PDA

View Full Version : The Geography of Ashahiem

StormWolf
06-30-2011, 11:04 PM
We need to decide on how the world is laid out. I am set on at least one major continent and several island continents, but lets get some details and maybe we can make Ashahiem as massive as Westros or Middle-Earth!

Atrum Daemon
07-01-2011, 01:16 AM
In working on my race and nation, I've fleshed out one of the larger island continents. Would you like I should talk about it here or wait until I get the info on the race/nation up?

StormWolf
07-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Go in to detail in here. I am making a House currently, and will be fleshing out the north of the main continent.

Atrum Daemon
07-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Elysium, a land that shares jungle land and frozen wastes. The Elysians populate both areas, drawing strength from the various hardships presented by both climates. Elysium’s jungles and rainforests are veritable paradises of greenery and life. However, the trees have been known to move. The movement is slight, but it happens and every so often, new trails must be forged. The frozen areas are always in a state of winter and pulse with old power that keeps the climate cold.

StormWolf
07-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Niflheim is the north-most Realm on the main continent (name pending). During the summer, the temperatures reach little higher than fifty degrees. Mist clings to the rolling grassy hills like a lover. Summer rains are common, making mudslides and floods a common enemy to settlments based in valleys or at the foot of the fjords. Caervalock, the largest city in Niflheim and the site of The Fang - the Russik castle and seat of power. North of Caervalock is the Wall, which stands a hundred feet high and a hundred feet thick, spanning the width of the mainland. On top of the wall are four castles that serve as barracks and battlments.

North of the wall is the unforgiving, savage wasteland called the Frozen Wastes. Beyond the Wall, horrors and nightmares walk in the flesh. Demon worshipping barbarians, frost giants, dragons, cursed undead, and other creatures of the unlife. Beyond the wall is a perpetual winter.

When winter comes, Niflheim is covered in thick blankets of white snow. Blizzards are common and food becomes scarce. Those indemic to Niflheim are bred for the cold, but that does not make living in such a place any easier. Cities such as Caervalock are built on top of hot springs, letting the hot water flow inside the walls of the stone buildings to keep the people from freezing.

Forests of pine, redwood, and fir pepper Niflheim, glens of trees as far as the eye can see. These mighty and ancient forests are home to savage forest tribes as well as bears, elk, mammoth, snowcat, and the dreaded direwolf. It has also been said that non-humans of the elfin breed are seen in the woods, assaulting any who enter their territory.

Xanthuss
07-02-2011, 07:24 AM
I'd like to propose we could use this map I've drawn up, and colour-detail it as we go.

http://i52.tinypic.com/k36ou9.png

For example, I have began to colour my proposed realm on this second map, Athgarn.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v7z7g7.png

I'd be quite ready to try and colour everyones realms as we go.

StormWolf
07-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Let us wait on the cartography until we get a few more races and nations.

Xanthuss
07-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Mmmh, but you can see an example of my work, so I can draw another map for you if you wish, in the required appearance.

Awean8
07-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Múspellsheimr- a new interpretation of the norse realm of fire.

A vast nation consisting of only desert and wasteland. The extreme heat is almost unbearable and is a place where cold blooded creatures thrive and where warm bloods are mere prey. Múspellsheimr is home to many matriarchal nomadic tribes that have managed toflesh out an existence in the realm of fire. There are practically only two known civilized human settlements and are mostly cities that thrive on the coast.

This land is a breeding ground for both dragons and fire giants who are constantly at odds with each other. Savage worms, and giant scorpions are only two examples of many of the more non-sentient animal life.

It is said that many ruined civilizations lie buried beneath the torturous sands once belonging to a powerful race of lizard-folk who had become so attuned with arcane magic that they themselves attempted to ascend to god-hood. In retaliation the gods buried their beloved empire and cursed the land.

Xanthuss
07-18-2011, 12:23 PM
I decided to start work on a map, compiled from the infomation I managed to find on all the accepted nations so far, so here you are:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mzcw8k.png

Pink is Mímir, Orange is Múspellsheimr, Blue is Niflheim, Green is Asthlare, Tan is Elysium.
Any other nations that are created can have new continents or island chains added to fit themselves in, or they can fit in the empty part of the Main Continent.
Sorry If I didn't make your realm what you imagined it as, I was only working off the sketchy details in the submission forms.
If anyone wishes, I'll make up a blank template for people for people to make a terrain version with.