PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Corp: Oppugnant's War (IC)

\/Ģin
01-06-2010, 12:41 AM
"Mr. President. The UN troops have come up the south beach taking the storage warehouses. Our forces are annihilated in the area."

"Set a timed detonation for five minutes and broadcast to all PDA's the storage area's will be destroyed."

His mind was locked and focused on the task at hand. The message would give any surviving EC troops the order to get out of Sector 5 in five minutes. The UN troops would never know this was happening due to the PDA's being DNA only accessed.

"Sir there is thirty seconds left."

"Any report in?"

"No Sir."

"Detonation in ETA 10 seconds."

"9."
"8."
"7."
"6."
"5."
"4."
"3."
"2."
"1."

The explosion rumbled even the bunker floor Vein was standing on, many thousands of feet below surface level. "Report."

"Sir," began a skinny intel agent with blonde hair. His name was Harris, head of the group stationed at the bottom level. "Satellite imaging shows the area cleansed of UN occupation."

"Excellent."

"Shit," shouted Harris almost instantly. "We have confirmation on a missile headed for one of our satellites."

"Which?"

"VAI-954."

Vein smirked a little. He knew that if Gamble was around right now, the man would probably be pleased to see Emerald's satellite, the very same that took and image of his assistant once, being blow into bits.

"We've lost contact with the satellite."

"Do they have a lock on the others?"

"No Sir. It seems they're weeding out which one's they suspect are ours."

"Engage camo."

The satellites showed up on the screen forming a blue plasma field over them and changing their color along with the emblem. The emblem signified a certain division of the CIA that could not be investigated at any cost. It was a smart plan invented by one of the EC engineers. This cloaking would cause the attacking UN to see the emblem and fake encryption. This would also make them overlook the satellite believing it was CIA and knowing they'd be refused access to its system.

"Sir. The camo has finished. We've also changed other neighboring satellites to look like EC. About thirty seconds ago, the UN bombed a Verizon Wireless satellite."

Vein smirked once more and shook his head. "Can you hear me now?"

The president fixated his glasses and straightened his tie. It was a sign to the others in the room that Vein was free of worry, but that was just his way of keeping them calm.

"Begin deployment of troops at all beaches. We need to defend this island at all costs."

SikstaSlathalin
01-06-2010, 03:44 AM
The 5 ton rumbled along the partially destroyed road heading for the beach. The driver, a well built young man with long black hair and a tan metalic looking battle suit was behind the wheel his gray bionic arm is hanging lazily out the window his face is a simple smile and his heavy boot holds hte pedal to the floor.
"About time we got some action. I've been trapped in that lab for way to long." He switches the truck into 3 gear and slams the pedal roaring the last mile onto H beach on the south side of the island.

He'd sent convoys to every beach loaded up with new battle armor and weapons both melee and range. He didn't know what kind of Troops the UN would send agianst EC first so better to overkill then underkill. The truck rumbles onto the beach and the gathered troops are setting up barricades and mines. Jumping out of the cockpit he leaps onto the back of the rig and shouts above all the clammer.
"Come on people got some new toys I need my guinea pigs to test out on the other pigs." He drops the tailgate and cracks open one of the boxes and tosses a folded black suit to the first guy and an energy pulse rifle.

Khronos
01-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Fresh sea salt mixed in with the acidic, burnt smell of battle reeked in the air as the order was given and the troops were deployed. They scattered about quickly carrying out orders like ants with one track minds. Zero glanced at his feet, slowly sinking in the sand before observing the army once more with a bored expression. Setting up mines, barricades, etc. it was nothing he specialized in, nothing he was really useful with. However, he was well aware his time would come, once the opposition arrived.

Not far off, weapons fresh off development were being handed out like shiny new toys. His own weaponry was a creation of Emerald Corp, swords and knives of rather simple design but of an enhanced metal that was more than capable of cutting through body armor, bullets, and flesh. He still hadn't fully tested the limits of these new blades, but surely this confrontation would suffice.

The continuous feeling of uselessness left him irritated, and, without much thought, he approached the weapons vehicle and observed the new weaponry. The dealer appeared quite confident in his creations Zero noted with the smug expression on the man's face, and the soldiers seemed pleased with the new developments as well. Now becoming a bit curious, Zero took one of the black suits into his hands and judged it carefully. It was much lighter than he had expected, although he doubted its durability considering the lack in weight.

"Mr...Slathalin, correct?" He addressed the weapons developer, still holding the black suit in his hands. "I'll be taking part in your experiment. I wish to test the maneuverability of this suit and see whether it suits my preferences." Zero spoke like a computer, monotonous and with a lack of expression. "Unless this is not allowed."

SikstaSlathalin
01-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Siksta looks at Zero noting his white hair and light build. With a shrug he hands the man a smaller pulse rifle not knowing how much the kick will affect him.
"Sure thing Zero we need another officer anyway. I'm sure you know about the new Rell Guns I'm handing out but they shoot bullets of light and can be used for assault or sniper. I've reduced the kick some but still hold it tight to your shoulder." He orders one of the Lieutenants to continue handing the gear out.
"I got something else I need testing please come with me." He walks around to the front of the truck and opens the driver's door and pulls a long box from under the seat. He unlocks the lid and pulls out a short metal rod.
"This Mr. Zero is the Omni-blade. This is the more advance version of an older weapon I made. It was the ability to change into any melee weapon. Knives, Swords, Maces you name it just need to press this button." Pushes the button and a long katana appears. He pushes another and a chain mace appears. With another push it returns to a rod.
"I've looked over your file, you seem like the perfect candidate to test this." He hands the rod to Zero.

Anne Bonny
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Liza's pale blue eyes rose to examine the walls around her as they trembled with the blast of Emerald's eplosion. Of course the bunker was supposed to be able to withstand a hydrogen bomb, but the rumbling and the shaking did nothing to help her nerves.

She walked quickly, the quiet echo of her heels on the floor was the only sound once the bomb blast subsided. Liza glanced down at the cup of steaming coffee in her hand and snorted to herself. Her previous empolyer would never have sent her to grab a drink from the kitchen at a time like this. She was missing all the action! Sometimes Liza was certain that Emerald Corp's vice president did these things on purpose.

At last she reached the command room of the bunker. After entering she made a b line for Nina Kitt, the vice president who looked like she was better suited in a library. The vp adjusted her glasses and peered into the liquid expectantly.

"A little cream, no sugar," Liza said quickly.

Ms. Kitt nodded and turned back to whatever it was that she was reading. Liza took a deep breath and approached the president.

"A message from the radar room, sir. They say more UN troops are inbound, Brittish from the look of them. They'll be here within the hour."

Liza glanced around nervously at the others in the room, none of whom looked very at ease, even in their impervious bunker. But Vein Pyroclasm looked as if he were just discussing the weather with a neighbor. He was obviously perfectly relaxed, even from behind his dark glasses.

The girl tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and wished for a window at least, so she could see what was going on outside. She felt like a bundle of raw nerves.

\/Ģin
01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Vein looked to Liza as she brought the report in. He was trying to remain calm, but it was nerve wrecking to hear and it made him wonder why he ever decided to be a president of a multi billion dollar corporation. This wasn't his scene. Being locked in a bunker beneath the ground giving commands out to soldiers dying on land. It was like he was being like the very same governments he so much mocked.

"To hell with this," he stated reaching into his pocket and pulling an earpiece out and adjusting it on his ear. "This is for the birds."

Harris looked confused as he looked up and tilted his head in confusion. "What are you..."

"I'm going up top," cut in Vein before the man could finish the sentence. "Nina, I'm leaving you to hold down the bunker till I come back. If I die in this, well...you know what must be done. I'll be giving my commands through the earpiece, so you guys make sure to listen out for me."

"But Sir. Where are you going?"

"Going out to the beach where Siksta and Zero are stationed. I want you to send an UAV over their position. They probably aren't aware the soldiers on the beach are the first wave and them damn brits are about to follow in behind them. Also, order a truck to pick me up..."

Harris just looked away shaking his head and murmuring something about a damn fool.

"Oh, order them to make room for two," Vein looked over to Liza with a smile. "You're hired to be at my side right? Well lets go."

Vein turned making his way for the distant elevator at the end of the hall. He scanned his card and then his retina before holding the door for Liza to follow.

Bravado
01-07-2010, 10:54 PM
These days, DeBeaumont had been showing up to work curiously early; times were becoming dangerous, and he could not afford to dabble in affairs meager. Despite the outward appearance of work ethic and concern for both his position and the business, and underlying cause existed as to why he would so early sign in: the fear made him restless at night. So much so was this hindrance, in fact, that the young chemist rarely was provided with an opportunity to sleep at all, causing a decline in both his performance and his physical condition. The small bit of facial hair he had originally kept had now grown significantly, serving as a sharp contrast to his pale face and deprived eyes. As well, one could see the dark circles beneath his eyes, magnfied still due to the fact that he previously was a man prone to episodes of stress.

With a brief twitch, he pushed his small glasses up the bridge of his nose, anxiously trying to keep his hands busy and contribute to the Master's wartime causes. In such a muddled state, however, his thoughts were incoherent, and he could not be called upon to perform in this manner. Placing his head into his hands in desperation, DeBeaumont carelessly allowed his fingernails to dig into the flesh upon his face, only moments away from dozing off at his work station.

"Christ!"

Following his outburst were more musings of a near-lunatic; grumbles of such nature as "...if I had slept and fallen in these chemicals...""...no help to be had from me...""wartime...donefor...", each phrase trailing off all the while. Whimpering quietly to himself, the chemist proceeded to transition between wiping the mist off of his glasses and placing his hand to his chest.

If I could just do more! If I could just devise something! The Sceince Department is in such short supply, and every error now will be mine alone... To have graduated from being low man on the totem pole to beneficial employee...

The thought itself to him was practically unbearable, and with that, he silenced his mind before launching into another episode.

This is war. Maintain composure.

Mattie2009
01-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Blaze had dropped by the science department. "Hey, DeBeaumont. Are you alright?" He asked, concern heavy in his voice. He did care, but it was hard to show concern for someone's mental state when you yourself were nothing more than an emotional trainwreck. With the constant threat of invasion looming over their heads like a guillotine, nobody was in perfect mental condition. Blaze was holed up in the weapons labs more often than not, trying desperately to hook up the SRSGDM Array with his eyepiece. He wasn't built for combat, and didn't intend to go topside and get his face blown off.

Bravado
01-08-2010, 02:15 AM
"Hm?!"

By this time, internally, the young chemist was practically hysterical. To know that there now was a new presence in the room made him uneasy, especially considering how frantic he must have already appeared. Allowing himself to be seated once more due to the fact that his legs were quivering at a rapid rate, he looked down at his hands and shuddered briefly once again.

"F-fine, thank you sir. Just--a little backlogged, is all."

Through his tone, it was apparent that his response had been completely sugarcoated for the sake of his colleague. The final syllable spoken seemed to have a slight whimper to it, signifying his previous behavior. Shouting suddenly, he pounded his fist on the laboratory examination table, spilling more of his internalized phobias.

"We're in a war, this business is going under, I'm the only Science Department member still staffed, I'm of no use to the compnay, and the whole goddamn world is about to explode!"

Placing his face into his hands once again, he leaned forward upon the table, muttering indistinguishable lines to himself. After the episode had somewhat ceased, DeBeaumont once again revealed himself to his colleague, terror in his eyes and fog upon his glasses.

"Fuck... I don't even know anymore... And if I'm no good for science, I'm doubly horrible in combat. I've never even been in a situation that required hand-to-hand combat."

At this point, he was practically shaking, stroking his beard in hopes of faintly relieving himself of anxiety.

"Unless I can--can engineer some chemical war machine, people might be screwed. And it would be my fault! Mine! Every day, I get to wake up; 'my fault'! And that's granted that I live at all!"

Finally regaining composure, he placed his face in the palm of only one hand and sighed lightly.

"I could have just worked at Veritas with my brother... I should have!"

Khronos
01-08-2010, 04:15 AM
The metal felt cold in his hands. If it wasn't for what the weapons developer had just demonstrated, then he would have assumed this "Omni-blade" was nothing more than a useless metal pole. Wrapping his hands tightly around the metal, his fingers gently pressed a button as he swung one great stroke, and he heard the air slice within his ears. The metal pole now resembled that simple long sword he always carried on his person.

"This is an admirable weapon. I am quite impressed, Mr. Slathalin." Zero said as he pressed the same button he had seen the man press to return the metal rod to its original state. His eyes were glued to the complicated mechanics that were surely beneath the metal skin as he ran his finger tip over the smooth metallic surface.

"Many will die here." His voice seemed distant as his eyes moved to the shore, where the enemy would quickly be approaching. The ocean betrayed the situation with its serene picture of deep blues and gentle waves. Zero could feel the adrenaline pulsing in his veins now, reminding him no matter how much hell he went through, he was still human. Taking a deep breath, he allowed his muscles to relax. Too much tension would reduce maneuverability, which was something far too precious for the swordsman to lose. In a few moments, he would seem like a warrior from the far distant past, fighting with weapons considered obsolete for decades.

"Mr. Slathalin, are you ready for all hell to break loose?"

SikstaSlathalin
01-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Siks watched Zero as he tested the Omni-Blade. The Weapon maker saw the gleam in the man's eyes dangerous, certain, and absolutely capable of going through with his words. A smile crossed the young man's face as he heard his invention praised. He soundly claps Zero's back.
"Thank you mate. And yes Mr. Zero and waiting." He cocks his personal Rell gun on his shoulder and puts on a very dangerous smile and climbs into the back of his empty truck.
"Ok Soldiers, take up your positions in the tree and the natural barriers we installed!" Siksta watched as the soldiers took up the positions, he set up a tripod on the back of the truck and aimed it down range scanning the surf for the enemy.

The bushes behind the truck rustled frantically, the man in the truck spun form the bucket and launched the metal hand out grabbing the noise which yelped. Pulling it back he finds one of his scared Scouts attached to the end. Dragging the unfortunate woman over he puts her down.
"What's going on Eliza?" The red head pulled a stray strand of hair our of her pretty face and pants out doing a hasty salute.
"Sir the boss and Vice Boss are coming I heard over the radio they're on the move to your location. You know what that means right sir?" Siks nods turning on the earpiece and speaks to all the fighters.
"The Wizard of Oz and Dorthey are on the way from the Emerald City, look alive munchkins." He dismisses Eliza then goes back to the truck.

Anne Bonny
01-08-2010, 07:14 AM
"You're hired to be at my side right? Well lets go."

Liza's jaw nearly dropped to the floor. Had her new boss completely lost his mind? The idea of him going out onto a battlefield was silly, the idea of her joining him was ludicrous. Well, maybe not quite ludicrous, but it was certainly unexpected. The girl looked back over her shoulder to the vice president, who stood watching her with an amused half smile on her face. Better to be out on the beach than in here with the ice queen, Liza decided. She trotted after Vein.

"Of course," she squeaked as she caught up to him and stepped into the elevator.

Inside the lift Liza cleared her throat nervously. "Well I guess this is another thing to put in my portfolio, hm? 'Personal assistant, coffee runner, soldier.'" She giggled.

"But... um...by the way, I'm wearing heels, sir."

\/Ģin
01-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Vein smiled slightly at the girl's comment. He wasn't much to show overly joyful emotion, but if you managed a smile out of him then it meant you were doing something right.

His eyes then locked onto the woman's heels which almost made him want to fall over and die. He didn't even pay attention to her shoes till now.

"Harris," Vein began pressing the piece on his ear.

"Sir?"

"I'm going to need a female sized pair of boots loaded on the truck..."

"Female? Sir...you can't fit them."

"I know I can't fucking fit them...gah...just do it."

"Will do Sir."

Vein shook his head and looked to Liza. "If you need combat uniform also, then I can have those ordered for you too. However, I believe Siksta has some new armor out on the battlefield. If you need any, be sure to pick it up when we get there."

The Elevator beeped and the doors opened like futuristic sliding doors made of glass pane and chrome trim. Across the lobby, now barricaded and guarded, was the front doors of the company leading out to the circular entrance where a hummer sat with a man leaning against it holding a pair of boots.

Vein moved swiftly from the elevator watching as all the men around saluted and nodded as he passed between them to the truck.

Mattie2009
01-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Blaze patted his colleague on the shoulder. "We'll pull through. I know it." He said, before heading back to his workstation in the Weapons Development department. On the desk was a variety of gutted weapons. A rifle that had been shelled and modified to house a special type of ammo. A pistol that looked like something out of an overcompensator's nightmare, a six-shot Pepperbox. A couple of specially-constructed reloads for said pepperbox. The main point of the desk was a computer with a console on it.

>SRSGDM ARRAY CONSOLE VERSION 0.2
>INPUT CONNECTION DATA
>CONNECT FROM: EC_BLZ-XLN_3
>COMMUNICATING WITH CHOSEN DEVICE...
>CONNECT TO: EC_SRSGDM-ARY_1
>COMMUNICATING WITH CHOSEN ARRAY...
>CONNECTED.
Blaze smiled to himself as the map of the island laid onto his eyepiece seemed a lot more sinister. Next to the workstation was a large trolley with various parts on it. He pushed the trolley out of the room and into the lift. The array's main weapon still needed to be constructed and put somewhere it would work. A missile launcher was no good when all it can hit is the ceiling, after all.

Anne Bonny
01-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Though she tried her best to suppress it, Liza giggled at her boss' phone conversation. But she cleared her throat and nodded curtly when it was over. "Thank you, sir," she said in response to his offer for a uniform. "I'm interested to see what Mr. Slathalin has got up his sleeves."

The elevator door opened and they made their way to a waiting hummer. A soldier with a surprised look on his face handed her the waiting boots. Liza took them without hesitation and climbed into the vehicle. She stripped off her suit coat and strappy heels, saying a silent prayer that they wouldn't get lost out in the field. Especially not the shoes. She had only bought them recently after all.

The soldier had taken the seat next to Liza and he handed her an earpiece. "This will link you up with the command room," he explained. Link up with it? But I just got out of there! Liza thought with a frown, but she obediently took the tiny device.

The hummer's engine roared to life and as soon as everyone was seated, it began it journey across the island.

\/Ģin
01-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Vein watched the island before him pass by like a panorama on a PC screen. It was almost hard for him to believe that the island was going to be under attack by those who'd once purchased their weapons. It was wrong in his eyes. Sure the US president's daughter was killed in one of Oppugnant's attacks, but that wasn't Emerald's fault...well not entirely.

The hummer stopped not far from Zero and Siksta's location. The driver jumper out holding one of the EC modified AK47 assault rifles. It was trimmed more in chrome and shaped out to look more like an m-16. Vein had always revered the old look as a terrorist weapon. The soldier began scoping the area before looking back to Vein and nodding.

"Don't get killed," he smiled to Liza. "If you do, I'll send those pics of you at the club out to everyone in the world."

The joke was obvious in his tone and where he made the pics sound wrong, exaggeration was obvious. If it was one thing he tried to make right, it was the scar that was made when Vein snapped a pic of Liza as a database reference back when she worked for Gamble. He'd always wandered if she deep down really resented him for that.

Vein hopped hastily from the Hummer grasping one of his two pistols and making for Siksta.

"There's a wave of British troops coming in after this first wave," he began with a sigh. "I need your unit at it's best today. I'll be fighting alongside you...like the old days."

Vein offered a friendly smile after the notion. Since Vein had made Emerald Corp. he had done little to acknowledge his other employees...which was unfair mostly to the ones who made him what he was with their help.

SikstaSlathalin
01-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Siksta watched as the Hummer pulled up and Vein and Liza stepped out. He nodded to them then handed them both a suit or armor.
"Here folks puts these on then we can have some fun." He noted what Vein warned him about them sent it down the wire to his troops.
"The Wizard and Dorthery are here and we got Tea-totlers coming in after the gun fodder so be smart with the bang-bang. Tin Man out." He fishes around in his truck and finds two more Rell guns.
"Here we go Boss and Boss lady, my new Rell Guns. Smaller, lighter, and with less recoil. Have fun." He returns Vein's smile and tosses him the Gun then hands one to Liza.
"Just still gotta keep it tight aginast your shoulders." He goes back to his tripod watching the approaching vehicles.