PDA

View Full Version : Planetside OOC

:| Undying |:
07-25-2011, 11:16 AM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/Logo-2.png
As hospitable as Earth was, by the year 2054 A.D., resource depletion and sporadic nuclear warfare had sparked an environmental and social catastrophe far beyond the expectation of any nation-state. Earth was reduced to a radioactive warzone, wracked by cyclones and superstorms. Even the moon's near side had been splintered by kinetic strikes in the fight for Helium-3 facilities, creating regolith meteors that struck the Earth's surface with deadly force.

Having nearly destroyed all viable food sources and expired all resources, mankind came close to extinction. Billions of lives were lost. In a last ditch attempt to alleviate the pressure, the United Nations Colonial Authority was formed, to coordinate an international space colonisation program, considering there was precious little reason for anyone to still be at war.

The UNCA suddenly became a very powerful body with the backing of the world's governments. It coordinated the colonisation of much of the Solar System, notably Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus. With many religious and cultural groups crying out for self-determination away from the threat of nuclear genocide, it also made plans for the estabilishment of remote colonies in nearby star systems. Among these bodies, the USA reserved the Alpha Centauri system for it's citizens. Following several months of construction and crew seeking it launched a cryosleep vessel, bound for Alpha Centauri, becoming the first culture to do so.

The Columbia would silently carry it's 20,000+ passengers in cryosleep for the next 41 years...

- Planetfall - 2095 A.D. -

The Columbia's long-awaited arrival at Alpha Centauri B had finally come. Reawoken carefully by the ship's integrated AI, the ship's professional crew took over control in order to navigate it into a stable Lagrangian point around a nearby gas giant, nicknamed "Tacky" by the crew for it's stabilising purpose.

The AI (thankfully having not gone rogue) proceeded to revive the Columbia's passengers in sequence and began the first readouts of planetary observations. To the crew's huge relief, there was indeed a habitable rocky planet in-system. The Columbia immediately plotted a course towards the planet.

First orbital observation revealed a planet of incredible environmental diversity, some regions overrun by lush plantlife, others radiation-scarred crags. It seemed the planet's atmosphere was being distorted by a fast-moving gas giant. Regardless, the crew immediately sent exploratory hoverships down; later, when the atmosphere was deemed breathable, preparations were made for settling the surface for the first time.

- Manifest Destiny - 2096 A.D. -

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/SeoulZone.png

1 year into the colonisation program. The colony has converted Columbia's huge fusion engine into a power plant for the first settlement, Constance City, under the aegis of UNCA security forces. While the city and it's surroundings are promoted by the UNCA for their hospitality a number of groups have retreated to frontier regions. So that's enough background story. ;) This is where the RPG starts.

- Character Sheet -

There are essentially no restrictions on character creation. Alpha Centauri is a new world, untouched and untamed by human presence, and the miniature enclave surrouding Constance City represents how little we know about the surface. Characters might be daring adventurers pushing the frontier, leaders of eccentric religious cults that retreat into the wilds, xenobiologists curious to understand vicious alien ecosystems, prospective miners looking to make a fortune in new minerals, or even extraterrestrial visitors with a deadly agenda... Nation founders are fine too. :D

This skeleton character sheet is a recommended basis for human characters;

Name: Either his/her birth name, adopted name, or popular nickname
Occupation: What does your character do for a living? Are they a politician living in Constance? A legendary pirate based on the dark side of a moon? A disgruntled member of UNCA's security personnel? Modern technologies are circulating through the colony, including gunships, projectile guns and mining lasers, and maybe your character employs them.
Background: A brief (or long) story of your character's life so far. This is entirely optional. It may even be a mystery, wiped from UNCA records in a government conspiracy, or lacking any clues at all.

- A Fresh Start -

What awaits humanity on the new world? Will humans build a new civilisation, even make contact with local sentients, or obliterate themselves in the style of the war that consumed Earth. It's time to find out...

Jinxed
07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
This looks like it'll be a really cool story. I'm in! I'll get a CS up ASAP X3

Jinxed
07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Name: Tamalyn Baxter
Occupation: Tamalyn was one of the Columbia's maintenance engineers. She now works in Constance City's power plant.
Background: Tamalyn fell in love with mechanics when she was a small child, and loves what she does. However, having seen the planet's surface from the air before they settled, Tamalyn has been itching to explore.

There... Short and sweet... Let me know if that doesn't work X3

07-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Sure.

Death of Korzan
07-25-2011, 06:19 PM
This looks awesome! I shall have a character sheet up in no time, I love things like this!

07-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Awesomeness! :D

The planet we're settling on is not yet named. I was hoping that, as a group, we could come with a name.

Death of Korzan
07-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Hmmm..

Here's some I just thought of:
Netiosa
Shalano
Neeka
America (Due to USA colonization, it could be known as UPA United Planet of America)
Poseidon
Halo
Glory

Eh, I dunno :P

Jinxed
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I think coming up with a name is a neat idea! I don't have any ideas at the moment though...
Lol, Korzan. Some of those are pretty cool X3

Death of Korzan
07-25-2011, 09:36 PM
And some of them are pretty bad too ;)

Enigma
07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
I like the look of this one Undying! I'll post a character sheet soon!

Kris
07-26-2011, 08:56 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

07-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Cool, I might do. Not that I didn't know but thanks for saying anyway. :)

07-27-2011, 03:07 PM
- United Nations Colonial Authority -
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/stainedgalaxyii/images/8/8d/UNCA_insignia_2.png
The UNCA government is an almagm of elements from United States legislature and military hierarchy. Irrelevant of it's relation to an international body, Earth's colonies are overseen by a bicameral parliament; the lower body is the Colonial Assembly and the upper body is the Colonial Senate. All government offices are located in Chicago, Earth in light of the submergence of it's old offices in New York City as a result of rising sea levels. At the head of government is the President, who holds an array of powers similar to the President of the United States, and also holds the rank of Fleet Admiral of the United Nations Aerospace Force.

Humanity is effectively governed by the new body. While the colonies of the Solar System formed a tiny percentage of the total human population in 2054 A.D., the UNCA aeorospace warfleet was massive, fueled by the remaining superpowers on Earth. Ultimately this proved to be their undoing; the fleet now keeps them silent through threat of military action. Plans for millions of colonists to leave for distant stars were in place by the time of the Columbia's voyage, including Barnard's Star, Wolf 359/CN Leonis, Lalande 21185, Sirius, Epsilon Eridani, Procyon, 61 Cygni, Epsilon Indi and Tau Ceti.

UNAF personnel were selected for the mission to Alpha Centauri in place of US Air Force personnel, even though the Columbia is technically US government property. This created a rift between the two bodies; however, the UNAF has a hegemony over the militarisation of space, and no Senator wanted to risk kinetic bombardment to make the point. A UNAF contingent of troopers was installed onboard the Columbia on launch, today providing security for the new colony.

Death of Korzan
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I'll try to get a character up for this is a said but I've been quite busy for some time now and this will be my eight RP I'll have to keep up with.

07-27-2011, 07:15 PM
That's fine.

Xanthuss
07-28-2011, 03:43 AM
I was wondering; I'm creating an alien species and I was wondering, is it okay if Humanity finds out my aliens have already colonised several stars near Sol (Like Barnard's Star, Epsilon Eridani and Pollux)?

I'd like to play the alien diplomat with a private agenda, so yeah; I need to fill in my species background.

07-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Unless they're some crazy murderous race hellbent on eradicating humans from the Alpha Centauri system, you don't need to ask. :D

Enigma
07-28-2011, 10:44 PM
For your consideration. ^ _ ^

Name: Anna Nicole Bakhvalova
Occupation: Security Agent of the former PAX Confederation's Directorate Seven
Background: Anna's parents were humans who had been abducted from Earth by a Dracos raiding party, only to be freed weeks later during a raid on the slaving compound by PAX Confederation Patrol troops. Unable to return to Earth, they settled for making a new life for themselves, giving birth eventually to Anna.

Unfortunately, a shuttle accident killed both her parents and left her barely alive when she was 7. That was when her file first crossed the electronic threshold of Directorate Seven, who were looking for members of the uncontacted races within the boarders of the PAX Confederation. While her body was healing, the Patrol fitted her regen capsule into a Leepérsď missile as the final fail-safe - before the missile could be used, the captain would have to get her consent before the missile and herself could be launched at a planet or star. While her body was kept hostage by the regen capsule, her mind was joined to a virtual reality network of other children, aliens all, in other Leepérsď missiles. It was in the network that Directorate Seven recruited her.

The regen cycle was altered. Special nanites made internal changes to her healing body, strengthening her skeleton, adding muscle reinforcement, improving her reflexes, sharpening her senses, improving her body's ability to heal. Circuits were engraved on the inside of her skull, the bones of her hands and feet, links made into her brain. In the Leepérsď virtual reality network, new skills were programmed and practiced. When the cycle was done and she was removed from the regen capsule inside the Leepérsď missile, she was better than before the accident, if 10% heavier.

Additional training and conditioning under Directorate Seven personnel made her into a top agent for the PAX Confederation.

And then the Civil War broke out. It lasted five years and destroyed the PAX Confederation.

But Directorate Seven survived. As did Anna, inside a bio-stasis capsule. When humanity began reaching out to the stars, Anna was activated.

07-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Hmm... interesting. Another portent of humanity's ultimate doom. :D

Enigma
07-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Or possible salvation. Directorate Seven's a rather odd bunch to work for.

Of course, who knows why they're so interested?

Xanthuss
07-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Awesome, thanks Undying :D

Name:
Known as 'Q-bee', his own name is near unpronounceable by Human tongues. It roughly sounds like 'Que'blenaradansidmirah' when said by a Human.

2151 (2000 of that time was spent in cryo-sleep)

Species:
Once again the name is near unpronounceable. The nickname of 'Loons' has been assigned to this species and its existence is a secret of the highest order. 'Q-bee' is the single member of his species who has had contact with Human beings. His species are the possessors of a recently gone interstellar civilization that has settled five star systems near to the Sol System so far… Including the stars we know as Barnard's Star, Epsilon Eridani and Pollux.
The Loons are tall black insect humanoids, outfitted with a pair of mandibles, four arms, two legs, a pair of rather useless wings and a long whip-like tail. They stand about 8ft tall and have four arms, both of which are again roughly human-like. Loons have claws instead of fingernails and five fingers instead of four, with an opposable thumb as well. A sixth extension on the top of each of their hands is present, which is a sharp flat blade that is made of a natural metal alloy that can be extended and retracted at will. Their long tails are prehensile and are tipped with a deadly stinger, while their wings have long since become useless, but which are otherwise a pair of too-small insect wings, rather similar to a preying mantis’s wings. They have both a normal mouth and mandibles, which can be used to clutch and which are also controllable by the owner of them. Inside their normal mouth is filled with sharp fangs, akin to shark’s fangs, as they are present in hundreds of rows and a new tooth always pushes forward to replace the old ones that have fallen out, like a sharks teeth.

Q-bee is a diplomat for the Loon government. As it is understood by Humans, Q-bee is a high ranking noble in the Loon hierarchy who was sent to via a two person cryo-sleep equipped ship to investigate the strange and possibility artificial radio signals coming from the star system we call Sol. Since then he has been in contact to his homeworld; having been in Alpha Centauri orbit for almost fifty years, which is enough time to get a message back to his homeworld and been given the job of a Diplomat to the Human race. He was waiting in orbit in his ship when the colony ships from Sol reached Alpha Centauri.

Background:
Very little is known of Q-bee’s and his past is largely unknown but he is known to be a powerful noble in the hierarchy of the Loons. He was given (Or took) the job of diplomat and explorer to other races and used his vast personal wealth to fund many expeditions to find other sentient life in the galaxy. His first personal expedition to another star system was as part of the exploration team to Pollux, and since then he has visited every one of the five star systems the Loons inhabit and visited almost seventeen other star systems; encountering only two sentient species in that time (Though it at least six other technologically advanced species have been discovered via radio-signal detection) Humans and Lux; primitive sentients from Barnard’s Star. He reached Alpha Centauri about 50 years ago and waited silently, in cryo-sleep for most of the time, as the Columbia approached its destination. A stealthed probe that had reached Earth many years earlier had already shown the Loon’s that Humans were violent beings and that Earth was a wasteland by this time. That same probe managed to work out the colony ship ideas, and so it was organized that Q-bee wait in Alpha Centarui for the first colony ship to arrive. Other than that his past is a secret, even to his own employers.

07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
OK. Due to the extreme panic resulting from having such a close extraterrestrial neighbour to the Solar System, the UNCA would definitely be contacting the 'Loons' at the Top Secret level, if there is contact. It doesn't want people to think that a possible warfleet is hanging around the local cluster.

07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
The IC is up : http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=687867

Jinxed
07-29-2011, 10:21 PM
That's awesome! ^-^
But uh...
I'm leaving tomorrow for a week. I'll be back next Saturday, or sunday depending on how late it gets, and I'll post then, alright? Sorry to be disappearing right at the beginning like this :/
See you later! :D

07-29-2011, 10:40 PM
OK.

Xanthuss
07-30-2011, 02:07 AM
@Undying:
Yes. When Q-bee goes out in public, he'd disguise himself as a Human using holo-disguises or just disguises himself as a mysterious person in a cloak... He's super-top secret though.

07-30-2011, 11:59 AM
OK. Remember the IC is up. :D

Enigma
07-30-2011, 02:05 PM
I've posted, Anna's arrived on the planet one year after the colony was founded.

07-30-2011, 02:20 PM
lol OK

Enigma
07-31-2011, 02:27 AM
omg, I can't believe the amount of chatter here! ;>

Xanthuss
08-05-2011, 05:04 AM
I posted a completly crap reply in the IC :)

08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
OK lol.

Mr. FNG
08-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Is it too late to join this Roleplay, or may i still join? It is a very intriguing concept XD.

Few questions:

If i can join, can i use an alien from an already established franchise? (Mass Effect, if you know it) I rather like the design of the Turians. If not, i can come up with my own, i was simply curious.

Does humanity have a steady link to this planet, or not?

I see that this is a colony. Could you elaborate on its size?

And finally. . . How did you come up with this concept? XD

GraftRaven
08-16-2011, 04:54 AM
If you could use another player, just let me finish reading the OP.

08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Default Hello
Is it too late to join this Roleplay, or may i still join? It is a very intriguing concept .

Few questions:

If i can join, can i use an alien from an already established franchise? (Mass Effect, if you know it) I rather like the design of the Turians. If not, i can come up with my own, i was simply curious.

Does humanity have a steady link to this planet, or not?

I see that this is a colony. Could you elaborate on its size?

And finally. . . How did you come up with this concept?
Last edited by Mr. FNG; Today at 04:58 AM.

Not too late, no more aliens (this is a human story), communication takes 4.24 years for transmission and 4.24 years for reply (interstellar travel using fusion pulse engines takes approx. 41 years back to Sol), 20,000 colonists were onboard the Columbia at launch and have now dispersed across the planet, I imagined it. :D

If you could use another player, just let me finish reading the OP.
Sure.

Mr. FNG
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Name: Micheal Rusakov

Ethnicity: Mexican/Russian (lightly tanned skin)

Appearance:
Micheal's Armor (http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ8iKRTRputMpmEB6h-GASRCA-EE0iZLFyfWy2qDtuh9qxHtOA)
-Armor specs:
-Heavy resistance to standard human weaponry
-Resistance to Alien weaponry: ???
-Armor is relatively lightweight (Full armor: 41 lbs)
-[Personal Modification] Kinetic Barrier system
(stops incoming projectiles before they hit the actual armor plating)
(Notes)
-He doesn't wear the arms of his armor, only the shoulder pads and the left forearm (comm interface attached there) Always wears his helmet, only taking it off when he sleeps. The majority of people on the colony have never seen his face, and as such, he is feared to a certain extent by the colonists.
-His weapon is of course, different, and will be the equivalent of an SMG instead. (advanced MP5? ^^)

-Agent specially trained and outfitted by U.S. for colony defense via the Black program known only as SCAR. Works with UNAF personnel in providing security for the colony
-First of the SCAR program sent to an actual human colony/Testing effectiveness of training and armor
-Training minimizes need for sleep, and improves situational awareness
-Specialized in Submachine Guns
-Secondary Skill: Personal Defense Applications (he knows how to upgrade armor, reinforcing strength, and possibly adding shielding [weak at the moment] to it)

Background: /error/ Data Corruption /error/
/error code: Data erased by [classified]

Mr. FNG
08-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey Undying, i have one more question; what is your role in the this roleplay? Character, or simply Supreme Overlord of the story? XD.

And we're just waiting for Jinxed, X, and me to post before the story progresses right? Xp

P.S. Nice imagination XD

08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
OK, your character is approved. Not that I ever refute them.

The IC is already up; http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18330

P.S. Nice imagination
Actually I'm sort of jealous. Your character has that military style that I haven't quite been able to grasp...

Hey Undying, i have one more question; what is your role in the this roleplay? Character, or simply Supreme Overlord of the story?.
Overseer.

Mr. FNG
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
OK, your character is approved. Not that I ever refute them.

Yay! XD. I'm making my intro as I speak. ^.^ And you always have the right to refute a character; sometimes it is necessary, to preserve the awesomeness of a RP.

Actually I'm sort of jealous. Your character has that military style that I haven't quite been able to grasp...

Military style? Hahaha. I've been raised in a military family, so it's kind of easy for me XP. However, because of that, the range of other characters i can play successfully is kind of limited.

Overseer.
I bow to your unimaginable power. :worship:
Lmao! XD I wonder what nefarious twists you have in store XD

08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
OK lol.

Mr. FNG
08-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Sorry for the long post. I wanted to establish that Rusakov isn't just a mere soldier with good equipment, but one with a mind of his own ya know? Plus i wanted to set the stage for some interaction or what not ^^

I'll post his return once a couple other people post XD

GraftRaven
08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm not 100% happy with this, but then again I do have to write on my phone for now because my laptop is down. Input? Criticism? Give it up people!

Name: Krath

Bio: Krath became a freighter captain after waking up from the cryo-sleep, there was always something that needed transport from one place to the next. His routs typically take him from Constance to any of the numerous fringe colonies, and since he deals with some shady characters as well he sometimes visits more remote areas. Still, hardly anybody does secured transportation better and that's why Krath almost always has work. In his off time he likes to hunt the native creatures and occasionally some of the local bounties.

Appearance: Averagely built, about 5'10", and usually wearing combat gear (boots, cargo pants, a sleeveless vest, and gloves) and almost never seen without his [helmet] (http://a.dolimg.com/franchise/tron/_images/programUpgrades/download_assets/Unlockable_Images/06_TRON_blackGuardHelmet.jpg). He will also usually carry his [sniper rifle] (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090516030503/section8/images/3/3a/ISD-V4_Vanguard_image.gif), which he has jokingly named 'Ella'. His [ship] (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110122064730/matrix/images/8/82/Novalis.jpg), the Charon, which is mostly built from surplus and scrap parts, but she can't be matched when it comes to agility.

Xanthuss
08-17-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm guessing that it was Q-bee's crash landing that the troopers found? :)

Mr. FNG
08-17-2011, 02:31 AM
That it is my friend, that it is XD. Your character is a diplomat right? Just checking ^^

Xanthuss
08-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Yes... Not sure what Enigma's (The other alien) is though.

Mr. FNG
08-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Okay, just checking ^.^ Question for you; if me and my team DO for some reason meet you, what outcome would YOU favor? XD. I have no doubt Micheal can keep his cool. His team, im not so sure of ;)

And i believe Enigma's character is supposed to be unknown at this point O.O

Enigma
08-19-2011, 06:03 PM
My transport when it's closed up looks like a large meteorite, a big hunk of nickle-iron rock. Not unlike a bunch of meteor strikes that happen on any planet several times a month. And Anna closed it before she left.

As for Anna, she's human - at least in appearance. Anyone trying to lift her would think she's a little heavier than she looks. An x-ray would show some odd bone structures. An MRI would show thicker bones with odd flanges along the length with muscles attached, faint scoring along the bones and faint lines throughout the soft tissue of her body, possibly some strange joins in the circulatory system of her body - but most of it explainable as a small genetic mutation.

GraftRaven
08-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Anyone know where Undying has been?

Just wondering if I'm allowed to post...

Enigma
08-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Your character looks good to me X. Undying was on earlier today, so you might want to pm him.

I've posted!

08-20-2011, 08:10 AM
It's fine.

Enigma
08-25-2011, 09:12 AM
I've got a frieghter coming towards me - so what's going on?

Lyniara Arren
08-25-2011, 08:31 PM
If this role-play is still accepting new members and characters I'd really love to join in!
Name: Aria Rajelline
Teased nickname: Double A
Previous Occupation: Chemical Engineer
Occupation: Chemist, Microbiologist, and overall scientist, Non-employed to a company or organization
Background: In the closing years of Earths habitation she was a young woman having just bought what seemed her dream home, the world around her came crashing down, she lost her job the morning she bought her dream home and fell to despair until it was revealed she could board the United States' ship Columbia for Alpha Centauri, the reserved system. She immediately filed the needed paperwork and boarded the ship, leaving the ruins of her home-world and home to burn
Recent Picture: http://images.wikia.com/halofanon/images/2/21/AnimeWoman.jpg

08-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Sure.

Enigma
08-27-2011, 01:54 AM
If this role-play is still accepting new members and characters I'd really love to join in!
Name: Aria Rajelline
Teased nickname: Double A
Previous Occupation: Chemical Engineer
Occupation: Chemist, Microbiologist, and overall scientist, Non-employed to a company or organization
Background: In the closing years of Earths habitation she was a young woman having just bought what seemed her dream home, the world around her came crashing down, she lost her job the morning she bought her dream home and fell to despair until it was revealed she could board the United States' ship Columbia for Alpha Centauri, the reserved system. She immediately filed the needed paperwork and boarded the ship, leaving the ruins of her home-world and home to burn
Recent Picture: http://images.wikia.com/halofanon/images/2/21/AnimeWoman.jpg

Sure.
More players! Yay! Welcome! ^ _ ^

Lyniara Arren
08-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Attempts to push forward the storyline, rolling 2d20(for those without a DnD reference, two twenty sided dice) resulting in a natural snake eyes xD

08-27-2011, 05:02 PM
lol OK.

Xanthuss
09-04-2011, 05:14 AM
I posted a reply at last.

Enigma
09-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Now the question is will anyone else post?

Mr. FNG
09-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Currently cooking up something. Trying to blend it in while incorporating ideas from other players. Pardon my characters current state of standing completely still lol!

TheDoctor
09-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Hey Undying, this sounds like a great RPG! May I join?

Name: Georg Liefson
Appearance: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/087/4/7/soldier_by_sanset-d3cnffi.jpg
His armor is outfitted with a standard plasma rifle and a small plasma weapon on his right arm
Here is what he looks like without the armor: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/285/e/7/____k_a_k_a_s_h_i_____by_Jiuta.png
Background: Georg grew up as a poor kid belonging to a poor family. His dad's business was failing, and his mom was dead. He never liked it on Earth, feeling bound away from the stars and space. As soon as he found out that the UNCA were sending a colony away, he signed up with the military, believing it was his only chance to leave the place. After training as hard as he possibly could and graduating at the top of his class, he was recommended for the trip. His dad, he later found out, could not come with him. Saying goodbye to his dad for good, Georg left to the stars. He became a scout for the UNCA military presence on the new planet, itching to see what things are out there.

09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Sure.

Enigma
09-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Wow. As if I wasn't outnumbered before.

Xanthuss
09-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Could you explain what you mean by that Enigma?

Enigma
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Could you explain what you mean by that Enigma?

We were facing the planet's ample security forces before. Now they've been backed up by a cruiser filled with with defensive forces. Then there's that active scan that covered not only the central colony but the outlaying settlements too. And a transport filled with armored troopers headed my way.

Mr. FNG
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Your character has ample stealth skills, no? I'm sure she can evade detection for awhile ^.^

Yes, kind of sudden post, but i felt we needed an event to move along the the story line (roll 2d20? Right?) and possibly bring them together. Understandable right? Good reaction from your character to the whole situation though. Very realistic in terms of what you did.

EDIT: P.S. Feel free to "control" these new arrivals everyone. Like i said, its an outside force meant to affect characters. So have these new people react to your character in whatever ways you feel useful. Except for the ones in the colony. LOL!

TheDoctor
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Btw, my character Georg, anyone can feel free to meet him or do minor RPing with him interacting with stuff if I am not online.

Enigma
09-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Mine's apparently sick and about to be jumped on by a transport full of armored troopers. You can come rescue me as a local expert on illnesses experienced by the colonists if you like.

TheDoctor
09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
but im not a local expert on illnesses, I'm a soldier who acts as a scout XD

Xanthuss
09-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Okay, for my next post, let me explain the civilization classes.

The civilization classes are classifications used to categorize technologically advanced civilizations that the Loons (Kirkenste'ain) and Ag-ra-mega encounter. They are primarily rated based on the state of political development and the primary technology state.

Classes:
Class 12 - Stone Age-Bronze Age-Iron Age Tech
Class 11 - Dark Ages-Medieval Ages Tech
Class 10 - Industrial Age (1800-1960/1970) Tech
Class 9 - Electronic Age (1970-Present-2030) Tech.
Class 8 - Space Age Tech (Technology level of the Humans in this role-play)
Class 7 - Interstellar Age Tech (Technology level of the Jipo)
Class 6 - Intergalactic Age Tech (Technology of the Ag-ra-mega and Loons)
Class 5 - Inter-dimensional Age Tech (Technology level where inter-dimensional and universal travel is available - No one in current setting has this)
Class 4 - Pure Thought Age Tech (The level where people evolve in to corporeal beings - No one in the current setting has this)
Class 3 - Unknown
Class 2 - Unknown
Class 1 – Unknown

TheDoctor
09-17-2011, 01:35 AM
ahh, FTL travel XD classic from mass effect

Enigma
09-17-2011, 04:55 AM
And now I've got three reasons to be on this planet. But until the transport either finds me or leaves me, I'm stuck here.

TheDoctor
09-23-2011, 02:33 AM
guys, I'm gonna have to drop out. I got too many RPGs goin at the moment, and i got a lot of stuff to do, I'm sorry :(

Enigma
09-23-2011, 03:48 AM
awww! We'll miss you Doc.

TheDoctor
09-23-2011, 03:52 AM
I'll miss you guys too *sniff* :'(

09-24-2011, 12:58 PM
That's fine. :D

Lyniara Arren
10-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Well after a bit of a rough time, I'm back so this could get more interesting ^.^ Yes that means Lyn is going to post soon, when I get a grip on where in this planet everyone is of course xD

Blazer Eon
10-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Sendin out an App incase this is still accepting. Sounds interesting.
Name: Kyrie Elesion (his name means "God have Mercy")
Adopted Name: Ethan
Backround: The guy was wiped from the records after he arrived.
Recent Photo: http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/gaarasgirl1/default/some-anime-guy--feat-msg-124164150713.jpg

Enigma
10-09-2011, 05:02 AM
yay! People! Players!

^ _ ^

10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Admitted.

Blazer Eon
10-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Alright, won't take me long to post, got to wait for a point in the story that seems opportune though. As is it seems we have Millitary people in one area, and Lyn's char and Engima's char somewhere in the forest?

Lyniara Arren
10-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Welcome to the story Jaye ^.^

Enigma
10-10-2011, 04:45 AM
I'm passed out at Lyn's observatory, having hacked the colony's data network and taken over the appearance of a mute girl who disappeared months before, after the sudden arrival of reinforcements from Earth.

I"m not sure what happened to the others. Still, I'm happy to continue. I just try to avoid two-waying, where it's just me and Lyn trading back and forth too many times.

Lyniara Arren
10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
xD i hope you didnt steal anything cause aria will find it

Enigma
10-11-2011, 02:28 AM
I didn't take anything, honest! ^_^;

Blazer Eon
10-12-2011, 03:00 AM
yeah it would be dumb for me to come in right now since it'd introduce another area anyways. lol

Enigma
10-12-2011, 06:35 AM
What's wrong with that? Don't you travel?

Blazer Eon
10-13-2011, 02:47 AM
Gave into peer pressure on that one. I'd place myself somewhere not far from a smaller part of the colony's outskirts, probably connects to that forest where all the main things are going on at and where Lyn's char's observatory is

Enigma
10-13-2011, 03:45 AM
ok, just remember to give yourself transport. Something that flies and goes reasonably fast should do it (there being few roads here).

Lyniara Arren
10-14-2011, 01:52 AM
that mean i should post or what? there's just the three of us, maybe undying has some thoughts on it? what does everyone think?

Enigma
10-14-2011, 04:38 AM
Please post by all means!

^ _ ^

Undying I think just likes to watch.... o.o;

10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
You seem to be happy RPing without me so I'd rather not interfere.

Blazer Eon
10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Well I guess it's Enigma's post now. I took a turn and decided to travel for Lyn's char, though it might just turn out to cause us all to meet. That observatory is a beacon of life to Ethan when it's that close to night.

Lyniara Arren
10-18-2011, 12:19 AM
this Rp gets so lonely, I really do love it, it just seeems soo slow.

E1Alpha
10-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Aw... poor you...
Okay! If you don't mind, I'll get whirled up in this aswell :3 I'm desperate for some RP action! Because I really like the looks of this!

I hope my CS will suffice! :3

Name: John B. McDevor
Lead foreman and Head of the I.M.P.A. (Interstellar Mining and Production Associates) based in Alpha Centauri. A widely spread company each run by different people in the various systems colonised by mankind. The I.M.P.A. is known to provide many of the resources and processed materials for construction of buildings and vehicles, but sometimes also to stock the military factories.

Appearance:
A muscular and fairly ruggid looking man, John is defined by his typical red hair, though it's only noticable in a large red mustache, as his head is completely shorn.
He often dresses in the typical mining worker uniform, though he leaves the top part zipped open, showing a red shirt with black squares, of which the amount of times it has been taken off and washed can be counted on one hand.

Background:
Originating from the Scottish Highlands, John had moved to the USA about a decade before the Columbia's lift off. During the ten years in the USA, he worked himself to the top of a company in the making, the I.M.P.A., soon become one of the leading foremen and part of the company's chiefs.
When the Columbia took off for Alpha Centauri, John volunteered to accompany the employees sent along to the system and thus went into cryosleep for the next decades.

Once he and all his employees were awakened and the planet was deemed habitable, John immediatly started using the funds and resources shipped along with them to help in the construction of factories, digging sites and forges.
John rapidly made a reputation of being a straight-to-the-point person, aswell as taking all chances for some extra benefits. His typical Scottish accent was also rapidly affiliated to his company, giving his branch of the company the nickname of the "Whisky Workers".

Nowadays, John runs a succesful company, and is known to have created countless structures and vehicles to benefit the planet's citizens and economy, aswell as often deliver raw and processed materials to military production facilities. He is rumored to be a rich man, but all of his money goes into the company, as he lives the life as if he were a regular miner back in the old days.

10-18-2011, 06:39 PM
OK. But keep in mind that the company's stellar divisions will be totally isolated, considering travel between stars is measured in decades.

E1Alpha
10-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Don't worry, I was aware of as much :3

Each stellar branch of the company is operated individually. They all just hold the same origin: The I.M.P.A. company on earth :3

Anyways, thanks for letting me in! ^^

Now I just to find a nice entry point.

EDIT: In my enthousiasm, I already made my entry-post x3 Hope everyone's okay with it, as it if also my first real RP post on the forum! *cheering for absolutely no reason whatsoever*

10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
OK lol.

Lyniara Arren
10-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Cant take it anymore :( I'm postin without Enigma </3

Lyniara Arren
10-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Can I make a specific plant tho? not to sound like I dont understand how that works but i dont know if we're just allowed to "make up" life on this planet

Enigma
10-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Sorry, I had some unexpected guests and a problem with a drained battery.

10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
You can make up whatever lifeforms you want.

Shifty
10-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Hey, would this RP still, by some random chance, be accepting...? Or am I far too late?

E1Alpha
10-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey, would this RP still, by some random chance, be accepting...? Or am I far too late?

I believe you can still join, seeing as they let me in too :3

10-22-2011, 10:46 AM
We're always accepting. :)

Xanthuss
10-29-2011, 05:11 AM
I posted in the IC a couple of days back, just in case you didn't notice :)

Xanthuss
11-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Hey, where is everyone gone? D: