PDA

View Full Version : [M] Runehill University IC {Setsa & Shades of Grey}

Setsa
08-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Cassie Vera turned off the alarm flashing 6am, the first day of attending a University. Glad for the inheritance from her deceased parents that would last her well past old age. She bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 10 blocks from campus house that would suit her very well. After breakfast the 20 year old did her morning dishes while reading the class schedule still not believing that she was doing this. But a solid degree and career would help her blend in with normal people, if that was at all possible. "Hmmm....French, Calculus, English Literature II, Ancient Civilizations......OWWww!!" Looking down her left forearm slashed from the knife she used to slice onions earlier the skin burning from the onion residue. Arm healing before her eyes didn't shock her one bit...but the searing pain was still very real. "Hooray for pain" muttering sarcastically starting up the dishwasher while cleaning up the drop of blood from the counter.

Driving the deep red Ford SuperDuty truck specially made to actually have great gas mileage and excellent sound system. Wearing jeans shorts, black knee high boots, and red tanktop long hair loose down her back in soft curls. Cassie rushed somewhat to her French class sitting down in the back not wanting to draw attention to herself.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd130/silly_sammy22/0008_allardt_s0095.jpg

Ashen
08-16-2011, 11:22 PM
"Dude, I swear, it was like this big," Ricky said, motioning with his hands.
"Yeah, alright Rick. Whatever."
"Come on Slade, let loose a little." Rick gave his friend a shove. "Are you actually going to class today?"
Slade shrugged, his black hair rubbing against the back of his shirt. "I guess so. I mean, Teach wanted me for something and I never showed up."
"If Teach wants you it can't be good," Trei said as he approached his two friends. "What did you do, Slade?"
"Hell if I know," Slade replied and walked down the hall and into French.

Slade stared up at the clock on the wall. He was just on time, which was surprising to his classmates. Slade walked to the back of his class and noticed a girl had occupied his seat. He was already having a crummy day so he leaned on his desk and spat, "That's my seat. Move." The teacher walked into the room so Slade added, "Now."

Setsa
08-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Cassie smirked licking her finger then touching the rude guy's desk before getting up. Sitting down in the empty seat to the left opening her book and having a ruler under the book hidden from his eyes. The teacher doing roll call as she was old fashion like that..."Kelli...here, Hastings...here, Munoz...here, Vera...here and welcome. Smiling to the new student in the back, Cassie was a day late in class but after discussing it with the professors as the first day was just introductions even in college so it was fine with them. Cassie gave a small nod in thanks, then paid attention to their first actual class responding in very excellent French with very little american accent. Cassie also had the gift of tongues which was great when she traveled.

Ashen
08-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Slade stared at the spot of saliva the girl had left on his desk. He glared at her but sat down anyway. When the teacher called his name, just Slade, he nodded at her. It was a rare occasion for Slade to be in class, especially on time.
Slade sat through a boring class just like many of the other classes he had. If not for his parent's constant threats he wouldn't even be here. Slade reclined in his chair and stared at the new girl-Vera the teacher had called her. She looked out of place to say the least, but at least she was pretty.
When class had ended, Slade waited for everyone to leave before walking up to his teacher. He gave her a smirk, one only Slade could pull off. "S'up?" he asked.

Setsa
08-16-2011, 11:58 PM
"Slade I hope that you will be attending class this year on time everyday....if you don't I will put you in Old English language class plain and simple...and please be nice to Cassie Vera. For one looking at her records...she may be only one who can put up a fight against you." Excusing Slade the teacher prepared for her next class.

Cassie walked across the school grounds through the path of many trees to another building. Calculus was next, this time sitting in the middle figuring she'd change it up a bit ......going through that class and 2 others before she had time for lunch. Sitting against a tree enjoying a salad listening so some music on her Ipad.

Ashen
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
"Vas te fairs enclue," Slade mumbled to his teacher, the only French phrase he cared enough about to memorize.

Two more agonizing classes later and it was time for lunch. Slade waited at his spot at the cafeteria. Ricky soon joined him with Trei not far behind.
"Whose the babe?" Trei asked Slade as he grabbed a sandwich from a paper bag.
Slade followed his gaze to the new girl in his French class. "I don't know," Slade said. "She was in my French class. Found her in my seat when I walked in."
"Someone has to use it," Ricky joked.
"Shut up Enrique," Slade threatened. Ricky never liked being called by his full name which is how he knew Slade was in a bad mood.
"Alright, Isaac," Trei countered, using Slade's real name.
Slade gave an evil glare to Trei.
"You little-" He stopped himself. Exhaling, he turned his attention back to the Vera chick.
Trei stared at her too. He did a double take, noticing somethig he hadn't before. "She is a-" Trei stopped. "An angel," he finished, not the word he had wanted to use.

Setsa
08-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Cassie had finished her lunch not noticing the trio of guys staring at her. Walking back to her truck that was near her last Ancient Civilization class of the day...putting her lunch bag back in the truck along with her I-pod. Humming softly to herself a tune she was just listening to on her tip toes while loading backpack up with just her civilization book and notebook. Thinking to herself what she wanted to make for dinner....the thought of Italion food seemed very tempting. "Alright Cassie one more class and back home for the rest of the day." Least glad the movers unpacked and put everything up for her she did debate going for a walk with her German Shepard, Tank after dinner.

Locking the truck up Cassie hurried to the building minutes later after climbign the stairs and saying hi to the professor who was looking foward to meeting her. Cassie's major was going to be on ancient civilizations....that and her gift of every language would make a deadly mix. Sitting down in the back where only 4 seats left were noticing one had saliva on it, dried. Wondering if it could be the Slade guy from French.....this time sitting to the right at the end of the row of 4 desks as far away as she could be.

Ashen
08-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Slade stared at Trei as he gulped down his food. "Don't you chew?" Ricky asked, the question on Slade's mind.
Trei turned to Slade. "Don't you eat? Stop being anorexic, eat." He offered Slade a cracker.
Trei turned back to Ricky. "So like I was saying, the Falcons totally creamed the-"
Ricky pointed his chin to Slade. "You alright buddy?" he asked.
"I'm not anorexic," Slade said before heading off to his next class.

Face like thunder, Slade entered the room to his next class. He saw that Cassie sitting next to his seat and was about to turn around but Trei walked up to him. "Hey, I got social studies too," he said smiling. He faced the back of the class and saw that the new girl was in his seat. Trei approached her and extended a hand. "Hey, I'm Trei Davis," he said. Slade walked behind him and added, "and you're in his seat."
Trei shoved him to the side. "Don't worry about it, babe." Trei winked and took the seat next to her.

Setsa
08-17-2011, 01:17 AM
"Cassie Vera, nice to meet you Trei" a cut on his arm suddenly healing wether he noticed or not as well as a bad bruise on his shoulder from a previous fight with Slade when they were messing around. "And if I really wanted to worry about it, no offense mind you.." Looking at Slade on the other side of Trei "I would have sat far away from you..." Making it clear she wasn't one that would be intimidated at all.

"So Trei, I just moved here few weeks ago and it's already a Thursday....where are the good places to hang out around here? Beaches?"

Ashen
08-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Trei smirked at Slade as he looked away in disgust. "Look at that, Trei Trei got himself a girlfriend," he cooed.
Trei was about to reply to Cassie but turned to Slade instead. "At least I can find a girlfriend. But I guess it's not your fault since, you know, it runs in the family..."
In that instant Slade was pinning Trei to a wall. "Go ahead," Slade dared. "Say something else you little freaking retard. I'll kill you and smear your blood over every wall in this school. Go ahead!"
Trei exhaled slowly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone there, Slade."
The teacher walked in and Slade reluctantly slunk into his desk.
Trei scribbled something down with a small pencil. When he finished, he placed the note on Cassie's desk.
"Cassie," it read, "I'll tell you everything after class."

Setsa
08-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Cassie gave Trei a nod writing back "please do...I feel we all have surprises for eachother..btw hows your arm and shoulder feeling? Take a look and no, I didn't do it by choice...not that it's a bad thing." Passing the paper back shaking her head a Slade. He intrigued her that was for sure...

After class Cassie got up stretching tall before heading out for the day, remembering they didn't even discuss where to meet it ultimately made no difference as they'd see eachother in class again tomorrow before the weekend. Not in a big rush the new student put her books in the truck, rolling the windows down letting the hot air out of the inside, leaning against the grill of her truck figureing she'd give Trei 15 minutes before heading home to talk a long walk with Tank.

Ashen
08-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Confused, Trei studied his arm and shoulder. He didn't see anything so he just smiled and waited until the end of class.

"Hey Slade, Trei, wait up!" Ricky called out. Slade ignored him as Trei waited for his friend to catch up. "What's up with him?" Ricky asked Trei.
"I made a comment about his sister," Trei replied watching his friend go. "I got a date, I'll catch you later, Ricardo."
"Damn, his sister? You're looking for trouble. Have fun with that Trei."
Trei walked outside of the building and looked for Cassie. He spotted her near a truck and ran up to her.
"Hey sugar," he said, "this baby yours?"'He ran his fingers along the vehicle. "She's a beaut."

Setsa
08-17-2011, 02:06 AM
"Hey, and yes she's my bad girl always raring to go roaring when we get started but purrs like a kitten when I get going." A grin on her face afterwards. "So, that cut and bruise on your arm is all gone now isn't it? And I do believe you said that you would explain that little episode between you and Slade in class just a bit ago..." Standing up straight turning to face him full on now surprised no one else followed him over.

Her long hair draped down her back studying him with her soft hazel eyes, he was a looker, nice and energetic too it seemed. Slade was still a mystery to her but all in due time she figured. For now Cassie was going to have a nice chat, maybe get an idea or two as where to go this weekend that was a hot spot for adults their age... then go home, walk, dinner, then finally hit the books...yep. College was already getting to be busy.

Ashen
08-17-2011, 02:25 AM
"I don't know what you're talking about, chick," Trei mumbled as he stared at his arm once again. Whatever, he figured.
"Slade is just messed up. Period." Trei smiled but their was no emotion behind his green eyes. "He and his sister never had fathers, they were both born from one night stands. They had a hard childhood, Illi most of all. See, Illi was 16. The poor girl wouldn't grow at all. Barely fit into an A cup if you catch me." In force of habit, Trei's eyes drifted south. He cleared his throat and his eyes found his way back to Cassie's. "Right well, Illi started the pills only to find out she's a..." Trei made sure Slade wasn't around. If he heard what he was saying he would kill him. "She was a hemaphrodite."
Trei looked away. "Well, Illi told Slade she was gonna kill herself. Of course, big ol' Slade didn't believe her."
Trei stared directly at Cassie. "A month later Slade was the one to cut the rope connecting her to her ceiling fan."
Trei gave a lopsided smile. "Slade hasn't been the greatest guy since. He gets really sensitive when someone even says the word sister. And of course, even though her name was Illi and not Lilly, if you show him one of those he'll cut you."
With a laugh, Trei added, "learned that the hard way."
Trei turned, grasping Cassie by the hands. "Tell me about you."

Setsa
08-17-2011, 02:48 AM
"Well even I have had a tough life.... both my parents died when I was 10. But I had a great family friend of ours that raised me until I was 18 so it works I can't complain. Now I have a 4 bedroom house that I just bought a month ago not far from here...got a great big German Shepard named Tank that keeps me company and life is great." Smiling when he took her hands, he definetly wanted to lay the moves on her early. "And I very well know you had a bruised shoulder and cut on your arm that's gone now ....see, I can tell if others have any wounds and heal them....just by touch, pure touch wether I wanted to or not. Like when he slammed you against the wall?? Your headache is gone now isn't it?" A smirk on her face. "Now spill what is your gift as I can tell plain as day you're hiding something Trei...you know everyone gifted can sense eachother though here I thought I'd be the only one.....hence the college. Get a kick-ass degree, great career....be normal to the eyes of others to stay hidden."

Ashen
08-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Trei spaced himself from Cassie. What was this nutcase saying? "Cassie, are you alright? Maybe I should take the wheel and drive you home. I think you need to lay down."
Trei did have to admire Cassie; his headache was gone. He didn't even show he had a headache. "Look, Cass, I'm going to drive you home. Hand over your keys. You need a rest."
Trei offered a smile but his eyes showed a bit of mystery. His hair was shining a blonde hue in the sun despite it's normal colouration being a tan.
He held out his palm, careful not to touch Cassie as if this insanity she was blabbing would infect him too.

Setsa
08-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Frustrated and kicking herself for being so so dam stupid for spilling the beans! She felt him or Shades had gifts if not both. But if one knew...surely another one had to!! "Sure but I can drive." Dreading what would happen next as she didn't like feeling the pain just as anyone else would. Driving to her place with Trei with her parking in the garage closing the garage door as she went inside. The place definetly huge with a very big backyard. "Come on Trei...I'll get you some water." Unloading the dishwasher to get a clean glass for him Cassie saw the knife she cut herself earlier with. "Great...." Setting the glass on the counter knife in hand. Setting a dishtowel on the counter like nothing was going on.

"Hey Trei can you put this knife over there with the rest please? Oh and fricken watch carefully I hate doing this." Other arm casually over the dishtowel handing him the knife she redirected the blade directly into her arm stabbing it through to the counter then pulling out. Blood running everywhere for a few seconds as she screamed in pain. Seeing he was horrified staring at Cassie's arm. Suddenly her arm healed itself before his eyes like nothing happened..no sunny glow, no green light...just instant healing what blood on her arm going back inside letting out a sigh. Flexing her forearm before wiping off the blood from the blade placing it back in the empty dishwasher then filling the glass with cold water setting it in front of him on the counter. "I am not crazy...call fricken Shades if you have to but I'm NOT doing it again it fricken hurts!" Rubbing her arm waiting for the dreaded "you're a FREAK!!" Reaction.

Ashen
08-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Trei stared, eyes wide, at what had just happened. "T-that's freaking... What kind of witch are you?!" Trei backed away cautious. "Stop playing with my mind you weirdo," Trei barked. Immediately he thought of a show his little cousin had watched, a show about wizards. Cassie didn't seem to have a wand. Then again, things were never as they seem.
"Look, I don't know what the hell you are, but do not ever do that again. That was..." Trei struggled with words as he stared down at his own hands.
He let his fingernails dig into his palm and watched them leave crescent shapes. They healed within seconds.
But then again, that wasn't a limb piecing itself back together.

Setsa
08-17-2011, 04:16 AM
Sighing Cassie let Trei have his water before walking him out the door not saying another word letting him have the day and night to either calm down or never speak to her again.

Yea...a great first day in college. I KNOW that someone in French and Ancient Civilizations has gifts like me but Slade? He's so....rude but I've been wrong before though not about gifted ones

Minutes later Cassie was in tiny jogging shorts and a cleaner tanktop Tank on his leash as they jogged around the neighborhood in a route they figured out when first moving here. Stopping at a street light drinking her bottle of water waiting for the light to change so the pair could cross.

Ashen
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Trei walked home, a smirk allayed across his face. "Imagine what'll happen if I befriend her," he was thinking. The thoughts of all the treats he'd get filled his mind. Those, and one more thought he couldn't push away.

"Ricky, it was crazy," he said into his cell phone once he was home.
"Trei, it was a magic trick. She's playing you."
Trei thought about this. "Then she's an amazing magician."
"I'm gonna go study for Spanish. Huge test tomorrow."
"You speak Spanish," Trei pointed.
"No," Ricky corrected, "I speak Mexican. There is a difference."
Shrugging, Trei hung up. He was about to call Slade but decided against it. After all, Slade had never recovered from his remark earlier. He went to bed, looking forward to the next day.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 12:26 AM
The next day Cassie parked in the same spot as before with her truck. Grabbing her books she had her ipod in her pocker, earphones in though the music was turned low enough to easily hear any conversation. Just was something to clear her mind from yesterday's stupid move. Sitting down in French class as now the seats were permanent, Cassie wondered if Slade would be on time...5 minutes left before the bell ringed already putting her completed homework in the growing pile on the professor's desk. Removing the earphones and opening her French book licking her finger for a moment but deciding not to wipe it on his desk..least not for now.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 01:14 AM
"Hi Rick," Trei greeted as he passed his friend in the halls. "Where's Slade?"
"Thought he was with you," Ricky admitted. "I'm exhausted. I was up all night."
"Studying for something you've known since you could talk?"
"Spanish and Mexican are different," Ricky insisted.
"Whatever. Have you seen Cassie?"
"Who?"
"The girl I was talking about yesterday. The newbie."
"Oh. No idea."
"Maybe I can catch her after class. Thanks. Good luck on your Spanish test."
"Good luck on your math test."
Trei paused. He had completely forgotten about his math test today. He was too occupied with thoughts of Cassie. "Dammit," he mumbled as he ripped a book from his locker.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 02:50 AM
Cassie had went through her French class, with no Slade. In a way she was glad but something told her the day would be interesting. At lunch Cassie sat down at the same tree in the hot late summer the shade was a great relief. Wearing a light blue spegetti strap summer dress really showing her cleavage and assets she at lunch while relaxing for a moment her head wrapped around homework for tonight. That and how far she was going to jog tonight with Tank fromt he day...so far 1 1/2 miles looked good. Her hair in one single long braid wearing sandals that she could least walk in. Still having no idea what she was going to do this weekend for a bit of fun after finishing homework on Friday.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 03:05 AM
"Where you going?"
"Oh sorry, I fogot Slade wasn't here." Trei faced Ricky. I'm going to talk to Cassie. Coming?"
"You mean the witch girl. No, I'd rather not."
Unfazed, Trei ran over to Cassie. "Hey!" he called and sat down next to her.
"You look pretty today," Trei smiled. He looked down at his black t shirt that he had just pulled from his closet. "About yesterday," Trei started. "I was just a little surprised. But you...You're freaking amazing."
He leaned closer in interest. "Is it Wicca?" he asked. "I knew this girl who practiced Wicca. She celebrated this thing-Beltane? Belfane?- and she-"
Trei stopped himself as he remembered what Beltane was. A celebration for the God and Goddess Wiccans believed in. A celebration involving sex.
He cleared his throat. "So... What are you?"

Setsa
08-18-2011, 03:28 AM
"Well well look who turned about face in reaction, least I am glad to see that." Smiling some removing the earphones wrapping them around her I-pod before into the backpack. "And no I'm not....not at all gifted are very few in human population....and its a natural gift...no spell no praying so some weird god..all of that needs to get out of your head Trei. But thank you for least not freaking out even more its not a pretty sight." Looking at the time on her watch. "Well it's almost time for class.....shall we? I brought my book for civilizations before resting for lunch." Walking down to the building she was glad to least have a friend it seemed...but knowing he was best buds with Slade and someone named Ricky she had to wonder when she would meet and talk with them. Guys always loved to show off female friends. Seeing Slade leaning against the wall beside the class door she couldn't help but smirk. "I'll leave you two to talk we still have few minutes before class.." taking out a paper with tonight's French homework on it pressing it to Slade's chest gently. "Your homework almighty spit god." Sarcastically but with a side of humor, once again feeling his wounds heal instantly wondering what he did to his knee to make it throb in pain but Slade was a guy she wasn't going to ask. He got healed instantly without her direct consent but she learned long ago to not fight it. It is what it is, sitting down in her seat.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Trei stared at Slade confused. "Where where you this morning?" he asked him.
"Shut the fuck up," Slade replied and walked down the halls.
Taken aback, Trei looked into his class. Slade was his best friend, but he needed to be with Cassie. He couldn't make up his mind. Finally, he ran after Slade. He'd catch Cassie later.
"Slade, you don't look so good. What happened buddy?"
Slade glared at Trei. "Really?" he barked. "Don't call me your buddy. Leave me alone."
Slade walked out of the school and he sat in his mother's black Toyota. He sat there in silence for a few moments. When he saw that Trei was watching him he turned the car on and drove off.

"Why are you waiting outside my class?" Ricky asked as he left his science class.
"Because.. Have you seen Slade?"
"Not today, why?"
"There's something wrong with him. I don't know what."
"Slade's fine."
Trei studied Ricky. "But Rick, he was-Oh, what's today?"
"Friday," Ricky answered simply.
"No, what's today's date? Is it the 20th?"
"Yeah," Ricky answered slowly.
"Today's his sister's birthday," Trei recalled. "Today is Illi's birthday. She's seventeen today."
"No, she's dead."
Trei gave Ricky a warning look. "Poor guy. He sure acts tough but the guy's a real softie."
Changing the subject, Ricky asked, "Where's Cassie?"
"Oh, crap, right. Thanks, gotta go."
Ricky shook his head, and realised he was alone once again.

Trei scanned the school grounds but he couldn't find Cassid. He ran home and got into his car. He drove to her house hoping she had gone straight home.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Attending class where as Trei and Slade didn't knowing she'd least see Trei tomorrow writing the assignment on an extra sheet of paper for them to share. Cassie went home and was playing with Tank in the backyard throwing his ball far to get her mind cleared of things as the chicken casserole was baking with handmade rolls in the oven. Hearing someone knocking on her door out front "In the back!! Come around the left side, gate's open!"

Few minutes later Cassie wearing her tiny jogging shorts and tank top with running sneakers so they could go right after dishes. Hearing the gate swinging into the very large yard reminded herself that she'd have to see about getting that fixed. Her German Shepard Tank barking loudly trotting over to Trei sniffing his pants wagging his tail friendly. "Hey Trei" smiling happily her long hair still in the braid. "Don't worry he's a big brute, but Tank is a friendly guy."

Ashen
08-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Trei walked up to Cassie. "Nice dog," he smiled. He pet Tank behind his ears. "Hey there fella," he cooed.
Turning back to Cassie, Trei said, "Hey, um, I have a little favour to ask of you..."
He looked at her shorts and couldn't help but smile. "You know Slade. Of course you do. I just ask that you be nice to him. Life's never been easy for him and..." He turned away. "You're not making it any easier."
He offered a smile to show he meant no harm. Pushing all else away, he said, "Can you show me a magic trick?"
He extended his hand. "Ladies and gentlemen, Cassie the Great!" He clapped and bowed before her. "What else can you do?"

Setsa
08-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Raising an eyebrow.."how am I not making it easier for him?? I had a joking tone for Slade the spit god....and even handed over a paper with our assignment so he can even do it and turn it in on time." Walking over to Trei looking very alluring she got almost chest touching to chest with Trei...leaning in before.....

"WHAP!!!!...." Slapping smartly the back of his head...

"Not magic tricks, gifted! Get that out of your head Trei!" Smirking some knowing she caught him well off guard. Smelling dinner ready... "I got to pull dinner out of the oven...come inside then by all means...come on Tank inside!" The dog barking and bounding inside after his mistress. Cassie was in the kitchen 2 glasses of ice water on the counter for each of them bending over the over soon pulling out a chicken casserole and fresh homemade buns. "So, going to stay for dinner as your timing seems to be right on or do you have other plans...yes Rick I think his name is? and Slade are welcomed...I love to cook what can I say." Pulling butter and jam out of the fridge carrying into the dinning room of hers as she let dinner cool setting the table for dinner.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 04:24 AM
"You're just- Slade- Just leave him alone, okay?"
"Uncalled for," Trei moaned, rubbing the back of his head. As Cassie walked inside with her dog Trei looked at his fingertips. They were a bright red. Not yet, he thought.
He took a seat across from Cassie. "Ricky is-Oh God knows where Ricky's at and Slade is...busy. Just me tonight."
He stared at the food. "Wow, that looks great, I'd love some." His mouth began to water. Healing your wounds isn't you're only 'gift' huh?"

Setsa
08-18-2011, 05:11 AM
"For now I'll leave him alone....and I'm what?" Only setting the table for two, putting the casserole on the table with fresh sateed veggies and the rolls sitting down likeing the dinner company. "Us it is then...and cooking? Cooking is just a hobby, baking..now that's a passion!" Smiling happily as they eat dinner. "As for gifts I have the gift of tongue...besides a long tongue...no comments or I'm slapping your head again." She warned Trei.. "I mean language wise...every language present or past I can understand, write, and speak." Rolling off ancient babylonian, old english, french, arabic, old egyptian, russian old and present. To give him an example even saying the ones he tried her on before drinking some water, excusing herself as she cleans off the table letting him finish eating and does the dishes still talking.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Trei scooped the last of his dinner into his mouth. "Why do you take French then?" he asked. Immediately he thought of Ricky who had known Spanish before he had even known English. "Easy grade?"
Trei gave another smirk. Rising from the table, he said, "I'm taking Latin and I'm really bad at it. Maybe you could help me, Ms. Big Tounge." He smiled and quickly backed away before Cassie could do anything. "If that's okay with you..."

Setsa
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
"Yea for an easy grade and great as my major is in ancient civilizations and minor in foreign languages. Sure I can help you I love latin no problem and dont worry so.....I only work on that head for very smart ass remarks or occasional needed wakeup call" Hugs Trei to prove she is good with her soft arms. "So you need to get going home don't you? Mind you I am not pushing you out I just need to go on my run with Tank before starting my homework so I'm done for this 3 day weekend which reminds me." Smiles putting on Tank's leash and grabs her cell and keys in a specific belt around her waist to keep things as such on and a water bottle holder. "You still haven't told me what there is to do around here thats fun Trei." Cassie definetly didn't want to stay home for 3 days alone. She was having enough of that already.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 03:48 PM
"Oh, right," Trei said. "Well, there's a few restaurants around town. Not many, mind you, but enough. There's the great spot that gives you a great view of the sun setting on our Lupe River. And a bunch of movie theatres." Trei smiled. "Guess I'll just have to take you there."
Trei pulled out his cell phone. "Hey, how about we exchange numbers and I can call you later tonight?"
Trei exchanged numbers and then walked to his car. "Bye Cassie," he called and drove off.
His fingers were tingling. "All in due time," he said with a smirk.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Cassie went on her now 2 mile jog with Tank and did her homework that night... Rubbing her temples having a small headache from it all...least French was always a breeze. Changing for the night in tiny sleeping shorts and a very low cut silk tank...not even wanting to know how many tanks she had. Taking some tylenol with a coke wanting to catch up on her shows Cassie sat down with Tank's head in her lap just turning the tv on when her cell rang. Not even bothering to look to see who was calling. "Hello?"

Ashen
08-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Trei scribbled down the answers to his math homework. With his twelve-year-old cousin next to him-why did he always have to babysit?-he stared at the clock. "Hey Kayla, they're giving that wizard show you watch."
Kayla stared up at him, her blue eyes concentrating on his green ones. "That's nice," she replied.
"Why don't you go watch it?" Trei urged.
"I don't wanna." Kayla pointed down to his math homework. "You might have made it to college but you're still an idiot. Five times five is not twenty, stupid."
Snatching the paper, he stared down at his work. "Shut up. I wasn't multiplying; I was adding."
"Five plus five is ten," Kayla pointed.
"Look smart-ass, I don't care. Go do your own homework."
"That's what I pay that nerd to do."
"No wonder you get good grades," Trei mumbled. He shoved her out of his room and called Cassie.
"Hey, you want to go out for lunch tomorrow?"
"Trei's got a girlfriend!" Kayla shouted for the whole block to hear.
"Dammit Kayla go watch TV!" He cleared his throat. "So?"

Setsa
08-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Hearing a girl's voice in the background she chuckles "Hey Trei and that has not even been discussed." Referring to the girlfriend announcement. "But yea lunch sounds great...lets say what? Pick me up at 11:30 so I can walk Tank before hand?" It has been such a long time since she had been out on a date....reminding herself ofa dress she just got at a store durring the move that would defiently make his jaw drop. Wondering if it would be just them or ricky and Slade as well though she wouldn't care either way. "Oh and tell Kayla the not girlfriend yet says hi."

Ashen
08-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Trei smiled. "Nah, I think I hear the TV. She's occupied for now.
"11:30 is fine with me."
"Trei!" Kayla whined.
Sighing, Trei said into the phone, "One second."
He walked into the living room to find Kayla with blood dripping from her finger. "How the hell?" he said.
"Trei! Fix it!"
"I can't fix it idiot you tore your skin!" Taking a breath, Trei turned around. "It'll heal in a second. He walked back to his room and grabbed the phone. "Sorry, my cousin is a brat. So where were we? Ah, 11:30. Okay, don't keep me waiting."
"Trei, it healed! How did it do that?"
Ignoring his cousin, Trei hung up and turned on his TV to the wizard show. It couldn't hurt to find some information.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Thought she heard something about blood then healing she passed it off as a typical human cut. "Never see you then."

The next day Cassie was ready in a sexy low cut light red summer dress with lace trim on the bottom a perfect short length to show off her running toned legs but long enough to not worry about flashing people. The straps were actually tied ribbons on her shoulders hoping they didn't come undone durring the day. Hair partially up wearing nice sandals great for the date and anything else he had planned. Tank barking in approval as she grabbed her purse and keys. "Guard the house hmmm? I'll be back in a bit." Seeing Trei pulling up she kissed Tank's head, stepping out locking the door behind and walking towards the car... "So Trei...didn't make you wait like I promised. Am I dressed for what you have planned?" Turning around

Ashen
08-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Trei lay in his bed with his eyes wide open. "You know it's 11, right?" Kayla called.
Trei shot up. "What?" He ripped off his blanket and ran into the bathroom. "I don't even have time for a shower," he moaned. He tried combing his hair but it was a knotted mess. "Whatever," he sighed. Trei walked back to his room and saw his clock. "KAYLA!" he screeched.
"What?" she called back.
"It's eight o'clock in the morning!"
"I know that."
Trei rubbed his eyes with the back of his palm. He walked into the kitchen. "Tell me again why you're still here," he said.
"Because my stupid mom prefers drinking to picking up her only child," Kayla replied. "You're not going on your date like that, are you?"
"It's not a date," Trei replied. He looked down. "What's wrong with it?"
Sighing, Kayla removed herself from the couch. "You do not wear jeans on a fate. Don't you know anything?"

"I look like a nerd," Trei complained staring in the mirror.
"No, you look nice. It was the best I could do with such an ugly dress-up doll."
"Thank you," Trei said with a frown. "Am I good to go now?"
"Nope." Kayla ran into Trei's room. "Here." She handed him a bottle of perfume.
"You're dead serious right now."
Nodded, Kayla laughed and sprayed some on. "And you can't leave me here alone so it looks like I'm coming."

Trei watched as Cassie exited her house. "Damn," Kayla said from the back seat.
"Watch your language," Trei reminded but Kayla took the word from his mouth.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Leaning into the window of the car seeing Kayla "Kayla I presume? A pleasure hun comming along with us then? " Sitting in the car leaning to kiss Trei's cheek with a soft peck. "So where are we going for lunch and seeing miss Kayla....I have it something else is planned....." Watching the scenery as Cassie goes with Trei and Kayla to lunch lovign the summer weather.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 05:35 PM
"Sorry about that, I couldn't leave her alone and her mom didn't pick her up last night. I'm sorry."
Kayla leaned up to Trei and said, "Don't be; this is going to be fun."
Trei glared at her and drove to a restaurant. "Are you alright with this place?"
"Yeah it's great," Kayla said.
"Not you. Why can't you be a big girl and babysit yourself."
"Because the last time I did that I broke both my arms."
"You were two years old. I went to the store for a dri- Cassie, let's go."

Setsa
08-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Linking arms with Trei "the place is great relax....come Kayla" holding the girl's hand with her free hand as they all walk in. Being seated she was having a good time talking with Trei and Kayla sitting between them Kayla making sure she was nearly sitting in Trei's lap. "Sweetie....mind giving me a little mroe room please?" Smiling to the young girl not even wanting to know what thoughts were racing through Trei's mind when it came to dessert. Having ordered a chocolate cheesecake feeding the first bit to Trei. "Mmmm now isn't that good...so soft, silky....powerful flavor of desire." Yea she was doing it on purpose just to drive him wild...ultimate payback for freaking out on her.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Trei looked away from Cassie. "If you'll excuse me," he said and left to the bathroom.
Kayla giggled. "That's our Trei," she joked. She turned to Cassie. "You don't gotta be all over my big cousin," she said. "You're going to drive him crazy-Wait, he already did that himself."

Trei stared at himself in the mirror. This was turning into something too fast. He could t take it. But maybe it could be used as an advantage.
Trei washed his hands and walked back to the booth. "Kayla, stop bothering her," he said as Kayla turned to face him.
"I wasn't," she protested.
"Cassie," he smiled, "shall we go?"

Setsa
08-18-2011, 06:05 PM
While he was in the bathroom "Let you in on a little secret kayla....I'm not like this. I only teased him so as payback for freaking out on me he can tell you the story later." Winks as welcomes Trei back "sure thing." Walking back to the car not wanting to give him a worse impression of her when they reached his car "hey Trei remember the freak episode Thursday?? all that teasing I was doing just now...?" A big grin on her face with a wink. "Payback is great isn't it..now we're even." Stepping into the car after Kayla gets in buckling up. "So where to now?"

Ashen
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Trei glared at Cassie. Oh yeah, he thought, Karma's a bitch.
Trei drove to the movie theatre. "What do you want to see?" he asked Cassie.
"Oh, that new movie about ghosts sounds good." Kayla said.
"No, you're going to watch some G-rated movie. Here." Trei handed Kayla fifteen dollars. Kayla left, annoyed.
"So," Trei turned to Cassie, "pick a movie."

Setsa
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
"Hmmmm a good action or horror sounds good to me Trei." Says smiling as he paid and they went into the theature sitting down in the seats just in time when the movie started. Drinking a bottle of water too full from the lunch before. Leaning over to whisper in his ear.... "if you get scared I'm right here...." Loving to joke and tease just a little bit. It being years since had time or dared to see a movie.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 08:04 PM
"I don't scare easily," Trei whispered and sat down to watch the movie.

"Well that was a nice movie," Trei said exiting the theatre. He scanned the crowds for Kayla who was nowhere to be seen. "Have you seen Kayla?" he asked Cassie.
He searched around but couldn't find her. "Ugh," he sighed. He closed his eyes and concentrated. "The ladies room," he said, opening his eyes.
He turned to Cassie. Could you check the ladies room? I have..Er, a feeling, she's in there. Obviously I can't go in there." He was almost grateful Kayla wasn't beside him because he knew she would protest.

Setsa
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Perking up an eyebrow hearing about this 'feeling'. "Uh huh....and you dont know what gifted is...you have 'splangin to do Lucy" Walking into the ladies room. "Kayla? Kayla you here? Ah there you are...hurry and dry your hands hun Trei's waiting outside for you." Taking her hand when she'd done all three now following to the car getting in Cassie closing her eyes for a moment enjoying the sun's warmth as they drive for what she figured was back to her house. "You know Kayla.....I got a big German Shepard dog name Tank that loves people..."

Ashen
08-18-2011, 08:29 PM
"I just know my baby cousin," Trei protested.
He walked Kayla and Cassie back to his car once they were out of the bathroom. "What movie did you see?" Trei asked.
"Seventeen Again," Kayla answered almost too quickly.
"That's been out for a year. Why is it still playing?"
Kayla shrugged. She turned her attention to Cassie. "I'm allergic to dogs. At least that's what the doctors tell me."
Trei felt his phone vibrate and reach for it. "Hello?" he said into it.
"Oh, Hey Aunt Carrol. Yeah, she's right her. I'll bring her home."
He hung up. "Kayla, your aunt is picking you up."
"Where is mom?"
"I don't know. Sorry Cassid, I'm going to have to drive home first. Then we'll be alone."

Setsa
08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
"No problem Trei, Tank is out back so he'll be just fine." Smiling softly...
When they arrived at the house Cassie opted to stay in the car after giving Kayla a hug and kiss on the cheek. "I had fun Kayla and I'm sure can take allergy meds and come see Tank sometime with your big cous hmmm? He knows where I'm at obviously." Waving the girl by sitting back in the car enjoying the summer heat eyes closed as if soaking the sun up like a lizard. Tapping her foot to the song that was playing on the radio.

Ashen
08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Kayla walked into the house. "Aunt Carrol?" she called.
"Oh, Kay, come on."
"Bye Kay," Trei smirked. He knew Kayla didn't like being called that. He waited for Aunt Carrol and Kayla to leave. Then he walked back to his car and got it.
"Kids... They can drive you up a wall. Where to now?"
Trei felt his phone vibrate again. "One sec," he said. "Hello."
"Oh. Hey Ricky. Um, I can't, why not try Slade? But I'm out. Tomorrow I'll go to your place to watch the game. Alright, see you at five."
He hung up his phone. "I'm sorry. Now where did you want to go?"

Setsa
08-18-2011, 09:55 PM
"Well if you don't mind me asking...what did Ricky want to do with you? I don't mind one bit if you drop me off, shoot I had no idea what we were doing today anyways." Smiles as they drive looking at everything that they passed as she hasn't explored the town much past the grocery store, jogging route and the college campus. Oh what an exciting life she was living...not believing this is how normal people were. "How is Ricky and Slade by the way...do they even know you're on a date with me today?'

Ashen
08-18-2011, 10:16 PM
"A date," Trei echoed. "Is that what this is?" Trei shifted uncomfortably for only a reason he knew. "Right, well, Ricky's a little bored cause Slade and I usually hang out with him on weekends. Seeing as how I'm with you-" Trei stopped. He rephrased, "Seeing as how I'm spending the day with you and Slade is bummed about his sister Enrique has nothing to do." Trei smiled, then added, "Don't call him that. Ever."
He let out a sigh. "I guess I'll have to keep you to myself. Nevermind Ricky."

Setsa
08-18-2011, 10:40 PM
"Ok true not a date...just a good day out with a friend that feeds you at times." Winking with a smile. "Keep me to yourself huh? Nah...off to Ricky's we go, least can do is see him really quick. Never know, maybe you surprising him will cheer the poor guy up...I got a French Silk Pie I made this morning if it helps sway you....." Good food always a way to please a man, that and she loved to feed good guys... Cassie smiled minutes later when they arrived at a house guessing it was Ricky's

Ashen
08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
"Alright, are you coming?" Not waiting for an answer, Trei got out of the car and knocked on Ricky's door. A little kid opened the door, about eight years old. "Um, is Ricky home?"
"Que?"
Trei sighed. "Enrique," he said in the best Spanish accent he could pull off, "Donde at?"
The boy laughed at Trei. "Donde at? Que eso?"
Trei sighed. "Where is Ricky?"
"In his room," the kid said in plain English and ran off, laughing.
Trei shook his head and noticed Cassie. "Oh," he said, "I could have made you do that."
"Steph, who's there?" Trei heard, Ricky's voice. "Stephano!" Ricky got up and stared at Trei and Cassie. "Oh," he said. "Hi Trei. Um, hello... Cassie?"
"S'up man? Can we come in?"
"I was just...leaving..." Ricky said. He looked at Cassie. "sorry."

Setsa
08-18-2011, 11:18 PM
"Don't be it was me who insisted that Trei sees you after all." " Sin embargo, un placer conocerte al fin, con respeto, Enrique. Y sí, soy Cassie But a pleasure to finally meet you, with respect, Enrique. And yes, I'm Cassie." Speaking perfect Spanish with a Spaniard dialect to help break the uneasyness of the surprise.

"If you like we can go let you do your thing...I did promise Trei some homemade French Silk Pie I made if he comes by to see you afterall." A smile on her face as they walked back to the cars. "Ofcourse I have more than enough if you cared to make a quick pit stop I can have it 'to go'."

Ashen
08-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Ricky stood back, admiring Cassie's accent. He was surprised to hear her speak in his native language. "It's Ricky, white girl," he warned.
"Loosen up, Rick. Enrique is on your birth certificate." Trei said.
Ricky waited until Cassie was in Trei's car. "Trei, you don't know what you're getting yourself into. Stop speaking with that bruja."
"I don't know what that means, but I know it's not good."
"It means witch. She's using you, Trei."
"Enrique," Trei snapped, getting Ricky's attention, "Yo se lo que estoy haciendo."
Ricky stared as Trei walked away. He knew Trei didn't know Spanish. "You have no idea what you're doing," he called.

"That's pretty nice, what you do there. Ricky really likes when someone speaks his language. Impressive. So, to your house?

Setsa
08-18-2011, 11:45 PM
"Thanks and sure if you're ready." Glad in a way the radio was on so she didn't hear their brief conversation. At her place Tank ran inside soon as she let him in to great Trei wagging his tail hard. "Easy Tank you only love him cause he pets you." Cassie teased bringing out the pie and some saucers to plate it. Tank running off then returning to the guy with a big ball in his mouth dropping it at the human's feet. "So, big or little slice?"

Ashen
08-18-2011, 11:53 PM
"I like 'em big," he smiled. He left it up to Cassie to decide what he was referring to.
Trei sat down and ate his pie. He thought of his friends. He had made Slade made by bringing up his sister and now He gave Ricky a reason to hold a grudge. He sighed. Cassie was worth it. He looked up and met her eyes. Wasn't she?
His fingers were burning with anxiety. His eyes had probably darkened. But he didn't care. It wasn't time yet.
"What was it like growing up?" Trei asked. "What was your first language or did you know them all at once? When did you learn them? Did you come out of the womb speaking sentences? Why am I asking twenty questions?" Trei smirked and waited for answers.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 12:40 AM
"Hmm I bet you do.." handing Trei the pie at the table sitting down beside with a smaller slice.
"Growing up my parents died when I was young...Richard; the family's dear friend was awarded guardianship over me in their will he was how you say a "butler??" But never considered him that, right now he's relaxing at the estate while I do the schooling the lucky guy, but I do love this independance bit too." Smiles... "And I have always been able to understand, learn, speak every past and present language. No idea how early guess was that young...and for the twenty questions I have no idea but that's ok." Drinking some water noticing that something was on his mind from his eyes.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 12:49 AM
"Oh, raised by the butler, eh? That's pretty interesting. I'm an only child myself with just my dad. Wherever he may be. He left us twenty years ago. Aunt Carrol likes to say he took one look at me and left. Doesn't bother me none."
Glancing at his cell's clock, he said, "I should be home now. See you Monday." Trei got into his car and drove home.
"Almost," he said for his own comfort.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Cassie spent the rest of the day with her routine of jogging with Tank, just a salad for dinner after the busy day. Forgetting completely about thanking Trei for the day she grabbed her phone. 'Hey, wanted to say thanks for the great day...Kayla too see you later -C- ." Watching a few movies with Tank, shower and bed the two soon feel alseep. Tank being a big lover right up against his mistress on top of the covers in bed.

The next day Cassie cleaned the house herself, something she hated when she had maids but it was good to know either way. Rewarding herself by slipping into her string bikini and taking a swin in the pool throwing the ball for Tank inthe water.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Slade pulled himself from his mattress. It was Sunday.
Slade dragged himself from his room and walked to the bathroom. He stared at himself in the mirror. In the mirror he saw a young man two shades too pale. His eyes were a dilated brown and his hair was a tangled mess of black. He looked, appropriately, like shit.
Slade snuck downstairs-he'd always been a ghost in his own house-and walked outside. He got into his mother's car and drove.
He didn't know where he was going but he didn't need to. He just let him hands take the wheel.
Slade got out of his car and walked the yards to his destination. He stared down at the grave, still and cold. He sat down next to it and read the inscription. Illi Parks, it read.
"You know sis," Slade said, I can't help but feel jealous. You made it out of this world." Slade dug into his back pocket and pulled out a plastic baggie. "I've been trying for years," he said, popping a pill into his mouth.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Taking a shower to get the chlorine from the pool out of her hair an doff body, giving Tank a bath too she did remember something about a big beach nearby that was a great spot to relax. Putting on a light blue string bikini and tiny jean shorts putting her hair up in two braided pigtails behind ears. "Come on boy lets get some sun...and actually see people." Getting in the truck, Tank in the passenger seat she plugged the address into the GPS she found online and they were off.

At the beach it only 1pm, Cassie took off her shorts, laid out 2 really large towels plenty for the both of them...beach umbrella, sunglasses on, plenty of drink in a small cooler... Tank well trained to stay at her side. The two sunbathed and watched the people the brute of a dog getting plenty of petting from the locals only wagging his tail having a blast.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Ricky startled out of sleep. He had a bad feeling about Cassie that he hadn't been able to shake. People don't just move in to new towns and claim they knew how to do magic. But it just wasn't possible...was it?
Ricky heard the chatter of his brothers out of his door. He pulled on some pants and walked out of his room. "Qué tú hase?" Ricky asked, staring at his brother Stephano.
"We're just playing," said Stephano's friend from school. "You wanna play?"
Ricky smiled. "Nah, that's okay. But beat Stephie for me, okay?"
Steph's friend smiled and said, "Sí!" His accent sounded pretty bad to someone who had speaking Spanish all his life but Ricky smiled at his effort.
Ricky walked into his kitchen and got last night's leftovers. Today Trei was coming over. Ricky silently prayed he wouldn't bring Cassie. If he did, it would be four hours of an awkward silence.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Relaxing in the sun, Cassie recognized a voice in the crowd. A smile across her face sitting up and waving to the girl. "Hey! Kayla! Hiyas!!" Immediatley seeing no one with her she hoped that she didn't find a way to come down herself. A bit sad the child wad tended to by her cousin and Aunt much more than her mother. Moving over to let her sit with them Tank wagging very happily as she reached into her small bag then getting some water from the cooler. "He just got a bath before we came and german shepards are lower allergy causing as is but here....some childrens benadryl if you want it." Hugging Kayla glad to see someone she knew past all the guys googling over her as they past. "Who are you with sweetie?"

Ashen
08-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Kayla perked, looking to the source of her name. "Cassie?" she called. Kayla walked over.
Pulling her blue towel tighter around her body, she said, "Oh, no thanks." She backed away from the German Shepherd. "Actually," she said, reconsidering, "I'll take them." She took the pills from her. "Now, my mother brought me here but God knows where she is now. She thinks this is a good idea of mother-daughter bonding. If you ask me, this whole family needs to learn how to have fun." She smiled.
"Trei isn't here, is he?" Kayla said, scanning the crowd. "I thought I got rid of him yesterday." Kayla unwrapped her towel and rewraped it. This time hiding the pill from view.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 05:40 AM
"No I haven't seen Trei, Tank and I came alone if I remember right he is at Ricky's, but you are more than welcome to stay here with me and when we're ready to go you can call Trei and we'll figure out where I am to take you sound like a plan?" Handing her a bag of fresh sliced fruit to snack on laying back down on the towel as Tank nudges her in his hello.

"So tell me, what is up with Trei he seems off at times. and I mean besides being your cous." Winks at her smiling.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Kayla stepped away from the dog. She sat down on the sand and stared up at Cassie. "What do you mean?" she asked. "Trei is Trei. He's weird, but it runs in the family. The only sane one in the family was Aunt Helena. That's Trei mom. But now she's dead. Trei's dad killed her." Kayla shrugged. "We all have problems in our family. My mom is a drunk whore, Aunt Carrol is an old cat lady, even that maid we once hired-who knows where Mom got money for that-was addicted to coke." Kayla shook her head, remembering the scene. "Well, back to Trei."
Kayla pulled her blonde hair into a ponytail. "He was eight when I was born. He also treated me like a baby-still does. But that boy does wonders when I'm in trouble."

Setsa
08-19-2011, 06:49 PM
After a few hours of having a nice talk with Kayla it was getting that time for her to head home. Seeing as Kayla's mom hasn't even been around she handed her cell to the girl. "Call Trei...see what he want to do with you sweetie...I can always take you home a give you dinner. How does Spegetti sound? I can make anything you want if it feeds you well."

Ashen
08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Kayla got up, still clutching the pills Cassie had given her. "No, that's okay," she said, rejecting her phone. "I know how to get home from here."
Kayla stared into the sky and found that the sun was nearly setting. It must have been at least five. Trei was at his friend's house anyway.
Kayla started to walk home. She was in flip-flops and they were killing her feet so she took them off and walked barefoot. When she got home she unlocked the door and went up to her room. There, she found her mother.
"May I ask what you're doing?" Kayla demanded.
"Why can't you be a normal teenager and stash alcohol?" her mom asked, looking in a dresser, behind it.
"Because I am twelve years old, in case you haven't noticed. Go buy some."
"I don't have any money." Kayla paused. Those were five words a mother shouldn't admit to her child. "None," Kayla confirmed and she nodded.
"I'm out of here," Kayla moaned. She packed a bag and started walking. "Mega screw up," she sighed. "This whole family."

She picked the lock and opened the door. It was pointless to call to anyone; Trei was at Ricky's house. Kayla went into Trei's room, locked the door, and started to cry.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 07:12 PM
[Cell Text]--Trei, saw Kayla at beach today she left on her own to her home. I just got home myself and just wanted to give you the heads up big cous. lol syl tomorrow -C-

There, now she felt better about Kayla. If that mother of hers wasn't going to care for her she'd take Kayla herself....heavens knows she has more than enough money to support the girl... Mothers that didn't care for their children was irritating for her. Rubbng lotion all over so she doesn't burn Cassie started on dinner still in her bikini and short as this was her jogging day off. The smell of steak, baked potatoes, and greens was to good for Tank to resist right at her heels for a tidbit that may happen to accidenly fall off the plate. Beer in hand Cassie sat on the couch and enjoyed dinner.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 07:26 PM
"Kick it! Kick it! Kick the damn ball!"
"They can't hear you," Stephano pointed. "Why do you watch football if you're just going to yell at the screen?"
Ricky glared at his little brother. "Go away," he said.
Trei dug into the bowl of popcorn. "I could do this for the rest of my life."
"Wouldn't you get tired of football though? I always preferred soccer anyway. You should see my family during soccer season..."
Stephano interrupted, "One thing you never want to witness is a bunch of Mexicans glued to a TV watching soccer. You think Mexicans speak fast? Try interpreting what they're saying when they're slinging Spanish curses at the idiot that missed the goal..."
Ricky smiled, then said, "He's got a point."
Trei's phone vibrated. He grabbed it and checked his message. "Who's bothering you in the middle of football?" Ricky asked as if it was a sin, then laughed.
"Oh, it's Cassie. My cousin had to walk home alone today."
Trei typed up a response.
K thnx. ill call her later
Trei turned his attention back to the TV and watched as the hone team won the game.

Trei opened his door and walked into the kitchen. He grabbed a Pepsi from the fridge and walked into his room. There he saw Kayla curled on his bed. "Kayla?"
Kayla's eyes drifted open. "Oh hi Trei."
"What are you doing here?"
"My mother has finally run out of money."
"She told you this," Trei said, doubting.
"Yep. I found her looking for beer in my room. She then scolded me for not being a normal teen and hiding alcohol."
"Kayla..." At a loss, Trei just stared. "It is gonna be okay."
Kayla finally broke. Her blue eyes turned glossy with tears. "No it won't be," she whispered. "I can't live here forever. My mom is a freaking slut and I have nowhere to go. What am I supposed to do, Trei? I can't do anything! I-I..."
"Kayla," Trei interrupted, "there's something I need to tell you."

Setsa
08-19-2011, 07:33 PM
[nice]

Cassie did her routine of dishes, shower, and watch her shows before bed recieving the text back from Trie made her smile knowing Trei would take care of her tonight. Reading in bed for a brief bit she soon fell asleep with the cuddle fur Tank.

The next day Cassie was in shorts, sneakers and her usual tank hair braided back parially so the length still traced her back licking at the hips. Hoping Slade was ok remembering to just "stay away from him" via Trei's advce she would just let hings roll. Sitting down in her usual spot after turning the weekend assignment in she waited....

Ashen
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
"Trei!" Kayla yelled.
Trei opened his eyes. "Yes?"
"You have to take me to school."
"Shit," Trei said, pulling himself out of bed. "What time is it?"
"It's ten of eight."
"Why didn't you wake me up earlier? Dammit Kayla, your school isn't around the corner."
Kayla stared at Trei. "Why can't you just-"
"Don't say it. Dot dare. Get in the car."
"Fine." Kayla walked outside. "I didn't have breakfast."
Trei sighed. "I have to go to college Kayla. Just get in the car."
Kayla stepped into the car and was driven to school. Trei gave her five dollars. "Take the bus home."
Nodding, Kayla walked into her school.
Trei drove to his college. He almost got out of the car when he realised he was in boxers and had no shirt. He smashed his head against his driving wheel. "Note to self: Do not have kids."
Turning the car around, Trei cursed himself over and over.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
While waiting still for class to start rumors were already being whispered about Tre in his car with only boxers. Cassie had to smile figuring either he got some action, lost a football bet with Ricky yesterday, or it had to deal with Kayla yesterday. Either way she couldn't resist the urge to mention it to him in private later today.

Suddenly to almost her shock she noticed the last few students hurryig into French class, one was Slade who actually sat beside her in his "spit throne..." Trying so hard not to smirk with that though she only gave a small, single nod. And left it as that.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Ricky ran up to Slade. "Hey, where's Trei?"
"I thought you bet him or something about football. He's usually not late."
"He seemed fine yesterday." Ricky shrugged. "I heard this rumour..."
"I know," Slade interrupted. He couldn't help but feel bad. After all, his last words to Trei weren't the greatest.
"Well, I'll catch you at lunch. I've got Spanish to attend to."
"Right. I have French. See ya' Rick."
Ricky left with a smile. At least Slade is in a better mood.
Slade walked into French, late as usual. He sat down in his seat next to Cassie. She nodded so Slade gave a nod in turn. "Where's Trei?" he asked her in a whisper.
He looked to the front of the class. A sentence was on the board, one he couldn't understand.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 09:29 PM
"Rumor has it he came to school in just his boxers so went home to get dressed...I'm sure he will be to next class on time. His cousin Kayla been going through things..figured that was why." Cassie whispered back with a smile greeting her "spit god." Glad to see he was doing better. Working through French writing down the translation notes not in English but perfect French like it was nothing, tapping her foot to a tune stuck in her head until the bell rang. "Well one down few more to go! Oh!" Turning around to face Slade a kind, soft smile on her face... "I'm glad to see you are doing better...let me know if you need anything I promise I don't bit.." Walking off to her next set of classes.

Seeing Slade in a better mood and actually saying a nice sentence to her mad Cassie's morning sitting down inside the cafeteria this time, alone as it was pouring rain outside. Her clothes wet from the dash to the truck almost kicking herself for not just staying in there to have lunch, Poking at a tomato in her salad that thought a game of tag was fun.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Slade nodded and turned back to class. Which, of course, he did terribly in.
At lunch he met up with Ricky. "No Trei then, huh?" Slade commented.
"Nope." Ricky said, inspecting a bag of Cheez-Its. "I found these in Steph's room... I wonder if they're good..."
Slade snatched the bad and opened it. "Too bad we don't have the God of Food with us today," Slade said, popping a square into his mouth. "Tastes fine to me. Maybe a little stale, but definitely not poisonous."
He handed the bag back to Ricky. Ricky laughed. "Wow dude, that's the first time I've seen you eat since knowing you."
Slade's expression turned. "I eat a healthy diet. One more comment about my eating habits and so help me God-"
"Sorry, man. I didn't mean it like you were-" Ricky stopped himself.
"Go ahead, say it." Slade invited.
"Hey look," Ricky changed the subject, "Cassie's all alone. Go keep her company."
He turned away and disappeared in the crowd.
Slade shrugged and walked over to Cassie. "Hey," he said. He stared at the salad she was eating. "Ranch?" he guessed.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 09:51 PM
"Always ofcourse..come sit Slade." Ushering to the seat beside her. Taking out some homemade enchiladas from last night always having an extra one on hand just in case..that and it help to get the leftovers out of her fridge faster. "Here my powerful spit god." Saying with nothing but kindness showing with a wink. "Cassie's heart stopping enchiladas please eat I have too many leftovers staring back at me in the fridege for tonight as is...and I made these yesterday." Putting the sourcream and salsa between them to share..admitting it was nice to have company for lunch.

"So...missing French friday and thursday...need help to catch up?" Making light conversation.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Slade stared at the wrap in front of him. "No thanks," he said, "I ate." It was a total lie but Slade wasn't in the mood to eat. "I'm actually stuffed."
Slade leaned back. "That's alright. I'm never going to France so I don't plan on learning the language. I took the language 'cause I had to." Slade looked behind him. "I wonder where Ricky went," he mumbled to himself. He turned back to Cassie. "You said in French today that Trei's cousin was having trouble... What kind of trouble?" Slade couldn't help but feel like he needed to help. He could have prevented Illi's death. He didn't have to make the wrong choice again.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Taking the enchilada back into her lunch bag she only shrugged it was no big deal. "Well from her words exactly...her mother is a "drunk whore" that rarely tends to her. Apparently their Aunt Carol? Helps to watch her along with Trei so yea." Smiles softly.."personally that girl is a sweetie and I wouldn't mind taking her for good just for the stability i don't know about your thoughts on it."

Cassie was enjoying their conversation even if it was about Kayla and Trei. "But I am going to mention's Trei's boxer car modeling in class here in a bit if you don't beat me to it."

Ashen
08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
"That girl... Kayla... She's twelve years old," Slade protested. "How can her mother abandon her when she is twelve? What kind of sick woman-"
Slade stopped himself. He was talking about Trei's aunt. "I'll drop by Trei's house later today and see what is going on."
The bell rang and Slade smiled. "Off to class," he smiled but he had other plans.
He shuffled out of the cafeteria and left the school. He drove to Trei's house and knocked on his door.
"Trei?" he called. No one answered the door. He looked around for a spare key but found none. He walked around back but that door was locked too. Slade peered into a window. It didn't look like Trei was home.
Aggravated, Slade walked back to his car and sat down. He turned the radio on to find the song "Beautiful Girls" on. He sat still as Sean Kingston sang his lyrics: "You had me suicidal, suicidal when you say it's over."
Slade punched his radio off and sat in silence.

Setsa
08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
"Hey I am having the same thoughts about his Aunt's ....responsibilites to his cousing too." With Slade saying he will stop by personally to see what's up she gave him her cell number so he can call her soon as he knows anything. And/or if he needs help she would back him up..before the bell rang and they went their separate ways.

Going into class she sat down tapping her foot in a quick beat hoping to see Trei walking in, if he didn't then least she know Slade was on it. Telling herself it will all be dealt with one way or another soon enough. Wondering why suddenly she cares so much over people she hardly knew.

Ashen
08-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Trei parked in his driveway. He noticed Slade asleep in his own car and walked up to him. He tapped on the window.
Slade, startled out of sleep, rolled down his window. "Trei," he said and smiled. "Playing hookey?"
"No," Trei answered simply. "Want to come in?"
Slade locked his car and followed Trei into his house. "So why were staying home? You look fine to me."
"Why are you here?" Trei countered. "No, don't answer that."
"Okay," Slade said slowly. He stared at his friend. A stubble of beard had been left on his face and there were bags under his eyes. "Actually," Slade said, "you don't look fine. What's going on, Trei?"
Trei slapped his hands to his face. "I have no idea." He looked up. Trei caught a glimpse of his fingers. "Stop it!" he yelled.
Slade stared at him. "Trei."
Trei showed Slade his fingers which had turned a bloodshot red. "Explain this to me," Trei demanded.
"What the hell? Trei, come on, I'll drive you to the doctors."
"Why? So they can tell me I'm crazy?" Trei took in a huge gulp of air. "Please leave," he said.
"Trei-"
"Leave!"
Slade walked out of Trei's house. There's something wrong. This he knew. But he had no idea how to handle it. He stared at his phone and, noticing school was out, he called Cassie. Maybe Trei would talk to her.
"Cassie," Slade said when she picked up, "you need to see Trei."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Having just gotten out of the shower from her long jog. Her cell rang with Slade's number "hey what's up? Ok...ok stay there did he say where Kayla's at? Ok I'll pick her from school call Ricky too this may take all of us I'll text when we're on our way."

Getting ready putting on a dress and brushing out her long hair not even bothering to put it up she put on some heeled sandals and ran to her truck having Tank in the bed so Kayla would be fine. Pedal to the metal she sped without getting caught to the school honking her horn seeing Kayla waiting alone outside. "Someone call for a ride to Trei's? Come on Kayla get in Slade and Randy are on their way too." Tank sat in the bed of the truck so not to worry the girl.

On the way to Trei's she texted Slade [text] Got Kayla, on way now. -C-

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd130/silly_sammy22/womenssummerdresses2.jpg

Ashen
08-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Slade texted Ricky to come over but Ricky never replied.
Slade waited impatiently for Cassie to come. He couldn't help but feel worried for Trei.
In his mind he stared at Trei's fingers which had turned a red it was almost black. "It's not possible," he murmured. Slade quickly thought of everything that could have caused the bloody colour. "A vein," he said. "If a vein were to burst it would turn everything red with blood. And when the blood wouldn't enter the arteries oxygen would be cut from the brain. And when oxygen is cut from the brain the body shuts down."
Slade ran to Trei's door once again. "Trei!" he called. "You need to see a doctor! Trei!"
Trei walked up to his door and opened it. A chain kept the door from opening all the way.
"Slade," he said slowly. "Isaac Slade I want you to leave. I want you turn the other cheek. You never saw me today, okay? Please Slade, just leave. I-I-" Trei dissolved into a puddle on the floor. Slade crouched down beside him. "Slade." Trei warned. He looked into his eyes. Slade noticed for the first time that Trei's eyes were no longer green but red. He saw the intensity and nodded. Getting up, Slade turned and saw Cassie. He ran up to her. "He's gone crazy," Slade moaned.
"What?" Kayla asked. Leaving her bag on the ground she ran up to Trei's door. "Trei, it's Kayla, let me in!" Trei looked up and, noticing it was Kayla, he unlocked the chain. "Kayla, go to your room."
"I don't have a-"
"Go!"
Trei saw Cassie and his eyes softened. Then, taking her in, he closed his eyes. "Oh God."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 12:37 AM
"Alright Slade we're here I came as fast as I could" reassuring hand on his shoulder as the dress accentuated everything good in her figure. Knowing Trei loved her in a dress from their day together she figured it may least get him to talk. Tank soon rejoined his mistress sniffing the legs of Slade who he hasn't seen before wagging his tail. "He loves my dog so figured I bring him along...that and i have a feeling it will be a looong night for us all." Smiling softly to Slade noticing Trei had opened the door fully to let Kayla in.

"Hey there stranger...care to let us in?" Going into her truck real quick slightly bending over as she did. Holding now a round container with a handle. "I got that French Silk pie you loved and Apple as well....you know you want some..."

Ashen
08-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Slade stared at Trei from afar. He couldn't stand being there. So he went home.
Kayla walked back to the door and opened it. She tried to haul her cousin from the floor. "Kayla, I'm fine," Trei said, sobering. He stared at Cassie. "I-I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to explain this."
Kayla made Trei look at her. "Is this about what you told me yesterday?"
"I-" Trei started. "It's better if I show you." Trei picked himself up and walked to his backyard. He made sure at least Cassie was following. When she was, he sat down on the grass. He pointed to a grill against his fence. "You see that over there?" he asked. Trei put both his hands up, palms facing the grill. The grill sparked once, twice, then started a flame. "I.. I'm a gifted too," he said, staring up at Cassie. "But I couldn't tell you because... because.."
"Because he's been living in denial." Kayla finished. She hugged her cousin.
"You probably think I'm the worst jerk on the face of the earth right now, and I don't blame you, but I need some time to myself. Please. Kayla, can you...?"
Kayla nodded solemnly. She pushed Cassie out of the house, mumbling, "I'll explain everything."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Cassie walked to the backyard after setting the pies down on the kitchen counter. Seeing Trei's gift and how emotional he was about it Cassie immediatley gave him a close, intense hug wrapping her arms around his neck. "It's ok...I'm here for you one gifted to another..." finger tip rubbing up and down his spine. "Just call me tonight please..." giving him a kiss on the cheek hoping to cheer him up she willingly with Tank left the house.

Going back home with Tank making sure the cellphone stayed with her at all times just eating leftovers even giving the dog some steak from few nights ago. Which he ate like it was heaven in bite sizes.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Kayla inhaled deeply and knocked on the door. When Cassie answered, she smiled and let herself in. "Yes, I did walk here from Trei's," she said before Cassie had a chance to ask anything. He didn't want me in the house anyway. Now about today..."
Kayla glared at Tank. She gulped, then turned back to Cassie. "Trei's usually a very strong guy. But this little... "gift" he has... it's tearing him apart."
She walked into the kitchen and got herself a glass of water. She smiled then continued, "I assume Trei never told you about Aunt Claire," she said. "Or, his mom."
"Everyone says she died of suicide when Trei was ten. Well, that's not true. Trei killed her." Kayla stared at Cassie, waiting for the truth to sink in.
Kayla sneezed, then whined, "Must he be here?" She pointed to the dog.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Tank licks the girl's leg lovingly then pads off to the backyard. Closing the door after listening to Kayla's explination about Trei going into the kitchen opening the fridge. "Help yourself to dinner sweetie more than enough there.... As for Trei he isn't the only gifted person I am as well and he knows it thats why he allowed me in and had no problem showing me. As for his mother's death... most of our gifts are relayed or can be effected with emotions. So he obviously doesn't have much control and even I don't want to know if I let one emotion take over myself...though it be the opposite of anger or death I am almost certain."

Taking a small knife she lightly cut her arm as it instantly heals the blood going back into the body like tha action was reversed in time. "I can heal myself and others...only by a touch, also have the gift of tounges...." I know what he is going through for the most part.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Kayla shook her head. "Okay," she said, pointing to Cassie's arm, "that's freaking awesome."
"Well, Trei was home with his mom one day. Aunt Claire didn't let him go over a friend's house and so her got mad. Really mad. And well..."
Kayla looked away. "Neither Aunt Claire nor that house is still standing. Set them on fire. He didn't mean to; heck, he didn't even know he could summon fire. And so, he convinced himself he couldn't. He told everyone his mom set the fire. She didn't want to live anymore. And of course, where is a ten-year-old going to think that up? So they all believed him. And even Trei grew to believe himself. But when you came along..."
Kayla offered a smile and sipped the water. "You reminded him of the whole thing. And then when he was given me... Trei decided magic-or whatever you want to call it-was the only way he would survive. Now it's driven him crazy."
Kayla went back to the fridge. She pulled out something wrapped in tin foil. "What is that?" she asked. She took a bite out of it. "Not bad."
She sat down. "Well, I don't know what Trei is doing right now. Last night he showed me his... gift, if I can call it that. He made food appear, and I mean like, amazing food. Like tri-tip steak decked in sauce and... Well, you know. He told me it would be okay, because he could provide me with food, among other things. I guess today he found out his fire power and..."
Kayla stopped. "What if he sets the house on fire? What if he sets himself on fire?"

Setsa
08-20-2011, 01:44 AM
"Enchiladas and true..." grabs her keys and bag "Let's go he's better with both of us there than by himself.." Cassie also grabs popcorn and movie for the long night. "I'll stay all night if i have to." Feeding Tank outside she locked the doors and ran out into the truck texting Slade.

Cell text] Going back to trei's will text when have update but right now he's ok -C-

Arriving at the house she knocks at the door with Kayla beside. "Night service!"

Ashen
08-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Kayla shrugged and called, "Trei!"
The door opened and Trei stood before it. "Really, now isn't-"
"Shut up Trei. We're staying here."
Trei looked down at his hands. Sparks were flying from them. "This isn't exactly the safest environment for either of you."
"And you think it's safe for you?" Kayla countered. "Shut up and let us in." She gave him a little shoved and lurched back. "Ow! Damn!" Kayla said instinctively. "You're like an oven!"
"I know that," Trei said, ignoring her bad language. "I also know I can't stay here with you two." Trei began to walk away.
"Where do you think you're going?" Kayla asked, sucking her burnt fingers.
"Swimming. To the mountains. To a freaking iceberg. Somewhere." Trei took of his shirt and threw it into his car. He sat down and heard the sizzle of leather beneath him. He lay his hand on his car's thermometer. Three-hundred degrees F.
"Lovely." He turned to Cassie. "Please tell me you know how I can stop this." His eyes, like fire, were flickering in every shade of red and orange.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Cassie touched Kayla's shoulders briefly to instantly heal her burnt fingers. "Get inside sweety I'll get him in." Going to the car she lets him get out first before taking a deep breath and grabbing his hands softly. It not affecting her one bit she opens her eyes looking down at their hands with a smile. "Well...I'd take that as a start..." Looking into Trei's eyes kissing both of them. "Come inside....we'll take this one step at a time now hmm? I have movies and popcorn....and I won't let go until you think you are ready." Gently guiding him by hand back inside before people noticed. Having them to the kitchen she grabs a glass of ice cold water giving it to Trei. "Here drink for me please.'

Ashen
08-20-2011, 02:07 AM
Trei nodded and chugged the glass of water. "My God, what do I tell Slade? Do not tell him. Don't tell anyone. Please." Trei rubbed his hand against his hair. "Dammit," he mumbled. "Why is this back? I thought I got rid of it ten years ago."
Kayla walked up to Trei. "Sit," she said, pointing to the couch. "Shut up and sit. Now."
Trei obeyed, too tired and confused to do otherwise. There was a knock at the door. "I got it," Kayla said, running to the door. A few moments later she reappeared with Ricky. "I'm sorry, I got here as- What the..." Ricky stared at Cassie over Trei. "Why is- No. I have to go..." When Ricky saw Trei's eyes he paused. Forgetting Cassie temporarily, he leaned down next to Trei. "You feeling okay, buddy?" he asked in a soothing voice. He put his hand up to his forehead. "You're running a fever."
"Yeah," Kayla snorted. "Fever, yea." Ricky stared at her. He then turned to Cassie. "How long?" he asked, reffering to Trei's fever.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 02:18 AM
"Not long Ricky...Kayla came and got me he'll be just fine don't worry he's doing better already I promise." Seeing Trei even more now upset with emotions with Ricky here she sighed looking straight at him. "Dont laught...not a word.." Mouthing "Slade here for Cassie" to him for Ricky to call knowing that may bring him over for her.

Then with Trei sitting on the couch in a dress she sits down on his lap straddling. Touching his forehead to hers she smiles putting his arms around her waist tightly. "Dont be afraid....feel me here...with you ...now." Moving her lips to his ear where Kayla or Ricky can see, whispering softly.

"Listen to my voice....you know you can't hurt me...our gifts can be persuaded by our emotions..." Rubbing his shoulders upa nd down carressing. "Close your eyes and listen to my voice....calm...soft...relaxed...breath with me... In...out..One....in..out...two..." Cassie kept whispering him this until he calmed down.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Ricky stared at Cassie. "Get off of him, he's already hot." Ricky picked up his phone and called Slade. "Get over here. Trei's house. Now."
Ricky sat next to Trei. "Jeez buddy. You better put your fire out before you..." Ricky stopped himself and smiled. "Before you drive youself crazy."
"Too late," Kayla murmured.
Ricky put his arm around Trei's shoulders. Trei shook his head. "Please, both of you, get off." He stared at Ricky. "Aren't I a little hot?"
"Sorry Trei, I'm heterosexual." He offered a grin.
"That's not what I meant." Ricky knew this. He didn't care.
Kayla brought Trei an ice cream. "Here?" she offered. Trei stared at the ice cream. Peach sorbet. His favourite. He grabbed the cone and scooped the ice cream with his hand. He smacked the ice cream on his forehead.
"It melted," Kayla pointed. "That was for you to eat."
A few moments later, Slade arrived. "Trei," he murmured. "What is..."
He stared at Ricky, who had an unrecognizable expression. He bore the expression of knowledge.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Looking as Slade having just brought Trei another glass of water to drink and cool his core. "Well now seeing as you all dont seem surprised at his gift. I'd say we all have some explaining to do." Smiling in thanks for Slade arriving upon her request handing Trei a wet cloth to wipe the icecream off his forehead.

Going into the kitchen she worked some popcorn leaning back against the counter hands resting on the edge on either side silent and waiting.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 03:13 AM
"I am so freaking confused right now," Slade said. "Gift? I'm sorry, what?"
"Trei has the ability to create fire," Ricky said. "He also has the ability to teleport whatever he wants, wherever he wants."
Trei stared at Ricky. "How the hell?"
"And Cassie has the Gift of Tounges. She can understand, speak, read, and write any language that has ever been known. She can also heal anyone with a single touch."
"W-what?" Slade said. "This isn't true. This can't be true. What the hell is going on?"
"How did you know that?" Kayla asked Ricky. "All of it. How did you know?"
"I know," Ricky said, smiling, "because I too am a gifted."
"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Trei asked.
"For the same reason you never told me. I've been denying it. But now I know I cannot." He stared at Cassie. "I've also been avoiding you cause I didn't want to believe you even though I felt it in my veins." Ricky touched his palm to Trei's forehead.
Trei lurched backwards. "Your hand is freezing!" he screeched.
"Yeah, well. It's what I do."
"So you have the power of ice?" Kayla guessed.
"That and so much more," Ricky answered.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 03:26 AM
"Hmmm come on then Slade...gifted or no? though as all gifteds can detect others yes ricky I can too and see I told you Trei but I understand. You can tell us" Says smiling then looking at Ricky. "You oh wise one of accusations....owe me an apoligy for calling me a witch amongst other things. Oh yea I know....and no not from Trei." Standing beside Slade her eyes open up and look to him "you need more proof don't you?" Kayla...you know what I need please sweety.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Slade was stricken. "Gifts," he echoed. "These are mutations."
Ricky motioned towards Slade. "Also half the reason I kept my powers secret. No, Slade is not a gifted. One of my gifts is radar senses. I can detect weird stuff."
Trei lay back, way too confused. "What else can you do, Rick?"
"I'm sort of like an extreme gifted," Ricky explained. "I have way too many powers to name. Basically, you name something and I can do it."
"Like resurrection?" Slade asked.
"Yep," Ricky said, then stilled. "Slade," he said sadly.
"Oh my God Ricky you could have brought Illi back to life and you kept this to yourself you selfish bastard?"
"Child in the room," Kayla commented.
"Kayla go to my room. I have a stash of candy in my pillowcase in the second drawer." Trei said.
"Seriously?" Kayla asked and ran into Trei's room. "Sweet!"
Ricky looked to Slade. "Why would I bring Illi back?" he asked.
"What!" Slade bellowed.
"She killed herself once, Slade. Who's to say she won't do it again? And the second time will be twice the disappointment. Twice the embarrassment. No, Slade."
Slade took in the truth of Ricky's words. He stayed silent.
Trei looked at Cassie. "I think I'm okay now," he said. "Thank you. All."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Agreeing with Ricky as she too had the "radar detection" she looked to Slade. "Just because one can doesn't mean one should....think of it this way. If you committed suicide...and he brought you back...your heart and mind are still in the same place as it was...it would be in a second life of misery...and that wouldn't be fair to you." Smiling to all three of them. "Don't worry Slade...you should have seen Trei when he found out about mine...scared the hell out of you didn't it?" Hearing the microwave beeping she goes to put it in a big bowl hips swaying to her steps.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 04:01 AM
"Yes, well, this is awkward," Slade said. "I find out my two best friend's have freakishly awesome powers and I have nothing."
"You're Slade," Trei said. "That's enough."
They laughed. "So," Ricky said, "now what?"
Trei looked at Cassie. "Maybe we can all watch a movie," he suggested. "No one has any tests tomorrow?"
Ricky shrugged. "I could also use x-ray vision or something."
"Dude you're like Superman," Slade remarked.
Trei put in a movie. "Pass the popcorn, Cass." He smiled up at her.
Slade lay down in front of the couch. Trei sat in the middle with either friend next to him.
"This is great."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Hands Trei and Slade the big bowls of popcorn raising an eyebrow at Ricky "ohhh really?....gee and why would you bring that up now?" All of a sudden very aware of what she was wearing underneath her dress "Don't you even think about it...wait a minute.." Sitting down to the other side of Trei leaning over to look straight into Ricky's eyes. "Have you already used it on me?!"

Trei sighing in content she tries to focus on the movie...."Kayla hun it's movie time come back!" Remembering about the youngest little member of their group.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Ricky glared at Cassie. "Why would you accuse such a thing?" Winking, he said, "Now that you mention it..."
Trei elbowed him. "I was kidding," Ricky said.
Kayla walked back into the living room. "What's this thingy?" she asked Trei, holding up a white capsule.
"That's not candy," Trei said, flicking it out of her hands. "Sit."
Trei leaned back. Today he would relax. Tomorrow he'd figure out what to do with Kayla. He needed to talk to her mom. He leaned back and watched the movie.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Cassie talked back into Ricky's mind she wasn't the best at it chosing to ignore that gift....but she still could. "I refuse to wear Iron lingerie just to keep you at bay...." smirks "now I'll know what you did when you look at me and have that look on you face.." Grabbing some popcorn while watching the movie. Cassie had friends now...gifted ones that accepted her.... tomorrow was definetly going to be an interesting day.

Shoes off rubbing Slade's side as he laid on the floor with her soft foot ... "So tomorrow am I going to have to see the mighty spit god releash your power again on your desk?" Chucking to the movie...

Ashen
08-20-2011, 04:47 AM
"I am not a pervert, I'm not going to stare at your lingerie." Ricky stated.
Slade turned to her. "Just don't piss me off," he warned with a smile.
Trei yawned and soon he fell asleep. His friend's joined him and Kayla lay curled in a ball near the couch. Today was a long day. Tomorrow would be a new one.

"Trei," Kayla cooed, "it's eight o'clock, we're late..."
Trei opened his eyes. He stared at his friend's all in his living room. "Great," he said.
He went into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle. "Let's- Kayla it's seven."
"Opps," Kayla said, laughing. "My mistake." but it was intentional.
"Kayla!" Trei screeched.
Slade got up after Trei's scream. "Oh, what time is it?"
Ricky woke up too. He yawned, then realized it was a school day.
"It's seven," Trei answered. "Are you guys going home or you wanna carpool with me?"

Setsa
08-20-2011, 04:52 AM
"I got to let Tank inside and fed as it's suppose to be hot...someone can ride with me too then it will only take 10 minutes and I'm about 10 minutes away from here towards school." Cassie had barrowed Kayla's brush to get her hair untangled and smooth. Slipping her shoes on to look in the mirror trying to smooth out the wrinkles in her dress. "Ugh I look like a mess..." Her back to everyone else.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Slade stretched his hands above his arms. "Hey Trei, lend me a shirt?"
Trei got up. "Yeah sure," he said, walking into his room. He threw a green T shirt at him.
"I meant a shirt that doesn't make me look like an oompa loompa," Slade complained.
Trei glared at him. "That's my shirt you know," he said. He got another shirt. "Here. Maybe you should gain some weight."
Ricky turned to Cassie. "I'll come," he said. "Maybe I can get to know you a little better." He gave a smile.
Trei walked into his room. He stared at the mirror. His eyes-thank God-were green. He looked down at his fingers. They were white. A shade lighter than the rest of his skin, but they weren't red. Trei smiled to himself. He had regained control of his powers. Trei let out a sigh of relief. He walked back into his living room. "Alright guys, let's go."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 03:26 PM
"Now that sounds like a good idea Ricky" smiles softly at him. "Alright you guys can drop Kayla and I'll least pick her up from school since I get off sooner than rest of you...oh and after last night...dinner at my place allof you..trust me..Trei knows I can cook like none other."

Cassie gets in the truck with Ricky waving by to the others. Soon they were at her house; letting Tank in as he wags his tail hard barking happily. "Yea I missed you too boy." Looking at Ricky as the went upstairs Cassie in her walk in closet to quickly change as they talk. "So, what you want to know about me Ricky?' Asking as slips on some shorts and a tank.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Ricky crouched down beside the dog. "Hey there Buddy, how's it going?" He scratched him behind the ears.
Turning back to Cassie, he said, "Why are you so open about your gift? Aren't you worried about the glares from the 'normal' people? I don't understand it all."
Ricky looked down at what he was wearing. It was a football jersey with the number 05 on the back. It shone with Ricky's favourite team's colours: red and purple. He tried smoothing a wrinkle but all in all he didn't care. His hair, however, wasn't the greatest. He tried running his fingers through it but they got caught. "That is sad," he said to himself.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 03:49 PM
"Don't get me wrong..." says as tosses him a comb putting sneakers on. "I an very quiet about it as none of us need unwanted attention from normal others.... "Only reason that I told Trei is one, I felt his gifts and two...he grew very suspicious when I shaked his hand and all his wounds were healed. I can't control the healing portion but I just come to accept that to heal people wether I choose or not is a good thing for the most part." Putting hair back in a ponytail she smiles moving to stand in front of the sitting Ricky. "And you still owe me that apoligy." Smiles brightly "I also wanted everyone here for dinner as one...I have the room to sleep us all for most part....Kayla can share my room here. But I wanted to discuss what to do about Kayla too...I'm going to put some calls in at lunch and see what my our well Trei as he is her blood. Options are."

Ashen
08-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Ricky nodded. "Right," he sighed. "Lo siento," he said. Ricky smiled, liking the idea he could speak in his own language.
He grabbed the comb. "No thanks," he said tossing it back to her. "I can fix it later. And besides, I don't want to break your comb."
Ricky took a seat as he waited for Cassie. "Yeah, poor kid. I mean, that whole family needs some help if you ask me. First their Aunt Carrol has a good dozen cats, then Kayla's mom is a drunk..." Ricky stopped himself. "Well, you know."
"I have a lot of experience with kids. I have three little brothers and one older. But our house is chock full with children. I don't know if Trei would want me with Kayla anyway."
Ricky passed his hand through his hair. Immediately, the tangles were gone. "That works," he mumbled to himself.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 04:22 PM
"I love kids and Kayla is smart....I am waiting for her own gifts to develop seeing its in the blood." As they head out making sure Tank is fed. "Don't worry boy I'll run with you before getting Kayla then we have big dinner tonight." Getting back in the truck on way to school she looks to Ricky. "I don't know how long Trei can support Kayla....financially speaking. And I want to keep ties with her she is a sweetie....I want to bring to the table tonight her staying with me...the house is big enough and if she can stand allergy shots Tank won't be an issue..... I don't know have to make those calls for options...but I do want your opinion." Smiling to Ricky as even though shes the newest person in their tight knit group...she felt at home with them.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Ricky looked up in protest. "I'm part of a family of about a hundred. I have family in Mexico I don't even know about. But I'm pretty sure none of my family members have powers. I'm still not sure how I got all of them." He looked away, as if thinking hard. "I mean, Trei can control fire and teleport things. But that's it. You can speak different languages and detect things normal people can't and even heal. Well, I can do all of that and more. And I have no idea why."
Ricky stood. "Well," he said, "Kayla is a nice girl. But she is only twelve years old. She can't make her own decisions, she's just a child. I'd say it was up to her mother to decide what happens to her, as much as I hate to admit. Either that or the state."
"Well," Ricky said, "enough said. Let's get to school."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 04:50 PM
"Yes I fully agree...we'll know more tonight not to worry" Get out of the truck throwing backpack over shoulder. "Well see you at lunch then" Heads to French after placing a call to Richard who agrees to make the calls to find out about Kayla's mom and options. "alright thanks....let me know soon as you can thanks." Hanging up she drops off her homework and sits down in her chair with her feet on Slades seat only to teas if he even shows up. Having much on her mind.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 05:28 PM
"Aren't you coming?" Slade asked, removing himself from Trei's car.
"No," Trei answered. "I need to place a few calls."
"I'll stay with you," Slade offered.
"You are not missing another French class, Slade. You're going to fail."
"I know how to speak French," Slade protested.
"Somehow," Trei protested, "I don't think Je peux parler francais and Vas te fairs enclue are going to cut it."
"I know more than that," Slade argued but he walked into school anyway. "Good luck, Trei."

"Hello baby," Trei heard.
"Aunt Georgia. It's your nephew."
"Hello there Travis."
Trei sighed. "Right. Travis. Well. Kayla is in my custody right now."
"Kayla..." Georgia slurred.
"Your daughter," Trei assisted.
"Ah, right. What of it?"
"Aunt, you're drunk. You cannot take care of yourself, let alone Kayla. I'd like to apply for custody of her."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Seeing Slade comming into class she smiled. "You missed alot of classes....I'll catch you up if you like later. " Shrugs and removes her feet from his seat. Stopping in mid air "Unless I can get a foot rub." Winking as feeling good enough to tease. "So Kayla at school....hows Trei handleing all of this. I know its alot on his mind all of a sudden."

Talking now in soft whispers as class was starting...writing all the notes in perfect french again.

Ashen
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
"Eh, I don't care about these stupid classes." Slade remarked. "That's okay."
"Trei's staying home today. Told me he had to make a few calls and whatnot. Who knows when he'll be back to school."
Slade stared up at the board. The accents atop the letters mixed with each other. All of the A's turned into O's; all the O's into Q's. He hated this class.
Slade's mind was throbbing. He didn't want to do all this. "I'm leaving," he stated loud enough for the class to hear and he walked out of the class.
He stood in the hallway, his hands running through his jet black hair. "A little dyslexic today, huh?" he asked himself.
And mental, he added to himself. Stop talking to yourself.
Slade walked into the bathroom and splashed water over his face. He looked in the mirror. His face was too pale. Slade turned off the water just in time to pass out on the floor.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
After class some guy grabbed Cassie's arm "it that guy Slade....he's passed out on the floor..I saw you guys talking earlier I figured.." Cassie eyes grow wide "thats fine just dont say anything i got it." Running full speed to Slade as guys stayed out of the bathroom so she can get in. Speaking into his Ricky's mind "get over here NOW Slade is too pale....passed out!"

Putting Slade's head on her thigh she looked him over trying to figure it all out. Biting her lip she cuts her wrist a bit with a pocket knife she found in his pocket putting it to his lips figuring she had to try something. "come on Slade....let this work"

Ashen
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Ricky ran into the bathroom. "What the-" he said then dropped to the floor next to Slade.
"What happened?" he asked Cassie, not even paying attention to the fact she was in the men's bathroom.
Ricky touched Slade's wrist. "He's got a pulse," Ricky informed. "A weak, weak pulse."
"Slade!" he yelled, trying to startle him. "Slade get up!"
Ricky turned Slade's wrist over. Along his arms he saw the faint reminders of what Slade's childhood was like. He imagined this was what Illi's wrists had looked like: a cobweb of red streaks that would never go away.
Ricky gagged at the scars, all different directions. He prayed none of the lines were new. Ricky used his finger to lift Slade's upper lip. "He's shocked," Ricky informed. "Look at his gums."
They were plain white.

Setsa
08-20-2011, 06:18 PM
"Guard the door Ricky" her own wrist healing as if nothing happened. "Let me do what i do now...." Putting unconcious Slade in her arms she holds him close, Cassie closing her eyes humming softly as her body almost gave off a glow hand on his chest as she heals his weak body. None stop until she could feel his heart beat humming as she looked down to Slade so when he wakes up it doesn't startle his mind. "Come on Slade...come to me..."

Ashen
08-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Ricky stared at Slade. "He looks..."
Ricky left his stand at the door. He pulled Slade's shirt above his head. "Just as I thought," he mumbled to himself.
"Look at him," Ricky demanded. "He's a good two pounds. Jesus Slade, is it that hard to just eat?" He looked at Cassie. "Slade doesn't need healing," he informed. "He needs food." Ricky stared at his watch. The cafeteria would be giving out food right about now. "Go get him something to eat," Ricky ordered. "Wait, on second thought..."
Ricky waved his hands in front of him. A jar of apple sauce appeared, along with a spoon. "I can't believe I'm spoon feeding Slade," Ricky murmured. "Slade," he whispered. "Slaaaade."
"He needs a doctor."

Setsa
08-20-2011, 11:26 PM
"Ricky...if you can carry him to the truck. I can get the doctor to the house. If Slade wakes up in a hospital I'm pretty sure he will more than freak out." Scrolling down her contacts she call a number. "Yes Dr. Cole...Cassie Vara here I need an emergency visit to my house near the campus? Yes...yes for a college age male...it looks like he hasn't eaten ever...skin a bones his pulse weak and passed out......... I don't know if he is gifted..I can't detect anything...ok great thanks!"

Hanging up the phone hurrying fast texting Trei with the update as they move to the truck. Cassie put pedal to the metal not caring. "My doctor will meet us there to help him.... We can put him in one of the guest room and we need to take all clothes off but his underwear." Looking at Ricky "yea I'll leave that to you..."

Running to the house soon as they got there opening the door for Ricky.

Ashen
08-21-2011, 01:09 AM
"Dinner!" Slade called.
He waited a few minutes, then stormed up the stairs. He banged on her door. She opened the door and stared back at him. "I said dinner," Slade barked.
"I'm not hungry," she replied. Her crystal blue eyes were shining an expression of hunger.
"Stop starving yourself; you're already a toothpick. Go downstairs and eat your damn food."
"Slade, I am not hungry. I just ate."
"Liar," Slade called. "Go eat. What do you weigh, seventy? It's not going to bring you to one-hundred."
She weighed 65 pounds, but she didn't think now would be a good time to mention so. "Slade," she said sadly, then took his hands. "I want to kill myself."
Slade, shocked, stared back at his sister. "No you don't," he replied.
"Slade, I can't take it anymore. I'm so sick and tired of going to school and being made fun of. You don't know what it's like when the guys have more boobs than you. Slade, I haven't even got my period yet. This isn't late blooming Slade. This is... this..." Tears stained her face now.
"Go eat your food. Stop putting on a show. Nice Aril Fool's Day joke. But I'm not falling for it."
Illi walked down the stairs. She took the soup Slade had made to her room. And she cried.

"Where's your sister?" Slade's mom called. "Still getting ready. She'll get on the bus."
Slade drove himself to school. He thought nothing of his home until he returned to it at three. He unlocked the door. His mother had left a note on the counter. Slade picked it up and read it.
Had to leave soon. Take Illi's clothes to her room.
Sighing, Slade picked up the heap of clothes and walked into Illi's room. He walked straight until the sight came into view. He dropped the clothes, paralyzed. "Oh my God," he whispered. He picked up his sister and cut her from the rope she had been bound by. "Illi!" he screamed. "Illi!"
Slade buried his face in Illi's brown hair that reached her shoulders. It smelled of coconuts, a smell he would now never forget.
"I thought you were beautiful," Slade whispered in her ear. A note, left my Illi, lay next to her on her bed. Slade picked it up with a shaking hand.
Happy April Fool's

Setsa
08-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Dr. Cole arrived very soon after Ricky and Cassie did....doing the usual physical to determine what was going on. The very first thing to be done was put an IV through Slade full of fluids and nutrition to bounce him back. Cassie didn't leave the room paceing back and forth for at least and hour before the doctor stood up and closed his bag.

"He needs to eat and drink, pure and simple...if someone can control his mind then do it for survival. But something from his past is the root of this...you all need to figure it out if you want him to live not always in your bed like this.... Call me if anything happens but if not I'll check back in 2 days. Glad to see you doing well Cassie, you all need to take care of eachother, I have not seen such a large group of gifteds in a very long time." Dr. Cole left to return home as Cassie sat on the edge of the bed wiping Slade's forehead down with a warm cloth for his comfort.

"Hopefully when he wakes up one of us can convince him to eat....." Covering him up she stands back up, approaching Ricky. "If you want to take watch I can start dinner....what are you hungry for?"

Ashen
08-21-2011, 02:42 AM
"You mean lunch," Ricky said, pointing to the clock. He stared down at Slade. "He kept denying it," he murmured. "But who knew he really had it?"
Ricky grabbed the sheet the doctor had left behind. "Isaac Slade," it said across the top. "Ht: 6'6" Wt: 89.1"
"He's half my weight," Ricky informed. "That's definitely not healthy. That's..."
Ricky wanted to say disgusting but Slade's eyes fluttered open.
"What the fu-" Slade started, then jerked into a sitting position. "Oh shi-"
His face turned green as he threw up. Ricky patted his back. "It's okay, Slade. It's okay." he turned to Cassie. "What the heck is be throwing up?"
"Ohh," Slade moaned. "I..."
"Shh," Ricky cooed. "Eat. Now."

Setsa
08-21-2011, 03:01 AM
"Dr. Cole said it may upset his stomach the IV for the first few hours." Propping up pillows to help him sit up a very soft look on her face. "I found you passed out on the floor in the bathroom, Ricky and I got you here and my Dr. came here to get you back to us." Idly rubbing Slades shoulder and upper chest. "There is no way you will be able to get the IV out so don't try it's whats keeping you alive...but you must eat. Please tell us why you are only 89 pounds." Her eyes expressing her deepest worry and concern for him; while removing the puked on sheet handing him a small lined trash can. Tank jumping up on the other side of the bed crawling on his belly to Slade placing his head gently in the man's lap in comfort.

Ashen
08-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Slade held his head, still unstable. "Slade," Ricky encouraged. "Come on. You keep telling us you're not anorexic but no normal guy is 89 pounds. I'm two-hundred and I maintain a healthy diet. You are anorexic, aren't you?"
Slade pinched his eyes shut. "I wanted to see what she went through," Slade mumbled, a sentence not meant to be heard. "What did it feel like to hate yourself so much you didn't even care if you survived?"
"We don't hate you," Ricky murmured. Trei ran up the stairs and into the room. "Woah," he said, staring at Slade. "Sorry I'm so late. Slade? Slade, what happened?"
"It's Illi," Ricky said, a whisper. "He can't let her go." He put his hands on Slade's shoulders. "It's been months but it feels like centuries. She would have turned seventeen yesterday and she would have been beautiful. She would have been the center of attention not because she was a hemaphrodite but because she was a beautiful young woman. She would go shopping with her friends like every other teenage girl. She'd have a party and maybe, if Slade were lucky, she would have lost her virginity."
"What?" Slade said, eyes wide.
"Mind reading. Sorry, I usually don't pull that power out but.. Slade, you scared the hell out of us."
Trei approached Slade. "Hey, it's okay. Illi is in a better place now. And I bet she'd want you to stop living like this. She'd want you to live the life she couldn't live."
Ricky disappeared down the stairs and came back with an apple. "Excuse me," he said to Cassie. He then turned to Slade. "Now, eat."
Slade grabbed the apple. His eyes were seeing double. He looked at his friends, all expecting him to eat it. Slade inhaled, then took a giant bite out of the Granny Smith. He smiled, relieved.
Ricky looked to the corner of the room. There stood a girl who was about sixteen years old. Her hair was waist length and her eyes were shining. She looked like a woman. But most of all, her breast were double D's. Ricky winked at her, and the spirit disappeared.
"Slade," Ricky said. Slade turned to face him. "Illi looks a lot prettier now."

Setsa
08-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Cassie looked where Ricky had, seeing the spirit of Illi scared her to a degree. Not because she was a spirit..but because she looked almost like Cassie when she was that young! Their eyes were different..and hair some; but their figures...alluring chests...that smile.. Nearly identical that it made Cassie shudder as Illi looked at Slade, then her with another smile and nod. This was when she didn't care for being gifted.... "Slade what do you want to eat..I'll make anything you want." before he could answer she couldn't stand looking at a near mirror image at herself and left to go downstairs. Rummaging around the kitchen looking at the time to make sure she wasn't late in picking Kayla up later on.

Ashen
08-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Slade smiled. "The only thing I want right now is this apple," he said.
"Thata boy," Ricky smiled.
"I have to pick up my little cousin," Trei said, walking to the door. "And then I need to get her ready for court," he sadly mumbled to himself.
"What? Why?" Ricky asked, alert. He kept one eye on Slade so that he wouldn't hiss his food.
"Custody battles. Load of bull crap if you ask me. But it looks like I'm going to take care of her now."
Slade stared up at Trei. He didn't say a word. Trei noticed him staring, but je shrugged it off. He walked downstairs and met Cassie. "I'm picking Kayla up. Alone, please." He got in his car and drove down the street.
"I can't finish it," Slade said, pushing the half eaten apple away. "These fluids are making it taste like shit."
"I assume you know what that tastes like," Ricky said. Still, he took the apple. Half was better than nothing. After all, Slade's stomach had probably shrunk down to that of a goldfish. "I'm proud of you," Ricky said, smiling.
And I'm not the only one.

Setsa
08-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Kali stayed in the kitchen only nodding to Trei when he left. Grabbing a drink of water it started to make sense how Slade was very cold to her and not one of conversation with her either. Tank stayed with Slade the entire time for support wagging is tail softly at times. Braiding her long hair back she sets to thinking about dinner seeing Kayla and Trei would be home soon. Surf and turf with lobster to celebrate Trei's almost certain custody over Kayla and to please everyone's palate sounded perfect. Grabbign the meat out of the fridge she started to prepare it keeping her hands and mind busy elsewhere. Humming a sweet melody out of habit.

Ashen
08-21-2011, 05:36 AM
"We're home," Trei called.
"This isn't I Love Lucy," Kayla snapped.
"How do you even know that show?"
Trei took a seat at the table. "Oh, jeez, this is awesome. No one in their right mind could turn down lobster."
Ricky soon took a seat at the table. Slade, stuffed, sat down on a couch. "Save some for me," he called with a smile on his face.

"Hey Trei, Slade, Cassie, wait up!" Ricky ran up to his friends. "Can you believe it's our last day already?" he asked. "It's as if we just started college yesterday."
"Oh I know," Slade said. "Remember those first days?"
"When you were ninety pounds?" Trei asked. He patted Slade's stomach. "You're what, 120?"
"130," Slade corrected, gleaming.
Trei drove everyone to his house. He grabbed a letter on his table. "Along with a passing report card, look what came in the mail." He passed the letter on to Ricky.
"Trei Davis," Ricky narrated, "is a legal guardian of Kayla Davis. He will be responsible for her actions until she is eighteen...blah... That's great, Trei!"
"All alone?" Slade asked.
Trei disappeared into his room. He came back moments later, holding a box. "Cassie Vera," he said, a melody, "This past year has been the best of my life."
"Awh," Slade said under his breath.
"Since you walked into my life I knew I'd never be the same. You changed me, and I'll never forget that."
"You were always so open to me, so kind. I know I'll never be able to repay you for that, but I will definitely try. I know so much about you now Cassie, but there are things I'm dying to know. Things that I may or may not find out, depending on how you answer."
He inhaled slowly. Slowly, Trei got down on his knee and opened his box. "Cassie Vera, will you marry me?"
Ricky smiled. Slade stood next to him. They all stared at Cassie, waiting for her answer.

Setsa
08-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Cassie and Trei became very close throughout the rest of their college days. So many dates out together...fun trips with Kayla, Slade and Randy. Cassie never missed a court date dealing the the custody of Kayla. All of this flashed through her mind in mere seconds when Trei got down on one knee asking her to marry him with a ring that was absolutely perfect. Tears running down her face she nods....

"Yes....oh yes Trei I will! I will marry you!!" Cassie said as he put the ring on her finger. Helping him up she hugged him so tightly kissing him hard not letting go."

Ashen
08-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Trei's smile was radiant as he embraced Cassie.
Ricky and Slade looked at each other with smiles. "There goes our Trei," Slade whispered.
"They grow up so fast," Ricky joked.
The door opened downstairs and footsteps pounded on the stairs. Kayla appeared in the doorway. "Oh my God, you will never believe what Ms. Smi-"
Kayla stopped and stared at Cassie's finger. It had a diamond on it, shining brighter than any gem she'd seen. She stared at her cousin who was hugging her armourously hugging her. "Woah," she whispered.
Kayla walked up to Cassie. She waited for Trei to get off of her before wrapping her arms around her. "Welcome to the family of dysfunctionals," she whispered, but this time she had a smile.

Setsa
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Hugging Kayla close "Thanks Kayla and really...the 5 of us have always been our own dysfunctional family too." Proceeding to hug Slade and Ricky as well giving them each a kiss on the cheek. There now I don't want to hear bout you two feeling left out.... Though getting some girls would help too." Winking as she looked at the time on the wall. "I feel like going out to celebrate. what about the rest of my dysfunctional family?"

Ashen
08-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Ricky's skin turned red. "Haha, yeah, a family of rejects."
"Well," Slade said, turning to Kayla, "The girl is fine."
"The girl," Kayla corrected, "has a name."
"Sorry Kay," Slade said, then corrected, "sorry Kayla."
Trei turned to his finacé. "May I?" he asked, grabbing Cassie's hand. "Let's go out to dinner. My treat."
Slade and Ricky cheered. Kayla smiled. "Then let's go," she said excitedly.
Trei drove everyone to a resturaut. They were seated at a table for five. "What is everyone having?" Trei asked.
"Give me the biggest meal they've got," Slade smirked. "I'll eat it all."
"Five bucks says you won't," Ricky teased.
"Five bucks says I will," Slade argued. "Bring it on."
Smiling at his two friends, Trei turned to Cassie who was sitting next to Kayla. "Why do you suppose she's the normal one?" Trei asked, motioning towards his little cousin.

Setsa
08-21-2011, 06:34 PM
"Easy, " kissing Trei's cheek softly "someone has to balance us all out my Trei..." Looking as the two guys placed their bets with a smirk. "And I bet that you two will make sure both plates are cleaned! Oh look I win!" Grinning big as she orders as does the others. Even requesting a good wine to the table...adding a sparkling italian soda for Kayla ofocurse. Cassie raised her glass up high. "To the end of college, great lives ahead of us, and the best of friends to have along the way!"

Ashen
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
"Told you I'd win," Slade said after his plate was cleaned.
"Damn," Ricky sighed. "I bet I couldn't have even finished that..." He pulled five dollars out of his wallet. "Here."
Slade smiled and stashed the money into his pocket. "Now excuse while I throw half of this up." He got up and went to the bathroom.

"And one last thing is on the agenda," Trei said as he stared up at the starry sky from his backyard. "Ricky?"
Ricky waved his hands and a tube appeared.
Trei nodded. "Look at the sky," Trei instucted. He knelt down beside the tube and lit in on fire. The firework soared into the sky and popped in the sky, forming three small words. Trei turned to Cassie. "I love you," he read.

Setsa
08-21-2011, 07:21 PM
To the amazed eyes of Cassie she kissed her fiance's lips hard. Forehead to foreehad..."I love you too.."

The fireworks show was what made this night over the top for her, unable to get it out of her mind even when they all were back at her house for the night. Not saying a word to the others she grabbed Trei's hand and pulled him upstairs to the sound of the master bedroom's door slamming shut. Inside Cassie was fired up with passion and love for the man standing before her quickly becomming nude by her own hands. Removing her own dress she wrapped her soft arms around hsi neck...and fell backwards onto the bedtaking him down on top of her.....

Ashen
08-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Kayla ran up to Ricky. "Hey, can you do a magic trick for me?"
Ricky stared down at Kayla. He made a bouquet of flowers appear. "Of course," he said, presenting them to her. Slade stared at them. They were lillies.
Ricky, realising what he had done, quickly changed them to pansies. Slade put his hand on Ricky's shoulder. "I liked the lillies more," he informed with a smile.
Ricky smiled back at Slade. With a wave of his hand he made it rain lillies.
He stared up at the sky. With Kayla and Slade on either side of him, he said, "To a happily ever after."
Kayla stared up at the second story window. "You know, I'm glad my mom's a slut."
"Why?" Slade and Ricky said in unision.
"Because now I can watch their love everyday. And that will be worth all the money my mother doesn't have."
--The End

Kris
09-03-2011, 07:23 PM
-Moved to HOF-