PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft

Coldsnap
12-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Coffee served after six O’clock never seemed to taste as good as the coffee served earlier in the day, but Jeanette had sought out her daily cafe mocha with tenacious indifference. Some days, the girl was convinced that the sugary, caffeinated bliss of her favorite hot beverage was the only thing that kept her sane in a line of work that demanded she work overtime to end gang warfare among young, inner city werewolves.

The circle of black fur on her lap purred resonantly, and she absent-mindedly reached down to stroke the soft fur behind it's ears. I will thank you to keep your gentle ministrations to members of your own species. A male voice laden with dry annoyance pressed against her mind. The girl glanced down with only the vaguest interest, pulling her hand away. Sorry. I didn't think you were in there. She apologized wordlessly, shifting her weight onto her elbows. When did you start purring? I thought you were above that sort of pet stuff. We come across as more believable when I let her handle the semantics. The male voice returned briskly.

Keeya was Jean’s familiar spirit. He also happened to share a body with her pet cat, Dinah. Most of the time it was pretty easy to tell who was driving, but every so often Keeya liked to just flutter in the back of the cat's mind, staying just close enough to experience life from her point of view without actually interfering.

She supposed everyone needed hobbies.

The sky was just beginning to fade into dark, washed out shades of blue and grey as the girl swallowed the last of her lukewarm coffee. It was a clear spring night, just cold enough to make a jacket a good idea without being a necessity. She and Keeya drew no more attention than any other girl-and-cat combo would, seated outside of Renee's Cafe and Pasty Shoppe at a table for two. The pewter pentagram she wore as a pendant hinted only vaguely at her status, and would be written off as a gothic/emo/pagan charm by most of the human population.

Pay attention Sparrow. The girl’s attention sharpened instantly as her apprentice name flicked against her mind. Here they come. Do at least try to appear competent.

Gsarge
12-22-2009, 07:26 AM
John looked out at the sky line the sun setting under the buildings as he sighed lightly deep ing thought as Argos hopped up onto his lap as the wizard absentmindedly began to stroke over the cat familar.

We should be back inside studying, Johnathan. Times of calm like this are few and far between and best used in preperation. John looked down to Argos and sighed again nodding his head as he let the cat down before he stood up and walked over to the door holding it open to let his familar in first to the apartment. Now, now nothing to be sour about, Johnathan. One day you will become the familar to someone and I'm sure you'll be pulling them into their study as well.

John chuckled and shook his head lightly at the comment.

"Alright, alright though I doubt I'll ever be quite as good a familar as you are for me." Argos looked up to him flicking his tail behind him.

Flattery will get you nowhere with me, youngman. You should be quite aware of that by now. And before you say anything more on the subject, yes I can blame you for trying. Argos made a smug face to him as he padded into the study and hopped up onto the desk while John took his seat opening a musky tome picking up on the chapter he was last one covering the enchanting of objects meant to augment the natural abilities of their users.I see you really are taking my advice about learning how to enchant and create magic objects. It was something of my specaility during my time as a wizard and so I should prove most helpful in helping you master it. Is there any part of enchanting that interests you the most? John looked up at Argos blinking a few times.

"Well yea, I'm looking into making a sheilding armlet." Argos perked up and jumped off the desk padding over to a bookshelf. He managed to pull the book free and get it onto the desk in a way John was sure he would only learn after he became a familar himself. The wizard then picked up the book seeing it was one specailizing in the crafting of protective magical objects.

This should prove a good start for you Johnathan.

Great this could take all night. John was almost overjoyed at the sight of an index and flipped the pages right to the contruction of the very thing he was hoping to make.