PDA

View Full Version : A New Chance At Life (Rated R for mature content) (mere and Tot)

Totenglaut
12-18-2009, 01:55 AM
The woman tapped her gavel. "Our Bounty Hunter has gotten out of hand I see. This meeting is to decide what we must do" She said. Her perfectly sculptured blue-white hair hugged her gaunt white features. She looked very much the part of judge. Her white robes fell gracefully about her thin body and nothing was out of place. Her piercing hazel eyes studied the rest who had gathered.

There were three of them counting she.

One a portly balding man with soft features that reminded most who made to Paradise of a beloved grandparent. His soft blue eyes had a fan of wrinkles coming out as if he smiled often. His brushy mustache looked soft as a kitten and he laugh lines on either side of his mouth.

And the second a tall, thin being that decided it's gender on whim. At the moment it was a male. It still had long straight dark hair pale skin and dark eyes. It always wore a dark cloak and was rather cliched but it enjoyed doing that.

"We can't be too hard on her" The fat grandfather said. "She is just stretching her wings. Emeria will come back"

The tall cliche blinked and transformed into a woman. "Perhaps. But what if she will not? She has human emotions now"

The blue-haired judge-like woman frowned. "We need to be tough. And decisive. We cannot afford to go too lightly and have her rebel once more. We should have never given her emotion" She frowned at the fat grandfather. Then looked to the cliche. "You agree do you not, Kemm?"

Kemm nodded absently. "However Hansel could be correct. We don't want to be too harsh on her. She is our creation."

"My point exactly. We must punish her as we would a beloved child" Hansel piped up once more. He lifted himself out of his seat and waddled to the middle of the white room. "Up until now she has been a perfect Bounty hunter has she not?"

"That is why we must get rid of her" The judge spoke up. Her harsh hazel eyes tough. "She will evade us too easily. We should start anew make one without emotions. She is replaceable"

"Ginger" Hansel spoke he looked sad. "You cannot replace what you love."

"That is good. Because I do not love her."

"It is settled then. We send down five of our best Bounty Hunters for both her and the Mistake" Kemm said.

---
Emeria laid across the couch her red hair trailing off the edge. How much time? She wondered almost desperately. The Heavenly Council would not stand for her disobedience. The only question was how much time before Ginger sent down an army she was likely to persuade both Hansel and Kemm that capitol punishment was the only way. Hansel would try his best but he would be over-ruled. She knew this because Hansel was always over-ruled.

She sat up and moved to the kitchen thinking about food. James would want some even if she herself would not be able to stomach breakfast. She was much too worried with when to eat. But she loved to cook especially breakfast it was such a calming human ritual.

She looked through the fridge and pulled out some eggs and pancake batter. Normally she would hum a tuneless song as she worked but now the only sounds were the frying of eggs, and the tap of utensil upon utensil. She set two plates filling them both then after a moment sank down to the ground. She hated worrying. Hated it.

Time was important now as it had never been earlier. Emeria turned her face down into her hands and just sat there ignoring breakfast as it got cold.

mere
12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
James flickered through the pages of his book, barley concentrating on it. He raised his hand to his head, sighing. He went through his past life again, picking out every detail, every moment of wrongness. He resented all of it, and hated to think about it, but it was hard not to. It would never leave him, but that life be damned. He had moved on from that, moved to much better things. The fact that he was a mistake though constantly haunted him, knowing he shouldn’t be where he is now, with Emeria. The odd thing was that he shouldn’t be with her at all right now. Emeria was supposed to be the one who fixed the “Mistake.”

He heard a fizzling sound and looked up, seeing Emeria cooking breakfast. He smiled, not just at the sound of getting to eat something, but also at her. James stood up as she fell to the ground, burying her face in her hands. He walked quietly over to her, kneeling down and placing his hand on her shoulder. He choked on what to say, not knowing what to say to her. But a thought came to mind. He needed to make her feel better, have her stay with him.

“Emeria, I know it’s hard right now, for both of us, but we’ve got to keep going.” He sighed, not exactly knowing what to do next. He didn’t know what to do at all about this, as he really couldn’t do anything at all. He felt horrible about this, just watching what happens. He breathed deeply, wrapping his arms around her. “We will be fine, I promise.” He held her tightly for another moment, staying beside her. “I will not let them get either of us.”

Totenglaut
12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Emeria laughed. It was a harsh sound but it was a laugh. "What are you going to do, James? I'm their Bounty Hunter" She sighed. "I hate the waiting" She mumbled. "I know exactly how the Council will react. Kemm will be middle of the road. Hansel will vote for another chance. And Ginger will just want to start over. Kemm will side with Hansel for a while but then will be swayed by Ginger. It's how it always goes."

She leaned against him hoping for comfort. He was so much more than Paradise's "Mistake". And it took human emotions to see that. However the Council was high and mighty, they looked at things in black and white. I guess I'm just learning to see the shades of gray. The waiting was terrible. But in a last chance effort. She pulled herself back.

"Breakfast is getting cold. We'd better eat" She said offering a strained smile. Then she stood reluctant to go as it had been rather comfortable down there. Her eyes ranged to the window expecting the blaze of light that usually meant heavenly forces were being sent. But the only light came from the sun and it was natural. Just as regular life went on with people waking up.

mere
12-19-2009, 03:55 AM
“Watch it; I know my way around these kind of things.” He snickered and stood up, taking his and Emeria’s plate and placing them on the table. He began eating, and then looked back up, seeing her stare outside. He realized she would not stop worrying, and he couldn’t blame her. “Your right, I cannot tell you that they won’t come today. But we can hope.” He studied her for a moment and went back to eating. He just wanted to focus on being where he was now, and not later. Funny, he thought. As she was constantly worrying and he tried to stay in the present. “Your getting better at cooking, seems like you enjoy it.”

He reached for the Television remote and hit the power button. The news came on, talking about another murder in the area. “That’s all that is on the news now. Murder, rape, kidnapping.” He kept it on though; he needed to check the weather. It appeared, showing that it would start raining soon. James looked back down at his plate, eating the remaining eggs. Better than he could ever make them, he thought. A thought of when he tried to cook before, it had ended in him lightly burning his hand and ruining some fine food.

He smiled again, “I was supposed to go out and referee for the school’s soccer game today, but it looks like we won’t have it today. Anything you wanted to do?”

Totenglaut
12-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Emeria looked back over at him. "It's very calming" She said in response to his question. She then took her seat to sample what she had made. When she had first started it had been terrible but she learned quickly. She looked over at the news and sighed sadly. "When he dies he'll get a chance to redeem himself. No matter what he did in life. And yet you can't be forgiven for taking your own life" She felt a slight headache coming on just as the weather was announced.

"I hadn't planned on doing much..." Whatever she was about to say trailed off. Emeria didn't clarify. She just dumped her plate oncce she finished. The eggs were tasteless to her.

Emeria turned the TV off just as the weather finished. She didn't want to see anything else. "We should go to that art museum. I've never been there" She said suddenly wanting out of the house. Hopefully it wouldn't storm to hard.