PDA

View Full Version : "The Walkers" (Rated R for Mature Content)

Shin.Aether
12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
It was a decent spring day at John F Kennedy Highschool. In upscale New York. The sun was shining with a luster of pleasant halo's and a crisp spring breeze. The bell for fourth period rang as the hallways all of a sudden ran rampant with highschoolers. Many of them yammering about the new movies that were coming to theatres.

Most of them were content in their own social corners. It was taboo to hang with anyone outside the circle. Of course little did they know that most of the social circles they were apart of; wouldn't matter come graduation day.

Walking from the upstairs stairwell was a timid looking but tall young man. Who wore a black hoody with the Independent logo upon the back. He wore a comfortable pair of jinco jeans, going with the same black theme. Most people viewed him as a 'Goth' little did those outside his social circle know. Was that he picked his clothes to match his hair color. Which in itself was a long braid of long black hair, tied back into a ponytail.

This was Thomas Eagle, he was a kind hearted nerd who at times seemed shy. Although to honest he was more along the lines of reserved, and shy. Quite a line to stand on by principle. He carried his books with him as he walked downstairs to his locker. A thin smile came to his lips as he waited to look at the girl across from him.

She was a rare beauty, whom he had known since middleschool. Whom they had met just bumping against one another. In a modest perverse nature, he bumped into her by accident. Though at the time her adolescent breast had been the first women he'd ever felt. Outside of his mothers of course, he often wondered since then if she had notticed. Or cared.

Though he never actually asked her about that time, he remembered. They had gone into having off the wall conversations about everything. Since they were fountains of uncommon knowledge about things. For a majority of the time that he knew Kahlan, she made him sincerely happy. Not the kind of happyness that two friends shared, but something far deeper.

Opening his locker he grabbed his bookpack and began shoving things inside. A mirror positioned at the corner angled such a way to where Thomas knew when he would see Kahlan. His eyes peered at the mirror as his eyes graced her flawless frame. Often time Thomas had a pit in his stomach from looking at her, that seemed to twist and stretch in of itself.

Looking toward her, he wanted this day to be special. The senior prom was coming up and well Thomas being Thomas had worked up enough nerve. To finnally ask her to go with him. Of course he wanted it to be special, and to be alone when he did it. A lot of people wanted to date her out of her looks. Or the satisfaction of being the first to 'Lay' her. Unlike other peoples motives Thomas wanted it to be special, and timeless. Thus he turned and grabbed his backpack. After kicking the door shut and stood behind her with a curt smile.

"I have something special planned, could we go to 'the spot'?"

To those who were unfamiliar there was an isolated place in central park, where he and Kahlan met to talk to themselves. Of course it was a lone stone bench in the middle of a grove of cherry oaks. To those who did and didn't know them it there secret place. Even those who knew them didn't know where it was at.

Meanwhile...

The howling winter winds blew around snow and ice in a distant location. A forrest thick with wayward pine trees secluded a solitary stone bench; that wasn't a bench. Old stains of blood litter the marble of the ancient altar. A man and a women approached it. Both of them wearing fur cloaks and mantles.

"Argus, is this going to work? If I die the Calirians are as good as dead without me."

A women gestured toward the taller man in the same cloaks. A beard of white collected pellets of snow upon it. He carried with him a staff, that contained a violet gem in the shaft. On his shoulder was the baldric of a sheathed sword. Ancient runes adorned the scabbard that were clearly ancient words. He looked down and sighed to himself as to what he was clearly about to do.

"The Creator teaches us Mira, that Magic can only be done with faith. You must promise yourself the magic will not fail. And have faith that I am right, and I wouldn't have suggested this if I didn't believe we had an alternative."

The women in the cloak turned as she sat down on the altar. A light shiver occured when her cold body touched the surface. She looked up at him with pleading blue eyes that seemed to search his soul. Argus could only painfully smile at what he was about to do.

Pushing his staff in the snow the cold was unbearable. His hands were nearly numb from the winter on Terra. But they still managed to clasp a ruby colored dagger. That seemed to be ornamental, rather then a tool to be used.

"...I wish there was another way, but without the Walkers. Terra...no...everything is lost. It is a shame we cannot help them more. But once they are here, their survival will be our only future."

"..Do not forlorn my love, we shall always be together in our hearts. On this day I Mira Andresia name you Guardian of the Gateway. By blood, my love opens the seal upon the Hallowed Altar."

Pain seemed to grip Argus like a festering sickness. She spoke the chosen words perfectly and without any hint of pain or sorrow. She had resigned herself to her fate just days ago in their home. But he would not shed a tear, for fear of betraying her memory, and sacrifice.

She lifted up slightly and removed the fur cloak off her body. If it weren't for the snow she would have disapeared. As her nude flesh blended to the area around them. Argus grieved that he would never see her beauty alive again. He wanted nothing more then to grab her and bear his soul to her. And forget about what they were to do. As she handed her cloak to him as well as her boots.

"By your love and blood, I Argus Rahzael exonorate you upon your deeds. And with your sacrifice that, you may find your journey to eternity swiftly. And your deeds honored by the Saints of Old."

Now they locked eyes upon each other and spoke in a near chant. That they both sang at the same time with their convictions.

"With the deed upon the Altar of Sacrifice. Oh Creator find us the Walkers whose love is only measured by the depth of their spirits. Bring them here to Terra that the power of love would once again reign supreme by your law. By our sacrifice we plead you to answer us, our time of trial is now."

With Mira willingly laying upon the altar Argus stabbed the dagger. With all the conviction and love in his heart for her folded into the point of the dagger. It cleanly passed through to her heart as Argus cut into her chest. And removed her heart while holding back tears as the ritual required. When he was finished he could only look into Mira's eyes with sorrow.

"THE PRICE OF THE HEART IS PAYED, NOW BRING US THE WALKERS. THAT THE PRICE IS PAYED IN FULL!!"

Mysteria
12-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Kahlan Di’Angelo had spent most of fourth period doing what she usually did. She had spent it daydreaming about him. He was Thomas Eagle and he was the only boy who had ever managed to capture her attention. From the very first time that she had bumped into him and found herself staring into his emerald green eyes she hadn’t been able to get him out of her head. She remembered it like it only happened yesterday. She could still remember the warmth of his body being so close to her, she could remember how she had blushed that day and had hoped that he hadn’t noticed. That had happened years ago in middle school and even still he remained the only boy she chose to be overly friendly with. Of course there had been others who had wished to date her but Kahlan had known they weren’t really interested in her. It had been more than obvious to her that their only interests in her were to find out what lied hidden beneath the clothing that she wore.

The bell rang signifying the end of fourth period. Kahlan had been waiting for what seemed to be days for today to arrive. The senior prom was coming up and as was the case with most dances, Kahlan had been bombarded with invitations. She’d accepted none of them, making excuses that she already had a date or that she wouldn’t be going. Anything to get them to leave her alone. The truth was she was hoping that Thomas would ask her. They had been friends for so long and yet they hadn’t really ever become romantically involved. She wasn’t sure why. She had always felt at ease with him and their friendship went just beyond the usual boy girl high school friendships. They often shared each others company doing things outside of school, hanging out and talking. Thomas wasn’t like most of the guys she knew in school. He was different in a way that she felt to be a good way. Sometimes other people didn’t really understand him but she did. And she was happy when she was with him. She’d had never had the courage to ask him out. She was afraid that by doing so she would lose his friendship and she wasn’t willing to take the chance.

Kahlan made her way down the steps. She was dressed in a viridian colored sweater that was very close to the same shade as her eyes. It fitted her curves nicely but wasn’t too tight or trashy looking the way some of the other girls looked when they thought they were dressing"cool". She had form fitting black jeans on worn over simple black suede shoes. Her long caramel brown hair hung gently over her shoulders as she looked towards the lockers where she knew Thomas would be.

Her locker was on the opposite side of the hall as Thomas' was. She always tried to time it that they would be there at the same time. Her best friend Kara had caught her on the stairs and almost made her late today. Kahlan had gotten around it by saying she’d catch up with her later because she needed to run to her locker to get something she had forgotten. Kahlan opened her locker, shoved a few books inside and grabbed the light jacket that she had worn that morning. It was spring and it was still sometimes chilly in the mornings.

Kahlan turned around to find Thomas standing behind her. She had hoped he would be there. Her smile widened as she heard him say "I have something special planned, could we go to 'the spot'?" Her green eyes twinkled upon hearing the words. He had something special planned and he was asking her to go to their spot. She couldn’t help but wonder exactly what he meant by something special but knowing Thomas the way that she did, she knew he would tell her when he was ready. “Sure Thomas, we can go. It’s a perfect day to be outside anyhow.” Kahlan loved being outdoors and the park was one of her favorite places in New York. It was her place of sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was her place to spend time with Thomas. Throwing her jacket over her arm Kahlan walked in front of Thomas until they got outside the front doors of the school and then she slowed her pace to walk beside him. When they got to their bench Kahlan threw her jacket over the back of the bench and sat down and ran her fingers through her long hair as if to comb it out. The sun was warm and bright and glinted off of Thomas’s dark hair. Kahlan couldn’t help but think to herself how handsome he was at that moment. She felt color rising to her cheeks. Looking away from him she looked around the park while she waited for him to sit down and tell her what was on his mind.

Shin.Aether
12-15-2009, 10:16 PM
The city of course was as busy as it normally was. Being a New Yorker he and Kahlan were far from the normal type of roudy Yorkers that inhabitted the area. Besides that the both of them never seemed enamoured with material things. As much as the people they had in their lives. Thomas's friend Sean often ridiculed them as old fashioned.

There was a crisp breeze covering the park, thankfully with Thomas's black jean jacket he wouldn't be to cold. Though at the same time the tree's were begining to bloom today, giving off a feeling of serenity. Thomas had summed up the courage when they walked through. That when they sat he was so bold as to sit beside her. Softly his eyes caught hers, his hand reached out and clenched hers. "Of all the years I've known you, I never admitted that I've always felt strongly about you. Even when all those eyes were on you."

Thomas seemed to be choosing his words wisely to stroll to the thing in his mind. A short breath and he idily stroked her hand a rare smile came to his face as he did so. "I don't think I've even held your hand, it feels nice you know?" Even he was bothered that he didn't jump to what was on his mind. He couldn't imagine how it felt to lead her on like this, without coming out with it.

"But in all the years I've known you, I've never been jealous, angry, sad, lonely or hurt. Just knowing that you're alive and your apart of my life has been a rare blessing. Right here and now, I want to admit that whether you don't answer my question the way I would wish. I'll be happy for you whatever choice you make, as long as you're happy. Kahlan will you be my date for the prom?"

As he asked the question a gust of wind came over them, carrying a slight chill with it. Though his hands were occupied with hers they didn't seem to be cold as long as he held her. It almost seemed like when they were together, nothing ill could happen to them. Like a mysterious force stopped the wrath of nature only to spare them. The time seemed to drag on as he waited for her answer. The nostalgia could have burried him headlong into eternity. At the same time however time almost seemed to stop as if this momment was all that mattered. That everything else in the universe was insignificant.

But the thing that was most perplexing to Thomas, was that he could feel the stone carved bench heat up. It was the strangest feeling he wondered if Kahlan felt it as well. Or perhaps that he was hallucinating the experience himself alone. As if things couldn't get any stranger for them visually speaking. A gust of wind seemed to make flowers from fall swirl around them in a vortex that centered around them.

Mysteria
12-15-2009, 11:06 PM
When Thomas sat beside Kahlan she wasn't exactly sure what was going on and when he looked directly into her eyes, she was slightly stunned because he had never done that before. As he took her hands she felt a sudden warmth rise and flush her cheeks. In all of the years that she had known him never before had he held her hands. Kahlan smiled a shy smile at him "I know Thomas, it's.." She could barely speak "It's very nice." She held his hand treasuring the warmth it brought to her, the feeling it brought to her.

"But in all the years I've known you, I've never been jealous, angry, sad, lonely or hurt. Just knowing that you're alive and your apart of my life has been a rare blessing. Right here and now, I want to admit that whether you don't answer my question the way I would wish. I'll be happy for you whatever choice you make, as long as you're happy. Kahlan will you be my date for the prom?"

Kahlan felt her breath catching in her throat. "Prom?" She was barely aware that she had even uttered the word. His words had touched her so deeply that she thought for certain she must be dreaming. The cool breeze on her face brought her back to reality. No, she wasn't dreaming. He really had just asked her to go to the prom with him! She looked deeply into his green eyes. It was like she was seeing him all over again for the first time and she was that young adolescent re-living a moment that had already happened only better. She stared back into his eyes completely lost and had to shake herself to answer him. "Thomas I have a confession to make too. I've always felt a special bond between us too but I didn't know" Kahlan stammered "I mean...Yes! I would love to go to the prom with you!"

The cold wind blowing around them no longer phased her. She had found she didn't even need to put on her jacket. She was warmed just by being in Thomas' presence. She couldn't remember ever feeling this happy before and in that moment time stood still for her. She fought the urge to lean up and kiss him. She'd been kissed by other boys before but had always known it would be different with Thomas if it ever happened. She had sensed it and felt it would be beyond anything else she would have ever known before. She was certain that when it happened it would be magical. She would wait for Thomas though. She felt it had to be in his own time and when he was ready. She had waited this long for him and she would wait even longer if she had to.

The winds picked up the fallen flowers and they swirled around the two teenagers in a mystical fashion. Kahlans breath drew sharp as she watched them with delight. Nature was one of the most beautiful things in the world to her. Possessions meant so little to her unlike being that which most of New Yorks society lived for.

Kahlan lived for moments like this.

"Oh Thomas, isn't it beautiful?" Kahlan whispered as she watched in amazement at the ballet of flowers all around them. Suddenly Kahlan felt very warm and the once cold bench now seemed to come to life with warmth.

"Thomas, do you feel it too? Somethings different here today. It's cold out but it feels so warm."

Kahlan looked around the park. Everything was the same yet it felt so very different.

Shin.Aether
12-15-2009, 11:51 PM
A heartfelt smile came to his face as he peered solemnly into her eyes. Those eyes had always seemed inspire something deep and fullfilling in him. When she said yes he felt as though everything in his world would be perfect. Even if he died right here and now knowing she felt so deeply enamoured with him was a blessing.

Of course with the stone bench heating up beneath them both. As well as the wind acting funny, Thomas had no idea what fate had in store for them. Her words seemed to curtail any worries he might've had. "The weather is nice today, but it sure the hell is strange around here if I had to say so."
But that didn't seem to be the end of it, in the least.

The ground began to quake beneath them as a pillar of light shot from the ground. Out of reflex and fear Thomas grabbed Kahlan into a hug. The strange incandescent blue pillar didn't seem to hurt them. But it felt strange nonetheless. "Just when you think that fate isn't so bad, this happens."
For the minute they seemed fine, Thomas almost looked completely blue. In that time looking at Kahlan she looked like a statue carved from blue opal stone. Stretching his right hand out, Thomas pushed against the edge of the pillar.

Upon doing so he came to the conclusion that there was no getting out. Looking over to her he could almost feel lighter, he moved back toward Kahlan reassuringly. But with another step, Thomas lost his footing. Gravity almost didn't seem to hold any sway here. He was floating, but as he saw Kahlan loose her footing and begin to float. Inside of him Thomas had no idea what was going on. But he didn't want her to be caught up in the same thing as he. "Quick grab the bench it's you're only hope!"

Whatever was happening there was a certain amount of terror, faced with confronting the unknown. When he saw Kahlan moving beside him he couldn't blame her for not being able to. It was in that time all he could do was to wrap his arms around her protectively. It felt like they were flying faster, and faster. Like time had nothing on how fast they were going in this pillar of light. When they flew past the stratosphere to the stars Thomas gasped. Still surprised he hadn't freezed, or even suffocated from space.

"No matter what happens, I am so happy you said yes to me."

Now they were moving faster then they dare imagine. Due in part something had found them and decided they were the ones who needed to go. Whatever was going on, Thomas wished it hadn't been them. The truth of the matter was all he wanted was to be with Kahlan. Thomas had his eyes closed but when he opened them. The numbing cold was all that greeted him, in a land that looked reminscient of the north pole. Looking beside him Kahlan was there still in his embrace. "I don't think were in Manhattan anymore."

Little did Thomas know that right behind him, lay a nude women. With a ruby dagger sticking out of her chest. With a man shrouded in foreign clothes, holding a human heart in his fist. The blood litterally soaking into the snow right behind him.

Mysteria
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
"The weather is nice today, but it sure the hell is strange around here if I had to say so."

Kahlan was just about to respond to Thomas when suddenly the ground beneath them seemed to open up generating a blue light that surrounded them. Her first reaction was fear which quickly subsided and turned into wonderment.

"Quick grab the bench it's you're only hope!"

She didn't want to grab the bench, she wanted to stay with Thomas. She reached for her jacket but didn't try to hold onto the bench. Although she didn't understand what was happening, she wasn't as much afraid as she was curious. The blue light around them filled her with a different sensation than she had ever felt before. Thomas wrapped his arms around her and they began floating. Everything seemed to be spinning and there was nothing but the glow of the blue light.

They seemed to be traveling through a different dimension and when they were surrounded by millions of stars Kahlan gasped. She'd never seen anything like this before.

"No matter what happens, I am so happy you said yes to me."

The words warmed Kahlan inside. She could feel cold all around her yet she herself did not feel cold. There was only the warmth of Thomas' words. "No matter what happens Thomas, I am so glad that you asked me." When they finally stopped spinning Kahlan found herself still held in Thomas' arms. Her first sight of the place they had landed in was that of Thomas's face and then staring past him her heart jumped. Directly behind him was a strange looking man holding a heart.

For the first time since leaving the park Kahlan felt extreme fear. Her eyes flew to Thomas' then back to the man who still hadn't seen them yet then back to Thomas. Saying nothing she held on to Thomas and started backing up slowly, bringing her finger to her lips as if to say shhh...trying to warn him not to speak while shaking her head no. She wasn't sure what to do, she could only hope that Thomas would sense the fear in her eyes and follow her actions. The only thing she could think of to do was to get the hell out of there and fast. Mouthing the words "run" she grabbed his hand and prayed the stranger wouldn't realize that they were there.

Shin.Aether
12-16-2009, 08:50 PM
With a blink Thomas eyed Kahlan curiously she looked terrified of something. Moreover she was looking over his shoulder at something that was close. Seeing her shrink back a little, he'd never known Kahlan to ever be scared of something. Albeit it was oddly comforting she knew fear at all. Thomas himself seldomly ever became afraid of anything, almost like it was a foreign emotion.

"...wait what?"

Argus stood there looking down at the body of his beloved Mira. He couldn't cry not yet the Walkers were not here. In some way he felt as though he'd failed his people because he felt sorrow for his actions. But in the Prophecy he'd read it said that was the only way to bring them here. He hadn't seen the arrival therefore he was resigned to his failure.

But all of that changed when he heard the voice of a young man. Just beside the Altar of Sacrifice. Blinking a few times he stepped over to discover a young women, and a young man on the ground embracing one another. It didn't even register he was holding Mira's lifeless heart in his grasp. The young man's emerald eyes locked with his.

"RUN KAHLAN!!"

Thomas saw a thin window to protect her, as his hand reached and grabbed the crimson dagger from the women. Feeling a tad bit sad he had to use a weapon that had been used to murder. Thomas positioned himself between Kahlan and the stranger with eyes that seemed to lack fear. However at the same time those eyes were filled with the righteous anger. In order to protect his friend at all cost.

"Who the hell are you and how in the hell did we get here!!"

Argus flinched with surprised as his hand dropped and the heart fell from his hand. He couldn't believe it, he and Mira suceeded, they summoned the Walkers. Hope seemed to fill him but at the same time fear set in. Upon realizing how he looked, this could end very badly he decided. These two obviously suspected him of being a murderer, or worse.

"Wait it's not what you think, hear me out I beg of you both. This is our fault, this women before you is my beloved companion Mira. And my name is Argus, our world and everything beyond it is terrible danger. Please I am not here to hurt you, please believe that. But me and this women believe you people from another world are our only hope for salvation."

Thomas looked at him with a heated expression he shuffled back a little more. A contorted glare of anger seemed to envelope as he looked at Argus.

"That doesn't answer my question, how the hell did we get here. And where are we?!?"

"You have to realize Lord Walker, you are not on the same planet you know. Mira sacrificed herself on this altar so we could call forth you people here. Wherever you came from it's only be told to us in legend or prophecy. In order to pull you through the gate, Mira had to sacrifice herself. Please you have to realize that Terra is nothing like the mythical 'Earth'. Talked about in legends of times long gone to us."

Thomas listened and examined his face sternly his hand with the dagger lowered. He felt a chill in the air and it was starting to make him feel numb. Looking over to Kahlan for a second he shot her a look that she could read. He was hesitant to trust him, the expression asked her if she wondered the same. Reading her expression he looked back to Argus and eyed him with caution.

"What do you mean Lord Walker? Is that just a word you have for foreigner?"

Argus shook his head and eyed him back carefully. His expression turned back to Mira in some way he wished it was he who had to die. But he knew her power was the only one that could have brought them here. Even with his gifted mastery over magic his will alone wouldn't have been enough.

"No, it is a title we give to those beyond our world. Who are destined to save our world from calamity and destruction. To those of us who know the ancient stories this would be the second time a Lord and Lady Walker; would ever haved descended upon Terra to save it. And believe me, if we didn't have to do this we wouldn't have. But it seemed this was our only hope."

Thomas's glare went away as he seemed to be cautiously weighing whether or not he could be trusted. His eyes peered at the sword on his side, knowing he could have unsheathed it and probably killed himself and Kahlan. But for now it seemed this old fellow wanted none of that. But at the same time he realized there was more at stake then he could say for now.

"I am Thomas Eagle, you don't have to call me Lord Walker. I'd rather have nothing to do with titles and such."

Looking over to Kahlan he'd stay quiet and let her introduce herself to him. After the introductions were made Argus bowed slightly and looked to them both.

"Elemental, Argus Szemirin. I am honored to make your aquaintance."

Mysteria
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
"...wait what?"

Kahlan was horrified yet proud when Thomas chose not to run. What was wrong with him? Had this place caused him to lose all of his common sense or was he really that brave? Was he being brave for her sake, to protect her? Kahlan wasn't afraid of a lot of things having grown up in New York and seen many frightening things but never had she seen a man holding a heart before.

When Thomas grabbed the dagger from the womans lifeless body and told her to run she remained behind him. Albeit true that she was experiencing extreme fear there was no way she was leaving Thomas to have God only knows what happen to him by this strangers hand who was obviously capable of horrible things. Kahlans fingers had to be digging into Thomas' skin right through his jacket but she was oblivious to it. She was clinging to him and wasn't about to let go.

As Thomas questioned the stranger and the stranger began talking Kahlan relaxed considerably. Something inside of her seemed to accept what the man was telling them as truth. Gradually Kahlan released her grip on Thomas and moved to his side to get a better look at the stranger, listening intently as she did so. When Thomas introduced himself to the stranger Kahlan also took a turn introducing herself saying only "I am Kahlan Di'Angelo and I too have no need for titles."

When the stranger introduced himself as an Elemental known as Argus Szemirin Kahlan looked at Thomas in a reassuring manner. Her instincts told her that he meant them no harm and Kahlan was a firm believer in trusting her instincts.

Shin.Aether
12-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Curiously after feeling Kahlan seem to hold onto him. It was comforting to know how much she cared about him. They knowing many of the things that humanity was capable of, were used to seeing lives lost, and death. He eyed Argus with a curious look and then looked down at the bloody crimson dagger.

"Elemental, is that just another word for Wizard here?"

Argus nodded the fact and cautiously moved toward the two of them. He looked down to Mira as a tear finnally came to his eyes. With her sacrifice they had accomplished the impossible of pulling the Walkers to Terra. His hand moved over her eyes as he shut them for her eternal rest. Thomas could tell from then that this women meant a great deal to him. Even in good deeds, savagery seemed to be the norm of this place.

"This women will pass to the realm of good spirits, I only wish she didn't have to die like this. But we knew it was the only way we could surely accomplish our goals. If I could have saved her, I would with all my heart. However for your protection I should insist we go to my Cabin so I can better fill you in whats at stake here. We have a long journey ahead of us, on behalf of me and Mira. I sincerely apoligize for pulling you off your world. I will come back later to bury her, the cabin isn't far we should be off before darkness comes."

Thomas looked to Kahlan with a curt grin he affectionatly said to her.

"Looks like we'll be away on vacation for a while. Hope you don't mind the over extended leave from home."

They walked through the icy winds of snow that made it difficult to see ahead. How Argus managed to find his path was beyond Thomas. He could barely see the shadow of Argus as they passed through the throng of pine trees that lay across the horrizon. It seemed they were some ways up on a mountain. Argus looked behind to them and spoke with a silent voice.

"There's a steep downgrade ahead of us, watch your footing and stay behind me. The snow has been falling quite substantially, better to watch your footing then fall into a crevice. It isn't far, this way please."

They went a little further without incident thankfully, very little wildlife in this season. As many of the wildlife was in winter hibernation. They eventually came to a sturdy wooden cabin with a stone chimney that let out smoke. A few glass windows adorned the front while a few leafless trees lay around each side of the house. By itself the house sat upon a cliff that was relatively level for the house to sit on.

Thomas stayed by Kahlan's side the whole way better to keep an eye on her. His hands were absolutely numb as he placed them in the pocket of his hoody. His legs were frozen and numb though he managed to keep treading on. His cheeks were pitch white from the extreme cold. As they went inside they found sturdy leather wrapped chairs in front of a still burning fireplace. A stack of wood nearby for fuel was neatly stacked against the far wall. An end table between the two seats. Along with a couple of blankets and two beds sheeted with wool and satin pillows. A cupboard by the far left window lay closed as Argus opened it up. Grabbing some curious herbs from inside Argus looked toward them as he set these things on an old wooden table. Setting aside a few wooden cups. He pulled an iron pot from the side of the fireplace and put it near the flames. As he did so he added another piece of wood to the fire.

"Here, I'll help you get some fluids inside of you, there's a parcel of dried meat inside the cabinet."

Going to a drawer he grabbed some wool blankets from inside and handed them to the two. He grabbed a hook from beside the fireplace and handed it to Thomas.

"When you see the pot steam the water will be ready, there is some herbs inside the cup that will help you warm up. I'll go ahead and take a parcel for the night and let you two take the cabin. I have a sturdy tent inside my belongings. My suggestion is to get those clothes off and warm them by the fire, so you need not be embarassed of me seeing your flesh."

It seemed Argus had assumed by the way they look at one another, they knew each other in that way. He bowed respectively and went to the door eyeing them with a kind hearted expression.

"When I come back I'll try and find some owl eggs for breakfast. We can discuss what's at stake when I come in at dawn. Pleasant dreams to you both, there is a wooden bar that can be moved over the door. I would suggest using it so no unwelcome people come. Anything you need in this house may be yours. Pleasant dreams to you both."

And with that Argus took his pack and went outside to bury his loved one. Thomas's cheeks almost seemed to come alive as a blush overcame him. At the suggestion they warm their clothes. Though it was a logical thought for them. He looked at Kahlan with a speechless expression on his face.

"Well...he is right if we don't take our clothes off we'll just stay cold.."

His hand still holding the blanket that Argus had given him. He shivered slightly though still feeling the effects of winter here. Moving toward the fireplace he picked up the poker with stiffening hands. And calmly stirred the charcoal. On the flip side he didn't want to make Kahlan feel uncormfortable, though part of him longed to see her uninhibitted.

"..so me first, or you first, or do we both do it at the same time?"

Mysteria
12-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Kahlan felt her eyes filling with tears as she watched Argus close Mira's eyes. It was obvious to Kahlan that he had loved her deeply.

"Looks like we'll be away on vacation for a while. Hope you don't mind the over extended leave from home."

Kahlan simply nodded her head her eyes holding a look that would tell Thomas that as long as she was with him she didn't mind at all.

When Argus turned and bid them to follow him Kahlan did so holding closely onto Thomas as they led the way through the blinding snow up the trail until they came to a small cabin. She was grateful for the immediate warmth she felt when they stepped inside. Everything about her felt numb. The idea of warm tea and something in her stomach brought her some relief but she hated the idea of Argus being outside having to bury his beloved and then sleep in a tent. This was his home, not theirs. No amount of protesting would have been able to change his mind though, it was obvious to her so accepting the blanket that he offered her she bid him a good night and watched as he exited the cabin.

Suddenly she was alone with Thomas.

She'd been alone with him before, but never like this. Not in a cabin and never in a room with beds. And defiinitely never naked before! She felt the color rising back into her cheeks at the mere thought of it.

"Well...he is right if we don't take our clothes off we'll just stay cold.."

Their clothes were wet and they had to be dried but she didn't think she could bring herself to removing her clothes in front of Thomas. Kahlan saw Thomas shivering and knew they had no other choice.

"..so me first, or you first, or do we both do it at the same time?"

Kahlan didn't know if it was because she was so cold or because she suddenly felt shy in front of Thomas but she stood frozen unable to move or answer him at first. Everything that had happened today had happened so fast. New feelings, a new place, knowing they had been summoned here by something she still had yet to fathom. She felt herself reeling but Thomas' steady gaze comforted her.

Sitting on the edge of the bed she removed her jacket and then her shoes and socks while studying Thomas in the glow of the fire. He was waiting for her. His patience with her seemed unending. Unfolding the blanket and shaking it out she walked over to him and held it in front of her. "I...ummm..." Kahlan stammered her cheeks filling with pink "Maybe you should go first while I hold the blanket up. Then you can hold it for me?"

Kahlan held the blanket for Thomas trying not to look. She wanted to look even dared herself to look but she tried to keep her eyes diverted as he removed his clothing. When he was done she wrapped the blanket around him pressing herself to him and holding him from behind for just a few minutes to help warm him. She probably held him longer than she should have but the close proximity between them made her not want to let go.

She'd never wanted so desperately to kiss someone before in her life. Here in this place now, finally alone she wanted so badly to turn him to her and kiss him but she didn't. Damning herself under her breath for not being more bold she hugged him from her position behind saying softly "Thomas, what have we gotten ourselves into here? I admit, I'm a bit scared but as long as your here with me...." Kahlans voice trailed off as she left him take hold of his blanket and fashion it in a manner to secure it before she handed him the other blanket and with flushed cheeks said "My turn, hold this for me please?"

When Thomas had the blanket held up in front of her she smiled at him shyly then pulled her sweater over her head as she turned and continued to remove the remainder of her clothing. Every part of her felt like it was blushing. She tried to imagine that his eyes weren't on her until finally she felt Thomas wrapping the blanket around her.

Shin.Aether
12-17-2009, 08:38 PM
The shivers seemed never ending it was comforting to know she would feel a connection with home through him. He listened to her words as she held up the blanked to his back. Unlacing his boots he slowly removed them as he pulled the damp hoodie off his back. And hence began to remove his pants along with everything else. Though the floor was warm near the fire. He felt the drafty cabin air, even with the warmth. Her shyness made him smile seeing her embarassment. Had it not been for the situation, it would've been years before they went this far.

"Of course, don't worry I won't peek."

Though in his mind he wanted to add 'unless you want me to'. But holding his tongue in that regard was preferable, since they were together for now. Until of course they come to accomplish whatever Argus needed them for. Being a fan of Earth's fantasy culture, this was every nerds fantasy. Pulled to a world where magic and fighting for justice is the norm. At the same time though there would also be new dangers Thomas couldn't fathom.

Having pulled off his clothing he set it on the chair nearest himself. Then turned around and held up the blanket. For a minute his eyes glued to the silhouette of her curves and shapely frame. Modestly he turned his head to the fire with plumes of red emblazoning his cheeks. He listened to her question and knew she was right. Having given it a little thought himself, his steady voice tried to make light of the situation.

"I agree, we know nothing of these people. Argus might be our only guide to the customs and practices here. But in spite of that, I am not going to view it with pessimism. To be honest watching all the movies back home often times made me dream of being in a world like this. But in spite of that I acknowledge we're both in over our heads. At the same time though we could never begin to imagine the danger we're in here."

Rather then scarring her, giving her the gentle truth of these matters, was always Thomas's strength. Though there were times when he hurt her with the brutal truth, often times he felt guilty when he did such. He moved forward and wrapped his arms around her middrift below her chest. He leaned in protectively, while standing closely behind her.

"Whatever happens here, I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you."

His eyes closed as his mouth traced the left side of her neck. Brushing back a damp strand of her hair he kissed the side of her neck. His stomach was doing backflips drawn to her modelesque form. Though he couldn't give her all the answer, he wanted to comfort her. Because she was his connection with home, and they were all they had in this new and enigmatic world.

Mysteria
12-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Thomas always had a way of speaking his mind in a manner that sometimes made Kahlan feel as though he were trying to force her to acknowledge the harsh realities of the world. She never got mad at him for doing so. It was his way of forcing her to keep her eyes open to those things she sometimes preferred not to have to see. Kahlan knew that things existed in the world that she didn't like. She just chose sometimes not to deal with them if they didn't directly effect her.

Thomas was correct though. They were in a different place now and Argus was their only chance of figuring out why they were here and what exactly it was that he thought they were going to be able to do in order to save this strange land. Kahlan had replied to his words thoughtfully. "I know Thomas. It's different here, it's exactly like the stories we grew up reading. Magical places, mystical things. But in your wildest imagination did you ever really think they could be true?" Kahlans voice rose with excitement. "I mean, what were the odds of us being called here? And why us? What makes us so special?" Realizing that she was going on and on she stopped herself and picking up her clothes she hung them over the back of the other chair. "I guess we'll just have to wait till morning to find out some of these answers. No matter what happens we have to find our way home again, no matter how long it takes. "

She felt Thomas standing closely behind her. Butterflies instantly began flitting in her stomach when he wrapped his arms around her and said

"Whatever happens here, I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you."

Kahlan suddenly felt like a statue. She was afraid to move and found it impossible to speak when Thomas kissed her neck. It sent a small shiver through her as he stood there holding her. She had always known Thomas would be gentle but his sudden display of tenderness brought a misty feeling to her eyes that she wasn't accustomed to.

She could feel him brushing the strand of hair away from her neck and when he again kissed her neck she instinctively tilted her head to one side, her hands moving to rest on top of his. Excitement ran through her but at the same time she was afraid. She was afraid to move. She was afraid to do anything. After what seemed to her to be an eternity she turned to face him. There by the light of the fire she saw Thomas in an entirely different and foreign yet pleasing way. Feeling a bit braver and a bit more comfortable with him now that she knew he cared as much as he did about her, she moved her hand to his cheek stroking it lightly with her fingertips.

"I know you won't Thomas. I trust you and no matter what happens to us here, I won't leave your side."

Shin.Aether
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
There was something purely nostalgic about being near her, uninhibitted. Almost like he opened his eyes for the first time and saw the one person who could never disapoint him, with new eyes. It made his heart beat like a war drum, on a conquest to claim paradise. It made him tender inside and smile in the special way she'd rarely seen in years. It was comforting to hear her words, her soft fingers lacing his face. His hands reached around her back holding her closer. There bodies exposed in a surreal fashion, her flesh brought a fury he'd never known. As his right hand traced her chin all the way to the side of her face.

"It's like I am seeing you for the first time again."

Before she could mouth a reply his heart ached to feed her want. As a slow open mouth kiss erupted into a symbollic dance of their tongues. His heart beat with powerful stride against her chest, as he could feel her heart do the same. As his tongue curled around making her mouth a prison for their passions. Though in spite of that he was genuine in not pushing her to far. Or stepping over a line that hadn't been crossed yet.

As much as it would be pleasing to have her, t'was not the time. In spite of that he didn't want the kiss to end with so fast. His strong arms lifted her off the ground as his legs shuffled to the nearest bed. Surprisingly the blankets stuck to them providing a modest viel to the passion driving them. It probably didn't occur to them that the kettle was steaming already. How his will retained control of the situation even in the release of such passion seemed irrelevant.

Mysteria
12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Thomas' warmth seemed to permeate her very being. His smile was unlike that of any she had seen before. When his lips brushed hers Kahlan gasped and she felt as though the very breath had been stolen from her. The warmth of his skin pressed to hers caused her to tingle all over and melding her form to his she returned his kiss, tongue chasing tongue.

Was this passion? Kahlan wondered to herself. If it was, then assuredly she never wanted it to stop. Her heart was pounding in her chest so loudly she was certain Thomas would hear it. She could feel his heart beating strong and true against her warm flesh. She felt herself being lifted and her arms immediately wrapped themselves around Thomas' neck pulling him closer to her. She was aware that he had carried her to the bed and laid her down on it. She pulled him down with her and relished the feeling of his arms still holding her, his kiss remaining slow, steady and with an underlying urgency in it but yet so tender.

The blanket had twisted and almost fallen off when he laid her down. The warmth of his skin tantalized her, teased her senses. She'd never been so afraid before in her entire life. Little scared her but the prospect of knowing Thomas completely scared her even more yet thrilled her at the same time. She wanted it to end, she was afraid but in the same breath prayed it to never end.

The steam from the kettle whistling startled her causing her to jump and hold Thomas even tighter.

Shin.Aether
12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
There was something so seemingly terrifying about making out with her. That drove him to want to keep her from running. Though at the same time he wanted her to stay comfortable. And didn't want to push her to hard to fast. But he understood that distraction was often times the best way to keep attention centred. Calmly his hands reached around and began to push into the midle of her back. As his hands curled down her back his finger nails idily scratched. Leaving little mark as they race slowly down her spine.

Feeling her jumps almost made his heart beat into his throat. But feeling that serene rhythmic pulse of her heart made him at ease. He didn't want to force her to surrender; instead he wanted her to willingly trust and release to that desire. His hands curled back to her neck as his thumbs rotated under her chin pressing against her stiffening muscles. As they trailed down her slender frame over that which she'd never let anyone have before. Until they coursed down her chest with fingers that would release the tention. Until he realized the best way to open her passion was to guide her through it.

That in itself led him to curl his fingers in her hands and guide her through the kiss. A soft moan came as he seemed to expel a great deal of labored breathing. Her sweet tongue made him ache inside to give more. But his sense still remained intact enough to lead her comfortably into more serene pastures.

Mysteria
12-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Kahlan tried to keep her mind from racing as fast as her heart was. She was confused and curious at the same time. Everything seemed to be happening so fast. The day had went from the elation she had felt when Thomas asked her to attend the prom with him to being thrust into a strange and foreign world that filled her with both fear and wonderment only to end up alone with Thomas. She had been alone with him at other times but it had always been different. She hadn't known that he shared with her the same type of feelings she had for him during those times. She had never felt the ecstasy of being held in his arms nor had she experienced the bliss of his kiss before.

Kahlans head swam as she was lost to the emotions and sensations she was feeling at that moment most of which she had never experienced before. There was a part of her that was terrified. It wasn't so much the idea of having her first experience with a boy or even of giving herself fully and completely to Thomas. She knew Thomas, she knew he would be gentle with her and could feel it by the way he held her and by the mere touch of his hand. Her fear lied far deeper than that. It had taken all of these years to become aware of his feelings for her and she was terrified. She was terrified that if she gave into her desire, that if she gave herself to him he might not ever look at her the same again and worse that he might not want her if she allowed herself to know him fully.

His fingers trailed down her back causing her to gasp and arch herself against him. Immediately she felt herself blushing and couldn't control the feeling that she had just blushed from the very top of her head to the tips of her toes. Sensations such as this were new to her and she both welcomed and feared them all at the same time.

When Kahlan felt his fingers curling into her own and realized that Thomas was not rushing her or trying to coerce her into something she wasn't ready for she began to relax. He was waiting for her. She couldn't bring herself to look at him even as she allowed her hands to explore his muscular chest. Finally finding enough courage to look into his deep emerald eyes she became flooded with a feeling of euphoria that filled her soul and in that single solitary moment Kahlan knew that Thomas would never abandon her as other boys would have had she given herself to them.

Kahlan surrendered herself to her desire, relinquishing herself completely to Thomas. Wrapping her arms around him she pulled him to her pressing herself against him tightly kissing him lightly at first and under his gentle coaxing her passion overtook her and she began kissing him deeply as she tasted him wanting to know every part of him.

Shin.Aether
12-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Driven all night within their arms, the thrall of each others passion remained steady. Until both were spent from each other and ready to lay exposed in rest. At some point durring the night the snow had stopped falling and the wind calmed a bit. Though they had been cold they rest well near one another.

The next morning those emerald eyes gazed down at the most beautifal creature he would ever behold. Hearing her slow and calm breath was almost a drug to his ears as he lie contentedly against her. A knowing smile came to his lips, it implied that in some way he suspected he'd never be alone. With a soft hand that brushed against her cheek tender words came to her ear.

"Good morning."

Followed by a sincere kiss to her forehead to rouse her awake. He moved off of her the blanket lay over her in such a way it hid little. Any other person would have looked at her youthful body with lust. But in his gaze, it was almost as though he were looking at a finely carved piece of artwork. Fingers stroked over her strands of hair, they settled over her face. Those emerald green eyes settled on her eyelids, until those veridian orbs looked back.

Looking over to their clothes settling on the seats nearby. Thomas stepped over to them uncaring whether she saw his nakedness. Feeling around his and her clothes he could tell they were dry enough to wear. At least they wouldn't catch a fever wearing them. The fire had done its part, he looked over to her with a smile.

"I want to thank you for last night. I guess this is one secret we can keep to ourselves hn?"

He handed off her clothes with a calm hand, as he began to put his back on. He wondered when Argus would arrive back, he supposed that he owed him an apology. He had thought at first Argus had been less then genuine. But lending him, his and his wife's home meant he was more then genuine. Calmly after getting his boots on, Thomas looked out the window to see the snow had ended. And the sun was out. He could tell they were some ways up on a mountain. Surrounded by a dense valley of forrest on all sides, as far as he could see.

Mysteria
12-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Kahlan spent the night lying contentedly against Thomas as the winds blew. Finally they ceased and she fell into a deeper sleep. When the morning came she was aware that Thomas had stirred but she didn't want to get up yet. She wanted to lay beside him for a few moments longer. His softly whispered "Good morning."and hiss kiss to her forehead bid her to open her eyes. She awakened to see Thomas beside her. It was a wonderful feeling awakening and having the first thing that she saw be that of Thomas' smiling face.

Having handed her her now dry clothing she watched for a few moments as he began dressing. Seeing a man naked was still new to her and even though she had given herself to him the previous night she was still a bit timid about dressing in front of him. Under the safety of the blanket she pulled on her undergarments and then sat on the edge of the bed and finished dressing.

Once she was fully dressed she stood up and stretched before walking over to the window and looking over the fresh blanket of white snow that now covered this place in a still sort of way. Kahlan still wasn't exactly certain of where this place was.

Walking over to Thomas she wrapped her arms around him from behind and gently placed a kiss on his neck as she purred "Good Morning" into his ear. She stood there holding him that way as she continued speaking. "I wonder when Argus will return. I do hope he was warm enough last night. It was very cold outside."

Shin.Aether
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Argus wandered down the incline of the mountain. Still holding the baldric of a sheathed sword still behind his back. Hiw eyes curiously looked down to his Cabin, he used his staff to consolidate his weight. Careful not to hit a patch of snow and fall in. He was surprisingly dry from the previous night, his satchel pack strapped to his shoulders. He also carried two native rabits in his left hand. They were surprisingly large, considering they were four and a half feet long.

Argus went to the door and opened it quietly he looked over to them. Seeing Thomas begin to make anothe fire with flint and fire stone. But seemed to lack the proper knowledge to make the sparks land correctly. His eyes peered back at Argus as he smiled up at him.

"You're surprisingly dry old friend, did you find a Wayward Pine to settle in?"

Argus laughed a little bit and set the two rabbits onto his table nearby.

"I guess that is one way of putting it. But more to the point I couldn't find any Owl nests around there. So I net two Leafers for us instead."

Thomas raised a brow looking over to Argus, and stood up setting down the flint and fire stone. "I can see that there are many differences between Earth and Terra. I guess me and her were destined to be chosen for this task somehow?"

Argus looked over to him and grabbed a skinining knife from his cupboard. As his hands slipped around his well used tool he cut bits of flesh and fat.

"You might be surprised, but that is one way I can tell you. I read about your kind in an ancient book found at the far reaches of the planet. An ancient Wizard wrote of two people who saved this world. About one hundred and fifty years ago, from the rule of a terrifying Necromancer. This man and this women who believed that this world needed saving. Seeing as they thought we were distant relatives. They both saved this world from annihalation and went home, vowing to make a family who would do the same. This sword I am wearing was the heirloom that was left for our people, for the day when two more came through the breach. It was made by wizards who were blessed with more then one magic. It is known as the Questbrand."

Thomas looked at Kahlan with surprise as Argus began to prepairing them a meal. And at the same time telling them how he knew of them. But for some reason he suspected there was much more then he knew. Thus he gave Kahlan a cautious glance before looking back at Argus.

"But how could you have known we were the right people, it seemed like you took a shot in the dark to find us."

Argus shook his head as he began to cut equal strips of the two rabbits. Before cleaning them he'd lift his hand. As a few pieces of wood would float, into the fire pit. Seemingly cusped in a breeze that was strong but small. Argus then summoned flame from the steaming charcoal below the pit. And smoked the wood up before placing the rabbits meat on a lone piece of wood; to suspend it over the fire.

"They left us one final message, a gift of an altar made of marble. And vowed they would make another on the earth when they returned. The Altar had magic infused into it. That would enact a bond that would draw the descendents of the two to it."

Thomas's eyes widened as he seemed to be putting the pieces together. He looked to Kahlan as Argus seemed to breath a second.

"There is another thing that I must tell you before we begin. There is much you must ask me, but I will tell you of everything you need to know. First of all when you both came into our world, from the vaccuum of space. Once you touched the stratosphere of the planet you came into contact with a lifeform. This lifeform most certainly blessed you with the gift of Magic."

Thomas stood up and seemed to think of it like a little kid. "Magic, you cannot be serious. How will I know if I am magical or not, or when I am ready?"

Argus laughed a second looking to them both. "Oh when the time comes you'll get quite a nasty headache I must assure you."

Mysteria
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Not long after they had arisen from their sleep Argus re-entered the cabin bringing with him two rather large rabbits. Kahlan surmised that they were to be their breakfast when Argus began skinning them. Having had eaten rabbit before while visiting family in the country the notion didn't bother her but she had to wonder if things here in this world would taste the same as they had back home. So many things here seemed different but in many ways still the same. Snow here was that same as it was at home, both cold and wet.

Kahlan listened as Argus began to tell them why they had been called to this world.

"They left us one final message, a gift of an altar made of marble. And vowed they would make another on the earth when they returned. The Altar had magic infused into it. That would enact a bond that would draw the descendents of the two to it."

Kahlans eyes caught Thomas' when Argus said it. All of those years that they had spent sharing time together at the park had went far beyond two teenagers having a special place to call their own. It wasn't until Argus had mentioned that they would be drawn to this special alter that Kahlan began remembering a tale told to her by her great grandfather. It had been after he had put in elderly care and he had become a bit rather on the senile side. He had begun telling her tales of a magical world that would become known to his descendants. It was a world that had been known to his forefathers. Kahlan had shrugged the stories off as the ramblings of a senile old man but now began to wonder if her great grandfather had held safe a long lost family secret.

"There is another thing that I must tell you before we begin. There is much you must ask me, but I will tell you of everything you need to know. First of all when you both came into our world, from the vaccuum of space. Once you touched the stratosphere of the planet you came into contact with a lifeform. This lifeform most certainly blessed you with the gift of Magic."

"Magic?" Kahlan said out loud as both Argus and Thomas looked towards her. "You mean to tell me that we have been given the gift of magic? Surely this can not be so. We are nothing special merely two teenagers that have been somehow called forth to this place. " Thomas looked at Kahlan as if he wondered if she had lost her mind to speak so freely. Kahlan immediately felt a bit of remorse for having spoken so sharply but she had been thrust into a situation that was not of her own making and she refused to stifle herself until she had the answers she so clearly sought.

"I apologize for my skepticism but please understand that there is still so very much that I am unclear on and I...." Kahlans voiced trailed off with a sigh. "I mean no disrespect to you Argus, I'm just trying to understand."

Kahlan looked at Thomas then hoping he would not sense the underlying fear that begun to hold her within it's grasp. While this was all in some ways exciting to her she couldn't help but feel a certain amount of timidness within her.

Shin.Aether
12-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Thomas was a bit curious how they could come into contact with the lifeform that gifted Magic. Argus had been turning the meat over, as he whisked a vial of spices and doused the meat. A smile came to his lips as he looked over to Kahlan; and gave her a soft explanation.

"No disrespect was felt Kahlan, but imagine this. People here on Terra have all at one point been blessed with a degree of magic. Those who live on higher elevations are more exposed to higher levels of it. In fact you will find that even land dwellers are blessed with a degree of magic. Some have no knowledge that they themselves are magical in nature. But once you came into contact with Magic from the edge of our planet. You were more then likely blessed with Magic that has not been seen in the light of day. Thomas as well will show sign's of it, at the same time as you will. But it will be through your consciousness that the Magic will take a form and sprout."

Argus lifted the baldric of the Questbrand off his back. And handed it to Thomas in a ceremonial fashion. He looked at him with a calm look, "What if I were to tell you no living being on Terra could ever unsheath the Questbrand. And that it through unforseen ways was the tool of the most powerful Sage's ever to grace Terra itself? Would you take it and wish to use such a weapon; or would you be afraid to use it knowing the power could destroy you?"

Thomas's hand was extended toward the blade, but after Argus spoke. He seemed a little hesitant to take the blade for himself. His emerald eyes examined the weapon with a distinct look of caution.

"That is why you are worthy to accept such a gift, you can feel the dangers of wielding such power. That is a hereditary response passed by those who know meddling with such power is dangerous. No doubt you learned this through your ancestors gift. When your ancestors came to this world and were subsequently exposed to the Magic. They learned that it was not something to be taken lightly. That is the mark of true magic, power is a tool that can be represented in three ways. Through good acts, and evil acts, and more precisely those acts that are justifiable."

Flipping the smoked rabbit a few times he lifted the smoked animals to a plate. Where he began to cut the beasts into smaller portions. Then brought three plates to serve the animals on, once they were cut small. Thomas looked over to Kahlan then to Argus.

"So you mean to tell us, we wouldn't be able to use magic. Because our world is different then yours. And that when we were exposed to this planets atmosphere. We are on the path to accumulating the power to bring forth magic?"

Argus set them down two plates and silverware before them to eat. He lifted a hot piece of the rabbit to his mouth and chewed on it smilling. After so many years of watching Mira, he finnally had mastered her recipe for smoked leafer rabbit.

"I do say I have mastered the ability to make the rabbit scrumptous. But yes you are right Thomas, on Earth you never would've been able to call the magic. Because our world is one of the few where magic can flow naturally. Earth is probably incompatiable to our worlds tiny organisms."

Thomas thought a little bit on his words and seemed to think between the lines. He chewed on some of the rabbit meat which he thought was the best meal he'd ever tried outside earth. a smile came to his face as he though.

"So I guess that the secret of Magic, is to acknowledge we have it. Would I be right?"

Argus nodded toward him as he began to cut up more of the stringy rabbit meat.

"That is actually the first trial toward becoming a Wizard, my friends. The second part is finding your center for belief of your power. Whatever your consciousness acknowledges that which your power flows toward. The second test is the hardest of the four trials to becoming a wizard. But I've been told far older forms of magic have more then one test. Until the path of that Wizard can be brought to fruition. Becoming an Elemental, I had at least five tests until I became as reknown today, as I was in my youth."

Thomas idily peered over at the Questbrand, a look of acknowledgement came to bear. Though he seemed to acknowledge he or Kahlan would own this sword. Thomas almost seemed to feel that it in some way belonged to him.

"Be careful of your feelings, you might be thinking the sword belongs to you Thomas. But there are two kinds of ownership, the basis of magic can make you feel you possess it, while only the truth remains to be seen. In order to peer beyond the veil of the magic it represents. Only searching beyond the shroud is the way to becoming the swords master."

Thomas looked to Kahlan and then to Argus, "But how will we know if the sword doesn't belong to Kahlan or me? Surely you can teach us how to see if it does or not?"

"The sword could very well belong to Kahlan, there is only one way to know. But since you are not aware of your magic yet. The only thing you can do is wait until the sword calls for either of you."

The Questbrand lay between both of them, the sword by itself wouldn't have been seen as much on Earth. But knowing it was a magical weapon, seemed to obscure the weapon in an enigmatic prescense.

Mysteria
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Kahlan listened intently as Argus began giving further explanation about the magical powers that he was certain Thomas and Kahlan had. She was realizing that there was quite a bit of knowledge that still needed to be absorbed and she was beginning to see the possibilities of their magical abilities. In actuality it made her head swim. She had never desire any such capabilities and had no use for them. She was more than content in her own life. That was behind her at least for the moment though. She had to focus on why she had been brought here and the sooner she did that the sooner she would be able to return to the life that she had been content with. Thomas had already brought magic into her life when he had asked her to accompany him to the prom. Now she was being thrust even deeper into a magical realm where Thomas and herself held some power, some key as it were to saving this land.

"What if I were to tell you no living being on Terra could ever unsheath the Questbrand. And that it through unforseen ways was the tool of the most powerful Sage's ever to grace Terra itself? Would you take it and wish to use such a weapon; or would you be afraid to use it knowing the power could destroy you?"

Kahlan studied the weapon in Argus's hand. She mulled over his words studying it carefully as she listened to Thomas question Argus. It was though Thomas had read her mind when he asked Argus the questions that he did. He was asking everything that she herself had been wondering. Kahlan looked at the weapon considering it thoughtfully. Obviously it held great power; a far greater power than she herself could ever wield. No, the weapon was not meant for her. It had to be meant for Thomas. He was brave, he had courage. His courage had become even more evident to her since they had arrived on Terra.

Kahlan ate in silence listening to the two men speaking and only spoke long enough to compliment Argus on his cooking abilities with the meat. Rabbit wasn't an easy dish to prepare but Argus had managed it quite well.

"But how will we know if the sword doesn't belong to Kahlan or me? Surely you can teach us how to see if it does or not?"

"The sword could very well belong to Kahlan, there is only one way to know. But since you are not aware of your magic yet. The only thing you can do is wait until the sword calls for either of you."

Kahlan shook her head between bites of her food. "Then what your saying is that the sword will find it's owner, it's owner will not find it?" Kahlan shook her head. Perhaps she did hold some magical power but she knew the sword belonged to someone brave who held courage within their heart. That pesrson had to be Thomas because she felt herself to be none of those things. Although at times she may have been bold, inquisitive even, she had never thought of herself as brave. Kahlan looked from Thomas to Argus as she said "No, the sword must belong to Thomas for it can not belong to me. I accept that I may hold some unforeseen magic abilities that I have not yet come to know, but this sword is meant for someone other than me. It is meant for the brave. Surely, it is meant for Thomas, it is not meant for me."

Shin.Aether
12-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Argus looked over to Kahlan as she herself seemed to acknowledge that she was not the owner. A soft expression came over his face as he looked to Kahlan's eyes.

"Then in such a case your magic has already made it known to you you do not control it. That is also a way your magic is growing inside of you, since it told you that you're not owner of the Questbrand. That is one way Magic would serve as a shield to protect you from an item you cannot control."

Thomas looked at Argus with a questionable look, his eyes seemed to size the sword up. It was five feet long and held a runed scabbard and sheath. He could only imagine what the runes themselves meant. But on the flipside Thomas almost felt he was bonded to the sword, somehow. It made his muscles contort and tense into goosebumps. Running his hand over the handle feeling the cold metal of the sword. Thomas took into view the feeling he felt from the blade. It made his hair stand on end just holding such a destructive weapon.

"Then since I feel the swords power flowing through me. And feel that without a doubt the sword belongs to me. I am able to call the swords power into me?"

Argus finished up the rabbit with a thoughtful manner as he began to give Thomas the solution.

"I would have to say that since you feel the power merging with you. That the sword knows, that you know you're the master of the Questbrand. You acknowledge that the sword belongs to you. And given the nature of your questions, you are already on a path toward becoming Questbrands Master. Only one willing to quest for the truth may truly claim this sword as their own."

Thomas picked the sword up albeit a little hesitantly. As his right hand moved to the handle, he felt the power invisibly emerse itself with him. Almost as though he felt that magic was not quite an illusion, and not quite relevant. Yet something that was between the two altogether. As his left hand handled the sheath, it was unsheathed. As a soft metal ringing followed as the opal metal blade sang a battle hymm. A soft glow ran up from one side of the sword to the other. Without it coming directly from the fireplace nearby. The flat edge of the blade had an inscription, but it was in a language Thomas couldn't translate.

Argus smiled, he seemed to have found the blades master in a short.
"No other person would ever have been able to unsheath that sword. It only became unsealed when you unsheathed it Thomas. Any other person releasing that sword would have died trying to do so. That is how you can be sure that the Questbrand was yours always."

Thomas's eyes seemed to take in the archaic weapon in view. He could barely believe that such a weapon from ancient times would acknowledge his ownership. Closing his eyes he felt weary of holding it to long, as he slipped the blade back into the sheath.

Listening to Kahlan's question Argus looked at them both nodding. He drew the plates after they were finished eating and placed them in a wet bucket. Looking at them once more he began to gather some things from the cubpoard. Along with a sturdy looking bow and quiver. The bow itself was wrapped in a dark blue cloth that seemed reminscient of leather. A casual glance came to Kahlan's eyes as he handed her the bow and quiver.

"You're right I will admit that first off the reason me and Mira brought you here. Is because our world is in danger of magic that even stronger then your combined strengths. We haven't much time to waste, In the far north east lay a kingdom of Warlocks who serve a Warlock King. He spent most of his life accumulating power to grow enough to wield the greatest power of all. We Wizards, and Sorceresses have long waged a silent war against him."

"His name is Dargrham Ness, he is a Warlock of the Order of Trifalghura. He is a tyrant who long seperated by the council of Wizards. Claiming he had the ultimate solution for all life in the universe. We ignored him for a few years doubting whether he could accomplish his goal. To be frank we didn't even know he was the one who could recover an artifact. One that could in very essence seal everyones fate. This artifact, known only in myth and legend is called the Rubicon Cube. Solving the puzzle of this ancient artifact will lead someone to the two tree's of creation and destruction. Any man who can claim the tree's for himself will ultimately become the master of life and death."

Thomas listened quietly as Argus told them of the tale that he heard. He couldn't imagine anyone becoming that powerful. Rivaling every view he'd ever held dear in the past. It reminded Thomas that in this world, a whole other set of rules were involved in the dominion of Terra. A sigh seemed to come to his mouth as he looked to Kahlan.

"...you cannot be serious, you mean to tell me at any time this man could become as God and rule everything in the universe? How in our wildest dreams could we ever hope to stop someone like him?"

Argus's expression seemed to dim from then on. He looked at Thomas and brushed a hand on his shoulder. "You two could be our only hope, I am sorry to bring you to such a place. But you have no idea how long me and my fellow Wizards have searched for the solution. If we didn't have the faith that you might find a solution we never would have involved you. However you musn't worry about when Dargrham Ness gains power. The truth of the matter is, until he completes the puzzel the gateway will not open for him. And even to make one move toward it, requires a steep price.. One that requires the young gifted magicians scattered in hidding around Terra. It will require him the lives of more then ten thousand wizards and sorcerers. In that respect we have warned the people to take the magically inbued people and hide. But often times Dargrham Ness has found them. We must first get into the Tower of Alricanak. But to do that, we must require the remnants of the Eclipse key."

Mysteria
12-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Argus confirmed what Kahlan had felt inside and she watched in amazement as Thomas unsheathed the sword. It was beautiful and mystical. Thomas held it like he had been accustomed to holding it all of his life. His hands moved over it as he felt the power that he now held then carefully he placed it back in the sheath as if he had suddenly thought he had held it too long. Kahlan looked at Thomas studying his face for any indication of what was going through his mind but was interrupted as Argus handed her a bow. Kahlan listened as Argus finished with his explanation before speaking again.

"You're right I will admit that first off the reason me and Mira brought you here. Is because our world is in danger of magic that even stronger then your combined strengths. You two could be our only hope, I am sorry to bring you to such a place. But you have no idea how long me and my fellow Wizards have searched for the solution. If we didn't have the faith that you might find a solution we never would have involved you. However you musn't worry about when Dargrham Ness gains power. The truth of the matter is, until he completes the puzzel the gateway will not open for him. And even to make one move toward it, requires a steep price.. One that requires the young gifted magicians scattered in hidding around Terra. It will require him the lives of more then ten thousand wizards and sorcerers. In that respect we have warned the people to take the magically inbued people and hide. But often times Dargrham Ness has found them. We must first get into the Tower of Alricanak. But to do that, we must require the remnants of the Eclipse key."

Kahlan looked into Thomas' emerald eyes. His gaze comforted her and in it she felt a strength within herself begin to grow. Kahlan cocked her head and looked at Argus with a quizzical expression up0n her face. "If this magic is more powerful than our combined strengths then how are we, two teenagers from Earth supposed to conquer this danger?" Kahlan held the bow in her hand. It seemed surprisingly familiar to her. She had held bows before but never had she felt a bow feel so balanced in her hands before. This bow felt balanced to a perfection that seemed to indicate that it had been designed just for her.

She looked at Thomas with an uncertain glance before again speaking to Argus. "I'm not that practiced with a bow and I'm not even sure I could hit anything with it. Is this to be my weapon? It feels strangely comfortable to me yet I have barely ever shot a bow before. Is this somehow tied to my magic? Will these people be there to help us or are we to do this on our own? And the remnants of this key that you speak of, what is this Eclipse key, what is it's significance and how are we to find it?"

Kahlan ran her fingers lightly over the bow as she waited for more answers from Argus her mind focused on his answers and her eyes focused on Thomas. Maybe she was wrong, but she couldn't help but feel that it was Thomas who was the key to all of this and not herself.

Shin.Aether
12-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Argus watched the both of them with a mild mannered look, to Kahlan's question he seemed to think. After a minute of careful considerations, Argus spoke to them in a knowledgeable tone.

"The Eclipse Key fragments are the only way to pierce through a malevolent barrier surrounding the Tower of Alricanak. By itself the barrier travels as high as the tower itself straight into the sky. Once we leave the Frozen Wilds, here. We will have to go find the five fragments from the shattered Eclipse Key. The only magically imbued item capable of allowing passage into the Tower itself. The other method is going through a labrynth of tunnels beneath the tower. And facing the hordes of the underworlds, something we three should avoid. Although I have located some of the hidding places for the fragments. I cannot find the location for the last one, we will have to look for clues as to it's hidding place."

Thomas looked over to Argus and Kahlan, he smiled at her. "Kahlan I did take archery, but if you feel the magic and know it is yours. Surely there isn't any harm in using it?"

Argus seemed to stand up and move toward his cupboard as he rolled out a map. Indicating where they were in location to where they needed to stop. The map itself seemed brittle and worn throughout the ages.

"I do believe we should move out tonight, I'll have my tent so we shouldn't have a problem with the oncoming blizzard tonight. However we will make our way Southeast to the village of Edgeland. When we get there, I must warn you, you will see things in that village that will anger you. You musn't fight the system there, believe me we musn't let ourselves be discovered. However with your clothing we might have a problem with that. But I don't forsee any reason why I can't alter some of mine and Mira's clothing; to fit you."

Argus seemed to be pulling everything out of the cabinet and putting into a kashmere pouch that seemed to never grow. It had an ancient rune upon it that made Thomas realize something.

"Is that a magic pouch? I've watched you empty almost everything out of your cupboard into it, how did you get that?"

Argus realized that these two were a little more then eager to understand magic. Albeit maybe it was just Thomas's way of showing he was a blossoming Wizard already. Kahlan seemed a little reluctant, though bold in her assessments of magic already. That maybe she acknowledged that already Magic was acknowledgeable.

"Heh, this is a birthday present made by an old Artifactmancer. A talent by itself that has nearly gone extinct. Those fellows created not only useful wizard tools. But magic weaponry that was nearly perfect by itself. I can put anything I want into this, and it will never overflow. Sadly though this art is lost to the new generations. We have yet to find one juniour Artifactmancer capable of this level of power."

Thomas seemed enamoured with the sophistication of this tool. He seemed to think that perhaps someday there would be one to know this art. But at the same time knew this was not something he needed to be concerned with. For some reason that made sense to him, as he looked to Kahlan to see what she felt about it.

Argus finished his packing and looked to them with a smile, "I have everything ready, the sooner you put on those wolf mantle cloaks. The faster we can be on our way, good folks."

Mysteria
12-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Kahlan listened quietly to Argus speaking of the Tower of Alricanak and came quickly to realize that the journey ahead of them was not going to be an easy one.

"Kahlan I did take archery, but if you feel the magic and know it is yours. Surely there isn't any harm in using it?"

Kahlan smiled back at Thomas. "I've used a bow before while on vacation visiting my cousins. Their bows felt different than this one does. This one is centered..balanced almost as if it were hand made just for me. I don't know that I'd call it magic but I feel somehow it is meant for me. "

Argus seemed to eager to begin their journey and in many ways Kahlan could understand his eagerness. Had it been her world that was at stake she would want to begin right away too. Argus and his beloved had paid the ultimate price to try to save their world. Argus had been more than kind to Thomas and herself even if they had been wisped away from their own world with no choice. Regardless of that fact Kahlan knew in her heart that she and Thomas were destined for this the same that she had always felt they had been destined to some day finally admit their feelings for each other. The bench was more than just their secret hideaway. It is what had ultimately drawn them together. It was what had brought them here.

Kahlan watched as Argus began filling his bag. She was astonished. How strong the magic must be in this place! She began to wonder what secrets would be revealed to both her and Thomas in this strange new world.

Argus handed them each a cloak. Kahlan put hers on. Although it was warm it didn't feel heavy. Securing the bow and quiver to her back Kahlan looked to Argus who seemed to be smiling then she looked to Thomas. She could tell he felt the same excitement as she did when she looked into his emerald orbs. It was as though she saw straight through them and was peering into his soul. Kahlan felt a sudden calm sweep over her. She knew that she would be safe with him. She felt that together they could accomplish great things and that this was only the beginning of a journey that they had yet to travel.

It was a journey that she would gladly make with Thomas. She would happily walk that path with him in the hopes that they could save this world and by doing so be able to return to their own home. No matter what happened even after they returned home Kahlan knew deep in her heart that she would become a better person for having made the journey.

With a nod of her head to Argus and a look of renewed confidence to Thomas Kahlan spoke. "I am ready to embark upon the journey that awaits us all."

Shin.Aether
12-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Thomas fit the wolf skin mantle over his shoulders. Enough to hide the baldric of the Questbrand, to where no one would nottice it being there. Of course he wasn't exactly sure if people carried swords normally here. He looked over to Argus with a blank expression questioning him about the sword.

"From your expression you seem to be worried about carrying the sword about all willy nilly."

Argus smiled looking over to him, while standing at the door. Thomas noded at him confirming as such.

"No worries, just don't let anyone see it, swords have been outlawed to civilians. And the Trifalghuran Order has taken control of the central territories. I'd be careful about letting people see it. Kahlan on the other hand will be fine with the bow, as they have yet to outlaw those yet."

Thomas followed Argus out with Kahlan beside him as they all began to tread. Argus kept the lead poking the snow with his staff. The further down they descended the mountain the darker it got. As they made there way through the canopy of the forrest. Thomas looked over toward Kahlan with question on his mind.

"I guess in some way, you have acknowledged that you two have been blessed with Magic, Kahlan?"

Argus plod away listening to them, or keeping track of the trail they were on. Small animal tracks seemed to lead through an opening in the pine oaks that litter the landscape for who knows how far. They treked onward for hours it seemed until the twilight of the evening seemed to come. Argus stopped and looked toward the sky seeing some upper level clouds.

"Drat, seems like we only caught a break from the winter storms. And now there's another one on our path. We'll be dragged down by it, might add a full days journey just to get off the Jadar Cliff."

Thomas looked over to Argus and the light of the day. He seemed to want to push on despite the danger of the sun going down.

"I know I am going to regret this, but we'll have to push on. That tent will be our only place of repose when the sun goes down."

Argus shook his head afterward and signified his reasoning for doing so.
"No Thomas, even as we speak the night draws closer, If we don't stop here, we'll be caught in snow, and worst off. We'll be the main course for the No'ai Wolves. Furious, huge and dangerous wolves that don't hunt with sight. But with noise and smelling, highly intelligent pack creatures. Besides, my tent is special and will repel them."

Argus set down his pack as the night was begining to draw near. He flipped out a tarp that was ornamented with a strange rune he'd never seen. The fact of the matter was, he could feel magic eminating from it. Seeing Argus tap his Staff too it three times while whispering in a tongue he didn't know. Argus was syphoning some power into it that seemed the magic activate. All of a sudden with a flash of power a tent appeared in front of them.

The fact that it happened so fast left Thomas awestruck almost. He looked over to Kahlan with a surprised expression then back to Argus.

"Pretty nifty design when you can just tap it and it makes itself. Seems I have a lot to learn about Magic, old friend."

Argus laughed and opened the flap to the tent "If you thought that was something, wait until you come inside."

Argus went in as Thomas looked to Kahlan with a smile.

"Ladies first."

When they entered into the tent itself they would be enamoured with the sight of a cabin within the size of a tent. The dimmensions of the tent and the dimmensions of the inner cabin seemed far fetched. If not impropable to relative physics. Inside was a sturdy oak table, a fire pit with coals that let off some much needed warmth. Four beds on the outside of the dinning center. A handy table for their needs, a wash basin, and a steel tub with water inside. Along with a couple of treasure chests, drawers, and glass cabinet. A full white kashmere carpet adorned the floor.

Thomas's expression changed dramatically as his jaw had dropped to the floor. He was absolutely awestruct by such a simple tent being this magnificient in design. He had no idea how magic could be able to create this kind of majesty before he and Kahlan. But it began to make him into a firm believer of that which he felt growing inside of him.

"...I want one."

Thomas said in almost a pitiful tone of voice seeming to have been made a child out of this majestic tool in Argus's possesion.

Argus looked to them with a sincere smile, he looked over to Thomas carefully. "I guess that means someday I'll have to ask my brother the Enchanter to make you one. He really surprised me when he created this. I thought for years this art had been lost to the ancients."

Thomas looked over to Kahlan with a smile seeing that sleeping would be no problem. It almost brough a tear of happiness to his eyes, just to realize how great it was.

"I do agree, it is one of the best tools I've owned in my life. But no more then the gift one has when his friends are with him. In one way, I've managed to accept you both as my new friends. So fret not, what's mine is yours, you need only ask and I would give it to you both."

All in all, it was another spectacle into the wonders of the Magic of Terra.

Mysteria
12-24-2009, 04:25 PM
The small group exited the cabin and with Argus in the lead Thomas and Kahlan followed behind. The spoke little as they traveled. They continued making their way through the snow until it was drawing dark. Although Thomas had wanted to push on Argus felt it best not to move foward citing the dangers that would await them in the dark. Kahlan was eager to get wherever it was that they were going but agreed with Argus that it would be better for them to remain where they were for the evening.

When Argus pulled his tent out of his magic bag and waved his hands over it to produce a huge tent. Kahlan was astonished. What kind of magic was this!

"Ladies first."

Stepping inside Kahlans eyes were met with the vision of all of the comforts plus some that would be required to more than accommodate them for the night. Kahlan couldn't help but laugh when she heard Thomas say

"...I want one."

Kahlan nodded her head and said "I want one too!" This land known as Terra was quickly proving itself to be a place filled with magic and wonderful things and yet Kahlan knew that even though it was as such, it would not remain the same. Removing her coat Kahlan laid it across the bed as her eyes fell to Thomas' face once more. She had to keep her focus not only for Terras sake but also for Thomas'.

Shin.Aether
12-28-2009, 10:07 PM
It had been a bit of a wonderous night in the enchanted tent that Argus owned. They had a wonderful nights sleep in the small amount of time the Night of Terra had come and gone about the same amount of time it took on Earth. They all had woken up the next morning with somber moods about the good nights sleep. After they ate some leftover Leafer Meat. They traveled the rest of the day until twilight, until they came to a distant hill overlooking a village. All around children were being lead by rope through the village road. Men in armor led them surrounding the children in the tight formation of the armed men. Many of the ones in the front had horses with six hooves. Thomas was surprised, in part this reminded him of Norse Mythology, of Lord Odin's legendary Horses.

Stepping over to Argus, Thomas stood in front of Kahlan and whispered a question.

"Why are children being led out of this village tied like slaves?"

There were about a dozen children or so, eight boys and four girls. They all had sour expressions about them. Many broke out in tears screaming their parents names in vain. It left a pit of emptiness inside of Thomas, he didn't understand why the children were being punished.

"...Suffice to say Thomas, Kahlan. That the children have been judged of the first law of the Trifalghuran Order. Any child caught reading, is to be put to death. The extent of which may not even be true for some of them. As many fearing there child maybe next, lie to save their own. In order to condemn another child for the quota instituted by Emperor Ness."

Thomas's eyes burst wide open from the statement given by Argus. His hand touched the sleek hand of the Questbrand. As righteous anger seemed to consume him at once. It was then that he could feel a rhythmic beat inside his head that began to set in a slowly growing headache. For now Thomas shoved the pain away. He eyed the children wishing he could do more. He wanted to free them, but where could they hide them?

"...Argus please tell me you can think of something.You aren't going to just let them die are you? These children do not deserve to die, they should be free to do wish with their lives. Why is it punnishable to kill children who wish to read?"

Argus seemed to have pushed a mantle of apathy on himself as his eyes followed the childrens movements. But Thomas's words seemed to diminish that nihility on the surface he seemed to carry. Looking over to Kahlan and Thomas he quietly spoke the answer to the question.

"As much as I am compelled to help them out of this, we don't have a place to take them where they would be safe. And second the childrens crime is reading and imagining. That is where the fundamental block of magic is formed. A child who is brushed with the fires of creative design. The Emperor fears that such magical people as the Lord and Lady Walker could arise in children. But the fact is, that your power comes from the farthest reaches of magic of our world. They would never know the power of your dual talents."

Argus seemed to be in a kind of mind to where he sized up the enemies numbers, and remember the terrain of the area. He was concentraiting on how to reverse the situation.

Mysteria
12-29-2009, 01:37 AM
The days journey had left Kahlan tired and she had fallen asleep early and slept soundly throughout the night. Having awoken refreshed she was ready to meet anything that new day was bound to bring her way. After their breakfast in the morning they had traveled for some time before finally arriving in front of a small village where Kahlans eyes were met by the marching of children in single file. When she heard the children crying out for their parents Kahlan immediately began to feel sick wanting to sink to her knees and weep. She didn't understand what was happening or why. Why would anyone treat children so unkindly?

Kahlan heard Thomas' whispered question to Argus and when Argus began to tell them what was going on Kahlans face turned ashen as the knot in her stomach twisted tighter. She felt as though blood were suddenly rushing to her head as the drumming began. Shaking her head hard she tried to push the feeling to the back of her mind and ignore it.
Her eyes darted from Argus to Thomas as she whispered "Is there nothing we can do? There has to be some way that we can help these children." Kahlan could feel the anger rising within herself and had to remind herself to remain calm.

With a deep breath she swallowed hard in an effort to control her trembling voice. "What kind of man does such things to children? What kind of man denies children their God give rights? What kind of man can be such a beast?" Kahlans voice had risen above a slight whisper and Thomas looked at her with those calm emerald orbs which reminded her that she herself must remain calm. Kahlan fell silent as she watched the children marching along the pounding in her head becoming more severe.

"As much as I am compelled to help them out of this, we don't have a place to take them where they would be safe. And second the childrens crime is reading and imagining. That is where the fundamental block of magic is formed. A child who is brushed with the fires of creative design. The Emperor fears that such magical people as the Lord and Lady Walker could arise in children. But the fact is, that your power comes from the farthest reaches of magic of our world. They would never know the power of your dual talents."

Kahlan couldn't believe her ears! While she knew that Argus was probably correct she had a very hard time aaccepting that nothing could be done to help. A tear trickled from her eye as she sunk to the ground in disbelief.

Shin.Aether
12-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Argus watched, even he showed signs of forlorn exasperation. Idily he shifted looking towards Thomas, and Kahlan, his hand tightened the shaft of his staff as he had come to a conclusion.

"If were to do this, we cannot let those soldiers escape. They must be killed utterly for surely if word got out. We would be wanted for acts of aggression to the likes of the Order. The second thing is, we have to find their parents and usher them to escape Edge Village. Their only place to find santuary will be to go back to my Cabin in the Frozen Wilds."

Thomas nodded to Argus, his hand still gripped the handle of the Questbrand. The righteous anger seemed to be satisfied of the Wizards plan for now. Thomas looked to Kahlan taking out the crimson dagger that he'd taken from Mira's body. Handing it over to her, handle first his expression became serious.

"I think I see your plan, we will track them to their final destination and surround them. Kahlan, you can use your bow to distract them, and make them think that the villagers have taken up arms against them. While me and Argus take advantage of the situation and cut them all down. If any find your location while you are killing them, I may not be able to protect you. The dagger will be your only hope, keep them guessing your location."

Argus nod to the plan, he seemed to have come to a powerful conclusion. Fighting for freedom was the most logical course of action, if not for the childrens. Then for every life that inhabitted Terra. They quickly made off a long dusty trail, the cold from the frozen wilds still fresh even here. The woods provided excellent stealth to them. As Argus went ahead and moved to flank them, as Thomas did flanking them opposite. Kahlan would be in the middle, or all around them depending on how adept she was to confusing her location.

The soldiers all seemed to move slowly, men with greasy hair and leather armor surrounded the children. Many pulled on the rope to pull them forward, some of the children were dragged by the force of the mens arms. Until they eventually came to a pit filled with skeletal remains. With some bodies in the graves eroding at the limbs that looked long dead. And were swarmed with corpse flies.

"Get on your knee's filthy rats!"

A soldier called out, obviously he was an officer. The children obeyed and got on their knee's before the men. Swords and pikes were all taken out, and pointed for the backs of the children. Some of the boys and girls held their tears, while others feared for the end of their lives.

Thomas watched as the situation was about to head straight to hell.

Mysteria
12-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Kahlan looked first to Argus then to Thomas as she felt a lump forming in her throat. This was far beyond anything she would have ever expected herself to have been called upon to do back on Earth but she wasn't on Earth anymore. This was Terra. Things were different here and from what Argus had already explained to her and from what she was seeing with her own eyes the negative factors seemed to be outweighing the positive.

The sight of seeing children bound and forced to the pit below coupled with the look of anger in Thomas' eyes was enough to fill her with a renewed sense of determination. Kahlan took the dagger from Thomas nodding her head that she understood completely. She fashioned into her belt to hold it securely so that her hands would be free to use the bow when the time came.

When she heard one of the soldiers say the words "Get on your knee's filthy rats!" she knew she had to act. The children began to kneel as she watched swords being raised high. It was time. She would not allow one child to be harmed if she could help it. Making certain that she was hidden well enough that the soldiers wouldn't see her she pulled an arrow from the quiver and in one swift movement placed it on the bow. Pulling the string back she took aim and released it. The arrow swooshed through the air and found it's target as all hell broke loose below her giving her just enough time to run to a new location as the soldiers were momentarily stunned. Her hand reached behind her neck and sought out another arrow. Within seconds the sound of another swoosh was heard whizzing through the air as it found her mark.

Kahlan had been correct when she said the bow had felt like it had been designed perfectly just for her. She took off running again to change her location. She could sense that Thomas and Argus were making their move even as her feet hit the snow beneath her.

Shin.Aether
12-31-2009, 08:37 PM
As Argus, stood atop a nearby knoll, he lifted his staff toward the Soldiers and closed his eyes. Feeling energy pool and manifest into something spectacular. An orb of red flame and crimson lightning coursed through the sphere. As he launched them with the tip of the Staff the volley blasted at a nearby soldier. As Argus quickly gripped the ball of crimson in his mind. He bent the lightning outward. Over the heads of the children. In a cascade that electricuted them turning there attention to their now disintegrated comrade.

When all of a sudden the cloaked swordsmen with the Questbrand came charging. Thomas could all of a sudden feel the magic in him, his righteous anger grew, as he was filled with rage of old spirits course through him. A withering battle cry erupted from his mouth. As the magic of the sword guided his hand. With a swift uppercut that sliced the rope of the children. As it moved swiftly upward cutting a man in half below the shoulder.

"Run for your lives!"

The children half afraid of Thomas began to get up and spill between the soldiers as volts of power from Argus began to spill toward the soldiers. Veiling them in the most primal of fears, against magic itself. But they couldn't escape with Thomas charging in a fury that was unlike him. With the sword guiding his movements, he leapt and sliced the soldiers at the legs, the arms, and heads. Leaving the three dismembered and screaming in the pain they had for their tyranny.

Argus slamned a crimson sphere into the back of another fleeing soldier. And then cascaded the volt of energy into another oncoming soldier charging. While the commander of the group grabbed a small girl and held his short sword against her throat. Eyeing Thomas with a hated look unbelieving that he and his men were defeated so easily by a mere teenager with a sword.

"CALL OFF YOUR ARCHER NOW, YOU BASTARDS! OR THE GIRLS LIFE IS FORFEIT!!"

Thomas giving him an eagle eyed stare that seemed to compress all his anger at one in particular. The sword slowly began to spiral with energy for an infinitesmal second in time. The Questbrand was filled with unearthly control from many generations of wizards before Thomas and Kahlan's time. Lifting the tip of the sword with a quick arc aiming at the commanders head. Thomas shot an incredibly fast moving spark of white energy. That spun like a two dimmensional disk at the commanders neck.

Surprised he lifted his sword from the girls neck to deflect it foolishly. And with that all of a sudden the sword and neck of the commander were sheared off at the same time. In which blood spewed on the little girls neck, Thomas holding a massive amount of energy inside of him at once. Sheathed the Questbringer in it's scabbard. At last he could feel repose from the anger inducing power of the swords magical bond. As he did this he could feel a headache coming on from after he used the weapon.

"Dear lord, I have a headache..how did I do that Argus?"

Feeling the head compress with pain, Thomas fell to his knee's. With laboured breaths he was trying to stop the headache. Argus began charging over to him knowing something about what was happening.

Mysteria
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Kahlan's having distracted the soldiers momentarily had worked long enough to give Thomas and Argus the opening that they needed to attack the soldiers. It had all happened so quickly that she had already begun to knock her next arrow but found that she hadn't need to release. Thomas and Argus within a matter of minutes had dealt with all of the soldiers as Kahlan watched as watch she could only describe as spheres and bolts of energy being shot from Argus's staff and Thomas' sword cut through the soldiers leaving none standing.

Kahlan saw Thomas falling to his knees and for a moment was afraid that he had been hurt but when she saw Argus going to his aid relief washed over her and her second thought was for the children who were now huddled at the edge of the woods where she had been just moments ago running and ducking as arrows had flown from her bow. The children were frightened and crying. Kahlan's heart was so saddened at seeing the children so filled with fear and she approached them only after slung her bow onto her back. With cautious footsteps she approached them with tear stung eyes her hands outstretched and her voice speaking softly as a mother would to a young frightened child. Argus had understood their language and Kahlan was hoping the children too would understand the English language.

She approached carefully and when she saw the children backing up she stood completely still and bent down taking a knee to the ground while keeping her hand outstretched as she began to speak. "Come children you are safe now. We are not here to hurt you we are here to take you back to your parents." The children still cowered not moving but Kahlan was relentless in her wish to comfort them. Kahlan opened her arms to them motioning with her hands for them to come forward. "Please let us help you return to your Mothers and Fathers. We want to help."

The children began to look at one another and although they still were suspicious of her their tears began to subside and one of the smallest children gradually took a few steps towards her while Kahlan continued speaking in soft tones urging the little girl forward until finally she was standing directly in front of Kahlan. Kahlan didn't move for fear of frightening the girl off she simply kept trying to convince her by her tones and actions.

"It's okay, I am not going to hurt you." Kahlan's tears had stopped but her face was still wet with her tears. The small child walked up to her and curiously touched her face. Kahlan smiled at her and wrapped the child in a hug to let her know that she was safe. One by one the other children came forth Kahlan hugging each as they did so. Only after Kahlan was certain that the children were comfortable with her and trusting of her she allowed herself to stand back up and took the girls hand and asked all of the children to join hands at which time Kahlan led them back towards Argus and Thomas.

Upon reaching them Kahlan could tell that Thomas was still in pain. Releasing the childrens hands she knelt beside Thomas wrapping her arms around him as her eyes pleaded with him to let her know that he was ok even as she spoke the words her voice ringing out softly so as not to cause him anymore pain. Barely above a whisper she could be heard asking of him "Thomas, are you all right?"

Shin.Aether
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Thomas was in an ear splitting headache that seemed to want to kill him. He was at a loss for control when Kahlan touched him. A bolt of power came between her hand and Thomas's head. His body burned with the energy that was overwhelming his physical body. Argus raced forward in a heated rush as instantly as the bolt of energy between Kahlan and Thomas.

"Did you touch him with your power??"

Looking down at Thomas he closed his eyes caught into a magical trance that blurred his eyes with powerful prescission. Eventually making the eyes turn white in a spectacular sight of power. As Argus's hands touched the temples of Thomas's head. Argus's tone erupted all of a sudden as the magic took hold of his voice.

"TOUCH THE LIGHT THOMAS!! LET IT EMBRACE YOU WITH THE JUSTICE!!"

Thomas groaned with majestic power throughout his experience. His body was overheating all of a sudden along with a pillar of luminescient power began to take hold of the three of them. The children all astonished backed away slowly but kept behind Kahlan the whole time.

Slowly as Thomas was relieving his headache a headache within Kahlan began to grow heavily upon her. It was then that Thomas had a grip, with each blood curdeling growl. The pain slowly left him as his body levitate a few inches off the ground.

It was a divine sight to see as light encompassed the body of Thomas. His eyes opened as the pain was taken carefully to bear. As his mind began to put itself together; he looked to Kahlan. His hands touched her temples; as he slowly moved closer to her he smiled whispering to her.

His teaching began to make her lose sight as he moved his hands over her eyes, to close them tight. "Let the light embrace you. Put it together, put the pieces together with your love. Let it guide the fragments into place. Let it shelter you in kind. Put the pieces together and let the light heal your pain from within."

It was like he had grown ready to contruct his gift, Argus was still in the trance. As he seemingly dispelled it finnally, as Thomas was caught in the trance of putting together Kahlan's magical aura.

"The pieces come together now, because your love has swayed them together. Never forget the wisdom love shares, guides, and protects us from harm."

Thomas smiled at her as the pillar of light suddenly came down around them. The children remained behidn Kahlan as Thomas sat up and smiled at them. He waved them forward slowly as he looked at each of them. They were shocked and had such cute natural innocense and curiousity. That Thomas was sorry he had to scare them like that, when now he began to feel something growing inside of him. A light that also lay into the soul of Kahlan, something that could help them accomplish the quest. To give the mercy and bounty of those who live on Terra.

Mysteria
01-06-2010, 03:04 AM
Kahlan watched in horror as Thomas held his head in pain. Her having touched him seemed to have made his pain worsen. When Argus approached her asking if she touched him with her power she didn’t know how to answer him. Power? What was Argus talking about. Kahlan stammered I... just...I touched him.

As Thomas appeared to be getting better Kahlan felt an intense pain in her head that filled her with sudden fear. When Thomas touched her and she heard his whispers she saw nothing but him and began to feel nothing but the beauty of their love. Kahlan was aware that Argus and the children were still there but yet it was as though Thomas was the only one in her presence.

Then it happened. Thomas smiled that smile at her. It was that smile that she had known before when he had loved her their first night together. Kahlan felt an immediate sense of calm overtaking her as a beautiful glowing light surrounded them. Something was happening inside of Kahlan. Something had happened between her and Thomas.

Kahlan watched as the wide eyed children approached. She reached her hands towards them once more, bidding them to come closer as she looked first to Argus then to Thomas.

“We have to get them to safety. Quickly.

Shin.Aether
01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Thomas nodded and stood up slowly, wiping the Questbrand down on the grass. He looked over to the children and steadied himself. The pit of dead things was most nauseating to him. He looked over to Argus with a thoughtful glance from him to the pit. He walked over to the children smiling out of compassion for them as he knealt in front of them.

"Hi there, my name is Thomas, and she is Kahlan were travellers from the north. Could you lead us back to you village on the trails?"

The children all noded and a little brunette haired girl, smiled up at him taking his hand. A similiar looking brown haired boy did the same to Kahlan. These children were clothed in dirty rags, that barely cover their bodies. Each bit of cloth seemed to have been mended from other foreign threads. In an effort to keep the clothing from becoming to cold.

The children themselves smelled no better whatever happened to these children it was horrific. As they kept the children walking Thomas could hear Argus burning the bodies with tongues of crimson flame behind them. The children didn't seem to hear it as he shot Kahlan a knowing glance.

"I know we didn't sign up for this, but we have to get these children to a safe place, hmm.. I notticed that near Argus's house there was a cave structure. Maybe we could move the village back north.."

Looking down to the little girl who hadn't given her name but seemed to trust him.

"Little one, do you have a name?"

Her amber eyes looked up to him as he walked with her lead. She pointed over to the boy who appeared to be her twin brother.

"I am Elliana, and he's my twin brother Triss."

"We aren't from here, we were marched from the city of Remorra, in the Corcian valley, they knew we had the magic, but weren't able to call on it as strongly as ...mom and dad."

Thomas's face frowned at the story, it seemed the Order wanted to kill the young mages and take the older wizards for something else.

"Elliana where are your parents?"

"...mommy was taken to the tents, and daddy was put in the collar tail. Grandma died trying to save us.."

His hand touched the shoulder of Elliana he seemed disheartened to find out the girl and her brother maybe all they will have. What was it that made them come so close to them in the first place. After much trailing through the woods and underbrush they all came to a small downgrade leading around a lofty hill near the side of Edge Village.

Thomas looked over to Kahlan and pondered aloud to her. His deep eyes looked over to the rest of the children they all seemed quiet and subdued.

"Triss, why so quiet?"

"...They burned my brothers voice out with boiling water..and made me watch because he mouthed off to a guard...I wish mommy was here, she'd know what to do.."

Thomas looked behind them as Argus began to walk toward them. A forlorn look on his face spelled his growing frustrations with the Trifalghuran Order.

Mysteria
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
"I know we didn't sign up for this, but we have to get these children to a safe place, hmm.. I notticed that near Argus's house there was a cave structure. Maybe we could move the village back north.."

“Your right Thomas” Kahlan replied. “I feel the first thing we should do is get the children to safety and proceed from there.” Thomas asked Triss why he was so quiet and his response brought tears to Kahlans eyes.

"...They burned my brothers voice out with boiling water..and made me watch because he mouthed off to a guard...I wish mommy was here, she'd know what to do.."

Triss held Kahlans hand and she could feel him quivering when he spoke. Kahlan smiled a compassionate smile at Triss letting him know that he was safe now as she leaned down and hugged him. “ It’s okay now Triss. We are going to keep you and all of the children safe.” Triss didn’t reply but nodded quietly clinging to her for just a few seconds more.

As the small group made their way Kahlan walked in silence being sure to hold onto Triss’s hand and comfort him. Her thoughts wandered as she walked. She looked to Argus and Thomas. What had just transpired was amazing. She walked between Argus and Thomas with Triss. Kahlan looked to Argus saying “What happened back there is horrific. We can’t allow these things to continue happening.” Kahlan looked to Thomas and then back to Argus continuing to speak “The magic here is strong, I see that now but Argus…” Kahlans voice trailed off momentarily before she pressed on “When Thomas and I combine our forces…I mean, it seems our that our love for one another makes our magic even stronger.”

Kahlan looked at Thomas smiling as she remembered their first night in this new world, and the love that they had shared. Never had she felt safer in her entire life. Even now in the face of danger she felt that as long as she was with Thomas she would be safe, that they would all be safe. Kahlan fell silent wishing that she could once again feel the warmth of Thomas holding her.

As they marched on Kahlan made a vow to herself. No matter what happened or what obstacle they faced nothing would take Thomas from her. Even if they were to somehow get separated here in this new world she would find him. It had taken all of those years for them to admit their love for each other. She wouldn’t lose him now. Kahlan finally looked up and over at Thomas. She could feel the tears trying to push out from behind her eyelids. She smiled at him softly feigning bravery while inside she was hoping that he realized just how very much she loved him.

Shin.Aether
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Triss looked up at her, and had a detatched smile on his face. Like somehow he'd come to the understanding she would never hurt him. Almost the way a child looks up to a mother. Thomas looked down to Elliana and began to watch her lead them back up the hillside as the other children were all so quiet. But in each of them from what Thomas could gather. Was that there was a certain level of acceptance in them, for them both.

The order had marked these children as dead and were ready to end their lives without so much as a court to address the accusations. It was ultimately barbaric that these people could be so cold as to destroy their own future. Argus arrived a short distance and followed them up. Listening to Kahlan's words made him nod "I swear as well, that as long as I am able to no more blood of children will drop as long as we're here."

Argus nodded and looked over to Kahlan, "You feel something burning inside of you. Whenever you think of your love for Thomas, don't you Kahlan?" Argus could readily tell that Thomas and Kahlan's love was great. Almost as great as he and Mira's had once been. But it felt at the same time he was neglecting to explain why. Like he wanted Kahlan to be able to come to the conclusion of it for herself.

When she conceded her answer, it made Argus decide that she must know. His hands curled slightly as he seemed to be debating how to tell her the truth of truth's. All the while Thomas led the way quietly as they cleared the forrest. The village was just an earshot away and the day wasn't far from twilight.

"Kahlan, what I am about to tell you must remain with you and Thomas. If other ears heard of this, we could not help them. And the information by itself would not benefit our journey to save Terra. The children of the village ran toward it as the adults seemed to run and take them in their arms. Argus waved at the villagers as he pulled Thomas and Kahlan aside. All the while Thomas kept a watchful gaze over Triss and Elliana, while keeping an ear.

"The reason why you burn with magic, is because your love for Thomas is that of the rarest love of all. Unconditional surrender to him makes your love into the most fearsome weapons on Terra. Centuries ago, we never knew what this power was. Only that when one discovered the truth of love, with the unconditional surrender to it. Did we find out that this magic was the most powerful of all. But now that I have seen it in you, you must know the truth of your magic. Remember this, your love in itself can be applied toward three seperate goals. The first is that your love for Thomas, could destroy almost any living creature on this planet. The second, is that with your love, you could heal any wound, or sickness with it. And the third part is the least witnessed aspect. Is that the love itself can bond to the right person. And make that person burn with the might of a god. Though the last part hasn't been seen in many centuries. We know it to be apart of the myth that is the Lovelace. It pains me to have to tell you this, but Mira herself was a descendent Lovelace and the last of her kind...When I had to kill her, it tore apart some of the power I had from me. But it was the only way we could have summoned you to save Terra. It pains me to inform you, but you are the Mother Lovelace. The last of your kind, I cannot tell you how your power works. I can only aid you in part, you must discover how your magic works by yourself unforetunatly."

Thomas was taken back how Argus explained the meaning of Kahlans power. Althout it was shocking to find out, for some reason he found it to be about right. It didn't diminish his love for her in the least, but for some reason there was almost an enigmatic feeling. When he associated Kahlan being the Mother Lovelace. Thomas looked over to Argus and then to Kahlan, "I am curious you've never told me how I draw my magic. Yet I was able to make the Questbrand produce a shockwave of energy. Does that mean my magic comes from the Questbrand itself?"

Argus nodded to him and then went to explain to him what he was. "I never told you how your magic worked, because I half expected you to discover it on your own. But you are right Thomas, you had to discover your magic came partially from the Sword in order to begin your training. I could not tell you how it worked, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need. And if you hadn't felt the need, you would've expected it. In of itself the sword had to touch blood in order to make the magic return in full force. What you are, is a battle wizard the likes of which no longer roams Terra. To be honest I never knew about your kind. Until Mira herself taught me the legends surrounding the Mother Lovelace, and Lord Questbrand. Since both of your magics haven't been seen for quite some time. In time you will discover more magic, that doesn't nescessarily eminate from your sword Thomas."

He looked to the both of them as the explanations had ended, and they were ready to depart. He looked to them both and nodded, coming to a decission on his own. As he handed his pack over to Thomas, nodding to them both he kindly explained.

"Take the backpack and supplies, the enchanted tent is inside. I want you both to get ahead of me. And go to the central valley, find the library of Sages. You must find the first piece of the eclipse key, while I move these people out of here. Take Triss and Elliana with you, they can lead you for now in exchange for your protections."

At the same time Argus handed Thomas a bag of gold. As he nodded and walked to the village gathering all of them to be taken. The sun would set soon as Thomas looked over to Kahlan and the two children.

"We should be off."

Mysteria
01-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Kahlan listened to every word that Argus had said to her and to Thomas regarding their powers and what they meant.

"The reason why you burn with magic, is because your love for Thomas is that of the rarest love of all. Unconditional surrender to him makes your love into the most fearsome weapons on Terra. Centuries ago, we never knew what this power was. Only that when one discovered the truth of love, with the unconditional surrender to it. Did we find out that this magic was the most powerful of all. But now that I have seen it in you, you must know the truth of your magic. Remember this, your love in itself can be applied toward three seperate goals. The first is that your love for Thomas, could destroy almost any living creature on this planet. The second, is that with your love, you could heal any wound, or sickness with it. And the third part is the least witnessed aspect. Is that the love itself can bond to the right person. And make that person burn with the might of a god. Though the last part hasn't been seen in many centuries. We know it to be apart of the myth that is the Lovelace. It pains me to have to tell you this, but Mira herself was a descendent Lovelace and the last of her kind...When I had to kill her, it tore apart some of the power I had from me. But it was the only way we could have summoned you to save Terra. It pains me to inform you, but you are the Mother Lovelace. The last of your kind, I cannot tell you how your power works. I can only aid you in part, you must discover how your magic works by yourself unforetunatly."

If she had ever thought some of the knowledge they were taught at school was a lot comprehend, it was nothing compared to everything she now had to digest. Understanding it wasn’t actually that hard but acknowledging it and accepting it seemed like a huge task and responsibility to her but she knew that she must. For the children’s sake and for Terra’s sake.

The next thing Kahlan heard after Argus had finished telling them about their powers was "Take the backpack and supplies, the enchanted tent is inside. I want you both to get ahead of me. And go to the central valley, find the library of Sages. You must find the first piece of the eclipse key, while I move these people out of here. Take Triss and Elliana with you, they can lead you for now in exchange for your protections."

He meant for them to split up and go on their own. At first Kahlan thought to protest but stifled herself. She and Thomas had to find their own way in this world. What if something were to happen to Argus and he wasn’t available to help them. No it was better for them both to learn how to be able to endure this strange new world together if need be. Kahlan looked at Thomas. He was a natural born leader and she would be content with that. They had been walking quietly for awhile and Kahlan could tell the children were getting tired. Resting her hand on Thomas’ shoulder lightly she whispered to him “Thomas maybe we should stop for the night now. The children need rest and I…” Kahlans voice trailed off. She didn’t finish the statement because deep in her heart she knew that she didn’t have to. Thomas already knew that she needed him.

Shin.Aether
01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Thomas knew Kahlan was tired, in a way he was as well. Having fought the guards and feeling the magic burn in his mind. He smiled, a tired smile at her lovely eyes, setting down the pack. The forrest had a few meager pines, but the huge oaks were the sight of the forrest. These massive things could hide an entire army.

"I am worried about setting up the tent, given these oaks could hide an entire army. And well, the other thing is even though I've used my power. How I did it was kind of ...wierd, the power came on its own. I might need your help. Otherwise the enchanted tent won't work."

Thomas cleared away some twigs from the canopy. An ant about the size of his thumb nearly bit him. When all of a sudden Triss stabbed it with a jagged stick. The ants guts spewed out of it, and melted the thin layer of moss underneath it. Thomas looked to Triss and smiled down at him, Elliana looked up at Thomas and Kahlan and explained.

"That was a Firis Ant, they squirt the acid from their mouths to digest your blood. We have to be careful and salt the area."

Thomas smiled at Eliana and said his thanks to them both. Just as he took out a block of salt and began to spread it in a circle. In and around the base of the tent. Afterwards he knealt down and placed his hands on the box. Slowly he waited for Kahlan to do so. Holding her hands over and under her, he captured the light in the darkness once more. Folding it over and feeling it bend to the will of his fingertips. Until he eventually shared the image with Kahlan. Until eventually they felt the energy pass through there fingertips.

Opening his eyes Thomas smiled at Kahlan when they made the tent appear. Just how Argus has done it exactly, feeling a little bold. He looked at Kahlan with a grin.

"I guess I am on the hunt for water tonight hm?"

He looked down at Elliana and Triss, he opened the door to the enchanted cabin within. Smiles adorned there faces, they looked to discover clothes. That looked perfectly stitched. There were clothes of every style in this room this time.

Mysteria
01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Kahlan could tell that Thomas was tired just as well when he looked into her eyes and smiled weakly. His weariness was evident to her and it worried her somewhat. He had been so busy being strong that she knew it had to be wearing on him. But she also knew that Thomas was a strong person and that as long as they stuck it out together, they would be fine.

After Thomas had spread the salt down that Eliana had told them they needed to do Kahlan helped Thomas with the tent. She really had no clue how they were supposed to make it work but figured if their love was what was guiding there magic then surely something as simple as putting a tent up shouldn't be too hard, magical or not.

After having finally got the tent up Thomas grinned at her. It had been the first time that she had seen that cute grin since they had arrived on Terra and it did her heart a world of good to see it and also served to reaffirm the notion she held that they would be fine.

"I guess I am on the hunt for water tonight hm?"

Kahlan was sort of surprised at the words as she had assumed there would be water inside of the tent because it appeared to have had everything that needed in it when Argus had put it up. The truth was she really couldn't remember. Nodding at Thomas she simply said "I thought we might find water inside of the tent but maybe I am wrong. I am tired and assuredly probably not thinking straight. Perhaps you should find water."

Kahlan followed the children inside and smiled as delighted squeals filled the air upon seeing the clothing that awaited them. Since the cabin had sectioned of rooms inside she bid the children to pick whatever they wanted and go change as she took a seat and waited to see them coming back into view in their new wardrobes. Even though Triss couldn't speak Kahlan could tell by his smile how happy he was. It was good that they had clothes now that would help to keep them warm and that they would no longer have to wear the torn and tattered rags that they had found them in.

Kahlan leaned back into the chair she was sitting on and yawned. She hadn't realized how far they had walked that day and could feel the tiredness settling in but when the children came running back out in their new outfits the sudden rush of enjoyment as she hugged them both seemed to revive her. Kahlan smiled at Thomas and was certain it was the first real smile she had smiled in a long time.

Shin.Aether
01-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Thomas had smiled, all in all he peered over to a chamber pot built into a fireplace. Touching it, he considered using some energy. Closing his eyes he filtered some energy through the pot, and inexplicably it began to fill with a bit of water for good measure. He knew that Argus had managed to make water from this thing. Somehow he figured by touching the water droplet rune at the top of the pot would make a difference.

Looking over to Kahlan, he watched Triss and Elliana, in new clothes. Smilling at the two of them he set some of the wood on fire. With some flint and steel until eventually a small flame came alive. Triss wearing a simple green robe, black trousers, and black boots. Elliana in a distinct purple dress that lie snuggly made of a certain kashmere material. Along with a pink cloak that shined as the campfire doused the cabin with light.

"Maybe we ought to blend in with the locals a little bit. Maybe you could find yourself something. While I make some stew hm?"

Looking over to Kahlan, Thomas began to unload his pack, drawing out some dry meats, carrots, onions, and potatoes. He began cutting them with a regular carving knife on a counter. Until he added them to the cooking cauldron to be made into dinner. He was sure that Kahlan, Triss, and Elliana were starving. The children looked like they'd hadn't been fed for a week. It sent chills down into the core of Thomas, as he couldn't begin to understand what those two had been through. They both seemed withdrawn from the world. He watched Kahlan going through a number of dresses. When he found some of Argus's robes. Until he looked back at the pot as he began to stir the contents together.

His biggest fear was what he would do if Kahlan was ever captured. He couldn't begin to feel safe knowing that she could be captured by the Order. Inside he promissed himself if it ever came to that. He'd sacrifice everything to make sure she wouldn't fall into the hands of the Order.

"Dinner is almost ready, how goes the selection?"

He continued keeping his eyes to the pot, as he could idily peer at Kahlan. As she clothed herself behind a nearby drape, her silouhette was as flawless as that of a Goddess.

Mysteria
01-26-2010, 10:23 PM
The children looked so happy in their new clothes and when Thomas suggested to her that she find something to blend in with the local, she began browsing through the rack. While Thomas busied himself with fixing them something to eat Kahlan picked out a long green dress. Stepping behind the drape divider Kahlan took off her sweater and black jeans and pulled the dress down over her lithe form. It was form fitting and the top was cut just low enough to show off her assets but not to much to look out of place in this strange new world. She could feel Thomas's eyes upon her and unlike before, she did not blush. Thomas had seen her naked now, he had known her and she was no longer afraid. Taking her time she dressed slowly, deliberately as Thomas watched through the drape. Once it was pulled over her head she ran her fingers through her long hair to comb it out so that it fell loosely over her shoulders.

When Kahlan had dressed she stepped from behind the drape and went to stand beside Thomas. From the look that Thomas gave her she was certain that he approved of her choice. Stepping close to him she allowed her hand to glide over his back for a moment as she breathed deeply the aroma of the stew he was making. "Mmm something smells good. I will go get a table ready for us."

Kahlan set some wooden bowls on the table along with some spoons that she had found in a small cupboard and had the children come and sit themselves at the table while Thomas brought the stew over and filled each bowl. "Thank you Thomas, this looks delicious." Kahlan smiled at him. He was turning out to be quite the provider.

The group ate and as they did so everyone was fairly quiet. The children were too fixated on the food as they ate like they hadn't eaten in years. Kahlan felt sorry for them. She couldn't imagine not having ever had enough to eat and it again brought the realization home to her that Terra was a totally different world. After they had all eaten Kahlan cleared the table and cleaned the dishes with some water that Thomas had heated on the stove.

Kahlan herself was beginning to feel a bit tired and figured the children must be very tired too. Although Kahlan doubted how much she would actually sleep she knew they all needed to try to get rest, if not sleep. Ushering the children to one side of the tent in a sectioned off room she tucked them both in and smiling at them said "You are safe here with Thomas and I. Try to get some sleep now." Kissing them both on the forehead in a motherly fashion Kahlan bid them goodnight.

Moving back to where Thomas sat Kahlan wrapped her arms around him and kissed his neck lightly. "Thomas I'm tired. When you are ready you should try to get some rest too." Kahlan went to the other bed and behind the drape removed her clothing and folding it neatly laid it at the foot of the bed before crawling under the covers. Kahlan lie awake listening to the sounds of the children breathing until she could tell they were in a deep slumber but she herself did not yet fall asleep as she waited to feel Thomas' warmth laying beside her.

Shin.Aether
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
The night was an eventful one, it seemed like he had taken far to long to appreciate Kahlan. The night itself was serene and filled him with a sense of warmth. Almost like Terra itself could in some way play on emotions of her inhabitants. A smile graced Thomas's ivory face under the sheen of moonlight.

Thomas quietly walked into the bedroom with a grin. One that left little to the imagination to desires of his heart. He layed down a curious white and silver robing on a nearby chair. It had seemed that Thomas found some of Argus's leftover clothing.

"I have to say I will thank Argus for the things he's left us. But could it be that you feel the same thing I do on this night? It's as though the planet itself is amplifying the warmth I have for you in my heart."

Albeit the room in the cabin was small there was little light to hide the sillouhette of his nude body. Thomas shut the door to the room behind him. He moved to the bed as he creapt beside her underneath the sheets. Those soft eyes burned into her iris, and it felt like the whole world broke apart for him, besides herself.

With a heated breath that fell longingly before their lips met. A tango of the two tongues endured in silent repetitions that were overwhelmingly wanted. Only the passions of the two would endure and grow, as the repetitions sped up faster, and faster. Thomas's hands would cup her soft face as he would brush strings of her lovely hair.

His chest would beat and press into her feminine curves. It wouldn't be long until the two would burn. And their bodies would cool them with sweat, as Thomas probed her every curve and surface with a touch that pressed on, though it were lighter then air. Thomas acted as though his mind and her minds were as one at that second, her needs, were his commands.

The tender hearted touching, coupled with the ever occuring touch. Broke into a passionate embrace of both hearts and souls. That burned through the night until all would become stilled.

Mysteria
04-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Kahlan smiled as she watched Thomas entering the room. The day had been long and both children were finally asleep. It seemed like it had take forever for Thomas to finally come to bed. His smile was soft and warm. It had been some time since she had seen that smile.

"I have to say I will thank Argus for the things he's left us. But could it be that you feel the same thing I do on this night? It's as though the planet itself is amplifying the warmth I have for you in my heart."

Khalan smiled at him, her eyes reflecting the answer that she need not say. When he crawled into bed beside her nude she wrapped her arms around him staring deeply into his eyes. Laying her hand across his heart she said "I feel this, beating strong and true Thomas." Their lips met and her tongue slipped into his mouth, caressing his softly between her sighs. She remembered the first night they had spent together and how he had led her gently into womanhood. She remembered how she had never wanted it to end.

She worried that now that he'd had her would he still want her in that same way. Her questions were soon answered as she found herself lost in his tender embrace, his fingers sweeping the hair from her face as they wound themselves around one another.

Through a heated sigh Kahlan found that she could only whisper "Thomas, I need you" as she pulled him to her.

Shin.Aether
04-16-2010, 08:03 PM
There was a tender hearted look in his eyes as he smiled, his fingers touched her defined face. As his eyes softly shone onto the surface of her iris's.

"That is partly true, but I think that the real truth to it is that you've always felt isolated without me around. Maybe because all of the people in our lives have always wanted to equate your being as that of a submissive girl. I believe that you always needed me because I never would let you think that abut yourself. And I would never want you to be that girl, no matter how many men made you feel like garbage."

His hands softly brushed away loose strands of her thick hair. His words were soft, despite the implications they stood for. Thomas always had a way of saying what he felt to Kahlan and making sure not to step over an invisible line. To those who knew him, Thomas was always an enriching personality. Who always gave a depth of strength to those who were his friends.

"But I wouldn't believe half the things I had to say unless you stayed with me. I might've lost track of my enriching of other peoples lives. I would have lost that gift years ago, so from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you Kahlan."

His mouth softly graced her lips as his hands curled into her shapely form. The night was fresh and Thomas's touches were invitting her to a long drawn out tango with the stars of Terra.

Mysteria
04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Kahlan stared into Thomas's eyes as the moonlight of Terra dance and played around and within their tent. Thomas at times had a way of saying things that would seem hurtful to others but that was only because they didn't know him in the way that she did. With her he was honest and the one thing that Kahlan had always appreciated others for, no matter how brutal their honesty might at times, was if they were honest or not.

Thomas saw Kahlan for what she was. Not a submissive girl who lent way to the whims of others but he saw her for what she truly was. A quiet young woman who held her feelings close to the vest and only shared of herself with those whom she chose. It was true that there had been those in her life who would have used her for her beauty and her body had she allowed them too but instead she had tested them and they had all failed, leaving her feeling hurt and empty.

All had failed but one. Thomas. He was the one who had consistently been there for her, who had accepted her for what and who she was. He was the one who was content to wait for her to give herself to him and now that she had done that she wanted nothing more than to give herself to him again under the curtain of darkness here in Terra.

Kahlan whispered to Thomas as he held her "Never my love will you need thank me. I am yours.' And with that, Khalan pulled him to her, kissing his lips softly as her hands moved gently over his skin tracing his strong muscular chest with her fingertips lightly sending small jolts of pleasure through him. Each sigh that escaped from her into his mouth as she kissed him, slowly curling her tongue around his left him with no uncertainty as to what her desires for him held. She was accepting his invitation to dance.

Shin.Aether
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
There bodies waxed and waned throughout the night, as each erupted in feverish passion for the other. Thomas felt a enormously strong bond for Kahlan. One that seemed to make time stop on end for the both of them. They never once relented in their kisses or tightly wound movements made only to satisfy the other.

This would likely be one of the last nights they would have to cuddle the other. However they still had an enormously important journey ahead of them that would continue on until the end. The morning light came up revealing a few lowlying clouds in the sky as a brisk cold northern wind blew over. They had miles of dense forrest to trek across. Thomas awoke innertwined with Kahlan his hands rested softly over her curves. With his left leg hooked over her torso.

Softly his voice came to her ear along with a hint of a smile.
"I have to say I enjoy having your wrapped around me." His hands brushed up the soft flesh of her skin as he moved his fingers through her beautifal hair. Tender hands curled around the base of her scalp as he didn't seem to want to move from this spot. In some ways they were going to be entering new frontiers from this point on. With no sight or sound of what danger they may encounter. Or if one or the other could be pulled away.

Mysteria
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Through out the night their fingertips blazed trails of desire over each others flesh engraving the memory of that night into their souls. Kiss after kiss, touch after touch that left them quaking as one, driving them beyond their wildest desires in sensual throes of ecstasy until they lied tangled together, sated in the after glow of their love making. They both had fallen asleep content to share the night fully as they both knew that it may be sometime again until that chance presented itself once more.

When the first stray lights of Terra filtered into their tent Kahlan found herself being awakened by Thomas's gentle touch and tender voice. "I have to say I enjoy having your wrapped around me." Thomas's smile had always been the one thing that could make Kahlan stop dead in her tracks no matter what she had been doing and she would often become lost in that smile, a smile so soft that Kahlan swore it was reserved just for her and that no one else on Earth had ever seen it but her. Kahlan smiled softly as she remembered literally having frozen on the stairs at school one day when he had passed her and her best friend had almost knocked her down the steps because she hadn't realized that Kahlan had come to an abrupt stop in front of her due to staring at Thomas. She'd been chided for it "Kahlan honestly, you could have any boy in school you wanted but yet you turn them all down just so you can see Thomas smile from time to time. Hmmph. I just don't see why you go to all of this trouble!" Kahlan hadn't been able to explain it to her friend that day. It was something that she had just known, felt even and now here she was laying in Thomas' arms, feeling his kiss, staring into his eyes.

Oh how his eyes melted her when he looked at her that way. When she felt his fingers wrap around the back of her head she could barely even speak the words "And I enjoy being wrapped around you too but even more" before Thomas knew what hit him Kahlan had rolled over on top of him, straddling his hips as her eyes shimmered in the morning light with a glint of mischievousness as she continued "I enjoy" she leaned down and pecked his lips lighty "being right here" she said, kissing his neck "even more" Kahlan ended the sentence by leaning down and settling her lips upon his in a long, sensual but tender kiss. Her tongue curled around his before exploring every inch of his mouth as she sat there on top of him. Her naked skin shimmered in the morning sunlight as glimmers of dawn danced across her breasts as she stared down into Thomas' eyes. With a soft smile on her face she looked down at Thomas slightly smirking "I guess we must get up now though, must we not?" Leaning down her tongue grazed his ear, her firm breasts pressing against his bare chest as she whispered "I mean after all, we can't keep the children waiting any longer, can we?"

Shin.Aether
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Being a teenager had its advantages, especially when you needn't worry about having to go home. He often wondered what their families had thought of them since they had been gone. But all that evaporated as Kahlan had spoken, hearing that lighter then air voice erased everything. Like no power on Terra held any grain of salt, of that when Kahlan's voice uttered.

"You always did have a way of making me forget things when you spoke. I've always admired that voice of yours, I hope you never forget how lovely it is."

There was a full hearted smile in his expression, the serenity of his words unbounded rang into her ears. As his eyes took her in not as an attractive young women, but as a loved an cherished girl that could do no wrong. As long as he was with her Thomas would never feel abandoned, hurt, or unloved. Though he never need say those three special words. That was what his heart truly felt deep down into the core of his being. His hands reached out and enveloped her into a protective embrace. As his mouth spoke in volumes through his kiss.

After a little tenderness between them, he acknowledged they still had much walking to do. After a minute to gather supplies, and clothe. Thomas came out of the room clothed into the tunnic blue tunnic, and black trousers he picked from Argus's wardrobe. Strapping the baldric and sheath of the Questbrand to his waist. He exited the tent, to see Ellianna and Triss both ready, with Kahlan nearby. Turning toward the crowd he smiled at them and turned. Allowing a little of the magic to flow into the tent he shrank it to pack it away. After doing so, he looked towards them and nodded, "Shall we be on our way then?" He acknowledged to them all, Ellianna nodded and spoke to the three of them. "The city of Akareth is a day and a half of walking south through the forrests. We should be there by dawn."

Thomas nodded taking the lead besides Kahlan in front of the two children. As they continued with their ongoing journey.

Mysteria
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Kahlan laid in Thomas's arms enjoying what she knew may well be the last few moments of tenderness that they had a chance to share.

"You always did have a way of making me forget things when you spoke. I've always admired that voice of yours, I hope you never forget how lovely it is."

Kahlan smiled at Thomas, saying nothing just enjoying the feeling of her naked skin against his. Finally though it was time to get dressed and she dressed quickly. Although she had been intimate with Thomas she still felt modest standing in front of him naked for too long. Leaving him to finish dressing she went out into the tent to find that the children were already up. "Good morning Elliana and Triss." Kahlan smiled at them both. They looked like they had rested well and Kahlan was glad for that since they had a long journey ahead of them.

Kahlan stood to the side while Thomas used his magic to fold the tent up and put it back in the bag that Argus had given them. Within moments they were on their way, Kahlan walking quietly beside Thomas while the children followed. Khalan adjusted the bow on her back. She wanted to be able to reach it quickly should the need arise.

Shin.Aether
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Thomas, Kahlan, Ellianna, and Triss had traveled for weeks while keeping themselves well hidden. Especially when they came across roads that had been used recently. It was a prudent measure Thomas decided, he kept the Questbrand tucked beneath the wolf-hide cloak that Argus had lent he and Kahlan. Looking behind himself over Ellianna and Triss, he shot Kahlan a smile. Watching her keep their backs safe, they had made their way out of the forrests of the northern reaches. They were now climbing up a steep hill. Thomas led them up the side of a less vertical slope to ascend up the hill that seemed more like a mountain.

"When we get back home, remind me not to laugh at nature walkers. I feel like I've lost any fat I might've had and turned it into muscle."

With the way Kahlan and Thomas had journeyed. Whenever they got back home on Earth. They were likely to look like the most trim looking couple back home. Thomas himself had started to look stronger then he'd ever been. His muscles and arms looked sturdier then all the exercise he had on Earth. Kahlan herself through Thomas's eyes had developed a strong frame. With legs that often made Thomas look twice. He doubt whether or not he'd fit his clothes back home.

"I know it's none of my buisness, but do you...still fit up there?"

Ellianna and Triss shared a confused look between siblings. Turning his head Thomas felt a flush of red inhabit his cheeks. Though in all seriousness, he wondered what became of their friend Argus. He had no idea he was fairing since that incident with the village. Watching the sky, the sunset of Terra sure was different then Earth, he never got borred with looking up in wonder. The four of them cleared the hill only to discover, they hadn't climed a hill. They had just climbed a mountain on the easiest slope up it. Thomas's eyes looked over the horrizon, to their west. Another forrest as far as the eye could see. To the south plains that looked strewn of gold. To the east of them sat the ruins of a castle. Beyond that endless wastelan with no end in site.

The castle sat in ruins not far from where they were. Though down the moutains sat an endless wasteland; that threatened to devour everything.

"...Wow."

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Ragnaroek79/Ragnaroek%20Art/K800_solitude.jpg

Looking over to Ellianna he smiled, she might know this area. Thomas knealed in front of her lowering his satchel. He spoke quietly to her, like perhaps she might be able to help.

"Ellianna, do you know much about what's around here?"

The little girl smiled, almost boisterous that she could be helpful. The beamed speaking like she knew the world.

"Of course! To the east is the shifting sands of the Kingdom of Ryaer. To the west is the endless forrests of the Brama Tribe. To the south you'll find the central lands that gave rise to the city of Akareth. That castle, is the ruins of great Kingdom of Gloridei. Though we don't know how or why it turned out that way. Some speak tales of Demons razing the castle, and those who protected it."

Thomas looked over to those ruins, though they were a little late getting to it. He silently mourned for those who gave their lives to protect that place. He looked over to Ellianna with a smile, Triss seemed withdrawn looking to it.
Thomas wished he'd picked up sign language back home, to talk to him. He looked over to Kahlan giving her that shared concern. Looking over to Ellianna he gave her a sweet look.

"Ellianna, I do believe I am in your debt. Don't let me forget okay?"

The little girl seemed pleased with that she smiled happily and nodded.

"I definatly won't."

Standing up Thomas walked over to Kahlan, as she looked toward the ruins. Standing behind Triss, his fingers slowly laced over hers. As his eyes were drawn to the wonderous sky of Terra. For now, they could enjoy that precious silence between them. The sun would slowly set, then give way to the shortly.

Mysteria
10-30-2010, 09:07 PM
It seemed to Kahlan that they had been walking for hours before having reached what appeared to be the top of the mountain that they'd just climbed. Surprisingly enough, Kahlan wasn't tired. Their having walked since their journey had begun was keeping her physically fit. She was taken by surprise at Thomas' words "I know it's none of my buisness, but do you...still fit up there?" Even more than her suprise at his question was her slight smile when the children made him blush. He was so cute when he blushed but as Kahlan had come to find out during these past few days, Thomas wasn't shy so a blush from him wasn't about to happen often. A soft smile graced her face as she remembered how he had taken her to places she had never been before, guiding her gently but firmly until finally her inhibitions had been replaced with confidence and she had come to not just see Thomas in a different light, she had also come to know him in a different way and to Kahlan, it had been a good thing. Kahlan laughed lightly as she first looked down at herself and then leaned up quietly so the children wouldn't hear and said "It seems that even the clothes are magical Thomas. I swear, I feel like I've grown but my garments seem to still fit, or at least so far they do." With a slight blush she whispered "I don't think anything is getting bigger, just firmer from all of this exercise we have been getting."

Kahlans eyes scanned the scene laid out in front of them. Wow, was right. What met her eyes was in her mind what must have once been a beautiful landscape that now appeared to be for lack of a better word....desolate. A wave of sadness washed over Kahlan as she wondered what happened here to lay waste to the lands in front of her. Even the castle looked in total ruins.

Kahlan watched Thomas as he spoke to Ellianna and again she couldn't help but smile softly as she saw him get down to her level and speak to her. He was good with the children. As Thomas spoke to the small girl Kahlan turned her attention to Triss. Her heart bled for Triss, he was such a quiet boy who had obviously been hurt deeply. Walking up behind him she said nothing as she laid her hand upon his shoulder and gazed back towards the setting sun. Even here in this wasteland the sinking sun was beautiful and as Thomas walked up beside her and took her hand, Kahlan couldn't have thought of a more beautiful moment to share with him.

The truth was that Kahlan trusted Thomas and believed now more than ever what she had always believed, that as long as Thomas was in her life she would be just fine. Wherever he led them, wherever their journey took them, it would all be okay as long as they were together. Kahlan only prayed that some day, they might find home again but in some ways she also knew that as long as they were here in Terra she would have Thomas to herself to some degree and for a fleeting moment she felt guilty because she knew that just like her family must be going crazy, so also must be Thomas's family.

Would they ever get out of Terra and if they did what would happen to the children? And furthermore, would they ever see Argus again? Kahlan hated to break the comfort of the moment shared between them but knew she had to. Turning to Thomas she spoke softly as she moved closer to him so as not to alarm the children with her words.

"Thomas maybe we should keep moving, if the stories about the castle are true do we dare stay here to possibly face demons, and with out the help of Argus's magic? I mean, I know we have our own magic but is it enough to protect the children?" Kahlan's words were not filled with fear but with genuine concern for the children. It was true that Kahlan had felt something inside of her changing every single day since they had arrived in Terra but she just didn't know if it was "magical powers" or not. One way or another, they needed to find a safe place to take their shelter for the coming night. Squeezing Thomas's hand in hers she added "We should find some place safe soon."