PDA

View Full Version : RUSTED RAPTURE (The Zombie Apocalypse|OOC Thread)

Coldsnap
12-22-2009, 05:10 PM
T H E S T O R Y

April 17th 2009 at 3:48 pm | A meteor roughly the size of Prince Edward Island crashes into the Atlantic ocean.

April 22nd 2009 at 7:03 am | Reports of staggering, blood soaked cannibals with blind eyes and monstrous appetites begin flooding onto new stations worldwide.

April 22nd at 11:34 am | The zombie-like bio terrorists ravaging the globe are linked to a microscopic organism originating from the North Atlantic meteor.

May 8th 2009 at 5:27 pm | The BBC is the last newscast to go permanently off the air.

June 4th 2012at 2:15 PM | A group of Class C individuals make an attack on the bandit raiding site just outside of New Detroit.

-----

It has been estimated that the alien parasite that has now found a home in the minds of every human being on earth has about an 80% chance of turning it's host into a ravenous, flesh-eating zombie. Approximately 20% of people are immune to the zombifying effects of the parasite. Of those, about 0.5% actually benefit from it's presence in the form of augmented strength, speed and healing capabilities.

The setting is a semi-modern dystopia. Cities are really more like crude fortresses to protect residents from zombies and bandit raids. Ammo and water are hot commodities.The zombies themselves are similar to the breed described in World War Z, but a little slower and TECHNICALLY blind (they've 'evolved' past needing pupils). Animals remain largely unaffected by the parasite, as only higher primates are suitable hosts. The infection is non-transferable because 'zombification' is based in immunity -if you don't have it yet it is not possible to contract it. The real danger zombies pose is in their tirelessness, fearlessness and hunger for human flesh.

Our story follows a group of class C individuals (survivors who benefit from the alien parasite) as they earn a living delivering mail, looting abandoned shopping malls and shooting what they're paid to shoot.

R U L E S

Standard rules apply: No powerplaying, god moding or flooding the board. Make sure your characters are detailed and well-written. I will be playing GM for all major NPCs and plot events.

One or two well written paragraphs is fine as far as posts go. The story itself is rated M for gore/course language and touchy subject matter. There are no limits on the number for characters you can play.

Class C characters can have either one strong 'Superhuman power' or a major and minor.
Ex1: I choose super strength. I can throw a car.
Ex2: I choose super strength and fast healing. I can throw my teammate and take a bullet to the chest.
Ex3: I choose fast healing. I can take several dozen bullets to the chest.

If you can think up another power you'd like, have at it -just make sure it isn't magical or elemental in nature. Super senses=Good. Fireballs=Bad

C H A R A C T E R S H E E T

Full Name:
Nickname(s):
Class: [A class individuals are zombies, B class are normal humans, and C class are 'superhumans']
Personality: [Make sure they're and interesting and well-rounded character]
Specialized Skills: ['superpowers' and/or other skills such as sharpshooting or engineering]
Brief History: [optional]

-----
Post your character sheet in this thread to join.

Cheshire
12-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I might throw up a character sheet for this x3

Shani
12-23-2009, 01:08 AM
I'll join I'll start working on a sheet.

Lord Tully
12-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Tell me if there's anything that needs changing
Full Name: Malona Preston
Nickname: "Mal"
Class: C class
Physical Appearance: Mal has a look one would expect from someone who did spent most of their time outside in a post apocalyptic hell hole. She wears a sort of armor she salvaged out of useless car parts. The true color of her red hair is often a bit obscured by dirt and grim when she's not in town, the only hygiene she allows herself is a hair comb so at least it's not tangling much or getting in her eyes. Her skin is has a fair tan but since she can bruise a bit easier then most, she likes to joke that it's the bruising that's colored her skin. Although while in town she usually doesn't wear her armor, and is a bit more clean.

Personality: When the meteor hit Earth, Mal had to grow up fast, and learned fast how to be a ruthless player in the game of life. In town she's often a fairly pleasent girl, but she'd be more then happy to blow your knees off if you cross any lines with her. When Mal's left town (Often to do some bounty work) her only emotion is lethal self-preservation, and she won't hesitate to shot anyone and anything that get's between her and her objectives.

Specialized Skills: Mal is a definite fighter, her abilities are speed, she can run faster, farther and strike quicker then almost anyone else. If you have to assign one place on the battlefield for her, it's close combat, Mal's lethal with shotguns, SMGs and bladed weapons. She's not the worst shot in the world with an M14 rifle, but she's far, far from the best, so she doesn't use guns like that often.

Brief History: Malona had arrived in America (Or what ever country this RP's in), with her family, from Ireland only days before the meteor hit and brought the parasite with it, she had to kill most of her zombified family with her father's pistol and run when the infection reached her town. Years later she found that the same parasite that killed her family, was actually helping her, and started hireing her abilities out to survive.

SpikeyZ
12-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Character submission withdrawn.

Coldsnap
12-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Looking good guys! ^__^

Jus one request for Spikey - Nick is looking a little bit uber-powerful. I like that you created an original ability for him, but you need to tone it down a little bit if you also want to give him fast-healing capabilities. I'd suggest either you make his blood magic/healing factor less powerful, or just focus on one of them. Maybe he can only make very small objects out of his blood? Maybe he still suffers the effects of shock and anemia when he uses his powers because it takes a while for his healing factor to kick in?

He just needs a teensy bit of tweaking. ;)

Lord Tully
12-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I was going to say something, but I didn't get here in time. Anything I need to change?

SpikeyZ
12-23-2009, 11:26 PM

Lord Tully
12-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I'd actually have to agree with her, I mean healing head wounds? Fine, if it's not abused, fully healing in less then an hour, after getting his arm ripped off and several ribs broken? That's a lot too powerful (it takes broken ribs weeks to heal, don't say it's not fast healing when it is).

ARandomHeretic
12-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Will post my sheet when I get home. Just a heads up, this should probably be moved to the Mature section as zombie apocalypses are usually not very kid friendly.

SpikeyZ
12-24-2009, 07:25 AM

Coldsnap
12-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Spikey: If you had chosen 'fast healing' as your only C-class skill, I still would have been hesitant to let Nick potentially survive several gunshots to the head because only a small portion of his brain is vulnerable.

The way you have it described in his history, nick's healing factor works fast enough to keep him from bleeding out and dying of shock and/or internal injuries inflicted from diving off a sea cliff and hitting solid rock. It dosen't matter what you call it or weather you meant to do it or not, you have made his healing factor VERY powerful.

The power of C-class abilities does not increase over time. He might get more efficient at creating objects, but his blood magic would never get more powerful. The alien parasite does not the ability to keep a non-zombified, fatally wounded person alive.

You're going to need to either scale back on both of his abilities and/or add some more weaknesses and/or choose just one skill to focus on.

Side note: thanks to the random heretic -I'm not great at categorizing these boards yet. XP

nonangelic92
12-24-2009, 07:39 PM
ooh I want to join, I'll have a character sheet up later today.

nonangelic92
12-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Full Name: Alexandria Roberts
Nickname(s): Alex
Class: C
Physical Appearance: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs26/i/2008/167/9/a/Female_Dante__by_Wolfyr.jpg

Personality: Alex is a very smart, witty person. She is a very sarcastic person, and doesn't take any crap form anyone. She can take what she dishes out. She may look like a hardass, but Alex does have her soft points.

Specialized Skills: Alex is quite the experienced swordswoman and is the faster shooter with a 9mm. She is able to kill a man more ways then she can cook a turkey dinner. She also has this ability where she can bring extreme pain to any one or anything that crosses her path, but she is also able to numb all types of pain but only for a while.

Brief History: Alex doesn't really have a childhood, she was raised in a foster home til she turned 18. Alex doesn't really remember what happened when the outbreak occured, all she knows is that the parasite that turned people, gave her some pretty wicked power and she has been using that power to help herself survive.

CptxMorgan
12-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Full Name: Nicholas Reid
Nickname(s):Micky, Nick
Class: B

Physical Appearance: Average height and build, he stands at 5'8 and weighs 155 lbs. Nick tends to dress in whatever he may find, which usually consists of simple garb such as hooded sweaters and jeans. Unlike most, he does not see a need for restricting combat armor. He is rather fair skinned, not in the sense that he is pale, but moreso that he's more often than not some soft shade of red. His hair straddles the line between blonde and brown and tends to vary depending on the season, more often than not it's a darker shade.

Personality: Nick displays all of the characteristics of a typical Southern Bostonian, he's hotheaded, stubborn and slightly xenophobic. Despite his more obvious flaws, Nick displays some positives. In the heat of the moment he usually acts altruistically, and despite rarely thinking rationally he never panics.Is a self proclaimed leader and will not hesitate to be the first to approach a potentially dangerous situation.

Specialized Skills: Being one of the many survivors living without the benefit of parasite induced abilities, Nick has to rely on his pre disaster skills to survive. Working as a deckhand on a fishing boat out of Gloucester before the meteor hit allowed him to gain some knowledge around seaworthy vessels. Nick also has surprising accuracy with combat rifles and the like, yet he is not a sharpshooter by any means. All in all, he relies mostly on his own mental and emotional fortitude to survive in the new world.

Brief History: Nick was born and raised in South Boston before promptly moving North once he was of age. His Uncle owned a Marlin fishing boat that ran out of Gloucester and provided the somewhat lost teenager with a job. He was on his first trip of the 2009 season when all hell broke loose. Everyone on the ship was infected so to speak, outside of Nicholas who only survived due to the crafty use of the vessel's few firearms, most of which were single shot flareguns. Exhausted, he made the journey back to the harbor, worried he would be facing murder charges for being the only mariner to return from the outing. (un)Luckily enough, he came back to a world in utter chaos. He lived on and off as a bandit for two years before defecting to live a somewhat less dangerous life in one of the remaining walled off cities.

ARandomHeretic
12-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Full Name: Gunnery Sergeant Cayden Mannix, USMC

Nickname(s): Nix, Manny

Physical Appearance:
http://www.charmaineyoest.com/uploads/Dietz_danny_navy_seal_weapon_yoest.jpg

Manny stands in at 6'2", weighing around 200 pounds. He is of a very muscular build. He maintains a "high-and-tight" haircut, though, since the initial infection he has refused to shave his facial hair, resulting in a shaggy, unkempt beard. His body is riddled with scars and tattoos, most notably, a "USMC" tattoo on his right forearm, and a globe and anchor on his left shoulder.

Personality: Manny is one of the loudest, most obnoxious individuals that a person could ever expect to meet. He truly is the prototypical "jock". Egocentric, outspoken, ignorant, and not very bright. But Manny prefers brawn to brain, any day. Despite this, Manny is a kind-soul. He is willing to assist anyone who is in any degree of precarious situation. Of course, the person whom he saved would probably rather have died than listen to his following spiel about his heroism, bravery, and calm while in the face of danger.

Specialized Skills: A Marine prior to the outbreak, Manny is an expert marksman with an assortment of assault rifles, sidearms, and sniper rifles. Manny received SERE training while in the Marines and is trained in outdoor survival in even the most extreme of conditions. In addition to his marksmanship skills, Manny is an expert in hand-to-hand combat, having earned a black belt from the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program.

Brief History: Manny was born and raised in Lincoln, Maine, a small town of less than 5,000. Manny spent a large portion of his childhood and adolescence in the outdoors. Camping, hunting, fishing, and ATV'ing were among his favorite hobbies.

Upon turning 18, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps as an infantryman. After a year in service, he successfully became a member of the elite Marine Force Recon unit and served in three deployments in Iraq, as well as, one in Afghanistan. After just eight years in service Manny had been promoted to the rank of gunnery sergeant, and was expected to become a sergeant major within the next seven years. These expectation would be for not, as shortly after returning home from his third deployment in Iraq, the meteor landed.

Days the later, his parents and youngest brother became infected, and Manny was forced to flee, locking his infected family in his childhood home. Manny decided to head towards Boston in hopes of finding a strong survivor resistance group.

Coldsnap
12-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Nonangellic: Your character is looking alright, but power over nature/growing things is too elemental to be a C-class skill. Think you could try thinking up an ability that focuses on her specificly?

Nicholas and Cayden are looking great -thanks for voting B-class guys!

The game is going to be starting on DECEMBER 26th, so if you're still browsing this thread and haven't posted a character sheet yet, you need to get busy. :)

nonangelic92
12-26-2009, 01:48 AM
yeah totally I'lll update it in a few

Coldsnap
12-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Name: Charity May Collins
Nickname(s): Beau
Physical Appearance: Beau spent most of her high school years being mistaken for a fourteen year old. She stands at just under 5'3 and is made all the less intimidating by a petite, boyish figure and a heart shaped face mottled with dark freckles. Her dark brown hair is cropped just beneath her earlobes and pushed off of her forehead with a cloth headband. She borrows from 90s punk culture when dressing herself; graphic t-shirts, metal studs and ripped jeans making frequent appearances in her wardrobe. She collects decorative pins and buttons, and can often be seen wearing a dozen or more at any given time.

Personality: Beau is a cynical, but generally good natured sort of person. She will be the first to tell you that she's the worst sort of liar, in that she spends so much of her time being sarcastic and melodramatic that it's almost impossible to tell when she should be taken seriously. She's calm and almost obnoxiously optimistic during times of crisis, making her a useful but infuriating addition to any combat mission. Her tendency to take nothing as seriously as it should be taken has gotten her into trouble more than once, but citing that her irresponsibility is the only thing that has kept her sane thus far, she refuses to change.

Specialized Skills: Thanks to numerous summers spent working as a lifeguard at her local pool, Beau is trained in both first-aid and CPR. These skills, in addition to a modest knowledge of pharmaceuticals and social science, make her a decent substitute for a medical professional in a world where liscenced doctors are hard to find. She's a fair shot with a pistol, but only fair. She's essentially useless with assault rifles and any other firearm with strong kickback because she simply isn't strong enough to hold onto them. Her parasite is decidedly passive in nature. Instead of augmenting her physically it makes her what amounts to a phantom to A-Class infected. It's not clear weather the zombies can't sense her presence or simply ignore her, but she has wandered unarmed into the putrid masses on countless occasions only to emerge completely unscathed.

Brief History: Originally from London Ontario, Charity and her mother were among hundreds that fled inland in an attempt to escape the outbreak. They were hit by the parasite long before they reached their destination, and when her mother was infected Beau wasted no time in fleeing their station wagon and hiding out in the first gas station she came across. By and by, she discovered that the zombies she had seen surrounding and devouring other survivors didn't even acknowledge her existence. She eventually got up the courage to seek out civilization, and has spent most of the past three years working as a messenger, delivery girl and field medic around New Detroit to keep herself well fed and occupied.

---------------

Name: Ashley Daniel Sinclair
Nickname(s): Ash/Dan
Physical Appearance: Ashley is a man of rather impressive stature, standing 6'2'' and built like an excavator. His complexion is a dark, caramel brown paired with straight black hair that strongly suggests his native American heritage. His soft brown eyes are hidden beneath dark eyebrows that are always hinting at what's on his mind. His fashion choices are quite simple and lacking the body armor most people tend to wear near zombie infested territory, but he makes it a point to wash, mend and change his clothes as frequently as possible.
Personality: Though one might go out of their way to avoid making this tank of a man angry, Ashley is not the sort of man who uses violence to solve his problems. He's an idealistic pacifist and believes that conflict should be resolved peacefully whenever possible. His calm and understanding demeanor often typecasts him as a cuddly teddy bear, but if anything he's just a grizzly who loves hugs. This man is more than willing to defend his principles and comrades, and if necessary he is willing and able to seriously mess someone up.
Specialized Skills: Ashley has spent time as a construction worker, heavy equipment operator, mechanic and welder over the course of his life, and while he can't claim mastery of any one trade it's a safe bet that he knows his way around a tool shed. He has basic knowledge of how to operate firearms, but gravitates more toward handguns than weapons specifically designed for the battlefield.
His parasite has given him the startling ability to heal gruesome injuries in a relatively short amount of time. He has survived close-contact with a fragmentation grenade, 'execution' by firing squad, extensive third degree burns and a point-blank shotgun blast to the face -all with no visible scarring.
Ashley theorizes that he could probably die by drowning or some other form of asphyxiation, as his healing factor only seems to apply to physical damage. It's also been suggested that the destruction of his brain, prolonged exposure to fire/acid or anything else that would leave his body without a chance to heal itself could prove fatal. He has never had the opportunity to test weather or not a severed appendage could be reattached/regrown, and has no desire to investigate this in the future.

Brief History: Ashley was born the only son among seven girls, and while he was only the second oldest his parents often left him in charge of his female siblings. Upon graduating highschool he found work in the city as a general laborer and later, as a tradesman. He married at the age of 35 and has since fathered four young daughters, only one of which who proved immune to the parasite. He and the youngest of his daughters were admitted into the military shelter that would one day become New Detroit when the parasite moved inland. He has lived there ever since, and refuses to let a mangy band of cutthroats harass the place he calls home.

------------

My charries. New thread to come after movie night is over~

nonangelic92
12-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Hey Cold I updated my character.

Coldsnap
12-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Glad to see the changes hun, but I'm going to have to say no to the necromancy. Having a PC with the ability to kill/ressurect anyone she wants at any time unbalances the story and makes my job really tough. : /

Maybe if you watered it down an made it so she could either cause extreme pain or soothe it?

Coldsnap
12-27-2009, 05:23 PM
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=93331#post93331

Here's the IC thread guys~

nonangelic92
12-27-2009, 11:53 PM
okay I re-re-edited it

Govannon
12-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Hope it's not too late to join.

Full Name: Andrew Rook
Nickname(s):
Physical Appearance: http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m437/loneranger558/post_apocalyptic.jpg

Personality/History: Andrew was always something of a loner. It wasn't so much that he was overtly odd or strange, but more that he just didn't fit into any definite groups. Politically, he was all over the map and ideologically he couldn't find anyone that would agree with his views. Because of this, Andrew grew more and more introverted and became more and more different. He started looking into explosives and other weaponry, just for fun. He began to be drawn to the apocalypse, thinking it would be fun.

Then the apocalypse actually happened, and Andrew was made painfully aware of just how horribly wrong he was.

Specialized Skills: Andrew has always had something of a flare for flames and explosions, a skill that only increased after the infection hit. He knows where to plant his charges and lob his grenades and this skill is only enhanced by his parasite. His body has changed in such a way that he now exhales an oxidizing agent that bonds to whatever it touches. To put it simply, this causes explosives to become more volatile and non-explosives to become charged, or to simply it further, things that are supposed to explode, explode better, things that aren't supposed to explode, explode better. As for his performance with standard weapons, well, let's just say that there's a reason he prefers things where close still counts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Name: Olena Ranae
Nickname(s): None
Physical Appearance: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/suitofwar/Post%20Apocalypse%20Characters/autumn.jpg
Personality: Because of her power, as described below, Olena doesn't handle silences well, and often takes it upon herself to fill conversational voids. Despite the fact that she's always talking however, the vast majority of what she says is not idle prattle. She has time to think over what she wants to say and is astonishing well read, having burned through every book she has encountered since her infection.
Specialized Skills: Olena's power is both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing in that her parasite has overhauled her reflexes and mental processing, allowing her to see time as though it is slowed down, meaning that she can remain calm and focused in battle, picking out targets and making rational decisions. It is a curse in that this power cannot be turned off. Every conversation, every boring stretch of nothingness, she feels them all in their entirety.

Coldsnap
12-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Not a problem Govannan -you're good to go. You too Nonangellic. ^__^
I'll give you guys a chance to post before I advance the plot any further.

ARandomHeretic
12-29-2009, 09:47 AM
To any mod who might see this:

Could this thread be moved to the Mature OOC forum, considering our IC thread is in the Mature IC forum?

The Gypsy Queen
12-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Here, on the recommendation (read: demand XD) of Heretic. I hope there are still slots open! :D I hope this is okay.

Full Name: Veronica Valez

Nickname(s): Vee

Physical Appearance: Vee barely breaks five feet tall and weighs in at a whopping 118 pounds. She is limber and lean, an excellent runner (star track runner in high school, for the 100 yard sprint, the relay, and the mile), and very fair gymnast. She has a very boyish figure and hates the fact that most people can’t tell her apart from a young man at first glance, even when she’s dressed in next to nothing. Adding to the problem, she keeps her bright auburn hair cut short in a shaggy style, kept out of her eyes with a bandana. She has the sort of tan skin that tells people she knows what the outdoors look like, and catlike green eyes. She prefers to wear white tank tops, cargo pants, and combat boots, and wears her waist holsters and dog tags everywhere she goes. She has a visible bullet wound scar on her right shoulder, a snag in her left ear, a ragged scar on her right thigh from a compound fracture, a small scar between her eyes, and a shrapnel scar on the left side of her abdomen.

Personality: Some folks find Vee easy to like, and others would like to ring her neck. Vee has her own particular brand of intelligence, mostly in that she tends to accidently trip over the right answer, bust her nose in the fall, and then misapply the solution anyway. In almost every situation Vee seems out of the loop, confused, but genuinely happy to be there. She forgets things easily, gets confused, and is very easily stumped by seemingly simple questions. None of this really seems to faze her though, as she is a truly cheerful person who is always happy to be in the company of others and thrilled to be of some use. The only time in her life when Vee isn’t ten steps behind everyone else is during combat situations. Vee naturally excels in fighting, long or close range, and blood, gore, and mayhem don’t bother her in the least. Brutal and violent when attacked, her first reaction to a threat is to simply eliminate it as efficiently as possible. But she’ll do it with a smile.

Specialized Skills: Vee is an outstanding runner, and took several awards during high school. Although not that bright, she is very athletic, and was commended several times over in the military for sharp shooting with every imaginable weapon. She excels with a pair of Glock 37s, but can easily switch to any other firearm. She is trained in close quarters and martial combat, and her small size and agility help, but she doesn't like to flirt with the idea of being overpowered.

Brief History: Military is in Vee's blood. Her parents were in the military, and their father's before them. The only child of a lieutenant colonel, Vee was in ROTC as soon as she was old enough, and always dreamed of being in the Marines. Their mantra, "simper fi" was on her lips from the time she was old enough to talk. However, her poor test scores and gender limited her choices of military branches where she could see combat, so she wound up in the Military Police. She toured in the Middle East for four years, and returned a changed woman. She then joined the gun for hire tax bracket, and lived it up until the problems started.

Coldsnap
12-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Loads of slots. Welcome aboard. XP

The Gypsy Queen
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
XD Yay me!

nonangelic92
12-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Hey Cold, I was wondering cause I just read the IC thread, if I could be the like "head honcho" of the group of bandits inside the store that they have taken over. if that would be real, I sorta like playing the rebel.

Coldsnap
12-30-2009, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the offer hun, but I've got some secret plans for this raid. ;)

nonangelic92
12-30-2009, 05:35 AM
aww okay, but I wanna be a rebel or at least have some command. :( its cool :P

ARandomHeretic
12-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey Coldsnap do you think you could institute a literacy and/or post length requirement? I feel like this RP should have posts that are longer than just three sentences.

Govannon
12-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Coldsnap, let me know if you had a different dynamic planned for why Charity was assigned to be on a team with Rook. I just couldn't think of anything else...

nonangelic92
12-31-2009, 11:36 PM
okay guys after so far long I have finally posted

CptxMorgan
01-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Hey Coldsnap do you think you could institute a literacy and/or post length requirement? I feel like this RP should have posts that are longer than just three sentences.

Elitist.

ARandomHeretic
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Is no one else going to post?

nonangelic92
01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
ill post, i got nothing better to do

MikeZZZ
01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
are you still acepting new players???

ARandomHeretic
01-07-2010, 06:38 AM