PDA

View Full Version : The Skahvynlyn Tale (IC)

roan
12-24-2009, 09:43 PM
The Royal Palace
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/Bummer05/Realms/Phedailin_Palace_by_treijim.jpg
-One thing that the picture does not have that is important is a very large landing balcony for those in flight to arrive that leads to the Grande Hall.

The enormous structure was built nearly seventeen thousand years ago by the first eight member of the dragon court. Viktorio, a respected female of The Court, was the head architecture. She spent nearly all her years supervising the construction, checking back to her original plans for possible portion redesigns. The Royal Palace needed to be able to accommodate at least two-hundred of the largest dragons in the realm if ever the occasion called. It required the utmost magnificent décor that Skahvynlyn had to offer and absolutely needed to be near indestructible to the most powerful of magiks. It is a wondrous construction that is located in the capitol of the realm: Feytrion.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._ ._._._._._._._

It was growing near a fortnight since the arrival of the first onyx dragon. The Court was on the tips of their talons with worry for their kind and the safety of the humans they shared their land with. The individuals that were sent for would arrive today, and woe to those that didn’t show. Their death would travel on swift wings should anyone refuse The Court’s request. Jewleria, the youngest female of The Court, stood on the balcony overlooking the courtyard below. The indigo blue of her scales caught the sun, making them shine like brilliant gems.

She was a beautiful dragoness, no one could deny that, but her heart and mind was what placed her within The Court. Today, the elite would show, and she alone would greet them. With a contemplative sigh she turned and entered the grande hall. The ceilings were nearly four-hundred feet tall, a concave mosaic of color. Since the palace’s completion nearly everything stayed in its original form. Lady Viktorio, Jewleria thought to herself as she gazed at the long dead portrait of her hanging from a wall, what a marvel she was.

Suddenly a tingle ran down Jewleria’s spine and immediately she looked in the direction of the balcony. “Here they come.”

Ushima
12-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Fafner awoke, cold sweat and breathing heavily. He hated when the court contacted him like that, it always effected him."Damn." He let out a heavy sigh and got out of bed. From the second floor he descended the stairs to the first. He grabbed a cup from the table and drank.

Tossing a small fireball he lit the fiepit. The light showed a long row of bookcases, filled with ancient texts and spellbooks. "I can always tell whe you're up to something old friend." A voice filled the room.

"King Lucien, you always know what's going on in your castle." Fafner bowed before the King of Arathi. "I'm being called by the court. You must understand this is something I cannot ignore." Fafner looked at the king, he was young at twenty eight.

"I understand." Lucien watched Fafner put his gear on. "In your absence your treasure will be protected as per your agreement." Fafner nodded. "The other Generals will have to step up."

"They're more than capable I'm sure." The two men shook hands. "Stay strong my friend."

"You to Fafner." Lucien watched Fafner depart, soon went to the window and looked out to the courtyard. Minutes later Fafner appeared and took to the sky.

-

Fafner was flying for what had been four hours. The distance Between the Country of Arathi and The Court wasn't that great. His dark scales made him invisible in the darkness, though it was approaching dawn soon. Fafner had red markings over his body and a red jewel in the center of his head. A large white jagged line diagonal on his face.

-

The large black dragon landed on the platform and let out a mighty roar announcing his arrival. Instead of wating for someone to greet him he walked into the castle toward the grand hall. He knew the way as he'd been here multiple times. A blue dragon was standing there. "jewleria, how nice to see you again." Fafner greeted.

Falcon Red
12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
"C'mon Blane, we could use your metamorphises as an excellent side show. It'd keep the audience wondering, and pouring in."

Clearance the ring leader of the circus had Blane in his office for his weekly plea to use Blane's dragon side as a show in the circus. Blane already showed off enough with his fire tricks that he didn't want more attention drawn to him. Of course the entire camp knew what he was, but that's how things were in circus life, no secrets, and you helped out everyone in your family. That's what you were, family.

"I'm sorry Clearance, but I can't do that. I need a certain...." Blane's eyes rolled in the back of his head as his mind went blank, and was filled with a white room. He was in his red scaled dragon form, surrounded by the council. By dragons much older than he by a long shot.

It was a few moments before Blane came too. His eyes rolled back and he shook his head, Clearance was smacking his cheek trying to stir him awake. "Jeese kid, don't do that to me again, I nearly wet myself."

"I'm sorry sir. I need to go, I will be back, but the council has called me. I can't ignore them."

The seriousness in Blane's eyes stopped the plump, balding ring leader from arguing. "You go kid, your trailer will be here for you when you get back."

"Thank you sir."

Without another word, Blane ran outside and jumped into the air turning into his heavily muscled serpintine body, red scales shimmering as his wings flapped speedily raising him into the air. Once he was in a comfortable steady glide, he let out a roar of goodbye to his friends and flew to the Royal Palace.

----

The palace came into view. He circled around the structure, lowering altitude all the whlie until he reached the landing platform. He landed with his back feet out, slowly lowering to his hands. He was able to walk on two legs and stand, but it was much more comfortable going for legs. He walked to the door and allowed himself entry.

Blane himself hadn't been to the palace much himself, he was just a performer what was his buisness here? Yet he had heard rumors of Fafner, and he had met Jewleria on a few occasions so he curled his lips into a smile and nodded. "Good day, looking lovely as always Jewleria." Blane stood up onto his hind legs and bowed in respect to her before navigating along the halls a bit more leaving the two to talk.

spirits breath
12-28-2009, 01:12 AM
The walls shimmered, reflections bouncing off eachother to form a hazy blur. A cool breeze formed, brought on by a sudden exaust of air from Haid'ku's lungs.

He lied there, front left arm twitched. A dragon, possibly female seemed to talk to him. His eyes peeled open reluctantly. Haid'ku lifted up his head, searching for the intruding guest. Still he heard some message about a councel meeting, and nobody seemed to be in the cave with him. "Who is there, I command you to show yourself." No reply was heard except his own.

He pushed up, using his left hind leg to push up onto all fours. His tail bushed behind him, body cooling off. Yet it felt comfortable. But then again sleeping on and around ice leaves that impression on most. councel meetings, again. We just had one some time ago. Now which way was it?

Walking slowely, he walked on the surface of the icy floor to his little stream. He lapped at the water, moistening his throat and getting something for the way there without passing out. He stepped back, his tounge licking his scaly lips. The cave grew brighter, and ice dissapeared a little. He was, outside.

The sun reflected off of his bright blue scales, gleaming like a small gemstone engraved on a crown. His claws pressed into the soft ground. He spoke softly to himself. Facing towards the entrance to his cave by looking over his back. The wind ruffled the main along his spine. "If I land comming in that way. Then that means the councel must be in about... this way?" His body curved on itself towards a arch in a mountain.

He walked forwards, gaining speed slowely and ice broke off of his body to land onto the warmer ground. He gained speed and spread his wings out. As he was in a galloping sort, he stated to flap. Wind curving out beneith him as he pushed off with his strong hind legs. The first few flaps, always the hardest, but once he was able to level off to near cloud level. The air no longer melting away at his peice of home.

Flying for what seemed like a few hours, kept company by thoughts of what the councel would need him for raced back and forth. Out of the side of his right eye, he saw the top of a spire. Well a familiar spire with a nice large entrance to go along it. Forming a wide arc, Haid'ku turned towards the spires opening. Flapping once again to gain altitude, and spreading his wings out for gliding.

As he neared the opening, he looked for any other incoming dragons. None were within sight. He arched his neck up, forcing his body to follow. He flapped against the momentum he had, slowing his decent considerably. He landed with a heavy thud, it was inevitable, needed a bit more time to slow down, and the room felt warm with the air thinner.

A female guided him towards a large room. Course, Haid'ku wasn't focused on the ground she walked on, but up a bit by the tail base.

"Enjoy the view?" As Haid'ku looked up at her face, it gave her an oportune moment to tail whip him in the face. His head followed the path of the tail, feeling a familiar stinging sensation.

He stepped back, cheeks darkening to a purple. "Sorry, just trying to remember you... well to let my kin know who they will have the pleasure of meeting them one day."

"Oh, kin is what you are looking for? Well, then they can see their father become a mother." She glared, baring her teeth.

Haid'ku had nothing to say. Head waiting for another impact, with eyes closed. Nothing could have prepared him for what happened next. She nudged him with her head, and tail whiped his rear. "You just have to go in the open doors to the right. Mabie we shall meet again soon under different circumstances. As well as face to face so you aren't staring at my lower underbelly."

"Guess this is a bad time to tell you I am kinless. Though, I still say you look rather... enchanting."

"I should have told you my name. Tis Mariana."

"Haid'ku. I must be going, and we shall see eachother again. You can always stay besides me in my place..."
Haid'ku gave a cheery smile, and walked down the hall. He turned right, and into a large room with a few dragons. Each of them unknown to him. "Haid'ku. You summoned me?"

He looked at the other dragons present, a shining gem atop ones head. The black and red dragon, such a foreign looking build. Yet some bard's tale spoke of. Whatever breed he was.

He walked over, and sat on the ground across a table of the fellow drakes. "Where are you from? Haven't seen you before to my knowledge." He shuffled in place, curling his tail to his front legs. "You see Mariana? She seems to like me. Palidin' my game, defend some for some wealth. Others for cause. One of those things that would haunt you for the rest of your memory until it fades away. One day I don't have to hunt for food. How about you red, what do you do?"

Ceala
12-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Ramira sat in the back corner of the crowded tavern, her eyes glued to the rather fat, obnoxiously loud man across the room. The man had wealth and was out tonight to flaunt it. His clothes, made of only the best materials and covered in only the most ornate embroidery seemed out of place on such an ugly creature. He looked almost like a circus clown in his ridiculous outfit, the bright colors just screaming "Rob me! Rob me!".

Ramira lifted her cup to her mouth and tipped it upwards, letting the pungent liquid splash against her closed lips and then back into the cup. As a rule, she stayed away from alcohol. It only served to dull the mind she had spent her entire life sharpening. But you couldn't stay in the tavern unless you bought something, so Ramira continued to "drink" her mead.

She had studied him long enough. He was armed with a small knife, but his body language suggested he had never used it. He was paying for round after round of drinks out of a small bag of gold coins tied on the left side of his belt, but that was not where the real prize lied. Under the cloth of his coat, Ramira could see the distinctive contour of cut gems. He had several stored in the inside pocket, the precise identity of which she wouldn't be able to tell until she had successfully lifted them.

She stood up, pulling her hood down further over her eyes as she strode towards the exit, making sure to pass the fat man on they way. As she passed him, they collided; Ramira's hand slipping into his pocket.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light in Ramira's mind. She tried to resist it, her fingertips brushing against the silk bag surrounding her objective, but there was no defying the council. She cursed, falling to the ground without the jewels and covered in spilled beer.

"Yoooushsh doin' fine there, hhhuun?" the fat man asked, so drunk his words were barely distinguishable.

Ramira stood up and practically ran out of the door, the man forgotten. What did the council want with her? It had been so long since she had been in her dragon form that she had assumed they didn't even know she existed.

She sighed. She was within riding distance of the capital, so she wouldn't have to fly. Thankfully, she mounted her horse and was on her way. Hopefully the palace had a stable.

It was daytime before she reached the grand palace. She gazed up at the ornate building, not even pretending to hide her disgust. So much wealth concentrated in one gaudy location, and for what? She knew a few starving human children who could live for a week off of the money spent on a single brick of the elegant marble that surrounded her.

There were several dragons about, all talking. Ramira recognized a few, but she hung around in the background neither speaking nor taking on her dragon shape. For now she would just listen. Hopefully this was all some big mistake and she would be gone within the next few days.

"Of course," she thought looking around, "that would be after I've raided as much as I can carry from this hideous monstrosity."

Ushima
12-28-2009, 03:47 AM
"Name's Fafner, son of Fafnir." Fafner nodded at the bluish white dragon before him. He seemed ok, Fafner was good at judging character. "I'm a Mercenary, but usually I stay within the Castle of Arathi and I'm one of King Lucien's generals. Its easy, once the enemy hears the Arcane Knight is on the battlefield they turn and run with their tails between their legs." Fafner chuckled. "I'm sure you've heard the rumors about me, Arcane Knights at least."

Fafner decided to elaborate more. "Arcane Knights represent a perfect balance between magic and physical combat. Now I'm sure you've heard how brutal us Knights turn out to be, and I can say that rumor is entirely true." Fafner paused, repressed memories came back but he didn't let them bother him. "So you're a defender? Let us hope you never end up protecting something I have to get to."

Ceala
12-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Ramira held to the few shadows in the room, her ears open. She had passed unnoticed so far, but in a room full of dragons, that was bound to change sooner or later. There were beings far more powerful than her present in this room and Ramira had found that in this case (as well as in most other cases), the best plan of action was to simply draw the smallest amount of attention to herself as possible.

She studied the one called Fafner carefully. She could tell by his gait that he was a warrior, the words he exchanged with the ice-colored dragon confirming this theory. As for the ice dragon himself, she was having a hard time pining him down. He had a sense of humor, at least; a trait Ramira had always appreciated in a person be he dragon or human.

The only other female dragon in sight, Jewleria Fafner had called her, was one of the most beautiful dragons Ramira had ever seen. Considering the fact that she had effectively removed herself from the dragon community centuries ago, that put Jewleria at the top of a rather short list. Either way, Ramira was jealous, but she tried not to show it.

The last dragon in the room, a large red creature whose name she hadn't caught yet, was obviously a performer. He was strong, but not in the hardened way of a soldier. Every move he made hinted to a level of flexibility and grace that was unique to those of the preforming class. His scales were good-looking enough; Ramira caught herself wondering what his human form looked like and turned away from the dragon, focusing again on her surroundings. Patiently studying the room for any easily accessible valuable objects, she waited for others to arrive.

Falcon Red
12-28-2009, 06:24 AM
My Bad It was late and I misunderstood a post haha

spirits breath
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
The gem seemed to sparkle as the black and red dragon before him, went by the name Fafner talked. It sparkled with the light and seemed to demand attention. Luckely it was by his eyes so it looked like he was looking at his eyes. Two words stuck out to him that brought Haid'ku out of a trance...arcane knight.

When Fafner stoped talking, he moved back a little. "I have heard of the arcane knights, let me guess. Your element of choice is fire. Least your blades are clean when they are finished. The battlefeilds... disgusting! Have you no respect at all for those you have killed? They are dead, or dieing. guess that is where that red came from?" He looked over to the door, some puny human was here.

His eyes closed as a part of his memory seemed to spark. The one time, before he became a defender, the time when a death of an innocent was cause by him. it was a pathetic way to go, freezing to death while trying to hide from some a family rivalry. The least he could have done was shelter her, get her some of the pelts he had from eating.

His head shook quickly, eyes opening slowely. He spoke quietly. "Nevermind that. Just something I regretted doing. "Let me ask you this, if you were in a extreamly cold place. Somebody came to hide, possibly ask for a single gold coin to get food, would you shelter them from the cold or let them have a simple coin?"

His right front arm went up to his head, pressing the main down and rubbing his left eye and then dropped slowely. As the red dragon, adressed as Blane told a little about his history. He wondered how it would work if he tried to do what he did. His face cringed slightly. "I would never work with fire, would end up dead before I got through a ring!" He pushed out a nervous laugh, quickly subsiding.

He looked over at both of the two dragons, almost past them to the wall. "My name is Haid'ku. Defender, and paladin. I work with ice, as you two with fire. As you can assume, I do live surrounded by ice. It is comfortable, to me anyways." He looked at the door, flicking his head back and motioning with his left claw for the human girl to enter.
"I can only assume we are here, to create some sort of peace talk. Or to get perspectives on a situation. I hope that we can get a new way for the councel to contact us. I am training to block out these kind of things. Have to, or you will have a bit of frost on your scales."

He looked over at Fafner, speaking sort of deeply. "If we shall have problems with our goals, then you may need to sharpen your claws. I will not fail, and at least we know eachothers names. As I will bring you down. But you may live. And each coin has two sides, I hope it doesn't come to that."

Totenglaut
12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
The female smiled at the fallen man. Her white teeth glistening. "That should be a warning to you don't ever touch me again" Her voice was clear and sweet it fit her appearance if not what she was saying. She was small. Tiny really but she'd just downed that big fellow without so much as a sweat.

Something flashed behind her eyes. Silver blinked. Great a council meeting. She'd be late because she was so far away and to say the least her dragon form was small. She stepped on the man's hand on her way out. "Adieu"

Once outside she took the form of a small blue dragon. Her wings shimmered with many colors. She was delicate and small, hardly the form you'd think an asassin would take. She took off gracefully her shimmering wings catching the sunlight in a mesmerizing fashion. the angel was just right that she appeared to be leaving a trail of incandesance as she flew.

The little female absently pushed her dead down to streamline her body and pushed her wings down hard. The effect had her shooting forward but she'd still be late. Hmph, you'd think they'd call me earlier they know well enough how small I am. She touched down lightly her claws clinking on the ground.

She looked around seeing a small gathering off to her right. Yes that would be the best. Silver approached slowly. The delicate, little female dragon felt out of place as soon as she entered. At five feet she was at the very bottom of the spectrum compared to them. She poked her nose in. "I hope I'm not late." She said bringing her shimmering wings closer to her body to fit past someone. As in her human form Silver's voice befit how she appeared but it carried well so if she were speaking to a large group she wouldn't have to shout. Jewelria was familiar everyone else certainly wasn't.

There was another red, female bigger than Silver by only a foot or two. And many males. One who was black and red with a jewel on his forehead. Another who was pure red. And the last whom Silver had just squeezed past was big blue and frankly frightening. She recognized his race if not him. Ice dragon, mentally she clicked off all the other races of dragons present and smiled to herself. Only one of each it appeared.

Ceala
12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Ramira watched as a small female approached the group. The ice dragon had motioned for Ramira to enter the group, but she stayed away, watching and listening. The addition of the new, small female provided enough distraction for Ramira to sllip out of Haid'ku's direct line of vision.

The new female, the smallest one there (that is, disregarding Ramira who was still in human form), was also a beautiful dragoness, but something about her seemed threatening. She looked harmless enough, but there was something about the way the dragon moved that unnerved Ramira. Despite her petite build and musical voice, something about her just felt... dangerous. She had to be some sort of hired warrior; a mercenary or assassin perhaps.

Ramira felt horribly out of place here. Among the humans she spent so much of her time with, she had always held a sense of superiority. Here, though, she had no such luxury. The feeling was extremely unsettling, but she didn't let it show. Instead, she studied those around her for the emotions betrayed by their words, faces, and body language. Best she kept on guard, just in case.

Shin.Aether
12-28-2009, 09:26 PM
It had been a little later that the majestic Ryaetherjin arrived. His draconic form was a vast size, at nearly thirty feet long. His scales were thought to be some kind of solid sentient matter. Though they appeared to be pure ivory in nature, light seemed to be captured by them like nmeautic matter.

Opal hued eyes look below as two straight horns guided his flightpath. Six wings lifted to slow his descent as a breath was exuded to slow his landing. The dragons forward and hind legs latched into the earth, as it reached up, with his hind legs arching his back up. The claws of the dragon clapped twice as an aura surrounded his enigmatic form.

Divine Metamorphosis's had not been seen by any draconic kind in the seventeen thousand years this palace had been built. A man emerged from the divine plume of majestic power. He wore a black cloke over similiarly strange Gaijin Gear from a far away land. The black material looked form fitting, the two Katana's on each side had a purpose. And that was to serve the needs and emotions of the bearer.

His calculatingly raptorlike eyes watched the Palace in a thick silence. As if deciding whether this place was worth his trek. He acknowledged that though his people were not the ones who built this fortress of sorts. They were the people who all sacrificed everything, to make sure it was completed. The distant relatives of the Shinraetherjins plaid the price of blood and family, that sacrifice held the price of the blood oath. A most sacred of promises to his kind.

Even without the Runes that his ancestors provided, some had faded in the annals of time itself. But they could always be retraced, if he found his ancestors rune hidding places. The hardest part was to find the Divine Shard, that powered the runes and magical barriers in around the grounds.

"Why must I leave my post, to remind them of history my great great great great great great great Grandfather had to face?"

Serzio Aether pondered it without voicing much emotion. The two katana's were ornamented in the same materials. However one was more powerful then the other, and was the heirloom of his ancestors. Cusping the left handle of the blade he seemed to be using the sword as an antenna. For whatever he was searching for, it left him standing for ten minutes in silence. When eventually he felt the prescense of other Dragonkind nearby. This meeting made his stomach worry about a threat.

Calmly he lifted the sheath of the Hikariihanii and pressed it to the ground. Using the sheath to push a hole to the surface of the ground. While Serzio knealt down closing his senses off one at a time. He was trying to filter out the noise of so many coming nearby. Just to feel that familiar power his family had placed in the Runes themselves. He was surprised when he couldn't feel them anymore.

That meant that the Rune had lost power over the millenia. Or that there was no power to provide for the ancestral magic seal. Did it mean the palace had lost power over time?

A curious expression overcame him; he wondered if the present owners were aware of all the powerful spellforms inside the Palace. Or if in fact they knew nothing about them and the power source had been stollen.

roan
12-30-2009, 11:30 PM
GM Post:

The long black and red form that seemed to slither like a snake in the air grew closer and closer before making a mighty arrival roar. When Jewl recognized the dragon as an acquaintance she moved forward slowly as she spoke, her green talons clicking softly on the magnificently tiled floor. “Fafner, an honor, I assure you. Long journey from Arathi,” Jewleria said as she neared but her attention soon wavered when yet another arrived. “Ah, the performer, Blane.” She said to Fafner before making eye contact with the other dragon. “Greetings.” As he made his way farthing into the hall she called out to Blane in his curiosity, “Don’t go too far. When everyone has arrived we shall then meet with the rest of The Court.”

A chill came to the hall quickly before dispersing, as it did the source arrived, an ice dragon with a rapscallion look about him. “Yes, Haid’ku. Everything will be fully explained soon. Help yourself to anything you would like.” Speaking a bit more loudly so that everyone would hear her she turned her head in the direction of a long table along the wall which suddenly filled with an assortment of foods and drinks. Both dragon and human sized should they decide to shift.

A small time passed before another presence came into the grande hall. The human female seemed like she wished to be unnoticed but Jewl would have none of it. After politely excusing herself from Fafner while he spoke to the other males she approached the female. “Hello. You must be. . . Ramira. Wonderful to meet you! I’m Jewleria and welcome to The Palace.” Ramira was probably wondering at this moment how could Jewleria know of her but The Court had their way of knowing everything in the realm. They had many who spied for them, even killed. With such a thought in mind the smallest of their kind appeared on the balcony, sounding like a bird with her small but lovely wings. Turning her elegant neck Jewl looked to the fearie dragon named Silverwind. It had been many years since The Court had seen Silver, and one of the first names to be spoken when the threat of the onyx came. It gave Jewl a bit of peace when she arrived. “Good evening old friend.”

Falcon Red
12-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Blane turned his head still walking straight sending a wink at Jewleria to let her know he heard, and turned back walking slightly deeper into the palace, still within hearing in case he was called. The walls were molded with the history of the dragonkind. The particular section he was studying was the building of the palace itself.

The history of this place always inspired Blane, the greatness of his ancestors, of the council, of the dragons as a whole. True he didn't pay much attention to the politics of anything, but the dragons were respected without fear from the humans, so they must be doing something right.

As Blane studied the wall, he turned his head feeling a pair of eyes watching him. He scanned the room, but the eyes left him, but not before he found the origin. It was a girl. A human girl. That's weird, what was a dragon doing here in human form. Shaking his head he turned back looking more at the moldings, of battles, treaties. The treaty that interested him the most was the one with the humans.

He gazed at the molding turning his head making sure he was out of site. With no dragons in sight, he transformed to his human form. Black pants loosely hanging off his legs, tanned moccasin boots, and a red underarmour short sleeve shirt defining his muscled torso. Blane lifted his hand, touching the faces of both humans and dragons in the molding. He lived with humans now, they were his family, a smile came to his face thanking the councils of the past.

spirits breath
12-31-2009, 03:16 PM
The large table, giving itself a new use besides a resting spot sprouted various foods and drinks. He pushed back off the table, some dish of seasoned meat collided with his elbow, and paused in its location. He looked at the table, eyes wide, and tounge salivating a bit as his snout seemed to go into sensory overdrive of the many scents.

He brought his arm up, using his long tounge to lick off the remains of the seasoning, and juices from his elbow. He placed his right arm back down, sliding it against the table slowely. He sat with all of his paws on the ground, his maw closed as he swallowed some of the saliva that pooled under his tounge.

A some warmth passed by his back, as well as next to him. His head turned, as his neck made an upwards and backwards turn to face the presence. As he tried to look away, he couldn't really. As she walked by, he noticed the small dragon was female, as no bulge in between her legs was able to tell that. He looked up at her face, realizing that he was doing something to intimidate her.

He looked back around him, seeing some opening to get lower. He knew a feeling of being smaller than someone, and that person with a large set of teeth didn't seem to prove comforting. He croutched down, in an almost lieing stance. He lowered his head to slightly above her head. A gave a smile, and his mouth opened. "Greetings, you may call me Haid'ku. You aren't late, but rather just in time." His eyes tracked a few colors swirling around on her wings. Distorienting his head. His body wobbled a bit as his head bobbed around as the colors moved around.

He used his left arm to stop his head from moving around, amd closed his eyes to shake off some influence. He looked at her again. "Well, you seem to be quite...enchanting. And you must have had a long journey, you are giving off heat an I am sure you can heat up any of these platters." He looked at himself, knowing full well that if he could feel her warmth, she could feel his cold. He tried to sound apologenic. "You may have to excuse my temperature. I can't really control it as it is what I am. I am sorry if I give you some chills, and again, I have no control over that. Please, enjoy something. You must be famished, as I know I am."

He pushed up, slowely rising to a sitting position. He gathered a few different kinds of meats, some fruit, and a bit of some unknown concoction. He brought slab of meat, some animals leg as it seemed. He brought it up close to his mouth, slowely emitting a small cone of ice, soon solidifying the hunk of meat. As he waited a little bit, breathing again, he stuck the thigh into his mouch and closed his scaly lips around it. He bit down fast, some peices breaking off against the sides of his mouth. He pulled the rest of the leg out, the bony calve of what the animal once was.

He noticed it was venisin, or some other member of the deer family. He chewed it a bit, gamy little bits of the venisin scattered about. He swallowed it and began to drink some of a thick tasting drink. It seemed pulpy, and sweet. The color was a yellow orange mix.

"So Fafner, I have to ask. How is it? You know being a mercinary? Is it as it is portrayed, with access to some unknown group, several kingdomes offering immense wealth for destroying another nation. I can't suppose it is similar to what I do." A small grin formed after his last few words. He took another sip of his drink.

He turned his head to the side, seeing Jewleria, gave a wink, and turned slowely to the small dragon next to him. His muscles in his neck seemed to move the scles themselves outward, as a few hairs of his maign rose naturaly. "You seemed a bit wary of me. I wouldn't hurt you unless given a strong reason too. I would rather avoid the councels wrath. Might make a nice roast, I don't seem to have much on me, and it wouldn't take that much to de scale me. Nevermind that part, I seem to have went on about some odd thought. "

He brushed his tail against his stomach. "I am a defender, that as well as a paladin and I uhh."He shook his head again. "I seem to be enticed by your scales. How do they do that? And when you are close, it seems to effect me. I don't mind though, reminds me of an old tale I was told. Some human fokelore. Course I was in human form, but it gave me the creeps at the end. They used to hunt us dragons, and some still have heirlooms of our ancestors."

His eyes blinked, and his wings opened a little and closed again. He took another sip of his drink.

Totenglaut
12-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Silver had not seen Jewel in a long while. "It's good to see you too, old friend" She said politely. They hadn't talked for a while but Silver had enjoyed the other female's company when she had visited the Palace more often.

She turned to Haid'Ku as he spoke. "Hello, Haid'Ku. I am called Silverwind or just Silver if you prefer" She listened as he spoke aware that cold was rolling off him in waves. But then she was warm she had always been warm Faerie dragon's blood was heated it helped to keep them warm or their small bodies would freeze at the heights that they often flew.

A smile tugged up the corners of her mouth as Haid'Ku spoke once more. "Not you just your size. We Fae Dragons have to learn to avoid being stepped on." She added gently. She hadn't touched the food finding that she wasn't all that hungry. Though the journey had been long Silver had eaten beforehand. She would hunger soon and when she did she'd eat.

She listened to Haid'Ku speak amused that he was seemingly hypnotised by the moving colors of her wings and body. Most Faerie Dragons had some like it the shimmering waves of color were indigenous to them. And sometimes used for nefarious purposes. There was many a human legend that described Fae males enticing a young woman away from her family with their myriad of colors. If any such ancestor had been he hadn't left a lasting mark for now the Faerie Dragon was known as one of the most peaceful-natured dragons.

"It's not a conscious thing," She said softly, "It has to do with the condition of our scales something about them reflects all the color in a room or the sun. It also helps when you want catch small prey if a rabbit's hynoptized it's much easier to catch than one that can still run"

Ushima
01-01-2010, 04:45 AM
When food appeared on the table Fafner's stomach coincidently roared. He chuckled. "Pardon, haven't eaten in awhile." The gem on his head flashed brightly and when the light disappeared he was standing in human form. He looked about twenty in age, a katana hung on his left side, hiswore a tight shirt, pants and boots which wall were a dark red. Two gauntlets with metal plates on his forearms. On his upper left arm a serpent like dragon with a pair of wings was branded on him.

As he was eating the ice dragon, Haid'Ku, asked him some simple questions. "Some of what you say is true. Some mercenaries do form groups, as I'm sure you've heard of groups as the Tigers in the Bavodin deserts to the south and The Shadows in Winterhaven." Fafner took a large swig of wine before continuing. "Now there is no mercs in Arathi simply because I'd more than likely exterminate them. And seeing as I'm the only one there it is simple for one to find me if my services are required.

Fafner paused as Silver came in. Giving the new arrival a quick nod. "Now the most simple things I've done are item retrival and security details. I've rescued people from capture, overthrew a town's deranged leader." He looked into his cup, his blue eyes a stark contrast to his dragon form. "I haven't brought down a nation but I have come close. Luckily for Kila they were able to work out a treaty with Arathi before I began my assault on their capital. It was after that three year war I was made general but thats a story for another time." He laughed as he traced the long scar on his face. "There was also the time I was hired to slay a dragon that was attacking supply caravans. Thats how I got this scar." He let the story hang, if they wanted to know more they would ask him and he'd be more than happy to elaborate.

Barakna
01-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Thax sat in his human form. Meditating. As some sort of vision entered his mind. He was summoned by the council.
Thax recalled his old mentor, speaking of this so called council. "Hmpf. Why should I come to them? Their problems matter little in the Veil." He muttered to himself and continued meditating.

"But then again." he thought. "Father always said: There is always a first time for anything." This might become a good opportunity. If all went well he could further improve his grasp over the arcane. For whatever reasons the council had called for him. It might turn out interesting atleast.
Not only that but he'd be the first Ether dragon outside the Veil since the elders grandfather. Thax's interested had been sparked. He rose from his meditation and went outside his cavern, which he had formed using magic several hundred years ago.

He transformed into his dragon form. A massive dark leviathan, wicked in appearence. He jumped down from the entrence and spread his wings. He begun flapping his wings. So he could get the neccesary altitude in order to leave the Veil. He had a long trip ahead of him. The vision had shown him the castles location.

After Thax crossed the border of the Veil. He suddenly realised how secluded the Ether dragons actually lived. Outside the Veil. It was green and full of life.
Everywhere he looked were things he had only heard described by the elder. Trees, grass and many more. Life here seemed like it would be alot easier than that of the Veil.

Night turned to dawn and Thax needed something to drink beforee he continued the journey. It had been long since Thax last quenched his thirst. He saw a lake near a small village which looked suitable. He glided down and landed. Ground trembling under his massive size.
He lowered his head and drank some of the water from the lake. He was surprised to find no small cystals or rocks in it. It tasted... fresh? Clean? He wasn't sure. But it was an odd sensation nonetheless. Atleast when you had been accustomed to various impurities in the water back home.

As he was drinking. Thax suddenly heard a scream. Lifting his head to see where it originated from. He spotted a small being. A human female to be exact. She had a terrified look on her face as she beheld the massive dragon. Thax was wondering why she was screaming. Apparently, he wasn't aware of how wicked Ether dragons looked with their twisted looking wings and their dark raven-like appearence. Or the fact that it looked like all light was being sucked away from the area sorrounding him.
Thirst quenched. Thax spread his wings again and flew away from the lake. The woman had left moments before, still screaming.

Dawn turned to day before the towering spires of the castle came into seight. And it took another hour before Thax landed on the balcony he had seen in the vision. The ground shaking as he dropped his large body onto it.
He walked into a massive room, which were already occupied by several other dragons. This surprised Thax a little. "This should be interesting." He spotted a few humans among them. "Properly some dragons in human form." he thought. Most were currently eating from a large table with a various assortment of meat and vegetables. Thax couldn't recognize any of the foods present.
He walked over to one of the corners and sat there. Eyeing the others. He seemed to be the tallest dragon present. Atleast compared to those in dragon form. For some reason this amused him.

spirits breath
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
The room seemed to arise in aromas, settling up high with steam filled platters of food. Haid'ku's own amusement seemed to end up with a stumble back a bit. A smile pressed his cheeks back, some of his upper fangs showed. "I suppose being stepped on could ruin your day." He lifted up his rear left leg. "Course being crushed is the least of your concerns if I stepped on you. My talons aren't meant to let things go easily, as is any one elses here. but you would end up climbing onto my blind side and strip me of my wings before I can toss you off...that or have a place to live where most dragons cannot get you."

The drink he had ran out, and he reached for a pitcher. His attempt only left him with some fruit nectar on his hand. He reached again and grabbed a pitcher of a deep red hue, and poured it into his glass. He drank a bit of it, coughing in his throat. He looked away from sliver, looking into his right wing, and coughed a few more times.

Fafner couldn't help but pitch in. Obviously amused by the ice dragons attempt at strong wine. "You can't hold your wine? Don't they have wine in your lands?"

Haid'ku brought his head out from under his wing. "Excuse me fer that." He shook his head, tounge landing outside of his mouth, across his chin. It went back into his mouth slowely, leaving a shimmering trail of liquid behind." He shot a glare at Fafner.

He pushed up a little, fixing his posture. He looked down at Fafner, who was eating a deep red chunk of meat. "I knew your father, a while ago, but I remember him. He ran a nice and rather large guild. It was not a place for my kind at all. But, that does explain a few things about you however. Your wanting to fight, comes from the many contracts that place receives."

He lowered a little bit, tail rising just to fall against the floor behind him. "Worst twenty or so years of my life. Nothing but waking up, fly and run a bit. eat. Then spend the rest of the day training and working out until dark. Which another gorup would begin training. The sound of metal clashing was always there, and the bitter taste of horrible herbs when injuries happened. One good thing came from it, least I can actually take some abuse, which if needed beyond beleif."

He rested back, giving the wine another try, this time not choking horribly as it seemed to warm his throat up a bit. His face cringed a bit in reflex of the sensation.

Fafner placed his hunk of meat down. "Death before dishonour, which I let those people keep." He bit into the meat again, chewing a few times and swallowed. "Why didn't you go to your guild, be a mage or something."

Haid'ku flinched at those words. He was never fond of being a mage. Sticking back and hoping he can stop attacks before they hit. He needed to be able to block them with himself, as others wouldn't enjoy having ice thrown on their bodies as a blade came down. "Mages don't get to have all the fun now do they?, I can say the same about you being a infiltrator, use the black coat to your advantage."

"Touche. Ever hear the tale of when I lead an assult? That was a glorious battle, but they deserved what came to them. They raided other nations and overthrew a king. unfortunatly for them, the former king was a personal client of my father. Who if i might add, was the only one who knew where the vault of wealth was. I was more interested in the family sword, nice and easy to enchant as it held the element longer than the standard soldier swords. Sharper than a scribe at a meeting."

He drank some of his wine, exhaling quickly afterwords. "i would show you the sword, but it isn't customary to go whiping a sword out on everyone to prove a point. And Jewleria wouldn't view that as friendly as most, this his her work we are eating.

Haid'ku nodded in aggreement. Thena small grin grew on his face, he leaned in closer to Fafner, speaking quietly. "So, whats with you and Jewleria? You mention her a lot, and don't think I didn't see that wink beween you two."

Fafner shot a quick glance at the door, seeing a deep black dragon enter. "Don't think I didn't hear what Mariana said to you."

"Touche." A darkening mass went into the room, dimming the lights themselves. His eyes seemed to look at the figure, yet not as well. He backed away from the table, walking back a few steps and up onto his standing position. He walked over to the figure. "Greeting, you may call me Haid'ku." He looked at the new figures scales on his chest, and back at his own. "Large contrast between us. Besides the fact I now feel like silver. She is the small dragon here, swirling colors in her scales. Fafner is the one in the red, and blane. He went for a walk for some reason unknown."

He turned and walked back to his seat, turning his head back as he walked. "Enjoy something, it was only out for a little now, and still warm. Or you can always take a sit, and relax a bit from, well for you anyways, a long journey. You must have gone a long ways as I haven't even heard any tales of your kind in my life or memory."

He sat down, tail curling around his hind legs, and his front paws brought up a little bit of fruit that he had on his plate. He swirled it around in his mouth for a little while as he squished out the juices using his tounge and top of his mouth. "Finnaly my mouth doesn't feel like it is going to bite my tounge off."

((p.s. I got some permission from Ushima. I however felt like I could have done more with him...))

Ceala
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
“Hello. You must be. . . Ramira. Wonderful to meet you! I’m Jewleria and welcome to The Palace.”

The dragon's voice was just as beautiful as her appearance. Her words, though spoken so quickly and easily, shook Ramira right to the core. It had been so long, years at the least, since anyone had looked her straight in the eyes and spoken to her as not only an equal, but as a dragon; even longer since anyone had used her name. Stunned, she didn't even have time to respond before Jewleria had moved on, addressing Silver as an old friend.

Ramira sank back towards the wall, her eyes scanning the room just in time to see the red dragon that had peaked her interest earlier leave down a side hall. Against her better judgment, she decided to follow him. Staying a good twenty feet behind, she walked silently, jumping from shadow to shadow more out of habit than necessity.

Suddenly, the dragon's seemingly aimless wandering came to an abrupt stop. Ramira didn't have any reason to hide, but she did anyways. She slipped back behind one of the many statues that lined the hall, effortlessly disappearing from the dragon's line of vision. She could feel his gaze sweep the passage, a slight heat rising in her cheeks as his eyes hit the statue she was standing behind, but it passed her without noticing. When she felt the coast was clear, she stepped out; her small form still barely visible in the shadows.

It was then that the dragon transformed. Dressed in loose pants and a brightly colored, formfitting shirt, his human appearance was acceptably attractive; Ramira had never been good at gauging such things. His fingers ran tenderly over the markings in the wall, a faraway, almost pensive look on his face. Ramira suddenly had the urge to talk to him. It was odd that she would ever have such a desire; she had spent most of her life trying to avoid dragons.

Ramira stepped into the light, surprising herself more than anyone. He still hadn't noticed her, so she decided to make her horribly out-of-character action complete.

"Glad to see I'm not the only one," she said, indicating her human form with a quick touch of her coat.

Her voice sounded oddly loud in the empty space. She didn't dare look him in the eyes, letting her long white bangs fall over her face as she waited for his reply. She had always been extremely self-conscious about her bright orange eyes; better not to make things any worse than she already had.

Falcon Red
01-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Blane slid his hand down touching the face of one of the girls in the humans representatives. He looked at her eyes, the excitement that shown in them. The smile left his face as he felt another presence, turning quickly, dropping down to a crouch, one hand on the ground the other poised as if to claw at something, as he prepared to change to his dragon form.

Seeing it was the girl looking at him in her human form earlier. He stood up again, letting his defenses fall. He never knew what to expect at the dragon's palace. When she spoke, he could feel it was a rare honor. Blane tried looking her in the eyes, but she wouldn't allow him to.

"I live with them. They've given me a job, a home, and a family. I chose to live my life respecting the treaty we made with them, and to learn more about them." He explained walking up to her.

She still refused to meet his eyes, so he studied her face instead wondering what made her so nervous, what made her want to stay in human form. He was curious of her eyes now. He lifted his hand to her face, gently brushing her bangs behind her ear, and letting his hand go back to his side, smiling at her pleasantly unique orange eyes.

"My names Blane, I'm a firedancer in a traveling circus." He said. She replied with just her name quietly. He mouthed her name, Ramira, committing it to memory. He lifted his hand again indicating that she lead on to the feast. "Why don't we join the others, I reckon the party is about to start."

They walked back around the corner to join the other dragons. Blane looked around for open seats and nodded his head towards a couple of seats in the center on one of the sides of the table. He sat down with her, helping himself to some food and water.

After a few bites, he looked up at Ramira again. "What is it that you do? What is your tie to the humans?"

Barakna
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
"Hmm?" Thax had noticed one of the dragons had risen up from it's seat. And on its hind legs, it started walking in his directon. The other dragon was smaller than Thax. And in contrast. A much brighter color than himself.

The dragon introduced himself as Haid'ku. He seemed to be made out of ice and gave off a strange chill. Which somewhat reminded Thax, of the Veil. He felt comfortable to some extent.
Upon mentioning a smaller dragon named Silver, Thax's eye caught a glimpse of a small creature by the table. Had Haid'ku not told him. He wouldn't have been able to guess it was another dragon. This gave him a strange sensation. Something like... ignorance. An unawareness of the outside world. They may not know much to nothing about him or his people. But he sure didn't know anything about them either. Only a few pieces of information from the elder.

A few other names were mentioned among Silvers. Fafner, a long black and red dragon with a gem on his forehead. And another one who wasn't present.
Thax didn't respond to anything which Haid'ku had said. Mainly because he hadn't spoken to anyone but himself for near 1000 years. He just sat there. Listening to the smaller dragon.

After Haid'ku had properly introduced himself he went over to the table to join the others again. He also beckoned Thax to follow up and have something to eat or drink.
Thax decided to do just that. He rose from the corner and went over to the table. He sat down by the table with a large thud.

Eyeing the various exotic foods and their scent. As he had observed earlier. He didn't know what any of it was. The meat and vegetables from the Veil pretty much looked like something which belonged in that area. Like Granite Turtles and Crystal fruits just to name a few.
He had come to hate eating it. It was difficult to chew and swallow. So he had instead developed a way to eat, using magic, without actually having to do either. He lowered his head down towards some of the food. Opening his mouth, he inhaled with a loud hissing sound. From the food in front of him came what looked like to be the foods very essence. A shadow of what it was travelled from the plates and into Thax's mouth in streams. Leaving only black husks of what they once were.

He closed his mouth and licked the corners of his mouth. "Intriguing." He said to himself.

roan
01-05-2010, 01:28 AM
A warm air swirled suddenly throughout the grande hall, carrying with it a sweet scent of flowers and spices, a tantalizing combination. Soon to accompany the alluring aroma was the bright yellow form of a rare nyxian dragon landing on the balcony.

Her mane was long, nearly touching the floor as it swayed like a wave of golden silk as she moved out of the sunlight and into the hall itself. Immediately the others within would notice the gems and silver jewelry that adorned the female. Around her black horns were thin ropes of silver braided intricately between the two. At the base of her neck was a wide silver necklace with a single amber jewel at its center. Connecting at the back of this was a band of cloth that lay along the length of her spine while hundreds of dainty silver chains falling down from the cloths edges. The metal lay enchantingly across her slender breast cage and dancing under her amazing arched underbelly.

Not a soul was recognizable, aside from the snobby Jewleria. Though Lin’s ice blue eyes had never seen another in the hall did not mean they didn’t know her. Or of her. Lin very quickly advanced as a veil dancer, revered by many apprentices and masters. Many used their abilities in battle, few as entertainers. Yet those that did had names and Linwe Saralonde was eminent. Though her features held a bit of arrogance or vanity to most Lin was still a kind loving soul but was not without her flaws. Or quirks.

Apon first glance everyone was immediately recognized as their species, except for the human female and, for a second, the ether dragon. He was almost confused with an Erithian. Almost.

Everyone seemed collected at a huge table with a large array of foods and drinks; before her arrival they were all seemingly busy in conversation. Now with the loud hush the lascivious dragoness seized the opportunity to speak.

“Hello.” A sensual smile followed with a bat of long thick lashes. ‘I love being me.’

roan
01-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Edit: Ooops. Double post.

Ceala
01-08-2010, 02:46 AM
"I live with them. They've given me a job, a home, and a family. I chose to live my life respecting the treaty we made with them, and to learn more about them."

The second time in the last ten minutes someone--no, not just someone, a dragon--had spoken straight to her. This time it wasn't so much of a shock to her system. In fact, it was almost pleasant. Ramira kept her eyes glued to the ground as the speaker, a dragon in human form, approached, heat rising in her cheeks with every step he took.

Suddenly Ramira felt the urge to hide. She was a shadowlander, an outcast, a thief; society at large tended to ignore her, as she preferred. Obviously this whole business with the council would change that, if only for a day or so. How long had she been here? Things seemed to move so fast, yet somehow very slow. It was almost nice to be noticed...

In the few seconds she had been lost in thought, the distance between she and the dragon had disappeared almost completely. To Ramira's great surprise, he reached up and touched her face, brushing her bangs behind an ear. He had made the movement so smooth and casually; she envied his nonchalance. Her eyes flicked up, locking with his as he spoke.

"My name's Blane. I'm a firedancer in a traveling circus."

He smiled at her, the features in his face softening a bit. He had a decent smile, Ramira supposed. Again, judging such things was not her forte. She stumbled a bit over her words, offering Blane her name.

"Why don't we join the others, I reckon the party is about to start," he suggested, and they both walked over to sit down at the large table, now covered with food. Blane helped himself, but Ramira held back, the mere superfluity of the display enough to make her stomach turn.

"What is it that you do? What is your tie to the humans?" Blane asked after a pause.

"My tie to the humans?" Ramira repeated, organizing her thoughts. "Well, it's not as much a tie to the humans as it is a dislike of dragons. Humans just happened to be the only alternative. No offense, of course."

Despite all her efforts, a small twinge of remorse captured her features in a momentary twist of sadness at the word humans. It didn't help that her answer seemed to upset Blane a bit.

"Oh," he replied simply, taking another bite of his meal.

Ramira continued to speak, her need to fill the silence overriding her common sense.

"I haven't had any close ties for some time now. I guess you could call me a sort of free spirit," those last two words fell heavy from her mouth, laced with bitterness and paired with a grim smile. "I admire the humans, if from a distance."

Ramira let her eyes stray from Blane, using her natural abilities as a fire dragon to light a small flame in the palm of her hand.

"So, why the circus?" she added after a beat, watching the fire dance around her fingers, mere inches from her calloused flesh.

It didn't take much effort to sustain such a small fire, even in her human form. A larger one would be more difficult, feeding off her energy in the absence of traditional fuel. Fire was a tricky element, but Ramira loved it; a personality trait her heritage assured. She could control it, create it, and even put it out, all while in human form. This was the body she was more comfortable in and therefore it was also the form her fire skills were more attune to. Power wasn't everything to Ramira; never had been and never would be.

Her eyes flitted back towards Blane for a moment, wondering what tricks he could teach her, if any.

spirits breath
01-09-2010, 03:28 AM
As the food on his plate dissapeared, and the wine to top it off, his body felt comfortable and if anything content. He closed his eyes for a second a steady sleepyness washed over him. He sat with his eyes closed for a while, letting the wave wash over him like a bat along the moon lit darkness.

He opened his eyes, looking around to see a few other eating, and a few sitting there quietly. He scratched his stomach a few times with his front left claws.

He saw Thax's form of eating. He tilted his head as it seemed to absord the food itself. is that even possible? He opened his mouth and his right claw, then decided to let it go. It wasn't worth rising an argument over how to eat food. He scaned the room for a distraction, anything to make himself not look like a fool for stammering about and without a word to be said. His amr drooped down slowly, and onto the floor.

He saw himself with many different hues, and seemed to be having an episode of looking into a broken mirrir that wasn't broken at the same time. As he looked at what had actually brought in the mirror, he saw a quite attractive golden dragon. He went around the table, stepping over a stray tail and his tail slid over the tail as well as he strutted past. A small smile, a mix of watching her scales reflect the very color of a golden coin hoard, and the little mirrors of gems and jewlery that held his own image that grew as he went closer.

He seemed to have a littly bounce in his step, possibly the sugars in the first drink he had that had finnaly caught up to him and causing that, or it was the was of his body cope with the newfound energy that he had after not eating for about four days with flight and activities. The span wouldn't be too bad, but it seemed like being busy and preoccupied made him a bit hungry that he couldn't quite place his maw around.

He lengthened some of his words, trying to give a impression that a man would give to his king. "Why, hello there. Isn't that a large amount of jewlery for a single dragon to have to fly around with? Must have cost twelve hoards for that much! Or if the esteemed king and queen have seemed to drop a key to there vault and to get it back you were able to grab all you can carry." He swayed his head, using the reflection to pull back his maign and to look at her scaly body a little longer before returning to her face.

"Haid'ku... welcome to the meeting. though I have the slightest clue on why we were called here to begin with, nor why there is a bunch of food and drink scattered on the table. But with you, I don't think we would look like a ragtag group for a call." He tilted his head once more, giving a small smiling wink and fluttered his wings a bit. His body seemed like it wanted do get up and do something, yet his mind didn't feel like it was in the same mindset in odd terms.

katosu
01-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Katosu was deep in thought, staring out into the endless blue abyss of the sea. The fish seemed to swim around his home as he sat in silent contemplation, unwilling to move from his spot. As he sat, silently meditating, silently concentrating, a summons began to flow into his head.

His mind was open, and it did not cause any pain to him. Instead, he let the words flow into his mind, neither rejecting nor accepting them. He took them for their words, and as the message ended, rose to his feet. He began to walk towards the bottomless sea, slowly changing to his dragon form to sail through the sea and reach for the surface for his destination.

===

Katosu quickly traveled towards the castle from high above the earth. His dragon form winding through the skies, his travel towards the castle was welcomed with a gentle fall of rain.

This rain would serve as a stupor to many who did not quite understand the Leviathan's. The droplets of rain falling to earth, glistening off leaves and granting even greater life to the lush forest surrounding the castle. However, not a cloud in site could be found, allowing the full radiance of the sun to shine through the gentle rain. This was a gift of his kin - a life giving rain in conjecture with the brilliance of the sun.

As he landed, he turned to his human form. The water upon his scales seemed to fall off as he shrunk to his form. The water gently landed on the balcony around his hunched over body. He remained kneeled, his eyes remained closed and his head down. He did not make eye contact until the moment he was spoken to.

"Please, come this way."

The voice welcomed him in. He rose to his feet, not seeming to become terribly much taller than he already was - his human form seemed childish compared to the majestic display he had given in his arrival, but the way he held himself upright as he walked, with not a single word spoke more than his forms or display - he was disciplined, and he followed their directions to meet with the others.

(Hope that works, since he seems to be coming in a little later than the others)

roan
01-15-2010, 02:15 AM
GM Post:

Jewlria could not help but grimace at the sight of Linwe. Hundreds of years ago they were close friends, but after Jewl joined the Court the bond between them shattered. Jewl could not find words to speak to the other dragoness and was pleased when the last of the elite showed: Katosu. Maybe one of the gentler dragons here but not without an exceptional prowess. Or, so she had been told. Clearing her throat softly she spoke to everyone, her voice strong. “All has arrived that has been called. I am sure you are all wondering why you’ve been summoned here. Please, follow me and everything will be explained.” Turning around Jewl began to walk towards a small human sized door. Before she reached it a thick blue mist swirled around her as she changed into her human form, equally beautiful as her dragon appearance. Entering through the door it was left open for the others to follow.

Once everyone entered the chamber they would see seven thrones with the seven members of the Court, Jewlria having taken her seat amongst them. Four males, and three females. Drakel, one of the eldest, stood from his throne, his long white beard with its tiny bells jingling as he moved to stand. “Welcome all!” His strong voice boomed throughout the chamber. “I will make this simple for everyone to understand. The prophesized Onyx dragons have come. Where they hide is unknown but one has been sighed near the northern human strong hold of Winterworth. You have all been called here today to find the location of the onyx’s lair and nest so that we might wipe them out of existence and ride our realm of this nightmare. You all know that they are mindless beast, wishing only for bloodshed and the destruction of our lands humans. For centuries we battled to befriend the humans of Skahvynlyn and we shall not let these… creatures destroy that! If you wish to leave you may do so. But know this: you will be marked as a traitor.”

After a small pause to catch his breath the ancient continued, “Those that will stay and fight are welcome to rest for the day to then leave for Winterworth tonight in the cover of darkness. It is a long journey to Winterworth so I suggest you retire.” Slowly Drakel lowered his old human form down into his throne and with a gesture with his hands he pointed out an entrance hall, “There you shall all find a suitable room for the evening.”

As everyone began to exit the chamber Jewlria called out to Ramira, “Please, come here. I’ve something to give you.” As the white-haired girl approached Jewl produced a large but light blue orb. “On your travels you may contact me with this, and I with you. You shall be the voice for this band.” Placing the orb into the girls palm it suddenly transformed into a silver necklace with the orb now a beautiful ornament. “Keep this close.” After giving her a warm smile Jewl nodded towards the entrance hall. “Go now.”

Shin.Aether
01-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Of course since Serzio had been trying to focus on other matters. He was nearly late to the meeting that was to take place. Mainly because he was stopped by all the guards who wanted to sieze his weapons. Threatening them with death was sufficient enough to keep their hands off his weapons.

When Serzio had arrived he walked into the double doors as the mention of the Onyx Dragons were mentioned. "Pay me no mind." Serzio quickly added as he had entered the complex. Of course the Onyx Dragons themselves he'd heard about. But they belonged to their own land, outside the human world. How they came to be ruthless killing machines in abandoning there world was something that made Serzio question.

With sufficient thought toward the solution Serzio came to the conclusion. That there must be some kind of portent driving the Onyx Dragons, toward bloodlust. Of course killing the dragons would not deliver a worthwhile solution. Since there was more to the problem then what the humans assumed. He remained very quiet and distant listening to what was going on. It seemed that Serzio wasn't exactly the most responsive of dragon kind. They were born warriors to the end, proud and just. Only coming to the aid of the strong and proven of people in the world.

To earn the trust of a Ryaetherjin, one must be strong enough to warrant such trust.

roan
01-16-2010, 11:42 PM
The Veil Dancer had smiled to the cold one the introduced his self has Haid’ku. He was charming but it seemed like he wished to be that way with everyone. Talkative, outgoing. Too much like herself, Lin thought as the voice of Jewlria spoke out. She listened and watched as she transformed herself it her human. A small glare passed over her ice blue reptilian eyes then; she had always envied Jewl gorgeous blue hair, glowing wondrously in any light. Along with the others Lin followed.

Many years had passed since Linwe had seen Drakel, and it looked like those years were catching up with him. His voice held the youth that was still in his heart, but his lean frame showed his true age. He had always reminded her of her father. Even now she thought of her father as she watched him take his seat with a tremble in his knees, the energy it had taken to speak to she and the others obviously draining him. Lin had no choice but to stay, for her reputation was too high to scar it with refusing such a request from the Court. Plus, she’d not used her abilities in combat in a long time. It would give her the chance to prove to herself that she ‘still had it.’ The threat of the onyx dragons did not scare her, for she had heard of the news but thought it maybe a rumor or a tall tale. As it were it was not.

With the knowledge of where they would all bed Lin moved along into the hall, coming to the first door she’d seen. With a hand on the knob she turned and pushed, walking into a room that made her gasp. Tho’ she had lived in splendor with all the riches she could want it did not prepare her for the beauty within. The floor was made out of Drunian marble, a favorite of hers. Most of the material within the room as well was of the highest quality, reminding her of the exotic silks of her homeland. Two large beds were present in the room but felt it rather taboo to sleep in a room with another of these strangers, having only been simple introduced to one. Before closing the door she smiled sweetly to the rest in the hall. “Sleep well everyone.” With that she closed the door.

Silence. Oh, it was welcome. Spinning around in a circle as she waltzed into the rooms Lin smiled as she spotted a mourwood vanity. Sandaled feet padded softly over the cool marble as she gazed into her reflection. Bright purple eyes looked back at her, surrounded by thick blonde lashes that matched her golden locks. While Jewl might have easily been recognized as a dragon with her blue hair in human form Lin looked like a human. Her eyes color could have been blamed on maybe a mix of blood, maybe Aspena or Dejni. They were a human race with such traits, rare to see but possible.

The cornflower blue robe she wore with its intricate silver trimming along the hems was quickly removed, standing now sky clad. With a wave of her hand over a small pouch it triple in sized and was opened. Reaching inside she produced a short rounded bottle. Removing the cork with a resounding ‘pop’ she poured small amount into her palm. Rubbing her hands now together she began to administer the sweet smelling oil into her skin while thinking of the night to come.

Winterworth was a large human city, and as she could recall not too fond of the dragons of the realm. They more or less tolerated them, having little choice in the matter seeing that an allegiance was made between all dragons and humans alike centuries ago. Oh! And it was cold in Winterworth, all year round. Coming from the hot deserts of Drune Linwe shuddered at the thought. Well, it would give her a reason to sport her thicker robes and coats. After her skin glistened and radiated the smell of plumeair flowers she combed her long hair quickly before settling her self over the top of the cool coverlet, sleep claiming her quickly. Tonight their adventure would begin.

spirits breath
01-17-2010, 04:45 PM
((had a post, but timed out somehow. then page wouldn't load up. work lost, and this isn't as what I wish it could be.))

Haid'ku looked as the once golden dragon became smaller, changing dramatically as how he would have pictured her. He imagined her to have bright blonde hair, not blue. Least they had one thing in common.

He channeled some energy inwards, closing his eyes as he was able to feel himself shrinking, trading size for vaunerablility. He felt his scales sink into the weak, fleshy thing as flesh and visible skin. His tail and wings almost dissapeared into his spine, he never known how this didn't feel like he flew into a large sharpened tree trunk.

He looked back, wishing to see a glimpse of his former glory...except saw nothing put the small shift in the air behind him. He turned, his blue hair swishing along his neck. His large platemail suit of armor, the closest thing to what he acually was besides his sword and shield. His Swords blade was the same white as his armor, the hilt contained a deep blue jewel, long installed ago. The pommel would seem to accomodate two hands, but was designed for both single handed use and two-handed use. The Shield was unlike his armor, it was lightly tinted blue with some winged design painted into it. It fit snugly across his forearm and along his back if he so chosed.

He brought the shield behind him, it went into a small holder that held it in place. His sword went into a sheath behind his shield. As he walked into the now open doors, he saw a large marbled room. fancy... I wouldn't mind decorating my lair with this.

As he went into the room, he kneeled and when instructed to, he followed the linwe to the direction of the rooms. There rooms fairly close together if looked at two dimensionally. He knew that they shared the same goal, pointless to say some cheesy speach about taking down the onyx dragons, and looking at how to preserve the peace.

He went into his room, closing the door behind him. He took off his several peices of armor, a mystery how it all seemed to interlock and not fall apart. As he lied in the large bed, he looked up at the decorated cealing. Winterworth. Any place that has winter in its name must be home to me. Feel bad for the others, least I will be comfortable in the cold. Then add the fact they could always just go out and shift into their dragon forms and make a fire to keep themselves warm. Thats why the onyx dragons may not want humans, we can simply ally up and serve all of eachothers needs in simple harmony. He closed his eyes, figuring any sleep would help. But he wouldn't mind the company of Ramira, or even one of the other dragons. But then agian he will be seeing them for a while. Plenty of time to become good friends.

Ushima
01-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Sleep well Faner heard Lin say. Sleep for him would come later. He turned from the bed chambers and made his way to the training grounds. "You there!" Fafner pointed his sword at one of the palace guards, one of the few in humans. The area was designed to be able to handle training dragons and humans. "Let's go a few rounds."

The guard stepped forward and drew his sword and strapped his shield to his left arm. Fafner drew his Katana. The blade was black and serrated from the tsuba to the tip, even the dull side was serrated. The guard charged and slashed but Fafner stepped back. Missing the guard spun to hit with his shield though the Arcane Knight just delivered a straight kick and stopped it.

The spar between the two caught some attention. Some guards were learning something from this. The spar ended when Fafner disarmmed his opponent. "Azirel." The two had exchanged names during their fight. "Most impressive." Fafner gave back Azirel's sword.

"Thank you, Fafner." The pair shook hands, but clapping interupted them and the guards snapped to attention and saluted.

"I see you've gotten better, Fafner." The black dragon knew that voice all to well. "How've you been?"

"I've been fine, father." Fafner was mentally kicking himself for forgetting his father was here. He was captain of the palace guard and on the council. "And how are you?" Fafner really didn't care about how his father was, but he knew better than to be disrespectful to one as powerful as Fafnir.

"Same as always." Fafnir handed is son a glass. "Wine?" Fafner took the glass and drank quickly. "So you are part of this little adventure. Be careful, alright?" Fafnir was generally concerned for his son.

"Am I not always careful?" Fafner asked.

"Well there was that one time." Fafnir chuckled.

"Tch, I had forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me." Fafner grumbled and walked away. He showered and returned to his assigned chambers. 'Winterworth, near Winterhaven I believe. I have allies near there, I should mention that later. We could use assisstance if neccessary.' Fafner laid down and starred at the ceiling. "This is going to be fun."

Ceala
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Once the elder's speech came to an end, Ramira exited the chamber along with the rest of the group. The orb Jewelria had given her, though small in size, weighed heavily in her mind if not in her hand. The fact that she had been singled out unnerved her. It was bad enough that the council had chosen her to be a part of this fight, and now they wanted her to serve as their voice? Ramira glanced around quickly as the other, far more powerful beings walked towards their rooms; didn't the council know she wasn't as strong as the rest? Why her?

She slipped the necklace into a special hidden pocket on the inside of her long brown coat, bidding her mind to ease it's pointless worrying. It was obvious now that she couldn't just leave. Ramira had almost laughed at the old man's words spoken only moments before. Stay or be labeled a traitor; what sort of choice was that? It was like holding a knife to someone's throat and then telling them they had a choice whether or not to obey. At its best, such an offer was simply a hollow formality.

"Blane," Ramira called softly to the only other dragon present she felt comfortable speaking to, catching up to him in a few quick strides."Have you ever been to Winterworth?"

Ramira didn't know why it was so easy to talk to the circus performer. Perhaps it was their common love of fire, maybe his casual manner, or even his kind smile. Regardless, she had never heard of the town and dare not approach any of the others for information.

"No, I haven't. My circus doesn't travel that far north," he replied. "I've heard of it though. It's just as cold as its name suggests, so dress warm."

Blane smiled. Ramira let her eyes fall to the ground, but ventured a small smile in return. She drifted away from him slightly, her hand resting on one of the many doors. She turned back towards Blane before pushing open the wooden barrier. She wanted to somehow thank him for his friendliness, but the words stuck in her throat. Life was so much easier when people looked past you instead of strait at you; lonelier, but easier.

spirits breath
01-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Haid'Ku tried to get to sleep, only being up for roughly a 16 hour span, when he normally goes a full sun cycle and two moon cycles before feeling a desire to sleep. Must have been the food that instiled a sense of tiredness. He sat up, the bed practicly absorbing his movements. odd, I feel as if a am not even lieing on anything. this must be how the councel members look younger than they are. I wonder what Fafner is doing now, I would like to know how he fights before I have to stand next to him. What a hell of a way to die, loss of limbs by a blood crazed madman.

Haid'ku rolled out of bed, his side clashing with the hard floor. This is what I am used too, and a painful comparison at that. He took the several parts of his armor and aligned them to be put on. He would normally have to put plate over plate on until he had his arm and leg peices on. The tunic he wore would soon be covered.

He pulled up a few plates, covering his legs tightly and then put on his boots. The arms were next, and a bit harder. He had to use his teeth to pull the plates up a little bit more to avoid a large gap in his defence. His large breastplate went on last. It had its small cape attached to it and seemed smaller off of him than it did on him.

As he walked out, he grabbed his sword and shield and went outwards to the main halls. He door seemed to close itself as his hand was placed on the handle to pull gently. He moved down the hall, checking a few of the doors.
The first one, he saw Ramira, his head poking in the door and holding for a few seconds before he closed the door slowely. The next door was Linwe's room. There he felt a bit of nervousness after. He might have been seen by two of the girls who would be with him, and they might not be fond of a man looking into their rooms doing who knows what.

The last door, he knew if had to be Fafners. It was dark and smelled slightly of sweat and wine, as opposed the the blankness of the hall. He walked in, stepping over a few weapons scattered about. He saw Fafner on his bed, sleeping. Must have had too much to drink and stumbled into bed. So much of that stuff can do this to even the most accustomed of us. He walked by Fafner, poking him a few times. Nothing was Fafners response, unphased by a sudden prod of his side. Haid'ku pushed him hard, Fafner's body moved with his push, but he still slept. Haid'ku took his sword, and began to draw it out of its sheath. some sudden cold may wake him
Once the ilt clicked out, Fafner awoke, he pulled out a sword that lied in wait under his pillow. He sat up quickly and pummeld Haid'ku to the ground with Fafner on top of him. "Who are... Haid'ku. figures it would be you. Damn, was hoping to feed my sword if you know what I mean."

Haid'ku pushed Fafner off of him, rolling to his stomach and pushing up onto his feet. "Figures you would be ready to kill even in your sleep. Disturbing, but at least i will feel better when night falls on us and we are asleep." He stepped back as Fafner flicked light at him as the sword was put aside.

"Have to be trained to. Most warriors die in there sleep, because in battle, they just go MIA."

Haid'ku staed blankly at Fafner. "Nice line. Except what happens to those who are stabbed to death?"

Fafner shot a quick questioned look. "They are given to the strength of the one who killed them, thats why they never die."

Barakna
01-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Thax felt a sudden warm breeze. Along with some sweet scent he didn't recognize. He turned his large head towards the source and saw another dragon arriving at the balcony. 'Tis was a strange one. It appeared to have skin rather than scales. And it was adorned with a ridiculous amount of jewelry. "Why wear gems and trinkets if they had no purpose?" Thax wondered. He knew most gems could be used to store arcane energies for later use. He had many veil crystals filled with such energies at hand, should they be needed.
The newcomer greeted everyone with a soft Hello and a smile to boot.

The dragoness Jewlria cleared her throat and declared all, whom ahd been called, were present. She beckoned all the dragons present to follow her to the council. She went towards a humansized door and changed into her human form. The other dragons followed her example and changed theirs aswell.
Thax closed his eyes. Shadows started creeping up his massive form. As they consumed him a cloud dispersed and revealed his human form. A tall man with black hair and eyes. Dressed in a dark blue robe. Content he entered the room along with the others.
Seven thrones were in the chamber. Jewlria took her seat in one of them. The eldest among them, an old man, rose from his seat and adressed the ones assembled. Explain why they had been summoned.

After the briefing. Thax went to his assigned room. Upon opening the door. He was met with quite a sight. It was a bright room stuffed with exotic furniture. Atleast exotic from his point of view. Living only in the Crystal Veil. "Fancy... Thought I don't see the use of all this." Thax muttered as he was inspecting a wooden contraption. A vanity table.
Turning his head around he spotted the oversized bed. Thax walked over to the bed and tried sitting down in it. He sank several inches and jumped up from the bed almost falling in the process. "How could anyone be able to sleep on such a..." Thax paused, thinking of the right expression. "Soft and fluffy contraption!" He exclaimed with much distaste.

Thax decided just to sleep as he usually did. He sat down in a meditative position and rose a few feet from the ground. He muttered a few words and crystals started forming around him. Until he was completely encased in a large dark green crystal.

Ushima
01-19-2010, 01:52 AM
"You don't really believe in that whole feeding on the other's strength do you?" Haid'ku asked.

"I'm still here aren't I?" Fafner responded.

"True." The ice dragon watched Fafner moved around, grabbing things and brought them to the table. Sheathing his sword Fafner drew four daggers from his belt and unrolled a map, sticking the daggers in the corners. "What are you doing?"

"Seeing as you can't sleep, and I won't be able to get back to sleep, I figured we'd do something porductive about this mess we found ourselves in. Open the door." Haid'ku did as asked while Fafner poured the two some water.

"No wine? Surprising." Haid'ku chuckled.

"Time and place my friend. Place is ok, time is not." Fafner pointed to a place on the map. "Winterworth is here and we are here."

"How long do you'd think it'd take?" The Ice dragon inquired.

"I cannot say for certain. I know how long it'd take me but, seeing as I'm with others I'd have to slow my travel pace a bit. But we'll get there when we do, don't worry." Haid'ku nodded. "Now remember how I mentioned the Shadows in Winterhaven? Well look what's nearby Winterworth."

"They friends of yours Fafner?" Haid'ku asked.

"More or less." Fafner shook his head. "Vergil, the Shadow's leader, can be stubborn at times but he's alright and I trust him. He could be a valuable source of information." Fafner reached into the pouch on his belt and brought out a vial containing a red liquid. "I have the alchemists working on this as we speak. Seeing as the rest of us aren't used to extreme cold these would come in handy."

"Liquid Fire. Impressive. You know how to make it I assume?" Fafner nodded. "Keeps the body tempurate warm. How long do they last?"

"Depends on how much you take. One of these vials lasts a good hour." Fafner explained. "Learned how to make it from a traveling alchemist three hundred years ago, nice lady."

"Yeah, real 'nice'." Haid'ku chuckled.

"Stop, this is serious." Fafner shot a glare at Haid'ku, who stopped laughing. "We don't have much longer so I'd like to continnue preparing if you'd please."

spirits breath
01-20-2010, 01:07 AM
The red vails seemed to slosh around within their encasement. Fafner put the vail aside, Haid'ku watching the vails movement. "So, what would happen if a non-fire dragon were to consume one of these?"

Fafner gave a quick chuckel. "I tried that once. Supposibly it burns on the way down, but it sure warmed the man up. Nice thing when it comes to where we are going. Not sure if I can say the same for you or I, but for others it may just hurt going down, though the man who tried it was a wuss."

Haid'ku moved by the open door, he leaned against a gemmed dresser. "Makes you wonder exactly who they expected to be staying here. Let alone let us keep our weapons. Who knows what would happen if a rogue decided to kill a councel member?"

A loud crack echoed off of the door. A Large figure, adorned in a very strong looking armor, Tow large plates, resembling wings streatched off of his shoulders. Many spikes that seemed to have a purpose in looks than in a offensive role. The armor color was a bright coloration in the sun, yet was jet black with streaks of red along it to symbolize a radiance of power. Along his side was possibly the largest sword that could be weilded by a man. The sword seemed to have a overshadowed hilt and guard from the blade. a large crystal seemed to give an eerie glow to the blades many spikes. They seemed to jut out in almost every direction, serving the purpose to flat out ensure nothing would survive a swing, if they did, they didn't for long. The sword stood about mid chest level to the man.

His voice was deep, demanding attention and obedience. "Then they would have to get though me first. Not many would try to think of that."

Fafner looked at the door, "What do you want father?"

Haid'ku did a double take on Fafnir and Fafner. No way they are related. His face seemed to tell the story as it held the sense of wonder and questioning.

Fafnir looked at Haid'ku. "You seem familiar, I could have sworn I remember you. On my good or bad side?"

Haid'ku looked at Fafnir." Haid'ku, the ice dragon who isn't build for where your guild was. I would say your bad side."

Fafnir seemed to warm up a little on the ice dragon. "You were the joke of the entire group. Couldn't stand the heat, drank a ton of water, you couldn't do some of the exersises or you would be killed. I would say you were my bad side too." He breathed in slowely. "Yet you did have determination. If only you came by when Fafner over there went through it, imagine that. Least you took advantage of your element. It may not seem it, but get enough ice on you and you would be able to withstand a few attacks. Yet you will never be such a great warrior like Fafner, which goes to this. What have you been doing after you left?"

Haid'ku felt like he shrank a little. "I actually am a defender. Simple and effective. Figures if I can't fight fire with fire, might as well block fire with my ice."

Fafnir gave a quick what the face. "And thats why you are still on my bad side. Ever think of using yor ice to slow opponents, or as attacks?"

"I have, yes. But it depends on where I am. If I am in a desert, well it wouldn't work in general. But by an ocean and I can pull of a snowstorm in a radius, tireing though, having to freeze air vapor and controling each individually."

Fafner stepped in. "So why did you end up coming in father?"
Fafnir stepped over by Haid'ku, he leaned in. " Your friends in the shadow dragons can be an asset. They know the lands pretty well, they give some protection, and they should know where these onyx dragons are. Don't get cocky, they fight with their minds, not muscle. And if you can always maintain fire or ice in your sword, seems to be a lot more effective. Well ice on armor, fire would work more with attacking, ice for helping to absorb inpacts. Look Fafer, since you are going to winterworth, I feel as if I should tell you, that you need to watch even the lightest of shadows and the sky. If you are made known, you are in danger of being attacked when it snows. IT comes down in blinding amounts and it certainly doesn't help when a stray arrow can kill you as a human, and as a dragon...well you better not die on me. What would that say about me?"

Fafer grumbled a little bit. "Don't need your eyes to fight, nothing will be able to beat me. Too well trained and I have friends up there. They know the lands and scout frequently to make sure that a good set of coins or select few can get by there territory." He stood up, looked at Haid'ku. "We got eachothers back, I am the blade, you the shield."

"Highly doubt I can block things for both of us, And you may need to overdose on the liquid fire if you want to try my armor. Don't need to be bringing you out of hyperthermia now do we."

Fafner shot a hard glance at the ice dragon. "Well see about that. But that is the worst case scenario. I say we go in, torch the place, and smoke them out into our blades and there we go."

EDIT:

Haid'ku stepped forwards a bit, trying to display a bit more assertiveness as Fafnir was here. "What happens if they happen to like fire? I am sure we may have to re think our plans if we face multipal oxyx dragons. Or not even have a plan, but moreso use instincts to fight and survive."

Fafnir's hand clamped down on Haid'ku's right shoulder. He spoke almost mockingly. "Instincts, and fighting! They are the only solutions there is." His tone dropped to his gruff serious tone. "Now listen here. I know of a place, not too far off of your course of winterworth. It is along the mountain ranges of Yettersomething."

Haid'ku interupted Fafnir, "The Yetto mountain ranges."

Fafnir lifted his hand up and slammed it down in a diagonal motion. Haid'ku stumbled forwards a few steps, and pulled back by the straong arm. "Don't interupt me boy. Otherwise I will have to cut out your tounge." He gave a hearty laugh, ending in only a few seconds before snapping back into seriousness. "Ok, in the Yetto mountain ranges your group is welcome to check out this cave. It was hazy but I could have sworn one of my men has seen some dark figure going into my little hideout. I left a few of my possesions in there."

Fafner lifted Fafnir's hand off of Haid'ku. He deepened his voice, a little bit flustered at the current situation. "What did you leave in there, or should I say what is in there?"

Fafnir turned around, he closed the door silently and latched it shut. He spoke quietly to the two. "I saw a pair of onyx dragons come into the cave. They had another dragon, drugged or dead, I wasn't sure. They brought a few humans, who were definitly alive, I saw them squrming around." He licked his lips, moistening them. "I remember a few loud cries, a roar of laughter, then a few more cried of pain. I fled. I was alone, and to take on two of them would be suicide. I am sure they left. They tried to hide it, only to no avail as that place was kept slightly above freezing and it left the doorway open a day after the two left." He reached into his breastplate, handing Fafner a small map of the mountain ranges, a small red dot lied off to the leftward center of the map.

Fafner took the map, holding it tight in his hand. "What is your intention with this?" He spoke a bit louder. "Father, what is in there?"

Fafnir walked toward him, then towards the door. He unlatched it and slowly opened the large door. "That my son, is for you to discover. Take the group thats with you, I am sure you can handle what is in there."

The door closed, the sound of footsteps sprinting down the halls away from the room.

Fafner ran towards the door, and slammed the side of his fists into the door. An echo rebounding off the walls. "Guess we know our destination Haid'ku." He breathed through his teeth, anger pulsing thorugh him with each heartbeat.

Haid'ku gave Fafner some space. "Well, lets get ready then. We are leaving soon, and drifting off course shouldn't be that hard...now would it?"

Fafner looked back at Haid'ku. "You really aren't that good are you?"

Haid'ku looked at him with a small grin.

"I think you are the type of dragons that will make winterworth hate us even more. You...I like you."

"Thank you, but what if they catch on, or realize exactly what has been done?"

Fafner pushed off the door, pacing a few steps."Now I don't like you as much. Get thinking, I am sure you can light a fire under you and get your mind going."

Haid'ku smiled, well then. I only have to tick you off to get that fire going. How bout I cool your rage?"

Fafner raised a fist at the ice drake. Then lowered it to his hip. "We can go back and forth with these stupid puns. But until then, I have to prepare. Now if you will excuse me." He motioned for Haid'ku to leave, walking with him to the open door.

"I guess thats a no to the campfire below me huh?"

Fafner slapped his face and closed the door. He muttered under his breath. "Well see how he enjoys the fact that I might actually hit him with a little fire."

Haid'ku walked down the hall into his room, he lept onto his bed and closed his eyes. The suit of armor was like a comfortable haven, making the bed bearable and more like home. He closed his eyes, and lied there sleeping lightly as he only felt like he needed a few minuites of sleep for energy the journey. Man, Fafner has some messed up family issues.

((holy crap this a long post! now that I looked at it, well least you know where I added))

roan
01-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Winterworth
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/Bummer05/Realms/e5a5e602803e8bd34614a237d3c484ff.jpg

The City of Black Ice is a nickname for frozen city of Winterworth. The ruling family's castle sits above the city, looking upon the vast black, snow ridden city they call home. The streets are cobble stone, stained from the coal that is mined from the Yetto Mountains that keep them from the north. Despite its dark exterior those that live and work within the streets of this place are warm of the heart, readily willing to give the shirt off their back. Except those of draconian blood. They are discriminated against in these parts, and are victim to many crimes of hate. There are a spare few that are ignorant to the general dislike of dragons, but they are far and few between.

Ushima
01-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Fafner roared. Though in human form it might be a little weird if someone heard him. But seeing as he was in the palace of dragons he didn't really care that much. He was mad at his father. "If he wasn't on the council and I'd get in major trouble for it I'd kill him." The black dragon lit the fireplace, blew it up was more the case.

"Always the cryptic one. Always sends me to solve problems he's more than capable of doing." Fafner packed up his things quickly. "I mean I know I'm a mercenary and thats my job, but atleast then I get paid for killing stuff."

Fafner stopped himself from ranting any further. 'Breath.' He inhaled. 'Calm the hell down.' Exhaled deeply. 'Won't do anybody any good if you can't think straight.' Fafner put on the rest of his gear, grabbed his sword and left.

"Getting hungry again." He made his way to the great hall. Nothing as lavish as earlier but there was simple things like fruit and jugs of water left out. If he really wanted to he could get one of the servants to get him something more, but it was no problem. Sitting at one of the tables he grabbed and apple and bit into it.

The warrior looked around. Kinda hoping some of the other dragons he'd be traveling with were here. It'd be noce to talk to one of them. Haid'ku, while annoying at times with bad puns, was alright. But as there were no one here, he decided to entertain himself be shooting lightning at the council chairs. More specifically the one his father sat in.

spirits breath
01-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Haid'ku woke up, or moreso opened his eyes. He didn't catch any sleep at all, just the thrill of adventure, a sense of danger imposed on him. It would be a shame to try and avoid it. He sat up quickly, his body sinking down slightly. The light comming in though his window relexted off the armor, giving in to more beams of light to fill up the room.

He pushed himself off by using his arms and jumping up as much as the upward motion would allow him to manuver. As he stood up, he noticed small candles, they were colored red, green, and purple in some odd mixture as they were fused. "These can be useful, a bit of light can never hurt." He thought for a second, debating if he should take them. Then he though on how he would take them with him, making his stomach tighten up as the thought of him eating them whole, then throw them up to use as light popped up. Quickly he looked away.

As he went towards the window, he looked as far as he could see. He saw the mountains climbing up into the sky, allowing the sun to roll over its side. The tops were a bright white, the destination was Yetto mountains. Not too far, but he knew it was a good flight there despite being able to see the tops from his room. He placed his fingertips on the window, streaking them down as he turned his body around in a leftward motion.

Hopefully Fafner has made enough of the hot liquid things to keep them warm. I don't want to be the only one enjoying the weather. Wonder how it will be for them to sleep? should be fun of a flight as well. He walked out of his room. Looking down both sides of the hall. They seemed clear.

His shield radiated light back into the sides of his eyes, only feint when he looked at the side of his periphial vision and noticed his skin being brighter than normal. Part of him wanted to stay the night, just to see candles ablaze and light the rooms with that soft glow that seemed to warm the spirits so to say. As he walked down, he looked into Fafners room. Only to see a fire going, yet nobody to manage it if it went too much out. Don't know what this means, but I know it is going to be brought down a bit. He closed his eyes pulling in a little bit of moisture from around him. He could use some of his own body moisture that is stored, but out here was free. As he focused a little bit, he hardened the small dropletts of water in the air to converge and slodify into a fist sized ball and moved it into the fires center. "Should calm the beast a little bit. wonder where Fafner is." He stood there, pondering what Fafners next course of action would be. "Food! He didn't eat much besides a epice of meat, he has to be getting something now."

He turned, his hair following the motion thorugh, and rolled over his face and down straight from gravity soon after. He walked out of Fafners room, walking with renewed ambition to the dining hall. He moved forwards in a streamline and turned into the open dining room doors. He felt the air seemed to have a small pull to it, making the hairs on his neck pull up a little.

As he rounded into the room, he saw a large purple wave of lightning pulse out of Fafner. He carried a sarcastic and cocky mood in his voice mixed with a seriousness in his answer, and not joking around. "I thought you just played with fire. It explains a lot, I will save you the easy pun with that as I do not wish to annoy myself by thinking of one. But next time, don't leave a large fire in your room going... I took care of it, and you will have your fire still when you get back perhaps. May I?"

Haid'ku walked over a few seats away from Fafner, he sat down slowely taking the shield and sword off of their holding spot. He placed them onto the table in front of him. He poured himself a glass of water, and took a sip of it before putting the glass and pitcher down. "Ready to head out? We should be going to the Yetto mountains soon. Adventure, some mystery, who knows a good battle if we are lucky." He scratched at a small itch on the back of his neck, then placed his forearm on the table. He looked at where the lightning had hit. [i] I hope I don't get hit by lightning. Being in my true form, that would stay with me for a long time. Would be a bad day to have to move right after. wonder what else he can do?

Barakna
01-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Thax opened his eyes. He thought he heard something from one of the other rooms. He listened intensively. Not a sound. "Must have heard wrong." he thought to himself and muttered a single word. The crystal encasement began form cracks until it shattered complete. Thax stood up and stretched his body. "The time draws near for our departure." He was somewhat looking forward to it all. Being from the Veil he hadn't seen anything beyond it. Until the council had summoned him.
The world outside was a lush and living place. So different from his home. He looked out the window. He was admiring the diversity of colors outside. Diffrent shades of green of blue. And many others.

Thax felt thirsty and decided to go to the dining halls. There should be something he could drink there. Leaving his room, he looked down the corridor and spotted someone also heading in the direction of the dining halls. The person had turned a corner just as Thax caught a glimpse. So he didn't get to see who it was. This discouraged him a little. He still wasn't much for speaking with any of the other dragons. Not speaking with anyone for several hundread years left it's mark on him. He felt out of place among others. Especially other dragons.
He still had to do something about that thirst of his. With a hint of gloom. He started walking to the dining halls.

When Thax arrived he heard two people speaking with each other. He recognized one of the voices being that of Haid'ku. The ice dragon. Thax wasn't 100% sure about the other. But if he had to guess it might be the black dragon with the gem on his forehead. Fafner he recalled.
He entered the room and glanced over to the large table. Sure enough. Haid'ku and Fafner were having some sort of conversation. Then he noticed some jugs of water and some glasses on the table. He felt his throat dry up a bit more in anticipation of the sweet moisture of water. thax went over to the table. He stood a few seats away from the two and poured himself a glass of water. He eyed the unnatural clean water. And proceeded drinking it. Ah. The sweet sensation of moisture.
Thax poured himself another glass of water. And while he was drinking it, he glanced a few times over to the others present. To Thax's surprise. It wasn't as unsettling being near others as he had initially thought it would be. He quelled his thirst with a last glass of water.

Thax put the glass down. He had decided. If he had to travel with these. Companions. He should get over with this mutism. He walked forward. His lower body turned into shadows as he walked through the table and onto the other side, were his lower body materialised again. He walked to one of the chairs opposing the two and sat down. "The shadow draws near." it was an idiom among his people. The comming of an significant event draws near.

"This should be an interesting venture. Don't you agree?"

roan
01-30-2010, 01:59 AM
For the last hour after Linwe had awoken she spent her manicuring herself. Not many would both with such vanity but to the nyxi this calmed her, soothed her. As her fingers moved down her hair slowly, making the moves to create a braided rope of gold, she hummed to herself. The memories of her past passing through her mind as she sat on the edge of the bed.

She wondered what her parents would think of her now, how her two younger sisters faired in their lives. Linwe had not spoken to either Veltine or Odetta in too many years. After their parents passed and Linwe began her goal of becoming Skahvynlyn’s best veil dancer they slowly began to fade into their own lives without her.

With a sullen sigh Linwe finished the last braid of her hair before slipping off the tall bed and standing to her feet. Moving to the vanity she donned a thin blue robe, cinched tightly at her small waist a white sash. White boots that reached just below her knees completed the outfit. It was not often Linwe Saralonde did not adorn herself with jewels and gems galore but this late evening she felt as if there was no need. Indeed she was a part of an exotic class that relied heavily on their physical beauty but to the other dragons here she was just another in the plot of The Courts. A pawn, so to speak.

“For the better of Skahvynlyn,” Lin whispered, not wishing to think unhealthy thoughts of The Court. They had ways of sensing such things. Squaring her shoulders the dragoness turned sharply on heeled feet and exited the room.

“This should be an interesting venture. Don’t you agree?”

“I do indeed agree.” Standing at the entrance of the dining hall Lin smiled to the three men seated at the table. Once at the table Linwe seated herself in front of Thax and beside Fafner. “I’m rather excited, myself. Winterworth has fabulous furs, I have heard.” The young woman suddenly cursed herself silently, wishing she could hold in her most base of thoughts. These men did not care for the riches of the destined city. They all thought of the fight ahead, and she needed to as well.

Bright purple eyes were suddenly cast down at the table, thick golden lashes casting a crescent shadow on her cheeks. “The onyx will stand out greatly against the snow. Maybe the Gress hills to the east of Winterworth would be a good location to start.” Drawing her eyes back up she looked at Fafner and Haid’ku, then to Thax. “What are your thoughts?”

Ushima
01-30-2010, 04:06 PM
"The council has already given me a good spot to check out for enemy activity. Onyx dragons have been taking humans, and even a dragon was seen taken." Fafner finished his apple and started on another. "We're heading to Yetto."

Fafner pulled out the map and showed them. "Councilman Fafnir," Fafner made a visible face of annoyance and shot Haid'ku a glare when the ice dragon chuckled. "Yes anyway, he pointed this out. I think it would give us some insight to the Onyx's tatics, or atleast their motivation."

spirits breath
02-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Haid'ku looked as a decorated female arrived into the dining room. He waited until she sat down for a little bit, getting accustomed to the atmosphere. As he listened to some talk about furs, he had to imagine something. In his head, he saw several animal corpses and nearby was a large lump of a dragon covered nose to tail in animal furs. Only to shift it all reluctantly as someone came by to wake her up.

A smile rose up in his face, sticking a little bit as it was a lingering thought. "The furs should be quite interesting. Bright for a fact, depending on where it is from. He looked at her braids, wondering how she managed to do them by herself. Himself he felt like he wanted to avoid asking a question that could lead to him having to cut his hair off in an attempt to remove the braids. "The onyx dragons do seem like they would stand out. But they are there for a reason."

Haid'ku looked around, seeing a large chandeleir and a reflection of light from the mabled wall. His index finger rose with the rest of his arm, as his eyes went wide. "The onyx dragons could be there because they have some light advantage. Take for example, a dark room or night. You wont see them. Then I would assume several dragons and humans would seek refuge in a nice dark cave that happens to be the hiding spot of the onyx's. Easy preying, and nobody will know what happened."

He stood up, walking forwards down the table a little bit. As he looked back, he looked at Thax. "You know, I would have to say our adventure is going to be very interesting. And by the way, we should gather our things as we are going to be heading out soon. The sky is clearing up, and it is looking good for flight." He truned around, making a final pass by everyone, stopping by Fafner. " We will be able to see if your father wanted to actually show us something we should know.He doesn't seem like he would have it to send his own son to death, mabie challenge but not to kill. Me however, well you know how it is or was."

Haid'ku walked towards the door, walking through it before looking back at everyone. "Be prepared for the worst I must say. Just remember what you bring you have to carry with you."

He traveled down the hall, feelig lighter than he normally did. As he looked down, thinking it was his legs being more energetic than normal, he continured to walk forwards. His hair moved by his face, and he pulled it back, not hitting the edge of his pommel. He felt around, not feeling his shield nor his sword. "Dang."

Haid'ku turned around, walking back towards the dining hall. The path was clear allowing him to walk at a faster than normal walk into the open doorway. "Ironic, said to remember your things and I left my sword and shield right here." He grabbed his belongings and walked back out the dining hall. Way to go. Leaving your things behind where it could have been left behind. Wait a minuite, soon I can get out of this blasted form. Tired of having these weak excuses of arms and legs, while knowing I need armor to keep myself alive.