PDA

View Full Version : The Planets - World Building

Xanthuss
07-17-2011, 08:02 AM
“Duchess of a Thousand Years, 75th Starlord of Cardoom, 4th Countess of Kelda and 16th Planetary Princess of Lense’bastion; the Honourable Lady Dame Freya Jessicanna Stella Kelda Cardoom.” The herald boomed, before pulling open the huge double doors with a bow and stepping to the side as a tiny, fragile looking little woman with fiery eyes and crackling flame-red hair swept in the room, her enormous emerald green dress sweeping the floor behind her, as the 2 meter long trail, sparkling with sapphires and ruby’s, made a graceful turn and came sliding out of the corridor beyond, following its wearer.

“Duke of Two Thousand Years, 1st Baron of De’marleen, 2nd Lord Carmile, 100th Planetary Great Duke of Myrtle-Valla, 16th Planetary Lord-Governor of Barlen’deciden and 40th Planetary Prince of Myrtle Stjärna; The Honourable Lord Erik Jonathan Ari Gregory Myrtle-Valla Stjärna.” The herald cried, pulling open the doors with another bow and watching as a tall man with dark gold hair and sparkling green eyes stepped through. The herald almost sighed in relief as he saw that this guest was dressed sensibly; wearing only thick leather boots, snug fitting cloth pants in dark blue, a black leather tunic, and a dark red cape with golden edging. He did happen to be wearing a simple gold circlet with a ruby embedded in it, which the herald frowned mentally at, but he ignored it as the Chief of Staff whispered the titles and names of the next guest and he was forced to turn back to the doors.

This is type of society that The Planets Federation indulges in. Made up of a selection of Planet States, each ruled by planetary sub-monarchs; Grand Dukes, Princes, Hereditary Governors and an odd assortment of other monarchs, and occasionally a Republic, The Planets Federation is filled with an assortment of sentient species and strange worlds and it is all connected by the ATs system, the Autonomous Teleport system, which is made up a series of planet-based jump gates that allows people to teleport individually to any planet with another ATs gate; sadly this system has severe limits and starships are still used to transfer cargo, large inanimate objects, supplies and other goods.

The Planets will focus on creating the Planets, Species, Cultures and other things that have to do with making a realistic world. The technology and so on will be worked out by me before hand, so we won't be worrying on that, just so you know. As this is a highly futuristic setting, things like AI's, Uplifts, Nanotechnology, Teleportation, FTL travel and Aliens abound in the setting, and the planet Earth has long since been lost to time, as in fact have most of the homeworlds of the aliens species who inhabit the world of The Planets.

This world will have several plots running behind it, including (maybe) one where a foreign power invades or attacks The Planets Federation, a few ideas that have to do with internal wars, and maybe a bioweapon escaping. I intend to run this world so that several role-plays, each set in different parts of the setting and some even in different times, can all be running at once. And, of course, you'll be allowed to create your own plots set in the world, as long as they don't break any of this worlds rules.

If you're interested, please vote or post to show your interest. I will assume that you're interested unless you say otherwise if you post, and I'll PM everyone once I'm ready to the move on to the next step.

Thanks,
Asvaldr.

Enigma
07-17-2011, 03:33 PM
This sounds like fun! I'm in! ^ _ ^

Xanthuss
07-18-2011, 10:56 AM
It seems I have a problem. 3 people have voted, but I made a mistake and the usernames of the voters haven't been made public and I have no idea who voted, so could the people who voted please identify themselves? Either by PM or post is fine, Thanks!

And I'm glad your interested Enigma :)

Enigma
07-18-2011, 04:58 PM
It seems I have a problem. 3 people have voted, but I made a mistake and the usernames of the voters haven't been made public and I have no idea who voted, so could the people who voted please identify themselves? Either by PM or post is fine, Thanks!

And I'm glad your interested Enigma :)

I'm now Padishah Assica Misynia Otatus of the Middle Spirit Tribe and her Hell Spawned Pet Panda Mister Tibbs. Say hello, Mister Tibbs.

;>

DB.
07-18-2011, 11:39 PM
I just voted, first selection

Xanthuss
07-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Thanks for letting me know DB. :)

DB.
07-19-2011, 04:30 AM
No problem ^_^

Eldora
08-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I would most definately be interested, if positions are still available.

Xanthuss
08-25-2011, 03:50 AM
I thought this was long dead, but if DB and Enigma are still interested, and we can get 2 more members, I would love to try and do this again :)
Any other interest around?

~ Asva

Enigma
08-27-2011, 12:35 AM
It's my intention to do the full court thing. bwhahahaha