PDA

View Full Version : :: ATTENTION - Important ::

Xanthuss
06-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Sorry about the title, I need to get peoples attention.

I wish to move the following be done:

No. 1
That all Aliens species listed in the 'Proposals' be accepted. These species include: The Miya Kai, Zvycara, Jea, Sysla, Varcan, Jotannir, Vaanshii, Autayni, Varzi, Chayoti, Ophanim, and other.

No. 2
That the 'laws of psionics and telepathy' be accepted as corrrect as proposed in the thread: Psionics and Telepathy (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14976) with further development as required.

No. 3
That the 'laws of dark matter' be accepted as proposed in the thread Limits & Rules Discussion (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14264) with further development as required.

If you agree to any or all of the above, please post here. If you disagree to anything or all of this, please post here and tell us your concerns. As you should know, the CT Project requires everyones permission to do anything that modifies the setting in a important way.
~ Anj/Antlers/A

Enigma
06-02-2011, 05:10 AM
instead of dark matter creatures, why not simply set it that dark matter is so destructive that it requires exotic materials to contain the released energy safely and regular replacement of worn-out parts, especially for fast moving or very massive ships? You might even have a "safety valve" that vents the energy outside of the ship in case of a catastrophic failure.

And what about a limit where you can't go to ftl speeds deep inside a system's gravity well. Get too close to a sizable mass, and you get pulled out of ftl.

Enigma
06-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I got to thinking about it - early dark matter reactor vessels could be made with regular steel but it would have to be thick - and heavy. First and second generation ships could be more engine than payload. With more exotic materials and experimentation, reactor vessels can become smaller, lighter, more efficient, but needing more specialized maintenance.

Quantum Winter
06-04-2011, 03:26 AM
I believe I should advise my activity will peak around late June, and so will my level of bitchyness and critique. Not very manly, but it'll do with the pain-in-the-ass weather I've been getting.

Cheers to the Jotannir getting accepted.

Xanthuss
06-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Awesome, it will be great to have you back Quantum, we haven't missed you.

Quantum Winter
06-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Haha. I've been getting that lately. Blame it on finals. Biology is a bitch when you forgot half of what you learned concering Bio-Remediation, aside from trying to calculate the probability of getting accepted in A.P Euro History and Honors English.

Fucking paper is EVIL.

Enigma
06-05-2011, 09:25 PM
I talked with Antlers in chat a few days ago. If dark matter exists mostly in hyper dimensional space, it should be possible to influence it to go 'deeper', creating a hyper spacial bubble around a warp ship, for example. Or to pop inside the 'hole' and travel through hyperspace, either creating a hole at the exit point or going for a sizable mass that can pull the ship out of hyperspace.

Alternately, if you know the frequency of a hyperspace gate, you could dial that into your gate and create a hyper spacial tube between the two points. Travel interstellar distances in minutes.