PDA

View Full Version : Torn Empire OOC

ArchonDuPlex
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone, opening my first roleplay, hope you guys don't mind...

================================================== ========

EDIT: sorry, I rushed the post, should have taken more time into it :s
Torn Empire

setting: the far distant future, the galaxy is on the brink of war, as the ageing emperor if the Tyranadi Empire lays on his deathbed after an assassination attempt gone well. With no heir to the throne, the other great houses are drawing their own forces to take the throne.

meanwhile, on the edge of the Tyranadi empire, clans of a Race know as the Tra'cbea form unsteady alliances with other aliens to take down the Tyranadi after years of oppression.

and to add to the growing tide of war, the void storm in the outer spiral arm reopens, spewing forth Daemonic hordes from the Antar, a sub realm that was closed after the Orion wars...

Race Overviews

The predominant species in the galaxy; The tyranadi are human-like reptiles, ruthless, efficient, cold-blooded and tend to prefer technology over strength or speed. The race itself is divided between the citizens and the Overguard; the members of the great houses.

The current house of the Emperor is House Mearld'ous, a small yet powerful house, they successfully lead the Tyranadi during the Orion Wars, and were rewarded to lead the Empire, not by a decision made by the previous house as was traditional, but by an unwavering support from the empire at large.

Tyranadi forces tend to be formed from soon to be citizens, and tend to be willing to fight for their empire, Quite a lot of their fighting style is formalised, and honed to perfection from the empires various expansions.
The only exception are the storm troopers of the army, the Shadow guard. The Shadow Guard are the elites, clad in augmented battle suits, trained in every form of combat known, and decked out with the best arms the empire has to offer.

The Houses have the rights to their own private armies, drawn straight from the Imperial army's best, which has lead to uneasy cold wars between sectors inside the Empire, especially along the Kai'helm/vorsk border between the two houses Belore and Tel'adre owning the respective planets.(Kai'helm - Belore, Vorsk - Tel'adre)

The Tra'cbea are a feral half human half feline species, capable of great speed and strength. Evolution has dulled their claws and teeth, but they sill have the predatory sense to fight a threat as a pack, then flee.
The clans are basicly their for of government, each clan inhabits a fleet of marauding ships, a central craft forming the economic and military hub for the clan. It isn't uncommon for two clans to have skirmishes over territory and 'hunting' grounds.
Main Clans: Valseen, Thae'd Hek, Vorem

Tra'cbeans have a predatory streak that runs deep within their veins. They call this hidden strength the Call, and although it can overwhelm their control, it gives them immense strength and speed.

Because of this, before each battle they gather in the central chamber of their ship, and summon the Call in ritualistic preparation.
from this they have a preference for hand to hand combat approach, focussing their lightning speed to close the gap between them and the foe, before taking them down quickly.

During the Orion wars, they were hired by the Tyranadi to fight alongside them as a type of shock troops, and impressed the Emperor at the time (Elucian I, son of Tybirian V) so much they were accepted into their forces, only to be subjugated and forced into serfdom.

Their preferred theatre of battle is in ship to ship combat, and are known pirates across the galaxy.

The Antar were once a deep science branch of humanity, devoting their lives to the pursuit of knowledge and understanding, however the advances they made in bioengineering soon change that...
Now, the last true humans form the hive minds of the Antar, bioengineered machines, designed to facilitate the needs and desires of each Hive mind.
Before being trapped inside their own sub-realm, the Antar were the bane of the galaxy, and only the united might of the Tyranadi houses pushed them back to the Orion system, and locked the gate on that world for a millennium.

Antars are the embodiment of science gone wrong. The highest of their ranks are the hive kings and queens, humans that have been encapsulated, feed hyperdrenes to give them unparalleled telepathic ability, and control their warriors on the planets below from orbit. Though their ships tend to be sparing, having only a few main cruisers at anyone time, they grow vast swarms of reptilian/insect like warriors, armed with bioweapons.

most of these are simply foot soldiers, some are given stimulants till they become walking tanks, others adapted to fly, even in space.
Their main strategy in conflict is simply to overwhelm the enemy, to flood their bases with warriors, blot out the sky with winged swarms, though some minds do breed their own units, engineered to their own designs, their brood elites.

the stage is set in the outer rim, between four systems, Kai'helm, vorsk, new kign and Bale-strum, players can either be commanders of forces, freelancers, even just civilians caught in the midst of things.

Character Sheet:

Name: (your name)
Race: (the race you chose)
Age: (all save the Antar live for a 100 years at most, who can theoretically live indefinitely)
Rank: (Tyranadi and Tra'cbea use system similar to normal military, where as Antar are just hive minds or Grunts)
appearance: (basic appearance, height weight, defining points etc.)
Short Bio: (why they are there, and what are they fighting for)

SandQueen
08-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I need alot more information before I'll sign onto anything. Can you elaborate on the groups you've just named?

ArchonDuPlex
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok, more info for the various groups:
The predominant species in the galaxy. The tyranadi are humanlike reptiles, ruthless, efficient, coldblooded and tend to prefer technology over strength or speed. The race itself is divided between the citizens and the Overguard, the members of the great houses.

to be honest, its up to you to name yours, the house names are basicly surnames, and you can chose them, bearing in mind their language is a very quasispanish dialect.
The Tra'cbea are a feral half human half feline species, capable of great speed and strength.Evolution has dulled their claws and teeth, but they sill have the predatory sense to fight a threat as a pack, then flee.

The clans are basicly their for of government, each clan inhabits a fleet of maruding ships, a central craft forming the economic and military hub for the clan. It isn't uncommon for two clans to have skirmishes over terratory and 'hunting' grounds.

Main Clans: Valseen, Thae'd Hek, Vorem
The Antar were once a deep science branch of humanity, devoting their lives to the pursuit of knowlege and understanding, though the advances made in bio engineering soon change that...
Now, the last true humans form the hive minds of the Antar, bioengineered machines, designed to mimic the swarm.
Before being trapped inside their own subrealm, the Antar were the bane of the glaxy, and only the united might of the Tyranadi houses pushed them back to the orion system, and locked the gate on that world for a milleniumSo, need any more info?

SandQueen
08-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I'd like to know more about the previously mentioned war. If I'm supposed to be RPing as the commander of a force I'll need to know how the various forces go to battle and their motivations in the current conflict

ArchonDuPlex
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
The orion wars happened before the golden era of the Tyranadi Empire, when the great houses were on the brink of waring between them, the Antar decided to attack.

the orion system was one of many systems that were fought over, though it saw the most conflict.

Tyranadi forces tend to be formed from soontobe citizens, and tend to be willing to fight for their empire, Quite alot of their fighting style is formalised, and honed to perfection fron the empires various expansions. the only exception are the storm troopers of the army, the Shadow guard.
the Shadow Guard are the elites, clad in argumented battle suits, trained in every form of combat known, and decked out with the best arms the empire has to offer.
The Houses have the rights to their own private armies, drawn straight from the Imperial army's best, which has lead to uneasy cold wars between sectors inside the Empire, especially along the Kai'helm/vorsk border between the two houses Belore and Tel'adre owning the respective planets.(kai'helm-Belore, Vorsk-Tel'adre)

the Tra'cbea are clans, and as such fight as a clan, and die as a clan.
before battle they have rituals, sharpening their minds and bodies with arcane technology.
They have a prefered hand to hand combat aproach, focussing their lightning speed to close the gap between them and the foe, before taking them down quickly. During the Orion wars, they were hired by the Tyranadi to fight alongside them as a type of shocktroops, and impressed the Emperor at the time (Elucian I, son of Tybirian V) so much they were accepted into their forces, only to be subjugated and forced into serfdom.

Their prefered theatre of battle is in ship to ship combat, and are known pirates acrossed the galaxy.

Antars are the embodiedment of science gone wrong. The highest of their ranks are the hive kings and queens, humans that have been encapsulated, feed hyperdrenes to give them unparalleled telepathic abbility, and control their warriors on theplanets below from orbit. Though their ships tend to be sparing, having only a few main cruisers at anyone time, they grow vast swarms of reptilian/insect like warriors, armed with bioweapons.

most of these are simply foot soldiers, some are given stimulants till they become walking tanks, others adapted to fly, even in space.
Their main stratagy in conflict is simply to overwhelm the enemy, to flood their bases with warriors, blot out the sky with winged swarms, though some minds do breed their own units, engineered to their own designs, their brood elites.

SandQueen
08-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Well I'm tentatively interested. It'll take me a bit to come up with a character concept though.

ArchonDuPlex
08-08-2011, 03:44 PM
welol, you've got till another two people decide to join up.

Biophysicist
08-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Uh... I guess I'll give this a try.

Friendly critique, though: You should try to neaten up your posts a bit, and give all relevant information up front (without textwalling, of course, though). It's quite a feat to avoid either overwhelming with information (or giving so much there isn't enough room for creativity, which stems from the same source) or giving so little that the players are in a vacuum. You don't seem to have put that much thought into this (which is NOT the same as saying that you didn't). The lack of proofreading doesn't help, either.

I am not trying to be mean, lol. I personally love this kind of story when it's done right, and want to see more of them.

ArchonDuPlex
08-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Uh... I guess I'll give this a try.

Friendly critique, though: You should try to neaten up your posts a bit, and give all relevant information up front (without textwalling, of course, though). It's quite a feat to avoid either overwhelming with information (or giving so much there isn't enough room for creativity, which stems from the same source) or giving so little that the players are in a vacuum. You don't seem to have put that much thought into this (which is NOT the same as saying that you didn't). The lack of proofreading doesn't help, either.

I am not trying to be mean, lol. I personally love this kind of story when it's done right, and want to see more of them.
I have absolutely no problem with critique, and actually this is helpful, I did kind of rush to piece this together, so I understand why your saying it feels like I didn't put a lot of thought into it.

I failed to proof read it for the same reason, and I'll keep it in mind next time, and I'll edit the first post with all the info, plus a character sheet.

Evil Troy
08-08-2011, 09:21 PM
You know this does look to be an interesting idea. Haha unfortunately I'm more of a fantasy person. Though why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

ArchonDuPlex
08-09-2011, 07:10 AM
guess that three will be enough?

ArchonDuPlex
08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
well, I've waited long enough for any new people to join, post your character sheets up now and we'll start.

Mosaic
09-01-2011, 01:21 AM
You know this does look to be an interesting idea. Haha unfortunately I'm more of a fantasy person. Though why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

If you try to submit for the Roleplay of the week and find yourself in need of a banner for the description click the link below. All you have to do is give a description of what you'd like, possibly link a few desired pictures, or leave it to the designer who takes on your request to find a suitable picture, and link your OOC.

One of RPA's many talented Graphic Designers will take up your request for you and have it within two days or sooner.

Link (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=720971#post720971)

infernai
09-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Hmm, looks cool, is it too late to join in?

Xanthuss
09-01-2011, 07:16 AM
I hope I did this right, thanks.

Name:
Devin Thorsson

Race:
Antar

858 - Biologically // 562 - Chronologically.

Hive King/Hive Mind.

Appearance:
A human being in appearance, standing about 6"2ft tall, with short spiked blonde hair that is naturally highlighted with darker gold streaks. Devin has a decent but not overly developed muscle structure, and a large build. Devin has broad shoulders, and an athletic build, with tanned skin. Various scars cover his body, including a particularly vicious one down the side of his face, and many crisscrossing ones that cover his arms, back and chest. He has a dark green crescent moon tattoo on his cheek, which his scar slices through.

Short Bio:
Devin started life as a apprentice Hive King, cloned from his Master and 'Father', who was an Antar Hive King for the purpose of replacing his Master if anything happened to him. His master, known as Grim Thorsson, raised him to adulthood and then kept him in a deep cryogenic sleep, with an computer system set to wake him if anything happened to Grim.
The computer woke him about 200 years after he was put in cryo-sleep. His master had been killed by another Hive King, who attempted to take over Grim's faction, but Devin was woken in time and he destroyed the rival.

Since then Devin has been rising in power, until he and the other Antar were released recently; Since his release he has set out to destroy the Tyranadi.

Other:
Devin bases his forces on a gigantic mobile space station, called the Soul Reaper. An enormous space station that can contain some three billion individuals at one time and which is heavily armed. Due to its enormous size though, Devin prefers to use his flagship when attacking.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/Dream_Sequencer/spaceship.jpg

ArchonDuPlex
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Hmm, looks cool, is it too late to join in?

nope!

I hope I did this right, thanks.

pretty good, no real suggestions of improvements.

here mine
Name: Uruk Kahlen
Race: Tra'cbea
appearance: 7 ft Tall tank of a Tra'cbean, Uruk has Dark red Fur, with sho'ku (like tattoo's, but they are made from bleaching the fur white or predominantly dyeing it) covering his shoulders. Scared down his back several times, with one across his right eye, he's seen battle far to many times.
Short Bio: Originally captured and raised by a Tyranadi household to be a sort of guard dog, Uruk grew up trained to fight.
as he reached a decade old he fled, eventually finding his way back to the fleet. He met his father on his deathbed, and agreed to take his place a a fleet commander, and lead a rebellion against the Tyranadi empire.

Uruk has a small carrier command ship, the Sharp Claw. From this ship he can command his small fleet of elite ships and their fighter squadrons.
(watch this space, working on a pic for it.)

ArchonDuPlex
09-02-2011, 09:03 PM
ok, double up on charaqcters, we kinda need more than two.