PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Shadows ~OOC~

Elizabeth16
07-17-2011, 05:15 PM
2011, 12 September.

I have finally done it. I have changed the DNA sequence to a steady, reproducing Altered Human. They are intelligent. They are the ultimate warriors. They are capable of love, and hate. They are everything I wanted my Alters to be.

I can now rest in peace.

This is the entry of the Creator. It is the last Entry of the Book of Creation, something long lost. Lost, you say? Yes. Alters did not stand by the humans, waiting for their smaller minds and weaker bodies to destroy the earth. One day, the human governments were gone. Simply disappeared. There were no newspaper articles about the Alters taking over the Government, or renaming the North American Continent "Levimech". It was easy, and safer. There were no wars. Drugs disappeared as well as the evil men of the world. Peace had come through the Alters.

Until 2985AD.

Some of the Levimech began to notice their abilities were diminishing. They were living shorter lives, and experiencing spells of immense pain, as if they were unraveling inside. In a effort to hide it from the humans they protected, the Head told the secret of the Levimech powers to a select group of scientists, asking them to re-strengthen the DNA coding. The scientists worked for years, and the problems of the Levimech grew worse. But, they did discover a DNA sequence similiar to the Levimech Alters. They began testing it on young Alters, and even a few human children.

It seemed to be perfect on the humans. They became New Alters, seemingly stronger than the Levimech Alters themselves. They had a piece of skill from every one of the Levimech Clans, with all the intelligence of the Alters. But for the young Alter children the new code had been given to, the pain increased, and the children, buried with agonizing screams still in the scientist's minds, caused them to give up.

The Head wasn't ready to let go; he had all of the lab put on high security, and had the information put on hold, until he could find a team willing to restart their work.

Several years ago, the DNA code disappeared. The Humans turned Alters had been missing for ages. Until, it came to light that they, these new Alters who called themselves "Shadows", were using the DNA code to turn humans of Levimech into Shadow Alters.

So, the Alters began a hunt for the Shadows. Alters were dying, trying to protect the humans of each Clan. For the Shadows had a mix of each Clan's Blood, and could easily overpower a single Clan Guard. They wanted the world to be one of only Alters, and steadily went about it. They took their New Shadows with them, growing in power.

There was only one thing to be done. The Head called Council to the Three Clans, and formed a team, with the best of each Clan, to go and put a stop the Shadows. This was the beginning of the Fall of the Alter's Reign.

LEVIMECH ALTERS:
These Alters have ruled for 800 years, dedicating their lives to protecting the humans, and maintaining peace. Each Alter has a very strong body, stronger than strongest human. Their eyesight is remarkable, able to see details of a picture over a 1/2 a mile away, and can hear conversations within a mile. Thief heartbeat is slower, allowing more stress to be placed on the body, and the healing mechanisms are 250% fast than a normal human healing rate. (what would take 2 days for a human to heal takes 3 hours.) They are sensitive to the electrical impulses given off by the body.

Over the years, the Alters have divide into three Clans, each with it's own special developed skill.
CLANS:

Kuri: these Levimech Alters have trained themselves to be able to sense the emotion of those around them, honing it to the point they can sense a change so well in battle, they can predict the next movement. Using this sense, they are masters of manipulation and sensing lies. Their Physical strength is that of an average Alter.

Toraka: these Alters have used the sense of electricity to control their own electric currents. If a Toraka gets his hands on you, he can read your thoughts, and mess with your brain. They have been known to paralyze opponents, and leave them braindead. They have the weakest physical ability, but make up for it by shifting small amounts of electricity to different parts of their body in defense and offense.

Vyon: Vyons are the brawn of the Alter world, having the most compact muscles and highest physical limits of any Alter. They can outrage a cheetah, and run longer than a wolf. Their muscles can withstand nearly any stress, but all emotional sensing is gone in the Vyon. They tend to be able to hide and hunt well, and have the best hearing and eyesight.

Each Original Alter has some shade of purple eyes.

They Alters see the Shadows as destroying human happiness, making Shadows a threat.

THE SHADOWS:
New Alters, calling themselves Shadows, have stolen the DNA code in a attempt to allow the human population, who had been dictated by the Alters foe so long, to live a longer, stronger life. Shadows are a combination of each clan, and can all sense emotions, are all strong, and have limited electrical ability, but none are stronger in each sense than the original Clan. Once they discovered a group of the multi talented Alters could overpower and begin to save the humans, they began going to each village, in hopes of creating Shadow Villages, where no human would be trapped in mortality, and no Alter would dictate. Shadows are masters of hiding, and are extremely intelligent.

They want to have a Alter and human free Levimech.

It is 2999. There are 208 Levimech Alters, and approximatly 91 Shadows, with numbers growing. Alters are hiding the pain ripping through them, and Shadows are hiding Changed humans.

It is time for a Change.

CHARACTER BIO:

name:
Appearance:
Type of Alter: (Shadow or Levimech Alter)
Clan: (if Alter)
History:
Personality:

LEVIMECH:

Since the reign of the Alters began, the humans continued to live a normal life. levimech is in the MidWest of Canada, where mountains are just as close to forests are to plains. The Kuri Clan is located in a country town (think of old Cowboy cities) in a plain, between the mountains and the forest. The Toraka have taken residence in a mountain Resort town. The Vyon live in the forest, preferring to have built their own village. The Head of Levimech lives by the large lake, on the south edge of Levimech territory. Shadows have no territory, instead, living as nomads in teams of 4 throughout the territory. The families of the Shadows live on the Southern edge of the moutains, in a rusting, once thriving city.

There are no cars, and electricity is limited. TVs no longer work, and they are convertin back to cooking over fires, and reading books with candles. It is not uncommon for each family to have a horse. Bullets were put out of production long ago, and the Alters and humans hunt with Bows and Arrows, Slingshots, Knives, Swords, etc. Technology, except in a research facility within the Shadow Village, is near lost.

:D

Lox
07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
name: Gauss

Appearance: A man with black, shortcut hair, and blood-red eyes, no doubt a result of Alter DNA given to him. Usually wears camouflage pants and combat boots, together with a simple black T-shirt and a heavy poncho, that serves to keep him warm in cold temperature. Carries a recurve longbow with him as a weapon, together with a survival knife that never leaves his side, and a Jian, a Chinese longsword, on his back.

Type of Alter: Shadow alter

History: Gauss grew up in a small village in the mountains. One day, it was visited by a group of wandering mercenaries and shadow alters. The shadow alters were welcomed in the village with open arms, and treated as guests should. A few days later, they left again. But they had barely left before alters of the Kuri clan arrived. Hunting the shadow alters, they asked where they had gone, and the villagers lied, unfamiliar with the fact that the Kuri clan alters could easily see through their lies.

They were punished for it. It was a bloodbath, and nobody survived, except for a young boy that was hiding. When the Kuri alters left, the shadow alters returned, drawn there by the smoke. They found only one boy alive, young Gauss, struggling to bury his mother and only family. Afterwards, he was taken in by the shadow alters, and turned into a shadow alter himself as well.

Gauss grew up nurturing an intense hatred for Levimech alters. He was trained by the shadow alters he traveled with, in survival, and in how to fight, and in time, became a mercenary himself as well. In due time, he left the group to wander the wilderness by himself.

Personality: Warm-hearted, kind and passionate are words that would well describe Gauss. But, almost as if trying to cover up this side of him, he is also cocky, arrogant, sarcastic and smart-mouthed, something stemming from far too much confidence. He respects strength, and respects his enemies as long as they prove worthy of respect.

Elizabeth16
07-17-2011, 08:07 PM
~ACCEPTED~

My poor Kuri! You make them seem like murderers! (Yea... I'm a tad Go-Levimech ;D)

What I plan to do is have 3-6 Alters on the Hunt Team, which is trying to hint down the Shadows.

As for the Shadow members, I'd like to see you form together, in as many numbers, but try not to go over 6, to fight back.

Though there are only these main two teams, remember, for the story, they Alters are always fighting shadows, and the numbers are always changing.

Lox
07-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Gotcha. Haha, well, you know what they say; everything is fair in love and war, and no doubt there's a war between the shadow alters and the kuri. XD

Anyways, it's probably time for Gauss to actually travel with others again, so I'm sure it won't be a problem to gang him up with some other shadow alters. :D

The Shadow
07-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I'll get a cs up when I get back on my comp. So hard to decided between shadow and Levimech, even taking my username into account XD

Lox
07-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Go with Shadow, go with Shadow! Don't let them darn Levimechs win!!! XD

Elizabeth16
07-17-2011, 08:35 PM
My Characters:

Name: Alice
Appearance: Alice's light purple eyes stand out against her dark, auburn hair. Her hair stays loose around her neck, curling around the off the top black shirt she usually wears. One can see the faint hint of a white tank underneath, and above her pants, a line of skin
usually shows. She wears jeans, and never any shoes, convinced she can run faster. Instead, she wraps bandages around the arc and heel to provide support. On a holster on her belt, she has two sharp 10in hand daggers, and in a back pouch, several throwing knives.
Alter Type: Levimech Alter
Clan: Kuri
History: Growing up admist a honest, open, and caring Clan, Alice was raised to be a freespirit, trusting those around her, and herself. But when her Alter training began, and she was exposed to the secrets people had learned to hide, her outgoing personality began to diminsh. As is custom, at 17, she began to stand Guards with the Kuri Alters, and traveling.

It was then, her first time going to the Toraka border because of a mysterious trail, that she had to use her skills fully, and the first time she felt the Alter's Pain. At 18, she saw two of her guard die under the hands of mysterious Alters with red eyes. Shadows, they said. Since then, she darkened even more, determined not to lose another fighter. Her pain turned into training, and her daggers turned into feared weapons. She became skilled, moreso than others, in sensing lies from the Leaders. For this reason, thru sent her to the Clan Council.
Personality: Once happy and carefree, Alice tends to always be trapped in fighter mode, always looking to protect and defend. She had no hard feelings for the other Clans, only the Shadows who threatened the humans, and her Alters. Her heart went out to the humans; she would often be invited into their homes for dinner, and it was at this time she relaxed. A Kuri's trust is hard to gain; hers is harder. She is a leader, and tends to make it known, but she knows when to step down.

Name: Jake
Appearance: Jake has blonde hair, which he keeps styled short, pushing it up in the front. His skin is tanned immensely, and none of his clothes can hide the fact he has a powerful set of muscles. Having brown eyes before he was Changed, he now has deep red eyes, eyes that still appear brown until the sun shows off their red glint. He wears BDU pants, with black boots, and a dark grey V-neck shirt. He has a glove on his left hand. His only carries a short dagger, 8in, prefering close combat.
Type: Shadow Alter
History: Stolen from the Vyon Clan from his parents at the age of 6, he was imprinted to have a immense hate for the Alters. The power the DNA and the Shadows gave him changed his entire life; made it better. He remember people from Vyon, humans who needed help. The Shadows trained him in the three skills, and he found his niche in the power of his body, and the pain he could give back to the Alters with electricity in his hands. Jake was put second in command of a Change Team.
Personality: Jake is quiet, only saying what truely needs to be said on thrbattle field, but soon off and with fellow Shadows, he enjoys joining in on campfire conversation, and takes a secret pleasure in cooking. He is not one to brag at winning a fight, but wouldn't be considered humble. He has a goal, and he wants to see it get done; but he realized too that it is his only life: he has to live it.

Elizabeth16
07-17-2011, 08:37 PM
See, that's what I like about this storyline- there really is no right or wrong sides.

I'm still trying to decide how it's going to end... And yes, you will all cry. :)

Shadow, my dear! I thought about you and your haunting me, and it fit :)

Kris
07-17-2011, 09:17 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

enaz
07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
name: Axel
Appearance: Axel has dark purple eyes, and long black hair that flows to his shoulders. He is usually seen wearing a open vest that shows off his tattoo (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB39VPCHBKBcqtxWGD80uzXq3vdehlp 7muL9mUQVvE7jAa-Pk-) He is also seen wearing jeans that are torn at the bottom. He also carries with a long katana that is 4'6 feet long. His skin is a light brown, and he is very muscular standing at 5'11. He also keeps a dagger tucked into a sheath thats clipped onto his belt. He would usually walk barefoot, or wear a pair of boots.
Type of Alter: Levimech Alter
Clan: Vyon
History: Being in the Vyon clan had never been easy for Axel as he grew up. All they seemed to care about was fighting, and violence. There were some that didn't act that way, but not many. Axel was at first at the bottom of the chain never given any respect, and always messed with. Then he was eventually put into the lab to overlook the creation of the new generation of Alters. His pains put him through so much misery, and when he saw the humans, and children going through the pains he felt his heartbreak. He started to bond with one of the humans that were being experimented on. Being around the same age Axel, and the human bonded greatly and seemed like brothers. What no one knew was that Axel had released the human so he could be free. He was never thought of as the person who had did it. Then another day all of the test subjects escaped. Axel put the blame on himself thinking that the human he had released had come and freed the rest. There was a massacre in the lab, as the new alters broke free slaughtering the scientist, and other Alter. Axel had to fight against them, and was able to kill some while the others escaped. He was told by the other clans, and the leader of his own that what had really happened could never be told, and they make him take a oath of secrecy. Now he is one of the top members of the Vyon clan, hunting for his old friend wanting to know why he betrayed him.
Personality: Axel is warm hearted and cares for the Shadows as their called. He felt a bond to them like a father, and will try to avoid killing them if he can. He also feels that the war should be stopped and a agreement should be made, but noone ever listens to that. He believes that the war will consume everyone, and probably neither the shadows, or Alter will survive. He feels as if he has sinned testing on the Shadows and thinks he deserves death. He fights in the name of what he thinks is right not what the Alter think is right.

Elizabeth16
07-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Very interesting... Exactly what I'd expect from you~!
~Accepted~

I'd like to see a Toraka and another Shadow join before I even consider putting up an IC.

SikstaSlathalin
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I'll take the Toraka it's screams ninja to me.

Elizabeth16
07-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Siksta :) why, thank you, dearest :)

(loved the post on Key, btw)

SikstaSlathalin
07-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Name: Kaza
Appearance:http://www.cosplaykitten.com/reference/csin.jpg Due to the Shinobi-no-mono books she was fed and trained by she carries a vast array of daggers, wires, spikes, kunai, shuriken, black eggs, darts, and a katana.

Type of Alter: Levimech
Clan: Toraka
History: Her particular family in the Toraka clan found 5 large chests full of old clothing and weapons alongside books entitled Shinobi-no-mono: The way of the Shadows. In them were filled step-by-step and detailed entries about ancient shadow warriors of the old world. From the moment they found the books they have been committed to memory of every member of her immediate family. Every child was trained in these ways since they could walk. And being Toraka's they were particularity skilled at being silent and extremely deadly. Kaza is the youngest full Kunoichi in her family right now and she has no intention of letting her pain beat her, they learned much about meditation and blocking out pain.

Personality: Quiet and relaxed but always ready to leap to action and strike like the shadow. When not on a mission or in a bad mood she's pleasant and talkative. Always glad to make a friend.

Elizabeth16
07-19-2011, 03:32 AM
~Approved~

(of course, Siks.) I like your outtake. Each one of you is adding something to the Clans. :D

I'm looking for 1-2 more shadows, though any more Alters are ok as well!

SikstaSlathalin
07-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Nifty.

Elizabeth16
07-24-2011, 05:05 AM
TO ANYONE IN THIS ROLEPLAY~

First off, I apologize for not being the best GM; life has gotten busy between a new horse and work, and starting Tuesday, I'll be on a two week long vacation. Upon my return, I will submit this for Rolepkay of the week, and get this restarted.

I'm asking to Mods not to move it quite yet :P Im still going to fight for this one!

If anyone has any questions, just send me a PM. I will get back quickly <3! I'm so sorry for the delay :(

Elizabeth16
08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
ROLEPLAY BACK ON

Is everyone still interested?

ChiliChiliWongo
08-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Im interested in joining... but im a cautios person who prefers to ask before posting a character. Is it all right?

Elizabeth16
08-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Aww! Of course! I'm still getting people back in! If you have any questions or clarifications, just ask <3!

How did you find this RP, may I ask?

ChiliChiliWongo
08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I was just checking out a post on one of the threads a new guy started and that you had replied on. I clicked on the link from your signature.

Lox
08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm also still interested. :D

Elizabeth16
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Good, lox :3

Well, Red, we need more Shadows, if you like that :3

The Shadow
08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
remind me in about 10 mins and i'll make my sheet :)

enaz
08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm still in.

Elizabeth16
08-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Alright... I'll make a tracking sheet tomorrow :)

PaganiVillicus
08-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Name: Mika

Appearance: Mika's vibrant violet eyes stand out in contrast with his pale skin and salt and pepper hair. He keeps his hair cut short save for one long strand near his ear which he has braided. He usually wears dark jeans and an orange sweatshirt over some sort of tanktop, matched with a pair of running shoes that he's had for a long time. He carries a sword in a scabbard on his back, and a set of daggers on his belt. He wears a small silver ring on a chain around his neck.

Type of Alter: Levimech

Clan: Kuri

History: Mika's had a pretty uninteresting life up until recently, when a roaming pack of Shadow Alters tracked down and killed a human girl that had been near and dear to his heart. Now he's bent on revenge, and on getting it anyway possible.

His Kuri Alter abilities are average, but ever since he was young he has trained in the art of swordsmanship and ,in combination with his Kuri abilities, is considered deadly with a blade. As a result he is one of those chosen to be on the team that hunts down the Shadow Alters.

Personality: Mika hates the Shadow Alters with a passion, and is willing to go to any lengths to fight them, even if it ends with himself injured. He's loyal, however, and will follow his leader's orders against his own desires. Mika prefers the company of humans than his own kind. He is kind, has the tendency to be sarcastic when threatened, and loves puppies. (irrelevant, but it's cute).

ChiliChiliWongo
08-07-2011, 01:49 AM
I'll get a character sheet in tomorrow.

Mr. Rope
08-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I dunno, it looks to me like the Shadows are the good guys here.
Anyways, I'd like to join, if it's still open. =D

Name: Thaddeus Rope

Appearance: Average height, lean, and broad shouldered. His posture is notably good. He has short brown hair and blank, cold blue eyes, wearing an open black suit and tie with a white button down shirt underneath.
Type of Alter: Shadow

History: Thaddeus, more often referred to as Mr. Rope (Oh, THAT'S where the username came from!) was a an assassin before he was ever an Alter. Not the rooftop-jumping ninjas that most people think of when they hear Assassin, either. The real kind. He and his partner/roommate were by far the most expensive of the few their trade that managed to stay hidden from the Alters, with no failed hits and not a single trace left for authorities to find, assuming they managed to figure out it wasn't an accident.

After the untimely death of his partner, however, Rope thought more about his life, eventually deciding that it was time to do something more productive with himself. And so he became a Shadow.

Personality: Thaddeus never opens up. To anyone. Aside from his former partner, nobody has seen Mr. Rope behave as anything but polite and formal. He's certainly talkative, and most people even fail to realize that he's withholding his emotions. He was, after all, a professional. He would lose quite a bit of business if he let emotions cloud his judgement.

PaganiVillicus
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
I love your character, Mr. Rope.

Drakkon
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM
HI! Was wondering if you still were accepting people. If so may I make a character?

SikstaSlathalin
08-14-2011, 10:26 PM
So any idea when the IC will be up?

LittleLionFire
08-25-2011, 12:15 AM
name: Tiberius

Appearance: She has long midnight black hair, with bangs framing her left eye. She has high set cheek bones, and slanting eyes. Her eyes are a bright vibrant shade of purple, but they are cold looking, if you stare into them. Her skin is a dark tan all over, and she is about 5' 6", so medium height. She is lanky looking, with hidden muscles and long lags. She has a flaming wolf tatoo leaping up her left leg from ankle to mid-thigh.

Type of Alter: Levimach

Clan: Vyron

History: She was abandoned by her parents, left to fend for herself. She is a skilled fighter, but not as strong as the rest. She makes up for it in her speed, and ferociousness. She is a vicious girl and cold hear-ted.

Personality: She is vicious, cold hearted, shy, sly, cunning, and savage. She is more animal than human in her personality.