PDA

View Full Version : Oracle's Storybook (Proposals/Ideas)

Awean8
07-28-2011, 06:15 AM
An dusty ancient tome lies on a table within Eleni's great library next to a large red cushioned chair, and a fireplace. It is black with a golden embroidery laced around it's edges while the words take on a font that applies elegant loops in the baroque fashion. This was the Oracle's Story Book and within it contained a world beyond all imagining....

This is a dark world where the nations are at constant war over power, and where the surfs are abused while the nobility flaunt their wealth. Priests pray to the Heavenly Pantheon while the seemingly abandoned make accursed deals with the Nine Devils. Mankind is the most prominent race, although magical creatures tend to cross paths with humans on occasion. These are tales weaved of adventure, intrigue, politics, mighty knights and suave swashbucklers. All of them within a gritty world, where hidden plots and agendas lie within the least expected of places. From Ishtaria to the west to the exotic dynasties to the east stories are to be told, and all of these events have been forever recorded within the Oracle's Story Book.

I would like for many influences to be applied here especially from folk lore and different sources of literature. The players will be given freedom to create whatever nation that they so fancy as long as it is well detailed and realistic. Most of everything created will be for humans, although a bestiary will be made where you can submit magical creatures/races. This project will hopefully be host to chapter two of my ongoing rp The Devil's Wake along with other tales including a steampunk/pirate story line that centers around psionics. It should be rad.

Okay, let's do it up guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you've never been in one my rp's before expect for me to be highly involved in what you're working on for this project. Basically, I'll always be throwing in ideas that I'd think would work well with your ideas. You know team work and whatnot.