PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse RP (M)

Vampirequeen
08-16-2011, 02:05 PM
This roleplay will be rated Mature for violence, blood, and the possibility of other adult situations.

This RP is closed as there are enough members. If any more spots open up, I will re-open the RP.

This roleplay was inspired by music from the Nox Arcana album Zombie Influx, which basically tells the story of a zombie apocalypse. The album tells the story of a zombie apocalypse through the use of music and radio reports about the event. As a result, the music and reports from the album may be used to enhance this roleplay.

The roleplay will take place in a small town that was hit with radiation from an unknown source. The radiation will somehow bring the town's dead back to life in the form of zombies. The roleplay will start with the radiation hitting the town and bringing the dead back to life.

Everyone will start out as a human being who lives in the small college town of New Paltz, New York. If anyone's character gets zombified, they will be allowed to continue to play as a zombie. Also, there will be two types of zombies, which will be explained below.

These are the zombies that rose from their graves when the radiation hit the town. These zombies can only walk and are only dangerous in groups, as they have been dead for a long period of time. The Old Zombies will be NPCs since everyone will start out as humans.

These are the zombies that have been turned by the Old Zombies. The New Zombies can run, climb, jump, and do the same things that regular humans can do, as they were still alive when they became zombies. These zombies will be played by PC who started out as humans and then became zombies. There will also be a few NPC New Zombies.

Since I played a game called Humans vs. Zombies in college, I will invite the members to the game to join this roleplay, so hopefully we'll get a fair amount of members.

Rules:

1. No one liners
2. No godmodding
3. No killing or controlling another person's character
4. Co-op posts are suggested if anyone wants to be zombified by a PC zombie
5. Please let me know if you won't be online for a while
6. There is no posting order, so post as many times as you like
7. Use a timeskip for any sex scenes
8. If a character is younger than 18, they cannot be involved in anything sexual
9. HAVE FUN!!

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: (Description or picture, no anime pictures)
Weapon(s):
Personality:
Background:
Other: (optional)

SandQueen
08-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Interested.

What part of the country is the town located?

Vampirequeen
08-16-2011, 02:17 PM
I was thinking that it could be a town in any part of the U.S, although I was debating on having it take place in a fictional town in my home state while I was working on the first post. I'll put a little more thought into it, but if you or anyone else has a suggestion on a place, just let me know!

SandQueen
08-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I was thinking that it could be a town in any part of the U.S, although I was debating on having it take place in a fictional town in my home state while I was working on the first post. I'll put a little more thought into it, but if you or anyone else has a suggestion on a place, just let me know!

I'm not making any demands as to location but I'd just like to get a feel for general area or state. It helps me flesh out a character.

Because if this is set in the middle of West Texas I'm going to make a very different character than if it's set in Burlington Vermont.

Vampirequeen
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh. That's fine. I'll try to figure something out.

Higurashi
08-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Name: Max Archer
Appearance: http://mswiley2508.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/orlando-bloom-police-officer-01.jpg
Weapon(s): Glock 22, Police Baton, 12 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun
Personality: Max is a generally striaghtforward young man. He has a strong sense of justice, and can't stand to not get involved in a fight. While prefering to not use deadly force in his job, he will if neccesary. Off-duty, he is generally pretty sociable if a bit controlling.
Background: Max was born out west. He moved to our current town for a change of scenery. he has never married, though he often had girlfriends.
Other: He specializes in Hand to hand combat, having taken many courses, and actually used it.

Vampirequeen
08-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Accepted!

I've decided that the roleplay will take place in either a town in Connecticut (my home state) or a small college town in the state of New York (it would be based on the town that I go to college in). I'll try to figure it out as the day goes on.

TheBaron
08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Will get my bio up soon

Epostle
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
You know I'm going to participate in this.

Vampirequeen
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM
The more the merrier!

Mr. FNG
08-17-2011, 04:20 AM
Could i possibly join this RP? I've been ACHING to join a zombie roleplay for a long time!

EDIT: One thing; could there be a possibility for mutations for PC zombie characters? I think that'd be rather fun ^.^ Instead of being just another 'normal' zombie. Just one mutation though, such as ONLY the ability to climb on walls, or ONLY a mutation resulting in extremely thick hide.

Just an idea, and only if all of you are interested in it XD Either way, mutants or normal zombies, i'm in if you'll let me ^_^

Vampirequeen
08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Of course you can join!

Also, I LOVE your mutation idea. Thank you for the suggestion.

I have decided that this roleplay will take place in the small college town of New Paltz, New York.

Mr. FNG
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Okay, thanks! I'll create my character sheet right now then ^_^ (I already know what mutation my character will have if he turns zombie XD)

New Paltz? Indeed ^.^

Question:
How resistant are these zombies to damage? Head shot only? Shot anywhere? Bucket of bullets anywhere?

Mr. FNG
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Name: Not known; He is simply known as "Flip" [Fake ID : Alexander Micheals]

Appearance:
Clothing
-Black Tank-Top
-Black zip-up hoodie with sleeves cut off at the elbows
-Wears a lower face mask that is painted pitch black, with a crooked smile painted in white over the black layer
Flip's mask (http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyN96XrP9gndr0-USKxBvxjXcLYimQGiuKcZmvwe4MfJ_nUS4x)
-Wears dark blue jeans, with a hole above the left knee
-Black shoes
-Torn red bandana around his right shoulder

Physical Characteristics
-Five feet, Seven and a half inches tall
-Shaven head, but the hair is growing back, resulting in very light hair (black)
-Scar on his right shoulder (linear, horizontal) and scar over his right cheek (curved, vertical)
-Lightly tanned complexion
-Hazel eyes
-Slightly muscular build

Weapon(s):
-A pack (4) of small, two-inch throwing knifes on his left shoulder
-Five-inch knife he keeps in a sheathe hidden underneath the left side of his hoodie's chest area

Personality:
-Intelligent
-Logical
-Personal education regarding Psychology
-Somewhat a loner, though he'll join a group when it is in his best interests (Reason for joining Blood Pack)
-Somewhat aggressive, but tends to try and resolve things peacefully
--If he doesn't know someone very well, tends to be more on the aggressive
side, preferring not to take chances

Background:
Flip was born into a fairly standard family in New Paltz, in a fairly unusual way. He was one of those very rare cases, where his parents didn’t know they were pregnant. As such, when he was born his parents decided that they’d rather move away from New Paltz instead of dealing with the responsibility of raising a child. He was put into an adoption center, and raised there. Due to his fondness for climbing on things and then flipping off of them, he was given the nickname “Flip”. When he was 10, Flip was adopted by an individual known as Rainz. Unbeknownst to Flip, Rainz was finding as many “impressionable” young teenagers as he could to form a small gang in New York City, which he called the “Blood Pack”. These teens were part of Rainz’s muscle there, and were trained in guerilla warfare, with knives and pistols, and the ease of movement available from the art of parkour. They mainly worked in “protection” scams, interrogations, and, as Rainz put it, the “elimination of unwelcome visitors to my fair city”. It was during one of these missions that Flip left the gang, wanting to get as far from the chaos and blood it was a part of. He left when he was 15.

Flip drifted from town to town afterwards, trying to find a place to settle down, but being hunted by his former colleagues right when he got comfortable in his new home. This journey finally took Flip to New Paltz, where he has finally settled down in a fairly good apartment he secured with a fake ID, and has spent the past four months working at a nearby Fast-Food joint.

Specializations (Skills):
- Highly Skilled with Knives
- Is quite adept at free-running/parkour
- Exceptionally skilled with pistols
- Skilled in the use of SMGs, though he hasn’t had many chances to use them
- Adept in the use of scoped/unscoped bolt action rifles (He used to hunt)
- Adept lock-picker/safe cracker

Weaknesses:
- Has no experience with “long guns” such as Assault Rifles and Shotguns
- Has little technological experience
- Average hand-to-hand skills

Vampirequeen
08-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Accepted! I had an idea about the zombification process, but it hasn't been finalized yet. When it is, I'll post the info in the first post, along with whatever I figure out regarding the ways to stop the zombies.

Also, I would suggest that everyone look up New Paltz on Wikipedia so there is some familiarity with the village and possibly the college, as I will probably make a few references to them, since I'm a student at the college there.

Mr. FNG
08-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Allright, cool, Thanks for clearing that up Mrs. Weaving ^_^

Looked it up; fairly small town isnt it? XD. I'm assuming there isn't much else around it right? Hahahah XD Perfect setting for zombies O.o

Vampirequeen
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Exactly.

Frallon
08-19-2011, 04:34 AM
I'll join up if I'm welcome to do so. Don't think I've spoiled my reputation yet. :)
Character Sheet

Name: Jacob Klutz
Appearance: 5'11", 160lbs, Caucasian, thin, non-athletic, kind face, blue eyes, subtle chin and cheek bones, small ears, buzzed short brown hair. Plain black shirt, faded blue jeans, and black shoes.
Weapon(s): N/A
Personality: Quiet and typical. Very down to earth. Loves knowledge and reading. A realist as well as an Atheist. Finished high school by the bare of his teeth and decided against pursuing college in order to stay at home another year to work. Wants enough money to move out, become independent, and work for a living. A need to earn others respect but trapped in a manner of which is too shy to take that action.
Background: Moved to New York his Sophomore year of college due to a new job obtained by his father in the city. Lives with both his parents, while his father is home off business, in a small one story house down the street from Barner's where Jacob spent most of his time out of the house. He loved standing about the shop, left alone, reading stories on the counter of the shop opposed to paying attention in school. And thus, after multiple failures in school, began to improve himself late into his junior year as to keep his parents from pulling his past time. Managed to graduate, although nothing spectacular in chair seatings, and after school ended up alone in the town; everyone off to college. So, he spends his days in the store, employed, saving up to move into the big city for awhile and tread water with the rest of society.
Other: 49cc Gas Petal Moped Bike.

Vampirequeen
08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Accepted!

Mr. FNG
08-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Sweet XD. So Mrs. Weaving, what kind of player count we looking for before we start?

Vampirequeen
08-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I'd say 5 or so, but I'll keep it open in case other people want to join in later on.

Mr. FNG
08-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Allright, works for me =). I can't wait for this to start! XD. Until it does, i shall wait patiently ^_^ *assumes patient stance. . . Whatever that looks like*

Epostle
08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Name: Dominic Versetti

Appearance: Blonde short hair, hazel eyes, black suit, black hat, black shoes, and a black hat.
Stand around 6ft, 180lbs, nice and trimmed.

Weapon(s): M14 Silenced with ACOG Scope (completely black) and a Bowie Knife (with a cross in the middle of the blade and vines running down it).
Personality: He’s very friendly and very caring if you’re on his good side. When you’re on his bad side however, things happen. He doesn’t like what he does and does it well, though he chooses not to openly speak about it. He likes to cut up and joke around. He has a particular weak spot when it comes to women however, at times. He can be welcoming to new people as long as they don’t get in his way. He will follow to gain any needs he wants to gain. Now that a zombie apocalypse has happened, there’s everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Background: His parents were big time drunks. At the age of 16, they forced him out of his home, forcing him to get an underpaying job, and living in a shack. One day however, he was made a deal by a suspicious man, “I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.” Ever since then, he has killed a few people. Not because he wanted to, but it was so he could survive. After a while, he became really rich for doing it, and was considered the top hit-man for the mafia. He never missed his target. Ever since this apocalypse however, everything has changed.

Other: Carries a hug briefcase that conceals his M14 and attachments. This briefcase is light, but is incredibly hard.

Vampirequeen
08-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice character! Accepted!

TheBaron
08-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Name: Edmund Midas

Appearance:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7xjo1LXT11qd1toho1_500.png

Weapon(s):

http://rkbureau.free.fr/katana%20kenshin%2006.jpg
http://www.1sks.com/images/mod/mod-cqd5.jpg
http://www.miltecharms.com/sniper2.jpg

Personality:
Edmund is sporadic. He likes doing things randomly at random times, and calling him ADD, ADHD, or whatever wouldn't be to much of a stretch. He is incredibly kind, and stubborn as all hell. He loves cats and he loved Jasper. On that note he pretty much only trusted Jasper, and 'kitties' as he likes to call them. He can be serious if the need arises but is always eager to break the tension. He loathes tense standoff. As they are a huge emotional trigger for him. The remind him to much of a broken home left behind. He is funny and loves playing little practical jokes. Nothing to harmful, but something that is sure to bring out a laugh. Also in essence he is kind of like a child, having never been able to fully recover from the traumas of his childhood, but to say he hasn't grown up at all would be a stretch. Now after Jaspers death he is on the surface the same. However, on this inside he is slowly dying of a broken heart.

Background:
Edmund was born in one of the poorest sections of New York into a family that was broken long before he was born and in fact his birth only made their situation worse. Babies aren't exactly known for being frugal after all. From early on in his life he quickly realized that his parents were not like other parents, in the fact that they hated each other and they hated their children, and in fact he always wondered why his parents bothered having him. The third child in the family. His oldest brother who acted as his protector told him that the reason that his parents stay together and the reason they had him was simply because misery in all of its wonderful forms loves company. His life progressed with this same pattern though thankfully his parents did not have any more kids. He learned to avoid his parents when they were drunk. Especially his father who would liberally dole out physical punishment for the slightest infraction and that he had to protect his sister at all costs even though she was older than him.

Then it all changed. His brother was killed by his father in fact and by accident no less. They had been arguing and his father the violent and deadly strong man he was had hit the sixteen year old boy in the head and killed him. His mother in one of her rare moments of decency had panicked and attacked his father. He beat her into submission in time for the police to arrive. Their neighbors had heard the screams and the shouts which were so much louder and angrier than usual and had called the police. His father after a short trail was sentenced to life in prison no chance of parol. His mother it seemed began a steady decline in both health and morality. She abused who two remaining children until the day she died eight years later.

However, before she died Edmund after his brothers death took on his brothers role of protector. He cared for his sister who was in every sense of the word a good person, and Edmund will always maintain that she more than anyone else he has or ever will meet deserved a better life than the one she had up until her death, and that somehow until that unfortunate day came she remained one of the kindest, most beautiful people he had ever met. But things being what they are, just shows how reality is truly cruel teacher. Now, he and his sister managed to live comfortably together for about six years. He brought in all the income that kept them alive and she did what she could, where she could. However, for those seven years they were for the first time in their lives happy. Unfortunately, it appeared that some force, for some reason had it out for his sister and for Edmund, because around the end of that sixth year she got sick. He took her to the hospital where he would later meet Jasper, and it was in that hospital that she died. Then there was nothing.

Edmund managed to live for only half a year by himself before the depression over took him. It was a gradual thing you see. It slowly consumed him. It was slow yes but it took him body and soul, and for the next six months he lived a half life for lack of a better term. He had finally been broken by the death of his sister. For to him she had been his entire world for so long, and with that taken from him he started to convince himself that there was no reason to live. No reason to keep trying. He had started cutting himself soon after the depression took him and soon his wrists and hands became infected to the point where he couldn't work. This was near the end of the year and about a year since she had died. He finally roused himself for fear of starving to death to go to the hospital. Of course the only one that could take him and was conveniently located was the one where his sister had died.

When he got them hands aching yet numb from the cold he stared up at the imposing building at couldn't even muster up the energy to find a reason to not enter the building. When he finally got through the standard procedure of checking in he found himself being attended to by a extremely handsome doctor, it was of course Jasper. Edmund had been with both guys and girls in his life so far but none could compare in looks to this man and he found himself feeling oddly shy when speaking to him and answering his questions. The man treated his hands with a swift and careful expertise which Edmund found intriguing. After the doctor was done. Edmund asked him he would like to go get a drink with him later. Dr. Seelie as he was at that point took a step back at that point and looked him up and down subtly. Edmund noticed and almost grinned to himself. He was pretty sure this guy was gay. Anyway, the good doctor agreed and introduced himself as Jasper and after that they have been together for all the three years since their meeting.

Edmund it seemed was finally able to move on in a sense, though he would never truly forget what had happened in his life up to this point. They lived separately for only about three months. Finally Jasper had put his foot down. He hated the place where Edmund lived and Edmund couldn't really find anything to tie himself to the place either. Too many bad memories. He had actually been wanting to move in with Jasper for a while but had been to shy to ask, and he felt that asking would be rude anyway. Soon after he moved in with Jasper he took up writing, painting, and drawing, only because Jasper gave him a room to do so. It didn't take him long to get his stuff published which surprised them both. Jasper was surprised that he had been able to get it done so quickly and Edmund was surprised that anyone wanted to read it. However, secretly Edmund breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad that he could now contribute to living with Jasper, he hated feeling like a mooch.

So they lived together as quietly as anyone could live with Edmund. Until about a month ago when Jasper had gotten his license revoked indefinitely for the unavoidable death of a high ranking board member on the table. He had come home looking furious and when Edmund finally got a answer out of him and he found out what had happened smiled gently at Jasper. "We will just have to adjust how much we spend." It soon became apparent that Edmund simply would not make enough money to pay the pricey monthly rent of the apparent and they decided to move to the lowest income place they possibly could, and that was how they ended up in the complex. They lived there happily for a while before the outbreak started. Now, Jasper is dead, Edmund had to kill him, and so this man who has no wish to survive is surviving in this the Zombie Apocalypse.

Vampirequeen
08-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Accepted! I'll try to start the IC soon, but it will have to wait until later since a friend is going to be visiting my dorm soon. Also, I would appreciate it if we had a few female characters in this roleplay.

TheBaron
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I can make one if no one else joins.

Vampirequeen
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm going to play one or two female characters.

Mr. FNG
08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
I could possibly edit my character to make him female if you want. Just some minor changes of course ^^

Vampirequeen
08-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the offer, but you and the people who have already created their characters don't need to change their characters. The roleplay will be open to new members for a while, so if there aren't that many females when the IC goes up, there's nothing to worry about.

Also, I will still accept male characters, but I would like a few more females.

Mr. FNG
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh okay, if you insist Mrs. Weaving ^.^ Can't wait for this to start =D

Vampirequeen
08-23-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll try to get the IC up soon.

Vampirequeen
08-27-2011, 03:21 AM
I know I'm double posting, but I have some updates.

A few days ago, I was wondering how I would use the first two tracks of the Nox Arcana album that gave me the idea for this roleplay because the first track is music and the second track is supposed to be the radiation that caused the dead to become zombies. I couldn't figure out how to keep to two tracks in order while having the first post be about the dead rising from their graves, so I put the music idea aside so it wouldn't run the whole roleplay. Then, while I was on the bus ride to a mall that's a few towns away from my college, I started writing a poem that would be kind of a summary of the roleplay. While I was thinking about things to write in the poem, I had a really cool idea for the roleplay.

Instead of making the first IC post be about the zombies, I'm thinking about making it be about the village of New Paltz and my character or characters. After I make that post, I'll wait about a week or so and then I'll write a post about the zombies.

After I get the first IC post up, feel free to post whenever you want.

Alanoth
08-27-2011, 03:28 AM
is there still a spot for me to join up?

Vampirequeen
08-27-2011, 03:29 AM
Of course!

Epostle
08-30-2011, 06:11 PM
I can't wait for this to start up. It's gonna be amazing.

Fox Xalian
08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Name: Tamara Holub
Appearance: Shoulder length strawberry blond hair, brown eyes, although she wears contacts (slight vision problems, the contacts are corrective) that make her eyes look orange. She wears a blue shirt and red tartan skirt. She also has her kevlar vest.
Weapon(s): Tar-21, Eagle 50 (more commonly called a Desert Eagle)
Personality: Protective of her friends. Shy. Slightly bossy (commanding officer type bossy).
Background: Tamara, or Tama as her close friends and family get to call her, grew up in Washington D.C after her parents and twin sister moved there from Ukraine. Her twin later became mute from a car crash at 9 years of age. She helped her learn to talk again at 18. She bacame a couter-terrorist agent not long after that.
Other: She drives a Audi R8 with kevlar panels and the red and blue lights that the FBI has in most of it's cars.

I was going to do two but I changed my mind.

Vampirequeen
09-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Accepted! I'd work on my character sheet now, but I think I'll go get breakfast in a few minutes.

Mr. FNG
09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
*barely holds in excitement* O.O

Vampirequeen
09-04-2011, 07:23 PM
It's coming, it's coming. Also, Fox Xalian will be my co-GM since he has given me so much help regarding the creation of the zombies and the spreading of the virus that turns people into zombies.

Also, I'm going to start working on a character sheet.

Name: Stephanie Badick
Appearance: Brown hair and brown eyes. She usually wears shirts and skirts. She wears black and gray gladiator sandals and occasionally wears sweaters or hats. She rarely goes outside without her sunglasses.
Weapon(s): None yet
Personality: Shy, quiet, kind.
Background: Stephanie is a student at the college that is located in New Paltz. She was born and raised in the state of Connecticut, and she fell in love with the college in New Paltz when she first visited it.
Other: Has a crush on a boy names Patrick (he'll be an NPC). She doesn't know that David (my other character) has a crush on her.

More details may be added later.

I'm also going to get the character sheet for my other character up soon. I decided to make this one a male instead of a female. Also, be prepared to be surprised by this character!

Vampirequeen
09-06-2011, 08:20 PM
This is my other character.

Name: David Grant
Appearance: Average height, has shoulder length black hair and blue eyes. He has black vines tattooed on his arms that wrap around the arms from his wrists to his shoulders. He also has the number 420 tattooed on his left shoulder and he has a marijuana leaf tattooed on his right shoulder. The right side of his lip is pierced. He usually wears black pants, black boots, either a black T-shirt or a black tank top, and he occasionally wears a black hoodie.

Weapon(s): None yet.
Personality: Always calm.

Background: David was born and raised in the city of Poughkeepsie, New York. After graduating from high school, he left Poughkeepsie and went to New Paltz to attend the college that is located in the village. During his freshman year, he lived in the same residence hall as Stephanie and they were in two classes during the first semester and one class during the second semester. During the second semester of his freshman year, David began to hang out with some shady characters. His father died during summer vacation and a combination of grief and the influence of a college friend who lived in Poughkeepsie led to him using marijuana. He is currently a sophomore in college and he continues to smoke marijuana.

Other: Secretly has a crush on Stephanie. At 4:20 PM on any day of the week, David can be found smoking a bong somewhere on campus.

Frallon
09-07-2011, 02:10 PM
So the twist I take it is that he's a user? Well, in terms of the Zombie Apocalypse, at least its pot and not rock; granted he'll probably get strung out

Vampirequeen
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
lol.

Perhaps. All I know is that he probably won't have a very good relationship with H's character.

Epostle
09-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Wait, is the IC up?

Vampirequeen
09-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Not yet. Fox and I have to finalize some stuff and I need to add some stuff to the 1st OOC post and then I'll start working on the IC. I'll try to have it up by the weekend or sometime next week.

Mr. FNG
09-08-2011, 03:49 AM
Sweet! Im glad you are taking your time =). Should be even better =D

Epostle
09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Lol FNG.

SandQueen
09-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Name: Susan Jane Hudson

Appearance:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2347/thekingdommovieimagejen.jpg

Choice of weapons:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2074/m82a1.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6741/suppressed.jpg

-Barrett M82A1: Chambered to fire beastly .50 caliber shells, holding 10 rounds per magazine, and weighing in at over thirty pounds this nightmare of a rifle allows Jane to fulfill her role as the squad's designated Markswoman. It's tremendous range allows her to provide overwatch for police activities from a considerable distance. It can also be used to engage vehicles from a stationary position or from an aerial mounting on a helicopter. It is equipped With a high magnification Bushnell scope and an AAC Cyclops suppressor

-Heckler and Koch USP Compact: This compact but chunky weapon is chambered in .45ACP and holds eight rounds. It is fitted with a suppressor which works exceptionally well with the caliber (.45ACP travels at Subsonic speeds). What it lacks in capacity it makes up for in its ability to be concealed and its ease of use.

Equipment:
Backpack with:
-6 additional magazines for the Barrett
-3 spools of gauze bandages
-2 spools of medical tape
-1 cleaning kit
-1 set of binoculars
-3 road flares
-6 chemical glow sticks
-10 zip ties
-50ft of Nylon rope
-an assortment of climbing pitons and carabiners

Across her body she carries:
-thigh holster for her USP
-Webbing on her left thigh containing five additional magazines for her USP
-Tactical vest with squad-level communication equipment, 2x flash bang grenades, and a purple smoke grenade

Personality: Helpful, friendly, optimistic. Jane has been verbally reprimanded three times for being too talkative over the radios. Great with animals, especially dogs.

Brief Background:

Jane grew up in a quite suburb outside of Denver, Colorado. When she grew up she attended Princeton with the hopes of becoming a Lawyer but failed to pass the Bar exam. Her education did more than qualify her for any Police Department in the country. She blew through the academy and displayed an above average talent with rifles, particularly in long range shooting.

In her first years she worked closely in the K-9 division and became very close with a Belgian Malinois named Scud. Following her participation in a number of very successful narcotics raids she was recruited into SWAT. First as a part time animal handler and then as a full time markswoman.

Vampirequeen
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Accepted!

Fox Xalian
09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Sweet! We have a sniper (SandQueens character) and an assault person who'll be at the front and kicking down doors! (my character) Looks like we have our guards lol

Vampirequeen
09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
lol.

And then we have two college students, one of whom is a stoner. The friend who gave my some help with the stoner character and I are already talking about how interesting things will be when the stoner gets zombified. A zombie with the munchies will either be really entertaining or really dangerous. lol

Epostle
09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Lol, my character is a Hitman :P. This is going to be crazy as hell but at the same time flow together so easily.

Fox Xalian
09-08-2011, 06:01 PM
We have so many trained gunmen (well gunwomen in two of the cases) it's not funny. We should be fine for long and medium range engagments. Actually I'll put my second one up.

Vampirequeen
09-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Yay!

SandQueen
09-08-2011, 09:04 PM
We have so many trained gunmen (well gunwomen in two of the cases) it's not funny. We should be fine for long and medium range engagments. Actually I'll put my second one up.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Think about the group assembled:

24 year old beat cop

21 year old hitman

28 year old artist with a flare for antiquated blades and rifles

An FBI agent that's way too young and carrying equipment that as far from standard as you can get

a 36 year old designated markswoman.

So the way I'm seeing this is my character drafting the cop into service, arresting the hitman, keeping the artist at arms length, and stonewalling the FBI agent for appearing less than legit.

Fox Xalian
09-09-2011, 05:19 PM
An FBI agent that's way too young and carrying equipment that as far from standard as you can get

Well since you seem to have a problem with my character I'll change her...or take her out and put in my weaponless martial arts (kick boxing to be exact) girl.

Vampirequeen
09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Think about the group assembled:

24 year old beat cop

21 year old hitman

28 year old artist with a flare for antiquated blades and rifles

a 36 year old designated markswoman.

So the way I'm seeing this is my character drafting the cop into service, arresting the hitman, keeping the artist at arms length, and stonewalling the FBI agent for appearing less than legit.

I highly doubt that the age, experince, occupation, and/or weapons of the characters will matter once the zombies trap them somewhere and their main focus is survival. Every character will no doubt help the group in some way (even my stoner character may do something good).

SandQueen
09-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Well since you seem to have a problem with my character I'll change her...or take her out and put in my weaponless martial arts (kick boxing to be exact) girl.

I would change the following:

1) Add five years to her age. The FBI requires a college degree and usually prior law enforcement experience, especially for field agents. 21 barely qualifies you for the first.

2) Swap the Tavor for an M4. Outside of Israel the only places you're going to find large numbers of TAR-21s is Thailand and India and they're not used in the US at all. Whereas the FBI does make extensive use of the Colt M4A1. If you were going for a close quarters loadout then I'd rock a 10", such as the kind you'd find with a CAR-15. With a rail system you could add a Vertical Foregrip or an AFG, an illuminator, and perhaps an EOTech for rapid target acquisition for close to medium range threats. As for a stock you could go with a conventional telescoping stock as found on all M4s or swap it for a Magpul CTR. Definitely with a single point sling as well.

3) Swap the Desert Eagle for, well, anything else. No military or police group has EVER used the Desert Eagle. The FBI issues the Glock 22 in .40 Smith and Wesson to everyone that completes the Academy. They also allow Special Agents to purchase and carry a Glock 21 in .45ACP if they can qualify with it. Alternatively if you wanted her to be a member of the HRT she'd carry a Springfield 1911.

I would never ask someone to make a hand to hand based character in a zombie campaign even if I was the GM. Zombies, from an animalistic slant, are only a threat if you can't outrun them. Because the whole of their lethality is centered around biting and grabbing. They lack the brain function to set up things like ambushes or make use of tools so as long as you've got range on your side and don't piss all your ammunition away you'll be fine. Getting into a fist fight with something that can kill you via body fluids is like trying to punch a cobra to death.

Vampirequeen
09-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi everyone! As the GM of this RP, I have something to say regarding the character issues that are going on.

I completely understand the importance of accuracy in roleplays, but this is a Zombie RP and if people want to be less than logical with their characters, I'm happy to allow it. It is zombies for fun after all and I'm not going to be a stickler for detail, especially when it comes to the characters. The more insane, the better, especially since there's a chance that all of our characters will be dead by the end of the RP. If you want to play your character as you have it Fox - it works for me. On that note, I would like to remind everyone of what I said in my earlier post. Accuracy with characters is NOT going to matter once the zombies appear and send everyone into survival mode.

Frallon
09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I would change the following:
3) Swap the Desert Eagle for, well, anything else. No military or police group has EVER used the Desert Eagle. The FBI issues the Glock 22 in .40 Smith and Wesson to everyone that completes the Academy. They also allow Special Agents to purchase and carry a Glock 21 in .45ACP if they can qualify with it. Alternatively if you wanted her to be a member of the HRT she'd carry a Springfield 1911.

This made my laugh, LOL, I don't know one person in general who would seriously use a Desert Eagle as a survival weapon anyway.. But you know, while in the heat of the moment, I guess if all else fell down you'd be forced to use what you had.. But why even own one? Still, I agree with Weaving as well, I think accuracy is important and some information is to the privileged while basic stuff is more available with a basic search, however at the end of the day circumstances can be made and things can be just over looked, not that it wouldn't still matter, but when it comes down to saving lives attention will be focused on whats at hand. :) Hope this kicks off soon

Vampirequeen
09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I'll try to have the IC up by the end of this week. There's going to be a Vampires vs. Zombies episode of Deadliest Warrior on Wednesday of this week, so I want to see if there's anything that I've missed regarding the traits and whatnot of the zombies.

k9slayer
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Tyler Steele
male
6'1" short brown hair 275 pounds athletic build
army ranger = chalk leader
m240 light machine gun m9 pistol m16 assault rifle 7in. combat knife( trained to use any weapon)
quite reserved but deeply loyal to any one he calls a friend. unable to leave someone behind. great leader due to his skills
after spending 16 years in the army rangers Tyler has skills that only a hardened warrior could have. great in hand to hand fighting, long to short range ranged weapons, knife fighting, and has been taught how to fly anything that goes into the air. he was on the his east coast base when he got a call from his wife saying he needed to come home now, and that the dead had risen from their final rest. so he headed to the armory grabbed his m240, m9, 3 m16s, and thousands of rounds for his m240, 3 clips for each m16, and 5 clips for his pistol and loaded it all on to one of the many Humvee on the base. he took off heading straight for town to save his beloved wife
other: stab proof vest climbing gear(rope, hooks, clips and a harness.) three road flares and sets of head sets for a 10 man squad. a harness worn to carry his pistol and clips as well as straps for the m240 and m16s.

Vampirequeen
09-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Accepted!

I have decided that instead of only allowing people to play civilians at the start of the RP, I will let people play active members of the military because it will give us more firepower against the zombies.

I'll try to add some more information about the zombies soon, but I need to finalize some stuff with Fox first. Also, keep an eye out for xmoshkidx's stoner character, which should be up by Sunday.

Thomas Smothers
09-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Name: Thomas Dakota Smothers

Appearance: The clothing he wears are: A fluorescent orange T-Shirt, but the shirt is slightly less flimsy than other normal T-Shirts; Most of the time a dark green sports jacket with rusty barbed wire, rusty razor wire, and thorn vines that weaves through loops hanging off the jacket, covering the whole jacket; Gray, slightly worn gloves (Not ones for when it is cold outside, but more like ones that would be worn while doing constriction.); Pants that are normally worn to a rave, being reflective; Also wearing shoes with a thick sole. His hair is an auburn colour and reaches to the knees. His skin colour is Caucasian and his eye colour is green. He is 190.402 cm tall (Five foot nine inches) and weighs 199 lbs.

Occupation: No official occupation but considers himself an inventor.

Weapon(s): He has created a variety of items and weapons while trying to create new things in the basement of his friend’s house:

• Round shield (Like that of what a Viking would use)
• Scutum
• Ignis (Custom sword)
• Exitailis (Custom sword)
• Vambrace mounted crossbow
• Quietus (Custom sword)
• Hammer/Axe/Four hook sword blades (Basically a pole with an axe blade and hammer head on one end and four hook sword blades in the shape of a four pronged fishing hook on the other end. Something he made while thinking of what he could make by combining things such as the vambrace listed above.)
• Other items he has forged.
• Fingernails (Maybe, but would only be used as a last resort, kind of obvious though.)

Personality: Friendly when around most people.

Background: Doesn’t remember much from early in his life mainly because he was not paying much attention to what was going on. Though nowadays he spends most of his time in his friend’s basement thinking of things he could create/forge.

Other: He will sometimes wear other clothing when out and heading somewhere that usually can include camouflage; basically any place that is not urban or suburban but sometimes will wear it in populated areas. The types of camouflage clothing he has made are: Tree (Using real bark but no leaves. This may give additional defense due to the bark's thickness compared to the other camouflage methods); Grass (As seen in profile image.) And will also sometimes wear a custom motorcycle-like helmet that is the kind that covers the face along with the head. He is also a smith, meaning he can forge metal into varying items.

(Hope it isn't too much. And when I saw the mutations post in the begenning of the thread, I thought of what would happen if I put Kane Lockard, my Berserker character, into the RP and he became a zombie. Also, do not underestimate the shields. *viking*)

Vampirequeen
09-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Nice! Accepted!

Thomas Smothers
09-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I'll make another character to add to the females if that's okay with you.

Vampirequeen
09-24-2011, 11:47 PM
That's perfectly fine.

Why do I suddenly want to make a third character?

Thomas Smothers
09-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Name: Olga Nelly Schwartz

Heritage: Russian

Appearance: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/royalfool1/7446275-blond-woman-with-rifle-two-rebels-with-machine-gun-on-the-background.jpg

Weapons/Stock:

• Four M202A1s
• PVC pipe bombs
• 7 Ak-47s
• 10 M11s
• 5 RPGs
• A single homemade flamethrower she keeps for personal uses.
• And this: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/royalfool1/Browning-Hot-Tactical-Gun-Safe-AR34F.jpg

Personality: She is most of the time calm, but gets irritated when approached by a member of American Authority.

Background: She was born in Germany but raised in Russia until she was 7, then her family moved to America. When she was young, she gained an interest in what it would be like to experience being a member of gang and started to get involved until she has finally become the sleeper terrorist she is now.

Other: She keeps her weaponry/stock in a cellar which is located under her basement floor. The way to get to the cellar is that there is a bookcase in the basement, if one were to try to pull on the left side of the bookcase; it would swing like a door on hinges, opening the entrance to an elevator shaft. The shaft would then take the person down into the cellar. She has done this to make it much more difficult for any American Authority to find her stock since hiding it behind a bookcase seems so cliché. Her house is located near a forested area. Within the cellar is a solid steel door that it around a inch and a half thick that leads to a pathway deep into the wooded area where she would make her trade with other terrorists. The door being solid steel and thick to keep authority from getting in easily if they ever found the hole in-between the trunk of a tree and a bush that is the exit of the pathway. She also has a way to completely shut off power of the elevator system in case the authority tried to come into the cellar directly.

Vampirequeen
09-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Heck yes! Accepted!

I love the occupational diversity that we have so far. I sense a fair amount of tension when all of our characters meet up for the first time. lol

Thomas Smothers
09-25-2011, 02:18 AM
That was part of my idea when I made her. I saw that one of the characters that were posted in this thread was a counter-terrorist, or something like that and I decided to make her occupation a terrorist to be basically the opposite.

k9slayer
09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
so when can we see this thing get started up. im ready to get started and kill some zombies oh by the way whats the population of the city?

Vampirequeen
09-27-2011, 02:09 AM
It should be up soon, I just need to figure out some details about the zombies. I'll look up the population when I get a chance.

k9slayer
09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
OK thanks

jamel
09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Name:James
Appearance: 6 foot 7 muscular lots of tribal and urban tattos corn rows multiple scars and bruises from abuse in war times.
Weapon(s):c4 30 pounds with a dead man switch rocket launcher x 2 grenade launcher brass knuckles and 2 katanas
Personality:sarcastic and ill tempered bad ass
Background:lots of military training quick and resourceful great at stealth and infiltration
Motto: the greatest things in life are things that explode.
kill or be killed

bio:born in massachucets james was shipped off to millitary school when he was 10 because of his very impractical use of weapons. after being in military school for 2 years he recieved a disturbing message from one of his family members saying that his parents were killed by a serial killer ever since then he went into this state of seclusion to try and find the one who killed his parents many people believed that he had just broken down from the horrible news but inside he was just thinking of ways to torture the person who did this to his parents now that the zombie apocolypse has come he finds some what of enjoyment out of using some of the ways he thought to get pay back for his parents death.

Vampirequeen
09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice character, but I'd like a little more detail for his appearance. Once you do that, your character will be accepted. By the way, his motto made me lol.

For everyone involved or interested in this RP:

Even though I changed my mind about this a few days ago, I have decided that I will NOT allow any more characters that have connections to the military, as there is more than enough firepower for the group to have. Yes, firepower is important, but we're reaching the point of too much firepower.

jacknife
09-28-2011, 12:46 AM
http://funnydemotivationalposters.com/vjvuxsvpxj/BARRETT-50-CAL.name:alex broker
Appearance:5 foot 8 strong build multiple knife slash scars and bullet wounds short blonde hair ex convict
Weapon(s): barret 50 cal multiple clips with a red dot sight dual g18's machete smoke granades scar assult rifle 6 clips red dot sight.
Personality combat ready and always looking for a challenge
Background: a family that always gave him support in whatever he tried even if the stunt was dumb or life threatning spent 10 years behind bars for grand theft and vehicular manslaughter.
motto:if you cant keep up get the hell out of the way.*shoop*

Vampirequeen
09-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Nice! Accepted!

jamel, your character is also accepted!

Maybe it's time for me to see how many participants there are.

Thomas Smothers
09-28-2011, 01:09 AM
When I read the bio of Jamel's edited post, I wondered what would happen if he met his dead parents as they are zombies, assuming they were buried in the city's graveyard/cemetery. :FFFFFF:

Vampirequeen
09-28-2011, 01:12 AM
LOL!

Last night I was wondering what would happen if David (my stoner character) was cornered by a group of zombies that included his dead father, but then I realized that it wouldn't happen because the village where the RP will take place is pretty far away from the city where his father would be buried.

Thomas Smothers
09-28-2011, 01:17 AM
regarding your post about how many participants there were, If I counted correctly, there are ten participants and twelve characters.

Vampirequeen
09-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Wow. Thanks!

jamel
09-28-2011, 01:35 AM
we will have to see it will all unfold when this gets started

Vampirequeen
09-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Yeah. Hopefully it will get started soon. I'm still figuring a few things out and I'll try to remember to run them by the other GM when he's online tomorrow.

jamel
09-28-2011, 02:10 AM
can we have 2 charachters

Vampirequeen
09-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Definitely!

jamel
09-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Name:bryan fury
Appearance: 5 foot 11 250 pound muscular build wears a red bandanna camo pants scar over his right eye buzz cut white hair
Weapon(s):m16 multiple clips robotic mass strength arm 2 .44 revolvers multiple rounds
Personality:cold almost manipulative very decisive at killing his targets
Background:born in Russia trained under many generals and assassins on how to kill his target more leathaly and more effectively
Other:has a very methodical laugh and only looks out for close partners and will leave anyone behind if necessary for his own survival.

Vampirequeen
09-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Nice! Accepted!

xmoshkidx will try to have his character sheet up by the weekend, so after he puts it up, I will not accept anymore characters.

jamel
09-28-2011, 09:04 PM
is there a character limit we can have because i would like 2 have 3

SandQueen
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
is there a character limit we can have because i would like 2 have 3

You've already got the Katana wielding ex-federal agent with more than 55lbs of explosives and the Russian Assassin with virtually no form of discrete weaponry, what more could you possibly want? -_-;

Mr. FNG
09-29-2011, 12:37 AM
I feel vastly overpowered here O.O My poor seventeen year-old with his wittle knifes lmao!!

Thomas Smothers
09-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Mr. FNG, if it makes you feel any better, my character is 16 years old.

Vampirequeen
09-29-2011, 02:00 AM
@jamel: I'm really sorry, but I think it would be better if you just started out with 2 characters. If you want, you can add a 3rd characterf later on in the RP when people start becoming zombies.

@Mr. FNG: At least your character has weapons. My characters don't have any weapons on them (but David could use his bong as a weapon if he was REALLY desperate). As college students, there really isn't any need for them to have weapons.

Just a reminder, once xmoshkidx gets his character sheet up, I will not be accepting anymore characters.

k9slayer
09-29-2011, 04:48 PM
so any estimates on a final time on the I.C.?

Vampirequeen
09-30-2011, 12:45 AM
I have started the IC in Microsoft Word, but I still need to finish it and work out some other details. Maybe it will be up by next weekend.

xmoshkidx
09-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Name: Su Kang Rui
Appearance: short asian male, long hair combed to one side, wears black band tees and slim jeans, high top skate shoes, has a flat brimmed hat worn backwards all the time
Weapon(s): skateboard, .45 caliber pistol, knife, skate tool, m4 assault rifle, metal baseball bat
Personality: calm
Background: came from the suburbs of new york city and is attending college in upstate new york. he loves his marijuana and playing guitar and skateboarding equally too. he loves music and enjoys recording music.

Vampirequeen
09-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Accepted!

Also, I am no longer accepting characters for this RP!

jamel
09-30-2011, 01:34 PM
so if we get zombified are we going to have the mutations.

k9slayer
09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
he said that earlier that

Vampirequeen
09-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Indeed we are.

Also, the population of New Paltz was somewhere around 6034 during the 2000 census. I'd try to find a more accurate one, but I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to find a more accurate number. Also, the number probably doesn't include the students that are attending the college that is in the village.

(P.S. I'm a "she", not a "he", but we all make mistakes. lol)

k9slayer
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
oops sorry @_@

Vampirequeen
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Don't worry about it.

I spoke to Fox about some other zombie-related stuff, but I'm too lazy to post all of that stuff right now, so keep an eye on this post or the first post in this thread, as I will be posting the info in both posts.

k9slayer
10-04-2011, 02:00 PM
so any eta on the I.C.?

Vampirequeen
10-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm still writing it up.

Frallon
10-05-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm still writing it up.

Long as it all comes out right Im sure no one minds waiting. Some great characters everyone put up. I think this could be one of the greatest Zombie RPs Ive been a part of. Hope everyone sticks with it :)

Vampirequeen
10-05-2011, 03:41 AM
I hope so too! I'll try to get the new info stuff up tomorrow. Be warned, some of it may be a little shocking...

Frallon
10-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I hope so too! I'll try to get the new info stuff up tomorrow. Be warned, some of it may be a little shocking...

I don't know about anyone else, but a zombie role-play, I kind of joined for some shocks.

k9slayer
10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
same here

Vampirequeen
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
lol.

They're the really unexpected shocks. lol

Thomas Smothers
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Unextpected shocks, eh? Hm... :o: Will MJ be there?

Vampirequeen
10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Nope.

So, who wants me to reveal the shocking details now? If you don't want to be shocked tonight, I can shock you all tomorrow.

Thomas Smothers
10-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I can wait 'till tomorrow. Also, instead of telling this later, I'll say it now to give you more info on the topic of the living dead.
Kuru Cannibals of the south pacific used to eat the brains of their enemies in order to gain their 'powers.' Unfortunately, eating human flesh (Especially brains) is liable to pass on some terrifying diseases, including kuru, a laughing sickness. The infected person went crazy, another version of the living dead. And once this enemy was defeated, the conquerors would eat his brain and catch the disease, too.

Got that information from a book I have. Book: You Can't Scare Me!
It's by scholastic.

Vampirequeen
10-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Wow, very interesting. I'll ask Fox about it tomorrow if I remember. I guess it's kind of a good thing that at least one person is willing to wait because my laptop is overheating and I want food.

Thomas Smothers
10-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, when it comes to roleplaying, I don't get impatient, I get anxious and excited. ^-^

k9slayer
10-06-2011, 01:24 PM
hey i aint minding waiting im just curious

Vampirequeen
10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Sorry for the long wait everyone! I've been a little busy with college and midterms lately, so I've been studying and doing things that are a little higher on my priority list than RPing, which is why I haven't given any updates lately. I'll try to get something up by Tuesday, since I may have a midterm tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Thomas Smothers
10-16-2011, 06:11 PM
:o: What happened to yer name?

Fox Xalian
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
She got it changed lol

Vampirequeen
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm getting into the Halloween spirit. Speaking of Halloween, wouldn't it be cool if I started the IC on that day?

Thomas Smothers
10-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Aye, it would. You want to know something? I live in Louisville Kentucky and on one day every year, in september, on Barstown road alot of people dress up as zombies and roam around on Barstown road. I haven't been there on that day, but I had only learned of it this year.

Vampirequeen
10-16-2011, 06:27 PM
lol. Cool!

Vampirequeen
10-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Before I get to the important stuff, I want to apologize for holding the RP up. This is my second year of college and I've been pretty busy with midterms and whatnot for the past few weeks, so I haven't been focusing on RPs as much. However, the majority of the midterms are done and out of the way, so I have more time to focus on RP stuff.

I also apologize for the double post, but this post is REALLY important.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I would like to make an important announcement regarding this roleplay. After a long period of time, I have fought off the laziness for long enough to bring you this special announcement regarding the zombies in this roleplay.

Unlike most zombies, which cannot be repelled by anything, these zombies, or the majority of them can only be repelled by one thing, nay, one plant. This special and well-known plant goes by many names, which are too numerous to list here. So without further ado, I present to you this plant, the one, the only....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/Marijuana.jpg/750px-Marijuana.jpg

Yes, that's right, the majority of the zombies in this RP willl be repelled by marijuana

GM'S (MY) NOTE: Just to make it perfectly clear, I was not high when I was working on that introduction and I have never touched and/or used marijuana at any point during my almost 20 year long life. If anyone is wondering why I made such a crazy introduction, I did it because I'm insane. Now onto the details about the zombie repellant.

As I mentioned earlier, most zombies are repelled by marijuana for some undetermined (aka Witch Queen is lazy and doesn't want to figure anymore stuff out right now) reason. However, there are zombies that are immune to whatever effects marijuana has on normal zombies (once again, lazy GM). These zombies have an immunity to marijuana because they used it while they were human, so their bodies are used to its effects. Both the Old and the New Zombies have this kind of immunity if they used marijuana while they were alive/human.

As I said earlier, the only way for a zombie to have this immunity is if they used marijuana before they became a zombie. Therefore, the only two PC characters who will have this immunity when they become zombies are my stoner character and xmoshkidx's character. If anyone really wants to edit their character to give them immunity to marijuana when they become a zombie, I will allow it as long as the resulting zombie won't be too powerful/unstoppable (if combined with a regular mutation). If anyone wants to make another character that will have that immunity when they become a zombie, they will be allowed to do so LATER ON IN THE GAME, as we do not need any more characters.

@Thomas Smothers: If I remember, I will talk to Fox Xalian about your zombie idea tomorrow when he's online. It's an amazing idea, but I want to talk to the other GM first.

Now that that's over, let's see if the laziness will hold off long enough for me to post the new info in the first post. lol

Mr. FNG
10-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Intriguing concept!!! XD. I like it. Something fresh Haha!

SandQueen
10-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I am no longer interested in participating in this campaign.

Vampirequeen
10-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Sorry to hear that. I hope I'll be able to RP with you at some point in the future.

Thomas Smothers
10-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Dude... wait, what? I had an idea?

Also, I like the repellant, very original and creative.

Vampirequeen
10-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Dude... wait, what? I had an idea?

Also, I like the repellant, very original and creative.

Yeah, you did. It had something to do with eating brains and getting some kind of disease.

Thanks!

Frallon
10-19-2011, 03:29 AM
I think I'm backing out too.. I've stuck around for over a month on this OOC, and I don't have anything against pot, but I think its kind of a lazy idea.. Especially since most of the characters are teenagers and stoners that will probably have residue on them already. So.. This place had potential, but I think it's lost some credibility at the moment. Best of luck with the Roleplay.

SandQueen
10-19-2011, 04:40 AM
I think I'm backing out too.. I've stuck around for over a month on this OOC, and I don't have anything against pot, but I think its kind of a lazy idea.. Especially since most of the characters are teenagers and stoners that will probably have residue on them already. So.. This place had potential, but I think it's lost some credibility at the moment. Best of luck with the Roleplay.

That was my issue as well but reversed. A SWAT Markswoman isn't going to have any pot on hand and it's not going to be in her system. So while she might have a high powered rifle and a pistol it really doesn't matter because unless she's going to raid the evidence locker or bust some random drug dealers she's not going to have any. Not to mention the fact that she would have no way of coming into this knowledge unless she was in a zombie confrontation and accompanied by people that had been smoking recently and even then it would still be a stretch. So what's the point of playing when my character's status as a police officer will inherently result not only in her being at a disadvantage compared to characters lacking any sort of equipment or training but also that by her very nature she'll be unable to ultimately defend herself?

Vampirequeen
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
After losing two people because of my mariuana idea, which I will keep in the RP, I was reminded of an idea that I had while I was still debating about whether I should actually go with the marijuana idea. When I was working on the info post yesterday, I had completely forgotten about the idea, which I feel like I should include in the hope that things will seem a little more fair.

So basically, I was thinking that later on in the RP, I would have David (my stoner character) offer to give the rest of the group some of his marijuana so they could be protected from the zombies as well.

Another thing that I realized was the fact that David would technically have two mutations after he became a zombie because I had originally decided that his original mutation would be his retention of his love for Steph, which would probably have an interesting impact on the plot of the RP, especially if I have him die before Steph. Having him retain his love for Steph AND making him immune to marijuana seems really unfair and I really don't want that because the immunity to marijuana seems a little unfair as well.

Speaking of the immunity to marijuana, I have decided that anyone who has been around people who used it on an active basis will also be immune to it, as the marijuana most likely found its way into their bodies by accident.

Since Fox is on Facebook, I'll also ask him if he would be ok if the characters can have TWO mutations instead of one after they become zombies.

Frallon and SandQueen (if you read this): I'm sorry to see the both of you drop out of the RP, and I hope that I'll have a chance to RP with you in the future.

Thomas Smothers
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Witch Queen, if you feel that you would want to not have two less characters in the RP, I'll make another character if you want. If I do, I plan on it being a man in his 70s. :8):

This is off topic, but Witch, your attitude towards role-playing reminds me of a great role-player I used to RP with. Giving me the impression you're a great role-player too. -that_king-

Vampirequeen
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Witch Queen, if you feel that you would want to not have two less characters in the RP, I'll make another character if you want. If I do, I plan on it being a man in his 70s. :8):

This is off topic, but Witch, your attitude towards role-playing reminds me of a great role-player I used to RP with. Giving me the impression you're a great role-player too. -that_king-

If you want to make another character, go right ahead!

Also, thank you very much!

Thomas Smothers
10-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Name: Yomosha Takamoto

Appearance: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/royalfool1/article-0-068BA294000005DC-250_468x331.jpg

Occupations: Ninja/ Body Builder

Weapon(s): Traditional ninja weapons, he has a collection as he is carrying on a tradition. And dumbells if you would count those.

Personality: If he were to die in a fight, he would fight 'till the very end of his life, as it has been this way his whole life since he follows his family tradition very strictly. He does not like the modern slang that kids these days have come up with and use. He is a very loyal man and true to his word when with allies. He is very suspicious of strangers when he feels threatened.

Background: As he was young, he was told to follow his family tradition of the style of ninjas. But the tradition did not include applying the skills the ninja had. He had carried on this tradition until he could not fully do it. That is why he became a body builder, to atleast try to fully keep it, and to keep himself in shape. He had recently won a Body Building competetion, explaining the medl in the picture.

Other: When looking for an image of the guy, I types in 'old japanese man' in google images search and found the picture. The actual age of the man in the image is 74, I was suprised to see something work for this character so quickly.

Vampirequeen
10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Lol. A little unusual, but that's a good thing.

Accepted!

Fox Xalian
10-20-2011, 04:25 AM
I like that one. He'll go good along side ay martial arts girl I'm going to make. I think they would get on famously.

Vampirequeen
10-29-2011, 01:55 AM
lol!

As cool as it would be to have the IC up on Halloween, it's probably not going to happen, especially since I finally got a shirt for my costume, and will probably spend tomorrow walking to two stores during a snowstorm to try to find fake blood and white makeup. I'll update the first post with the marijuana stuff and possibly some other info later.

Thomas Smothers
11-04-2011, 12:23 AM
BRRRRAAAAAAIIIIINNNNSSSS! /moaning omnomnomnom e.e Zombehs...... Oh, hai. Decided I'd revive the OOC.

Vampirequeen
11-04-2011, 12:27 AM
lol. Thanks!

I was just thinking about how I need to work on the IC post, but I can't because I have to call my mom in a few minutes. But it should be up before December. lol

Thomas Smothers
11-11-2011, 11:35 PM
:3

Vampirequeen
11-12-2011, 03:40 AM
lol

I hate to say it, but we may have some problems with the beginning of the IC. I've been working on the first post in Microsoft word and earlier this evening, my computer started acting weird and xmoshkidx said that it sounded like my laptop has a trojan virus or something like that, and apparently it's pretty bad.

I'll see how the laptop works tomorrow and we'll see how things go from there.

Vampirequeen
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Bump because I've been busy with schoolwork.