PDA

View Full Version : Hoenn Adventures IC

Levias
01-06-2010, 01:50 AM
START!!!!

OOC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1876)

Gsarge
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Will stepped off the ramp and onto solid ground once again now among the inhabitants of Slateport city. He looked around in awe as Sparks was frantic on his shoulder looking at all the people and pokemon going about their busy day. Will gave her a reassuring stroke on the head with one of his black insulated gloves that he almost always wore. Heat, puncture., and even non conductive, they had really saved his hands a lot of wear and tear though one wouldn’t have been able to take if he had taken them off as his hands were still callus and rough, 4 years in the woods around Petalburg will do that to a set of hands.

He grinned to sparks adjusting his father’s old expo hat walking among all the people as he found a small park-like area that he headed right for. Getting closer he realized that a number of the kids around the park seemed to be starting trainer eye wide with the new found joy that came with owning pokemon. One of those eager kids noticed him with his pikachu on his shoulder and tromped right up to him as Will turned his gaze downward to acknowledge the other trainer.

“I challenge you as a pokemon trainer to a battle! My Mudkip will blow ya away I just know it.” Will just smiled and nodded lightly to the boy’s challenge. He was a trainer being challenged he had no right to refuse the kid his match and he wasn’t in any kind of hurry so it all worked out fine for him. He walked back a few paces to give the kid some room pulling out a poke ball as then threw it down his poochyena, Coal, coming out with a couple of loud barks and a deep growl.

“Play nice, Coal.” He spoke coldly to his poochyena who just growling hackles up as he looked to be one of the angriest pokemon in Hoenn. The other trainer was starting to look a bit timid as he sent out his mudkip.”Um ok, I’m ready.” “Quick attack.” Coal was a blur of movement and then impact right into the mudkip sending the poor pokemon sliding back along the grass.

“Wha? um bubble, mudkip!” “Pursuit.” Coal darted at the mudkip right though the other pokemon’s attack and knocked it down “Bite.” Coal took wrapped it’s mouth over the poor mudkip and shook it around a bit growling savagely. “Stop, return it.” Coal then stopped shaking the mudkip and trotted right in front of the boy setting his beaten and bruised pokemon at his feet before licking the mudkip’s head as then Will gently patted on his thigh the poochyena barking happily as he raced back to his trainer.

"Good boy.” “Pika!” “Chyena!” Will knelt down stroking his pokemon’s head as Coal had a proud look on his face sitting before Will and his tail wagging happily. Will then stood up and walked over to the boy's mudkip as helped the boy get over the shock of his first sound defeat and then helped him get his mudkip back into it's pokeball and into a pokecenter.

Will sighed, he had just gotten into town and it was already starting to turn into quite an interesting day for him and his pokemon companions.

Almost_Blue
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
[StoryTime- 11:03 AM. Lilycove City]

"Out! Out! I said Out!" The rather heavy man shouted, as he threw his last shove toward the boy, kicking him out of the department store.
This last shove forced the boy to trip down the stairs. Head first he dove, slamming the back of his head against the first step on the bottom.
"Agh!" the boy shouted, holding the back of his head as he struggled to sit up.
"I..I told you!.. I'm not..IN..Team Rocket.."

"I don't care, you better not try to sneak back in here you little creep!" The manager shouted, backing up and slamming the doors behind him.
The scene managed to grab the attention of many many people, since it was just that time of year when the Farmer's Market comes to Lilycove.

A young woman and an old man came rushing over to the boy's aid, helping to him to his feet. The old man held out a small berry to the boy, as the woman began probing the boy with questions.
"Are you going to be alright?" A voice asked from the top of the stairs.
Eve glanced up at the voice, seeing a tall man with beautiful blonde hair.
It was the captain of the ship he stowed away on from Olivine City!
http://img1.gelbooru.com//images/534/4b99b7ad09a9e29ba90690f98e5ab5c827d06fc7.jpg?66307 5
Eve remembered seeing that man before, he had done dealings with his grandfather. The man was always so mysterious when it came to Eve, he would always give the boy a strange look when he passed by.
"I..I.." Eve was in more shock over the fact that the captain was here, and that he was even speaking to him. Was he going to take him back to Olivine? No, Eve didn't want to go back, he still hadn't found the people who kidnapped his father, he had to make them pay.

The captain made his way down the stairs, reaching out, he grabbed a hold of Eve's wrist lightly.
"It's alright.. I'm responsible for this young man.." The captain stated to the old man and the young woman. Bowing, the two went back to what they were doing, but not before the old man made sure he boy took the berry he was trying to give him.
"Let's go, I'm taking you to the pokemon center." The captain directed.

"N-no..I'm..I'm okay, really." Eve stated, attempting to pull the wool over the Captain's eyes.
The man just laid a fascinated snare to Eve as he spoke.
"You were just shoved down the stairs by an overweight stiff-neck, And I'm fairly certain that you hit your head on that last step, we have to be sure that you don't have a concussion." He compassionately stated to the boy, leading him onward whether the boy liked it or not.

"W-wait!" Eve called out, taking his hand away from the Captain's grasp.
The captain stopped, placing his hands in his pocket, he turned to look at Eve.
"I'm..not going back to Olivine.." Eve courageously insisted.
"Niether am I, not this week anyway.. Now.. You're being continuously difficult." The Captain responded.
Eve had a breathless look upon his face. "Wait, you mean you're not taking me back to Olivine?" he delightedly asked.
The captain moved closer, bending down, he scooped the boy up into his arms. Startled, a blush ran across Eve's face.

An awkward silence fell between the two as the captain made his way to the pokemon center, Eve in arms.
The automatic doors slid open, as the Captain took Eve to a long leather couch, placing him down.
"Don't move." the captain insisted, before making his way to the counter, where Nurse Joy was stationed. Eve watched as the two had a conversation.
Nurse Joy looked at Eve for a moment, before she said something else to the captain. Bowing his head, the captain turned and made his way back to Eve, scooping him up once more.

"H-hey, what's going on?" Eve hastily asked, as he was once again swept off of his feet.
"I've convinced Nurse Joy to take a look at you in the back, to make sure that you're fine." he sharply stated, leaving no room for questions.

Eve was placed on the bed, as the captain left the room, leaving Nurse Joy to do what she does best.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Ani113MS.png[Fifteen Minutes later]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Ani113MS.png

The door to the back room opened, as Eve came out, bowing his head to Nurse Joy before he left. "Thank you, and I'll be sure to be more careful.. thank you once again."
Eve made his way back out to the lobby. So much time must have went by while he was in there, most of the people in the lobby when he came in, were gone, and some new bodies and pokemon were waiting in their place. He looked around to give the captain the good news, but he was nowhere to be seen.
Frowning with disappointment. Eve made his way outside, once again looking around for the captain.

"Hey! Buy a Pomeg Berry?" A scratchy voice persisted, as the said berry was shoved in his face. "N-no thanks.." Eve declined, walking off.
Walking around, there were many many stalls, with people selling everything, from used bags, to a half used potions.
"Hey! Take this! A persistent man offered, holding out a pamphlet. "The city probing the integration of nature and science. Rustboro, it has a school for kids like you." The man advertised.
"Uh..thanks.." Eve said, before making his way to the outskirts of Lilycove, looking back one last time at the amounts of busy townsfolk.

XunknownX
01-07-2010, 02:34 AM
A sigh of relief, weariness, and maybe even annoyance was barely held back from escaping Riki's mouth. The young girl leaned against--or more like over-- the rail of the boat currently transporting her. Her complexion that was usually a healthy peach, was now almost as white as a ghost. "Aye, lass, you think you can last a little longer?" The slightly burly man steering the boat asked, no concern audible in his tone, but was on his face... if she could see it. Then again, he also probably wouldn't want blown chunks on the surface of his baby--er, boat. This man was a friend of her parents over here in Hoenn, and owned this boat. It wasn't extravagant, or huge like a certain famous S.S. Anne in Kanto, but it wasn't a little motor boat either. Riki could only lightly groan as response and nodded, though the 'captain' could barely see it. He turned his attention back to the blue seas ahead of him, the area getting less wide open and restricted with a couple cliffs jutting out randomly from the deep waters. An island was beginning to come into view, but that was not the destination. Hers was closer to Petalburg City, and if she remembers correctly this man should have a private port there, or at least permission to do so. "If it's that difficult to get yer sea-legs, I'm surprised you didn't do it much more." The man casually commented. Riki glared at the rippling waters below her as a replacement for the captain. She did throw up once, unfortunately, and felt horrible about it; Riki felt she was polluting the waters for the pokemon.

"Why... couldn't I at least... make it to the... urp..!"Her self-rambling cut off by a small burp that convinced her to just keep her mouth shut tight the rest of the boat ride. When Riki did feel safe enough to lift her head a bit, she could see some water pokemon swimming peacefully, and looking up a little more at the cries of Wingulls above the boat and to the side, soaring with the wind gracefully. That sight made her smile, so at least that was on bright side to the trip. Magnificent! She thought happily with a bigger smile as she pushed her red-framed glasses up to the brim of her nose.
"Dewford Town's port coming shortly! D'ya need to make a pit-stop, lass?" The man asked again, looking back at her. Riki frowned at him interrupting her sight-seeing for that small moment. "No." Riki quickly answered without another word. They shrugged at her simple answer. "If ya say so then. Just make sure the deck stays clean the rest of the way!" Though he seemed slightly serious, he did fit in a chuckle; if he was hoping to get a laugh from her, that would be nothing short of a failure.

The rest of the boat trip was silent, save for the splashing waters and the cries of pokemon here and there. The boat successfully docked. Short ways near the dock was a relatively small house with no other houses around. A dirt path lead up to the house, and several feet away from the door was a beach with very few people there. The paths branched out two other ways; one way lead to a darker entrance to a dense forest, and the other she could not see what lay beyond it due to a few tall trees blocking the view. "Land ho!" He joked with a grin and brought the ramp down to the deck and tied the boat properly so it wouldn't drift away. Riki narrowed her eyes annoyingly. No, really? Since I never would have guessed this was LAND. Finally sighing the sigh that was held in half the boat ride, she gathered her backpack and her smaller bag, slinging the smaller one over her shoulder. By habit, she was already putting the earbuds in and preparing to start music, but that was when her arm was grabbed and he lead her inside the small house.

"Oy, what's yer hurry! Your folks told me about a business proposal and I'd like to talk it over with ya!"
Riki fell silent and stared at him blankly. "...Excuse me?" She asked, frowning a bit. Since when am I their business spokesman?! I haven't even seen the school yet! Riki got a bit flustered and tried to continue on multiple times, but could find no way around it, and had no way to avoid it--or she couldn't think of a way to avoid it at the time.

Ten or so minutes later, Riki had finally made the miniature 'meeting' come to a close. "Ahhh, I see! That makes sense. If I'm gonna be transportin' kids around that would help... I'll have ta talk to yer folks about the idea to make it work!" They said happily, scratching their chin thoughtfully while closing their eyes as if thinking about it a bit more. Riki dared to interrupt the thinking trance with a slight glare, looking up at him. "...Petalburg City is close, right?" She asked, her voice slightly raised to make sure it wasn't ignored. He opened his eyes, and nodded and gave her directions. Wasn't really far from here, but she needed to rest for a moment. Not bothering to say thank you, she rose her hand slightly as a good-bye gesture and walked off, turning on her MP3 during the short walk to relax herself a bit.

Reaching Petalburg City took only a couple minutes, and luckily for her, it was a small 'city'. Actually, it looked more like a town than a city. She stopped shortly after arriving to take in the sights. What she could see it seemed the main thing that could possibly attract anyone here(at least traveling trainers) was the Pokemon Center, and the gym. With her petite height of 4'11", the very gym seemed all the more intimidating, even though she had no intention of checking it out. Suddenly, a red flash of light erupted from her backpack, and touched the ground to the right of her where a peaceful-looking lake was. The red light faded and took shape to reveal that Corsola had some out. Rikki smiled widely and turned off her music and put the earbuds away, leaning down a little to look at the coral pokemon. "Oooh! Hello there little Corsola~! Did you want to take a swim??" Riki asked happily, the wide smile still on her face. The Corsola looked up at her a moment, and hopped over to the water and went right in with a splash. Riki leaned upwards and watched the pokemon swim about a little bit if it surfaced. "How adorable~!" Riki whispered to herself clasping her hands together in front of her.

Riki snapped out of the 'staring' for a moment, taking out Kadabra's pokeball, and released him in a flash of red light. The Psi pokemon looked up at her a bit curiously, wondering why he was out at the moment. Riki looked out towards Corsola, letting Kadabra following her gaze before looking at each other again. "Would you be a dear and mind keeping Corsola company and watching her? I don't want them to be lonely!" As soon as Riki started the request in that tone and calling the Kadabra 'a dear', the pokemon's face seemed slightly flushed and the poor thing looked away in embarrassment, and merely nodded. Riki jumped up, further expressing her joy. "Thank you sooo much Kadabra! You're the best!" Somehow the pokemon got more flustered, and it shook it's head as it went closer to the lake to begin the simple request. Aww, how modest~! A very girly giggle--the kind that could only happen in this state-- escaped from Riki as she waved to them, and head off to the Pokemon Center a short ways away. By the time she entered, all signs of the earlier happiness was gone, and she looked nothing short of serious. Despite that, Nurse Joy greeted her politely with a smile. Riki delayed with returning the greeting, and told he nurse of the nausea and very slight details of the cause. She invited Riki to the back to be taken care of, and she stayed silent; it must seem awkward to say the least to be so friendly and not have it returned as expected.

spirits breath
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Out in the grassy forest, a usual hang out point that Kyle enjoyed with the large trees and occasional brown splot from misguided fire attacks.

His pokeball opened, allowing his vaporeon out of her case, well moreso a temparary case as she managed to figure out the system and broke free on several occasions. The red beam of light came out, illuminating her arrival.

She gave a smile, well a grin if anything.
"No, don't even think about it. I just got dry from the last time you were out, and I worry you may be teaching charmelon things again."
She flicked her head, closing her eyes and turned. Her tail flicked slightly as she moved. Her blue scales reflecting some wavy light in patches. "Thank you for seeing things in my perspective for a change." Kyle looked over at a small stream in front of vaporeon and walked towards it slowly following her.
As Kyle started walking, she seized the opportunity to turn around and jump at him. Her weight of about 70 pounds was more than enough to throw Kyle off balance as she leapt at his chest. A small thud was heard, along with the whooshing of air out of his lungs. "Vapor!" She gave him a few licks on the cheek before walking off of him.

"You know, I never should have let you decide which form to be. But I suppose it could be worse, with you, I just get a bit wet." He sat up, using his arms as support. A hand was placed on her head, felling the familiar wetness of her blue skin. "You do realize one of these days you may have to bring me to the pokecenter or hospital to recover from the various things you do to me right?"
She nodded, uttering a excited "Va!"
"And that is what scares me. You seem too happy about this." please don't teach charmelon these things. But she seems to realize fire hurts a lot, that is why she is more concious about her tail when being by me.
He stood up. "Ready for another competition? You seem to be creative with charmelon when it comes to those things. I practicly shout moves out, so it looks like I planned them." With that, he started heading out to Petalburg City.

((I just named a city from XunknownX so yeah.))

Bia
01-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Callie browsed the Pokemart with a trained eye, she knew exactly what she was looking for. "Aha!" she said to herself as she found the xp share she was looking for. It was quite a bit of coins but it was most definately worth it, with this her beloved Jenga would get more xp without having to actually battle. Calle went to the front desk and handed to the plump cashier. "An xp share huh?" he asked conversationally "Mighty fine piece of merchandise" Callie smiled and nodded and handed him her coins.

When she got outside she immediatly headed over to a small park where other people were having friendly battles and just generally playing with their pokemon. She found a free bench over by a clump of tree's, a fountain, and where a poochyena and mudkip had just finished their battle. She took out her pokeball and called Jenga out. The Girafarig hopped out, and looked around nervously. She had only had Jenga for a week or 2 and he was still getting used to battling and training. She patted his head lovingly and slipped the xp share over his head and around his neck snugly. There, now he'd level up quickly.

Jenga pawed the ground and the small head on Jenga's tail swayed around, biting in the air randomly. Callie smiled and sat on the ground next to him, "Hey, it's okay boy. She said sweetly, do you want to play with Mickey for a little bit?" At the mention of Callie's Milotic Jenga brightened up and hopped around Callie. Mickey and Jenga had bonded instantly and it was good for him to hang around her gentle, almost motherly Milotic. Jenga had already learned quite a few things from Mickey and Callie was glad for it.

She took out her 2nd pokeball and walked over to the fountain, with a excited Jenga hopping around her feet, it was slow going. But they finally got to the edge and Callie called Mickey out. There was a flash of red and then Mickey was there in the fountain waving her beautiful tail around. There was a few small gasps from the surrounding children and Callie smiled to herself, she knew her Milotic was stunning, she wasn't going to lie. She felt a small tug on her skirt and turned around, there was a little girl in a red dress, holding a small Taillow. "Excuse me miss" she said in a small voice "Can I take a picture with your Milotic? It's my favorite pokemon" Callie smiled and saw that her in other fist she was holding a small camera, Callie glanced up and saw a older woman (most likely the mom) looking at them. Callie smiled and took the camera, "Most definetely" The little girl smiled in relief and excitement and Callie turned to Mickey "Mickey dear? Can you come out of the fountain for a moment? This little girl wants to take a picture" the Milotic looked down and the little girl kindly and slithered out of the pool gracefully. Callie backed up and took the picture. The little girl smiled and took her camera saying "Thanks miss!" and ran back over to her mom, hopping excitedly.

Callie went over and patted Mickey's smooth white scales, then ran her hands down his back, all the way down to his blue and red scales at the tail, "You're so pretty" Callie told Mickey and he looked at her pleased before splashing a hyper Jenga that was unconciously stepping on his tail. Jenga jumped and his tail bit around crazily. Callie giggled and sat on the fountain's edge, enjoying the nice day in Slateport City.

XunknownX
01-09-2010, 04:37 AM
The visit with Nurse Joy was nothing short of awkward, if not unpleasant-- probably for the both of them. Whenever Joy would ask a question to help out, Riki was still hesitant to answer, and basically failed to see the problem since she came there in the first place. Now she was just eager to get back to her pokemon, the only ones she cares about. With a slight eyebrow twitch as the only hint at the nurse's possible annoyance, Riki held up her hand suddenly. "Never mind. Time is just being wasted here. It's just light nausea from being seasick, so I'll drink some water or get some air. Good try with the attempt at helping." She said neutrally, trying to hold back a frown as she didn't realize how rude this was until it actually came out of her mouth. Of course, now's a good time to book it out of there.

Before leaving completely, she noticed at the corner of her eye a wide paper plastered and lined with protective plastic screening on the other side of the desk where the nurse would accept requests to heal pokemon. Upon closer inspection, it was indeed a map. Perfect. Now I can know just how far it is and head right on up... let's see... Her thoughts wandered, but were focused at the same time as her index finger followed her eyes at whichever location she was looking at. Tapping very lightly on the plastic with a barely audible 'thunk', she confirmed where Petalburg City was on the map. Okay... so if I'm here... and if I recall correctly they told me to gooo... Her thoughts continued as her finger continued to point and follow her gaze as she read the legends and information on the maps, and found herself pointing the most upward and possibly slightly to the west. "...Here?"[/i] Riki finished aloud, her tone not exactly sounding cheerful, well... in the least.

[b]"Are you kidding me..?!" She burst aloud on the corner she was in, drawing slight attention to yourself, though after a slight stare they'd look away, possibly even thinking this young girl was crazy for shouting for what seemed to be no reason. Quickly adjusting her glasses again, she turned just as fast, the glare plastered on her face, not showing any signs of vanishing. Most people let her past, but on her way out, she full-on bumped into a trainer maybe a couple years older, but had the appearance of a pro. Riki didn't bother to apologize and just growled low, intent to continue. However, a sudden firm grip on her shoulder made her stop, and from the slight force into it, she backed up to see a rather ticked off male trainer. About six feet tall, or maybe an inch short of that, they adorned a leather jacket over a dark red shirt, and what looked like white skinny jeans with black sneakers. Their possible expression was somewhat hidden behind rectangular, brown-tinted sunglasses that somehow seemed to complement the hair color, which seemed like a dark brown. She couldn't tell the style because of a black cap over his head; not like she even cared though. He must think he's 'the stuff'. She sneered a bit at her thought, and he pushed her backwards a bit, and removed his sunglasses to reveal piercing green eyes, intimidating Riki a bit.

"Hey, you think you can just bump into me, and then try to have the guts to sneer? Bad choice, kid." They growled, and he looked her up and down, as if searching for trainer supplies, and smirked. "Hah, it's worse that a a little girl can't even show respect, but you're less than an amateur. Listen kid, I'm a professional, and seeing your pathetic appearance has made me feel merciful..." He paused and bent a bit to get to her eye level. Tell you what, if you kiss my shoes and apologize to show the respect I deserve, I may let you go." The male trainer chuckled, awaiting her answer. Riki's head was leaned down slightly, the glaring sun from outside reflected on her glasses to hide her eyes. Her hands were clenched tightly into fists and she could barely keep herself calm. Is... he... SERIOUS?! She relaxed a bit, a small smirk on her face, and looked up a bit. "You humans make me sick..!" She began quietly, raising her voice half-way through, which got her a strange look from the boy, but it did somehow distract him enough; Riki took this chance to pull down the hat over his face and shove him to the side. Now that the door was no longer blocked, she dashed outside to get her pokemon and get out of here.

On her way out people stared again, and slight gossip was beginning. Things like, "Did you see what she just did?!", "She's so dead", and so on. Riki tuned it out and went to the lake, panting lightly, and her eyes darting left and right. Corsola and Kadabra were nowhere to be found. She could hear the pokemon center doors sliding open. Now she was desperate. Where did they run off to..?? She thought with great worry. A person approached her that thankfully wasn't the one from the center. She grabbed their arm and desperately asked if they have seen them. Luckily, they had; although they claimed Kadabra and Corsola wandered off back down the path towards the forest. She thanked them sincerely and ran off again.

The trainer wasn't too far behind, but stopped and watched her run a moment. "You'll pay for that..." They gritted their teeth, but seemed to loosen up slightly making an observation: Riki seemed to be holding her glasses about the whole time to prevent them from moving, or sliding. He chuckled. "Heh, that bad, is it?" He pulled out a pokeball and with a flash of red light, a Swellow was released. It cried out eagerly, awaiting orders. The trainer quickly gave his commands, and let the Swellow go off on it's own.

Riki neared the opening of the forest, bracing herself to go inside for only a few seconds, and began to run forward again. While doing do, a sudden, slightly powerful wind rushed up against her, blowing her glasses clean off, and into the very same forest, a light rustling heard as it landed who knows where. Riki's vision seemed heavily blurry, and she could barely even make out objects five feet in front of her very clearly. That wind was definitely unnatural, but she didn't hear anyone nearby. She only muttered 'crap' to herself as she held her hands in front of her. Riki was still going to attempt going in there. That's probably not a very smart move, but her choices are very limited at the moment.

Gsarge
01-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Will came out of the pokemon center looking back up to the sky as he opened his poketech turning on his map seeing the closest route being route 110. He considered going there for a bit but figured he hadn’t really hung around the current town all that much so he may as well enjoy the park a little first before just leaving. He had Coal back up in his poke ball as he sat down on the other side of the fountain with only Sparks sitting next to him and he rubbed her head making her purr softly sparks crackling from her cheeks and into the air.

“As full of energy as always, eh Sparks?” She turns looking to him and nods her head the crackling of the sparks getting louder as she then stopped seeing a wide eyed child looking at the pikachu in awe and a bit of concern. “Is your pikachu ok? It looks a bit angry .” Will looked down at the kid that was a bit young to be a trainer so he figured he was just curious about pokemon. “Oh no, she’s just peachy, maybe even a bit too happy. Sparks here likes to let sparks fly from her cheeks when she’s happy. If she were angry she wouldn’t be purring and the sparks would be a lot more dramatic.” He holds his glowed hand out to the boy . “I wear these because my training method can get a little hands on. They’re heat, cold, puncture, and even electric resistant , so that even when Sparks is like this I can still touch her and try to calm her down for to let her know she’s being a good girl with out having to even have so much as my hair stand up on ends.”

“Well it still looks mean.” Sparks growled at the boy as Will held her back by gently gripping on her head. “Well I’m sorry to feel that way, kid, but you should be careful, most pokemon understand what you say about them just as well as you or I, and just like some people they don’t mean to look a certain way or to scare people.” He picked her up and put her in his lap as the sparks stopped and she looked up to Willy blinking her eyes. “Oh I’m sorry Sparks.” Sparks cocked her head to the side and then after Will let her go she jumped out of his lap climbing up the boy to sit on his shoulder as she gave him a nuzzle. “Wow thanks for letting me see Sparks, Mister.”

Sparks jumped off the boy letting him go off on his way as Will looked down at her and gave her a pat on the head. “Good girl, if it makes it up to you I think you look cute all the time even when you puff up your cheeks when you get all mad.” Sparks bites on one of the fingers sparking up all over again. “Oh I know you’re ‘Sparky the terror: high queen of voltage’, but he didn’t so I think he should get off easy. Speaking of voltage, maybe we should head to route 110. I think there are some pokemon around there that should be able to round out our little group.”

She lets go of his finger looking back up at him as she pointed at the poke ball Coal was in as he looked back at her. “You want me to do more training of Coal with you? Well ok but nothing too flashy, don’t want you both scaring anymore kids away from pokemon.” Will opened the poke ball Coal coming out as Will pointed at Sparks. “Train.” Coal barked and they moved away the two mostly exchanging quick attacks as they darted around each other kicking up dust . Suddenly Coal let out a loud howl and Sparks went running from him in terror as he chased after her. “Hey ! Not into the people!” He shouted and they darted around each other with another exchange of quick attacks back to where they had started their fight

“Ok get flashy!” Sparks darted up into a tree Coal at the trunk base barking up a her as suddenly a thunderbolt came out and Coal jumped back his hackles up as he barked fearsomely back at her. Sparks jumped out the tree crackling air following her as she let loose another thunderbolt this one hitting it’s mark but Coal took it like a champ and ran at the tree then sprung off the trunk catching the scruff of the pikachu’s neck in his mouth land with her impacting into the ground as he then set to whimpering now unable to move as Spark’s static had paralyzed him as all he could do was keep his mouth on her scruff his body perfectl;y still other than a bit of twitching about.

Will laughed and walked over with a full heal for Coal as he let Sparks go once he could move again. “Looks like a tie, good work both of you.” Coal bit on his hand wagging his tail happily behind him as Will pet on Sparks’ head as she cooed happily. They really were great pokemon and Will knew he was lucky to have both of them as his companions.

Bia
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Callie sat watching her pokemon play when Jenga jumped a little. Callie looked over her shoulder concerned until she saw he just got a little spooked by a pikachu sparking all over her trainer. "Hey" she called softly to Jenga "It's alright boy, she's just playing" She patted his head lovingly and if her Milotic could've rolled it's eyes it would have. Callie giggled at Mickey and said "You were just like that once too you know" and the beautiful pokemon looked down sheepishly.

Jenga had calmed down, but then he bounced back up again and his tail started waving crazily. Callie once again looked over her shoulder to see the pikachu and a poochyena training. Before Callie could explain to her girafarig what was going on, he had already run over to the other side of the fountain to watch. He stood about 2 yards away from the other trainer and just watched them. Callie sighed and motioned for Mickey to follow her. Mickey climbed into the fountain and took a shortcut across while Callie ran around.

When she caught up to Jenga she took hold of him around his torso and said "See, look they were just training, nothing to be worried about honey. Soon enough you'll start doing stuff like that with Mickey." Jenga looked up at her and seemed to calm down a little.

Meanwhile her milotic was sniffing apprehensively at the pikachu that had just finished training. Callie glanced up and said "Mickey! Leave the pikachu alone unless you want to get shocked" Mickey glanced down, but backed off.

"So sorry about all this," she said to the trainer "I just caught him a week ago" she motioned to Jenga. "And Mickey here is a little curious"

Gsarge
01-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Will just looked at the new pokemon this other trainer had and nodded his head. He understood what it was like to have pokemon that were prone to getting themselves into trouble; it wasn’t anything new to him. Sparks really didn’t seem to mind the Milotic all the much as she had curled up to take a nap on the side of the fountain. Coal, on the other hand, was right up at the Girafarig wagging his tail and barking all about as he hopped from side to side. Willy patted his thigh and the poochyena stopped his jumping around and trotted back to Will’s feet and sat down.

“It’s ok I know how it goes with new poke’mon. Speaking of new pokemon, I hear that route 110 has some pretty interesting pokemon around there in the tall grass. Read something recently that talked about Eletrike being pretty common in the area. Good physical electric-type pokemon. I also heard about Zigzagoon being around there, too. Yea never know when you can have use for a good normal-type pokemon either.“ Will stopped and then chuckled lightly here he was trying to sound like he really knew that much about the pokemon of the area. Coal barked more as Sparks opened an eye and then shot a bolt of electricity at the poor poochyena causing him to yip and run behind Will.

“Hey! That’s not cool Sparks. I know you think Coal get a little too loud but that is not reasons to start scaring him like that. It only upsets him and makes him get louder.” He turned around and gently stroked over his poochyena’s head as the pokemon began to calm down and just sat there a smile on his face and his tail wagging. “I’m Will, Will Katchem, it’s nice to meet you, Miss.” He stood back up offering her a hand with a smile on his face. It was always nice to meet other trainers especially if he didn’t have to battle them right after seeing he was one as well.

Bia
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Callie sighed and patted Jenga, whose heads were waving excitedly at the Poochyena. She moved so she was sitting on the fountain as well and Mickey turned to rest her head upon Callie's head, "Eww, Mickey!" Callie said giggling and swatted playfully at him. The Milotic however, seemed to take no notice of Callie and continued to rest his head on Callie.

She eventually gave up and turned back to the boy, Will Ketchum as he had just told her. She paused for a moment, trying to pretend she was thinking about pokemon when really she was racking her brain as to what an Eletrike was. Finally she just smiled then nodded. Callie hated being new to this whole pokemon thing, if only she was raised in a trainer family, then maybe she would be able to have conversations with people like Will who-- Wait....Will Ketchum? As in Ash Ketchum?!? Callie looked him over for a moment and found a few similarities, well, from what she saw on T.V anyway. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped short, maybe he didn't want to talk about it. She decided she'd let him bring it up, she also realized this whole time she'd been thinking about this her mouth had been hanging open mid-talking. She quickly closed it and cleared her throat, trying to appear nonchalant. This guy was a few years younger than her at least, why did she have to be such a dork?

She decided to try again and stood up, Mickey looked at her with a hurt expression but Callie ignored it and fixed her hair before shaking his hand "Callie Durmen." she said in her sweet high voice, "Nice to meet you too"

Gsarge
01-27-2010, 04:22 AM
“If you’re wondering, yea I’m related to Ash. I use to get annoyed that he was my older cousin, and I was always walking in his shadow since he’s such a well traveled and known trainer now. I’m come to terms with it; in fact Sparks is the daughter of Ash’s Pikachu. I raised her since she was a Pichu , but Coal, my Poochyena, is my first pokemon. I guess he’s been with me for four years know. Are those your only two pokemon? An Eletrike would even out you team pretty well you look like you could use a physical pokemon for your group. The two you have are special attack defense and offense based. I mean I guess Jenga kinda fills that role pretty well but we shouldn’t settle for just two partners should we?”

He nodded to her and put Coal back in his pokeball as he turned slowly walking towards the road that lead out to route 110 before stopping and smiling to her as he motioned for her to follow him if she wished. Sparks getting up and following after him and then jumping up on his back and climbing up his coat to rest on his shoulder as she curled up hugging around his neck as she cooed softly to him as Will as soon out of the city limits and into route 110 as he breathed in and let out a sigh.

It was nice to be back in nature again, the world always seemed so much simpler when you were just training yourself and your pokemon to be the best they could be. Though maybe having friends that were trainers could be nice, too. It made sense for people with the same goals to work together. Before he got too far out, he stopped and waited to see if Callie was going to follow him.

Bia
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
"Oh that's really cool. I've had Mickey since he was a Feebas and I just got Jenga a couple weeks ago as I already said"

She listened to his talk of offense and defense, trying to look like she knew what he was talking about, then when he wasn't looking she quickly checked her pokedex to see what an Electrike was...OH I remember now! she told herself and turned back to Will,

"Oh yeah, I've actually been looking for a electric or fire type, you can only get so far with water and normal/psychic type" She said patting both her pokemon.

When Will gestured for her to follow she called Mickey back into his ball but let Jenga stay out and hop along her legs. He deserved a little, just him and Callie time and maybe Jenga could have his first battle today, she had trained him, but never battled him.

Almost_Blue
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Step by step, Eve eventually made his way down route 121.
The boy stopped for a moment, after jumping over one of the fences that lined a path back to Lilycove.
Reaching up, taking off his hood, Eve glanced up into the sky.
There were many more clouds out in the sky than there was when he was in Lilycove.
"I hope..it doesn't rain.." Eve thought to himself as he rested back against the fence.
Looking over to his left, the boys eyes widened, seeing a giant mountain in the middle of what seemed to be a lake.
Eve pushed himself back up to his feet, before making his way down to the marble docks.
"Mt.Pyre.."he muttered as he bent down, reading the sign on the dock.
Standing back up, he took his tiny rocket pokeball out from the side of his bag, tapping it gently as it doubled in size to the size of a regular pokeball.
"Lets go up.." He thought to himself, raising his hand into the air.
"Go!.. S--"
"--Get back here! You can't just run!"

Eve stopped on spot, turning his head as he heard the woman calling out.
"Come oooon.." She continued on, with desperation in her voice.
Eve lowered his arm, before turning around and running up the stairs, to get an actual view of what was happening, putting away his Rocket Pokeball as he ascended.
Standing outside of some building, was a young woman, dressed in some sort of uniform. And beside her stood another woman, dressed in a very colourful manner, it almost looked like she was ready for the beach. She looked kind of familiar, but Eve couldn't put his finger on it.
Hovering beside the beachy-looking woman was a small grey pokemon, with very dark eyes.
A red pupil made it's way over to the pokemon's left eye socket, glancing at the boy that had just ran up the stairs.
Eve seen the pupil appear, getting a shiver up his spine as he realized that the pokemon was watching him.
Catching a movement in the corner of his eye, Eve glanced over, to see what it was.
It was a Stantler!

The "H-hey you, kid! watch out! that pokemon might attack you!" The other woman called out, reaching for the boy.
"..Huh?" Eve questioned, glancing over to her, noticing that the hovering pokemon had disappeared.
Taking in the warning, but unaware what to do, Eve glanced back to the Stantler, noticing that it was staring right at him, and it's eyes were emitting some kind of pink energy.
"No! Watch out!" The woman called out again, this time taking out her pokeball.
Eve was stuck glancing back and forth between the woman, and the pokemon, frozen in shock as he merely braced himself.

The Stantler rose up on it's hind legs, firing off a blast of what looked like black electricity in Eve's direction, from the black orbs on it's antlers.
The attack closed in, hitting it's target perfectly.
Eve glanced up after a few moments. He could see the woman in uniform, rushing toward the Stantler, as the other woman was hopping over bushes to get to the boy.
Eve stood up, looking at the woman as she hastily closed the distance.
"He..he missed." Eve explains, reassuring to the woman that he was okay.
"Please get out of the way." The woman pleaded, slowly pushing him over a couple steps, before kneeling on the ground, picking up a paralyzed Duskull from the ground, behind where Eve was standing. "Oh you poor thing.." She comforts.

Flustered at the lack of attention from the woman, Eve merely crossed his arms, looking back toward the Stantler, who was now struggling with the uniformed woman. "Lets..go!.." the woman begged, tugging on the sturdy pokemon.
The Stantler remained in it's spot, staring directly into Eve's eyes.
Eve just stood there with a blank look on it's face, before having a personal epiphany.
He looked behind him once again, at the paralyzed duskull, and the weeping woman, then back to the Stantler. "You were...you saved me from that thing.." Eve muttered, walking over slowly to the Stantler.
"H-hey boy! help me here!" the woman pleaded, pulling on the pokemon's leg in an attempt to retrieve him.

"Why are you trying to take this Stantler away?" Eve questioned.
"..He doesn't belong here, he belongs back in Johto..with..his..own..kind!" the woman explained, still struggling with the pokemon. "Are you going to help me or not?" she requests in a rather rude manner.
Eve took out a small Premierball, remembering being given one as a gift for going to the farmers market in Lilycove.
he tapped the middle of the ball as it grew to a normal size.
"I'm from Johto myself...can..can I just catch this Stantler? please?" Eve begs, holding up his ball.
The woman stopped pulling on the pokemon, she rose to her feet, placing her hands on her slender hips, looking up at the boy. "Be my guest.." The woman offers, shaking her head slowly. "I've used a Greatball, an Ultraball, even my only Fastball on this stubborn--" She was interrupted by an eager boy, who was patiently awaiting his chance to try catching this rebel Stantler. The Premierball bounced right off of the Stantlers head, as the whole body of the pokemon began to glow red.
It's body seemed to melt into some strange force, as it was absorbed into the Premierball.
Eve fell to his knees, quickly catching the ball before it fell to the ground.
He stared at the ball, as it wiggled back and forth in his grasp.
The other woman, holding the poor Duskull in her arms, approached the boy from behind, looking over his shoulder at what was happening.

"This boy is also from Johto, Phoebe." The uniformed woman explains.
Eve's head raises up in thought, a shocked, yet determined look on his face.
"W-wait..Phoebe....Of course!"Eve yells out, raising to his feet, as he turned to look at her. "You're one of the Elite four! I remember seeing you on TV!" He explains, saying to her what almost everybody who recognized her would say.
"Uh..yeah I am, good to know I have some fans left out there." Phoebe acknowledged. "So you're from Johto?" she inquires on.
Eve nodded to the woman. "Yeah, I am."

~!Ping*~
"Damn.." The woman complained, throwing the Greatball, Ultraball, and Fastball into the trees. "Useless!"
Eve glances down at the Premierball, seeing that it had stopped struggling.
"O-oh! I caught Stanter.." Eve calls out, before spinning in circles, yelling out in celebration, repeating the phrase; "I~caught~Stantler~" over and over.

The uniformed woman approached Phoebe with her arms crossed, speaking up. "Why do I have a feeling that..that Stantler allowed him to catch him?" She asks, looking up to her.
"Well congratulations trainer! With that attitude, you'll be facing me in the finals in no time." Phoebe praised, ignoring what the other woman said. "We've got to get back to what we were doing, thank you for taking that Stantler off of our hands." She said, bowing her head to the boy in gratitude, before placing her hand on the uniformed woman's shoulder, guiding her back to the building in the trees.
Finally noticing what she had said, Eve stopped his celebration, waving to Phoebe. "Thanks so much!"

As they were finally out of sight, Eve dropped his waving arm, thinking to himself for a moment. "Final round.. did she mean.. I can't think of competition right now.. I've got to find my dad....Stantler...Mt Pyre..." Eve continued on in thought, turning, and continuing his journey down Route 121, on his way to Route 120.

Wil Grieve
02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
4:04AM

"Grid...he just up and left, no warning or nothin'..."

The first emotion to hit him was anger. He was angry that his friend had left them. He was angry that there was no easily discernible motive. He hadn't even said anything to Tierney before running off to who-knows-where, with nothing but a baby Absol to absorb the blows of life as it relentlessly beat down the boy who was too young to be on his own.

"Mr. Teva, he's fine," Tierney said, feeding what he knew was a delusion. Grid wouldn't have just run off like that. Something was off, and Tierney had no idea what it was. "Kids as young as 10 are running around with Pokémon. If they can make it out there, so can Grid. He's...tough."

"I tried so hard to keep him around...kids these days, can't sit still...just took the baby and left...didn't even leave a note, can you believe that?"

Mr. Teva was difficult to get along with. Even now, Tierney was having to dodge flying office supplies while attempting to assuage the elder's rage. It was hard; Tierney knew it was justified. He didn't feel like he should be trying to stop the merchant.

"He didn't say anything to me, Mr. Teva...I honestly have no clue what could've happened to him..."

"He could've been attacked and drowned," the older man postulated, "or whisked away to parts unknown by those awful criminals, that Team Magma or the Rockets or whoever. Or he could've eloped! Right now, he could be living in some podunk apartment with a slutty woman who's pregnant with his child...and that boy has NO idea how to raise a child...oh, no, no, no...and now I've got this other baby Absol...no one but me left to raise it. Pandora's an old girl. I'm surprised she's having cubs this late in her life. I just wish I didn't feel so guilty about offing the little thing...I mean...what else can I do? I can't keep it, and I don't know anyone on the island wanting one...what was that, Tierney? You'd take it? Really? Oh, bless you, child! You'll have to get permission, of course...wouldn't want to make your parents unhappy...wake up, Tierney..."

"I'm sorry, sir? What?"

"Wake up, Tierney..."

"What?"

"Chief, wake up!"

He felt a light tugging on his shoulder, causing his blue eyes to snap open and immediately examine the surroundings. He was in a log cabin, it seemed, unfurnished and spacious, with a high ceiling and the two opposing windows half-open, creating a cross-draft for air conditioning; the building was constructed far too long ago to have an A/C unit, or even the electricity to operate one. Moonlight shone in through a broken glass pane in one of the windows, illuminating a small, jagged square on the ground near them. Below his drowsy form, he could feel the soft cushioning of an unfolded sleeping bag. It was horribly uncomfortable, but even so, it beat the years the boy spent living on beaches. Sure, the weather was nice and the scenery was gorgeous, but it only took so many years of shoveling sand out of every nook and cranny of his body for him to get sick of Dewford. He sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes with one hand. His hair was a static mess, having been offended by the cheap sleeping bag's fabric. This was getting to be a recurring problem, but Tierney again saw the bright side of things. At least he was indoors.

"Wha-" was all he could manage, readjusting his tangled legs inside the bag. He shifted his blurry gaze to his right, where another boy lay. He was Tierney's elder by just over five years, but they both carried the same adult maturity (and the same juvenile propensity to laugh at things that some would consider tasteless). The boy was physically fit, a sailor by trade, and a wrangler of what, to most people, was a very disagreeable Gyarados. His sunkissed tan reveled in moonlight, though the light's fluorescence made the few teenhood acne scars hidden beneath the young man's blonde chinstrap a tad more apparent. His hair, too, was a humorous mess, but it managed to make him look positively endearing. Like a toddler, but with the ability to speak and use the bathroom by himself. His eyes mimicked the shade of Tierney's, but failed to capture the life behind them; thus, the sailor was cursed with eyes of a dull blue color, still pretty, but hardly captivating. Both of his ears had silver piercings through the lobe, and one was pierced with a small ring at the top. One more silver decoration adorned his left eyebrow.

"You were having another nightmare about your missing friend, kiddo," the sailor said, a hint of concern in his voice. Tierney looked at him exhaustedly. He hadn't been having a nightmare. At worst, the dream was neutral; at best, it was a moment worth reliving, the moment Absol was given to Tierney and he fell completely in love.

"No, I wasn't," Tierney contested. His friend gave him a condescending look. "Honestly, it wasn't a nightmare. Cross my heart."

"...all right," said the sailor, obviously unconvinced but willing to give up on the subject if it meant more sleep. That was one thing Tierney had noticed about his friend Jagger; the guy loved sleep. He would avoid it like the plague when nighttime hours were approaching, but the moment he fell into the sweet embrace of melatonin and dreamscapes, he did not want to leave it. But it didn't bother Tierney. He could take Absol and Wingull for a walk before the older boy rose, or do some lightweight training before Jagger brought in the big-leaguers for another chance to completely destroy the novice. He hardly stood a chance against Jagger's Gyarados and Xatu, but he felt the training experiences were valuable. And Jagger always held back. "You sure there's nothing wrong?"

"Positive. Go back to sleep. We're up and out in four hours," said Tierney, checking his watch. He had an alarm set for eight, but he knew full well that there was no way Jagger would ever get up at a time that consisted of single digits. His knowledge of his friend's sleep habits reflected nicely in the jocular scoffing that Tierney could hear coming from Jagger's direction in the dark.

"All right. 'night."

"Night."

Tierney laid his head back on the bag's built-in pillow, hoping the static buildup wouldn't turn him into a Tesla coil before he woke again. He rolled onto his side and before long, he felt a warm figure fall gently against and over him from behind. He could feel Jagger's defined torso against his bare back, and he allowed his hand to come to rest on the young man's forearm, draped across the tired trainer's hips, holding him close.