PDA

View Full Version : Diaries (Zombie Apocalypse) [M, Always Open]

Judge Sewall
08-08-2011, 06:35 AM
This thread is always open for new characters. If you are interested, make sure to go here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=697919&posted=1#post697919) for the rules about posting.

-------------

-May 12th, 2015-

Dear Diary,

I know it has been nearly a month since I have written anything but a lot has happened. While most of my writings have been prayers and what Jesus has done in my life, this one will be less exciting. On April 9th, 2015, my family and I started to hear news reports of dead people rising from the graves. While at first we were very excited because we thought the rapture had occurred, this type of rising was different than what we thought. Dead people were coming to life and trying to eat those of us who were alive. I remember scientists and 'experts' coming on the t.v. talking about how all of their thinking ability was gone and they only had one desire, to feed. It also turned out that they had some kind of disease in them where if they bit a human being, the person would eventually turn into one of these zombies themselves.

I know I normally do not write so much, but I have had a lot on my mind and I am starting to realize that if someone finds this diary, it will be the only record of my life and my thoughts/feelings. This will be the first post of my 'new' diary, one that tells of everything that is happening in my life. I will also make sure to include any prayers that have been answered or any scripture that I have read lately. Jesus is still a big part in my life, but He feels more distant lately.

So, who am I? I want the person who is reading this to know who I was (if anyone ever does read it). My name is Alexia Gilbert. I am...was a junior in high school in a small town in Georgia. My parents are Bill and Vicki. My father was a southern Baptist preacher and my mother was a school teacher.

In school, I played volleyball and was a part of the yearbook committee. I enjoy writing (I wanted to major in English in college) and going to church.

Before I go on any further, I am struggling with how to phrase certain things now. Do I say that I 'used' to play volleyball for my high school since the world is over? Or do I continue to say that I currently 'do' play volleyball? I am unsure how to resolve this and I hope to work on this more in the future.

Anyways, what else is important to know? I have...had a brother named Jordan. He was away in college when the zombies started to arrive, and we have not spoken to him in many weeks. We are finding it difficult to talk about Jordan lately, as it is possible he may not be alive...

*tear drops can be seen on the paper*

It is difficult for me to write any more at the moment, but I will try to write more soon. I think this will help me express my feelings on paper, as my parents have become more difficult to talk to recently.

My prayer for today:
-O God, be with my brother Jordan if he is still alive. If he is not, I praise Your name for allowing him the grace of your son Jesus and the forgiveness of his sins.

Prayer answered:
-While dad was out getting food supplies, my mom and I prayed for a safe return and Jesus answered our prayer. We are truly blessed.

Eternally His,
-Alexia Gilbert

Mat
08-10-2011, 04:13 AM
April 29th, 2015
*Underneath the date are the words 'Dear Diary', but they are crossed out.*

I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, but I think I should start writing in a journal from now on. This way people can understand what it was like to live through this, or if nothing else, just to keep me from going insane.

My name is Kevin Levolski and I am one of the last surviving people in America. I only say America because I hope that this was the only place affected by this insanity, and that everywhere else in the world will keep on living. I say insanity because that's the only way I can think of describing it. The entire continent of America, and every country in it, was brought tumbling down within a few days.

It all started on April 9th, twenty days ago. All over the news was reports of the dead rising from their graves and moving around. I thought it was just like one of those zombie horror movies, and funny enough, I think that's what kept me alive. I was preparing even before the government issued a national alert stating that the zombies were hostile. But honestly, I'm kind of surprised that I was one of the few that survived the first couple of days. Surely there must have been others like me who saw it coming and got ready.

Although I can't really say it was easy, even for someone like me who was already prepared. You see, all of the long dead zombies move slow and groan and do all of that old zombie stuff. But there are some zombies, always ones who are recently turned, that can move fast and attack ferociously. They shriek and bolt at you, and their cries usually attract more zombies, so that by the time you're done fighting off the first one, a whole lot more are already close.

But luckily, they only stay like that for a week or two, then they start to slow down. I guess thats probably why everything got brutalized so much within the first few weeks. It's much safer now than it was originally, but I still I have be careful. I wasn't always on my own.

But it doesn't matter now, I won't dwell on the past.

Too many painful memories.

*What appears to be a small heart is drawn on the bottom of the page. It has a two pairs of initials inside, but they can't be made out due to frantic scribbling over it.*

Pixel
08-10-2011, 05:51 PM
May 11th, 2015

Today I killed someone that I very deeply cared about. I cannot express through words how this makes me feel. This morning, she was bitten--my girlfriend, I mean. At the rate she was going, there was no way she'd survive. She'd just end up becoming one of those freaks.

Before she was gone I ended her suffering with a sledgehammer to the head. The skull caved in and the brain was obviously critically injured, killing her instantly. Her blood... was all over me. I felt disgusting; sickened. I've never killed anyone before, so naturally I felt like a murderer.

Was my action justified? I could only guess that this was the only way to stop her from becoming one of those things. That's how they rise up again, right? I've only seen movies and books on this sort of thing, but I never imagined it to be quite like this.

In some ways, on April 9th, I was exited. A zombie apocalypse was something that I was almost looking forward to. Banding together with your friends only to chop up mindless freaks to survive; very thrilling. It's nothing like I thought it would be. I was just a fool.

Right now I'm stuck at the roof of the University of Iowa. I don't even want to know what's going on inside the building right now, but the screams are rather telling. Once I run out of food I'll have to go through that mess and hopefully survive, though now I'm doubtful. There's no one else up here, and I've barricaded the doors. There were... some people that wanted it but I didn't let them. They were killed.

My name is Brad Wilson. I'm a survivor--at least for now. I don't know how long I'm going to survive, but maybe this diary will come into someone's hands after all this is over.

It's kind of pointless to write, but it makes me feel better to know that I might be remembered if someone finds it.

Unfortunately the story will not be a tale of bravery or courage; it will only be of cowardice and survival.

No more heroes.

*a rough signature can be seen at the end of the entry, hardly legible*

Judge Sewall
08-10-2011, 07:57 PM
-May 14th, 2015-

Dear Diary,

Today my dad sat down with my mother and me and had a very serious talk. He spoke to us about the possibility of leaving our barricaded home here in Georgia and heading somewhere with better shelter and supplies. So far, we have been surviving with what we had stored in our home and by supply runs that my father was making to the local general store. He would get in his Ford truck and drive the three miles up the road and get food and other things. He told us that the last time he went to Larry's (the grocery store) it looked as if someone else had been there and most of the remaining supplies had been taken.

I'm scared, I don't want to leave our home. I suggested that father could start going farther away for supplies but he reminded me how dangerous it was every time he went out to get supplies and that it would become even more dangerous if he had to drive a longer distance.

After he suggested it to my mother and I, we prayed about it, hoping that God would give us guidance in this difficult decision. Eventually, we all agreed that it was best that we leave, but we needed a direction. That's when I suggested heading towards the University of Iowa, where my brother Jordan went to college. Just at the mention of my brother's name, my mother started to cry.

We have not made a decision yet as to where we are going, but in the next couple of days we will be leaving (hopefully for Iowa) to find a more secure shelter.

As a side note, I am joyful to know that someone else is out there alive in our town, even if they did take most of the supplies at Larry's store. I wonder how many humans are left in the United States and the world? We have a radio but we hear nothing but static every time we turn it on. Sometimes I wish someone would come over the radio and say "Don't worry, everything is going to be ok." But...no one is ever there.

Hopefully, the next time I make an entry, we will be on the road towards Iowa.

My prayer for today:
-O God, be with my family in this difficult time as we try to determine where to go.

Eternally His,
-Alexia Gilbert

deathvessel
08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
April 11, 2015
Zombies:
1. Scavenge for wood planks (James).
2. Finish boarding up house (Both).
3. Ration up food (Me).
4. Sew protective gear (Both).

April 18, 2015
Haven't had any time to write. Been busy surviving.
Need to write. Need to document.

James (37) & Serena (29) Jung.
Married 4 years.
Ann Arbor, MI.
No children. One dog (Charles).

April 30, 2015
Holed up for 21 days. Okay on food, but hungry. Boarded up windows and doors: so far so good.
Running out of ammo. Need to scavenge before food runs out. Need to repair armor.
TV does not get signal. Cut off from world.
Tired. Can't sleep.
5 cans of tomato soup.
3 cans of tuna fish.
1 can crushed tomatos.
3 cans of kidney beans.
4 Poptarts.
2 apples (eat soon).
1 can of black olives.
1 box of pasta.
1 box of rice.
1/2 bottle of soy sauce.
1 box of veggie burgers.
1/2 jar of peanut butter.
1 loaf of bread.
1 1/2 large jugs of purified water.
1 box of cereal.
2 frozen salmon filet.
1/2 bag of dog food.

Most all produce is gone.

May 8, 2015
It's been almost a full month now, and things aren't as horrible as they were. The zombies have slowed down. I have more time on my hands now that barriers don't need to be reinforced constantly. We've stacked up a pile of wood though.

Our food supply is diminishing, but we are too afraid to leave the house. Don't know what we are going to do. I don't want to leave the security of this house. I don't know how to prepare myself.

We don't talk about it, but we both miss our family. I doubt I'll ever see them again.

Judge Sewall
08-15-2011, 03:55 AM
-May 17th, 2015-

Dear Diary,

After much deliberation between my parents, they have finally agreed to pack the suburban with our remaining supplies and head towards the University of Iowa. The initial thought of us leaving our home left me scared and anxious. But, I have since gained some courage and I am starting to try to think more positively. There are numerous pros to leaving our small town including:

1. We might meet other survivors.
2. We could find my brother.
3. We could find a place with near limitless supplies so that we will not have to move again for a long time.

It has been difficult deciding what to pack for our journey because, in all likelihood, we will not be coming back here. At first, there were numerous sentimental items I wanted to take along like pictures, gifts, and various trinkets, but both my mother and father convinced me otherwise. "We really can only take what is essential," my dad told me when I showed him my baby book. Even during the apocalypse, I am finding it difficult to give up some of my earthly possessions. I have been praying for God's forgiveness in my material sins.

So far, I feel that I have been able to pack most of the items I think are essential including clothing, hygiene items (toothbrush, soap), two pairs of tennis shoes, three pens, two pencils, my Bible, a flashlight with extra batteries, and eventually this diary. My dad should help me pack anything I might have missed before we finally head out tomorrow morning.

I will make sure to make an entry once we are on the road.

Prayer for today:
-O God be with my family as we start our journey.

Eternally His,
-Alexia Gilbert

Pixel
08-15-2011, 04:07 AM
May 18th, 2015

There is hardly any food left for me to eat. At this rate I'll only last for another week up here. I have to move on; but I don't think I can do it. At no point have I checked the inside of the University building, but I am sure they are full of zombies. There is no way in hell I'm going down there unless I really have to (which may be the case soon).

The smell of the dead is getting to me. With my dead girlfriend rotting up here it's hard to stay sane. I eventually had to throw her off the roof to get rid of the smell. It made me feel terrible, but there was no other way. Here I was hoping that she'd get a proper burial, but that was just a stupid ass idea. There's no time for burials anymore. That sort of custom is ridiculous during the apocalypse. Honor, respect, and whatever else that seems to be important to your well being are jack shit now.

I spend a lot of time writing random things on the wall, murals in the like. It gives me something to do, I feel, and helps me stray from losing it. Maybe someday other survivors will see these messages; the legacy of a fellow survivor right before them. It just makes me feel better knowing that at least a few people might remember me by the time I die in this new world.

In at least three days I am going to try and make a break for it and scavenge for more food. I'm not sure how safe the rooftop will be by then, but I will try to return to it and keep storage up. As of now the doorway is barricaded and no one can get in. Every so often I hear some banging but otherwise it's dead quiet. I feel like they're just waiting for me to open it so they can bite my neck off.

Sooner or later we're all gonna be fucked, so I'm not even sure why I try. Maybe it just makes me feel better about myself... Yeah, I'll just leave it at that.

--Brad Wilson

Mat
08-15-2011, 05:11 AM
May 12, 2015

Well, I kind of forgot about this thing until I unpacked it with the rest of my supplies. I've been busy moving around the past couple weeks, but I thought I'd finally settle down and take a break. I'm only doing this thought because it's a special occasion.

My Birthday!! I am now 25!

It seems like a cruel joke, celebrating my birthday in a time like this. I think it's more like I'm celebrating the sheer feat of just surviving this long, but hey, a little happiness and pleasure never hurt anybody.

But atleast I can say I have some one to celebrate it with now. Maybe that's what I'm happy about too. Not being alone anymore.

My new companion's name is James. I found him while scavenging in an abandoned supermarket three days ago. He was in the back when he was attacked by a shrieker, and consequentially, the supermarket soon became flooded with zombies. I found him and we worked together to get out through one of the emergency exits in the back of the store.

We're settled in an abandoned house in the outskirts of a small town right now. We've boarded up most of the windows on the bottom floor and have the door reinforced. As a special gift James even went out to the liquour store and managed to get a hold of some wine.

It feels good to finally feel secure for once, but I know we'll have to pack up and move soon. It's one of the things I hate most about these things. No matter where you are, they always manage to sniff you out eventually.

But today it doesn't matter. It's my birthday.

I just wish she was here.

Judge Sewall
08-16-2011, 01:56 AM
-May 18th, 2015-

Dear Diary,

We left early this morning, around 6:00 am, and have been driving since. It is currently 9:30 am and we are traveling Northwest on interstate 75 towards Atlanta. When we started our trip, Dad said that we will be traveling on some major highways and interstates, but would not pass close to major towns. Before the television went off, the news was reporting that most of the zombies were located inside of large cities, which makes sense since those are the areas most populated. Once we reach the outskirts of Atlanta, we are going to take the long way around and continue to head towards Iowa.

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when we finally started driving, but for the most part, we have seen nothing but abandoned cars and homes. Most of the zombies we have passed have been at a distance, but on one occasion, one of them ran and started pounding on my window. It was extremely frightening and I screamed loudly as we tried to maneuver through the abandoned cars. My father was attempting to get me to stay quite and my mother was looking through the backseat window with disgust and anxiety. I was able to see the zombie close up. Its eyes were fixated on me and most of the right side of its face was either ripped off or rotten. I can't understand how it was still alive. I was also surprised at how fast it moved! I remember the news reporter saying that a zombie can run just as fast a human when they are recently turned, but then start to deteriorate. I'm sure this one was recently turned.

The zombie appeared to be wearing a suit like he was a business type and his tie was swinging everywhere when he was pounding on the car. I'm glad we got out of there quickly because I'm not sure how much longer the glass would have held.

I think I feel more isolated than ever before now that we are on the road. It's one thing to be inside of your own home and know that no one is out there, but an entirely different thing to see it for yourself. I will make another entry once we make it past Atlanta.

Prayer for today:
-Jesus, please watch over us as we travel towards Iowa and be with my brother if he is still alive. O God, help keep him alive until we can rescue him.

Eternally His,
-Alexia Gilbert

Mori
08-17-2011, 01:28 AM
May 15, 2015

Shit, I can't believe this. I just glocked my grandfather in the head. I'm not sure if I can keep writing...He blood is everywhere. I couldn't let him be turned. He wouldn't have lived. 90 years old and he lived to see this. At least he knew that I cared.

Tera

GlassSnake
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM
May 20th, 2015

-The top of the page has a bit of illegible scribbling, like the owner didn't know how to start, and continued to cross out lines of text.-

Journal entry for Elliot Salem, 9911A:

I haven't had to use one of these stupid things since I was in the Rangers back home, and I'm not sure how to start this junk, so I'll just be blunt. Shit has hit the fan.

For those people who haven't seen them yet, there's some kind of disease making people go nuts back home. Making the dead get up and walk around, a lot of them trying to bite people like some stupid horror flick full of zombies. Screwed up, right?

Well I was skeptical at first too, like it was another hoax in the tabloid papers, but we saw it on the news with our own eyes. Stopped at the bar to get some dinner, doing some camping and fishing up here in the sunny Canadian lakes, and it was on every god damn channel. Shit blowing up, cars on fire. You name it.
Biggest cities burned out the fastest, and everyone knows why. Population = Food. The rush to supply up left people to become easy munchie time for the dead guys.

It's been almost a month and a half now since people started dying, and no one from HQ has contacted us. I leave my radio on every day from between 11am to 4pm, just in case.
Tyson keeps saying that we should plan for the future and just do what we can.

What's left of the troops here are just a small platoon from the infantry brigade. Green as grass, and not even 30 of us all together. We can't tell how far they've spread, but news was saying it's already spread from Seattle to Vancouver, and we're some 5 hours outside of that in an off-shoot called "Hope". Pfft, Hope. What a place to start.

Y'know, out of all the years both Tyson and I have worked together, fighting for the U.S military, the Rangers, to becoming Mercenaries blowing crap up in Hong Kong; I doubt we'd ever expect to run into this. I've shot plenty of terrorists and gang members in my day, but shooting the "undead" is gonna be a new one for the record book.

I was on guard duty with some guys last night and we shot a few of them, learnin' real quick that these things take some precise shots if you expect them to stay dead. Aim for the head, and you'll save a lot more ammo. Just like those movies teach ya. Who says sitting on my ass all that time wasn't productive?!

So... apparently it's important to document all this stuff down, and record everything for later, so I'm gonna just list everyone's names off and recruitment numbers for starters. Do it in case any of us get killed or go missing. If someone finds this, then they can have another list to go by besides the main one back at base camp.

Gotta get to sleep soon though, watch is in another 7 hours.

(On the next page there is a list of names, random names, including Elliot Salem and Tyson Rios. Where people are from, dates of birth, and badge numbers, all neatly recorded for future reference.)

Mori
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM
May 19,2015

(the handwriting is sloppy and hard to read. bloody/muddy fingerprints can be spotted in the bottom bridge of the book and along the edges)

Today, I had to abandon my hold up point. There were too many headed my way and my food was short. I guess they could smell the buried corpse of my grandfather. All I have on me is a pocket flashlight, this damn excuse for a diary, a shovel, and a fuckin hand gun with two clips left. I wish I realized to aim for the head. I don't care how many times the movies or books say it, No One aims for the head out of instinct. I only destroyed my grandpa's brain because I knew it would be quick. (tear drops sprinkle the page)
I now realize I may not survive, only time will tell. ...Their damn moans echo all around me...I hope they can't find me...this night is never going to end.

Tera

deathvessel
08-17-2011, 08:28 PM
May 15th, 2015
James left four or five days ago... I can't remember exactly. It seems like it's been years. We are completely out of food now, and I haven't eaten for a couple of days. I'm delirious and I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm scared to death that I'll never see James again.

James, if you read this - I love you so much.

May 17th, 2015
James came back... I've never been so relieved in my life. I thought I'd lost him, but he has returned! He brought another person with him. Apparently this guy helped fight off the zombies that were at supermarket James went to. Since they came home late into the night, we weren't properly introduced. We conspired vague plans to get out of here, in order to try to find others - and a shelter where we can easily access food. James almost lost his life, and staying here is not worth that risk. We may even leave tomorrow or the next day, but we need to get some sleep in case we end up leaving tomorrow. I don't want to be hasty, but James and the other guy only brought enough food to get us through a couple of days.

Judge Sewall
08-18-2011, 05:30 AM
-May 20th, 2015-

Dear Diary,

We made it past Atlanta and now we are well into Tennessee, but traveling has been difficult and slow. Besides going around large cities, there have been numerous road blocks and other structures blocking our path. The majority of the obstacles blocking our way have been cars, but we have also run across a downed power line pole and a tree blocking the road. I guess since there are no service people working the roads daily, stuff like downed trees just continue to lay across the highways.

We are currently in a small town on the northwest side of Tennessee and we have found an abandoned home to sleep in for the night. Since the house does not have any protection (like boarded up windows) like our home in Georgia did, my mother and father are taking turns for watch. My dad brought three guns with him, one shotgun and two rifles. I am unsure what kind of guns they are. My dad only took me hunting once and I did not like it. Dad and Jordan would go hunting nearly every other weekend. I think it was their bonding time together. I've only shot a gun two or three times, and it left a bruise on my shoulder each time. I think my dad intentionally gave me the strongest guns to 'toughen' me up.

The house we are staying in is two bedrooms, so we can escape from the upstairs windows if zombies start to storm us. It's strange looking at the pictures and belongings inside the home. I feel like I am looking into a picture album of someone's life and trying to piece the parts together. For example, there is a clarinet in one of the upstairs bedrooms. It makes me wonder who the musician was. Were they in high school like me? Or was it an adult who played the clarinet professionally? I also try to guess what kind of personalities the people had who I see in pictures around the house. It looks like they were a nice family, but I will probably never know.

I feel that my parents feel more distant from God than they ever have before. They seem to be praying and reading their bibles less since the apocalypse happened. It is difficult to reconcile the truth of the bible and what is happening on earth. As far as I know, the bible does not describe any of the events that have happened so far. Maybe they are losing some of their faith? Maybe I am too?

How do I reconcile the infallible truth of the bible with the zombie apocalypse? Maybe God is testing us and wants to see how we will respond to this turmoil in our lives. Tomorrow, God willing, we should be able to go through Kentucky and most of Missouri. We should be in Iowa in a couple of days. I hope to get a good nights sleep tonight, as it has been difficult to sleep in the suburban.

My prayer for today:
-God, help me keep my eyes on you in these times of uncertainty and sadness. I love you with all of my heart. Forgive my family's sins against you, including straying away from your truths.

Eternally His,
-Alexia Gilbert

Heson Shadowbane
08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
The date... Who gives a real damn about it. But I guess since I am recording an event I need to document it properly. It's sometime in August. Let's just say the 15th cause I haven't honestly kept track since the outbreak a few months back. Been too busy trying to take back my city of LA back from the dead and the criminals who escaped during the outbreak. I was ready to leave with some citizens back in June when out on a scavenging run I saw a criminal I had put away. A sick pedophile who was taking advantage of this chaos filled world. The child was already dead, a punch to keep her silent had broken her neck. Her parents dead in the room with throats cut as the sicko had his way...

I unloaded a full clip into him, and it felt good. As a cop there were restrictions on what I could do, but now I could deliver justice without the loopholes in the system. I stayed behind, saving people when I could and trying to send them off safely. A few days ago food ran out and I couldn't get out to get more. Then it happened. Today a criminal broke into the library, one I had put away plenty of times. A single bullet to the head put him down. Staring at the dead body while listening to the moaning of the undead sparked something. I removed hist clothes, checking for any bites before dragging him close to the small employee break room / kitchen.

I butchered his body. I cooked it the best I could and ate. I can't really describe the taste, but it was delicious. It may be the fact I hadn't eaten in a few days, but I have found an emergency supply of food as long as I make sure there isn't any bites on them. Only criminals though. If I kill an innocent for their meat then I am no better than the criminals I fight.

~Yuki, the flower cop

Mat
08-19-2011, 04:26 AM
May 18, 2015

Good news! Turns out James has a wife named Serena and now that makes three of us. We found her yesterday at the house they've been staying at. He's been gone for a while, and she was worried that he had disappeared for good. I felt happy for them when they were reunited. I miss feeling like that.

But anyway, we're moving on soon. James and Serena have a pretty nice setup in this house here, but it's just too hard to get supplies in this area, and they've been here for a while, so every place close is already used up.

But it's late now, so I'm gonna put this journal down and go to sleep. It's weird though, I feel like I'm almost talking to this thing.

Just goes to show what loneliness can do to a person.

Mori
08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
May 20, 2015\

That was Waaay closer than I would have liked. I just escaped from the tree I stayed in last night. Luckily, those bastards cannot climb...and lucky for me there are trees close enough to travel in. I nearly fell to my death an hour ago...fresh dew and slick tennis shoes do not mix well for the living. Still have my shovel, flashlight, ammo, and pistol not really sure how...but they are still with me. God, I'm thirsty...Wait, what is a car doing this far out? Hold on.

So much for that plan...The car just crashed and the damn ghouls just flocked around it. If anyone lived from the impact, they will be lucky to escape from those dead freaks. I could attempt to assist them. Or I could get to a safer location at the expense of lives..Ah shit...I'm likely going to regret this, but I'm going to see if I can help those in the car. I don't have enough ammo for them all...I hope this shovel doesn't break. Hang on guys!
Heroes and made not born.

Tera

Pixel
08-20-2011, 12:54 AM
May 21st, 2015

Today I went into the school, even though I didn't want to. There are far less zombies than I thought there would be. It seems a lot of them started to leave once there were no more bodies to eat. There are a few stragglers here and there, but they were easy to get by if you just keep quiet and don't let them see you.

I was scared out of my mind, nearly pissed my pants. I raided the cafeteria today to find some canned food and some perishables. They fit easily in my backpack as I planned and I had enough food to last me for another three days. Going back upstairs to the roof, I didn't bother to replace the boards I nailed to the door before. There weren't many zombies here and I doubt that they will even try to get up here.

How long can I really cope with this? I mean, there's nowhere else to go now, is there? I keep wondering if there are others here, as there are a lot of locked up rooms, but it feels so alone. No one wants to come out. I saw someone briefly today as I was getting into the cafeteria, but they ran away before I could say anything. They were hooded so I couldn't recognize them, but they seemed to be afraid of me...

I don't know what's going on anymore. I don't know what to do, either. Am I just supposed to roam until a zombie bites me? Is there some sort of cure? What is the point of even living here anymore? This new world is fucked up, and I don't like it. When I was just in high school I used to pretend to be so nihilistic because I thought it was cool, but now I can't help but agreeing with the philosophy. There really is no fucking point to living.

But I'm too afraid to kill myself. All I have to do is jump off this roof but I don't have the fucking balls to do it. It hurts my head just to think about it. It seems the point to life is just... living. I'll try to stay around here and eat up the last food that I can find. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm already going insane. I passed a mirror on the way up and I look like shit. My eyes are bloodshot and I'm dirty...

Too tired to write anymore today. Nothing is real anyways.

--Brady

Judge Sewall
08-20-2011, 05:01 AM
-May 21st, 2015-

Dear Diary,

I don't really know how to cope with what just happened except through writing about it. As we were traveling through Missouri we saw someone wave us down and ask for help. We were thrilled to find someone alive. The man claimed that his son was being attacked and that he needed help. When my dad got out of the car and walked towards the back of the suburban to get guns, the man hit him on the back of the head with a blunt object and then four more men emerged from the bushes and started attacking him. My mother and I were too slow to close the door, and the men eventually dragged us out.

My dad is dead.

Our car and the majority of our supplies are gone.

I can hear zombies in the distance.

O God....help us!!!

-Alexia Gilbert

Mori
08-21-2011, 11:11 PM
May 21, 2015

Great news, I survived. Horrible news, I now have a broken shovel and two clips of ammo, and a sprained ankle. There was a gutter hidden by thin layer of dirt. Fantastic news, I managed to save a child saved from the ghouls. Not so fantastic news, his parents didn't make it.
Good news, we are in a safe-ish location upon a rooftop barricaded from the zombies. Bad news, we are trapped with little food.
Good news, no one was bitten (i checked. thoroughly.) Bad news, this kid is traumatized and will not converse with me at all. (i don't blame him.)
No more news to report other than we made it to a building's rooftop and the boy had a backpack which contains the only food we have. Well, time to rest for the moment.

Tera