PDA

View Full Version : Legal Affairs (M) Lerouge and Misty

Mysteria
12-25-2009, 03:41 AM
(Rated M for sensuality and sexuality which may or may not happen, language and anything else that may be deemed as too adult for a restricted audience.)

Brianna Monroe had seen him around town a few times before at the usual places one might run into locals in a mid size town, the store, the mall, and just this morning she had seen him at The Coffee Corner as he was walking in and she was walking out. They’d nodded a polite hello before she was on her way again. She’d been stopping in at The Coffee Corner every morning for the past six months on her morning walk to work at the Law Offices of Werner/Taylor.

She enjoyed her job there as an administrative assistant and office manager. The position had afforded her the luxury of her own private office close enough to keep an eye on the ten women under her charge, but far enough away for her not to be involved in the daily prattle and gossip that flew around in those types of environment. Brianna liked it that way. She was friendly enough with the ladies who worked for her and had struck up a good balance of being approachable and accessible, without becoming overly involved with any of them. She kept a strict rule of only socializing with them outside of the office when the need arose, but for the most part limited her interactions with them. It was a rule she had established for herself a long time ago and it served the purpose as it did help both her and her employees to do their jobs more efficiently and it kept the lawyers office running smoothly. It was all business for her at her nine to five job. The hours suited her life style as she had never been one to like being forced to wake early and rush around. Yes, this job was perfect for her, other than sometimes it could be a bit boring.

This day was as typical as any other day. She’d showered and dressed in her usual business attire. She’d chosen a simple black pin striped jacket worn over a maroon colored blouse with a matching pin striped pencil skirt that hugged her curves nicely and came to rest right above her knee. She threw her long brown caramel streaked hair into a twisted bun, slipped on some black heels and walked out of the front door to begin her day.

It was the same routine every day. One block up, grab a java at The Coffee Shop, then another half a block to work and through the front doors, up one flight of steps to the main offices. Next would come the customary rounds of morning greetings being exchanged.

“Any calls Sarah?” Her secretary replied to her boss with a “No Ms. Monroe. Mr. Werner will be out all day. He said to forward all of his calls into voice mail, and that he will be back in the morning.

“Thank you Sarah, I’ll be in my office.”

Mid morning and the usual crisis. Nit picking bullshit between two of the office girls. Admittedly, Brianna herself was not a lot older than those girls at the age of twenty eight, but she’d had enough of experience dealing with these situations when she worked in Chicago. Oh well, she’d just have to play the bitch again. She really didn’t mind, after all, that’s the reason the firm paid her such a decent salary to begin with. It was her job, and she was a professional. The crisis dealt with, she headed back to her office thinking about Chicago. If she ever got back there again, it would be too soon.

The morning ticked by slowly. A quick break for lunch and she had buried herself in her paperwork again. The intercom buzzed. What now? “Yes Sarah, what is it?” Her secretary sounded upset. “Joseph Turners on the other line. He insists on speaking with Mr. Werner.” The old man always seemed to intimidate Sarah, but he didn’t intimidate Brianna. The truth was that few men did.

“Put him through.”

A half an hour, a lot of sweet talk, and a splitting headache later Brianna finally hung up the phone.

A stack of paperwork and the work week was finished.

She made the short walk home, kicked off her heels and bolted the door behind her. Damn it felt good to finally have those heels off.

A glass of wine and a joint later-

Brianna was sitting on the back porch taking a few minutes to relax before getting ready to go to her favorite haunt. Gallagher’s Lounge. It was Friday night and she had no plans on sitting at home this weekend. It had been a few weeks since she’d had a chance to go out while relatives had been visiting and she was ready for a night out.

If anyone at the office were to see her now they would never have believed it was her. Her long hair now hung loosely and fell freely around her shoulders. The pin striped suit had been replaced by ablack denim skirt that fit just right and accentuated her shapely form without being too short or tight like most of the girls that hit the clubs up usually wore. Brianna appreciated a good looking man giving her a second glance, she enjoyed a good time on any day of the week and twice on Sundays too, but she knew how to look good without looking like bar room trash, she was classier than that. She had paired her skirt with a sleeveless teal sweater that snugly hugged her naturally bountiful bosom and was cut just low enough to be enticing to the male eye. A pair of tan Roman style sandals adorned her feet. Brianna applied her makeup and finished with a lightly tinted strawberry flavored gloss and she was on her way out the front door again.

Gallagher’s was full by the time she made the short trek over. The bartender Sam was in his predictable rare form “Hey there pretty green eyed lady, what’ll it be tonight?”

“The usual Sam.” Brianna answered, flashing him a smile as she did so. Disaronno on the rocks in hand she made her way to the usual table that she preferred if and when it was available, tucked back in the corner of the bar. She just wanted to kick back and relax.

That’s when she noticed ‘him’ making his way up to the bar from across the room. Of course she’d noticed him, what girl wouldn’t? He looked somehow different than when she’d seen him this morning but then she imagined she herself probably looked different now than what she had in her work attire. Her eyes drifted over his body, appraising his form probably for a few seconds longer than she probably should have, but she knew how to appreciate a good looking man when she saw one.

“Damn.” She said, realizing that she had already downed her fist drink too quickly. The day was a bit more stressful than she’d realized and in an effort to relieve the tension in the back of her neck she lowered her head trying to rub the knot in her shoulders away.

Lerouge
12-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I got a bad disease ,
Up from my brain is where I bleed .
In sanity it seems ,
Is got me by my soul to squeeze .

The alarm clock burst to life causing Nick to sit up in shock and scan the room in surprise before noticing the reason for the music. Chuckling slightly, the palm of his hand hit the off button on the clock which now read 8:15 in bright green letters. The device seemed ancient, but it had been with him throughout his life and hadn't let him down yet so he kept using it. A gentle sigh escaped his lips as his hand ran up through his dirty blonde hair, which was sticking up in random directions indicating the fact that he slept well. His eyes looked down at the blanket that barely covered him now and pushed it aside leaving him almost nude aside from the blue boxers he wore to bed and one sock which hung halfway off his foot.

It took him a few minutes of sitting there eyeing the clock and his pillow and debating with himself about calling in sick before he finally managed to will himself out of bed and into his bathroom. He had always been fast at getting ready in the morning and yet he set his alarm at 8:15 even though he wasn't due into the office till 10, a perk of being the firm's top lawyer. By the time Nick had finished showering and placing his black suit on his bed it was barely 9:00, so he decided to run down the street and grab some coffee. He took his time getting dressed, making sure his red tie was tucked neatly into his jacket before grabbing his wallet, keys, and briefcase and heading out the door.

For someone who was so wealthy, Nick lived a rather humble life in his one bedroom apartment. The firm always frowned upon his lifestyle and on numerous occasions offered to purchase him a house, but he always kindly refused saying "money corrupts" and asking them to just save the money. Yet, he was pampered by them as well wearing only the most designer suits to work and dined at the most expensive restaurants at zero cost to himself. To any outsider looking onto his life, he was poor wearing simple clothes outside of work but the entire city knew his name, his face, and his reputation in the courtroom.

The coffee shop was a five minute walk away from both his house and his office, so it wasn't surprising that he was greeted with a firm handshake and hello from the workers there. He had a tab there which he paid monthly and they never doubted him for a second as they prepared his coffee with 2 cubes of sugar daily. It was the same thing every day, he would walk in and make sweet talk with whichever coffee girl worked behind the counter that day. He was the "stud" of the place, every single girl wanted to be with him and he couldn't blame them, he took care of his figure. Then he would sit at a nearby table, reading the morning paper while waiting for his drink only looking up occasionally. However, one ritual of his never changed, he would look up at one girl who came in daily. He knew who she was and admired her, but never made the first move... that wasn't his style. She had long brownish hair with streaks but yet she was dressed very well, a regular businesswoman. He would watch her for a moment, gazing at her beauty and figure before meeting her eyes and either waving slightly or bowing his head. It was an interesting relationship to say the least, but he couldn't afford to fall for a girl just yet. Afterall, the firm's name was Johnson and sons not Johnson and Lemmings like he was aiming for.

"Nick Lemmings.." came a voice from the girl at the counter snapping him instantly out of his daze and taking his attention from the girl, who vanished into the crowd. "Coffee with cream and two sugars for Mr. Lemmings." She said as she gave him a flirty smile and handing him his drink with a "thank you." He returned the words before turning and leaving the shop and walking the last 5 minutes to his office.

The day at the office was slow, and he spent most of it chatting up the secretaries he worked with. He didn't have a new case yet, so the day was uneventful asides from the occasional ruckus caused by the interns. It was an amusing place to work, but he was grateful when it was over and he could leave.

He had plans to get drinks with some friends this evening, so he got ready in the most simple way. His tie and jacket was tossed aside, and the sleeves of his shirt was rolled up to his elbows and held in place. It was a quick change, but his demeanor changed with it from "successful businessman" to "young stud" as he drove to the bar where the words Gallagher’s Lounge flashed above the building. It was a small yet busy place and you were certain to meet someone exciting every night, but he just wanted to relax and hopefully alcohol will help him do that.

Nick walked into the building and was instantly greeted by a group of co-workers who seemed to be taking shots of something strong, well the look on their faces indicated it was strong. He enjoyed his drinks strong, but always believed taking shots was disrespectful to what he was drinking. He ordered a simple rum and coke with a 3-1 ratio of alcohol to soda, it was death in a cup yet he had no trouble drinking it. He laughed, drank, chatted with friends and enjoyed himself before one by one the crowd he was with died down leaving him alone and rather buzzed.

After walking the last friend out of the door and into a cab, he made his way to the bar and sank onto one of the stools turning in it as he faced the crowd. Then his eyes met those of a girl across the bar, it was only for a slight moment but he recognized her almost instantly. "Well... seems she and I have similar tastes in bars and coffee shops. She cleans up well..." He muttered loud enough for Sam the barman to hear him. "What can you tell me about her Sam old friend?"

The barman looked up and smiled before turning back to the glass he was wiping with a rag. "You are out of you're league Nick, her name is Brianna and she isn't just any old girl. Just give it up and pick up one of the more drunk girls if you are looking to get lucky."

Nick laughed softly, his head turning back toward Sam and smiled. "Come on Sam... you know me better than that..." He muttered before finishing the rest of his drink and looking at the girl once again, who was now massaging her shoulders once again. "Brianna... I wonder if I should..." He sat there quietly weighing his options and shook his head deciding not to go over. "No... not yet..." He muttered as he watched her quietly wondering what she did, who she was, everything about her.

Mysteria
12-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Brianna rolled her head from side to side trying to ease the tension she felt in it. Opening her eyes she allowed her green orbs to look around the room as she contemplated getting another drink. Brianna had never been a heavy drinker but she definitely felt like she could use another one tonight to help her loosen up just a bit.

Looking over towards the bar she raised her glass to Sam indicating that she wanted another one and to have one of his waitresses bring her another. At first she didn't realize who was sitting there talking to Sam. He looked slightly different than he did in his business suite. It was the same man from The Coffee Corner. The man was Nick Lemmings. Of course Brianna knew his name. Everyone in town knew his name. Even though she knew his name they had never been formally introduced and in all of the time that she had been going for her morning coffee they had never really spoken other than to say hello or good morning. Brianna doubted very much that he even knew her name. He was a hot shot lawyer and she was just a legal assistant.

The waitress Brianna knew to be called Sal came with her drink. Brianna didn't know her very well either other than they called her Sal and she figured that it was probably short for Sally. Brianna thanked her and before she turned to leave as an afterthought called her back and slid some money across the table and instructed her to have Sam give Nick Lemming a drink on her. Brianna was certain that she would never be what one would consider Nick Lemmings type but there wasn't any harm in extending a friendly gesture.

Sal left and Brianna began nursing her drink again. One of the patrons dropped some change into the jukebox and the music started playing. Music was one thing that helped Brianna relax as long as it wasn't the type of music that she didn't like which was admittedly very little.

Lerouge
12-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Nick and Sal continued talking for a while longer, not about Brianna specifically but just about the city. He didn't want to make it obvious to the barman that he was interested in the girl, but he knew he had to weasel some information out of him. The advantage of asking a barman is that he knew something about everyone and was usually too drunk to realize he was talking too much.

"Brianna Monroe is her name." He began when he noticed her nod asking for another drink and started preparing it. "I don't know too much about her but I think she works in that one firm that your's is always fighting against.. ya kno' that one. She comes in here on weekends and gets the Disa' on the rocks, it's her favorite like you and your Rum n' Coke." Sam stopped talking as he placed the drink on the counter in front of him and whistling toward a very pretty girl that had been serving drinks. Nick knew her rather well considering they had gone out one, a drunken fling as they called it, but luckily remained friends. She came over and rested a hand on Nick's leg and said hello only to be shooed off by Sam.

Nick laughed softly as he continued watching Brianna curiously as she talked to the waitress for a few minutes. "What else do you know Sam?" Nick questioned as he reached for his glass only to remember that it had ice left and nothing more.

Sam shrugged slightly as he waited for the waitress to come back, the two talked in whispers for a second before she walked off. "Well mate... it seems to be your lucky night." He began once again as he filled another glass with the Rum and Coke and placed it next to Nick's arm. "Drink from the little lady." Nick's head turned suddenly and stared at the barman, his jaw dropping in surprise as his eyes turned down to the drink taking it and sipping it.

"Oh really? Put the rest of her tab for the night on mine Sam... thanks for the info." With that he picked up the glass and began walking over to Brianna. His eyes watched her carefully, scanning her figure slightly trying not to make it obvious as he arrived at her table. "Mind if I join you, Ms. Monroe?" He asked as he flashed her a gentle smile.

Mysteria
12-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Brianna had looked away when she realized that Nicholas Lemmings had glanced her way. Her eyes scanned the lounge to see if there was anyone else present that she recognized. At the far end of the room saw a group of people that were the regular at Gallaghers. She knew a few of them by name but for the most part didn't know any of them well. The truth was she usually came to Gallaghers just to unwind more than socialize. Most of her closest friends lived back in Chicago and she still kept in touch with them but rarely ever did she visit the windy city anymore. Her parents had both moved to Florida for the warmer climate after she had moved to Jersey.

The sound of her name being spoken brought her back to the present and when she turned her head she was met by the brown eyes and gentle smile of Nicholas Lemmings.

"Mind if I join you, Ms. Monroe?"

A soft smile came to Brianna Monroes face and she was positive that it had arrived with a blush too. It was easy for her to know his name but how on earth had he known hers? Brianna couldn't help but wonder to herself. Brianna nodded and gestured for him to sit down as she spoke "I don't mind at all if you wish to join me please be my guest.' Brianna extended her hand across the table and made the inevitable formal introduction "It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Lemmings. Please call me Brianna there is no need to call me Ms. Monroe."

As he took his seat Brianna took a long drink from her half full glass. Few men had ever given her butterflies in her stomach but suddenly she felt she was going to need the extra shot of confidence that the drink would supply her with.

Lerouge
12-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Nick smiled as he rested his glass on the table in front of her and sank his body into the chair. His eyes looked into her's trying to read her thoughts and noticed the color on her cheeks changing to red, his charm never lets him down. "Brianna huh?" He muttered as his body leaned back and his arms slunk over the back of the chair. "First of all, not even my clients call me Mr. Lemming so please call me Nick."

Nick smiled at her gently as his hand reached for the drink sitting in front of him and held it in front of her. "Secondly, thank you very much for the drink. You must be psychic as well as beautiful, I was just thinking about getting another one as Sam mentioned yours. I truly appreciate it and would be honored if you would allow me to purchase the next round." As he spoke he could hear a slightly chuckle from the counter that he recognized as Sam. Sly man listening in... He thought to himself as he pressed the tip of his glass against Brianna's right before she took a sip. "To you..." He muttered before downing the rest of the cup and waving it slightly over his head indicating that they needed another round.

Setting the glass on the table, his eyes turned toward Brianna once again. "Now our dear friend Sam spoke rather highly of you, said you worked for a law firm? What firm is it?" He leaned forward resting his elbows on the table and his head on his hand as he watched her. This new position seemed to change his entire aura, turning him from the hotshot of the room to a teenager interested to learn about something. His eyes looked into hers as he smiled gently and the thought that first came to his head was that her eyes were beautiful. Shaking his head slightly, he tried to focus on her words and not on her beauty although he found it difficult.

Mysteria
12-26-2009, 10:57 PM
"First of all, not even my clients call me Mr. Lemming so please call me Nick."

Brianna smiled replying "Pleased to meet you Nick my friends call me Bree." Nicks next statement took Brianna a bit off guard and although she figured he was just laying it on a bit thick she simply smiled and allowed him to continue speaking catching the sound of a chuckle coming from Sam's direction. She shot Sam a look as if to tell him to behave himself and then clinking her glass to Nicks she said "To new friends" and allowed her tongue to linger on the edge for just a moment as she breathed in the warm aroma before taking a long sip.

Having taken a drink she sat her glass down. Looking directly at Nick she answered his question. "I work at the Law Offices of Werner/Taylor. I'm the head legal assistant there. I am familiar with your firm Johnson and Sons. Our firms have been pitted against each others on many occasions. It's a bit odd that we've never met before though but well, here we are!" Brianna continued speaking about her job. "Actually, I like my job very much. I have ten girls under my charge. Our firm is a large firm and each of our founding members have a staff of five that are designated to helping each of them. I work directly for them both and I manage the young women in the office.. It has it's ups and downs but I enjoy the challenge that it provides."

Realizing that she was rambling on Brianna reached for the glass and swirling the ice around in it she finished the remainder of it. Just then Sam announced the clubs entertainment for the evening and they began their show with a slow song. Brianna leaned back in her chair watching as couples began filtering out onto the dance floor.

Lerouge
12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Nick listened to her quietly however due to either the alcohol or the darkness of the room he was having trouble following everything she was saying. However the name Werner/Taylor did ring a bell in his mind, explaining how she knew his name and so much about him. Midway through her speech they were interrupted momentarily by Sal, who came and placed both of their drinks on the table roughly before storming off again. Nick watched her for a moment, and couldn't help but chuckle to himself as he lifted the new glass and took a sip from it.

His eyes turned back toward Brianna as the music started playing. Something about the timing seemed too perfect, Sam's doing he supposed. That old man is going to pay he thought to himself as his eyes turned toward the people dancing and watching one of them. He dreaded dancing, it was something he always feared since he was young and something he normally avoided doing.

"You seem to be doing very well in your firm." He began with a gentle sigh hoping to fight off what he knew he must eventually ask her. "It's a very corrupt business, a pretty girl like you must be have the male's in your firm wrapped around your little finger." A gentle smile appeared on his face as his eyes glued to one particular couple who's lips had met during the dance, an at once he felt his face turn red. The first thought that came to his mind was kissing this girl sitting across from him and with a quick shake of his head tossed the thought away. Curse my romantic heart...

Mysteria
12-31-2009, 05:40 PM
"It's a very corrupt business, a pretty girl like you must be have the male's in your firm wrapped around your little finger."

Brianna looked at Nick with a slight smile as she shook her head as she spoke "No most of the men in our firm are married and even if they weren't I doubt highly I'd have anyone wrapped around my little finger. Besides, I prefer men to be a bit more independent than that."

As the song was ending Brianna finished her drink only to hear the strains of another slow song floating on the air. Through narrowed eyes she looked towards Sam who was smiling at her and nodded his head at her towards the dance floor. Brianna shot him a look as if to tell him to behave himself knowing full well that the dear man would not be content until he saw her and Nick out on that dance floor.

With a deep sigh she looked across the table to Nick and said "It would seem our friend Sam is not going to be happy until he gets a dance out of us so why don't we oblige him so we can get back to our drinks as soon as possible?" Brianna smiled a brilliant smile as she stood up and moved around the side of the table and grabbing Nicks hand not allowing him time to say no she had him half way across the dance floor before he had a chance to resist.

Shooting Sam a slight smirk she wrapped her arms around Nicks neck she began to sway softly to the music. She could feel the tension in Nicks neck and shoulders. Obviously he wasn't very comfortable on a a dance floor. In an effort to put him more at ease she smiled up into his brown eyes before laying her head on his shoulder and pressing her lithe form against the warmth of his muscular chest.

Lerouge
01-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Nick's eyes widened in what would only call fear as she spoke and pulled him up out of the seat. At first he opened his mouth to protest, but by the time he managed to get a word in they were already in the middle of the dance floor. He gulped softly as he watched her move closer to him while his brain filled with various curse words he would glady throw at "their friend Sam." That damn old man is laughing at me right now... I just know it. He thought to himself as he watching Brianna wrap her arms around him while placing his hands on her waist softly.

He was tense as he moved, watching each one of his motions carefully as his lips remained tight. It had been almost 2 years since he had to have a slow dance with someone, the last being at his friend's wedding because he was forced to. Slowly she resting her head on his shoulder and moved closer to him, allowing Nick to wrap his hand around her and rest on her lower back. He was calming slightly and with a gentle sigh took the lead in the dance, turning them in gentle circles. Her body fit well against his and the feel of her curves was toying with Nick's animalistic side, yet his romantic side was enjoying her presence. He leaned his head down gently so his lips were against her ear and he whispered to her.

"I'm sorry... I don't dance much I'm just a bit nervous." He began as they moved slowly to the music, following it's gentle beat with each step. "So, you are a lawyer and a head turner and is able to make the ever stubborn Nick Lemmings dance. Is there anything else I should know Ms. Brianna Monroe, besides the fact that she is dangerous?" He teased with a gentle chuckle into her ear.

Mysteria
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
The moment they had stepped onto the dance floor Brianna could tell that Nick was tense by the way he held his body and by the way he held her. It only served to encourage her to pull him closer to try to get him relax. With the warmth of his body now fully pressed against her she felt herself blushing into his shoulder and was glad that he wasn't able to see from his vantage point above her. He was a bit taller than her which made it easy for her to hide her face in his shoulder. After a few moments of being on the dance floor she could feel him beginning to loosen up a little as he guided them in gentle circles.

The warmth of his hand on her lower back calmed her somewhat too even though it had send slight shivers through her which she had hoped he hadn't noticed. She was surprised when she began speaking to her. Brianna had looked up at him when he had mentioned that he was a bit nervous and although she wasn't normally very nervous around men she herself seemed to have butterflies as her gaze found his brown eyes looking down at her.

"So, you are a lawyer and a head turner and is able to make the ever stubborn Nick Lemmings dance. Is there anything else I should know Ms. Brianna Monroe, besides the fact that she is dangerous?"

At the words her eyes widened slightly before a slow smile graced her full lips. Not only was he handsome he was playing with fire too. Moving one of her hands that had been wrapped around his neck she began trailing her fingers lightly over the back of his neck as she spoke with a voice soft as silk "Well Mr. Nick Lemmings the only other thing that you should know is that my closer friends call me Bri" she said as her full lips formed each word slowly while she spoke.

Lerouge
01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Nick's body almost shuttered at the feel of her fingers on his neck, they tickled him but not to the point where he would break out laughing. It sent a small shock wave down his spine, but luckily he had kept his composure as he stared into Brianna's green eyes. The song had just ended when she finished speaking, leaving the room to go back into it's previous silence asides from the shuffling of feet leaving the dance floor. Neither of them moved however and continued swaying slightly through the conversation they were having, as if they were the one ones there. Sam chuckled from the bar and walked over to the band and nudging his head in the couple's direction. The band, reluctant at first since they would be required extra payment, was assured that they will be paid in full and resumed their spots on the stage playing the music again.

"Hope you like a 300 band charge on your tab Nick." Sam muttered before returning to the bar and helped serve the other customers.

"Bri, huh?" Nick mused as he watched her, the nervousness from before was totally gone leaving him relaxed and rather entranced by their beautiful woman. "Well I am going to have to remember that." He pulled away from her slowly one arm falling down to his side while the other grabbed hers, lifting her arm above her and giving her a playful twirl before finally pulling her close to him. Even if he hated dancing, all those months of classes he had to take for the wedding did come in awfully handy. As their bodies pressed together again he held her close smiling gently as his head moved closer to hers, their lips an inch apart.

"Well Bri, I hope the fact that you told me that and haven't slapped me yet means we are now friends?"

Mysteria
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Bri, huh? No sooner had Brianna heard the words than Nick stepped away from her and twirled her around. Chuckling to herself Bri couldn't help but think that for someone who didn't seem to like to dance he sure knew his way around a dance floor.

Within seconds she was back in his arms being held close as the dance continued. Not only was she enjoying the warmth emanating from Nick but she was enjoying the closeness of his lips to hers. "Well Bri, I hope the fact that you told me that and haven't slapped me yet means we are now friends?"

Brianna smiled back at him laughing lightly as she replied "You've not given me a reason to slap you Nick so yeah, you could say we are friends now." Laying her head on Nicks shoulder and holding him tightly they danced until the music finally stopped and reluctantly Brianna pulled away but still held onto his hand as she led him back to their seats.

Sitting down she looked at the clock. It was getting late and although she hated to leave she knew she'd never get up the next morning if she didn't call it a night soon. She looked Nicks direction and with a quiet smile she said "Well Nicholas Lemmings, it has been a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance but it's getting late and tomorrows a work day. I've only got a short walk ahead of me to get home but I really guess I should be going now." Brianna attempted another smile. The truth was that she didn't really want to leave and was hoping that this wouldn't be the last time she had the chance to speak to Nick Lemmings.