PDA

View Full Version : Let The Music Swallow Me Whole (Levias & Totenglaut) [PG-16]

Levias
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Levias stood on the roof of his apartment complex, looking at the city below him. Any stars above him glittered behind his dark figure. The many lights of cars and sounds of the urban world made their way to his eyes and ears. The smell of carbon emissions went full force on his nose. He grimaced. It was a Semi-truck that just passed by on the road below. I hate the smell of pollution... He thought, before turning around and walking down the stairs to the inside of the old building.

As he walked down to the lobby, he passed many other people living on a low income. He nodded in acknowledgement to a few. He stopped at the lobby area, and walked to the receptionist. It was an older, kind, man. He looked fragile to anyone passing by. His eyes held a will of fire. "Levias, another concert tonight?" He asked in his wheezy voice. Levias nodded, his emotionless mask cracking a bit as he allowed a small smile to grace his features.

"Good luck..." The man said as Levias turned and walked out teh front door, and into the now lightly drizzling rain. He looked up into the dark clouds, and down to his watch. 6:45 It read. He began walking towards the same city area that he was just looking down at.

The treck to the club took slightly over fifteen minutes. He walked in, not soaked, but still substantially wet. His band-mates (And friends) looked up and all greeted him in their own common fashions. "Anyone know if She's coming tonight?" Levias asked. They already knew who he was talking about, adn shrugged. "I don't know man..." The one named Kiyo said, whilst tuning his Bass. The drummer was beating on his thigh with his drumsticks. His name is Runox. And the Rhythem Guitarist was playing some random chords. His name is Grey.

Levias nodded. They had thirty minutes befor the show. Normally she would come unless she had a gig too. So, he began to wait for her, leaning against the back of the club, looking up into the rain

Totenglaut
01-02-2010, 08:32 PM
She slipped a butterfly clip into her short hair and blew a kiss at the mirror. She was pretty. Her short bob of violet hair and her matching eyes tended to enthrall.

She burst through the door of her house and waved to her parents before unlocking her car. "Bye, Karrie!" He dad called. Karrolyn waved back. "I told you not to call me that!" She added. Karrolyn liked her full name it had a lovely ring to it and not many expected it to be spelled with a K.

She didn't have a gig tonight but Levias did. She loved to go and see him preform. She blushed a little. He didn't know about her montorous crush and she wasn't going to let him.

Karrolyn pulled up to the place where his band would be preforming. It had started raining on the drive here. Karrolyn giggled as she sprinted for the door. She still got soaked. That's when she caught sight of Levias. She smiled and hugged him from behind. "At least I'm not the only one who got wet. Hey guys!" She added to the rest of the band.

Levias
01-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Levias closed his eyes a moment before he was tackled from behind. From teh height of the Attacker, he already knew who it was. He turned and hugged her back, His head over hers by a few inches. "Is it just me, or are you getting shorter?" He teased into her ear.

He let go, and Kiyo smiled to Karrolyn. "Hi Karrylon. How's it going?" He asked. He was the nicest of all of them, though the other two were also nicer to everyone than Levias. Grey nodded, and waved, still playing some chords. Runox also smirked and said "Levias might be right, I think she's shrinking..." Prodding further. He looked to the clock once he heard the Headliner. RUnox nodded to Levias, saying "Fifteen minutes, you guys ready?"

Levias nodded, picking his guitar up and pulling the strap over his head. He cleared his throat slightly, and shook his neck. His unnaturally red eyes turned to Karrolyn. "So why did your Dad invite me over again tonight?" He asked in curiosity.

Totenglaut
01-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Karrolyn smiled at the band. They had crushes on her. Well some of them. But Karrolyn was used to it she was apparently a lovable person. She stuck her tongue out at Runox and Levias collectively. "I am not shrinking" Though comparatively she was tiny. At five feet Karrolyn was used to stretching and craning.

Karrolyn smiled at Levias's question. "He put it this way. If you guys kick butt tonight he'll feed you, Levias" It was a private joke. Karrolyn knew that Levias would be at top form. He always was. She winked. "Break a leg"

Levias
01-03-2010, 03:21 AM
Levias smiled "I see how it is..." he said, before he earned a groan from Runox. He was the one who did not crush on her. Levias chuckled, and pulled his guitar up the Headliner's were exiting the stage. "Alright guys...It's time..." Levias said in his leader-like voice.

They stepped onto the stage, taking their respective positions. Runox at his drumset behind everybody, Grey was to Levias' right, and Kiyo was to his left. The lights dimmed down, until Levias was barely visible. He smirked in teh darkness, then began to play a riff, and Runox pounded his 7-piece drumset.

Let's go!

The lights flashed higher, and his face was filled with expression as he sung the beginning verse to 'Tears don't fall'. His mouth opened wide as he yelled the openning.

With blood shot eyes I watch you sleeping
The warmth I feel beside me is slowly fading
Would she hear me if I called her name?
Would she hold me if she knew my shame?

He sang with his own emotion, micing the song into not just a tribute, but a whole new song entirely. He sang the rest of it flawlessly, but missed one note on teh guitar, due to being distracted by his hair in his eye.

"Our next song isn't a Mosh song, but it's damned good! Enjoy!" Levias yelled to the large crowd that had fit into the larger club building.

You my friend
You're a lot like them
But I caught your lie
And you know I did
Now I'm lost in you
Like I always do
And I'd die to win
'Cause I'm born to lose

He sung, slowly strumming his strings when necessary. When the chorus came, he let Grey take the Guitar chords on. He held onto his microphone and sang into it, closing his eyes passionatley. He pulled his guitar up again, and they continued to play. The last song was coming up, and 'Firefly' ended. "Time for my favorite band...Three Days Grace!" He yelled into the microphone, causing a loud cheer and roar from the mostly punk and gothic crowd below him.

Grey did this song's guitar. Kiyo started playing his bass, and then it met with Grey's chords and strums.

I can't escape this hell
So many times I've tried
But I'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

He sang, and looked like Adam Gontier slightly with the way his mouth moved. Too soon, the song ended, and the band bowed, moving backstage, Where Levias met Karrolyn's waiting hug. He hugged her back, considerring this happened after every performance. "So, when is dinner?" He asked teasingly

Totenglaut
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Karrolyn watched from the audience. She didn't hear anything wrong. But she didn't know any of the songs. She herself was more an alternative kinda gal. Three Days Grace was the only band she'd heard of. If not the song.

She let the music float her. She loved music of all types such freedom of expression. And all too soon it was over. Oh, well. She slipped backstage waiting to give him her customary hug. "So, when is dinner?"

Karrolyn laughed. "Just as soon as Dad calls me"

Levias
01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Levias nodded, and chuckled. Runox, Grey, and Kiyo (Mainly Grey and Kiyo) walked closer and chuckled also. Grey sighed, looking at a cell phone that he retrieved from his front pocket of his baggy jeans. "I gotta go guys..." He said, giving each of them a handshake and a pat on teh back. Levias nodded, and shook his hand. "See ya..." He said, before leading Karrolyn and the other two back to the lounging area for the bands. "So, Kiyo, How's our next song comin'?" Levias asked, and Runox chuckled. Kiyo blushed and looked away.

"Uh...I haven't actually gotten past the first chorus..." He siad in a timid tone. Levias smirked and Runox chuckled again. Then, a door opened, and Runox's girlfriend (Also one of Karrolyn's friends) rushed in. Her name is Sandy. He laughed a happy laugh, adn hugged her back as she tackled him full force, but barely moved him. "See ya Runox, Kiyo..." Levias said, because Kiyo was riding with Runox today. They left, adn Levias turned to Karrolyn, and asked "So how's your band doing?"