PDA

View Full Version : This Literate Earth [IC]

Chip the 3rd
07-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Now you will enter a world. A world like none other. A world where our fiction is their fact. A world of danger, excitement... A world of Adventure! Here we go...

The Dice Lord sat alone outside his church. It hadn't been lived in since the invasions started... First were the Martians. Improbable enough, but they died before any real damage. Then, there was the Amigara Fault Enigma, which made even him shudder. A foul plot by a much worse driven force. The Dice Lord did not know much about the Enigma, other than that it was really a plot to get rid of unwanted vigilantes. Oh, vigilantes, so many to choose... A smile crossed his ink-stained lips. Time to roll the dice again...

Ava
07-21-2011, 11:18 PM
The world seemed to whirl with colors....with phrases that seemed to make no sense what-so-ever.

"Would you like some tea?.....Raven.....writing desk....." There was a cat....a cat who smiled. But cats don't smile. Alice screamed as she bolted upright in her bed, not realizing that what she had screamed...seemed to make as much senses as her dream. Because.....who had ever heard of such a place as 'Wonderland'?

Alice scanned the room around her, somehow afraid she was not at home. But that is an idiotic thing to worry about. She told herself firmly. Everything was still there. Her dresser against her left wall, bottles of all colors and shapes spread across it's surface. The hundreds of photographs she had put all across her right wall. Then there was Alice's floor length mirror. It was easily the size of her door on the far wall. She watched herself in the mirror now, watched the fall of her very lengthy blonde hair across her pale skin. The only thing resembling dark on her were her clothes and her eyes.

Sighing Alice went to her dresser, opening it to pull out a short blue dress. It was made of a ice blue silk, and had thin silver swirls running throughout it. She quickly put it on and brushed her hair out into silky waves instead of the tangled rats nest that it had been.

It was time...she couldn't put this day off any longer. As much as she detested arranged marriages, she could not let down her mother. Today was her engagement day, something Alice found unnecessary. Alice woefully picked out a elegant looking crystal bottle, and dropped a few drops onto her wrists. The scent of vanilla filled the air. She risked another sad look at her mirror before leaving...and gasped. The whole frame seemed to shiver as if it were water.

Alice walked to the mirror, almost in a trance. A wind picked up in her room causing her pictures to rip off the walls. Alice reached for the surface and felt a slight tingle as they passed through, she suddenly felt cold...as if the looking glass had somehow became liquid ice. Something about this felt familiar, Alice thought. A moment later the breeze in her room died down, and pictures fluttered to the ground.

"Alice?" Called her mothers voice, right outside her door. The door handle turned and the door opened. "Alice, it's not polite to keep Peter waiting. You should be happy to get someone of his cla-" Her mother stopped, her voice trailing off and sounding lost.

The room was empty.

Chip the 3rd
07-21-2011, 11:21 PM
The Dice Lord felt something shift in the laws of improbability. Whatever could be going on now? He could certainly see something coming through. A human figure... A female? He stepped closer, smiling to himself behind his eternally shifting cloth mask.

"Do not be afraid. Come forth." he called, advancing ever closer to the humanoid shape, which had arrived from seemingly nowhere. He could find no logical reason for this happening, save the laws of improbability drawing this girl in.

(Sorry for the weak post.)

Ava
07-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Alice landed on something hard. It knocked the breath out of her and made her head spin. After a moment she pulled herself up and looked around her. Her head and body were aching, and she was sitting on the ground. Wasn't I just in my room? She asked herself. So how did I get outside...with no sign of my house near.

"Do not be afraid." A male voice called. Alice turned to see a large man with a ever-shifting mask. She felt slightly dizzy just looking at him. "Come forth." He said as he drew closer. Alice frowned to herself. I must be having the dream again...it's only a dream....so no one could hurt her. Why not talk to this strange man.

"Hello, sir." Alice said softly. "Could you tell me where I am? Is it Wonderland?" She asked pulling herself up.

Chip the 3rd
07-24-2011, 07:35 PM
"Wonderland?" responded the Dice Lord, inquisitively. "I suppose it could be called that. Hold on, I shall find out for us." The Dice Lord waved his hand, and five black dots appeared on his mask. "Hrm... Add that to the girl's Luck attribute, subtract from her Confusion status effect... That would make two, which means... I'm sorry, young Miss, but unless your Wonderland is the sort of place that was invaded by the Martians a short while ago, before the Komato drove them away, it is unlikely to be here, but since you are anyway, I may as well introduce myself, would you like that?"

Ava
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Ava tilted her head in confusion. Then finally sighed. Her head was still throbbing and she put her hands on either side of her head.

"So this isn't wonderland...then where is Hatter?" She asked then she thought better of it. "Nevermind...yes, please introduce yourself."

Chip the 3rd
07-24-2011, 11:25 PM
"Well..." began the Dice Lord, "Some people call me the Creator. Some people call me the Dungeon Master. Some people call me Richard Garriot. But you may call me... The Dice Lord." he took another step forward, his hand outstretched.

(Weak post is weak)