PDA

View Full Version : Hoenn Adventures (Pokemon RP)

Levias
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Story:

This is about a bunch (8 - 10) of beginning Pokemon trainers/Coordinators As they make each of their own ways through Hoenn. Some will form groups, others may join Team Aqua, Magma, or the more elusive Cypher (From Pokemon Colloseum; The ones that make Shadow Pokemon). What they don't know is that they are all here for a purpose. And what is that purpose? They must find the prophecy themselves.

A Small note, this is a few years after all of Ash's adventures

Map:

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/Darren1191/Pokemon%20Artwork/Ill-hoenn.jpg

RULES:

1. No Godmodding and Powermodding
2. Cursing is allowed, but not excessively.
3. Romance is ENCOURAGED
4. No Legendaries at the moment. Maybe later on.
5. NO GODMODDING OR POWERMODDING! Ok, now that thats cleared up...
6. Have fun.
7. Listen to Three Days Grace...Okay, that is pushing my godly ability to create laws among you. I won't force you...But I suggest it...

Profile Sheets:

Character Sheet: (Copy and Paste)

Name:
Personality:
History/Bio:
Other:
Appearance:

Pokemon Sheet: (Maximum of 2 Pokemon to start. NO LEGENDARIES)

Pokemon Species: (The Name of the pokemon)
Pokemon Name: (Nickname)
Pokemon Moves: (Be Realistic)
Pokemon Gender:

Okay, I shall post my Profile after I Post this.

ANYONE GOING TO JOIN?

Levias
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Name: Levias

Personality: Levias almost always looks on the darker and more cynical side of things. He isn't a pessimist, just a cynical optimist. But he also knows when there is no chance of victory. On the outside, He is cold, Quiet, and Sadistic towards anybody (You will find out why in his History). If he trusts somebody enough to let them become friends with him, He is actually Loyal, Caring, and Protective. In critical situations, he tends to become rash, if anyone he cares about is in danger.

History/Bio: He was orphaned at the age of Five. He was forced to live off of the land, and begging for food from strangers. At the age of Seven, he began to steal from market stalls in a small city in Kanto. It was the only way for him to get his food. As time progressed, due to him running from authorities and angry shop-owners, he became faster and faster, matching even some pokemon's speed. He could outrun the Police Forces Growlithe's and Arcanine's by the time he was Thirteen.

Then, One day, after stealing a stash of food from a small-time farmer, a man stopped him. The man was round, with grey hair, and wore a funny suit. He gave Levias an egg, telling him to take care of it until it hatched, and find him afterwards. Levias didn't care about finding the man afterwards, but if he ever did find him again, he would be sure to thank him. The man gave him the egg, and a pouch of money.

Levias waited until the egg hatched until he understood what teh man had meant. When it had hatched, an Eevee came out, He went out and bought pokemon food and his own food, enough for a year. He disappeared for about a year, maybe more, until someone saw him again. He was grown, at Seventeen, he stood at Six feet and a few inches. His Eevee had become an Umbreon, and a small Shinx followed behind them. They snuck onto a boat that was going to Hoenn, and that is where we leave off...

Other: Likes to sing, is most likely the fastest person you will ever know, and can fight very well.

Appearance:

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/Charia0544/m190180432.jpg

Pokemon Species: Umbreon
Pokemon Name: Shadow
Pokemon Moves: Bite, Quick Attack, Tackle, Secret Power, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball
Pokemon Gender: Male

Pokemon Species: Shinx
Pokemon Name: Shock
Pokemon Moves: Thunder Wave, Tackle, Growl, Thundershock

Levias
01-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A BANNER!

Almost_Blue
01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Name: Eve (Pronounced 'Aev')

Personality: Eve is a curious person, if he wants to know something, he wont stop until he satisfies his thirst for that knowledge. He's slightly lazy, which he just likes to call 'Laid Back'.
He's completely Innocent acting unless someone can prove that he's guilty, but has a heart of gold.
He can also be a bit indecisive when it comes to things.

History/Bio: Starting off, Eve's parents are both in Team Rocket, so Eve grew up in Olivine City with his Grandma and Grandpa, who run the docking business on the island dealing with all imports and exports.
Eve's father is an executive in Team Rocket, while his mother remains a grunt.
Eve would usually talk to his mother over the videophone every weekend, but rarely seen his father due to his busy schedule. On average, he would talk to his father once every two and a half months.

On Eve's twelfth birthday, his mother came to Olivine to celebrate, and after the party, she took him down to the beach to help him catch his first pokemon, who became Eve's best friend immediately.
The pokemon was a Staryu, and it was caught with one of his mothers Rocket-Pokeballs.

During the summer, when Eve was now 16, his mother came for an unannounced visit.
The nature of the visit wasn't exactly on good terms.
As Eve's mother took him aside, she presented him with his fathers hat, the only thing that was found left in his office.

Being an executive, Eve's father regularly spoke with Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket. Being a man with a heart, Giovanni told Eve's mother that Team Rocket had nothing to do with his disappearance, and that they suspect it was another rival team, from another land. Team Rocket would be doing the best they could to recover him. Eve's father had been kidnapped.

Waving farewell to his mother as she drove off, Eve couldn't help but fill with hate for whoever was disturbing his family.
Knowing Eve as well as he did, his grandfather had a long talk about how important it is that Eve remained in Olivine, regardless of how he felt, but just like his father, Eve managed to sneak away during the middle of the night, stowing away on a boat that was headed for the Hoenn Region.
He was going to look for the rival team in this new land, and hope that they had his father, he was going to get him back one way or another.

Other: When Eve was born, nobody could stop complimenting on how feminine the baby looked, regardless of his genital physique. His parents had already decided that they were going to name the baby either Adam or Eve, depending on the gender.
But his mother convinced his father to let her call him Eve, because of how beautiful he was going to grow up to be.

Appearance: Eve spent most of his life mistaken for a girl, until he purposely started wearing muscle shirts around when he helped his grandpa work on the docks.
Eve usually wears a tight black undershirt that covers everything but his neck, and an off-white vest, with a zipper up the front, and a big hood at the back. He has medium length brown hair, with a streak of blonde near the bangs. When he doesn't have his hood up, he wears his father's team rocket hat, which gets him bad reputation around the town.
Brown baggy pants cover his legs, with large pockets at the side. He chooses to wear taller heels than most other men, but they're mainly hidden under his baggy pants, only the front of the black boots stick out.
He has two off-white bands on his wrists, and has several rings on his hands.
He doesn't stand very tall, especially being the age he is, and has grey-blue eyes.

---
Pokemon Species: Staryu
Pokemon Name: Staryu
Pokemon Moves: Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Recover.
Pokemon Gender: Genderless

Pokemon Species: Stantler
Pokemon Name: Stantler
Pokemon Moves: (Known to Eve: Disable) (Unknown to Eve: Foresight, Calm Mind, Takedown, Bounce.)

Levias
01-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Cool, Accepted....Now we wait for a bit...

Almost_Blue
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Damn..the waiting game xD
.. I don't like the waiting game.. I'm gonna play solitaire! D:

Levias
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
lol, i love solitare xDD
but i like spider solitare better

Cheshire
01-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I'mma make a character sheet soon too... just lemme catch up on the ones that backed up over Christmas and New Years... and I have to go out in a bit, so expect it by tommorowish x3

Honestly, it's kinda funny how I can multitask rping a bunch of characters, but working on all the character sheets is the pain for me XD

Though I do LOVE making them XD

Levias
01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Cool, good to know

XunknownX
01-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh noes, my other weakness; 'Tis hard to resist a pokemon RP. I'll be attempting a character sheet soon, if you don't mind. Already starting up Emerald for inspiration and/or a reminder or two.

Gsarge
01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Name:William ketchum (Usually goes by Will or Willy.)
Personality:A very easy going kid to lazy, personable, sees his pokemon more like pets than something to battle with
History/Bio: After seeing his older cousin Ash on the TV battle pokemon all the time, Will eagerly became a pokemon trainer until he realized he was stuck under his cousin’s shadow. His somewhat lazy nature coupled with the annoyance of being compared with his somewhat celebrity cousin is why even though he’s been a trainer for 4 years he hasn’t done much in that time. That was until Ash sent him an egg that hatched into a pichu that he raised into Pikachu. With that sense of real accomplishment under his belt he was ready to show the pokemon he had raised among the trainer circles wearing a pokemon expo hat that was his father’s and become something of signature attire among the newest generation of Ketchum trainers.
Other:He’s Ash’s first cousin. Like Ash, he lets his pikachu roam around outside of a pokeball.
Appearance: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0a/Satoshidengeki.PNG

Pokemon Species: Pikachu
Pokemon Name: Sparks
Pokemon Moves: thunderbolt, quick attack, thunder wave, growl
Pokemon Gender: female

Pokemon Species: Poochyena
Pokemon Name: Coal
Pokemon Moves: Roar, bite, quick attack, pursuit
Pokemon Gender: male

Levias
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
cool

Levias
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
And Accepted

Bia
01-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Can I still join? Me and my pokemon obsessed sis make a pretty good team :)

On a side note: Whoo Spider Solitaire!

Levias
01-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Yea, sure, Ill be accepting until either the genders are even, or we have 10-12 people...

On a Side Note: YUSSHH

Bia
01-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Name: Callie Durmen

Personality: Callie is probably the sweetest person you will ever meet. She would never do anything mean to anybody and treats her pokemon the same. But don't be fooled, she does like to win, she just won't rub it in your face when she does.

She is all laughs and bubblegum and you're first impression might be a typical blonde, but Callie is very intelligent and will do her best to kick your butt in a battle. She loves beautiful pokemon and loves entering contests to show off her pokemon, her milotic has won many contests and she keeps all her ribbons in a little black box.

History/Bio: Callie grew up in a typical family, a mom, a dad, a younger brother and sister. She was the first one in her family to be interested in being a pokemon trainer, her parents got her a feebas for her 13th birthday, when he evolved Callie instantly fell in love and has had a soft spot for beautiful pokemon ever since. Her girafarig was the first pokemon she caught and she loves him just as much as her milotic.

Since she was the only one in her family who was really interested in pokemon she started off not knowing anything and just learning as she goes along. She still doesn't know a lot of stuff but she's a fast learner and won't make the same mistake twice. She loves her pokemon and wouldn't trade them for the world, but she really wants to get a Arcanine.

Other: Callie loves gum and can often been seen chewing some, but she's not obnoxious about it, though she does blow a bubble from time to time.

Appearance:http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/jessielyn33/01WHIMSEY/three_anime_cute_girls.jpg

Pokemon Species: Milotic
Pokemon Name: Mickey
Pokemon Moves: Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Water Pulse,Twister

Pokemon Species:Girafarig
Pokemon Name: Jenga
Pokemon Moves: Confusion, Psybeam,Double Hit, Zen Head-Butt

Bia
01-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Okay well get scared cause my sis know's all there is to know about pokemon and combined with my amazing rp skills we shall blow you away ;D

Levias
01-04-2010, 01:25 AM
I take that as a challenge! Just watch, I shall defeat you with my superior knowledge of strategies!...

Right after i finish playing Fire Emblem...

*Playing Fire Emblem*
Come On! Marth, you suck! lol

Bia
01-04-2010, 01:35 AM
mwhaha you should!

And I will beat you with my awesomeness and my sister is the best of the best!!

You want proof, I have one pokemon game (Emerald for DS, but I lost it lol) My sis has one for Wii, Sapphire for DS, Leafgreen for DS, Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team for DS, Diamond for DS, Mystery Dungeon Explorer's of Time for DS, Pokemon Stadium for Nin.64, Hey you Pikachu for Nin. 64. So altogether my family has 9 games, I think we got the pokemon thing down ;) (well at least my sis does)

Levias
01-04-2010, 01:41 AM
I have......

Pokemon Blue (For the Old GameBoy Color)
Pokemon Crystal (Also GameBoy Color)
Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA)
Pokemon FireRed (GBA)
Pokemon Ruby (GBA)
Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
Pokemon Pearl (DS)
Pokemon Colloseum (MY FAVORITE!!!) (Gamecube)
Pokemon Gale of Shadows (GameCube)

I HAVE 9 ALSO!!! ANd my brother has two that are different from the ones i already have

so thats 11 HAHAHA

I WIN!

xD

Bia
01-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Agh!

Okay well Sydney has:
9 pokemon games
2 pokemon posters
4 pokemon books
and like 24 pokemon cards

So like 39 all together!!!

WHAT NOW!

Levias
01-04-2010, 02:27 AM
I find your incompetence...Disturbing...I will have to get rid of you if I want to be the best...

Pay no mind to the man hiding in the shadow of your home...

Bia
01-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Well then! I find you're refusal to see reason disturbing :P

*glances behind shoulder* eep!

XunknownX
01-04-2010, 02:34 AM
(Warning: Kept getting distracted during history so it's badly drawn out)

Name: Riki* Erickson *('Reekee'; some mistaken it like 'Ricky')

Personality: It almost seems as if she has a two-sided personality; on the one hand, she can be super kind, affectionate and considerate... however, that seems to be reserved for only pokemon. Humans have 'no mercy' to blunt comments and her more serious side. Truthfully, she is a bit kinder than she seems(but the love of pokemon exaggerates it a bit), but she's mostly awkward or just unsociable, and stubborn to think that humans don't deserve kindness half the time. At the very best if she naturally thinks it's alright to lower the shield, she'll be a bit more nicer and gentle, that's it. Riki tries to think as logically as possible and not let her emotions get in the way and waver decisions, but when pokemon become involved, that personal rule becomes harder to keep in check.

History/Bio: Born and raised in Vermilion City, Riki wasn't the only pokemon enthusiast(or just fanatic), it was more like her whole family was. If anything that's where she got it from. Her grandparents ran a Day Care which she and her parents would frequently visit to give a helping hand, and even help pokemon 'off the clock' if it were needed. Riki's parents wanted to help pokemon in whatever way they could as well, and have been waiting for just the right day. Part of the future plan was for Riki to come as well, but much would have to be done before it was ready, or even until she was-- she was still too young. In order to fulfill their mysterious goal, they asked a favor of Riki's aunt and uncle up in Lavender Town. She never really disagreed and went along with it; not like they were bad people from brief visits she had with them before. With that, their parents made their leave to explore more of Kanto, and possibly other regions.

Staying with the aunt and uncle seemed awkward at best during the first year. Riki had to wait for phone calls from her parents for updates to talk their normal pokemon conversations. Her aunt and uncle didn't seem interested. They weren't so cruel as to not at least celebrate her 8th birthday. Though around here she noticed everything wasn't as cheerful, outside it felt even more so. Later she had found out why; the cause seemed to be a the tall building she saw simply named Pokemon Tower. Overhearing rumors about ghosts and spirits, she didn't have the gall to even go in until one year later. (9 yrsold)

More information lead her to the conclusion that it was simply a building which graves of pokemon were placed so previous trainers or owners mourn over their beloved partners deaths. A few weeks after she had found out, she became interested in more research behind it, but was interrupted by overhearing some thugs possibly... beating something? When she had turned to look, nothing was there except two scary-looking guys in a black uniform with a red R on their uniform, and a sack, though she could have sworn it moved. Riki let it be for now and left them, and overheard mutters concerning a 'useless' something. A mere hour after that had happened, a ruckus was going on at the Pokemon Tower. People were scrambling out, while others still remained inside. Forgetting about her fear a moment, she wandered in.

Everything was in chaos; some graves were chipped a little, or destroyed almost completely, and there was smoke mixed in with a strange unnatural mist. Exploring she didn't find fun-- 'spirits' seemed literally around every corner. The experience scared her half to death, but her determination to find out what was going on lead her to find a poor Abra completely out cold with bad wounds. She took the poor thing out with her to patch it up the best of her abilities, and let it finish healing at the Pokemon Center. After that event, her aunt and uncle told her to stay with her grandparents as it cold be dangerous here, and the Abra teleported right in front of her, and let her know in it's own way it was grateful and wanted to come.

She had let the Abra go with her safely once she obtained a pokeball and traveled back to her grandparents' for a few more years until 15. Helping them out at the Day Care was amazing to Riki, but she had also become much colder and withdrawn to show a kinder self to humans because of the coldness of others when they would abandon pokemon, or even if she saw them mistreated. Recently she had gotten another call from her parents that they were finally ready for her when she was checking the mail, and she saw exactly what it was before they even said: A Pokemon School of sorts located in the Hoenn region. It had been up and running for a couple years and was already receiving praise. They wanted her to come and help be part of the staff, though still somewhat young. By this point, she was indifferent to actually seeing them again, but agreed just to see what it was like, and to help the pokemon, and definitely dish out punishment to people who thought of treating pokemon poorly, and better yet, she'd have the authority to (most likely) do so. Before preparing to set out, the grandparents had a request that she take a Corsola that was brought to the Day Care a year or so ago, and was never picked up. Riki happily agreed--she already helped care for it. Now she has a new member of her little team along with her Kadabra(former Abra of course), so exploring a region new to her could be interesting...

Other: Very terrified of ghost stories, ghost pokemon, and can be easily startled sometimes. Near-sighted, so glasses are a necessity. Enjoys music so has her MP3 buds in her ears a lot of the time.

Appearance:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/TeenieJ91/glasses.jpg
----------

Pokemon Species: Kadabra
Pokemon Name: Kadabra
Pokemon Moves: Fire Punch, Recover, Psybeam, Shock Wave

Pokemon Species: Corsola
Pokemon Name: Corsola
Pokemon Moves: Icicle Spear, Mirror Coat, Spike Cannon, Bubblebeam
Pokemon Gender: Female

spirits breath
01-04-2010, 02:37 AM
I might join. luckely I have 3 people to ask what moves my pokemon have. I literally only know some of the first generation, and hoping that I dont do something to have several pms to correct me. course who is against adding some " this is how it would work" things. I can try to get one up tomorrow. then busy the next two days. but no definite yes or no to join. sorry levias. well back to your arguement. P.S. cards dont count or I would beat both of you. I rule with Levias. <-- victor

Levias
01-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Your ACCEPTED! :D
Thank you Spirits Breath xD

And i just remembered (Or accidentally dug up while looking for an old game for the Gamecube...) that I have my little brothers pokemon Cards...Which is like three binders full, so if they counted, I would win...

And I have TWO of the movies, so that ties me up with your posters xDDD

And I even posted it in my siggy that I have more, so I WIN EPICALLY!!! xD
Good game chap

Bia
01-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Oh we're counting movies? then like 50 XD

But you're pokemon cards win (darn cards) so I must accept defeat *like the good person I am* but don't be so egotistical, when we meet, you will lose!

Speaking of which...how are we going to determine who wins in a battle? Play it out on one of our many pokemon games?XD

XunknownX
01-04-2010, 03:58 AM
I might join. luckely I have 3 people to ask what moves my pokemon have. I literally only know some of the first generation, and hoping that I dont do something to have several pms to correct me. course who is against adding some " this is how it would work" things. I can try to get one up tomorrow. then busy the next two days. but no definite yes or no to join. sorry levias. well back to your arguement. P.S. cards dont count or I would beat both of you. I rule with Levias. <-- victor

Good to have knowledgeable friends to help out, since Pokemon has gotten a bit broader now... a bit too much... it also helps to know some pokemon information sites, since I do know I can't remember all the pokemon stuff. An okay amount, but not all. I can't imagine if someone could without any assistance... :sweat:

To determine the winners of the RP battles, I'd imagine you just post back and forth until a winner is determined and someone's willing to lose..? *shrugs*

Bia
01-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Well that would suck cause I'm the most stubborn person in the world *I know I've had many people tell me*

Well I feel extremely lucky for my sis and her pokemon ultimate handbook with all the new pokemon and their moves and orgins and any other crap you could imagine XD

Gsarge
01-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Is this going to take in the poke powers they started doing in the GBA games? Cuz if so my pochyena's intimidate ability is going to rock. Yea have fun with only half your normal physical attack power.

Correction I think that might be mightyena's only, poochyena's might be the one the assures runaway.

spirits breath
01-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Name: Kyle
Personality:A bit too close with his pokemon, having them since there first form gave in to that. He tries to be cheery, yet doesn't plan out some of his actions. over confident in his abilities.
History/Bio: Kyle grew up in a mix of two different parents. one, his mother who had a few evees just as friends, and herself was always going to contests to show the world the polemons beauty. His father was the kind of man who would throw pokeballs at you to force you to battle him. Kyle tried to please his father, but also admired what his mother had done with her pokemon.

Later in life, his father helped him catch his own charmander. Something simple and had about as much energy as he did. His mother gave him one of the evees that seemed to like Kyles bed and company. Only after being with his pokemon for roughly a year, did he realize they were both female...thanks to nurse joy who still creeps him out.

When he turned 16, his father saw it right to just give him some extra money(only a hundred bucks) and had him leave the house, claiming he was trained well to compete. His mom snuck him an extra two hundred for hopes of being on the television one day as a contest winner.

Other: He has a burn scar on his right leg from his charmander at the time, and he tries to train his pokemon for both battles and competitions.
Appearance: http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/cooliness/Male%20Anime%20Characters/guy6.jpg

Pokemon Species: vaporeon
Pokemon Name: vaporeon
Pokemon Moves: bubble beam, water gun, bite, and iron tail

Pokemon Species: Charmelon
Pokemon Name: charmelon
Pokemon Moves: fire fang, flame thrower, cut, fire blast

(is it possible to try those contest things?)

Levias
01-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Spirits breath: Yea, accepted, you can do the contests

everyone else:

The battles will be determined on a variety of things. first of all, effectiveness. A fire type fighting a water type will have obvious disadvantages, and depending on the attacks used, won't last very long, will it?

Also, vs. NPC's will be more of what you think is fair. If i see anyone who basically wins all fo teh time, I will sick some sort of wild legendary to drop them into a volcano, preferably moltres xD.

Yea, so second is wat form the pokemon are in (Like wat evolution stage). A charizard vs a squirtle, while the squirtle is water type, it has very low chance of actually winning.

And last of all is the pokemons bond with the trainer. The closer the two are, the longer it will be willing to fight.

that good for everyone

Bia
01-05-2010, 01:58 AM
yes! okay I've got to edit my profile. Uno momento...

EDIT: I am done, go check it out ;)

Levias
01-05-2010, 02:09 AM
ok

Almost_Blue
01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Sounds good to me.
Are you allowing double battles? ..I love double battles xD
Now when are we getting the IC thread?

Mysteria
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
If you are still in need of players don't forget that you can submit your rp to be show cased as Rp Of The Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

Levias
01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Ill put up the IC today, around....6 Eastern...i think it is -4 GMT....not exactly sure...

no thanks mysti, thanks for the offer though

Bia
01-06-2010, 02:17 AM
-_- I don't speak eastern time. Only Central and Mountain XD

Levias
01-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Your incompetence is once again disturbing my rest...

Bia
01-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Oh suck it up. You get disturbed too easily :P

Tai-Sama
01-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Name: Felix Umhaupt

Personality: Kind, strict, carefree, gentle.

History/Bio: Felix is a lover of pokemon through and through. He became a trainer to meet as many pokemon as possible. He got his start in the Johto Region, and he has traveled from there, to Kanto, then to Sinnoh. He is now traveling through Hoenn with his beloved team

Other: After travelling Sinnoh, Felix returned to his home in the Orre Region to become a Gym leader in Desra City. He is taking a break to travel Hoenn.

Appearance: TBA

Pokemon Species: Gliscor
Pokemon Name: Gliscor
Pokemon Moves: X-Scissor, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Ice Fang, Swords Dance, Guillotine.

Pokemon Species: Nidoking
Pokemon Name: Nidoking
Pokemon Moves: Poison Jab, Toxic, Earthquake, Horn Drill, Megahorn, (elemental punches)

Gsarge
01-09-2010, 12:13 AM
What about catching new pokemon? Is that suppose to be hard as in take a few posts to find one you like or if it's detailed can we go out into the wilds and catch a few pokemon native to an area and then come back in a single post?

Gsarge
01-09-2010, 12:20 AM
and omg double post check it out!
http://www.pokemon.com/#heartgoldsoulsilver

Bia
01-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Welp...we know what my sis is going to spend her money on...

Tai-Sama
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm getting it :v

Gsarge
01-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Tai I'd think your character is a bit OPed being a gym trainer and all and I'm not sure were our GM went.

Levias
01-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Yea, sry for the absence guys, ive been busy lately, i have exams comin up this week.

ok, fo rwild pokemon, it wont be like a trainer battle, but the rules are still relatively the same. If it is obviously a weaker pokemon, then it will be easier to take down. Say the situation is this

Charmeleon vs. Zigzagoon

Obviouisly, charmeleon wins that

Shinx vs. Zigzagoon

This is completely even (To me)

Igglybuff vs. Zigzagoon

No offence to anyone, but igglybuff and any of those pre-evolution forms suck...just saying...they have a lower chance of winning a battle.

any other questions, ask me

now ima go catch up on teh rp

Tai-Sama
01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Titles are titles, and since he can still be beaten, I don't see a real problem. I mean if you want me to make a reference, Brock was also a Gym Leader...so...yeah.

he isn't really OP, in fact ice types can take care of his team in very few hits.

Gsarge
01-19-2010, 06:39 AM
This is about a bunch (8 - 10) of beginning Pokemon trainers/Coordinators As they make each of their own ways through Hoenn. Some will form groups, others may join Team Aqua, Magma, or the more elusive Cypher (From Pokemon Colloseum; The ones that make Shadow Pokemon). What they don't know is that they are all here for a purpose. And what is that purpose? They must find the prophecy themselves.

What part about being a gym trainer means your character is a beginner? Also what beginners have 3rd stage pokemon? All I'm saying is your character seems to have been around far too many places to be a beginner most of the trainers seem to be set as trainers that got a late start or trained a long time in areas with weak pokemon.

It also seems your character is too old.

Almost_Blue
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Updating my OOCness xD

Pokemon Species: Stantler
Pokemon Name: Stantler
Pokemon Moves: (Known to Eve: Disable) (Unknown to Eve: Foresight, Takedown, Bounce.)

Wil Grieve
02-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Name: Tierney Dorman
Personality: Tierney is, in many ways, a mannequin to those who know him well enough. He has an expression that, like sculpture, can accept multiple interpretations equally. The commoners call it mischief; the elite call it daring. His sense of style is impeccable (he does live on Dewford Island, after all - the seeming origin point of all Hoenn trends), though he often manages to balance function with form nicely. He is completely capable of keeping a secret, though he gets giddy at the prospect of obtaining permission to reveal one. Outdoorsy stuff isn't his forte, if his reluctance to surf like his sisters is any indicator. His mind is always on something, though he is scary good at pretending nothing's wrong. He is also gullible, and sometimes makes dumb decisions knowing full well that the consequences are undesirable.
History/Bio: Tierney was born in Dewford Town, where he had a fairly normal childhood. He had two older sisters, both local surfing phenomenons. Living in a house with mostly women (the only other man was his father, who often stayed in his office, even taking meals in there), certain behavioral traits manifested. For example, he had always been known as the best-dressed male on the island. He picked up on most of the trends that passed through the small town of Dewford, and often contributed his own as well. His grades in school were above average, and while he wasn't the most popular guy in their incredibly small education center, he was well-known.

When he was 15, he started to develop a friendly rivalry with the son of a local merchant, a troublesome youth who often referred to himself as the Prince of Dewford Island. Though arrogant, the self-proclaimed noble hit it off well with Tierney. The older boy, a dark-haired adolescent by the name of Grid Teva, lived on the north end of the island with his father, who ran most of the shops in town, and an old Absol named Pandora. Pandora later laid two eggs. Once the two hatched, Grid vanished along with one of the babies. Unsure of what to do with the other Absol, Grid's father entrusted it as a pet to Tierney, who never even imagined becoming a trainer. Absol grew to be rather strong, and it bothered Tierney that such potential was being wasted by forcing the animal into subservience for the purposes of human companionship. It wasn't happy unless it was battling. So, at age 16, Tierney and Absol went on an exploratory journey around the island's wilds. Tierney went into the woods with five freshly-purchased Poké Balls, but came back with only a single catch. The Wingull now fastened tightly to his belt would become a powerful ally for him later on.

A few months after his 17th birthday, a sailor docked at the pier while Tierney was out exploring with Absol. The sailor seemed to be an experienced bloke, helming a Gyarados instead of a boat. It was automatically assumed by the townspeople that he was there for a battle with Brawly, the town's League-certified Gym Leader. As it turned out, he was just a wild spirit, going wherever the wind guided him. The sailor, Jagger, liked the island so much that he set himself up a secret base in the cliffside. He lived there for months until deciding that he'd been rooted for too long. Having become rather fond of Tierney, he offered to take him along on his adventures. The youth accepted, wanting nothing more than to take his two Pokémon out to train. Well, almost nothing more. Deep within, the desire to find Grid was too overwhelming for him to ignore. That was the true purpose for his departure.
Other: Nothing in particular sticks out.
Appearance: His soft, pale skin is almost flawless, and his blue eyes almost supernaturally contrast his short chocolate hair. He has soft features, but a narrow chin and has to shave frequently to prevent looking like a hobo. Despite this, the brush of puberty has been gentle with Tierney, allowing him a boyish, youthful face and a light amount of body hair, less intensely colored than the dark locks on his head. Even though he doesn't like too much sun, he still manages to maintain a similar body structure to most of the island's inhabitants. Lean muscle pulses just beneath his white skin thanks to a personal workout regimen.

Pokemon Species: Wingull
Pokemon Name: N/A
Pokemon Moves: Water Gun, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Mist

Pokemon Species: Absol
Pokemon Name: N/A
Pokemon Moves: Megahorn, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat, Quick Attack

Gsarge
02-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Um I hate to sound like a total ass, but you really need to wait until the GM tells you that your rp character is accepted before you just jump with a character in an rp. If you have been oked. Well, then I'm dumb and the GM needs to post that kind of info in the OOC.

A_B why not just link to your update profile and point out what has changed?

Levias
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Accepted, allz of you whom has applied.

Gsarge
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Wait what?! Did you look at Tai's? He's not even the right age and he's a gym leader with a fully evolved 3 stage no baby form pokemon!

How is he a beginner? How does he not have a five up advantage over every other trainer? His only weakness is ice pokemon that none of us have any way to get access to!

mcstringer
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Just to point out.

Posion types are weak to Ground and Psychic types. Flying are weak to Electric, Ice, and Rock type moves. Ground are weak to Ice, Grass, and Water types. Both pokemon evolve by non-leveling means. Nidoking evolves by Moon Stone and Gliscor elvoves with a Gligar holding a Razor Fang at nigh and levels up.

Gsarge
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
EX it's a Nidoking and a Gliscor. You showing the non-leveling means that they evolve only makes it that much harder to believe that a beginning pokemon trainer would have them and since lvl seems to have no bearing on they way the battles in the rp work, he's still a significant advantage. As well as Nidorino[I'm sure it's not spelt right] is still a stage 2 pokemon that is level based and so it's at least in the 16 range.

Not to mention that his pokemon each have more than four moves, I still think that puts me well within being upset that an over aged, gym leader of a pokemon trainer that claims to be a beginner when both of his pokemon know earthquake and more than four moves. Why did I have to obey character creation rules but this person didn't?

It's bad enough that the person that made this rp admitted that he no longer cares and that after he made this rp and got players and set up the IC he then "promptly forgot it." Now he doesn't even take the time to read over before saying that all who applied are oked because if he had he would see that one character breaks at least 2 rules one being he's too old and the other being his pokemon have more than four moves most of them being high level attacks that no beginner's pokemon are going to have. Ya know if the GM that had the whole story idea in his head is no longer interested why should any of us be? I think that would mean it's just time for this rp to go into the recycle box.

Wil Grieve
02-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry to offend, Gsarge. Looking back, I realized I am in error; I received a PM regarding the profile after posting from someone who I assumed passively was the GM. They were impressed and I assumed that meant approval. Turns out, wasn't even a GM. Silly me.

I also object to having a gym leader character running around. "Gym leader" and "beginner" are mutually exclusive, and directly violates...what, the first sentence in this topic describing the game?

Gsarge
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Wil, I really have nothing wrong with the gun jumping. It happens and your character is well within the rules of character creation and I'm pretty sure Tai's lost all interest in playing by now anyway, but it was just the sweeping accept that implies that Levais has something so much more urgent that he can't be bothered to read the other first character post and then with making that "Accepted, allz of you whom has applied. " would mean that he just oked an oped trainer that's over aged, a gym leader, but oh he's a beginner so it's ok. Is bs and comes from the simple fact he's too busy with his three other normal rps and however many 1x1 that he can't be bothered by us.

Gsarge
02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok well it doesn't seem to matter any more as it seems I have been told by Levias to GM the rp now. Great now to figure out some kind of over-story to give people something to do and as my first act of GMing Tai's character does not fit the rules so he's not usable in the rp.

Bia
02-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Yaaayyyzzz :pokeball:

Wil Grieve
02-03-2010, 01:32 AM
I was actually going to suggest that someone in here step up to the GM job. Gsarge, if you need any story ideas I can probably come up with a few to bounce off of you.

Bia
02-03-2010, 02:05 AM
OH and just so y'all know, I'm still here, just along for the ride :)

Gsarge
02-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Sure Wil if anyone has an idea it's more than fine to drop me a line.

Wil Grieve
02-04-2010, 01:10 AM
To those who're still here: I've submitted plot ideas to Gsarge, and he has Levias' original plan as well. Hopefully sometime soon we can get this started, although it might be under a different thread.

Almost_Blue
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Sorry to offend, Gsarge. Looking back, I realized I am in error; I received a PM regarding the profile after posting from someone who I assumed passively was the GM. They were impressed and I assumed that meant approval. Turns out, wasn't even a GM. Silly me.

I also object to having a gym leader character running around. "Gym leader" and "beginner" are mutually exclusive, and directly violates...what, the first sentence in this topic describing the game?

Yeah..sorry -shifty eyes-
I didn't mean to confuse xD

I was actually preparing to post again, but seeing the status now, a question comes to mind.. should I just wait to see if we get a new thread?.

Wil Grieve
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I already have half of a new post going, and I'm waiting on Gsarge before I post it. If he goes with my suggestion, then posting wouldn't really do any harm.

Wil Grieve
02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
It doesn't look like anything's happening here. Is anyone else still interested? I'd be willing to start up another Pokémon thread if people still want a Pokémon RP.

XunknownX
02-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Gah! Well crud... looks like I still can't program my brain to remember here easily... if anything I missed plenty of OOC stuff...

It probably doesn't matter for me to say, but I'd still be interested. Not like I'm having any luck finding any others...

Gsarge
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Ok well one major change is we are going to change the setting to a large island that uses Steampunk tech. We thought it would be a better idea to either go big and make a new place than revisit an old one.

Wil Grieve
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
That and a new place would put us all in the general vicinity of one another. This allows us to actually progress the RP as opposed to all of us picking different corners of Hoenn and RPing by ourselves out there.

XunknownX
02-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh, cool... um... but what's 'steampunk' like, exactly..? [/dumb] ^^;

Should I just wait and see?

Gsarge
02-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Think like steam somehow managing to trump electricity as the primary energy source of all machines.

Wil Grieve
02-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Steampunk is really neat. I'm a huge fan of the aesthetic and have a lot of steampunk-reminiscent music on my iPod (Vernian Process, Abney Park, lots of stuff. Also Jill Tracy and the Malcontent Orchestra)

Gsarge
02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Ok so I guess what I need is a full head count of everyone that was in this rp that's still interested in playing.

Almost_Blue
02-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately it's 'off with my head', for this certain RP..
I had enjoyed where it was going when it was an actual pokemon world..but now that you're changing it to something that I would never had joined in the first place.. xD (As interesting as a steampunk pokemon rp sounds:lick:)

So yeah..count me out, sorry guys <3
Hopefully we can have a sweet rp together (pkmn or not) in the future~ :3

Bia
02-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Idk what Steampunk is still, but I'm willing to try anything so you can count me in.

nona
02-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Aaaah, bummer, looks like this roleplay is getting ready to end or something? Darn, I rather like pokemon. *chuckles*