PDA

View Full Version : Diaries (Zombie Apocalypse) OOC [M]

Judge Sewall
08-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Rating: Mature. This RP will likely deal with graphic details and sexuality.

This will be the OOC thread for the Diaries (Zombie Apocalypse) RP. Given the nature of characters telling their stories only through diary/journal entries, the IC will always be open to new characters. Here are the rules if you wish to join:

If you are interested in joining, you have to completely tell your character's story only through diary entries. That's right, diary (or journal) entries. Each one of your posts will be an entry from your character about their experiences over the last hour/day/week/month. There are a couple of advantages to doing a roleplay in this style.

1. If someone loses interest or does not post for a while, readers can simply assume that character has died.
2. While we will all be posting in the same thread, there is no necessary engagement with other roleplayers! We will simply be sharing a common experience of the zombie apocalypse as told by our each individual characters.
3. No character sheets required. Each person is only allowed the space of a diary entry to explain their character. It will be just as if someone found the diary randomly and picked it up and started reading.

If you do decide that this sounds interesting, there are a couple of guidelines I would like to be followed.

A. While there is no requirement to interact with other characters, if you do want to mention a character (i.e., "I saw a small boy running into a grocery store around midnight"), you have to PM them or talk to them here in the OOC thread to make sure it's ok. I am certainly not against characters interacting or even traveling with each other, but I feel that it's necessary to message the individual so that they are on board.

B. Each entry should be given a date. This allows for continuity with each of our characters and allows the reader to determine how long it has been since the character made a post.

C. You can only roleplay one character, unless that one dies. This allows readers to see the name of the person posting (i.e., Judge Sewall), and instantly know which diary entry they are going to read.

D. Finally, each posting should be signed in some way by the character. This is another way to keep the characters straight, and fits in well with the diary theme.

Other information:

Post Length: The length can vary from character to character and from day to day. If someone is on the run and is just glad to get some sleep, it is perfectly acceptable to simply type "No time for an entry tonight, have to get some sleep for tomorrow."

----------------------------------------------------------

Before I get the IC thread started, I wanted to hear your thoughts on the time period when this takes place. I was going to try to keep it modern, maybe around the year 2015. Also, we need to agree on what kind of zombies we want our characters to be dealing with here. Do we want fast zombies or slow zombies? Does anyone have a preference?

SandQueen
08-08-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm somewhat interested but I'd like to know more. Do we need to submit a character sheet? Where will the campaign take place? Is there going to be any sort of narrative?

Judge Sewall
08-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Great questions! I posted this in the interest check forum and you can look over there (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18552) for some of our conversations and to see who else is interested in joining.

Character sheets?
-No character sheets are required. In fact, I would prefer it that way. My hope is that the entire experience of your character is played out in a diary/journal just as if someone picked it up randomly and started reading from the beginning.

Location for the campaign?
-The locations of the characters can vary anywhere around the world; in fact, none of the characters need to even be on the same continent.

Narrative?
-None, with the exception of the opening journal entry in the IC. I plan on using my character's opening entry as a kind of background for what has taken place in the world. Besides that, the story is fairly individualized and really does not even need to take place at the same time. For example, my character's diary may begin in May of 2015, but yours could not even start until 2017, which would likely mean our characters would never meet.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Heson Shadowbane
08-08-2011, 03:15 AM
This has actually perked the interest of one of my characters from a zombie forum I used to post at. Especially with the diary entries concept it's something I could get used to.

Judge Sewall
08-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Great! Before I start the IC thread, does anyone have any thoughts on the time period? What about slow vs. fast moving zombies? I wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page before we started making IC posts.

Pixel
08-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Great questions! I posted this in the interest check forum and you can look over there (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18552) for some of our conversations and to see who else is interested in joining.

Character sheets?
-No character sheets are required. In fact, I would prefer it that way. My hope is that the entire experience of your character is played out in a diary/journal just as if someone picked it up randomly and started reading from the beginning.

Location for the campaign?
-The locations of the characters can vary anywhere around the world; in fact, none of the characters need to even be on the same continent.

Narrative?
-None, with the exception of the opening journal entry in the IC. I plan on using my character's opening entry as a kind of background for what has taken place in the world. Besides that, the story is fairly individualized and really does not even need to take place at the same time. For example, my character's diary may begin in May of 2015, but yours could not even start until 2017, which would likely mean our characters would never meet.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

This all sounds great. I have no complaints here.

As for time period, I don't really mind. It's easiest just to have a modern-based one, as it's the culture that we know and grew up in. As for slow or fast zombies, maybe there could be a mix or the two (fast being more rare and more dangerous).

Judge Sewall
08-08-2011, 06:10 AM
This all sounds great. I have no complaints here.

As for time period, I don't really mind. It's easiest just to have a modern-based one, as it's the culture that we know and grew up in. As for slow or fast zombies, maybe there could be a mix or the two (fast being more rare and more dangerous).

That sounds great to me, I think we'll go with that. I'll try to have the IC up soon so we can get started.

By the way, I'm going to keep this RP open at all times since interaction between characters will be limited. I think this will be a good one for people to just jump into if they want.

Judge Sewall
08-08-2011, 06:35 AM
The IC thread is up, it can be found here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=697924#post697924). Let's get to posting!

Pixel
08-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry my post took so long, I forgot to subscribe to this thread. ;king16;

Judge Sewall
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Awesome posts so far! I think the characters will be very interesting to read about. Kudos to deathvessel for taking the journal/diary aspect to a different level and cataloging supplies/people as opposed to strictly telling a story right off the bat.

GlassSnake
08-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Considering joining in. Has a special love for zombies, and haven't ever thought of RPing a situation this way. Very imaginative.
I think I'll even stick to here at home, in Canada. Mwaha! I rather liked the methods in World War Z, and the zombies freezing and slowing down until spring time. SUPER creepy and realistic. Gotta love science.

Judge Sewall
08-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Sounds cool! Glad to have you join.