PDA

View Full Version : Daring Dastardly Deeds (A poetry challenge issued to myself)

Totenglaut
12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
So I got a dare today. They said: "Tot, I wanna see if you can write 12 three line poems in six days. They don't have to be Haikus and they have to describe the books you read"

So I am posting my challenge here. You can comment in fact we both would like you too as that is how I am going to be judged in this challenge.

Old house where I stayed on vacations with my family
Old love who was first, too bad it ended
Why so many Old Things?

About: The book Old Things.
A short summary is this. Catherine comes to Rainshadow Lodge where she used to come as a little girl. She brings her two daughter, Aly and Dana. Throughout the course of this she is shocked at how things of changed on the island. Particularly one man who was her first lover.

(Romance novel kind of cheesy and not easy to write a three line poem about)

Totenglaut
12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Second three line poem for today.

Aerin is the daughter of a traitor, Dane is the son of a powerful man
They clash over and over and over
But will love develop here at Academy 7?

About: The Novel Academy 7.
Summary:
"In this futuristic tale, two teens with mysterious and difficult pasts meet at the universe's most prestigious and demanding school: Academy 7. Aerin, a foreigner and fugitive slave, knows she does not belong here. Dane, the rebellious younger son of the Alliance's most powerful leader, enrolls partly to thwart his father's control over his life. From the beginning of the school term, Dane's cocky, contrary nature and Aerin's extraordinary combat and computer-savvy land them both in trouble with the school's administrator, a powerful member of the Alliance Council. Aerin, secretive and estranged from nearly all social contact, and Dane, bad-boy, rich-kid heartthrob, are unlikely allies. Each holds a key to information that could cause political repercussions throughout the Alliance, and an uneasy truce develops as they are repeatedly thrown together." (From Amazon.com)

(Not actually a Romance more of an action thriller but I decided to write about the romantic overtone. Easy to write a poem about.)

Totenglaut
12-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Once. Twice. Thrice.
Fight me now,
Or forget you ever knew the name Hellsing.

About: The Manga Hellsing.
summary may be found here (http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Hellsing/Summary/)

Totenglaut
12-24-2009, 08:45 PM
It's hard when you die
And part of you is still alive
Yes, it's hard to be a Soul Survivor.

About: The short story Soul Survivor.
A short story in which the main character is a ghost. Peter is his name. He floats around the world a while just trying to figure out what to do when he's dead. Eventually he takes residence in a baseball player's head, Slam. Slam goes insane eventually and Peter tries to take over his body unfortunately that does not work and the end is very creepy.

Totenglaut
12-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Death just around the corner, always lurking
Will it snap you up?
Or will you be Dead Until Dark?

About: The Sookie Stockhouse Novel Dead Until Dark.
Dead Until Dark is the first book in Charlaine Harris's series The Southern Vampire Mysteries / Sookie Stackhouse novels. In this first installment, the author introduces the character of Sookie Stackhouse, a young telepathic waitress from the fictional town of Bon Temps, Louisiana, and her world, an alternate history where vampires, shapeshifters and other supernatual beings coexist with humans. In Dead Until Dark Sookie begins a romantic entanglement with her vampire neighbor and is faced with a series of murders in town. (From Wiki)

Totenglaut
12-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Three men,
I have to juggle them all
But I'm so Tempted.

About: Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
So…you’d think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark’s life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break. Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang. Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions. Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings. Aphrodite’s visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal. Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn’t go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul? (from Barnes and Noble.com)

Mockingjay
01-15-2010, 04:02 AM
KEEP GOING!!!!

Zzapper
01-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Interesting challenge, I think people would be better off if they took more challenges like this, so, to quote:

KEEP GOING!!!!

Miss Devil
01-16-2010, 02:35 AM
No more..?

Totenglaut
01-16-2010, 08:20 PM
PaM- Thanks very much. ^^

Zzapper- I take every challenge given to me. Mostly because it's fun to push myself

miss devil- I had it down somewhere but I lost the rest of it.

So, obviously the six days are long up. However I did write the rest of my twelve three-lines poems down. Those were judged by other people. I meant to post them here too and they kinda got lost ><;. If anyone wants to know I won twenty bucks because people liked them.
I think I might just use this thread to write more three-line poetry though. It was an amazing experience and harder than you would think. They probably won't be about books anymore but I'd be happy to let you see more. And eventually when I find the paper my last six poems. The last half doesn't have the titles in it.

Here's the very last one. I don't remember the book anymore but
I absolutely loved this one:

Wandering through the forests of Eternity
Whilst Mother Earth swells with Maternity
What would you give to feel Father Time's claws?

The book itself was about immortality and how it can be so lonely. Very dark but I liked it.

Miss Devil
01-16-2010, 09:48 PM
You are super duper cool -blushes face- XD

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 11:01 PM
I like that last one, its decidedly sketchy XD