thinking about how your character interprets things veingaden is funny in that no one is really seeing that exact same things

anyways accepted!

AliceMalice15
06-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Kay! Can't wait!

Jacogos
06-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Hmmm... How bad would it be if I stole Shade from Infinite Heights and placed him into this RP? I'll edit him up a little if needed.

Kiall
06-14-2011, 01:31 AM
well this is several centuries before infinite heights but I guess you could do a forefathers thing, or maybe just another roguish character with a different name

Jacogos
06-14-2011, 01:33 AM
well this is several centuries before infinite heights but I guess you could do a forefathers thing, or maybe just another roguish character with a different name

So it's in the same world/time line? Alrighty then... New OC on the way.

Kiall
06-14-2011, 01:41 AM
yep same place different time, didn't you notice the reference to the Gieran desert? or did you think I was just having fun with words, "oooh look at Kiall making up names always with his blergity blerg bullshit!" haha FOOL

Jacogos
06-14-2011, 01:42 AM
yep same place different time, didn't you notice the reference to the Gieran desert? or did you think I was just having fun with words, "oooh look at Kiall making up names always with his blergity blerg bullshit!" haha FOOL

I didn't retain the name from Infinite, so I wouldn't have caught that xD Interesting, though... shits processing in muh brain!

Jacogos
06-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Name: James “Delta” Frank
Description: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/060/e/9/Thief_by_Mospineq.jpg----- Hidden: His hair is long and brown, usually tied back in a ponytail at the neck. His eyes are sharp, emerald green.
Profession: Professional Thief

Dreams: James frequently has a nightmare involving him running down a long hallway. Doors appear at steady intervals, open to show him untold riches in their rooms, but something behind him keeps him moving, making him run on and forget the riches. But he can’t forget which makes him angry. When he finally snaps and stops running, trying to get into the room, he is swallowed by whatever it is that is following him, at which point he wakes up. He doesn’t ALWAYS dream this dream, but he never dreams anything else to his memory.

History: James, or Delta as his companions call him, grew up outside Veingaden, in a small village where he learned early that stealing things helped you survive. His parents were both killed early in his life, and he had to make do with what he could get from his sticky fingers. Even as he grew up and was reprimanded for stealing, his passion for taking what wasn’t his stayed until he was old enough to be fined and held in custody for it.

Then it became interesting.

Delta has racked up a bounty in most every city or village he’s been in, which is in part why he’s called Delta. Among his “guild” (Not really a guild so much a collective of all the ‘professional’ thieves in the land), he has the 4th highest total bounty on his head. He wants the title of Alpha, so James decided to head for Veingaden, a great rich city where he could rack up a bounty in no time. He arrived a day before the Festivals began. Taking one day to recuperate from the journey and stake out some likely places, Delta waits for this Festival to get underway...

Kiall
06-14-2011, 02:58 AM
nice job Jacogos Accepted

one thing though and I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining this, The Ic will start on the day of the festival the blizzard doesn't happen until midnight of that day so some of the stuff in your history hasn't happened yet so if you could trim out that stuff that'd be great

Jacogos
06-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Ahhhhh, yes, it'd help if that was mentioned xD alright, trimming...

kagomri
06-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Awesome.;)

Kiall
06-16-2011, 02:54 AM
just so everyone knows I won't be on tommorrow or until sunday, i'll be out camping, wrasslin bears, having my way with some squirrel or deer that sort of thing, so the IC won't be up until sunday or monday, in the meantime if anyone wants to post a character feel free just don't expect a response until sunday

and yes kagomri, I won't be able to post in The Asylum games until sunday either

Jacogos
06-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Well then we shall keep watch until then! :P

The Imposter
06-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Alright Kiall I said I couldn't start and I can't but I can make a CS so it'll be ready when I can join in. Which will be mid July or later.

Name: Jacques 'Jack' Decoeur

Description: Shoulder length auburn hair, green eyes, chubby cheeks, stands at 3'6 and weighs about 54 lbs.

Profession: Depends on the day really, lately he has been a knight that wins a princess' heart, other times he has been a pirate seeking treasures all over the world, a renown dragon slayer, the list goes on and on.

Dreams: His dreams lately have been of strange frog like creatures that love the taste of bark. The dream usually entails him being a hero for saving many villagers from the slavery of the bark eating creatures. Wakes up before he meets the princess....

History: Jack has led a pretty carefree life so far. Was born into a rich family and was allowed to spend most of his time playing make believe with his friends. He always had the biggest imagination and loved his simple life. His upbringing has made him a pretty average kid, but he cannot wait till he gets older to become a world class adventurer. His parents are just getting over the grief of losing his grandfather who passed away nearly two months ago. They plan on using the festival as a way to foster some hope and positive energy for themselves.

Kiall
06-19-2011, 01:08 AM
I like it Atma, you knew I didn't say anything about age so you thought outside the box! you're a rebel which no pathetic box can contain! accepted

really atma you didn't have to put anything up until you're ready we're not running out of room anytime soon. ha ha ha ha eh eh *sob*

AliceMalice15
06-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Aw *hugs teh Kiall* don't be sad. People just don't realize your genius. It happens......a lot...Can't wait for this to start though!!!!

Kiall
06-19-2011, 05:05 AM
oh poo i'm just being melodramatic :), I do that alot, i'm actually quite happy with the turnout

anyways people IC should be up sometime tommorrow, depends on when I can get a hold of Wattz

AliceMalice15
06-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Kk Mr.Melodramatic :D Imuna eatchoo if it's not up. (lol now I'm being melodramatic ha ha I'm a spaz)

kagomri
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
YESHHHH I'VE BEEN WAITING THIS HORROR RP SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME

Jacogos
06-19-2011, 07:20 PM

Grammar fail xD Also, I didn't know this was up that long o.O And you were that old xD

kagomri
06-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Yesh was on purpose. (Sarcasm) Kids these days--they dont know how to be hip anymore. -_-''

Jacogos
06-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Yesh was on purpose. (Sarcasm) Kids these days--they dont know how to be hip anymore. -_-''

You wound me with your words xD

AliceMalice15
06-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Ha ha go Kago :) I use yesh all the time! It's become a permanent part of my expansive vocabulary!

kagomri
06-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Its okay, I know yorue built strong =)

Jacogos
06-19-2011, 07:43 PM

Ha ha go Kago :) I use yesh all the time! It's become a permanent part of my expansive vocabulary!

Ahhh, I see now. I was referring to the lack of "on" between "waiting" and "this" not the Yesh xD I say Yesh too :P

kagomri
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Oh. How I'm growing old. T.T

AliceMalice15
06-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Ha ha the power of my mind made me ignorant to this grammar mistake XD it automatically put for in between waiting and this. Ha ha.

Kiall
06-19-2011, 09:51 PM
alright children settle down, IC is up! now I want you to put a rough time the events of the day takes place, this'll only be for the festival

oh and kagomri, start thinking about how you want to leave the castle. Felicia is leaving to make out with her lover and i'm following in hopes of keeping my job, you can follow us for whatever reason... or hell you could just take the day off it's up to you.

anyways go crazy, I know the plot doesn't involve you guys right now but like I said alot of this is just you making up your own fun so consider the festival practice!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=636911#post636911

AliceMalice15
06-19-2011, 10:02 PM
So you're saying put somewhere in our post that it's evening/morning/afternoon?

Ha ha Lierah will be giving out watches :) and possibly housing the princess and her guard and maybe another person cause she has three extra rooms in her place.

Wattz
06-19-2011, 10:23 PM
alright children settle down, IC is up! now I want you to put a rough time the events of the day takes place, this'll only be for the festival

oh and kagomri, start thinking about how you want to leave the castle. Felicia is leaving to make out with her lover and i'm following in hopes of keeping my job, you can follow us for whatever reason... or hell you could just take the day off it's up to you.

anyways go crazy, I know the plot doesn't involve you guys right now but like I said alot of this is just you making up your own fun so consider the festival practice!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=636911#post636911

I'm gonna note that Gio isn't Felicia's lover... they're friends, if even that XD;;;;

OH YOUR SILLY GOOSE *yuppers*

Jacogos
06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Question: How is the city fortified? Is there a wall surrounding it and a gate? Or is it open? Guarded at all? Restricted for entrance? Just wonderin

Kiall
06-19-2011, 11:01 PM
alice: yes put one of those

Wattz: hee hee your insistence to the contrary is only encouraging me, Gio and Felicity sittin in a tree!...

Jacogos: it does have walls though I wouldn't call it heavily fortified, Veingaden is very advanced compared to it's neighbors and it has been a loooooooonnnnnggg time since anyone's been strong enough to be a real threat. On any other day they would check people coming into the city, but Not during the Feast of Plenty this is the biggest festival of the year so there's alot of people coming in way too many for there to be searches of everyone

The city is based off of Florence if that helps you imagine it better

Wattz
06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm sensing a very hysterical, long-running joke XDDDDD.

Jacogos
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
And how early would they be checking or not checking? I was planning on making Delta sneak into the city before or around dawn

Kiall
06-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Wattz: damn right snookums! XD

Jacogos: they'll be lots of people piling in the days before the festival so entrance searching will be light at dawn however in return they will increase the amount of guards on patrol, mostly to keep the rowdiness under control not necessarily for theft since people are giving shit away for free

hope that helps

Jacogos
06-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Thank you for tolerating my questions xD I shall post in your IC in return :P

Kiall
06-19-2011, 11:32 PM
of course! your dumb questions make me feel smart! XD

in all honesty i'm happy to answer any questions I know i'm not giving you much to go on right now so if anything seems vague or confusing feel free to ask

Kiall
06-20-2011, 03:06 AM
just to clarify all I want is for you to put what time of day your activities are taking place you don't have to put it in a dawn/morning/midday sequence

AliceMalice15
06-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Ha ha it was just convenient for where I wanted them placed. Otherwise it would be completely different. :) I understood exactly what you meant.

Kiall
06-21-2011, 06:19 AM
a little bit of history for you children! Cyros is the semi mythical founder of Veingaden, he is often spoken of in a worshipful manner but he's just a stand in for what the people really worship which is the city itself, sort of like ancient Rome

I don't know if this has become evident yet but Veingaden is reeeeeaaaalllyyy in love with itself XD

Jacogos
06-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Self centered bastards xD Sounds a lot like New York....

... Oh did I say that out loud?

Kiall
06-22-2011, 02:41 AM
ha! it's funny cause it's true... anyways how's everyone doing? run into any writers block? cause that's what i'm sensing has happened,

yeah I was hoping there would be more people so there would be more posts to garner ideas from unfortunatly I don't see that happening, so if you guys are short on ideas Pm me and we can work it out see what we can do

Jacogos
06-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Well I just posted right before you, soooo.... I COULD, but, you know... >.> <.<

AliceMalice15
06-22-2011, 02:49 AM
I'll post in the morning. Short on ideas because of lack of brain function at the moment. -_-.

Kiall
06-22-2011, 02:51 AM
aaah back to back posting, the curse of a woefully understaffed Rp! you don't have to do that and i'm not even saying the pace is too slow, it's just a heads up in case someone gets a case of writers block

thesouleater
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Woah... I meant to have my character finished for this such a long time ago. XD
I've kinda lost some of my ideas for my character and it doesn't seem right to go and change my original idea to me, so I'm going to drop this. D: Sorry.
Hope you have fun with the RP and good luck finishing it.

Kiall
06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
y'know you could just make a new character if you wanted... but whatevs

anyways exciting news children I was going to save this until after the ice storm but I might as well show it to you now

The Singing Mandrake

One of the most popular spots in the city, it’s warm and lively, the beverages sold here are strange and exotic and quite potent, the place also houses the Parlour of Virtue a collection of Evening Ladies (i.e whores) known for their intricate bright red stockings no one knows how they are made or how they get that unique hue but it’s joked that people go more for the stockings than the girls. The entire place is run by one of the hooded creatures that goes by the name of Sir Port

Firelight Orphanage

A decrepit building (the owners swear they’re in the process of refurbishing) the children are rarely seen outside the orphanage but when they are they often have a hollow frightened look on their face, most are malnourished there are some rumors that they are being used for some nefarious purpose but these rumors are undoubtedly lies

The Fighting rings
More of an event than an actual location these rings are held at various spots throughout the city they are extremely exclusive and are by invitation only, these rings are said to be the work of a man named Feducci

i'll add more as I think of them this is just a way for us to have a reference point for the city, i'd also love some input on new locations from you guys if you have any...

next thing are these small plot ideas, these will basically be small little stories to sort of spread out the major ones, the cucumber and mayonaise finger sandwiches to the major plot points glorious meatball sub

Felicia has been having strange dreams involving her family’s ancestry, in order to learn more and hopefully stop them she buys and drinks a strange laudanum said to physically transport someone into a dream, however Sharon also takes a swig and they both find themselves sharing the dream

Daniel has entered a semi legal fighting ring in the hopes of making some money, Meanwhile James has also started an illegal gambling racket for a similar reason, When Daniel is introduced to the Black Ribbon society he learns a terrible secret about the leader Feducci

A brilliant inventor has just created a submersible able to dive under the waves, he hopes to explore a vast underground lake that formed from the melted ice of Veingaden, he has hired Lierah, James and Daniel to assist him in exploring the depths

the character mentioned aren't set in stone I can change who is involved with what or how many it's just a frame of reference, anyways I'll add more when I think of them, if you guys have a good idea say something and i'll gladly add it to the spoiler, we'll probably do about three maybe four of these between major story bits we'll see

AliceMalice15
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Ooooooh I like the subplots!!!!! I have an idea for the Daniel fighting ring one for a part that Lierah could play, but I'll keep it a secret for now ;3 it will probably get them both in trouble. Oh and one thing you'll learn about Lierah is that she can be threatening, tricky, seductive, etc. If she really feels the need.

kagomri
06-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Hmmmm, interesting. Thanks for the info =)

thesouleater
06-24-2011, 01:38 AM
I know. Its just.... meh. ^^; I can't think of anything right now, so yeah...

Kiall
06-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Alice: glad you got some ideas already, feel free to think of your own plots or even a new location

The soul: you could just be an ordinary dude, it doesn't have to be something special... well if you ever do think of an idea we'll be accepting, you can pretty much enter at any time

oh and Kagomri, uhh I think you might be confused on the timeline here, this is an rp that takes place in 18th century setting and your making references to robots, and female pants (scandalous!), and now a freezer, i'm almost certain they didn't have those back then..

AliceMalice15
06-24-2011, 02:50 AM
I'm glad you're glad....NOW POST BEFORE I WIP YOU WITH MY BELT!!!! XD *giggles as she jokingly waves her belt around*

Kiall
06-24-2011, 03:01 AM
nooo not the belt! anyways I can't post until Wattz does, I mean I can but it'd just be more faffing about and i'td like us to get to the meat and potatoes as quick as possible

AliceMalice15
06-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah I figured as much :) oh Lierah was talking to Daniel though FYI. Just incase you didn't know. :) but yeah I understand. Gosh Wattz you're a bad princess XD ha ha I'm mean. And I probably sound like I'm drunk XD that's what I get for watching futurama. XD

Jacogos
06-24-2011, 03:22 AM
*is lost and can't focus well enough to read shit* I just need to come back lol

Wattz
06-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Awesome subplots! I can't post in depth about them right now, but I'm gonna post tonight and try to think up some more ideas if you'd like them!

Kiall
06-24-2011, 03:42 AM
sounds fantabulastic! and don't listen to Alice you're the prettiest princess of the ball! what does she know? she didn't make a family tree or draw a giant woman! It's you and me against the world here! I like your style...hustle could use some work though, now get out there and spin me a yarn!

AliceMalice15
06-24-2011, 03:56 AM
Heh heh XD I know a lot hun. It's ok though I'm usually being sarcastic or just dumbtarded due to lack of sleep or whatever. I.E. I probably don't mean it. If I do you'll know. No smilies when I'm serious...though that doesn't include IC posts. :) Either way I don't mean most of the mean things I say. You make a pretty good princess Wattz.

Wattz
06-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Just you wait and see Kiall, I'ma make that princess whip out an out of character machine gun and shoot the place up with gumball bullets!

Good to make a post now, but sadly, I don't have anymore plot ideas to add. Rest assured, I'll keep thinkin'!

XDDD no worries, it's all good. I commend you, Alice, on your Futurama watching!

AliceMalice15
06-24-2011, 04:14 AM
Ha ha I'm nuts though. :) so yeah. Sometimes I think the doctor was right when he said I was supposed to be a dude. I'm such a tomboy sometimes XD NOW GET TO POSTING PRETTY GIRL!!! I still have that belt ready to go XD lolzors.

Kiall
06-24-2011, 06:00 AM
hey Wattz you got any major plot stuff you need to resolve? cause in my next post i'm planning on doing the whole midnight disaster thing, so I don't know if you were planning on being somewhere or discovering something, but if you were I guess you can just expand the post. just a heads up!

Wattz
06-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Nope! I have nothing I need to resolve for the moment.

kagomri
06-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Ew. Princesses. JKJK!

oh and Kagomri, uhh I think you might be confused on the timeline here, this is an rp that takes place in 18th century setting and your making references to robots, and female pants (scandalous!), and now a freezer, i'm almost certain they didn't have those back then..

Ooopsies. See, when you said technology was based in the 1800's I thought it was ONLY tech. Should I change my posts or just leave it since its already been replied to?

Kiall
06-24-2011, 10:44 PM
it's up to you I mean the references are minor so I don't think it will alter anything if you nip and tuck, but you don't have to

AliceMalice15
06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
I'd just change it to something like Wine cellar or even catacombs for the freezers. Both are fairly old an cold concepts. You can replace it with something else though. Same thing for the robots and woman pants. Just swith it to something else. Oh but I will point out that in middle eastern and Asian cultures they did have pant/skirt combinations. And so did gypsies. But that's just Asians and gypsies. Just saying :)

Kiall
06-24-2011, 10:50 PM
true, but even then they were rather billowy, it was considered scandalous to see the outline of a woman's crotch outside of say a prostitute practicality be damned!

AliceMalice15
06-25-2011, 01:51 AM
This much is true. Aladin had it all wrong ha ha you could definitely see the outline of her crotch. XD

Kiall
06-25-2011, 04:50 AM
yes there would've been much monocle popping, lady swooning and gasps of "My Word!" if she walked into town XD

anyways the snowstorm is here! once you guys are done with your reaction posts then it will be time to meet Mr.Dreams! fo real this time!

Wattz
06-25-2011, 05:06 AM
yes there would've been much monocle popping, lady swooning and gasps of "My Word!" if she walked into town XD

anyways the snowstorm is here! once you guys are done with your reaction posts then it will be time to meet Mr.Dreams! fo real this time!

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/i/s/isayplz.jpg

I apologize for the spam I couldn't help myself.

Jacogos
06-26-2011, 02:21 AM
Alright alright, sorry for the delay, post up soon

EDIT: .... You know what... fuck it, I might need to drop from this one... Sorry Kiall, but I cannot for the life of me find the drive to get a decent post up... I don't know, if you're willing to give me like another day or something, I'll try again, but I can't do it tonight >.> <.<

kagomri
06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
D= NOO JACOGOS! MY JACOGOS!!

Kiall
06-26-2011, 06:05 PM
noo! we only have like three people! you can take another day sure i'm still waiting for others to post so your fine

Jacogos
06-26-2011, 07:12 PM
>.< I'll try

D= NOO JACOGOS! MY JACOGOS!!

o.o Definitely didn't expect that kinda reaction xD

kagomri
06-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Thats cause everything about me is unexpected xP

Jacogos
06-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Eh. Its nothing major, BUT its something. And re-reading the IC made me remember why I love you Kiall xD You're a riot!

Kiall
06-27-2011, 02:18 AM
haha I do my best! :) you referring to how I flaked on my job for most of the day to get drunk and goof off? or when I dive tackled a princess?!

anyways got a thievery kind of story idea that I think you might like, what would think of a gangwar between thieves..and magicians? still on the backburners we got to get to it first but still! note it!

Jacogos
06-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Noted!! I was mainly referring to the story you came up with for 'rescuing the princess' xD

Kiall
06-27-2011, 04:12 AM
uhh kagomri i think you might of mixed up some stuff, Felicia ran off after bumping into you then I caught her and then the snowstorm hits

AliceMalice15
06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry for my uber big delay I'll try to get a post up today.

kagomri
06-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Right k, I'll make a few adjustments.

Wattz
06-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Gosh, this RP really is hysterical so far XD.

"Who the HELL makes a festival where EVERYTHING is FREE?!?"

I'll be posting later today/night!

Kiall, I think a band of magicians sounds like a wonderful side plot!

Jacogos
06-27-2011, 09:49 PM
*bows for Wattz apparent love of Delta's frustration*

You are too kind xD

Wattz
06-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Really sorry about the weak response >__< I just couldn't think of anything better, and I didn't want to just... not post .___. Well, I had an idea, but I figured I should save it for later. At least a little bit later.

Kiall
06-30-2011, 05:33 AM
and there you go everyone Felicia ever knew or loved is dead, forever!

we're about to be getting into the real meat and potatoes of this Rp so start thinking about which subplot you wanna do first, you might of noticed I went ahead and put it all on the first post. also Don't be afraid to throw out your own ideas! seriously this is everyones fun pie

a little juicy tidbit about the major storyline, Mr. Dreams has Alcolytes, and most of the major conflict will come from meeting and dealing with said alcolytes, not gonna give you any personal info but I will give you their official titles

The Red Handed Queen

The Preacher of the Fire Sermon

The Dead Duellist

The Voice in The Well

The Pusher

seriously look forward to it!

Wattz
07-02-2011, 01:40 AM
D8 oh the humanity!!

http://www.dramabutton.com/

I for one am super stoked to meet The Voice in The Well >:3

AliceMalice15
07-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Ooooh the Red Handed Queen sounds interesting. :)

kagomri
07-02-2011, 02:24 AM
and there you go everyone Felicia ever knew or loved is dead, forever!

we're about to be getting into the real meat and potatoes of this Rp so start thinking about which subplot you wanna do first, you might of noticed I went ahead and put it all on the first post. also Don't be afraid to throw out your own ideas! seriously this is everyones fun pie

a little juicy tidbit about the major storyline, Mr. Dreams has Alcolytes, and most of the major conflict will come from meeting and dealing with said alcolytes, not gonna give you any personal info but I will give you their official titles

The Red Handed Queen

The Preacher of the Fire Sermon

The Dead Duellist

The Voice in The Well

The Pusher

seriously look forward to it!

Huh? Alcolytes? What?

Kiall
07-02-2011, 02:30 AM
y'know people that follow him, people who've asked for his services in his past which he in turn enslaved and bent to his will, like the Nazgul I guess... but with more personality

and I was serious about that subplot thing give a shout out of which one you wanna do first, and i'll figure out how we'll work it in

AliceMalice15
07-02-2011, 03:04 AM
The fighting ring one would make sense as a first subplot.

kagomri
07-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Ooh, I see.
I dont really mind which subplot we do first. But I'm wondering what the others that aren't involved in other subplots do....

Kiall
07-03-2011, 12:29 AM
it's up to you how your character gets involved, the subplot is just a starting idea something to work towards it doesn't define who does what or how

Jacogos
07-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Thinking up a post. I'm with family in Maryland, so they're gonna be taking up most of my time. I'll post as able.

Wattz
07-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Ditto here, minus the family in Maryland XD. I'm workin' on a post as we speak.

Kiall
07-03-2011, 03:00 AM
I too have found myself in a place with little internet access!

Wattz
07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
When I posted, I totally jacked up the continuity of what Kiall's post had been, so I fixed it XD. Super my bad!

Kiall
07-07-2011, 07:01 PM
ha! just do what I do..blame Jacogos

Damn you Jacogos! yet again you foiled my words! and sullied my good name!

Jacogos
07-08-2011, 02:38 AM
I don't know what I did! Dx -hides in the corner of shame-

AliceMalice15
07-08-2011, 02:44 AM
*crouches down and pats Jacogos' head* is ok :) you didn't do nothin :) Cal just uses you as a scapegoat. Lollipop? *pulls lollipop out of thin air* ;)

kagomri
07-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Dont take it! -snatches lollipop away- Its a trap from Alice Pedo!-

-backs away and starts eating it....-

AliceMalice15
07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
*hits Kagomri on the back of the head* not a pedo. >:* *Pulls another Lollipop from thin air* this one is yours Jacogos. Kago-chan was just being stingy. I make really good lollipops :D

kagomri
07-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Pssst! She's lying through her teeth! She's a pedo woman! -insists-

AliceMalice15
07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
NOT A PEDO!!!! *tackles Kagomri and pins her to the ground* take it back! *pouts*

The Imposter
07-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Aren't you assuming that Jacogos is a child if shes a pedo? His profile says 17 which pretty much kills the whole pedo thing no?....Just call me the fun police! Policing fun since 1995 kids!

By the way...I'm writing my post for the IC as we speak? (We aren't speaking....are we?)

kagomri
07-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I forgot...did you make a CS? I dont remember seeing you around this rp....

I TAKE IT BACK!!!

-Brushes off- Jesus woman! You're not a pedo, you're worse! YOU'RE MAD! AHH IM IN THE ROOM WITH A PSYCHO!! -runs fast around the room circling Jacagos sevral times before being reduced to dust from speed-

Kiall
07-09-2011, 05:01 AM
*scoops up kagomri dust with a broom and deposits it into a nearby waste bin*

okay now that that's over, Jacogos, atma, and I are now in a dream kinda, anyways you guys can put it in your post or you can let me, but eventually we will all have the uncontrollable urge to travel north, eventually our paths will diverge, Jacogos will enter a cave, atma will enter a forest (yes I know it doesn't make sense for there to be a jungle in a forest but shut up! it's a dream gawd!) and I will head towards a cliff overlooking the ocean, there we will relive our dream but it will be slightly off (i'll let you interpret how and if it means anything)

and yes none of us can die now technically, drowning just causes you to wake up with a hangover, stabings lead to being sore in the morning, now if someone were to cut you into itty bitty bits you won't come back but barring that you're golden, so there is literally no reason for you to avoid having horrible things happen to your character!

AliceMalice15
07-09-2011, 05:23 AM
Ha ha she's right you know :3 *hands a lollipop to Kiall* lollipops just keep me calm....er.

Posted. :) it was really kind of filler stuff though maybe Lierah should go into her own dream. How awkward would that be? A girl who's never actually had a dream before having a dream. I mean I for one would be like "What the fuck is this shit?! Who drugged me I'm going to kick their face in!"

Kiall
07-09-2011, 05:31 AM
*put it in his mouth and starts humming the song Lollipop, becomes embarrased that he knows it by heart, instead switches to the manlier song Another one Bites the Dust*

go for it! here's another idea, the hooded guys are going to pretty much become the head of every major business, you could have one visit and offer to buy your services, y'know you make watches for him in exchange for... I don't know food or something... just a thought

AliceMalice15
07-09-2011, 05:41 AM
*giggles at Kiall and pats his head* cute :3

maybe...that's actually a pretty good idea :) I'll think about it.

Jacogos
07-10-2011, 01:19 AM
-quietly appears to read Kiall's post and nonchalantly ignore the other odd-ness-

Hmmm.. a neverending dream... great xD I'm expecting hilarity to ensue from Delta's end.

AliceMalice15
07-10-2011, 01:30 AM
*hits Jacogos upside the head with a cast iron frying pan* Do not ignore me fool!!!! Lollipop? :3

Kiall
07-10-2011, 01:42 AM
it's not neverending, we're gonna wake up, we're just going through the dream and then we'll wake up

Jacogos
07-10-2011, 02:06 AM
x_x *has been knocked unconscious by the frying pan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNd73Y4PYMA)*

AliceMalice15
07-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Yep that's it :3

Wattz
07-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Sorry that my post isn't exactly eventful >_<. I'm at a slight loss, I'll admit, but I really felt like I had to post XD.

I wasn't sure if everyone was supposed to be involved in the dream thing cause you said it would be you, Jacogos, and Atma, so I just... didn't make Felicia fall asleep or dream or anything XD.

Kiall
07-11-2011, 11:54 PM
you guys don't have to do the dream thing, I just did that as a way or us to get connected with the other two characters we haven't met yet, and don't worry i'm gonna post soon and once jacogos and atma... do whatever it is they're going to do we can start on some subplottage! nd i'm going with alice's suggestion with the fighting rings... so think about how you wanna be a part of it

kagomri
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah same here I'm at slight loss xD Should Sharon get involved in the whole....jungle thing? Or should she just share a dream with Felicia because that was one of the subplots....

Edit-Okay, I'll just follow Wattz, see what Felicia's up to then dream with her

Wattz
07-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh, that makes sense XD. Thanks Kiall!

Actually kagomri, I think that'd be a really cool idea, if only to start something off for a later subplot or the like. I say that if we have the opportunity to do so before the plot moves forward, we should have Sharon and Felicia share a small dream.

kagomri
07-12-2011, 12:29 AM
What do you mean by start something off for a later subplot?

Wattz
07-12-2011, 12:31 AM
I just figured that subplots would start a little later, so maybe if they had a shared dream right now, then they could have a more substantial backing for a subplot later.

Jacogos
07-12-2011, 12:48 AM
>.>
<.<
I regret nothing! *goes off to figure out what the HELL I'm gonna post*

kagomri
07-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Sure, okay. =)

Kiall
07-12-2011, 12:56 AM
atma uhh how exactly do you know me? I mean i'm not famous, just a palace guard y'know the guy that stands around entrances and looks mean, also i'm not a knight people i'm a guard, you don't have to put Sir in my name. Guardsman Daniel or Guardsman or "Oy Dipshit!" is more appropriate

AliceMalice15
07-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Ha ha I like the last one the best XD

Kiall
07-12-2011, 02:36 AM
ha ha yes his superiors do to! XD

now I know this whole group dreaming thing is pretty awesome and prophetic and mysterious (specially mine!) but don't feel like you have to limit yourself you can do pretty much anything use those imaginations!

also there's going to be a time jump, not right now! but soon won't be much just twelve days, just... think about what you'll be doing then

The Imposter
07-12-2011, 03:21 AM
I figured it would fit in a kids mind, he and the other boys would play pretend all day long throughout the town and definitely notice the guardsmen so they made up stories for them. Daniel just happens to be Sir Daniel when Jack and his friends play around. I can change it if you'd like.

Kiall
07-12-2011, 03:23 AM
naww it's fine your good

kagomri
07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Hmm what would happen in 12 days? Hm.....does this mean I won't be dreaming with Felicia just yet?

Kiall
07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
nono go ahead and do it I just mean when we're finally ready to start the first subplot it'll be twelve days in the future

AliceMalice15
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Please note that I will not be able to post until late Sunday or Monday afternoon. I may be able to post later today, but for most of the weekend I will be away from the Internet.

Kiall
07-22-2011, 03:13 AM
okay alice, hope everything's okay

alright what's everyone elses excuse? come on people post! we're on the precipice of some awesome shit!

kagomri
07-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Will do...when I have time....

Kiall
07-23-2011, 05:59 AM
you and Wattz are gonna be done soon right?

my plan is you guys finish dreaming, I come back, Daniel and Felicia have a talk about what comes next and then boom! subplot!

kagomri
07-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Thing is I'm not sure what to do after I'm done dreaming with Felicia so I'm thinking....

Kiall
07-23-2011, 07:04 PM
don't worry about what comes after cause that's the end of the story arc, then we'll start on something new :)

Kiall
07-25-2011, 10:37 PM
WOOH Double Post!

alright we're at the end of this story arc, now i'll just need a little character epilogue from you guys, it doesn't have to be crazy long just a little snippet telling what your doing and wha your plans our for the future then we'll start the next part of the story

since none of you have come forward with your own subplots and I can't think of any more we'll do one sublot and then a major one

we'll be doing the fighting ring one, the them of it is getting a job, i've taken the liberty of giving you a list of jobs below, however feel free to make up your own, Alice you expressed the idea that Lierah would be involved somehow with the fighting ring pm me about that, Jacogos I had you in mind for forming a sort of fighting racket but if you don't like that idea we can put you for something else

Job's

these are just a couple of jobs and a brief description of what you'll do, i'll expand on the story once you've picked one you're interested in

Manager and performers of Cinder Hall
you will work as an overseer for your own personal band of performers and singers to delight and astound the crowd, you'll also take part in some of the other unseemly business required to stay competitive

Hosts at the Singing Mandrake
you will serve drinks to the people who frequent the infamous bar as well as do the odd job for Sir Port

Infestation Clearers
more of a monster killer really, your job will be to enter homes and clear out any nasties that happen to be in it, be it large somewhat intelligent spiders with a penchant for plucking out and eating eyes, or gun weilding rats that will say awful things about your mother

keep in mind i'd like you all to be in pairs so, atma, alice, wattz, jacogos decide who's going to go out where amongst yourselves and if you can't figure it out i'd be happy to assign your pairs for you

The Imposter
07-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Just a thought but I think it would be sweet to partner with Jacogos. Was even thinking that Jacques and some of his childhood friends would become informants, eavesdropping on all the latest info and selling it to the right people for the right price. I think that Jacogos character would fit the easiest with that but whoever is cool.

That is if that passes with you Kiall?

Kiall
07-25-2011, 10:46 PM
funny story that's very similar to what you'd have been doing if you had picked cinder hall, so yeah if Jacogos is down for it go nuts! I encourage you all to think up your own thing to do

Wattz
07-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I think, for the moment, Felicia isn't able to to much besides serve drinks, so being at the Singing Mandrake would probably be best for her at the moment XD. I'm trying to think up how Felicia could develop to be useful, so I think she could stumble around with drinks for the time being! XDDD

Kiall
07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
it'll probably start out as some sort of boredom based outing cause Daniel wouldn't want you to be out in the open like that

also you're going to have to think of a fake name and alter your appearance somehow... if it were up to my character he'd suggest you cut the hair short wear something loose and try to pass as a boy..though I don't think Felicia will go for that XD

Wattz
07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Hilarity would ensue, though! That actually sounds like a funny idea, to make her pass as a boy. Ohhh, she'd be soooo crankyyyyyy. Boy names like... Frank -hurr-. Fargo. Fernando. Ferdinand.

I may be going for the Ferdinand line if she does end up masquerading as a boy *yuppers*.

Kiall
07-25-2011, 11:05 PM
ha ha -lol- holy fuck Ferdinand!? this has to happnen! HAS TO!

Wattz
07-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Ferdinand it shall be!! Gonna take some serious convincing and a tantrum or two later, but she'll have to comply.

Kiall
07-25-2011, 11:20 PM
oh gawd I imagine many plates being thrown... XD

kagomri, would your character like to join Ferdinand on s/he's boyish adventures in serving drinks and cleaning tables?

okay so I guess it'll be atma and jacogos, wattz and kagomri, and alice and me

any conflicts with that set up?

kagomri
07-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Love playing as a guy. Always have. I'm up for it. Sharon wouldn't object at all.

Kiall
07-25-2011, 11:39 PM
erm your character doesn't have to play a guy, she's not being hunted, I mean if you want I guess you can. But I imagine you'll be tagging along just to keep an eye on her or hell maybe you got her the job I don't know

kagomri
07-25-2011, 11:44 PM
kagomri, would your character like to join Ferdinand on s/he's boyish adventures in serving drinks and cleaning tables?

^When I read that I thought you wanted Sharon to play a boy as well. However I don't mind keeping her as she is. =)

Kiall
07-26-2011, 01:09 AM
hey hey it's cool, I won't judge XD

anyways just a reminder, we are on a bartering system

don't worry your information idea can still work, many stores will accept certain verifiable secrets as cuirrency

also kagomri, wattz you're going to be paid in bottles of fine vintage wine

The Imposter
07-26-2011, 10:18 AM
This epilogue post you'd like...umm is their a time gap at all?

Kiall
07-26-2011, 02:28 PM
you can do it whenever , just sum everything up so your character is ready for the next story arc and a whole new adventure!

keep in mind that the next one is going to take place twelve days from today so don't go crazy with it :)

kagomri
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Dont have much to say in 12 days but I'll try my best =)

Kiall
07-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I mean the next story arc will happen in twelve days not, the epilogue, the epilogue happens at the same day

Jacogos
07-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry I've been all... not here. Band camp is killer xD Anyway, I'm on for the night if you need me. What's this I hear about me and Atma...?

Kiall
07-26-2011, 10:58 PM
well atma had this idea that your character and Jack would be basically information brokers,since the next story is goign to be about us getting jobs and whatnot, i'm sure he'll tell you all about it

anyways for now if you could put like a little epilogue post for your character, whenever you get the chance that'd be great!

kagomri
07-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Oooh band camp. Sounds kinda cool.

The Imposter
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
The rundown Jacogos: Jack and James will get jobs at Cinder Hall performing or whatever but are also running on the side an information business. James would be using Jack and his friends as ears to get all the info they can on what is what in the city. With the most prized bit of info being the Princesses location.

I think it'd be interesting if perhaps James taught some of his pilfering skills to young Jacques to help gather some concrete intel and money.

What do you think?

Jacogos
07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Oh yes... Jaco like. Delta would be very keen on that idea. Although about sharing his tricks... depends on how much of a time skip there's gonna be. Delta is very closed off to kids. The only reason I can see him agreeing to this venture is the profit and the fact that he doesn't have to deal with the kids for an excessive amount of time xD

Give him about a month, and I think he'd be keener to disclosing his skills to the youngsters. And I like how you picked up on his interest in that bounty on the Princess's head xD

Cause I totally didn't scream it in that last post at all xD

Kiall
07-26-2011, 11:45 PM
oooh I am very much like this villainous bent that's going on, I can't wait for the next story arc...so get to posting so I don't have to!..wait that is

The Imposter
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Haha yeah that's cool either way. I won't be able to post tonight and really shouldn't be on here now. Tomorrow night will be a lot better though.

Jacogos
07-27-2011, 12:06 AM
I feel like I just posted.... Dx *thinks how I'm gonna do this*

Kiall
07-27-2011, 12:50 AM
well we only have six people, it's bound feel like that XD

The Imposter
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I know I got to post the epilogue but I'm on my way out the door as we speak. Won't be back till Monday so if need be skip over Jacques and time skip.

Kiall
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
gotcha Atma, though who knows we might not need to skip over, depending on how many people post

kagomri
07-28-2011, 11:18 PM
I'll have mine up probably by sunday. No promises though. >.<

Wattz
07-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Having mine done tonight! Gotta take care of some shit first, though.

Jacogos
07-31-2011, 11:21 PM
So real quick, weren't those spectre/ghosty things supposed to take the place of merchants and such?

Kiall
07-31-2011, 11:24 PM
yes and no, think of them as sort of business suppliers and management, many of them are merchants, however some of them have hired people and started businesses what makes them unique is the fact that they have the resources to create new things while the rest of the city does not

hope that clears it up!

Kiall
08-01-2011, 06:48 PM
another double post woo!

alright so atma and jacogos are the only ones that haven't posted... so i'm going to give them to today to do so, if they haven't done it by tonight i'm going to start the next story arc tomorrow without it!

look forward to it!

Jacogos
08-02-2011, 01:35 AM
adbfgsaipjgnpaouigbrpoaienjadsk

Working under pressure....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4-k4YH3MeeE/TSpkNodQS5I/AAAAAAAAAhY/lvehzszHOuM/s400/fuck_yeah_.jpg

EDIT: I should work under pressure more often... :D

Kiall
08-02-2011, 02:35 AM
*claps* nice post Jacogos! I need to give you guys an ultimatum more often!

Jacogos
08-02-2011, 02:58 AM
*claps* nice post Jacogos! I need to give you guys an ultimatum more often!

Mostly just me :D

Kiall
08-02-2011, 03:03 AM
naaaw this is an equal opportunity type thing... Wattz! post twice a week or i'll...stop loving you!

AliceMalice15
08-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Ha ha lies :) you could never stop loving Wattz. :)

Kiall
08-02-2011, 03:38 AM
*sigh* once again you cut to the core of me! tis true I cannot!

Wattz
08-02-2011, 03:52 AM
DDDDDD8!!!!!

*rushes to post twice a week*

Kiall
08-02-2011, 03:54 AM
oh pooh the i'm happy with your current rate, It was a joke I still love you :)

also congratulation on being the august month of the member!....I mean...august member of the month!

Wattz
08-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Yay for love! -rpa-

Weeeee, thank you!! 8DDD

Kiall
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
there we go a new chapter begins! start thinking about how you're going to get to your chosen job!

Jacogos
08-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Recap... What was I in charge of again?

Kiall
08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
you were going to Cinder Hall in order to start your own information brokering business, and Jack was going to be your assistant/whipping boy!

kagomri
08-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Is the Singing Mandrake located anywhere near any of the other places? And who's Sir Port?

Kiall
08-03-2011, 01:21 AM
The Singing Mandrake and Cinder Hall are in the same general area. They're both pretty bohemian spots so it's not uncommon to see people from one place go to the other

kagomri
08-03-2011, 01:25 AM
....And Sir Port?

Kiall
08-03-2011, 01:36 AM
he's the manager and supplier he owns the bar and supplies it with drinks, he's one of the hooded creatures we talked about earlier

The Imposter
08-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Bam posted. Hope that gives you an idea Jacogos of what I was thinking? Imagine Jacques will be seeing Delta and Cinder Hall. Never though but if spending money at the Inn gets to be too much. Jack lives in his parents home by himself....actually that goes for anyone if certain places become too crowded.

Kiall
08-04-2011, 01:21 AM
keep in mind there is no actual 'money' anymore it's all a bartering system, anyways nice post! get to it everyone else!

Epostle
08-04-2011, 01:24 AM
You still taking characters?

The Imposter
08-04-2011, 01:24 AM
oh crap, my bad. I'll edit that out.

Kiall
08-04-2011, 01:25 AM
we sure are epostle, we're always open!

Epostle
08-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Ok, so this is a horror right? Is this going to be like a haunting?

Kiall
08-04-2011, 01:36 AM
it's more like everythings surreal and weird..monsters can appear, lots of places have dark secrets, blood covered ladies with control over the movements of crows, sadistic priests that can breath fire, weird inky black tar things that live under wells and can control the minds of children...that sorta stuff if that makes it any clearer...

Epostle
08-04-2011, 01:40 AM
... omfg I'm so joining this. Give me around 10-15 minutes to create a chara omg omg omg omg omg omg.

Kiall
08-04-2011, 01:47 AM
sweet! we're gonna have to figure out where to place you... but we can do that once your character is done!

Jacogos
08-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Sounds good. last first day of school tomorrow, so I'm not much for reading/posting atm, but I'll try and work in something tomorrow hopefully

Epostle
08-04-2011, 02:09 AM
So what's the year of this role play?

Kiall
08-04-2011, 02:12 AM
like what form of technology? i'd say about late to mid 1700's gunpowder exists as does primitive firearms, medicine is pretty advanced as is literature and art

Epostle
08-04-2011, 02:14 AM
What about clothing and professions?

Kiall
08-04-2011, 02:15 AM
it's renaissance clothing and renaissance professions, why what are you thinking? throw it at me and I'll tell you if it fits

Epostle
08-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Ok, I know this sounds stupid cause I've read it over and over, but I thought it was taking place in present day for some reason.

Kiall
08-04-2011, 04:16 AM
nope distant future! oops did I let that out...oh aren't I a coy bitch?! XD

Epostle
08-04-2011, 04:53 AM
rofl, ok now I can build my chara rofl.

Epostle
08-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Name: Garland Remington “Remy”

Description: 6ft tall. He has sandy blonde, short hair. His eyes are hazel in color. Body is well-trimmed and built. He has scars on his left arm though, all of them going in straight lines going across his arm, but he wears leather clothing with some fur on it, so he can do his job outside. When not doing his job though, he usually takes off his upper fur/leather clothing to reveal a white tunic. His clothes though are a little torn due to the harsh conditions of being outside and from aging.
His personality is saddened and lonesome. He always puts up a nice smile in order to try to prevent any wondering from people he doesn’t know. He hasn’t been around people too much due to the accident that happened to him as a child. He normally has trouble sleeping and stays up quite often. Though he has a troubled complex personality, he’s really nice to people and doesn’t like people being so hostile, though he can be hostile right back at people.

Profession: Lumber jack/ Hunter.

Dreams: The dreams are more than just dreary. His dreams are not right at all. He dreams of being younger and running to the courtyard at the back of his home. The courtyard was elegant, yet covered in snow and ice. He would be running and then eventually stopping and begins to walk around having fun in the snow. Then a little while later, a little girl shows up and begins to giggle. He says “Hey, who are you and what are you doing here?” She replies “Hehehehe, I just wanna play. Come on, follow me and lets have fun.” She then begins to run through the maze in his courtyard and begins to follow her say “You better run, I’m going to get you” and begins to laugh having a good time. He finally finds his way out of the maze and finds her just sitting under a tree and staring at him. She says “Do you like other games?” He replies “Yeah I play a lot of games.” He begins to walk up to her and all of the sudden she disappears and is standing right behind him. She says as she puts her hand on his shoulder “How about a game that involves something special. How about a game where we have fun with your parents? I can start the game for you, and all you have to do is play along ok?” He then nods his head and turns around to find that he’s back in his house and watching his parents getting maliciously attacked by something. Blood, eyes, and other various parts of the human skin go everywhere. Then a girl comes back behind him and says “Now it’s time for you to end it Remy. She begins to giggle. This wakes Remy up every time. He never found out what she wanted him to finish.

History: Garland was once from a very wealthy home. This home however was far from comfort fit though. Every night, his parent would go out getting drunk while he would be home alone with nothing to do. Most of the time, his parents would come home and start neglecting him verbally and physically. He was never at peace when at home. He only dreamed of one day being out of that hell hole, and then it finally happened. One day, he woke up from his sleep, went into the living room, only to see his parents hanging from the ceiling. Blood was dripping from their necks as they were slit open and their eyes gouged from their heads. Then further back towards where the family picture was, underneath were letters written in blood. The letters spelled out, “You can come play with me Garland.” The family pictures paint was completely washed away, except for his face. His face and picture were completely unaltered, except for one thing, instead of smiling in the portrait like he once was, his face turned into fear. Ever since then, he became very cautious. He would look every corner as if he was expecting something. Every night, when he goes home or gets alone somewhere, he begins to cut himself due to his bad memories and dreams he has.

Kiall
08-06-2011, 02:53 AM
alright accepted!

now where to put you...

hmm you'd definitely be a good fit for the eradication job, though i'd hate to throw you out all by your lonesome... how would you feel being a bouncer in the Singing Mandrake?

Epostle
08-06-2011, 03:13 AM
That would be cool. I just gotta get some tips and detail about it first.

Kiall
08-06-2011, 03:24 AM
it's all on my first post under locations! :)

anyways I figure you'll start off working there and when Sharon and Felicia show up you can show them the ropes, get them introduced to the job, sound good?

Epostle
08-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Hmmm, ok. Yeah I jsut found it. I've read it I just sometimes forget to recall somethings D:

Kiall
08-06-2011, 03:33 AM
that's cool don't worry about it, so I figure you'll introduce your character in the bar doing his bouncer duties (feel free to add whatever nuances to the activities of the bar) I assume Sharon will be the first person to get a job and you'll show her the ropes become friends, then Felicia disguised as the mildly feminine everyman Ferdinand and eventually you'll find yourself getting involved in whatever shenanigans those two get up to

Epostle
08-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Ok, I'll be a bouncer lol. Ummm, yeah it'll take a while cause i got to think like a bouncer rofl.

Kiall
08-06-2011, 05:31 AM
shouldn't be a problem, it's taking awhile for people to post!

AliceMalice15
08-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Posted!!!! God I've been so busy and soooooooooo uber tired lately. Working sucks! Or atleast working in a restaurant does. :6 wow that last post was really long though o.O

Epostle
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok, so yeah...

Kiall
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
what's up epostle? having trouble finding a way to introduce your character? I suggest you setup a co post with kagomri!

The Imposter
08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Off to Boston and Maine for the weekend starting tomorrow night. Going to catch mewithoutYou opening for Alkaline Trio. Incase you are wondering.

Kiall
08-10-2011, 01:16 AM
cool have fun! I seriously doubt you'll be needed till afterwards anyways!

Epostle
08-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Ok, I can do that. I'm a bouncer so that means I kick people out right? But yeah, I'll try to make a post.

Kiall
08-10-2011, 01:39 AM
I was actually talking to kagomri about you two doing a co post, you wanna try that? you do know how to do a co post right?

Edit

derp disregard my co post idea epostle just post the best you can

Epostle
08-10-2011, 04:16 AM
I dont know how to co post

Kiall
08-10-2011, 04:17 AM
doesn't matter just..regular post disregard my words!

Epostle
08-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Well, I mean I'm going to co post with her cause she messaged me about it, so I'm going to try it out.

Kiall
08-10-2011, 04:59 AM
okay well here's how it works, first you get two characters and you pm them the things you're character does (it's like multiple posts combined into one) so it should look like this

sharon does something

Garland does something

sharon responds

garland responds

etc, etc, for however long you feel the co post needs to be, okay hope that cleared things up :)

Epostle
08-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Ok I can do that easily, in fact, I already sent her my post :)

Kiall
08-11-2011, 01:17 AM
yeah it's not hard it's a good way to convey actions that require alot of two person activities

also Gigawattz, it's seems like everyone either wants to kill your character, or sex her up, how do you feel about that? XD

Epostle
08-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Hehe, that's hilarious.

But yeah, I'm going to be a fairly odd character, hope you don't mind.

Kiall
08-11-2011, 01:27 AM
our cast includes a lazy inept palace guard, a spoiled princess, knife fight loving watchmaker, a control freak of a castle planner, a kleptomaniac thief, and a little boy...I doubt you'll stand out too much :P

Jacogos
08-11-2011, 02:54 AM
a kleptomaniac thief

Redundant redundancy is redundant.

And I resent that! xD

Kiall
08-11-2011, 03:06 AM
no it's not you can be a thief and not be a kleptomaniac, thieves steal things that are valuable, kleptomaniac's steal because of the sick sexual thrill they get out of the act, the valuableness of the item is just a perk XD

Jacogos
08-11-2011, 03:13 AM
>.>

If you say so.

I still take offense to that xD

Kiall
08-11-2011, 03:18 AM
well I take offense to Delta's constant theft boners! but sometimes we just gotta sit there and let the hot offense splatter all over our faces, getting in our hair and eyes and whatnot, and yes we may be ashamed at what we do, but at the end of the day, we take our money and make the best of it!

AliceMalice15
08-11-2011, 03:18 AM
It's ok mr redundant :) you'll live (I think we've all gotten that statement from our parents before XD) :d *attempts to touch nose with tongue and fails* yay failure! :D