PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon World League (IC)

Danijel
12-30-2009, 10:30 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/Wonderinguy/logo.png (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1751)

You're sitting home watching television when suddenly an advertisement that caught your eyes starts.
You see a Charizard using Fireblast, then the camera changes on Feraligatr that uses Hydro Pump to extinguish the Fireblast. Then as the steam is formed Sceptile jumps from it and charges down readying its Leaf Blade, and then camera changes to Infernape who jumps up and blocks the Leaf Blade with Fire Punch. As Leaf Blade and Fire Punch clashed, the explosion creates and suddenly a logo appears with a voice saying:

"Pokémon World League!"

And the voice continues to talk: "Each year one of the Leagues in one region is held for trainers to participate in Pokémon battles. Kanto League, Johto League, Hoenn League and Sinnoh League! But, after each of this Leagues are held, a greater one starts: Pokémon World League; where trainers from all over the world go to participate."
Then four people on four screens appear on TV. They are professor Oak, professor Elm, professor Birch and professor Rowan. Then the voice continues, "From each region we have each professor to say something to you trainers."

Oak: "Pokémon World League is the ultimate test for all the new and old trainers in Pokémon battles."

Elm: "This will test out how trully good you trained your Pokémons."

Rowan: "And will also show how bonded you are with your Pokémons."

Birch: "But thats not all. For all the new Trainers, each of us professors will give out, not three starter Pokémons, but twelve! Three from each region."

Oak: "They are, of Kanto: Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander."

Elm: "Of Johto: Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil."

Birch: "Of Hoenn: Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic."

Rowan: "And of Sinnoh: Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar."

The screen fades black and now it shows a shower of badges. Voice saying: "To participate in World Tournament you'll also have to gather badges. But its different this time: You must gather 2 badges from Kanto, 2 badges from Johto, 2 badges from Hoenn and two badges from Sinnoh. After you do, only thing you need to do is show all 8 badges to a officer Jenny who will then tell you where the Tournament is held.
See you at the championship, Trainer."
And the advertisement ends.

And now, the journey begins:

A bus stops in front of a Pokémon Center of Sandgem Town, Sinnoh region. A young man named Alex, wearing black and blue jacket with short sleeves and a green bandana on his forehead, exits from the bus. As the bus left off, he walked closer to the window of PokéCenter and peeks in. Inside he saw many trainers chatting with each other and showing off their Pokémons to others.

"Soon it'll be like this for me too.", he says to himself with a smile.

One of the trainers exits the Center, and Alex needing directions since this is his first time in Sandgem Town, approaches the guy and asks him, "Excuse me, can you point me out to professor Rowan's lab?"

The trainer points in a direction and says, "Just follow this road and you'll easily find it."

"Thank you.", says Alex with a nod and he rushes of running in that direction. Ever since Alex saw that advertisement on TV for the World League, he knew this was his chance to make his dream come true, to become a well-known Pokémon Trainer. Even though he feels a little guilt of what he did to get here, but thats a story to be told later.

Bia
12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Mindy hurried about her families Pokemart, trying to get everything done in hyper-speed. She thrust a master pokeball out to a customer and the lady looked it over before agreeing to buy it. Mindy rang up the order as fast as she could but the lady was moving way too slow.

Finally, finally the lady was finished and Mindy smiled and waved politely before taking off her apron and hurrying to the back of the store to tell her parents good-bye. She ran up and hugged her mom and dad and they laughed and hugged her back.

"Good-bye hun" her mom said.

Mindy smiled, waved and grabbed her bag before hurrying out of the store into the bright morning air. She blinked in the sunlight and took a deep breath of fresh air.She sighed happily and spotted a bus stop just in front of her and people file off.

Eventually though she turned and headed off in the direction of Rowan's lab, she had already asked someone who came to the shop earlier where it was so she was pretty sure she knew where she was going.

mcstringer
01-01-2010, 07:06 AM
A large fortress of a helicopter roared low over the little town of New Bark Town. It halted in front of Prof. Elm's lab. A winched ladder dropped out of it an long with it a seemingly ordinary man. He wore a long-sleeve black school inform with its Chinese traditional look, a white shirt, and black tennis shoes. He had an orange Poketech on his wrist and a Blue PokeGear sticking out of his pocket, a white burlap sack with a draw string over his shoulder. His long red hair was flying everywhere underneath the chopper's rotters. He waved the mammoth of a machine on as he got off, and walked calmly towards the lab and his destiny.

Totenglaut
01-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Thyme rushed out of her house blond hair flowing behind her. She could hear her parents yelling after her that she was too delicate to do this. And don't run so fast you might give yourself a heart attack.

The bus for New Bark Town would be leaving soon. Thyme's bag full of pokeballs and various other assorted items banged against her leg. She made it to the bus before her parents could catch up with her. Then she smiled. Free!

But slowly fear became etched on her small face. People. Thyme's red eyes widened as she took the first seat available. Was she being stupid? Was she going to die? Who was that and why was he moving? Was that a knife?

By the time the bus stopped at New Bark Town Thyme had worked herself into a frenzy. She went to Professor Elm's lab stopping when she heard the whirr of helicopter blades. Her breath hitched in her chest as the man riding it got out. Oh god this was a mistake.

For a minute the seventeen-year-old girl felt like she was going to collapse. She made her way to the lab feeling her small, pale body start to shake. She took a steadying breath reminding herself this is what she wanted.

Lerouge
01-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Sayl hadn't slept that night, instead he sat up in his bed staring at the clock waiting for it to be morning so that he could finally leave. By the time the alarm rang he was already ready to go and ran downstairs with his backpack and screamed "Bye I'm leaving" to his parents who barely managed to make it downstairs to give him a final hug. He smiled as he walked outside and was met by a beautiful brown bird Pokemon, which leaned down and nuzzled his cheek slightly.

"Stop it Pidgeot! You know that tickles..." He said laughing slightly as his hand rested on the bird's neck petting it slightly. This Pokemon belonged to his father and had become a family pet for them, Sayl had been around it his entire life. With a final smile he wrapped his arms around the Pokemon's neck and climbed onto it's back. "To Sandgem Pidgeot!" He commanded as he closed his eyes and held on tight.

With a cry the Pokemon spread it's wings and leaped off the ground, it was a very powerful Pokemon and had carried him on numerous occasions. They rose a few miles into the air before finally taking off, the Pokemon cutting through the sky at max speed determined to get there fast. Sayl laughed as he clung to the bird, he loved the feeling of flying like this and he carefully looked down over Sinnoh. It was such a beautiful region and seeing it like this was the best way to fully enjoy it.

They flew quietly toward Sandgem Town and it took them a good 20 minutes before they finally arrived, landing with a gentle thud on the floor. He climbed off and looked around the small town, it seemed quiet enough and rather small but this is where Rowan had said. His eyes spotted someone nearby, seeing on the back of their head at first he didn't recognize them. "Hello!" He shouted at the boy who was walking by him. "Umm excuse me, do you know where a Professor Rowan lives?"

Danijel
01-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Alex stops as someone asked for his help. He didn't recognized the boy yet so he just answers him, "I was pointed out to just follow this road and that I'll find the lab eventually." After detaily examining the boy's face, he managed to recognize the familiar face.

"Sayl?!", says Alex. He knew a boy named Sayl from Veilstone City when he went with his father on a business trip there. And now what a coincidence finding him here in Sandgem Town. "Hey, long time haven't see you. You're here to attend the Pokémon World League, too?"

Bia
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Mindy's ears pricked up as the boys a few hundred feet in front of her started talking about the Pokemon World League. Being one who never really talks she had learned a lot about listening and kept a straight face as she slowly walked past them, listening to their conversation.

So these people will be my competition Mindy thought to herself and adjusted the bag on her shoulder, taking the opportunity to steal a quick glance at the boys, one looked a little younger than her and the other looked closer to her age. She ran a hand through her long dark hair and slowly made her way forward, trying to keep them in hearing distance while looking non-chalant.

mcstringer
01-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Before Joseph could walk any further a bus zoomed in front of him. It barely missed him by inches, and a little glisten showed on his face. The only sign of worry and shame anyone would see. The bus left as quickly as it came and a small red blur with pig-tails could be seen through the dust entering the professor's lab.

Joseph started walking again and shook his head slightly in a "why me" fashion. He closed the distance with his left hand in a pocket and his right arm slung onto its shoulder with the burlap bag.

He opened the door to a little ringing bell and almost ran into the mysterious red blur from earlier. He could see now that blur was a nervous girl near his age with the right proportions, but he, from what he saw, not the right attitude.

"Scuse me, but I believe standing the doorway is a little rude. Don't you think?"

Joseph spoke in hopes of waking up the little deer and hopefully get her to move so he could get a better view of the "famed" lab, attract the eyes of either Elm himself or his pig-tailed aid with cyan colored hai, and retrieve his PWL registered starting pokemon and L-e-a-v-e.

Lerouge
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Sayl's eyes widened as he recognize Alex, even though it had been years since they had last met he was unforgettable. With a playful smirk he reached out his hand an shook Alex's before speaking. "Nah, I'm here to kick your butt in the leauge." He said before he stopped and turned around for a moment. "One sec.." He muttered as he ran over to the Pidgeot that was watching him curiously for a few minutes.

His hand resting on the bird's neck again rubbing it while his free hand reached into his pocket and retrieved a few small brown cubes of Pokemon food, which the Pidgeot at happily before spreading it's wings and taking off toward home. He waved after the bird for a few minutes before his eyes landed on a girl that seemed to be staring right at him.

"Uh... hello?" He asked her curiously before looking at Alex and muttering. "Your girlfriend?"

Totenglaut
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Thyme jumped violently. Her wide red eyes met those of a young man. He was the one that she'd been frightened of. "Oh! I-I suh-sorry. You can go ahead" Her voice shook almost as violently as she had jumped.

She took a hold of her hair in a pigtail nervously twirling it around her fingers. She seemed to forget that she should move in her terror. She hadn't known people could be so rude. So frightening.

Danijel
01-02-2010, 07:37 PM
"Oh we'll see about that.", Alex smirks after Sayl said about beating him the World League. Though, then he waited for Sayl to say goodbye to his Pidgeot. Alex thought that is most probably the Pidgeot Sayl was raising when they first met, long ago.

"Your girlfriend?", that was what Sayl asked him.

"A what?", asks Alex backs and notices a girl looking at them and walking in same direction they were supposed to head. "No, I haven't brought anyone along."

Bia
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Mindy blushed, dang, ratted out.

She turned to them full on, smiled and waved slightly to the boy who said hello. She glanced at both of them who were both looking at her and turned to face them full on, Oh well, they already found me out, might as well try to talk to them

She dug through her bag until she found the brochure for the PWL that someone had given to her. She pointed at it and nodded as if to say "I'm going there too".

The meeting was always the akwardest, it was when people realized she didn't speak. Didn't being the key word, she could speak just fine, but she chose not to. She found being silent was a lot easier than people expecting you to talk all the time. She only spoke when absolutely necessary like in emergency's people paid more attention to her then.

mcstringer
01-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Oh crap a coward. Well could be worse.

The little girl had jumped a good measure and acted skidish when seeing him. Joseph just sign, condemned the world he lived in, and walked around her to a set of chairs and a desk in a corner. He pulled the chair out for him, but decided against it; offered it to the girl as a weak apology for scaring her early and took the other chair.

Joseph scanned the non-impressive lab for anything interesting to talk about as they waited, but could think of nothing, so he just said what was on top of his mind at the moment.

"So... you're attending the PWL, too.... I am Joseph Burns. Joe for short."

Totenglaut
01-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Thyme took the proferred seat. She was shaking like a pitiful rabbit. "Yes" Her voice came out on a squeak. Was terror the only thing this little rabbit of a girl was capable of? For so far she hadn't shown any other emotion. "My name's Thyme Etirnyty" She added. The terror was slowly wearing off leaving shyness in it's place. "I've never been outside my town before. Well even really my house everything's so new" She had decided that if she was going to be given good health at least for a while she'd capitolize on it.

Danijel
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
"Great, its always good to meet rival trainers on the journey." says Alex with a smile looking at both Sayl and the girl, that looked a bit older than him. Now he realized he was suppose to get to professor Rowan's lab to pick out his first Pokémon. Boy can things like meeting people really set someone off the course.

"Maybe we could get to professor's laboratory together?", suggests Alex. "Oh, by the way, the name's Alex." he says introducing himself to the girl.

Bia
01-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Mindy smiled again and also again dug through her bag and this time pulled out her pokemart name tag and showed it to them to give them her name mindy baresque she wondered if they'd recognize the family name and realize her family owned the pokemart. But probably not seeing as niether of them lived around here. She turned back to the direction of the lab and pointed as if to say "come on!"

mcstringer
01-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Seeing the girl over come her fear made Joseph smile a little bit. It was a little comforting to him that he was speaking to someone that would fight their fears, even though, it changed her to a shy little girl. He hoped the smile he gave her was not seen as wolfish, and she retreat back to her scaredy-cat first impression. Otherwise, it would be a long and boring wait until Prof. Elm pried himself from his work long enough to give them their pokemon. The odd ball probably forgot all about having trainers over to pick pokemon today.

"Really. No worries. It is my first journey out into the real world by myself as well. This guy..if I remember right has a history of forgetting everything while researching. We may be here a while. So.....Where you from?"

Joseph fibbed a little saying it was his first journey in the real world, but that is not something he would want to talk about. Joseph also hoped the innocent question was not met with paranoia and psychosis; otherwise, he would find the persnickety professor, beat him until he got his starting pokemon, walk out, and leave the girl behind in his dust.

Danijel
01-04-2010, 10:12 AM
"Mindy...Barescue?", reads Alex out loud from girls name tag, obviously not reading it right. He never could read names with Q in it right. Mindy then starts poitning down the road, where Rowan's lab is supposed to be and where all three of them were supposed to head.
Alex gets a smork on his face and says to Mindy and Sayl, "Alright, I'll race y'all there!" After which he starts running in the direction of Rowan's lab.

New Bark Town:

Prof. Elm came stumbling into his laboratory building holding a skyscrape of books. As he tried to close the doors with his feet, since his hands were busy holding books, he notices two young people sitting in the area.

"Yes, what do you want? Oh wait, don't answer that. You're here for Pokémon World League, right? Follow me.", says Elm not giving any chance of them replying.

He lead them further in the building, to his research room, where on a long table 12 pokéballs were alligned in a line. Elm puts his skyscraper of books on the desk and then starts, "Well, since you're probably beginner trainers you're here to choose one of the 12 Pokémons each of us professors give away. I'll tell you which ones are in which pokéball."

He approaches the long desk and starts saying names of the Pokémons as he was poking each pokéball, "Bulbasaur...Charmander...Squirtle...Chickorita...C yndaquil...Totodile...Treecko...Torchic...Mudkip.. .Turtwig...Chimchar...and Piplup. Now pick any you want."

Sandgem Town:

Finally they reached the building that looked like it would be a laboratory. Alex went running straight for the doors, but coincidentally a tall man with white hair and white facial hair came out of it, which made Alex crash into the man and made him bounce backwards and fall on his back while the man didn't moved a bit.

"Ouch!", yelp Alex.
"You should watch out into who you'llrun into.", says the tall man.
"Uhh, sorry. I...we were only trying to meet professor Rowan.", says Alex.
"And met him you did.", says the tall man, he was professor Rowan.

Bia
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Mindy shrugged when Alex messed up her name, it didn't really matter, as long as he got the first name right. When he yelled "Race!" and started running Mindy was caught off guard and only had enough time to stuff her nametag back in her bag and race after them. When Alex ran into Pro. Rowan Mindy couldn't hold back a laugh and her high laugh rang out. She held a hand out to Alex to help him up while still giggling.

mcstringer
01-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Finally.

Joseph's first impression of Prof. Elm was a bit of awe, grudgingly, but mostly dislike and a lot of it. He was in awe because Elm was so young and an esteemed professor, and the dislike stemmed from the fact that the professor never got out much. The professor preferred to stay in and read stacks of books instead of going out into the wild and researching for himself. Reading a book always seemed....second hand to Joseph.

Joseph offered his hand to Thyme as he got up to help the lady up from he seat. He had no intention of choosing first and showed it by quietly standing out of Thyme's way, so she could choose first.

Totenglaut
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Thyme smiled weakly. "I'm from Azalea Town" She was about to ask him the same question when Elm came out. He was rather scary if only because it looked like he could forget something important.

She allowed him to help her up and followed Professor Elm. Gazing at the twelve pokeballs in front of them Thyme struggled with a decision. It looked like Joe was going to wait for her to pick. So he was more mannerly than he seemed. However it didn't take Thyme very long to decide. She chose Cyndaquil. She didn't know why but she liked the ide of having firepower behind her. Aside from that nearly everyone in the Johto Region had a plant-type pokemon so it was time to be different. "Your turn"

mcstringer
01-04-2010, 08:39 PM
"It seems we are of the same mind." Joseph had been perusing the pokemon as Thyme chose her's. He noticed that a charmander and totodile were eyeing each with a battle fury. In other words they wanted to fight each other.

I am going to have to come back for the other one.

He walked over to the table when it was his turn and chose the charmander. It lit the ball with embers of flame. He backed away at talked to it softly. "Don't worry. you will fight soon enough.

He looked up at the prof.Ready to leave at a moments notice.

"Is there anything else, or do we go now?"

Danijel
01-05-2010, 11:11 AM
"And she laughs, that's a change.", says Alex upon hearing Mindy giggle. She didn't said a word since he met her, so he's atlast glad she has a voice. He takes Mindy's helping hand to stand up and then he tries to clean the dirt of his pants.

"Well, professor Rowan.", starts Alex, "We're here to choose our very first Pokémon for the World League."
Rowan nods and says, "I suspected so. Follow me, the Pokémons are in the back, I've let them out on some fresh air." After saying that Rowan went walking around his lab building towards the backside. Alex gleefully motions Sayl and Mindy to follow after Rowan.

New Bark Town:

"One more thing.", says professor Elm and then he goes digging through a box that was standing on a desk. From he takes out two devices, Pokémon Dexters, or for short PokéDex. He hands a black one to the guy and the red one to the girl.

"Please, take time to register yourself on your PokéDex. You'll be needing it for registration to compete in World League after you gather 8 badges, and you can also use it to ask about the Pokémon you see.", again Elm goes searching through a different box and takes out 10 Pokéballs. He hands 5 to the girl and 5 to the guy, "These are for catching wild Pokémon as you travel. Now thats all I can say. Good luck!"

Sandgem Town:

Rowan lead them to a small area covered in fence where the 12 Pokémons were playing with each other, and some even fought against each other. Rowan starts pointing at each of them and naming them, "Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chickorita, Cindaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup. Now make your choice."

Alex looks at Sayl and Mindy and says to them, "You pick out first."

Bia
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Mindy shrugged at Alex, course she could laugh, laugh's came from a different part in the body than the voice, even actual mute people could laugh. But Mindy was distracted when Rowan started showing them to the back.

When she saw all the cute little pokemon Mindy's eyes lit up and when Alex said for her to go first she didn't hesitate and leaned over the fence, making a little clicky sound to the Mudkip. When it trotted over to her she picked it up and cuddled it against her face. She knew just what she was going to name him too.

"This is Skipper"

Mindy proclaimed in her clear high voice that was hardly ever used. The Mudkip seemed to like the name and made a little "kip, kip!" noise.

Danijel
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Alex was left to choose from 11 different Pokémons, and boy was he indecisive. He generally loved Pokémons so this wasn't quite and easy task. Untill he saw one of the Pokémons having friendly fight against each other. It was Treecko vs. Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil spew out its Ember, but Treecko having an upper-hand in speed managed to dodge it by leaping into the air and then landed a Pound on Cyndaquil with a tail.

"I wanna take Treecko.", says Alex.

"Alright. Treecko come over here.", says Rowan. treecko notices Rowan and the trainers upon hearing its name and approaches the fence. "Treecko, this is your trainer from now on.", says Rowan to Treecko while pointing to Alex. Treecko just looks at Alex and makes a shrugging movement while saying 'Tree-', and then it jumps over the fence to accompany them.

"Wow, some personality he has.", says Alex scratching his head.

"Now, would you follow me? I have a few more things to give you.", says Rowan and escorts the young trainers with their Pokémons into the lab.

As they got into the lab Rowan gave each of them a PokéDex, 5 Pokéballs and 1 more Pokéball that had the Pokémons they chose as a host. "Make sure you register yourself on your PokéDex as you will need it to register at the World League once you gather 8 badges. And it will also help you out to learn some things about Pokémon you encounter."
"Now, if there is anything you want to ask, ask. If not, you may leave.", Rowan adds.

Bia
01-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Mindy cuddled Skipper up to her chest as she followed Rowan. She was back to her silent self and took her pokeballs and pokedex, putting them in her bag. She didn't have any questions and she was too intrigued by her new best friend.

She left the others to ask questions and went to wait for them outside, while waiting she set Skipper on the ground where he ran around her legs in circles. Mindy laughed and tried to walk without stepping on the poor thing. He easily dodged her feet, sliding in between her legs with ease. You sure are a perky fellow Mindy thought to herself as she held him until he was still in front of her and held out one hand in a "stay" command. Then she gave him a piece of pokemon food she had in her bag, to indicate that staying meant good. Then she tried again but this time she didn't hold him down and he stayed for about 2 seconds, but Mindy took that as progress and gave him a treat anyway.

By this time the 2 boys had come out again and Mindy picked up Skipper and waited to see what the next move would be, would they try to stick together or go they're separate ways?

Lerouge
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Sayl had been rather quiet when the new girl arrived, whether it was because it was his first time away from home or the unfamiliar surroundings, he felt very shy around her. Throughout the time spent from meeting to walking into the lab he had let Alex take the lead, saying only his name and the minor greetings that were forced upon him. They arrived rather quickly at the lab, surprising him at how small the city really was, and once they stepped inside it was like a madhouse. You could see assistants running around grabbing books, paperwork, even Pokemon that Sayl had never seen before. It seemed as though work has to come before even assisting new trainers.

A cough caught their attentions as they looked ahead to a rather old man standing in front of them, obviously this must be the professor. He watched curiously as they were introduced to the various pokemon, his eyes wandering between all of them happily trying to decide which one to take. "I wanna take Treecko" said Alex, good that wasn't the one he wanted. Once Mindy had choosen Mudkip, he was sure which one to take.

"Umm Chimchar for me" He said pointing to the small Monkey Pokemon with a small flame on it's behind. The pokemon had been jumping around this entire time and for some reason it just called out to him, quite literally when it leaned onto his head and clung to it. Sayl chuckled slightly as he reached for his Pokedex and Pokeballs, securing them in his pocket. His eyes turned and grazed over the others around him, watching them examine their Pokemon and smiled up at the Chimchar who had apparently found his new home on top of his head.

mcstringer
01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
"Thanks"

Joseph grabbed the black PokeDex meant for him and his share of pokeballs and put them on his belt. Even though he needed neither, he still had to have the PokeDex to be registered as a trainer in the PWL.

Joseph turned to Thyme.

"Do we do this together or apart? We'll fight against each other when we reach the league championship. No pressure if you like to journey alone."

Totenglaut
01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Thyme took the red PokeDex obviously meant for her. Then her share of Pokeballs. She didn't want to be rude and point out she'd bought some already.

Thyme thought about Joe's question a moment. She decided that it was safer to say yes. She had only one stipulation that Joe needed to know about. "I see no problem in travelling together. As long as we both understand when PWL comes along we fight our hardest"

mcstringer
01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
"Never planned on it princess."

Joseph hoped the "princess" remark was taken for what it was, an insult. He did not care so much if it went over her head. He registered himself onto the Pokedex while walking to the door. He decided to be a gentleman and hold it open for Thyme.

"Ladies first."

Danijel
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
"I have one question, just to be sure: Do we really need to collect 2 badges from each region?", asks Alex.

"Yes, that is right. Unlike the regular League's, for example Sinnoh League, you need collect 8 badges only from Sinnoh reagion. Same applies for other regions too. But in World League your task is to travel through all four regions and collect 2 from each, therefore gathering 8 badges too." Rowan answers Alex's question.

Alex nods and thanks professor for the answer. He puts away his PokéDex and Pokéballs in a pocket of his jacket, returns Treecko to his pokéball and leaves the lab along with Mindy and Sayl.
One outside he turns to both of them and asks, "Why don't we travel together?"

Bia
01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Mindy patted Skippers head and nodded in agreement to Alex's question, it would be nice to travel with someone. She started walking forward expecting them to follow.

When she spotted her family's pokemart in front of her she turned around and pointed at it as if to say "Let's go in there" without waiting for an answer she ran through the doors to the back of the store, and showed her parents her pokemon

"Oh a mudkip, that's wonderful honey" her mom said, coming out to greet the others "I'm Mindy's mom," she said shaking their hands. Her dad came out and shook their hands too "Hello, young trainers" he said smiling "Why don't you take some berries for your journey" he went over to the shelves and came out with a box of pokemon berries and handed them to Mindy "you share those with your friends okay?" Mindy smiled and nodded.

Totenglaut
01-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Thyme lifted an eyebrow. He was rude. But he was a companion. For now. "Wouldn't think you'd open a door for a 'princess'" She said mostly under her breath. Never mind that she was a little frightened to start.

She registered herself on the PokeDex as she stepped through the door. No turning back now, right?

Danijel
01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Mindy went forwards, she probably wanted to lead Sayl and Alex somewhere. Alex, following Mindy, decided to take Rowan's words about PokéDex and register himself on it.
Mindy led them to a PokéMart which, on Alex's surprise, was being led by Mindy's parents. "I'm Alex. Hi!", greets Alex Mindy's parents. "Must be really nice to have a family leading this store, huh?", asks Alex Mindy, not really expecting an answer.

After Mindy's parents gave them a box of berries, which Mindy decided to carry, Alex decides to devise a plan with Sayl and Mindy, "Okay, so is everyone ready? Next stop is Jubilife City, if I am right."

Bia
01-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Mindy slipped the box into her bag and gave her parents one last hug before heading outside with Alex. She tried to take out her pokedex to register, but she found it hard with only one hand. She set Skipper down and took out one of the pokeballs, pressed the button and tossed it at Skipper. The pokeball picked him up and Mindy lovingly set it in her pocket before registering on the pokedex. Mindy nodded her readiness to Alex.

mcstringer
01-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Joseph and Thyme started walking away on their journey to become PWL champions. Joseph pulled out his bluePokeGear in his back pocket. He scrolled through the options to find a map.

"Thank God, I got one these. Seems our first city is Cherrygrove....."

Joseph couldn't believe he was informing what the next city was on the map to a local. He felt like a dunce, but tried not to show it.

"Of course you know that. What I was going to as was do we stop there or head on to Violet City and the first gym?"

Danijel
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
"Alrighty then.", says Alex. "Company move!"

After awhile Alex and his friend(s) finally got out of the Sandgem Town and onto Route 202, a foresty route to get to Jubilife City on foot. They could see many Pokémons roaming around the area: on trees, on ground, flying in the sky,... Alex turns to his companions and asks them while taking out a Pokéball he was holding his Treecko in, "So, what do you say we make our first catches?"

Bia
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Mindy smiled and pulled out 2 pokeballs, one with her mudkip in it and one empty pokeball. She pressed the button and with a flash of red light, her beloved Skipper came out, hopping excitedly as if he already knew what was ahead.

Mindy crouched down so she was closer to his height and asked "Do you know any moves?"

The Mudkip looked at her for a second and Mindy was about to try a different approach when he suddenly stood up and tackled a tree.

Mindy gasped and ran over to her dizzy Mudkip who shook his head and "kipp"ed at her as if to say "What are you all concerned about?"

Mindy giggled and said "Any others?"

Skipper looked at the same tree and growled menacingly. Mindy patted Skippers fin and he looked up at her proudly.

"This means tackle" Mindy said, making a flicking motion with her finger, "and this means growl" she said and wrapped her 2 fingers around each other.

Skipper looked at her and Mindy hoped he understood.

"So lets try it" She wrapped her fingers around each other and Skipper tackled the tree. Mindy laughed at tried the flicking motion, and Skipper growled at the tree.

Mindy shrugged and thought oh well, we can switch them.

She patted him again and picked him up, whispering in his ear she said "Are you ready for a battle?"

Skipper "kipp"ed happily and squirmed in her arms. Mindy laughed and spotted a Growlithe rolling in some flowers a few yards off.

"How about that adorable Growlithe?" Skipper wriggled again and growled in the direction of the puppy pokemon. Mindy nodded and set down Skipper who ran over to the Growlithe. The Growlithe jumped up and sniffed at the Mudkip who took a fighting stance and "kipp"ed loudly at the pokemon. The Growlithe took a similar stance and "rowl"ed at Skipper back as if to say it was ready. Mindy hurried up behind Skipper and made the flicking motion. Skipper growled at the Growlithe and it seemed a little intimidated, but not much. The Growlithe leered at Skipper and Skipper looked at Mindy worriedly, Mindy smiled encouragingly and made the finger wrapping motion. Skipper turned around and tackled the Growlithe who was caught off guard.
The Growlithe cried out and stood up angrily, he moved to bite Skipper but Skipper hopped out of the way at the last minute. Mindy flicked again and Skipper tackled once more. This time the Growlithe barely stood up and stood there panting.

Mindy assumed he was ready and tossed out her empty pokeball. The ball picked up the Growlithe and swayed for a minute before beeping, meaning the Growlithe was caught. Mindy jumped in excitement and grabbed Skipper, spinning him around in the air. Skipper "kip"ed happily and rubbed against her cheek affectionately. Mindy picked up the pokeball and slipped it in her bag, wanting to wait until she got to a pokemon center and rehabilitated it before trying to do any training.

Danijel
01-14-2010, 04:05 PM
"Nice catch, my turn now.", says Alex and advances firther through the foresty route. There were a lot of Bidoofs and Starlys in the area, but they didn't quite caught his interest. Those were the Pokémons most trainers go and catch.
Finally he spotted a Pokémon that caught his interest, a Shinx.

"Target aquired.", says Alex and tosses Treecko's pokeball, "Party time Treecko." And in a flash coming from the pokeball, the gecko Pokémon appears. Shinx noticed the trainer now and looked at him curious.

"Okay Treecko, Pound!" commands Alex. Treecko first looks at Alex and then at the Shinx, and it simply shrugs saying 'Tree~' and then he starts running towards Shinx. Shinx now getting clue what's going on starts charging towards Treecko, readying its Tackle.
Treecko leaped up and then landed a Pound with his tail right on Shinx. Shinx fell to the ground, but came up on its paws quickly.

Then Shinx started to sparkle then andsoon after that it released an electricity, Spark, on Treecko zapping the gecko. Treecko was stunned for a bit but then just shooked himself and was ready to attack again.
"That's one tough Shinx. Treecko, Absorb!", Treecko then points a finger towards Shinx and a red ray shines out of it and it makes contact with Shinx. This was gradually recovering Treecko while Shinx had its energy drained.

"Pound it for a finish!", commands Alex. Treecko then makes one last chage at Shinx, who was tired from the Absorb, and pounds Shinx with a tail again. Shinx fell down on the ground again and it tried its best to stand on its feet.

"I guess this is it.", says Alex and tosses an empty pokeball on Shinx. Pokeball hit Shinx and it entered the pokeball in a flash of red light. Now they could only wait to see will Shinx be caught.

The pokeball wiggled...and wiggled...and wiggled...and it stopped. Alex takes the pokeball containing Shinx now and puts in its pocket.
"Whaddya' say we hurry to Jubilife City now?", asks Alex Mindy.

Bia
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Mindy put a happy mudkip in his pokeball and patted her pack lovingly. In response to alex's question mindy nodded and started walking forward eagerly, with a slight bounce in her step. Her mother usually told her "for someone nearly silent, your a really happy camper" to which mindy would just smile wide and hop along her way.

mcstringer
01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
As Thyme and Joseph walked to CherryGrove City, they walked upon a Nidoran(M).

"Yah, my first pokemon. Go...Ares."

The Charmander came out of the blinding light pumped up and firing flame out of his mouth. The Nidoran(M) noticed this and stopped eating a berry he was chewing on.

"This might mean he is already hurt. Hit'em with a Scratch attack."

Ares rushed toward the Nidoran(M), but the other pokemon was not going to stand there and take it either. It used Poison Sting in an attempt to injure the Charmander.
It was not enough however, Ares hit the pokemon with the Scratch attack and the Nidoran(M) fell back from the critical hit.

"Now, let's give it a shot."

Joseph threw the pokeball when Ares stepped far away from his opponent. Aparently the Nidoran(M) was injured before the battle started because that one attack was enough for the ball to close. Joseph walked over to the pokeball and picked it up. He petted Ares on the head as he did so.

"That name fits you, ya know. So it will be your name from now on. And yours.."

Joseph turned to the Nidoran(M).

"....and yours will be Brego."