PDA

View Full Version : My first adventure(Idiots suvival guide to the Black Thorne)

SQJ
07-01-2011, 11:59 AM
The planet is not in peril!
No member of your family has been killed in a revenge worthy way. Those who died just died, life carried on.
You are not the chosen anything. If there was a soccer match and they were picking teams you would not be picked first, in fact you’re so average you wouldn't be picked last either.
You're from the far off lands of Inkani smack bang in the middle of nowhere. It’s too small to even be called a one horse town. One the map showing the Black Thorne Continent it is in the nation of Taung, one of the four nations that make up the whole Black Thorne.
No one has to worry about crime because everyone knows each other too well.
Life in Inkani is simple, easy.

There lies the problem. Life is too simple, too easy. Who wants to be a farmer or farmer’s brat forever? You may not be having adventures but out there in the Black Thorne Continent people are having all sorts of adventures. Cities are being raided and defended. Heroes are entering at the last moment to save the day, arguing just as many are arriving a moment too soon, but that’s not the point. People are doing exciting things that you only hear about at the farmer’s market.

Enough is enough, it’s time to see the world, become a hero! But is it that easy?

==
This is my attempt at a series of Role plays each one moving around a group of morons who try to take on the planet, and funny enough don’t die, even in a place where dying is really easy. The first chapter of this role play is set around the characters leaving the their shitty town and heading out, with no skills outside of farming skills and a bunch of change in their hands.
Rules:
Follow the main rules.
You’re a hick farmer so there’s no way you could beat a single experienced bandit let alone a bunch so make yourself as weak and pathetic and lucky as you want.
Don’t make yourself rich, a rich farmer is an oxymoron in this town (most places).

===
Character sheet:
Name:
Nickname:
Family history:
The money you have when we leave: (Can’t be any more than 20 Taung gold, a decent sword costs 45 gold, a bow that doesn’t hurt you more than the enemy costs about 30 jsut so you have an idea of how broke you actually are)
Family Occupation:
That one skill that makes you special: (I can’t be a super skill. I basically mean something really tiny that will reflect the type of character you will become as the story grows.)
Acquired weapons:
Acquired skills: (You may have a sword or a bow that doesn’t mean you know how to use it, you’d have to practice it in mid IC to get it.)

Kris
07-01-2011, 02:55 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

LatexRevolver
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
So...it wasn't stated in the Character sheet, but I'm assuming you want a description of our characters appearances too and their personalities?

Character sheet:

Name: Kati Wordsend

Nickname: Kat, Katty

Personality: Kati is very quiet and reserved, however she has a loud and powerful voice when she uses it. She's mostly looked over and thought about as the weakest link, so it's not like she's in the spotlight. She finds herself getting along with animals more than people, so she always has her Wolf Spirit at her side.

Appearance: Spirit and Kati (http://bigoakwolfsanctuary.org/images/photos/Spirit-5.jpg) What you can't see here is that Kati has blue eyes and is only 5'3'' in height, weighing about 110 pounds.

Family members: Bill Thacker (Father), Olive Thacker (Mother), Christopher Thacker (7 month old Brother)

Family history: Bill and Olive have always been the towns top Potato farmers. It was actually Bill's fathers farm until he passed away when Bill was just old enough to take over. They harvest almost year 'round, or at least they say they do, but they seem to always have enough to stock up for the winter in order to keep bringing in what little gold they can. However, potatoes aren't the most expensive food in the market, so it's not like they're anywhere near the top of the 'rich' list in accordance to farmers. In fact, potatoes cost so little that they're closer to the bottom all year 'round instead of hitting high in the fall and dead bottom in spring.
When Bill met Olive at around 20 years old, she was only 14, but that was okay. No one really paid much mind to their ages, so once they were married after 14 years of saving they would've been accepted anyway. During the 14 years, however, they didn't stick to marital sex, so the lack of being able to have a child afterwards they saw as punishment from God. They attempted to outwit him, and that brought Kati, selected from an orphanage.
She was 10 when they got her and very shy, silent, and wary of everything. The orphanage pretty much gave her to these two adults because they could get no responses out of her. When she was found she was about 4, she had been weathily dressed, but had no recollection of anything other than her name. She seemed to fear people, but loved animals, so when she found a small wolf puppy, they let her keep it. Now, 7 years later, her parents had a child and pretty much ignore her because she wasn't flesh and blood. Heck, they hadn't even given her their last name so who cares about them. She would be glad to get out of here with her wolf any time now.

Occupation: Barter/shopper; it's her job to go into town to pick up groceries and such and to haggle the prices.

The money you have when we leave: 15 gold

Family Occupation: Potato Farmers

That one skill that makes you special: Sneaky; She doesn't mean to be but she finds herself scaring people constantly because they never hear her approaching.(Hence the name 'Kat' or 'Katty')

Acquired weapons: Wolf; 3 years old = Still considered a puppy, Small Dagger; Found in Basement

Acquired skills: Obedient Animal = Good Hunter; She doesn't hunt, but she's lucky enough to have an animal who is a natural hunter. Sneak Attack and Theivery.

I hope the wolf portion is ok. That's actually a picture of me with a Wolf I work with and I'm very knowledgeable on the animals. I work with wolves every week, 50+ of them so I know different personalities and reactions they will and can have to other things.

SQJ
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Okay its my bad that I forgot the appearance but the personality I'd left out of purpose with the idea that we'd figure it out as we went along, but upon thought, we're all supposed to know each other and know each other well at that so I guess having both is a good thing. I'll edit it into the CS ASAP.

Very interesting character sheet there. It will be most interesting to find out why my character and your character are friends at all let alone be friends enough to leave home and explore the world together, along with the others of course.

She's 100% accepted on one condition, the dagger is rusted and mostly blunt, other than that she'd perfect. One more thing though the aqcuired skills blokck was supoosed to be blank. If she's going to be a thief, let her be a thief later on in the story when we're broke and stuff.

My character:

Name: Valentine Synclair

NickName: Val

Personality: Val is fulll of shit. He's all talk and flash. He loves showing off and putting himself as the leader of the tiny group of friends. Though in truth he's stuck inside of his head and frightened of more than he'd ever admit. His fears force himself to over react and over compensate for everything he does or says. Those who care for him, generally have a knack of seeing through his bullshit and hearing the honestly behind his words.

Appearance: He's tall, he looks tough even though he's not as broad as he'd like to be. He has dark skin and short curly black hair.

Family members: He has a father, had a mother and seven brothers. Fredricks(Fred), Angel, Johnny, Frank , Alvin, Kennith(Ken).

Family history:
Val's the second last born in his family. He's not the strongest in the family, or the fastest either. He's not the smartest in hsi family, he's not even the funny one. Becuase of it he was ignored most by his brothers. Something which made him become the most troublesome of the brothers.
His mother died suddenly of an unknown ailment. In modern times it would be known as a brain anurism but instead it was considered a curse and her body was burned instead of buried as is the culture of humans there.

Occupation: he's a runner. He moved heavy packages and messages from one point to another and gains moeny for it.

Family occupation: They're wheat farmers, the family cannot afford to hire anyone and uses the sons as their labour force.

That one skill that makes you special: He can drink like no other one in the world can drink. He has a very high tolerance for alcohol and it takes a while for him to be knocked out in a bar fight.(He unfortunately cannot fight)

The money you have when we leave: 18 gold

Acquired weapons: An axe with the steel end broken odd. Now its jst a thick, sooth wooden stick.

Acquired skills:

LatexRevolver
07-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Alright, I'll edit that. I pictured the dagger old and almost useless anyway, and the theif. I thought we were supposed to put what we assumed our character was going to end up as.

Ava
07-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Character sheet:
Name: Avalina Thomas
Nickname:Ava
Apperance: 5'9, very pale skin and brown eyes. On the smaller side, which helps with her hiding.
Family members: Mary Thomas (mother) Jack Thomas (father) Albert Thomas (grandfather) Jackie Thomas (older sister 18) Shelby Thomas (younger sister about 6)
Personality: Quiet and thoughtful Ava is always overlooked. She is not the best at things, or the worst. Doomed to be the middle child. She was never as talented as Jackie, not cute enough like Shelby. Ava spends her days in silence, waiting for the day when she can leave.
Family history: Mary and Jack met in school, the highschool sweethearts. Jack and his father owned a Corn farm, in which he still works. Albert, Jack's father, still lives with the family mourning the loss of his wife.
Mary and Jack quickly got married after highschool and after a few years had Jackie. A year later came Ava. Ava at 7 was left the house to clean, and has been ignored since. The only time she is not ignored is when "The Family" as she calls them, needs something. Then came the sweetheart Shelby. Now at the age of 17 Ava wishes for something better, something more than this life of not being noticed. She will leave at the first chance she gets.
The money you have when we leave: 12
Family Occupation: Corn Farmers
That one skill that makes you special: Ava has always been good at hiding. When "The Family" comes calling, and Ava isnt up to it, she would hide among the Corn Stalks.
Acquired weapons: An old rusted hand and a half sword that she steals from her grandfather apon leaving.
Acquired skills:

SQJ
07-02-2011, 09:58 PM
LOL at the semi sword and rusted hand.

She seems cool, welcome, I can tell I'm going to be the most brash and talkative of the group ^_^

I'm guessing our characters met at school or something. What other reason would our characters meet and become friends?

Ava
07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Hmmm....Some could know eachother at school, and others could meet on the road -panda-

Mordecai
07-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Hey, Pure, I've got a question. I know you said it's about a group of farmers, but you've always gotta have an odd one out, right? (This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but I've been playing Harvest Moon recently, and this is where the idea's coming from.) Would it be alright if my character was, say, the sheltered daughter of a wealthy mining man?

When I say wealthy and sheltered, she isn't going to be taking any of her daddy's money with her (for reasons that I have planned out in my head). Her father would be the rich one, she'd be the little brain child behind his success. I was thinking she'd know the women basics, like cooking, cleaning, and nerd stuff like number crunching.

In a nut shell, she would be the little rich girl who just wants to leave home, without any very practical skills. That's the idea that popped up into my head. I just wanted to get your opinion before I typed it out on a profile sheet.

SQJ
07-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Well that's a really tough one dudette becuase its a really small town. If your father was rich why would he, your family, be living in our shitty town? If you can figure that one out then I'll let you be the one...single...only....absolute only...exception and even then its becuase your my sis and I trust your writing style. XD One other thing. If you really left without taking anything special and expsive or money you can't go back to your parents and get cash. You have to be as cash strapped as the rest of us.

Mordecai
07-03-2011, 07:06 AM
If you really left without taking anything special and expsive or money you can't go back to your parents and get cash. You have to be as cash strapped as the rest of us.

But of course. That part, I actually thought about. As for the town question, let's say it has an ancient mine that's been abandoned for years until her father decided to visit town to check it out and... never left?

SQJ
07-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Mines generally = major jobs, the town would explode with activity. Mines create cities, you should see how it is in South Africa. In this one area when the holidays come, half the town leaves to visit the families they left back at thier respective homes. So if you say he stayed for centimental reasons and the mine is still a dead end then sure I can work with that.

Mordecai
07-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Hit me with the criticism, broheem.

Name:
Eleanor Gracen RegentNickname:
Elle, Ella, EllieAge:
16 years youngFamily members:
Mother: Mary Ella Regent (deceased)
Father: Jonathan C. Regent
Brother: Calen M. Regent Family history:
"Ellie Gracie" Regent, as she was called by the public, is the daughter of rich ore magnate, Jonathan Regent. Her mother died during childbirth, so Ella mainly raised herself; after all, a man who owns the monopoly on gems and jewels wouldn't have time to raise a kid. Her older brother, Calen, worked for his dad his entire life, risking his life mining while his father reined in the profit. The Regent family lived in a penthouse in the capitol of Taung: his workers lived in various areas around the nation, earning enough for a basic living while he basked in glory. After 16 years of living a life of luxury, Calen Regent ran away from home. As far as the public was concerned, the boy left to "study abroad" and see the world. After his son left, Jonathan Regent decided to pack up his things and leave. His destination was Inkani: the town in which he had been born. Jonathan Regent had enough money for a comfortable life in a big city; back in Inkani, that was more than enough to last until his death. Ella didn't like the town, in fact, she hated; so much that one day she decided to join a motley crew of kids who wanted to escape.

Personality:
Rich doesn't always equal stuck up. Ella's actually rather kindhearted. She doesn't enjoy talking down to people or hurting living things. In all actuality, she's rather squeamish when it would come to something such as hunting, or any dirty jobs like farming. At first, she's a rather quiet girl. It isn't out of shyness, but simply because she finds small talk boring. Once she warms up to someone, she can carry on regular conversations, but idle chit chat with strangers isn't something she entirely enjoys. Occasionally, she'll accidentally slip out a comment about her wealth, but because it's what she grew up with, not because she takes pleasure in the rest of the town's... misfortune. At heart, Ella's a child. She's prudish and, while she is completely heterosexual, she just doesn't see the appeal behind people and their sexual presence. Dirty talk makes her blush and even the word kiss causes the girl to stumble over her thoughts.
Looks:
Rough Sketch | (http://i52.tinypic.com/110vvqg.png)Ella's a girl with light skin and grey eyes. She has long dark hair, inherited from her mother, and sharp features that make her appear more mature than she actually is. She's 5'4'' and slightly smaller than she should be, not because she's malnourished, but because she doesn't really ever gain weight. Her arms are slim due to a life time of not having to work, but her legs are well toned thanks to a love for walking and taking in scenery.
Ella spent most of her days under her father's watchful eye: when he needed her, she crunched numbers and talked to the media. When he didn't need her, she liked to spend her time reading and observing scenery. Once they moved away from the capitol city, she mainly spent time with nature and a notebook, drawing while other kids socialized.
The money you have when we leave:
Double zeros, baby. 00 GFamily Occupation:
MiningThat one skill that makes you special:
As far as Ella knew, she didn't have any special skills. The most useful thing she knew how to do was cook and make her own clothing. The basic housewife things she'd mastered at a young age, but her job crunching numbers and planning public appearances didn't help her so much in the wild.
Acquired weapons:
When Ella left home, the only thing beside her basic necessities (clothes, a journal and pen) that she bothered to bring was a bow and a quiver of arrows with dulled heads and broken fletchings that once belonged to her brother.
Acquired skills:

Cooking.

SQJ
07-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Oh yeah the new thing is to add appearance and personality. I was actually planning on starting the RP on the morning that we run away. I'm iffy about the arrows but as you never actually wrote down that you could in anyway use them, I guess its cool.

I shall be starting the RP tommorow. I shall starting it on the day of us running away. Others who join in later can either be the late commer or other runawway from the city we meet along the way. This should be fun.

agian thanks mord for joining in. Extra awesome now!!

Mordecai
07-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Anything for you, bro. I'll edit when I come up with the stuff.

My first idea was to use an old pick axe (because, you know, mining) but someone had an axe and I wanted to be different. Haha. Do you want me to change the arrows to something or is it all chill since she's aim retarded? That wasn't in the description, but you know, they're all n00bs to life.

SQJ
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Actually my character simply has a thick log, the axe head felll off long ago. I'm glad you didn't use a pick axe, those things are effing heavy. I cna't picutre you using it.

The arrows are fine dudette. I like them. You can practice during the IC and get better over time. It actually works out nicely.

Mordecai
07-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Yay, haha. Alright, this is sweet c:

-waits eagerly to start-

SQJ
07-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Here it is! I gave a small post to give you guys a chance before I went crazy ^_^ (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=17186)

Mat
07-08-2011, 02:04 AM
This looks really cool. I was wondering if I could jump in and join before you really started to move things along. I think I could probably get a character sheet done quickly.

Mordecai
07-08-2011, 02:19 AM
This looks really cool. I was wondering if I could jump in and join before you really started to move things along. I think I could probably get a character sheet done quickly.

I'm pretty sure you could whip up a character sheet, since it isn't like we've gone anywhere yet. Pure's the GM, and he'd be the one to tell you whether or not your character's approved.

Mordecai
07-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Woah woah woah. We only have one guy? What's up with thaaat?

SQJ
07-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Woah woah woah. We only have one guy? What's up with thaaat?

Lawl Yeah that was a suprise to me too but it changes the dynamic for the entire RP, I wonder how it will play out.

Sure mat, join in.

Mordecai
07-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Heh. Well I'm sure interested to see how it does. Although another guy would be interesting <_< Hint hint to Mat.

Ava
07-09-2011, 05:19 AM
*laughs* lol yes another guy would be interesting.

infernai
07-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Someone call for another guy? I swear, you lot...always need me to bail you out of trouble don't you? xD I kid, I kid.

Character sheet:
Name: Sebastion Jones
Nickname: Silver-Tongue Jones
Appearance: Standing at 6' ft tall, Sebastion has a rather healthy complexion with light green eyes and brown hair. His hair is cut short mid-way down his neck, while his attire normally consists of a brown t-shirt and slacks with a pair of boots on his feet.
Personality: Sebastion is a calm, charming, greedy and flirtatious man who is prepared to bend the truth to almost absurd lengths to get what he wants. He has grown skilled in the arts of lying and speaking, normally using these skills to court women: Much like Mitch, there are more then a few angry fathers wanting this males head due to 'barn-yard tumbles' he's had with some of their daughters. He views the other male as something of a friendly rival and kindred spirit though, partly due to their misadventures. Finally, Sebastion is a quick thinker when he needs to be: He's no master manipulator or schemer, his plans just as likely to fail as succeed, but he can be relied to atleast think up SOMETHING workable if he has to.

However, Sebastion does have some morals he follows: While he is a womanizer, he doesn't go after anyone already in a relationship or married, thinking it to just be bad karma. He also dislikes resorting to violence, only doing so as a last resort, preferring to resolve his conflicts with words rather then fists. Part of it is due to his rather..lacking combat skills, but it's also due to his moral belief that blood shouldn't be unnecessarilly spilled and that all people deserve a chance of life. Still, if pressed into a fight he will, normally using underhanded tactics and 'dirty tricks', as well as some of the environment until he can get out of the situation, adopting a 'fight and flight' approach to battle. Finally, while he doesn't always show it, he is a loyal friend and won't abandon anybody when the chips are down or they really need him.

Also, while sebastion is a skilled liar and speaker, he isn't literate: He can speak common, Aelvaan (One language commonly used by traders, but most do know it too..even if it isn't the 'primary' trader language) as well as a little bit of Xhosa (But he isn't anywhere near as fluent as val, only knowing just the 'bare basics' as well as one or two insults and swears). But, if someone asks him to read...he'll be left stumped and normally need somebody to help him. In short, Sebastion is best suited to being the negotiator or primary speaker of any adventuring party.

Family members: Carver jones (Grandfather on mothers side), Loretta Jones (Mother), Mark Jones (Father), Susan Jones (Elder Sister)
Family history: The jones' moved into the town three generations ago after managing to con the local tomato farm owners out of their home in a gambling match. Sebastion was born after Loretta Married Mark Jones, who was the then Town Crier and still is on most tuesdays...when he's not at the farm. Sebastion has since taken over the family selling of Tomatoes with his sister, learning from his parents how to be a good salesman. However, even his skills aren't perfect: He still can't convince some members of the town to pay for the outrageous prices his mother puts on the tomatoes, which is why he is stuck on the lower ends of life rather then living the high-life.
The money you have when we leave: 14
Family Occupation: Tomato Farmers
That one skill that makes you special: He is a skilled liar and smooth-talker.
Acquired weapons: A supposedly magical short sword wielded by the great king of the Eastern kingdoms during the height of the mage council. In reality, it's just a dull edged run-of-the-mill, low quality short sword with absolutely no magical qualities whatsoever..but he doesn't know that.
Acquired skills: Has the gift of the gab (Aka. He's skilled at speaking and lying) as well as a decent merchant.

SQJ
07-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Silver tongue jones!!! XD Val is not calling you that!!
Hmm...Yeah you character is cool, plus I know I trust you not go o crazy with the sword thing! ^_^

So post while we wait for the other 2 to post.

Mordecai
07-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I think I can possibly see Sebastion as being quite the ladies man. Maybe it's just me.

infernai
07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Silver tongue jones!!! XD Val is not calling you that!!
Hmm...Yeah you character is cool, plus I know I trust you not go o crazy with the sword thing! ^_^

So post while we wait for the other 2 to post.

Crazy with the sword? But that's his fighting style!! aka. Frantically wave your sword infront of you until you hit something....preferably an enemy.

SQJ
07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL, interesting post dude, I was suprised when you mentioned Val ^_^

Mat
07-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Alright heres my CS:

Name: Mitchell Farstride

Nickname: Mitch / AKA "That no good Hooligan" by the majority of the town's older folk.

Personality : Mitchell is a friendly guy, and usually has good intentions. EXCEPT when he's neck deep in some sort of scandal or trouble. And that's pretty much always. A good kid with a mischevious attitude, Mitch is has a habit of making trouble almost everywhere he goes. He's not a leader though, and has problems making decisions that go aginst what the majority thinks.

Appearence: Mitch is tall, around 6'1, with short cropped black hair. He is usually a little dusty, but not dirty. He has light hazel eyes.

Family Memebers: Victor Farstride(Father) Maria Farstride(Mother) and Helga Doofersturts(Grandmother on Mother's side who hates his guts)

Family History : Victor Farstide moved to Inkani at the age of 35, believing that a nice quiet town in the middle of nowhere would be perfect for raising his family. Shortly after moving, he married Maria Doofersturts and had a son, Mitch. The boy was just like every other child, except he had an uncurable knack for getting into trouble. He was constantly found in other people's garden's and fields, usually snacking on some of their "surplus and uneeded" crops. Most people understand that it is just some harmless fun, but it doesn't stop many of the older folk from utterly hating Mitchell, including his own grandmother. Mitchell never really minded though, and even tries to avoid committing scandalous acts near them. Things got worse as he got older, with farmers often finding Mitch and their daughters together in haylofts and such, but his somewhat charming attitude has managed to keep the town from growing too angry at his shenanigans.

Occupation : Mitch is just plain lazy; which actually works out for him just fine because nobody in the town would trust him with a job anyway.

The money you have when you leave: 8 gold

Family Occupation : His father is a small-time merchant, and his mother knits clothing and blankets.

That one skill that makes you special : Mitch has always had a talent for finding things that usually aren't noticed by others.

Aquired weapons : An old sling and a few rocks that he found in an old crate of stuff that his father had never bothered to sell.

Acquired Skills: He is a somewhat talented thief when it comes to taking loose objects. He really can't pull off anything more than that.

SQJ
07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Hmmm...That's a tricky one as my character is also the truoblemaker but that's okay, guess it'll somehow work itself out. XD I'm cool with that, what I'm really worried about is the talented thief tidbit.

That is a really high leveled attribute to have right at the start of the RP. I dont know whether you're going to play it out as you being a good thief in country and getting a very very very rude awakening when he reaches the city or you play it down but it had to be something to make you more of a novice, since that is exactly what we all are.

Also, I'm guessing your character is really charming, espcially to pick up mulitple farming women and being very devil may cry. Seems like its own special talent on top of being really observant.

Long story short can you please tone down you character a little. Like either thieving thing, the charm thing. Dont get me wrong dude. All of those attributes are attributes I'd really really like you to learn along the way. Like one success attempt at pick pocketing after three failures that leave all of us running for our lives.

infernai
07-10-2011, 08:08 PM
...There's room for only one womanising ladies man in this party! D< ...Nah, just kidding xD

Mat
07-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah, I understand what you mean. And you're right about the thief thing, he's good at taking things from unlocked barns and stealing pies off of windowsills and such, but he really doesn't have much more talent than that. The whole rude awakening thing was actually exactly what I had in mind. And I don't intend to make him a charming womanizer type of guy. What I meant in the description was that he's just a nice guy,so people usually don't judge him too harshly. And the women he got aren't exactly hard to get, if you know what I mean. He didn't need to do too much charming to get them.

But I do know what you mean, and looking back at his CS I realize I did make him a little too skilled at some things. I'll take another look at it and tune him down a little.

Mordecai
07-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Doofersturts.

Lawlrus.

What's with all the guys being super tall in this? Not that I'm complaining. Haha. It just seems to be a trend.

SQJ
07-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Lol it is a funny trend as in my books humans at really that tall.

@mat, I'm glad you understand dude.

Auki
07-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Huzzah! I'm going to be joining this soon!

-starts typing up a CS-

SQJ
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Waits patiently. ^_^

Mordecai
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Lol it is a funny trend as in my books humans at really that tall.

._. I guess I hadn't realized. Guys are giant.

-stands at 5'1'' so basically everyone's tall-

Edit: I really like everyone's introduction posts, even the sap. I'm interested to see how this motley crew's gonna scrape through a day of actual journeying.

SQJ
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
oops I meant humans aren't that tall. XD

Mordecai
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
oops I meant humans aren't that tall. XD

Well, humans, but certain guys. I've never met a girl who's 6'2'' but I know quite a few men who exceed that height limit. -shrugs- But I'm well under average so xD

Ava
07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
High five for average height! :D

SQJ
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
XD

Mordecai
07-11-2011, 10:17 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/110vvqg.png

Given, I still need to add more details before I color it in. I wanted to attempt a one layer painting today but my computer told me I couldn't save my picture because I didn't have enough RAM, so I was forced to transfer this into paint just to save, blah blah blah ._. So, yeah. I need to figure that out. Aside from the length of the face (it's too long to my liking) and the volume of hair, that's almost how I imagined Ella would look like. Perhaps she's just older. And has bed head.

SQJ
07-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I like hte idea of poepel doing things for me! Its very sweet!

I like it. Its an adorable anime/manga style. Its nice to knwo your the full art package ^_^

Auki
07-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Name: Olivia Kadie Roy

Appearance:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pKBTzXqdbac/TclKHlw94iI/AAAAAAAACLk/Zm6k6T88Vag/s1600/lehoangbaotran15353.jpg

She stands at a height of 5’ 8”.

Personality:

Olivia is not loud-mouthed or bold although eccentric has sometimes been used to describe her quirky nature. She does not enjoy taking the lead but likes to stay in control; advising, planning and negotiating often come under her (self-delegated) tasks. Although she is willing to cause harmless mayhem and have fun, she is often the one to back out first – She is far more conscientious of consequences than the boys of the group. She has all the insecurities that come with teenage years and gets easily jealous, a trait she will admit is most undesirable and difficult to banish. Unfortunately, she is also a lightweight in the aspects of alcohol and is easily influenced when drunk.

Relations:

Jayden Roy – Father (56)
Lily Roy – Mother (53)

Valentine Synclair – Boyfriend (17)

N/A – Merely helps the family when needed.

The money you have when we leave:

5 Taung gold – All from her own pocket; she’s no thief.

Family Occupation:

Chicken Breeders

That one skill that makes you special:

People often struggle to stay angry when speaking to her.

Acquired weapons:

Frying Pan – Forged Aluminium with Stainless Steel base: 26cm diameter.

Acquired skills:

To Be Added.

SQJ
07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
XD You used the frying pan? That's hilarious! At least we have some cooking tools now! I know hte first thing I'm gonna buy with the littlee money I have...rope!!(homage to boondock saints ^_^)

I like, I didn't even wonder about the popele never stay angry thing beucase fo that damn picture! That has to be the most adorable picture of a kid above the age ten I've ever seen. lol! I totaly couldn't imagine staying angry at that! ^_^
Accepted.

Auki
07-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Thank you, Pure! I posted C:

SQJ
07-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Whoots I cna't believe I have to go work! I shall post tonight!! YaYZ!! lets get the ball rolling!

Mordecai
07-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Oooh. Val's got a girlfriend, eh? A couple on this trip might make this interesting.

SQJ
07-12-2011, 08:56 PM
LOL it just might! XD Posting!

Ava
07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice posts. ^_^

SQJ
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Side note.
I've decided to use real data from the Black Thorne.

So you know. There are 50 humanoid species types.
There is magic but very very very few poepel have and we're not learning it since that's a whole other thread.
And most importantly there are two moons.
The Snow moon hwich is like our moon
And the fire moon which lasts 3 days, is twice the size of the snow moon and is on fire.

Just so you knw

Mordecai
07-12-2011, 11:15 PM
H'okay, I'm working on a post now ^^

LatexRevolver
07-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Okie. No one kill Spirit, alright? She's our only hope for food.

infernai
07-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Okie. No one kill Spirit, alright? She's our only hope for food.

Indeed you are right....Wolfs not the tastiest of meats around but I'm sure we can have Auki's character whip up something tasty with her abilities as a cook-...Oh you meant to scout and hunt....yeah, i guess that would work too Lol. Nah, just yanking your chain Rev.

Also, hope you don't mind but..I'm gonna add a personality part to Sebastions app. Partly so people can get a bit more of an idea what he's like...and also because everyone else is doing it and i want to be popular xD.

SQJ
07-13-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL go for it man! Be popular!

infernai
07-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Ok, his personality is up...as most of you probably guessed: Sebastions not the best fighter in the world, so i guess he can be the unofficial party 'negotiator' xD

Mordecai
07-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Indeed you are right....Wolfs not the tastiest of meats around but I'm sure we can have Auki's character whip up something tasty with her abilities as a cook-

Clever. I respect that.

I like how you've woven a bit of charm into your interaction with Ella. It sure gave me a giggle. Post gais, post! I'm gettin' anxious over here!

Ava
07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I shall post later on today :D

Auki
07-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I'll be posting after LatexRevolver has got a post up for the sake of it all flowing in order.

LatexRevolver
07-13-2011, 06:23 PM
My post is up. It isn't my best at all, but I'll do better later on. I just needed to get something up so it could go on even though I couldn't really do much.

Mordecai
07-13-2011, 06:40 PM
My post is up. It isn't my best at all, but I'll do better later on. I just needed to get something up so it could go on even though I couldn't really do much.

Psssh. It's a fine post ^^ I think you're being too critical. I think it's kind of funny how most people are chill with Ella being the money manager.

LatexRevolver
07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, I can't really say much about it. My char doesn't know anyone there so who is she to say whether they're trustworthy or not?

SQJ
07-13-2011, 11:51 PM
That's something to be figured on the road.
XD
Posted and I'm moving things forwards

LatexRevolver
07-14-2011, 12:08 AM
That's what I was thinking, btw Pure. The whole Giant white wolf appears and only one person seems mildly concerned. I was suprised though, they took to it alot better than I thought they would.

SQJ
07-14-2011, 12:11 AM
LOL! XD
I thought others would be loking for other wolves and stuff after all who ever hears of one wolf. Out side of action movies and cartoons anyway... XD

LatexRevolver
07-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Actually, it's quite typical for there to be lone wolves. If they weren't brought up with the pack or they lost their position, it's quite often they go out on their own.

Mat
07-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Got a post up. Not really as detailed as I would've liked, but there was lot of stuff to catch up to.

SQJ
07-14-2011, 02:10 AM
dude its a cool post! This RP is moving! XD

LatexRevolver
07-14-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm glad to see people actively posting.

Mordecai
07-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Me too. I love this so far C: Whether you guys think you've got crap posts or not.

infernai
07-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah, things are definitely awesome so far.

Auki
07-14-2011, 02:55 PM
We've got some really nice, as well as talented, roleplayers. Everything's looking gooood C:

SQJ
07-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Now for me to screw it up! XD

infernai
07-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Urgh, sorry about my horrible post...

SQJ
07-19-2011, 06:30 AM
dude your post was great, now post again the shit has just hit the fan!!

infernai
07-19-2011, 10:45 AM
I'll get a post ready tomorrow for you, don't really have it in me right at this minute, but i'll get a post up soon!

SQJ
07-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Hungry for all your awesome posts people. ^_^

infernai
07-25-2011, 06:09 AM
*bump for great justice*

SQJ
08-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Come on people let us post and move on.

infernai
08-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Indeed! If we don't post, then things will just grind to a hault completely..and we don't want that

Auki
08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Gah, sorry for the late and lame post. I'll try and up my game next round x___X

infernai
08-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Oh thank the divine ones that someone posted, was getting worried that this one might have died...glad it hasn't!

Auki
08-05-2011, 09:36 AM
-magical unicorn revival skillz-

SQJ
08-07-2011, 12:41 PM
So everyone knows I loved everyone's post.
I'm waiting in Lex before I post.

On another note mord is pulling out of all her Rps so her character is an open gap. I'm thinking the best solution would be to have someone either take control of that character or we simply pretend her character didn't exist that means cancel giving her all our money, it also means cancel all talk of her as though she were never there. IF she comes back....I have no idea.

Thoughts?

infernai
08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
So everyone knows I loved everyone's post.
I'm waiting in Lex before I post.

On another note mord is pulling out of all her Rps so her character is an open gap. I'm thinking the best solution would be to have someone either take control of that character or we simply pretend her character didn't exist that means cancel giving her all our money, it also means cancel all talk of her as though she were never there. IF she comes back....I have no idea.

Thoughts?

Meh, we can always say she got captured by the riders (Dropping the money in the process) and if she comes back later...she managed to slip free and find our characters again?

Mat
08-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Maybe we could just play it out so that she gets so nervous from nearly being caught by the riders that she decides to give us back all the money and just go home because she thinks she just isn't ready for this.

SQJ
08-10-2011, 04:01 AM
@Inf
I thought about that but the truth is my character would want to steal her back. He's one of those no man left behind type..

...which would be awesome because it would be its own adventure....but.....I guess we can't really just pretend that she was never there. X___X

Hey we could say she disappeared in our attempt to get away and took our fucking money!! XD

SQJ
08-14-2011, 04:51 PM
okay so I'm picking the option of Ellle running away with our money. It seems the best way of getting rid of her while still opening a door if at some point in the far future I can totally get her back.

Another thing. I guess now would be a good time for characters to start thinking about what they want their characters to become as obstacles such us being hunted and us being suddenly broke come into play.