PDA

View Full Version : Evolved Humans Academy IC

Neodraconis
08-06-2011, 02:45 PM
First day of this term of EHA. One of the best days of the year! Everyone's was wearing a smile on their faces. Tyron however, was extremely tired. The whole last night he had sent all the last minute invitations for persons that have powers but that hadn´t been found before the first invitations was sent.

His ability to read thoughts was great and everything but when the doors to the academy that had an old castle feeling to it opened and all the students entered the building with their loud thoughts, Tyron was hating his ability.

A headache was now bound to follow. The only good thing with a headache was that the worlds strongest sleeping pill couldn´t put him to sleep now. Tyron decided to go to his office, that way he could greet the students with his mic without having to ignore all the thoughts from the students. Since his ability had manifested he had noticed that everyones thought are a little like everyones speech. They have an unique "voice" without the talking part of course. It was fascinating really.

The headache was now preparing its attack, Tyron felt it. He entered his office and poured himself a cup of tea and swallowed a pill for the headache that now had started. Tyron cleared his throat and put on the mic.

"
This is your new principal speaking, Tyron.
Welcome new students and old ones as well, to this years first term here at Evolved Humans Academy. Go to the reception and you will get a key to your room. Depending on the risk your power brings and if you as a student had a special request about your room, you will either have a single room and live alone or have a double room and share your room with one of your new classmates.

You will have the first half of the day to settle in here at the academy and after lunch you will then go to your first class. For new students that room is 202, second graders first class will be in the classroom 250 and last the senior students will go to the classroom 183. Don´t worry if you don't remember, our staff is friendly and helpful and can help you at any time. We here at EHA are glad to have you here and hope you will have a great time here."

Tyron sighed, this was going to be a looong day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake Ryder took his bag out of the yellow bus. He decided to walk the last mile. Mostly because this was the nearest bus-stop but also because he needed the fresh air. He was so glad that he had joined the academy. This could help him control his power and if he was good enough he could go on missions and help others. Or that was what they said on the brochure that followed the invitation. It was sunny outside. Jake liked the sun but not at the moment. It was making him sweat so much that he felt dirty and not very fresh.

Jacob entered the academy and took in all of the new experiences with a open mind. He went to the reception and got the key to the room 111. Whoah! I am apparently having a good day today. Jaocb whistled on his way through a couple of corridors before coming to the room 111. He settled in in his room. His roommate hadn't arrived yet, so he had no idea what he/she was like. Jacob let his mind drift away about his mysterious and unknown roomate while laying on his bed and listening to music on his phone.

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Anurak stepped of the bus with very little baggage of his own, though he was followed closely by a student he guessed was about fourteen. The younger boy had been bombarding him with questions about Nero since Anurak had mentioned what his power was. After six questions, it was actually triggered, and for the next few hours, Anurak would be the world's foremost expert on the infamous Emperor.

"Listen... I know you love Rome and all... but is it really necessary that you know every single detail about the guy?"

"Okay, okay, just one more question. Did he REALLY think that people liked his performances? I mean, guys used to fake death to get out of it his concerts!"

Anurak rubbed his jaw. All this talking was starting to make it sore. "Nero wasn't exactly right in the head. He honestly believed everyone loved his singing and acting. I would think they did, too, if I didn't know better from my own knowledge. His thoughts on the subject are pretty morbid."

Saying goodbye to the younger student, Anurak walked off into the building, sighing slightly as he did. It was hard, having the vile thoughts of people like Nero running through his mind. He'd have to learn to live with it, though.
His demeanor changed back to a friendlier one as he approached the woman behind the reception desk. Smiling warmly, he accepted the key to room 113.
One thirteen, eh? ...Lucky me.

He found the door with the matching number relatively quickly. Naturally, it was directly across from room 114 and right next to 111. He stuck the key into the doorknob, pushing open the door. Inside the room were two large closets, two stained wooden desks, and most importantly, one bunk bed.
So... I'm gonna be sharing a room, I guess. Fair enough.

Anurak threw his only bag onto the top bunk, pulling the chair out from under one of the desks. He took a seat and put his feet up on the desk, doing his best to suppress Nero's morbid thoughts as he patiently awaited his roommate to show up.

wolflover685
08-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Blaire took out her bag from the crowded bus. Before she left she gave a quick glare at the boy who had looked over her shoulder all the way there, watching her draw. He had kept asking her questions about why she wore those bandages on her arm and finally she had just told him to shut up, to no avail it just made him talk even more.

The boy clearly not getting the hint, started to walk towards her. With clearly a stalker on her hands Blaire grabbed her duffel bag and took off towards the building that would tell her where she would stay. When Blaire got to the building she looked behind her to find that she had outrun the pest. She was a bit nervous about this school, but hopefully it would help her control her powers, with that last thought she took a deep breath and walked into the building.

She walked up to the receptionist and asked for her room number and key. She was in room 115, she smiled and said,"thank you" and she left. When she finally found the room she fumbled with the key, and stuck it in the lock and went inside. It was pretty spacious and it was obvious she was probably going to have a roommate. She placed her bag on the ground, and she decided she'll wait on the bed she wanted. She layed down and started to draw the tree outside her window.

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Hm... That kid on the bus was really interested in Nero. Funny, I'd imagined that at a school like this, I would be LESS interesting than everyone else. I wonder if there's anyone else here with links to dead people...
With nothing to do, and a severe lack of activity on his part, Anurak eventually zoned out into half-sleep.

His attention was grabbed seconds later by a voice from behind him.
"I suppose you're my roommate. Anurak, was it?"

The surprise caused Anurak to snap his legs to their full length, pushing his chair onto the back legs far enough where he toppled over backwards. With a loud thud, he and the chair crashed to the ground, the impact causing him to shout out in pain.

Looking up, he saw a man dark-haired student in regtangular-framed glasses staring down at him with an unamused expression. "I hear you can read the memories of the dead. Sounds to me like you have a lot on your plate."

Anurak slid off the chair, standing up and facing his new roommate. "Nah, it's not that bad. And as long as I have a pen and paper nearby when I get flooded with memories, it gives me an interesting story to tell." he extended his hand to the student.

The student took it, shaking quickly, then readjusting his glasses. "My name is Richard. I've got fast hands. I can get in and out of a someone else's wallet before their nerves have time to register the movement in their pocket. I'm no thief, though. Respect my possessions and I'll respect yours. Fair enough?"

"Alright. Yeah, fair. Now, if you'll excuse me..."
Anurak headed out the door to the hall, closing it behind him. Nero was making him antsy, and he wanted to be away from people if he could. He leaned up against the wall, avoiding contact with his head where it had slammed into the ground.

Shani
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Beatrice took the long bus ride to her new school for the gifted. She sat alone trying to avoid others, not really wanting to talk to anyone. To her dismay a girl sat in the seat across from her and started to have a conversation. "So? What your power?" The girl asked. "I can control and command fire at my finger tips." Beatrice stated, with a slight sigh. Then the girl stated to explain hers, Beatrice on off listened she heard something about strength. "Can you show me yours?" The female asked randomly. Beatrice was take back for a minute before anwsering. "No, I can't sorry, it doesn't work like that." She explained to her, the girl nodded and walked away. Beatrice sighed with releaf, and enjoyed the rest of the bus ride starting out the window.

When she arrived she held onto her bag tightly and exited the bus, slowly walking up to the school. She wanted to be her to hopefully learn some control and tricks with her power. Entering the building she spotted the reception desk, she walked over and stated her name. The receptionist nodded and then looked at a paper telling her she was in room 115 handing her a key. Once she had the key she headed up to her room. When she got there it was already unlocked, 'I must have a roommate then.' she thought. Then gently she knocked on the door and walked into the room. She saw a girl on one of the beds drawing, she smiled slightly then went to the other bed putting her bag down.

wolflover685
08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Blaire looked up as she saw a girl walk in and place her stuff down. She put down her sketch book and bit her lip, deciding that she'll start the introductions. She turned to the new girl and said,"hi, i'm Blaire. I guess i'm your roommate then." She gave a kind of nervous smile, she was never very good at introductions. Then she added, "um so what's your power?" She thought for a second and hastily added,"you don't have to tell me if you don't want too."

PaganiVillicus
08-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Haylie Lucas stepped off of the bus last- well, first, considering she was the only one on the aptly named 'short bus'- cautiously but confidently, with the air someone who had been told where they were but hadn't yet seen it for themselves. Her left hand was curled around the well-worn handle of a white tipped cane, and was held limply at her side, as though this was simply for show, not necessity.

Which, it was. She didn't need it, but it was a comfort, just in case.

The same could be said for the large dog at her side; he stood next to her, his long pink tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth, his brown eyes wide and inquisitive as he took in the sights around him. He wore a bright yellow vest, with the words 'seeing eye dog' emblazoned on the side in black font.

Everything was just in case.

Haylie never knew when her mind would be overwhelmed, never knew when she wouldn't be able to rely on that part of her to guide her, so of course, she needed something to fall back on.

She sighed. She would be losing one of her many safeguards, simply by coming here.

“ Lucky, you ready to go?”

And there her god-father was, smelling of the blue fir pines that surrounded their home back North; she could feel his presence as well, six inches adjacent from her right shoulder, all disguised worry and pride that she felt she didn't deserve. He'd driven her all the way down here, having borrowed the bus from his school, and now...

“ It's too late to transfer back to Stark, right?” She muttered instead, her fingers curling instinctively around his the moment he reached for her hand. Matthew laughed, and his worry diminished slightly, replaced by relief.

“ Just a bit.” She felt his smirk, and she smiled in return.

“Okay, good. I don't want you to change your mind when you get home tonight and realize that I'm not there to make you dinner.”

“ I think I'll survive.” Matthew replied wryly.

“ You think.” Sarcasm, covering her worry. Haylie squeezed his hand, and he squeezed back once, before pulling her into a hug. He was warm, and sturdy, always had been, and now he was leaving her. Haylie wasn't sure she'd be able to handle being away from him- ever since she was 8, she'd barely gone a day without seeing him. This is going to be rough, I think.

“Yeah, I do. Okay-” Matt pulled away; she let him go reluctantly. She felt him smile, trying to reassure her, she figured. “ Alright, so your stuff should be your room already, if not, try not to be too self-righteous.”

“You know me. I'll probably just suffer in silence.”

“Haylie, try and have fun, okay?” He sounded worried now, and felt it even more.

“Okay, I promise.”

She felt him smile again. “ I'll see you at Christmas.”

Haylie waited until she heard the bus pull away, and felt his presence disappear completely, before turning towards where the largest concentration of emotions were to be felt; homesickness, sadness, excitement, happiness, all curled up into one massive torrent of emotion.

Yep, it was her new school, alright. She sighed and began to walk towards it, letting the dog lead her along the path.

-/-/-/-

About ten minutes later, she was standing in front of her room, 111. She had a roommate, the person who'd led her here had said so, and she could feel him within, his presence relaxed, lulled into a sort of quietness by what she suspected was music.

Huh. A guy.

Paladin nudged her hand, and Haylie smiled.

“You ready, boy?” Paladin's presence warmed, it was almost like a Yes.

Haylie nodded even though it probably didn't mean anything to him, pressed the key into the lock and then pushed the door open.

Home sweet home.

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Gradually, Nero faded out of Anurak's mind, until a minimal amount of knowledge was left that he didn't have prior to the burst. Without the Emperor in his mind, he felt almost pure. Gone were the urges to burn things down, gone were vivid memories of assassinating family members.
Right then... I should say hi to my neighbors. Maybe one of them has an aspirin. My head still kinda hurts...

Anurak vaguely remembered seeing a girl with a pet of some sort walk past him into the next room over, so he pushed off the wall, getting into a more solid footing before approaching the door with the number 111 on it. Allowing his usual pleasant smile to return to his face, he knocked his fist against the door three times.
A pet. I didn't know we were allowed to have pets.

PaganiVillicus
08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Before Haylie got the chance to say anything to her new roommate, a new presence came into range. It seemed... strange. It wasn't a old aura, but it certainly felt like it.

Before she was able to think on this longer, the presence knocked, supposedly on the door she had just entered. It rang loudly in her ears, and she winced as she turned back to open the door.

"Um, hello?"

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Anurak's smile faltered slightly for a moment when he saw the girl who opened the door. She had a black blindfold covering her eyes, and a cane with a white tip was clasped in her hand.
She was blind.

Of course, Anurak knew that not much offended handicapped people more than other people trying to tiptoe around their feelings, and so he forged onwards in his quest for friendly greetings.

"Hi there! My name's Anurak. I've got room 113, so I guess that makes us neighbors."
Glancing past the girl, Anurak saw her pet - which evidently was a seeing eye dog - and another student, laying in bed.
"I, uh... figure this is the most common question among students here right now, but I'm curious. What's your power?"

PaganiVillicus
08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Haylie could feel the boy's apprehension; at her appearance, she assumed. Most people acted like this when they saw her, the dog, the cane, the blindfold, it all added up to something that made most people tiptoe around her like she was fragile.

The boy however- Anurak-, didn't seem as though his behavior changed once he noticed it, and his presence felt warm and nice, even with the oldness that hung around him like a mist.

Haylie leaned the cane against the wall and extended her hand out towards where she felt Anurak standing. " Nice to meet you, I'm Haylie." she smiled. " I'm a... well... empath is the best way to describe it, I guess, but it doesn't really explain a lot of what I can do. How about you?"

Paladin snorted from behind her, as if he knew, somehow.

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Anurak didn't know what an Empath was. Fortunately, the Union soldier he'd taken the memories of a few weeks back did, and that particular detail had remained with Anurak on after the soldier's memories had passed over.
So she can read emotions? huh.

"I'm not sure there's a word to describe what I do. If I hear a certain amount of information about someone who's dead - anywhere from their name to an entire biography- all of their memories just flood into my mind, as vividly as the day those thoughts had first crossed the person's mind. Most of their thoughts go away after a few hours, but some information likes to stay."
Anurak's blood ran cold for a moment, realizing he's just been rambling.

"Ah... sorry about that. Say, you wouldn't happen to have any kind of painkillers, would you? I've got a bit of a headache."

Damonique
08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Keaton was woken up by the sound of the intercom, having been completely exhausted after his last night of lessons. Since his teacher was part of an earlier class and a telepath, he had spent that evening, like most nights, having lessons of math and science and grammar literally drilled into his head to make up for his lack of even a grade school education. He was almost caught up now, and was supposed to be transferring into regular classes with the other students, who were arriving today.

Keaton changed into a pair of dark jeans and a grey T-shirt, slicked back a few curls in his oily black hair, and took a breath to prepare himself. Keaton had never liked people, much, living on his own had made him a bit of an invert, but he was determined to suceed here, because the school had dragged him out of the gutter and he was determined to not end back up there.

Keaton opened the door. His room was 117, at the end of a the 100 Hallway, and got a perfect view of all the people bustling back and forth. His classmates, he reminded himself, and carefully strode down the hallway, slumped forward, trying to avoid drawing attention to himself and fighting the urge to use his power to shroud himself. Keaton was too busy watching the dozens of faces crowding the hallway, opening doors, settling into their bunks, to notice the dog in front of him until it was under his feet.

The dog barked loudly, Keaton lost his focus, and felt the light around him bending, turning him into a vaguely person-shamed translucent haze, like what appears over a grill on a hot day,and he pressed himself into the wall to the side of the door, head down, reflexively, even though avoiding notice by the two people standing there was inevitable.

PaganiVillicus
08-06-2011, 10:40 PM
He can... talk to the dead? Haylie felt herself freeze for a moment, and her mind went blank- the presence of all others faded until it was just her, her and the boy that smelled like pain and history.

"-I've got a bit of a headache." Anurak had said, and Haylie fumbled with her sweatshirt pocket- she remembered that Matt had slipped some aspirin in there before they'd left the house that morning- for a few seconds before her fingers wrapped around the small container that Matt had thoughtfully labelled with a large, bubbled A.

"Here you go." she said softly, holding it out hesitantly- she couldn't sense him anymore, and where the hell was Paladin?

And that was when she heard the barking.

Oh no.

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Anurak took the bottle, and was about to thank her, but he was interrupted by several loud barks coming out of the Haylie's dog.
"Uh... did I do something to offend your dog?"

He popped open to bottle, taking two of the small pills from it before returning the cap to its rightful place.

PaganiVillicus
08-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Haylie shook her head immediately. " No, that's the... he feels that I'm threatened, but not by you." That much she could tell. " Did you happen to see where he went?"

She grabbed for the cane, groping for a few seconds before finally getting a grip on it.

Mr. Rope
08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Anurak glanced downward. The dog was still there, though its attention was directed at the wall next to the door.

"Well he hasn't moved... But something has his attention."

He looked closely at the wall. It was difficult to tell through the tint of his sunglasses, but it looked like there was a ripple in the air by the wall. In the back of his mind, Anurak couldn't help but be reminded of the ripples in the air above blacktops during the summer.

PaganiVillicus
08-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Haylie nodded slowly, feeling irritated now. Paladin, who never barked unless it was an emergency, was barking at a wall. "Right." She took a deep breath, and then, suddenly...

She could feel the ancient one again, and the sense of hundreds of presences suddenly swarming her was comforting rather that smothering.

Someone was there. Hiding, true, but still there. Haylie sighed in relief, and then clicked her tongue. " Come here, Paladin."

Paladin snorted again, mid-bark - his eyes narrowed, but he backed off, and padded over to stand next to Haylie. He nudged her hand, and Haylie rubbed behind his ears absently.

"I'm sorry about that, uh..."

Koti~
08-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Jask was lost in his book, having avoided talking to the person who has tried to hold a conversation on the bus. Seriously, the boy talked a mile a minute, and seems a bit touchy. He had tried to get Jask’s attention, as his music drowned everything out, and had been sent a way with a loud cracking sound. Jask enjoyed two things about his power. The first being that he generated a field of static electricity, which was great to push people away from him who wanted contact. The second was that he never had to worry about batteries, as his power generated enough power to power his IPod.

Jask took the key as it was placed down in front of him, having avoided contact with just about everyone. He was completely lost in his book, a favorite of his, while munching on a bag of licorice sticks. It seems that he was in room 116, which made him sigh. Odds are, it would be a two room.

Walking into the hallway, he made his way around quickly avoiding as much contact as possible. Annoyance, why can’t people just shut up He thought, seething with annoyance at all the noise. Even though he had purchased a pair of noise canceling headphones, they did little to stop the noise in the hallway. He brushed against someone, hearing the tell talk pop of electricity as it transferred over. He glanced over, seeing the man just take two pills, which he registered as aspirin, as he hurriedly walked past. He quickly entered his own room, 116. It was nicely furnished, but his eyes went to the bunk bed. Sighing internally, he dropped his bag onto the top and sat, hoping the person who he shocked wouldn’t be terribly mad.

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Anurak felt the jolt of a static shock. Turning to face the source, he saw that a shorter, probably younger student had brushed against him.

He glanced back at Haylie for a moment. "I'm sorry, I've got to get going. I hope I'll be seeing more of you in the future." He then took off after the boy. It didn't appear as if the student had noticed the shock, or just didn't care.
He stopped at room 116, turned, and pushed a key into the knob.
Oh, hey. It's another neighbor.

Anurak waited a moment, then knocked on the door.
Hm... I have the asiprin, but no water. This headache sure is hard to kill off.

PaganiVillicus
08-07-2011, 02:04 AM
"I'm sorry, I've got to get going. I hope I'll be seeing more of you in the future."

Haylie nodded, mumbled 'see you' under her breath and listened as Anurak's footsteps faded into the distance. His presence remained, however, so she could sense that he had not gone very far. His presence intrigued her, and his power even more. It frightened her slightly, the idea of speaking for the dead. Could he speak to my parents?

It was unlikely, of course, but still...

The temptation to ask him was almost unbearable.

Haylie knew nothing about her parents aside from what her god-father had been able to tell her, which was basically their names, birthdates and a few amusing anecdotes from their childhood. The thought of being able to talk to them, or someone who knew something of how they had lived, how they'd died.

Haylie suddenly felt very lonely, and though the urge to call Matthew and beg him to come back and get her was strong, she managed to quell it.

She wasn't a quitter, and she wasn't a coward.

With a determined sigh, she turned to where she'd felt the hidden presence. She couldn't feel the person's emotions, but she could sense that they were there, so...

She held her hand out towards the one Paladin had been barking at.

“Hi, I'm Haylie.”

Koti~
08-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Jask barely heard the knock on the door, the music lowering a bit due to relaxed nature. Grabbing the last licorice stick and making a mental note to buy some more, he hopped off his bed. Jask pulled his headphones down, taking in the full brunt of the noise in the hallway. He probably would be playing his music a lot when not in class.

"Yeah?" Jask asked, a bored tone covering the annoyed one. Opening the door, he could see the guy who he had run into out in the hall. A bit of fear and a desire to run flashed across his mind, not enough to act on, but enough to stall him for a second.

Jask leaned into the door, avoiding the metal knob as much as possible.
If there was one thing he hated, was hitting something metal with his headphones down. He had lost two of them that was, and wasn't planning on lossing the boise ones yet. They were too damn good and expensive

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Anurak's hopes of another pleasant neighbor were diminished significantly by the boy's response.
Oh god. He's angsty.

"Hi! My name's Anurak. You, shocked me in the hall. I think you should be a bit more mindful of your surroundings, you know? Apologize when you shock someone like that and all. Anyway, I'm in room 113, so that makes you and me neighbors."

For perhaps the first time in his life, Anurak felt his smile wasn't entirely genuine. Something about this boy just rubbed him the wrong way.
Ugh... Maybe it's just aftereffects from Nero's memory. It should be fine once I've got the traces his thoughts sorted out from my own.
He convinced himself it was Nero. It must be. At no point did the idea cross his mind that maybe he just didn't like this person.

Koti~
08-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Jask looked at the boy, who he had unfortunately shocked in the hallway. He wasn’t usually confronted by the people that happened to brush against him.

“Sorry… didn’t notice it there. It’s just a common thing that happens around me, and I’m not good with introductions” Jask said, almost completely honest. He had many situations where he had been so engrossed in his reading that he had once shorted out his home room in middle school. And as well, he was hardly a people person.

“And nice to meet you neighbor. Name’s Jask, and sorry about the bad intro. Don’t be offended if I don’t offer my hand, but I don’t want to shock you again” Jask said. He had grown accustomed to being shocked with contact, but it seemed others didn’t like it as much. Sure it made him seem a bit angsty, but better sad than shocked, as he had changed it.

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Anurak's hopes flared up again slightly.
Okay. Maybe not so angsty.

"Alright, fair enough. So, I'm guessing that your power's got something to do with electricity, then?"

He rubbed his forehead, the irritation of having the Emperor occupy his thoughts still pulsing against his skull.
Maybe I could just gather up enough spit to swallow these... No, no, I'm just gonna get a cup of water like a normal human being.

"Well, I've gotta get going. Pretty nasty headache going on, you know? Gotta get some water to swallow the asprin."
He turned away, absently waving behind him as he walked back to his own room.

In room 113, he found Richard lying in the bottom bunk with his head buried in a small book. His roommate turned away from the book for a moment to face Anurak.
"You're back. Meet anyone interesting while you were out?"

Anurak let out a quiet laugh, moving into their bathroom and grabbing a paper cup, filling it with tapwater.
"I guess you could say that. Freshman-looking kid in 116 shocked me pretty bad just by brushing against me. There's a girl over in room one eleven, too. Reads emotions. She's blind, has a cane and a seeing eye dog and everything. Nice girl." He planted both the tablets on the back of his tongue, swallowing them down with a gulp of water.

Richard cocked an eyebrow, smirking.
"A girl? Ah, I was wondering who was responsible for that barking. I hope it doesn't keep up, otherwise I'll be moving to a different wing."

Grabbing the guard rail of the bed, Anurak pulled himself up into the top bunk, pushed his bag to the side and took off his sunglasses, laying face-down with his head in his pillow.

Damonique
08-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Keaton had noticed the disturbance he had caused in the conversation between the girl with the dog, who, from its vest, he could tell was blind, and the other boy who hadn't appeared to see him, but waited until there were less people in the hallway before moving from his position against the door-frame, staring down and feeling extremely uncomfortable, even though he knew they couldn't see him.

Keaton was about to turn and walk back to his room, sufficiently mortified, when he heard the girl say something. Keaton looked around for a moment, noticed noone else she could be talking to, and wondered for a moment if she talked to herself before deciding she was talking to him.

Keaton allowed the sphere of light around him he had been reflecting away to progress as normal, and came back into view, to a slight shock to the few students who still hadn't retreated to their rooms. Keaton used a hand to shift his oily black hair out of his eyes before remembering she was blind and dropping the hand to his side, not sure quite what to say.

"Um....Hi, I'm sorry if I startled your dog. I'm not used to so many new people around here..." He trailed off slowly before staring back down at the ground hesitantly.

PaganiVillicus
08-07-2011, 03:55 AM
The feeling of someone being hidden faded, replaced by the almost blindingly powerful emotions of a fellow teenager. A guy, whose emotions were running the range from mortification to awkwardness back to being mortified.

Haylie could feel his embarrassment - hot and cloying, so powerful that it brought a flush to her own cheeks, and it made her almost giddy at its strength. It was strange, the effect it had after being absent for a period of time.

He spoke, and by the way he trailed off and the increasing feeling of claustrophobia, she could tell that he was uncomfortable. Haylie felt the need to comfort him somehow.

"It's okay, really. He- we're in the same boat." Haylie began, and then continued hesitantly. "We're from a small town up in New England, and I'm the only... 'evolved' human there. I guess Paladin is just getting used to the fact that now he's surrounded by people who all have powers." She grinned. " Really, I should be the one apologizing. It's against his training to bark unless in an emergency."

Shani
08-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Beatrice heard the girl speak, then felt kind of rude for not saying anything when she came in, She turned toward her. "Hello I'm Beatrice, and if you are mine then I am yours as well." She tried to joke a bit, smiling at her. "Hold on a moment, I'll show you." She stated then her face became sadshe then shut her eyes and when she opened them a tear started to fall, a small fire appeared in her hand as she held it out. Then she put it out "I can summon and control fire. What can you do?" She asked curiously.

Neodraconis
08-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Jake stopped the music when his roommate, who appearantely were blind, entered the room. All of the different imaginary roommates that he had made up in his mind was not as interresting as this girl seemed to be. But before Jake was able to say hello a person who later turned out to be able tot talk to the dead knocked on their door.

Then the blind girls dog started barking at the wall. Jake couldn´t really see the wall from the bed even if he tried to stretch his neck. Then the guy with the cool power walked away, Jake had to introduce himself later to everyone. Then, from nowhere this guy came and Jake soon noticed how uncomfortable the guy was. Jake turned on the music again, waiting for his turn to introduce himself to his roommate.

stevezilla
08-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Desmond arrived at the academy rather late, having to chase the bus to get there. He quickly went passed the groups of people fading in and out to get past them. He had missed the announcements and therefore had to find the principals office.

His luggage wasn't much of a bother until he had to completely disappear to get past a large group of students. "Oh great," he said before dissapearing into a puff of mist. He had to move carefully to keep his bags above the other students heads, when he got to the end of the crowd the luggage dropped, and the mist swirled foring the shape of a boy before he appeared in front of the principals office. He knocked on the door and called out. "Hello?"

Neodraconis
08-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Tyron suddenly heard a knock on the door and a boy who called out "Hello?" Tyron smiled, he had an idea what was going on. Every year it was usually one or two students who missed the announcement Tyron give every morning in the start of the year. Tyron stood up and walked to his brown oak door and opened just to see a boy standing before him. "Hello! Can I help you?" Tyron face was kind and caring and glowed of carisma.

stevezilla
08-07-2011, 12:03 PM
"Well I got here late having missed the bus so I'm unfamiliar with the rooms, classes etc. And so I'm guessing you're the principal," he said to him noticing that he seemed rather bright for most principals on the first day of school.

CoffeeLorencia
08-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Still looking a bit blurry eyed after sleeping through the entire car ride, Rialto was grateful when the driver volunteered to leave her bag at the receptionist. It weighed a ton and it was probably due to around 1/4 of the stuff inside having a metallic foundation. Most of the three-fourths was composed of articles of clothing.

Clipping her hair into a messy bun, the metal wielder attempted to find her way around the school. She should have asked for directions from the driver. Then again, it was partly her fault she was late anyway. Fact was, she lived in the suburbs in the middle of nowhere and her parents were hugging her the entire way to the door, which was followed by her two younger siblings clinging to her legs and an older brother telling her not to make a fool of herself. She wasn't going to get herself killed. Probably.

Somehow, by wandering aimlessly through the various paths, she had followed the signs leading to the principal's office. She thought about asking there, almost deciding to reject the idea when she spotted another student, asking about the ways of the school. Though she already had a general idea of how it worked since her teacher had already told her about it, Ria didn't think it would hurt hearing it straight from the headmaster himself.

Right after Desmond speaking, Ria approached. "I'd like to know the same thing."

stevezilla
08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Desmond was surprised when another student walked up and said that theu would like to know the same thing as him. He accidentally disappeared into a mass of mist before returning to his normal state. "Sorry," he said to the girl that had walked up.
"I was just a bit surpised when you came up," he added.

Neodraconis
08-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Tyrons smile widened. He loved students especially when they had a lot to learn. Tyron thought they were almost as cute as puppies. It sounded a bit strange, even to himself. He just loved them. Tyron started telling about everything that they missed. "Do you have anymore questions or are your curiousity not satisfied yet?" Tyron continued to smile warmly.

stevezilla
08-07-2011, 01:52 PM
"Thanks, and there's nothing else I need to know just now," Desmond said before walking off to the reception desk. He got there and got room 116 and headed over. He arrived there and went inside, finding that his roommate had already arrived.

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Blaire stared at Beatrice's power and said"wow that's really cool." Then she laughed kind of nervously and said"since you showed me your power, I'll show you mine." She unwrapped her left arm bandages revealing the gruesome wounds from the dog that had savagely attacked her. She concentrated on them for a few seconds and then she started to bleed, after a few more seconds she stopped the bleeding."I can manipulate blood."

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Feeling his headache subside, Anurak sat up, placing his sunglasses back on his face.
"I'm gonna go out again. I'm sure there's a ton more people I've gotta greet."

Richard leaned off his bed slightly, looking up at Anurak.
"You don't plan on introducing yourself to everyone in the school, do you? I can't imagine you would remember everyone's name."

Anurak jumped down from the top bunk, shaking the floor slightly with the impact.
"Nah, not today. Maybe tomorrow. Today, just the residents of rooms 110 to 119."
He walked out the door again, noticing that the hall was now almost completely empty. Halyie was talking to someone outside her door, but aside from that, there was nobody in the hall. He turned away from them, figuring there were other people he needed to meet. He closed his eyes, pointing blindly at each of the rooms in turn.
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Opening his eyes, he saw that he'd selected room 115. Smiling at his own childish method of selection, he approached the door, knocking loudly.

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Blaire looked up startled and she quickly put her bandages back on. She said to Beatrice"I'm going to get the door real quick." She walked over to the door and cautiously opened it to reveal a really tall guy with white hair and sunglasses. Blaire noticed she was staring so she quickly said,"hi?"

CoffeeLorencia
08-07-2011, 02:34 PM
For some odd reason, Ria didn't know what to think of their principal. Usually, she could tell right away if she liked the person or not, but she didn't know if she found Tyron's cheerfulness creepy or charming. Probably both. However, she was thankful for the help and continued on to follow Desmond, assuming he was going the right way. Thankfully, he did, and Ria spotted her deposited luggage right beside her. After a short exchange and she had the keys to room 112.

After struggling a bit with her luggage, she found her room - it was easy enough to locate. The lock on the door decided to argue with her for a bit and after a few more frustrated jerks she decided to user her power to alter the lock. A few seconds later, she was inside, the door firmly shut behind her. The room was expected for two people, but from what she could see, Rialto was the sole occupant for now. Unlike most of the others, Ria preferred to take the bottom bunk and dumped the bag which contained her lighter things onto the bed. As for the rest of her luggage, it could wait. For now, she wanted to look through what her dorm what to offer.

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
A girl opened the door, significantly shorter than Anurak, with bandages wrapped around her hands.

"Hiya! I've got 113, right next to you. I imagine we'll be seeing each other a lot, so I figured I'll just introduce myself now. My name's Anurak, and I hear dead people's thoughts in my head. What about you?"

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Blaire was startled at this guy named Anurak. He talked to her with no caution at all and he could hear dead people?What if he could hear the woman she had pretty much killed? She eyed him cautiously and said,"hi, I'm Blaire and I can control blood." She hated introductions ecspecially with a guy who could know about her past which she would prefer to keep secret. But he seemed nice enough, so she would be nice back but she would have to keep an eye on him.

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Anurak cocked an eyebrow.
Just... blood? It doesn't work like that, though, does it?

"You can control blood? Well, in that case, you should probably be able to branch out to other things. After all, blood is made up of a whole lot of components. Water, vitamins, sugar... you know. Stuff like that."

He noticed something slightly off about Blaire. She seemed... nervous.
Was it something I said...? Eh, maybe I just have a particularly eerie power. Richard didn't seem too put off by it, though.

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Blaire saw his quick look of disbelief and gave him a quick glare and responded"Sorry I can only mess around with blood, trust me i've tried other things as well. It seems like my power exclusively only likes blood and nothing else. Which can be a real hassle at times."

She started to look down at the floor and thought Hmm, since he inquired about my power, why don't I ask for more information on his? She worked up the courage and she nervously looked at him. "Soo, what about your power? How does it work, do you need to know something about the person or can you just randomly hear someone?"

Shani
08-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Beatrice watched curiously as she unwrapped her arm, seeing her wounds. "Wow that's pretty cool." She stated and smiled it never dawned on her that, that could be possible but then again she never thought about her power being possible either. Beatrice was startled when she heard the knock on the door. She nodded when Blaire said she'd get.

Beatrice heard a man's voice at the door he had introduced himself as Anurak. So he was one of there neighbors, and he could hear the dead that was pretty interesting. She didn't mean to over hear them, there was no music or anything else to really focus on. Then Beatrice decided to start unpacking her things.

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Anurak thought back to ways he'd triggered his powers in the past.

"Well, after I hear a a certain amount of information about someone who's dead, every single thought that was ever in their mind just kind of floods into my head. It's been everything from just hearing their name, to reading a whole biography on them. I don't... TALK to them, you know. I just get their memories. For a few hours, I know everything that person ever thought, did, or thought of doing."

He leaned closer to Blaire.
"Is something wrong? You seem nervous."

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Blaire blushed, she didn't know that she was making it so obvious. "oh, um I'm fine it's just that people don't really like my power too much sometimes, they think it's demonic that I can only control blood so I tend to be careful about talking about it. You know your powers are really cool, you must rock in history class." She laughed now trying to change the subject without making it too obvious.

Now that she knew he didn't know about her past she was less nervous around him, and she decided he was an okay guy. Even though she would still have to be careful about what she said around him.Good, it's unlikely he'll find out about that woman. Unless of course he finds out about the shark attack, which I doubt he will and even if he does he will not know I was there unless he gets her memories.

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Anurak laughed quickly, reaching into the pocket of his jacket and procuring a folded piece of paper. He opened it up, reading the contents aloud.
"Anurak,
While your 'essay' was by far the finest and most vivid, in-depth article I have ever read on the life of George Washington, I would appreceate it if next time, you wrote about four hundred ninety pages LESS than you did this time. A+."

Damonique
08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Keaton smiled when he discovered that it wasn't entirely his fault the dog had freaked. He knew that it was really bad for a seeing eye dog to get distractred, but to him, the girl appeared to be able to see him fine. Maybe she could hear really well, or something.

"Well, anyway, I'm Keaton..I sort of live here now. I used to live in New York...big city My rooms at the end of the hall, 117." He said, almost extending a hand for her to shake before realizing that that was a bit pointless, and recalled it.

"So whats your power? I don't know if you noticed it or not, but I can...change...light. Thats how I hid myself when your dog startled me." He explained, feeling a bit more comfortable now.

PaganiVillicus
08-07-2011, 07:50 PM
" That must have been why I couldn't sense you earlier!" Haylie exclaimed, a small smile tugging at her lips. " I can sense emotions and the presences of sentient life. It's useful, when I have to deal with all of this." She gestured wildly, in the general direction of her eyes. " I also have a heightened sense of hearing and smell, but I think that's just acquired."

She smiled again. " It was nice to meet you, Keaton -I think I should go back, get used to all of this. Maybe I'll see you in classes?"

And with that Haylie turned around and reentered her dorm room, where her roommate was supposedly still listening to his music. She was curious to get to know him - even more curious at the fact that she had been placed with a boy.I'd better not let Matthew and Jacob know about this. They probably won't take it well.

Paladin nudged her hand, and Haylie raised an eyebrow. "You getting restless, boy? Okay, let's find the bed." She felt around his fur until she found his collar. She laced her fingers around it, and then followed him as he led her towards the unoccupied bed(bunk/normal?). She sat down on it cautiously, and then turned in the general direction of her new roommate.

"Hi, sorry about that. I'm Haylie Lucas."

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Blaire listened intently to the letter that Anurak was reading. When he finished she started to laugh" Wow you wrote four hundred ninety pages worth on George Washington!? I could probably barely write two pages and it would turn out to be a C or a B at the most. You must love your power, you can learn about other people and get a good grade while your at it. My power doesn't really help me at all during school."

Neodraconis
08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Jake stopped his music as soon as their dorm door was closed. "It´s okay. I´m Jake. Nice to meet you." Jake put out his hand in the open and because he had overheard two o three times now that she could feel the presence of persons he knew that she would feel where his hand was. "So, you are an empath, huh?" Jake smiled warmly and friendly. Jake hoped that he wasn´t too forward, sometimes he were. He relaxed and put his head on the table behind him and suddenly it started to lift for the ground so Jake sat on it and he was lucky, it made the table fall down on the ground again. "Sorry about that, I don´t have that good control of my ability yet." Then Jake laughed a little embarassed while he scratched his head. "But I guess that is why we are here, right."

Mr. Rope
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Anurak shrugged his shoulders.
"Hey, I'd rather something practical than something that impresses teachers. Anyway, I've got to get going."
He waved, taking a few steps back from the door.
"I'll be seeing you around, alright?"

PaganiVillicus
08-07-2011, 08:31 PM
" Kind of, yeah." Haylie grasped his hand, affirmed by the warmth; most people didn't offer their hand to her, under the belief that she would be offended, and while it bothered her, she hadn't ever felt the need to say anything about it - she couldn't tell most people that she could in fact 'feel' them, so it would have been hard to explain.

Here, she didn't have to hide it.

Haylie cocked her head to the side; she had felt a rush of energy and the familiar warmth that signified embarrassment, but she wasn't sure what Jake was apologizing for. "What can you do?"

wolflover685
08-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Blaire smiled and waved"okay, bye." Then she headed back into her room. She saw Beatrice unpacking. Not wanting to disturb her Blaire put her bag on the bed and started to unpack her things as well. She got out her phone and ipod, and threw them onto her bed. Then she started to unpack everything else.

When she was done she flopped onto the bed and slipped on her earphones. She checked her phone which had no texts, then she picked up her sketch book. She flipped through it until she got to the page with the unfinished tree on it. Then she looked out the window and started to draw again.

Damonique
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Keaton waited a few moments in the doorway until he decided he was looking creepy and headed back to his room, dodging peoples footsteps carefully since he was barefoot. Keaton had shoes, but hated them, and so far noone had had a problem with it.

Room 117 was at the end of the hall, smaller than most of the other rooms and with only one bed, desk, mirror, and so on. Keaton tossed himself back into the desk chair, leaving the door open since he couldn't hear the intercom very well from his room if it went off, and turned the chair to face the door so he could look down the hallway and see the others walking through, trying to get used to so many new people in the formerly-empty wing.

Shani
08-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Beatrice heard them say there goodbyes, and started to think of where to put her things. Once Beatrice was finished unpacking and everything was to her liking, she sat on her bed looking at a picture of her and her sister. Her mind started to drift. 'I could have killed you...I almost did kill you...and now you're stuck in a wheel chair....I should have been more careful...' As the thought's went threw her head, she became upset and without realizing it her bag caught fire.

wolflover685
08-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Finally Blaire thought of a design for her picture. For each person in her dorm area that she had met thus far she would add the power to the tree, and each person that she met in the future as well. She added a flame on one of the branches, then she added George Washington saying something, lastly she drew some blood dripping down from a bottom branch into a puddle.

Since Blaire finished her sketch temporarily, she decided to take a break. Before she looked up she could have sworn she smelled smoke. And then she saw Beatrice's bag on fire. "Beatrice your bag's on fire!" She yellled.

Shani
08-08-2011, 04:45 AM
As soon as she heard Blaire scream, she looked up and saw the fire. "Oh No not again!!" She yelled. Then knowing it would get worse if she got stressed, she calmed herself standing up and then took the fire away back into her. "I'm soo sorry I haven't learned to control it fully yet. It comes with powerful emotions. Again I'm really sorry for scaring you." She stated sitting back down looking at her then to her lap, ashamed and embaressed slightly.

stevezilla
08-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Desmond puffed into a mass of mist and went out under the doorway heading into the hall, he took a look around the wing seeing that a few people were still out. Anyone standing outside in the hall would've mist likely seen a mass of mist moving around the wing before slipping into a room through the keyhole. Desmond formed again in his room and started unpacking his stuff before laying down on the bed.

Neodraconis
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
His roommate took his hand and asked what he could do. "Well, I can control gravity. Or at least that is what I am trying to do. I apologized because I accidentally made our table lift from the ground." Then Jake added. "But don´t worry it is down on the ground again." Jake wondered how the school year would be, hopefully great. Jakes thoughts drifted away without noticing that he still holded Haylie´s hand. Embarassed again, he let go of her hand and then he tried to come up with something to say, but failed.

CoffeeLorencia
08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Rialto's inventory check revealed a complete set of everything she'd probably need. If there was something missing, her paranoid mother had probably stowed it somewhere in her luggage. For that, she was thankful. At least she knew that she could rely on the school for most of her basic needs.

She sighed, nearly collapsing onto the bed to catch a nap when a thought flew in. If today was the first official day of the term, shouldn't there be some sort of entrance or opening ceremony? It would make a lot of sense if there was. She'd forgotten to ask about it earlier, and the principal probably had a lot of things on plate, so it might have slipped his mind.

The idea that she wasn't aware if there was going to be any sort of event itched at her and eventually she pulled on the cream sweater over her top to look more decent to other people. Opening the door, she thought that the receptionist might know, but as she looked, she saw that it was empty. A bathroom break, maybe?

She was about to go back in when she spotted another person standing in the hallway, just a few steps away. He might know. Then again, he might not. It probably wouldn't be a waste to try. Approaching him to get enough of his attention, she spoke quickly and to the point. The act of introducing herself really didn't enter her trail of though.

"Hello. Is there going to be any sort of assembly later?"

wolflover685
08-08-2011, 03:16 PM
When Beatrice sat down Blaire thought she looked embarrassed. So she tried to cheer her up by saying"don't worry about it, I can't control my powers too well either.But that's why we're here, to learn how to contol our powers, right? Plus it'll never be boring around here if you start a fire now and then." When she stopped talking she smiled. She really did think that it would be fun to have a fire start sometimes, maybe later on she could even ask Beatrice to start one during class one day. That would be entertaining and it would probably get them out of class, if they didn't get in trouble.

Shani
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Beatrice looked up listening to Blaire. "Yes that is what we are hear for." She smiled at it not being boring if she started a fire. "I'm just glad you noticed it, if not we might not have a room, I can't always put them back out." She stated, then reached for her bag to dust it off. "I just tend to feel so destructive, no matter what I do. I can set a house ablaze like that." Snapping her fingers when she said it. Beatrice put her bag down and layed on her bed, looking at the ceiling.

Koti~
08-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Stretching, Jask looked around his room. It was a simple one, a wooden desk, a wheel chair, and a window with a view of the center area. It was simple, with a few trees placed here and there. It looked nice and relaxing, a great place to hide in a branch upwards. His thoughts were disrupted a bit as his stomach growled a bit. He sighed internally, knowing he would have to get something to eat soon.

“I hate this power at times” Jask said, rooting through his bag. Sighing again, he learned that his stash was completely out, and would have to go grab something to eat. Halfway annoyed at this, and wanting to try and see who was all in here, he headed out. He headed out, closing his door again and headed out. He saw people outside

“Hey, does anyone here know where the cafeteria is, or a place I can get something to eat?” Jask asked out loud to no one in particular

PaganiVillicus
08-09-2011, 12:07 AM
She felt that hot rush of embarrassment again – it seemed to be a common emotion here- and she couldn't help but blush again. It was so strange, being around all of these people with there different sorts of emotions. She hadn't gone out much back home, except to the library, which was a five minute walk from her house, and the only people she had regular contact with were Matthew and Jacob.

Their presences were familiar to her, comforting even- like a warm blanket after a long winter day- and she had been so accustomed to their emotions, it was almost as though they weren't there. Here, however, it was all new and foreign, and she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed slightly.

Jake had a nice presence, Haylie thought, he reminded her of the orchards back home, calming and peaceful, and she was glad that she'd been roomed with him and not one of the other many turbulent souls within the school.

“ So, what does our room look like?” She finally asked, curious as to what her new home looked like and contained.

-/-/-/-/-/-

Oliver Curtis was bored.

He had been here for only an hour, and already, he hated it.

The bus ride had sucked, the students he'd met were whiny little goody-two shoes and he had just found out that he'd being sharing a room.

I hate this place.

Of course, he'd never say that out loud. It wasn't becoming of someone of his stature to act like an uncivilized brat who threw a temper tantrum whenever something didn't go his way; no, he'd have to muddle through his years here, if only for the fact that if he got thrown out of here too, he was certain his father would finally disown him.

So he'd have to be discreet, even more so than before. If he couldn't get steady business, he'd give up, not stick his neck out on the line like last time, when he'd gotten caught because he hadn't been able to afford to be picky about his customers.

He'd have to be now.

If I can't run the standard business, maybe I should start up a poker game or something. Milk these suckers for all their worth. At this thought, Oliver smirked. It was a brilliant idea. Gambling charges were less severe than drug charges, and it was something he could easily convince the principal not to tell his parents about, just in case he was caught.

Feeling slightly lighter now, Oliver stood up from where he'd been sitting in the courtyard and, taking his suitcase with him, strode off toward the entrance to the school, intent on finding his dorm and-

Roommate. Right. He'd better not be a sniveling little snitch. I'll kick his ass if he rats me out.

He stepped into the hallway and his nose wrinkled in distaste, his happier mood dissipating immediately. The people here, his new classmates just reeked of low social class. How ever was he going to be able introduce such a concept as gambling amongst these misfits? They probably had no money at all.

Certainly no class. One of them had the audacity to sit in the doorway of his dorm room, gawking at the passerby.

How uncivilized.

Oliver stopped in the middle of the hallway, on the pretense of fixing his shoe; he glanced up surreptitiously, taking in those he'd be living near for the school year.

What a sorry group.

He stood up and checked the dorm key he'd received earlier. To his horror, his room number was 117, the room that had the gawking boy. He scowled at the boy for good measure, and then turned around, hoping to find someone else to converse with.

stevezilla
08-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Desmond went to look around the wing for a while when be bumped into someone who was fxing his shoe. "Sorry," he said to them, seeing that they didn't seem to happy.
"What room are you in?" he asked, trying to sound as friendly as he could. I hope this person won't try attacking me. He thought, he had previously had some bad experiences with people that were rather unhappy, and this one didn't seem any happier than those before them.

PaganiVillicus
08-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Suddenly Oliver tumbled over and landed, quite humiliatingly, on his butt. He scowled, glaring up at the pipsqueak that had dared knock into him.

"Sorry. What room are you in?"

Oliver sighed internally and then stood up, extending to his full height, which, depressingly, wasn't much taller than the kid in front of him. Damn it. "117." He answered curtly, his lip curling in displeasure at the mere reminder of the fact that he had a roommate. " Yourself?"

He had to admit, he was slightly... interested in the other students, if only for the fact that they all had some sort of ability, abilities that he could come in handy if he played his cards right.

He might as well start with this kid.

stevezilla
08-10-2011, 07:39 AM
"I'm in room 116, next door to you it seems," he said, relieved that they didn't throw a punch or something like that.
"And my ability is sort of turning to mist, like this," he said and he disappeared into a cloud of mist, then reformed again.
"What's your ability?" he asked curiously.

CoffeeLorencia
08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
"Hm... an assembly? Probably. I'm not really sure, though, since I just got here, too. My name's Anurak, by the way. What's yours?"

Her conversation partner's answer was less than helpful, but seeing as she didn't want to be rude, she answered her name, with a question of her own.

" It's Ria. What's your power?"

Anurak paused for a moment, as if contemplating how to best phrase it. He finally spoke with a less than normal answer. "I guess... You could say that I can read the past thoughts of dead people." And then, he asked; "What about you?"

The answer was one that she didn't expect, but considering the stories she'd heard from her teacher, she probably shouldn't be surprised.

"Metal manipulation. Guess that's it." Her answer was once again brief. She didn't know how to continue the conversation but she definitely knew that it had somehow fallen flat.

"Oh, I guess that would explain how you did that." Anurak's focus switched from her to the bracelets she wore, and gave a slight nod of the head to tell him yes.

"Well, I'll let you get back to asking around about the assembly. See you around sometime, alright?"

She gave up with the conversation that was going nowhere. And judging from what Anurak was saying, he felt it too. Rialto didn't mind - it was getting awkward anyway.

"Thanks then. Bye."

Anurak made a few steps back to his room, but Ria's attention was fixed elsewhere. Rather, it was on the duo in the middle of the hallway. She remembered one from her visit to the Principal's office, but the other one was a stranger to her. As he landed on his butt, she stifled a smile, but for the most part she just remained silent. She wanted to find an excuse to stay in the hallway, but finding none, she went to the receptionist. While she had asked Anurak, the receptionist had come back from her short break and was now fiddling with her computer.

"Excuse me, but do you have a schedule of the activities for today?"

PaganiVillicus
08-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Oliver lifted a skeptical eyebrow. I wonder if he has an altered chemical makeup to make that possible. He had never attempted to alter his own composition, though he knew it to be possible. He'd always been hesitant to try it, due to the fact that he didn't know if it would cause him pain to do so.

At Desmond's question, he smirked. "Do you happen to have a piece of paper or something, pipsqueak?"

Mr. Scarlet
08-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Vicis was having trouble choosing a room. For absolutely no reason at all, the trivial choice of picking a room number was out of his ability. He accidentaly opened a door that was occupied earlier, and now, the action of reaching for a doorknob was leaving an awkward feeling in him, as he expected it to happen again. After turning his head to the left and right while trying to choose between room 118 and 119 for about ten minutes, he worked up the courage to open door 119.

Grabbing the handle and pushing the door open, half expecting to have a woman in a bath towel behind it, he slammed it shut again, and waited for a reaction.
Nothing.
Alright then. Safe this time.
Reaching for the door a second time, Vicis casually walks through with his luggage, consisting of a dark green duffel bag and a black hard shell guitar case. He tosses the green bag onto the bed and takes the time to carefully rest the guitar against the headboard of the four poster.

Taking a turn to get a feel for the room, Vicis begins to take inventory of what was inside. Only the neccessities apparently, the bed was most likely the most interesting part of the room. Other than what he brought, the room only consisted of the bed, a dresser, a window in the center of the far wall, and a door to the bathroom. Of course, there were duplicates of the furniture for a second person, which, apparently, had not been accupied as of yet, judging by the lack of a reaction from the room when he entered.

Growing bored, Vicis fumbles through his duffel bag to retrieve a small marble.
While rolling it around in the palm of his hand, he falls backwards onto the bed, to find a blank white cieling fill his view.
You know what would be really nice right there? A nice big poster.

Mr. Rope
08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Anurak turned back to the door to his room, only to find it open, with Richard leaning against the doorway.
"Hey, Richard, what are you-"

He was interrupted by the student raising a silencing index finger to his mouth. As Anurak approached, Richard spoke to him quietly.
"I don't like the looks of that kid. New money, looks like. If you share any classes with him, keep an eye out."

Anurak followed Richard's gaze, seeing two other students talking in the hall. He assumed that Richard was talking about the taller one, as he was clearly better dressed.
"What's wrong with new money? Sure, sometimes they don't make the best company, but still..."

Richard sighed, his eyes closing behind his glasses. "You've never been in the big leagues. A lot of the time, new money's kids think they can do whatever they want, and any consequences will get payed for by mommy and daddy's wallet. One of the reasons I agreed to come to this school was to get away from brats like that."

Shaking his head, Anurak headed into their room, climbing back up onto the top bunk. "You're looking into it too much, but alright. I'll let you know if anything strange happens."

Mr. Scarlet
08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Growing fidgety, Vicis sits up, and decides to wander about to get a feel of the academy.
Taking a look at the entrance to the hallway, he decides that it would be an optimal time to work on his ability.
Taking a deep breath, Vicis begins to let his mind make the proper calculations subliminally, picturing himself in the outside hallway in his mind. As he blinks, the surroundings change, and the lights of the corridor flood his eyes, followed by the immenent nausea of the sudden change in location.
Collapsing the the ground and violently coughing, he tries to reorient himself as quickly as possible so that he can continue on his way. He couldn't get sick after a port forever, and he intended to get used to it sooner than later.

stevezilla
08-10-2011, 11:58 PM
"No, I don't have any paper just now, and please don't call me pipsqueak, my names Desmond," he said. Clearly they don't think much of me. He thought. "Does your ability have something to do with paper?" he asked curiously. Desmond then searched in his pockets quickly finding no paper.

PaganiVillicus
08-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Oliver rolled his eyes. " Well then, Desmond, no it doesn't." He stuck a hand in his jacket pocket; he grinned slightly when his fingers wrapped around a spare scrap of paper. A girls number, from earlier. he pulled his hand out and closed his eyes, the composition of paper running through his mind. He took a deep breath, and then extended his hand, palm up.

In it sat a small sapling, it's roots small and crumpled, as the paper had been.

"This, Desmond, is what I can do."

Neodraconis
08-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Jake then described with his lively describing voice that he had gotten from reading so much. he put so much detail in everything as he could, explaining what the room looked like. He hoped it would be enough. Jake then smiled warmly towards his roommate, because he now knew that she would feel it.

PaganiVillicus
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
The warmth of his presence filled her, and Haylie knew, almost instinctively, that he was smiling.

She smiled back - she supposed she could tell Matt and Jacob about this boy after all. She leaned back against the headboard; the bed had already been made, she could feel the familiar fabric sliding against her skin. Matt must have sent the linens ahead of time, so that she would have something familiar to her at the school.

Paladin nudged her hand once, and then began to pace the room, alternating from sniffing the floor and poking his nose into and under various drawers and surfaces.

"So... Do you have any family back where you came from?" She probably wouldn't have asked this, but even from just walking through the hall, she'd been able to sense the loneliness, the coldness that came from having no one to go home to, no one you could trust. It probably came with the territory, those kids with powers being outcasted, but it was new to her.

stevezilla
08-17-2011, 10:41 PM
"That's pretty cool," Desmond said. He had guessed that this person didn't care if he was hurt or not, and so decided to leave them to themselves. "Well, cya, I've got to goback to my room" he said to them. He then walked off towards his room. He got there and went in, trying to busy himself for a while. Let's hope they don't do anything stupid. He thought to himself.