PDA

View Full Version : Demons & Domes

\/Ģin
12-24-2009, 08:04 AM
The year is 2113 and mankind is finally on that brink of destruction. Some said the day man would have to face the end would never come, whilst others ignored the possibility and continued their secluded lives. Science grew and morals failed and before long there were no bounds to how far research would go. Because of this, we were all dragged into a war that we could never escape.

However...I shouldn't get to far ahead without explaining the past.

It started the year after World War II ended. The nazi party crumbled and communism was halted for a moment. With Hitler's death, the german people still wanting to continue his legacy, looked for a way to revive him through science. They failed, but in the process they learned something vital, something advance. Theories say their research was jump started by aliens, but that is just another mindless rumour people like to believe.

After that, things calmed and the talks of genetic research was hidden away, being conducted only by the communist party. However, by the mid 80's the research had become full scale and all world powers were in on it. The United States, being the biggest sponsor, were the first to make the first product in 2013, however it was not until 2060 that a perfect syrum had been made. The problem was the syrum could revive the dead, but not the mind, conscious, or morality. It was then decided that the syrum could be made into a weapon and used against their enemies.

2090 - The third world war broke out beginning with Russia restoring the communist dictatorship to their country demanding rights to expand into lesser neighboring lands. The United Nations stepped in and decided to end this campaign and thus soldiers were deployed to various countries like the US occupied Afghanistan and Iraq. This did not halt the Russians and by 2101 the war was full blown. Six nuclear attacks had been carried out world wide, including the devestation of Washington State.

2102 - The UN decided that using top secret biochemical warfare was the best way to resolve this conflict. The UN fired six missles containing the Syrum into Russia causing the disease to mix with the nuclear radiation and spread like a wildfire.

2105 - 90% of the world was now infected and the 10% unaffected resided in quickly fortified domes across the surface of the planet. The rest of the population was infected and now what were called the Arxen. Arxen are fiendish mutations of man that are agile and aggressive. Their diet primarily consists of human plasma.

2113 - Dome 7, referred to as D7, was invaded by the Arxen and destroyed. The survivors of D7 have tried to make contact with the nearest dome almost four hundred miles away. Contact with D9 was a failure.

The surviving citizens of D7 must now set out to travel to D9 in hopes the dome still stands. That is where I come in. I'm one of few whom are in this traveling group. Some of us are ex-soldiers of D7, whilst others are civilian ranked. Those who can fight must protect the weak as we make our way over mountain and forest fighting through Arxen along the way.

...That is our mission. I pray I don't fail...

Arxen Notes

Arxen are very brainless and act on instinct alone. They tend to mutate coming between eight and eleven feet tall with a grayish texture to their skins. Muscles strangely grow in a short period of time, making them faster and stronger.

Their mutation is rare, allowing them to adapt easily to their surroundings.

I.E. A mutation within a tank will in time will evolve with the tank and use the armor for their own defense. Some reports say they can even develop arterys to interact with wiring inside weaponry giving them control over any weapon in human history (in this case the cannon atop the tank).

Mutations also never communicate in words. The vocal cords are useless to them and they communicate with each other through body languages.

An Arxen devours living organisms in order to jump start their evolution and grow stronger. Male Arxens tend to do so in order to gain the Alpha Male status of a group making male's much more dangerous.

Arxen blood is a good healing source however. A few drops of it will clear a wound in a matter of days.

Current Objective

Travel 400 miles or more to the nearest dome city, D9. Those with weapon experience should be on guard duty and relied upon to protect the weaker civilian class. No member of the civilian class is permitted to get too far from the group. Doing this risks the safety of everyone and is punishable by death.

Character Sheet

Name:

Sex:

Military or Civilian?:

If neither of above, specify:

Weapons:

Bio:

nonangelic92
12-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Name: Alice (Ace) Ruthaford

Sex: Female

Military or Civilian?: Civilian with a weapon

Weapons: http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FR1/5YG5/FEAHE7B1/FR15YG5FEAHE7B1.MEDIUM.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11982/1173119-gb_guide_l4d_pistol_super.png

http://www.punisherknife.com/history_files/HistoryL10.jpg

Bio: Ace was born into a very porr class family. her dad was a mechanic turned soldier, her mother a nurse, so basically both of her parents were pulled into the war. One day her mother was acting weird and decided to kill and eat her father. Well Ace had to decide what to do, so instead of letting her mother kill her and infect alot of other people, Ace had to kill her own mother. Ever since that day, Ace has never felt "human" and has never been able to get close to anyone. She ended up at D7 by complete accident. She was just driving around and when the great outbreak and alot of those things came her way, she killed a few of them, but decided to hide in the Dome. Well that really didn't last long, the monsters attacked it and killed almost everyone in the Dome, all except those who like herself were able to get free and head to another safe place.

Appearance: http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/original/Alexa_Davalos_4a8efe91dfd1c.jpg

\/Ģin
12-24-2009, 03:07 PM
nonangelic92 accepted. Welcome to the RP :D

P.S. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Anne Bonny
12-24-2009, 05:46 PM
I want to play! I want to!

I'll do a cs as soon as I can!

nonangelic92
12-24-2009, 07:38 PM
sweetness thanks dude

Totenglaut
12-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Name: Januarie Morrise (http://www.dnamodels.com/sites/dnasite/modelphoto/3249_09-2008_D+%2526+G_Italy_front_3.jpg)

Sex: Male

Military or Civilian?: Civilian

Weapons: Machete not that he knows how to use it very well

Bio: Januarie's family was never near the war. His mother came from old money and his father was on Wallstreet they never wanted to for much. Januarie's twin sister Aprille however was pulled into the war because she was a doctor. While Aprille was away at war both parents were killed and eaten by an Arxen. Januarie made it to D7 hoping to see Aprille had made it there. However when she wasn't there Januarie pulled into himself and became almost completely silent he responds only when forced to and then only in monosyballics. He heard rumors that Aprille or someone like her was at D9. Since then he's become slightly more animated showing the most life he has in months.

((The link in the name is what he looks like))

\/Ģin
12-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Alright Toten. I accept. Welcome to the RP.

Anne, you're more than welcome to join... :D I'll be waiting.

mere
12-24-2009, 10:54 PM
This sounds awesome, I'm in. I'll get a sheet up when I feel creative.

\/Ģin
12-24-2009, 11:07 PM
This sounds awesome, I'm in. I'll get a sheet up when I feel creative.

lol when you get creative? I know (personally) how that is.

AliceMalice15
12-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Name: Vivienne Calowell

Sex:Female

Military or Civilian?:Military -rank: Colonel

Weapons:anything and evrything she can get her hands on but mostly guns and knives.

Bio:She has been fighting on the war ever since she enlisted. She has seen evrything there is to see of it. She has also had several close encounters with the Arxen and has alwaysd managed to kill or elude them. She had been stationed in D7 so she could stay out of the fighting, not that it helped. She was raised in the Bronx and learned to defend herself well. She dosen't like to be criticized or challenged, so beware the wrath of Vivienne. She is tough but fair on everything and is always glad to give advice. What she doesn't know though is that she is actually a military funded experiment. So she is faster, smarter, and more flexible than a normal human.

Apperance:http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4827/animegirl012.jpg

Ghexn
12-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Hmm, this has gotten my attention. I'll put a cs up later if I can find the time to do one.

\/Ģin
12-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I a little concerned about the genetic enhanced human part, but at the same time it fits the plot...so I'm gonna let it run and see how that idea works.

You're accepted :D

Welcome to the RP!

AliceMalice15
12-26-2009, 06:25 PM
ok cool if you want her to lose the extra abilities i can come up with something in the Rp. So if it's not working let me know and I'll get rid of them!

\/Ģin
12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
It's cool alice. I just don't want a character who overpowers the other players too much, but I got the feeling you know the line between godmod and character abilities.

P.S. I'm giving one more day for sheets. Afterwards, this hits the road.

nonangelic92
12-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Yay!!!! Vein I love you

\/Ģin
12-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Yay!!!! Vein I love you

O.O

\/Ģin
12-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Name: Vein Clasm

Sex: M

Military or Civilian?: Military

Weapons: M-16 Assault Rifle, 3 Frag Grenades, Issued Combat Knife.

Bio: His unit was lost during the invasion. Vein in the last moment managed to get away and join up with the evacuating team. He now tries his best to protect those around him.

\/Ģin
12-27-2009, 07:43 PM
The IC is up :D

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=93419#post93419

Anne Bonny
12-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Hope you don't mind another chick tagging along, Vein! My profile was done briefly, but hopefully it works. I hope to do more character development in story. :)

Name: Kay Winton

Sex: female

Military or Civilian?: Military (field medic)

If neither of above, specify: n/a

Weapons: 2 Desert Eagle semi-automatic handguns

Bio: Kay had wanted to be a doctor for as long as she could remember, but as she got older and witnessed the state of the world grow worse and worse, her conscience would only allow her to take up a role as a military medic. The idea of saving just a few more humans is sometimes the only thing that keeps her going.

\/Ģin
12-29-2009, 05:47 AM
lol...I don't mind. Have you looked at my sheet, it's hardly lengthy.

You're accepted Anne. Enjoy. :D

Anne Bonny
12-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks Vein! I plan to!

Totenglaut
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
We have a lot of estrogen here....
Ah well

moabete
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Will join if you are still accepting.

Name: Leo Danichi

Sex: male

Military or Civilian?: Military rank: General

Weapons: XM8 Carbine with its 4 different variants http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/148444/80448630.jpg
.45 Magnum, Combat knife
Bio: Fought ever since he could hold a gun ever since his Dome was compromised he has been struggling to survive he never made it to the evac in time so he has been alone in this fight. He is very smart and learned to hide from most of them but they are evolving so they are getting harder to avoid. With them not talking he had to train his eyes to see them more clearly.

\/Ģin
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Hmm...general at 22 is a little lucky if you ask me, but nonetheless i'll accept :D

Welcome to the RP

moabete
01-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks i figured since you where at page 4 already that there would be no more spots left