PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Waters [OOC] [M]

Awean8
08-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Rated [M] for pirate related language, swashbuckling action-violence and possible romantic sexuality.

Rules
1. Adhere to the rules of RPA
2. Adhere to my rules as well
3. Posts need to consist of at least three paragraphs at the minimum.
4. Spelling and grammar are essential.
5. Please, I'd like for some consistent posting, although I am aware that we all have lives just tell us if you're going to leave for awhile.
6. Sorry, just humans for now.

--------

It is said that there once was a city that shined gold, and was home to the most advanced of civilizations known as the Drazii. They were an intelligent people who mastered the lost art of psionics and with that power they the flourished over the Azure Sea (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=691788&postcount=4). However, there came a day when the machines within that golden city produced excess pollution which was carelessly dumped into the sea.

The protectors of the ocean, the Adaro (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=687268&postcount=2), took offense and took up arms against the Drazii. At first it seemed as if the Drazii were to win and the war was entirely one sided, but with the help of the water elementals the tide quickly turned in the opposite's favor. Eventually, the Adaro sank their precious city and slaughtered all those who struggled to swim away.

Over a millenia later, the Azure Sea prospers under the rule of the Cruzada Monarchy. Unfortunately, the seeds of chaos have breed into the region recently for a new substance known as gunpowder has been introduced from lands in the Far East. Although the material is high in demand it is still enough to birth an entire generation of pirates, who use the thousands of scattered islands throughout the Azure Sea to hide from the law. These are the chaotic days of pirates....

-------------

Our characters will start out on Makri as simple islanders, most likely in their late teens who will encounter something which will throw them into a life of piracy and running away from the law. When creating you're character be sure to remember to think about what sort of relationship he/she will have with everyone else. Keep in mind that our characters have all grown up with each other. You can be a best friend, past lover, a rival, ect, ect....

------------

Name:
Deity: (They can be found here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18276).)
Skills: (No fighting related skills for now.)
Personality:
Bio:

-----------

Accepted

Jazeolet "Jazz" Allegretto (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=697011&postcount=9) - awean8

Molly Wright (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=698612&postcount=13) - Belle Chose

Alita Burn (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=699190&postcount=18) - Maria Loco

Patrick Stone (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=704748&postcount=27) - TwistedMyth

-----------

Bits of Lore

-Deities (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18276)

-Bestiary (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=690265#post690265)

-The World (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18266)

rabbit
08-07-2011, 06:00 AM
O.o Am I allowed to start on this, or...?

Awean8
08-07-2011, 06:08 AM
You can but I have other people interested so I'll just have to change my plot from being directed towards a party of four to a party of five.

Glad to have you here, Katie. :)

rabbit
08-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Eh? o.O I thought this was a part of...? -Motions to the Devil's Wake world, looking confused.-

Awean8
08-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Well, it's part of the same universe but it has a completely different story line in an entirely different country. The cast from TDW don't have to join this if they don't want to.

Think about it like Spiderman and Iron Man. They both have their own unique stories but they still run around in the same canon universe.

rabbit
08-07-2011, 06:16 AM
I understand that. -Pokes at the ground shyly.- I don't want you to have to change stuff around on account of me, though...

Awean8
08-07-2011, 06:20 AM
It's all cool. I don't really have to change much. XD

Get a character up yo, so I can get my character up!

rabbit
08-07-2011, 06:28 AM
D: You first! I hate to be the first to have characters up... Anyways, I still need to work on her. XD And it's late. And I have work in the morning.

Crap.

I'll have her up tomorrow, hopefully!

Awean8
08-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Name: Jazeolet "Jazz" Allegretto

Appearance: He has very tan skinned with several tattoos that he got when he was younger from before he was adopted although he doesn't remember where he got them. They consist of small marks on his face that depict various religious symbols. His black hair is usually a mess, in fact it's dreaded which makes it easy to manage which is a necessity with his sort of laziness.

Deity: Helios, and Orpheus

Skills: Lock Picking, Pick Pocketing.

Personality: In one word, daring. He's bold in almost every single situation that he encounters. However, he is generally a good humored fellow who isn't usually prone to getting angry at the little things.He's also a clever quick thinker, who can usually think up a suitable plan for when he does get in trouble right on the spot although it doesn't always go the way that he expects them to.

Despite, being actually rather intelligent he doesn't know how to read, or write which is also the case for a majority of the islanders of Makri for they have never been given the opportunity to learn.

Bio: His original family is a bit of a mystery for his foster family has always managed to keep a tight lip on the subject no matter how much Jazz used to prod them about it. Jazz has heard various rumors around the local tavern pertaining to his heritage. Some that say that he's the child of a terrifying pirate, while others say that he was smuggled in from the exotic countries from the east. The latter would explain his rather odd name.

Ever since he was young he's always been a bit of a troublemaker, and he always brought his friends along with him. However, the trouble he causes usually always pertains to his excessive sense of humor. Usually pranks. His foster family is traditional and strict but rather forgiving of his odd behavior.

Sickly
08-08-2011, 03:39 PM
subscribing to thread
look for my character later

Awean8
08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Maria......Idk I actually have other people interested but than again they haven't really shown interest yet so I guess it's cool.

First come, first serve right?

Imp
08-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll take a stab at it!

Expect a char profile either tonight or tomorrow.

rabbit
08-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Name: Molly Wright
Appearance: Freckles (http://i56.tinypic.com/2u5ry8x.jpg) on lightly tanned and fair skin, strawberry blond hair and sea-green eyes. She stands only 5'6" and weighs little more than 125 lbs and a swimmer's built with discrete muscle along her arms, legs and stomach.
Deity: Minerva & Orpheus
Skills: Her father, a captain of a fishing boat, taught her how to run a boat and she has become quite good at, as well as fond of, sailing. She's been a very strong swimmer ever since she was little and is a decent merchant, often helping her mother with their business when their father isn't home.
Personality: Molly is very loyal to her family and friends, is rarely seen without a smile and laugh and does her best to look on the bright side of things.
She has a little bit of a concealed personality, which only turns up on, or in, the sea - she's still her smiley, happy self, but is far more adventurous, assertive and seems to come alive. She's more prone to barking orders and not taking excuses, something her father's crewmen tease her for - but only once they're back on shore.
Bio: "Sink or swim, Molly! Either way, I'm right here!" Her father stood in waist-deep water (which was deep, as her father is a big man) off the scenic shore of their island. Boy, did she swim, her father couldn't even get her out of the water for lunch without her throwing a fit and let her stay, playing and swimming, until dusk.
"Tie the rigging off like this," she was already winding the thick, coarse rope around the iron, securing it. "You're my daughter all right," Marcus Wright laughed as his twelve year old daughter grinned up at him. "Daddy, can I have the boat some day?" He hesitated, then smiled at his daughter, stroking the hair that matched his own. "Maybe some day, when you're older," he told her.
Molly grew up in a warm, loving home, and is an only child. Her mother lost the ability to have children after her birth, but she's always told her daughter, "You are all I could ever wish for." Her father would be away for weeks at a time, as was the nature of his career, but her mother was strong and did great raising her daughter, who both understood. When her father was home, he and his daughter would spend as much time together as possible. He taught her how to read and write, which was essential for the captain of a boat, and often takes her around the island on the sailboat. Days of her own often consist of swimming or simply helping her mother and keeping herself occupied, often with her friends.

CALYPSO
08-08-2011, 07:48 PM
You know I'm in as well ^_^ I'll start working on a character sheet once my brain isn't fried XD

Awean8
08-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Yay! :D

Edit: Btw Katie, you're accepted.

rabbit
08-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Hurrah. >:3 You like her?

Awean8
08-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Of coarse! :D

Sickly
08-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Name: Alita Burn
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2009/246/5/c/To_the_beach_by_xlopp.jpg
Deity: Thanatos & Patronus
Skills: Alita has a good knowledge of rope handling learned from watch her brothers and her father.
Personality: Alita is a bit flirtatious and somewhat promiscuous. Most likely due to her withdrawal from the rest of society. She's a bit curious and will attempt to understand that which alludes even if its deadly (this has gotten her into a few scrapes with poisonous fish). Having no real social skills to speak of Alita comes off quite literal and doesn't quite understand metaphors and the such. She is very bold and very honest and will often speak her mind even when it isn't in her best interest to do so.
Bio: Alita was born into a poor and hardworking family. She had eight older brothers and a loving mother and father. When she was six tragedy struck and all eight of her brothers died in a series of deadly storms off the coast of her island. Despite normally being expected to work in positions similar to that of her late brothers, Alita's parent became distraught of losing their last child and instead worked themselves to death to provide for her every need and keep her safe at home. As a result Alita was often pampered beyond her family's means of support. Throwing them deep into debt. Eventually they sold themselves into temporary legal slavery to pay for their debts and Alita's livelihood. Alita has been living alone ever since. Despite her pampering Alita had always a proper sense of survival. She uses the money her parents send home to keep herself amused.

Awean8
08-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Accepted. I assume she doesn't read since it doesn't say anything about it. I don't really want a whole lot of characters to have that ability.

rabbit
08-09-2011, 08:49 AM
I only had Molly able to read because of her father being a captain and such, and teaching her.

Sickly
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
nah she's a poor pampered girl kept away from the world for a while
...she may pretend she can read....

Awean8
08-13-2011, 12:31 AM
so I assume we need new people to join this. :/

rabbit
08-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Who else said they were interested? D: DO I NEED TO BREAK OUT MY SHARP STICK TO POKE PEOPLE WITH?!

Awean8
08-13-2011, 02:25 AM
No, they haven't checked back in so I'm assuming they're not interested anymore. It be cool if we had more one guy to make the genders equal.

Sickly
08-14-2011, 02:32 AM
we should poke more peoples

Awean8
08-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Well, I planned on starting it now with just the three of us. I planned for this rp to be targeted for a party of only four anyway.

I'll be typing up the IC soon.

V
08-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Name: Patrick Stone

Appearance:http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs24/i/2008/029/2/3/Art_trade_with_Gold_Seven_by_VyrL.jpg
Without the looking confident .... and the sword XD

Deity: Orpheus

Skills: Can cook to some capacity but not overly great at it. Developed pretty good cleaning skills.

Personality: Completely lacking in any confidence for himself he likes to keep to himself - usually acts quite nervous to anyone that approaches regardless of who they are.

He is very cowardly and tries to avoid any situation that would get him hurt. He follows orders well to try to avoid conflict.

He is rather nice but can be quite grim. Especially in his thoughts to himself. He likes to think things through and likes numbers somewhat.

Bio:
No one really ever told him what happened to his family, he hadn't ever had the will to ask, but for all the life he could remember he'd been living with his Uncle - the owner of the local tavern. His uncle has never been to happy about taking him in and only speaks about it out of view from anyone else in the village.

He spends most of his days cleaning up the spills in the tavern often under the drunken abuse of the patrons - or helping to prepare meals, but he only usually does the most simple of tasks.

Awean8
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Looks good. I guess that will be the cast until further notice. I'll type up an IC post sometime over the week. School is starting soon, so I'll be dealing with that and I'm at a loss for a beginning.

Awean8
08-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Here it is guys, the IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=706267#post706267)

V
08-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Cool cool :D

Think I'm gonna make it so that Jazz bullied Pat into coming if that's alright? Or have it so he thought he was bullied into coming at least

Awean8
08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, that would be excellent. XD He isn't really the bully type so the latter works.

Stryker
08-17-2011, 12:32 AM
So I herd u had openin'?

Sickly
08-17-2011, 01:29 AM
should i name my character "Blues"
to get a musical theme going

Awean8
08-17-2011, 02:31 AM
No, but we should definitely imagine some blues going on in the background. XD

Sorry, Stryker I kind of only want a party of four until we get off the island. After that you can feel free to join.

Stryker
08-17-2011, 03:32 AM
So I herd rahng?

I'll be waiting for you on the island....

Awean8
08-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Who'd you hear it from? XD

Well, hopefully the intro won't take that long.

Stryker
08-17-2011, 03:44 AM
I heard it from the little birdy perched on your shoulder.

No need to rush on account of me, take your time and make sure things are good. I doubt that I'll be jumping into anything that'll draw my attention from here. But in the meantime, I'll be on Yahoo.

V
08-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Stone well it is close enough to Rock, right XD

Anyway posted, took forever so it might be bleck :/

Awean8
08-17-2011, 03:43 PM
It's all good. I have perfect comment for Jazz to say to him. I think I am going to be make him slightly a bully after all.

V
08-18-2011, 06:59 AM
XD Yaaaaaay!

-Pokes Maria into posting-

Awean8
08-18-2011, 07:17 AM
It might actually take us a few rounds to get off the island, but hopefully since we only have four people it will go at a relatively quick pace. We'll basically wind up falling into "the hole", and that's where we'll gain our powers.

Sickly
08-18-2011, 06:47 PM
i'll try to post tonight
my computer's internet is not trustworthy

@awean
we get powers?

Awean8
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah. Psionic powers. Did I not write that somewhere? This isn't going to average everyday pirate rp.

Sickly
08-18-2011, 06:56 PM
kewl

rabbit
08-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I just died laughing. Alita has tunnel vision when it comes to Jazz, apparently. XD

Sickly
08-22-2011, 05:19 AM
she has a crush on him and nothing gets between a little girl and her crush

rabbit
08-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Aaaand, Jazz didn't register being tackled?

Awean8
08-23-2011, 03:21 AM
He got tackled? He was asleep lying down on his back though?

Sickly
08-23-2011, 03:47 AM
tackling someone in any position is still tackling

rabbit
08-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Alita tackled Jazz. Lol.

V
08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Someone else wanna post before me...?

Kinda completely OOC for Pat to go "Sure I'll jump down there first!" *whoosh*

Awean8
08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Lol yeah, we're kind of discussing the tackling thing. Okay, someone post and I'll fix the tackle thing when I get back from school.

We're actually all supposed to fall in XD so if you'd like to do that you can. It'll be almost pitch dark inside so you wouldn't have to invent too much on the insides unless you wanted to.

rabbit
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Molly will probably be all, "Why don't you go, o'fearless leader?" At Jazz and then nudge him or something

Sickly
08-23-2011, 08:03 PM
alita will jump in first

Awean8
08-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Go for it. The ground at the bottom will be stone ruin type stuff with dim blue lighting

Awean8
08-27-2011, 04:39 PM
HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

V
08-27-2011, 10:20 PM
blhg;hdlh;va ...

Pat will just stumble down then.

Awean8
08-27-2011, 10:23 PM
All clumsy like. XD

V
08-28-2011, 10:13 AM