PDA

View Full Version : Jayn's Tavern (always accepting)

Ceala
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Jayn's Tavern is a hangout for all fantasy characters. Everyone is welcome, and no character sheets are required. Just show up and begin to talk, we'll figure out who you are soon enough.

The setting:
The tavern is pretty simple. It consists of a bar, a fireplace, six or seven tables, several chairs, and a couple stools. It's located in a nameless fantasy world in a medieval time period. No out-of-time-period technology is allowed. For example, swords are ok, guns are not; torches are great, flashlights are not, etc...

The characters:
Jayn, the owner, is a 20-ish woman with long brown hair and blue eyes who can see into the future. She has a few other psychic-related gifts such as the power of persuasion (a form of instant hypnosis) and the ability to pick up on the emotions of the people around her.
The bartender, Rupin, is also 20-ish. He has short black hair and blue eyes. He was born mute, and only Jayn can understand his hand motions. Jayn and Rupin grew up together and treat each other as family.
Jayn is my character and therefore not open for control by other players. Rupin, however, is open for control by pretty much anyone, but you shouldn't be writing from his perspective.

The rules:
You can be as many or as few characters as you like. However, you can only be up to two characters at a time. You can be a regular that shows up for a beer every day after work, or you can be a stranger from another town just in for a quick visit. Feel free to bring characters from other RP's to the tavern. You may run into people you know from other worlds. You can use the same character every time you come in, or you can be a different character each time; it's completely up to you.
If Jayn asks your character to leave, he/she/it must leave without a fight. You may return, but you must use a different character. Other rules are located in the first post of the IC thread.

The plot:
There is no real overarching plot, just characters interacting with one another. It's the Seinfeld of RP's, if you will.

The IC thread:
Is located here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1783). Come and visit!

If you have any questions or comments, post them here and I'll try my best to answer them.

Uncertain
12-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Sounds interesting. What time of the year is it?

Ceala
12-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh, good question. It's fall, the temperature is cool, but not cold. The seasons will change eventually.

Uncertain
12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Okay, great :)
I'll come by for a drink, then.

Ceala
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds great ^^

Shani
12-30-2009, 06:26 AM
This sounds like fun. Mind if I join in.

Ceala
12-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Of course not ^^

roan
12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but sometime I'll have one of my "people" stop by. ^__^

Shani
01-01-2010, 01:48 AM
okay then I like to check before I just jump in

Ceala
01-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Sounds like a plan ^^

misapuff
01-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I think I'll be coming in soon. Is that fine?

Ceala
01-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Sure, go ahead! Just remember to meet and greet with the other characters. This only works if you people are willing to interact.

Mysteria
01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
If you are still in need of players don't forget that you can submit your rp to be show cased as Rp Of The Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)