PDA

View Full Version : [M] My Deadly Secret [Etoile&Shades of Grey]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Alice was just walking along the side streets on her way home from work, it was around midnight as she walked. After all she tended to work nights for the twenty four hour coffee shop in the city. She liked it she guessed, some of her co-workers were pretty cool and her manager was very relaxed about everything. The discount on coffee was fabulous as well. She loved the stuff, she could live off of it if it was humanly possible.

She sighed softly though as she walked looking up at the moon. "Seems like a good night for the monsters and demons to be lurking about." She muttered looking back to the ground, a full moon? How ironic. She ran a hand through her ebony hair. Her skin was fairly pale, her blue eyes like an ocean of sky blue in the middle of a white bliss. She would probably be considered vampire like to small children who didn't know any better. She was thin and somewhat small.

She continued to walk for awhile looking at the ground. She was unsure of what to do when she got home. Should she just call it a night or actually do something? She sighed. Alice was never good at making decisions, she didn't really make them often, it was either is this a good thing or not? Like when she left her home for good. Well, it didn't matter. She was 20 and free to be on her own, her father in prison for abuse charges. He was proven not guilty for murder sadly though, which meant less safe time for Alice. He would come back for her she knew it.

She ran a hand over her neck as she walked feeling where her tattoo was, she had two. One on the back of her neck and the other in between her back shoulder blades. Both of them were somewhat significant to her. One of them more deep than the other. She sighed softly as she finally reached her apartment. She was glad to be home, she lived in a somewhat rundown one, it was big though. She only got it though because the landlord had known her mother. Sympathy deals were somewhat annoying though. Alice hated getting what she wanted because of what had happened to her when she was just a little girl.

She walked inside and dropped her bag aside and crouched down to the floor with a small smile on her face. "Mimi~ Sebastian~" She called sweetly in a childish voice. Two little cats came running purring and rubbed themselves against her. She laughed a little as they did so. "I missed you guys." She said quietly as she picked up Mimi and walked up the stairs, Sebastian right behind her. She decided that she was just going to take a shower and call it good. So she did that and then went down to sit in her main room and read for awhile while drinking some tea.

((I don't know how you want them to meet, but I was thinking that he could have seen her and followed her and then meets her somehow in the morning?))

Ashen
08-27-2011, 04:03 PM
He stared down at his hands, completely covered in blood. There wasn't a single spot of his skin until his elbows. "No," he whispered as he saw the body. His eyes were wide with fear. Why did I do this?
He dropped to his knees and placed a bloodied finger to his brother's neck. "Kristian!" he yelled. "Kris get up!"
Beside him lay the murder weapon, a 6-inch blade that was too long to be legal. His finger prints were all over it.
No, he told himself, over and over. I'll have to change my name. I'll have to move far away. Oh my God my brother is dead.

Ashley and Kristian were always pretty close. Their mother had wanted girls, so she gave them both feminine names. Ashley would go by Ash and Kristian would make sure everyone called him that. Being the older of the two, Kris was used to watching his little brother when their mom went to her night clubs. Kris would take care of his little brother better than he'd care for himself, which is why Ash always loved him.

Kristian was a 26-year-old attorney now. He took things seriously when they needed to be, but he enjoyed a good laugh. He goes out of his way to find a way to make a judge laugh, or to soothe his clients. Everyone loved Kristian. He was just a likable guy.

Now, Ash stared down at the attorney. His neck had a giant gash from where the knife had sliced him. The moments before his death kept replaying in Ash's mind, over and over.
"Ash, you've been drinking again, haven't you? I keep telling you to stop. We made a promise that we wouldn't turn out like Mom, remember?"
"I'm prefectly sober. Stop worrying about me."
"Ash, you aren't sober. You reek of alcohol."
"Shut up. Don't you have better things to do? You have a huge case that starts in six hours. Why aren't you asleep?"
"Ash. You just told me six hours from midnight is eight o'clock."
"I don't care, dammit. Leave me alone!"
Kris tried to touch his brother, to comfort him, and that's when everything started to blur.

Ash lifted his brother's eyelids. He had to see those beautiful eyes one last time.
Kris's eyes had been petrified, shock and horror forever glued to their irises. They were blue, a completely different shade of Ash's almost green eyes. Kris's hair, a dirty blonde, was now red with his own blood.

I can't stay here.
Ash grabbed the knife he had used to kill his brother. He started to run, pounding his feet onto the floor. He ran until the stars gave way to the sun; he ran until he couldn't see his brother's face staring back at him.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Alice had woken up as the sun rose. She sighed softly. She never was able to get much sleep, it was her curse, well, she could be considered to have her life as a curse. She sat up in the bed with a grim expression. She managed to get out of the bed at least and got dressed. She had showered the night before so she was pretty good. She had her own little daily routine she guessed, It just kept her busy and entertained and looking forward to some things rather than nothing all day long.

She stretched a little more as she was dressed. She wore dark skinny jeans with boots and a loose white tank top covered up by a sweater and beanie over the tops of her dark hair. She smiled a little as she walked outside and was on her way to get her daily coffee. The shop wasn't too far, but she got her exercise every day by walking to and from work throughout the day. It gave her time to think about whatever rather than driving everywhere.

She was humming a little to herself as she walked down the street. She wasn't really paying any attention to anything but she thought she heard a whimpering from an alleyway, it was almost human sounding. She tried to ignore it though. She was known to pick up stray cats and take them to the shelter, she had actually been thinking about getting another cat, but then again she didn't want to seem like the stereotypical crazy single cat lady. She would probably go through with it though. They were good company and were okay if you left them alone for awhile, after all they were rather lazy anyway unless they were in the mood for fun and games. She managed to get herself to the coffee shop and was just walking back with her morning frappe.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Ash was on the ground; his legs had finally given way underneath of him. Where am I? he asked himself when once he really meant was, Am I far enough away?
His fingers were covered with a mixture of blood and dirt, his knife was tucked into his pocket. He needed to clean himself up.

Ash found a house that didn't look like it had a vicious guard dog and stared at the window. It didn't look like anyone was home. That could be used to his advantage.
Ash made his way to the backdoor and took out his knife. He jimmied the lock until the door opened. "Hello?" he called, his rough voice echoing off the walls. When no one answered him he closed the door behind him and walked around, leaving trails of blood through the house. He came across what he assumed to be the living room. Two cats lay side-by-side, sleeping. He crepped up the stairs until he found the bathroom. There we go.

Once Ash was showered he got a towel and cleaned all of the bloodstains he had left. When he was done he threw the towel as well as his T-shirt in a garbade can outside. Ash stared down at his pants. They still had blood running down one of his legs. With a sigh, he located the laundry room and threw his jeans in the washer.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Alice walked into her house. Mimi and Sebastian seemed to be a little frightened. "What's wrong you guys?" She asked quietly as she set her purse down in the house and knelt down. That was when she thought she heard something, the washer running. She couldn't remember turning it on... "Um. Hello?" She called. She was a little nervous so she picked up Sebastian, her black cat hoping that he would offer some protection as she nervously walked down the hall towards the laundry room. "Is there someone there?" She asked weakly.

She was shaking horribly and Sebastian jumped down running into the laundry room and started to hiss. Right before Alice reached the door way she took a deep breath and peered in. She looked terrified most likely. "Um... hello?" She asked quietly looking for something in the room. She hoped it wasn't some axe murderer... otherwise she was an easy target, young girl, unarmed and small enough to be taken down in one blow.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Ash was just waiting for the washer to finish when he heard someone upstairs. "Shit," he murmured, looking for a hiding spot. One of the cats ran down and started to hiss at him. "Shh kitty, shh," he whispered. There were no hiding spots in the room and worry crossed his face.
What would someone think when they saw a stranger in their laundry room, naked nonetheless?
Ash stopped the washer and put his soaking wet jeans on. They rubbed uncomfortably against his legs, but now was no time to complain.
"Hello?" he called back and took a big breath. Ash walked out of the darkness, looking at the door. A girl stood there, alone. She was terrified, shaking visibly.
"Um," he said slowly, "well this is awkward." He was hoping to ease her with a simple joke, but he knew that would probably scare her even more.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Alice jumped when she heard the voice. She nearly screamed a little,"Who are you... and why are you in my house." She asked, her voice shaking in her speech. She wasn't liking the fact that someone was in her house without her knowledge, actually it scared her more than anything. She turned the light on in the room so she could look at whoever it was. It made her vulnerability more obvious though, She really was tiny at just about under a 100 or so pounds. She picked Sebastian up as she saw him. He seemed... handsome at least but still. He could be some... drunkard asshole that was going to rape her right then and there and leave her dead.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
"Why are you in my house," Ash repeated. "That's a wonderful question."
Ash looked down at his chest, entirely visible due to the lack of his shirt. His muscles bulged out which probably was scaring her. His face was covered in brown stubble-When was the last time he had shaved?
"A question that requires an even more wonderful answer," he said, his eyes grazing her body. Look how small she is.
Ash needed a lie, and he needed one quick. His mind was swimming, he felt drunk. Maybe he was. He couldn't smell any alcohol on him, but maybe that was because he was so used to the smell.
"I am..." Ash started, his eyes darting around the room. "Here... to sell you some...cookies?"
You're pathetic.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Alice frowned,"And cookie salesmen hide in houses and use laundry machines. I don't think so. Look, I'll make you a deal here. You can finish washing your pants or whatever and I'll give you some slacks or something to wear while you wait. I can get you some tea or whatever as well, You look terrible. Oh, but you can only do those things if you promise not to rape me or kill me. She couldn't really tell if he was sober or not, He looked totally out of it and like he hadn't been sleeping at all. She was a little confused to be honest. I don't even know if I can trust this guy and I'm offering him tea? Jesus I have no confidence with myself. But then again, I've got nothing to live for. She sighed.
"So um. You going to take me up on my offer?" She asked quietly.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 05:39 PM
You have to promis not to kill me.
Ash gave a huge headache just thinking about his brother. His eyes went to the knife he had put next to the washing machine, thankfully out of view.
"How do I know you won't rape and kill me first?" Ash said, feigning suspicion. He gave a smirk, then nodded. "Deal."
He hoped the girl couldn't see his hands shaking, his eyes darting. There was no way he could be sober, not while he was acting like this.
He stumbled to her, staying a good foot away. "I'm a rare kind of cookie salesman," he said. "The limited eddition Halloween kind."
It's not even October you idiot.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Alice sighed softly and shook her head,"Now you're just lying." She muttered walking upstairs to get him so clothes. She came back down and tossed him some. "Go ahead and put your stuff in the washer. You can meet me in the main room." She said quietly as she walked off to the kitchen to make some tea for the guy. Sebastian was following her like a puppy. She didn't know what to think about anything at that point.
What if this guy really can't be trusted? What if he is some guy your father hired to finish the job he couldn't complete?
She shuddered at the last thought. She pulled her sleeves up revealing a lot of scars of all kinds. If you took a closer look, you would see that she was covered in them, her entire body like a weapon test doll. She frowned as she thought of her father. She really wanted to be able to trust someone for once.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Ash stared down at the clothes in his hand. He slipped them on and shoved his jeans back in the washer. He grabbed his knife, still wet, and shoved it in his pocket. He wasn't planning on using it, but you can never be sure of anything.
Ash walked up to the main room and looked around. It was bigger than his had been to say the least. He stumbled to the girl, and nearly fell. "Do you have somewhere I could lay down?" he asked, trying to balance himself. "I had a long night and I just need a...rest."

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Alice looked back at him somewhat suspiciously and nodded,"Yeah down the hall to the left." She said quietly. That room was the guest room. She though she saw the outline of a knife but she didn't say anything. She just went back to her own business. She was still slightly frightened by him. She was trying to focus though. She didn't want to have some mental breakdown right in front of him and have him think that she was some psycho killer rather than himself being one.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Ash hobbled down the hall. All the patterns inside the room made his head spin.
"I'm finally loosing it," he mumbled to himself. "Oh God, Kris," he whined like he always did when he was having trouble with something. "Kris."
He lay down on the bed, drowsiness overcoming his body. His eyes drifted shut until he was in a deep sleep.

"Ashley," he heard, a soothing voice that sounded like his own. "Ashley."
Ash looked around, but there was no one there. He was in a dark alley in the dead of night. "Ashley."
There. The sound came from that direction, near the garbadge disposal. Ash climbed into it. "Who goes there?" he called.
"Come and find me, Ashley."
Annoyed-Who'd have the audacity to call him Ashley?-he dove into the bin. Surrounded by trash and rats, Ash started to dig until he saw a face. The face was a deep red. "Help me," came from it's mouth, a soft tone.
Ash rubbed the blood and debris away from the face to find Kristian's eyes staring at him. With one blood stained hand, Kris dug a knife through Ash's thigh.

With a scream, Ash startled out of the bed. He looked around, breathing hard.
Blood.
He saw blood on his thigh, a giant stain through the girl's pants. He was about to panic when he remembered the knife he had fallen asleep on.
Ash removed it from his pocket and threw it across the room. He removed the slacks partially to reveal a deep wound.
You know I don't believe in karma, Ash had once said to his brother.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Meanwhile when the man had been walking off Alice was just in the kitchen. She gripped the edge of the counter as memories flooded through her head. This happened sometimes to her, the one time she had seen a therapist they said it was just an aftermath thing and that there were medications, but Alice didn't want to have to take drugs just to feel better. She sank down to the floor holding her head and crying as she continued to remember things from her past.

"Oh come on Alice. It will be fun." The voice said quietly in the abyss of her mind. She knew the voice so well, the deep ring to it, the mimic of the evil laughter. "Don't be scared, just sit there on the chair. I'll let you when we're finished."
"Please... no." She muttered to herself as she lay on the floor. More tears flooded down her face as the burns took place. She screamed in the memory but just cried in real life. She could feel the searing pain as her skin was burned and just when she thought it was over the sensation of the knife on her neck came to her.

Alice woke up in a daze. She was on the floor in the kitchen still. She didn't know what to do. She was just sobbing. Mimi and Sebastian were in different places. Sebastian meowing loudly in the man's room as he seemed to have his own nightmare and Mimi just watched as Alice got a knife from the drawer of the kitchen and slid the thing across her wrist and stomach deep until she just passed out laying unconscious on the floor.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Ash got up in a hurry, looking all around him. He needed to wash these pants now too.
He walked out of the room to see blood all along the kitchen floor.
Ash dropped to his knees, recalling the sight from midnight. He stared at his hand, covered in the blood from his thigh.
"Not again," he said, holding back tears.
"Hey!" he screamed, his mind throbbing. "Please get up. Please."
Ash took a deep breath. His pulse was about double of what it should have been. He stared at the phone hanging on the wall. You cannot call the cops, he said to himself. They will arrest you for two accounts of murder.

Kristian came home one day to find his brother sitting at his kitchen table. "What are you doing here?" he asked in a mad tone.
"I thought you might like some company. How's your case doing?"
"You want to know how my case is doing? My client wants to pleade not guilty. His semen was found on both girls. He raped and killed two girls and he won't admit it. And I have to defend this asshole. Plus the plantiff has freaking Joe O'Malley on their side. I can't win this case."
"Hey Kris, what's the difference between Joe O'Malley and a catfish?"
"What are you talking about?"
"One is a bottom-feeding useless sucker. The other one is just a fish."
Kristian laughed. "Thanks."

Three months later, Kristian accepted a plea bargain. His client accepted forty years of prison with no chance of parole. Ash knew that even that was lucky; that murderers never get out easily.

"Please," Ash said, his fists balled, "get up!"

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Alice seemed to be waking up a little. She couldn't move though,"Please... please don't hit me again." She whispered, she wasn't talking to Ashley at all, she was completely dazed. She needed to get to the hospital or she needed medical attention that was all she knew. "Hospital..." she muttered weakly trying to sit up but ended up falling into his arms. She was weak.

Near death even. She was losing blood fast and her skin was showing it, either deathly white or soaked in red. She was just slowly losing herself as she sat there. The guy probably thought she was some sort of freak. "Daddy pleasee... stop." She muttered again in her hysterics. She managed to sit up again but fell back to the floor and just cried weakly.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Stop.
Ash picked up the girl and burst through the door. "Help!" he screamed, running down the street. "Help!" He ran through the streets, past backyards, even dodging a Great Dane. "Somebody help me!"
The girl was slipping from his grasp. He needed to get her to the hospital fast. Blood was running down his body-not the first time.
A car came straight for them. Ash stood firm, unmoving. The car nearly hit them. Ash ran up to the door and banged on the window. "Help!"
The man in the car saw the intensity of the situation and let them both in his backseat.
"What happened?" the guy asked, driving for the hospital.
"I don't know."

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Alice was quickly taken from Ashley as they got to the hospital and taken to the emergency room. This wasn't a good situation at all, and everyone knew that. Within an hour or so though the doctors had taken her out of the er and into the intensive care unit. They went looking through the waiting room to see if anyone was there for her and told Ashley that she was awake and stable.
Alice just sat there trembling. She remembered everything. She wanted to get out of there now. The doctor had told her she could soon luckily, but soon wasn't soon enough. She needed out now. She hated hospitals more than anything.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Once the doctor told Ash the girl, Alice, was fine, Ash made a run for it. He darted back to Alice's house, thankful for Kristian's advice when they were teenagers.
Always pay attention to the road you took. That way you can always find your way home.
Ash ran through the door, left unlocked, and made his way to the laundry room. He got his pants out of the washer and held them up.
He didn't need them dried. He just wanted out.
Ash pulled them on after he got his soaked slacks off. He stared at the blood stain. Is it my blood or hers?
He shook his head and threw the pants across the room. Ash ran into the guest room. He picked up the knife he had thrown and walked into the kitchen. He turned the water on and let it wash away the dried blood. "Come out, come out," he urged fruitlessly.
When nothing else worked, Ash dug in a plant and buried the knife.

His hands were trembling, his heart was beating hard. "Go on," Kristian urged. "You can do it."
Ash stared at her, his eyes resting on her beautiful blonde hair. "What if she says no?"
"Then she says no and you move on. Come on Ash."
Ash hobbled over to Gloria Duncan, his eyes staring at every part of her. "Gloria," he called and she turned around. "Would you like to go to the Spring Dance with me?"
Gloria smiled, her beautifully straight teeth gleaming. "I'd love to, Ashley."
"Ash." He smiled, a crooked smile.
In the distance, Kristian pretended to look at some book on the shelf. Really, he was smiling radiantly. "Imagine that," he said to himself. "Ashley's got a girlfriend before I do."

His face was terrified, although he tried to hide it. His eyes were forever gazing at his surroundings. He kept running, unsure of where his body was taking him.
When he realised where his legs were running him, he didn't stop.
When Ash arrived, he waited for the automatic doors to open for him. He needed to find out if the girl was alive. He couldn't have killed another innocent person.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Alice was still just freaking out in the room. The nurse hadn't been able to help her much and they couldn't sedate her since she didn't have that much blood, so Alice just sat there. She wanted to leave. "You guys don't understand, he'll come in find me... He'll finish off what he started and kill me!" She said quietly to the nurse. She knew very well that the nurse knew who she was and what had happened to her a few years ago. The nurse didn't want that to happen again of course but she couldn't let Alice out.

"You know the rules, you have to stay unless someone comes and says they'll take care of you." Alice frowned, she knew that no one was going to come for her, after all who even cared about Alice anyway, ever for that matter. Her father didn't love her, nor did whoever else was left in her family. She somewhat hoped that 'The Cookie Salesmen' would show up and take her out of there.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Ash took a deep breath. "I'm looking for a girl I just admitted. Alice I believe her name was."
The receptionist looked Ash down. "Have you been drinking tonight, sir?"
"No ma'am. Can you please tell me where she is?"
"She's not taking any visit-"
"Please, I need to see her. Look, I'm unarmed." Ash emptied his pockets which were entirely empty.
"I cannot let you through."
"Okay," Ash said, an idea flickering behind his eyes. "Can you just check her on your computer? Make sure she's okay?"
With a sigh, the receptionist punched the buttons on her keyboard. "She's fine," the receptionist assured.
If I can get her to look up...
"Excuse me, what does that say?" Ash asked, pointing to a list just above the receptionist's desk.
"Are you sure you haven't been drinking?"
"I'm dyslexic," Ash informed. "I can't see the numbers straight."
Annoyed, the woman stared at the sign. "First floor rooms one through one-hundred. Second floor rooms one-oh-one to two fifty."
Ash stared at the receptionist's eyes as she read. "Okay, thank you." Ash turned away and headed to the elevators.
Receptionists shouldn't wear glasses that reflect light.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Alice just sat in the room alone as the nurse left staring out the window. She was going to be stuck here. Stuck here forever most likely, they would put her in the psychiatric section of the hospital and keep her there, a prisoner to them all. She was still shivering slightly as she sat there. She was still pale, but her skin color was white already. Her blue eyes had faded to a blue gray. She wanted to die, that was all there was too it. If she died, her father and brother could never find her, she'd be free for eternity and nothing could stand in her way.

She even had the urge to start scratching at her wrist and just end things right there. She sighed for a second as her thoughts went back to the man who had brought her to the hospital, she thought it was cookie salesmen but she wasn't sure. She had been so dazed and what not she wasn't sure.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Ash ran down the hall and stood outside of a door. He knocked before opening the door. His eyes noticed the girl immediately, then they drifted to the nurse. She would tell him to leave so he needed to make this visit brief.
Ash walked up to Alice, his fingers still shaking. "Alice," he said slowly. "I'm so sorry I did this to you. I'm not going to tell you not to be mad-I'm sure that's not even possible-but I ask that you go out and live in peace. I won't be on the earth much longer anyway."
He stared down at her, into her eyes, before looking away. He couldn't stare at her eyes. Not after this.
Ash turned to the nurse. "I was just leaving," he said and turned for the door. His fingers wrapped around the doorknob but he couldn't turn it. His hand was too numb.
Instead he just stood like an idiot at the exit of the girl he had stabbed's door.

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 11:40 PM
"Hey, wait." Alice called quietly. "What the hell are you talking about? I did this to myself... Um. You had nothing to do with why I'm here." The nurse seemed to understand that Alice wanted privacy and left the room. "i don't know your name, or where you're from, but I know for a fact that you were sleeping in my guest room when I did this." She held up her wrist revealing the bandages,"Does someone slash a girls wrist and stomach over and over? I don't think so." Alice was a little confused on why he though he had stabbed her when he clearly didn't. She noted that the nurse was gone. "Look, just go tell the nurse that you can take me home and take care of me so I can get out of here." She whispered.

Ashen
08-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Ash paused, confused and relieved at once. "What?" he asked. "Why would you... How..."
Ash couldn't decide on a single question. He tried to replay the scene in his mind. "But the blood," he protested. He shook his head and removed his jeans from his thigh. His thigh was covered in blood. "See?" he said, motioning. "Your blood..."
Ash thought back to his knife that was in his pocket. It was his blood. "But that means..."
In a panic Ash tried to brush the blood away from his thigh. The blood flow wouldn't stop. "I cut myself," he murmured.
"It's all my blood. I'm innocent..."
Ash then remembered his brother. Maybe not.
"Okay, I'll go tell the nurse I'll take care of you. Don't expect me to actually do so."
He exited the room and went to confront the nurse. When he returned he stared at Alice. "You owe me a cup of tea."

Etoile Mizu
08-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Alice smiled softly at him and got out of the bed taking out the iv and what not by herself. She quickly changed back into her normal shirt not caring that Ash was in the room. "Can I at least get a name from you?" She asked quietly,"I would like to know at least the name of the mysterious cookie salesman." She said teasing slightly. She was probably moving to fast for someone who had just lost that much blood but she didn't care at that point. She was sick of this place and needed to go home. She walked out with him leaning on him slightly for support. She was pretty week now that she thought about it. Maybe she should have stayed for awhile.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 12:07 AM
"My name..." Ash started. He tried to think of an alias but the only name that could come to his mind was Kris and if he had to answer to that he'd kill himself.
"Give me time to think about that," he said, not caring about how stupid he sounded. Ash let Alice lean against him, something he usually wouldn't do for a stranger. "You wouldn't happen to have money for a bus or taxi?" he asked. "I don't have any money on me."
Considering I'm never going home I don't have money at all.
Ash was stumbling over Alice's feet-or was that his own? He couldn't concentrate. "Get me home," he moaned.
His eyes darkened into a shade of dark blue. "God, what the hell did I drink?"

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Alice bought a taxi and they were home within ten minutes or so. Alice managed to drag Ash inside. She was confused on the fact that he didn't know his name, but he wasn't looking so awesome either. It was as if he had drinking something really hardcore or something. Once they were both inside and Alice shut the door she collapsed, bring them both down to the hard wood floor with a bang.
She didn't realize how weak she would be without all of the blood her body could take weeks to regenerate. Maybe that was why they wanted her to stay so badly, but she wasn't going to risk her life anymore by staying there.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Ash stayed on the floor, Alice on top of him, for a few minutes before he realised he shouldn't be like this. He rolled from underneath her. "What happened to our no raping policy?" he teased. Ash got up and stared down at Alice. Using the wall for support, he took a few steps towards the hall. "Are you going to be all right?" he asked Alice over his shoulder.
Without waiting for an answer he walked to the bathroom he had used when he had been trespassing. He took off his jeans yet again and removed his shirt. He allowed himself to step into the tub. He sat down; he didn't think he had enough control over his legs to stand.
Ash let the water run down his leg and clear away all the sweat and blood. His thigh was beginning to hurt, along with every other part of his body. Whatever he had to drink last night was coming back to hit him full force.

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Alice muttered something weakly as he walked away and managed to drag herself up using the wall for support and wandered into her bedroom shutting the door behind her. She crashed on the bed exhausted, she didn't know why she was so stupid sometimes. She wondered what the man was doing but she was to weak and tired to think about it. She just fell asleep on the bed sprawled out slightly.
She started to dream about her father again making her moan and whine in her sleep as well as move a lot. It was often to much for her to take, the memories, thus making her cut herself.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 01:58 AM
With a towel wrapped around his waist, Ash walked to the guest bedroom. He heard whimpering from a nearby room. He dragged himself out of the bed despite the pain in his entire body. He half-walked half-waddled to what must have been Alice's room."Are you alright?" he asked before he realised she was asleep.
Ash sat down next to her. "My brother used to talk in his sleep," he said solemnly. "We had a full conversation before while he was semi-conscious. I asked him if he was ever going to replace me with a skanky hoe. You know what he said? 'Nah, man. No girl will ever come between me and my baby brother.' So you know what I said? 'What if you're gay?' He laughed, in his sleep, and said, you know you're a great brother.'"
Ash stared at Alice, hoping she hadn't heard a word of what he'd said.
"Alice," he cooed. "Ally wake up."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Alice stayed quiet during Ash's story. She hadn't heard any of it but she felt the warmth behind it, the way he was talking just made her feel somewhat safe. She slowly started to wake up though as he cooed her name and called her Ally. No one had ever given her a nickname before. She opened up her eyes and looked at him. "Everything okay?" She asked weakly once she realized she wasn't alone in the room. "Was I screaming or something?" She asked with an embarrassed expression. She was used to screaming or whimpering in her sleep, it was just something she had always done growing up.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Ash sighed, thankful that the girl was awake. "Yeah, you were whimpering like a dog. You seem more like the crazy cat person rather than the dog person. Wait, cats don't whimper, do they?"
Ash looked away, seemingly intrigued by the question. "Well anyway, it's good to see you're okay. I dun't know what I...I just said dun't."
Ash shook his head to clear his mind but the action was obviously too much for him to handle. Ash leaned over until he couldn't support the own weight of his head. He fell back onto Alice's bed, helpless. He let out a low moan. "Jesus," he said, his stomach aching. "Aleve," he sighed. "Get me some Aleve."
Ash had never been a heavy pill-popper thanks to his brother's constant nagging. Surely the day Ash turned twenty-one he had left his brother for an entire week until he was so hungover and doped he couldn't take it.
Right now, Ash didn't feel like following his brother's advice. He needed help, and now.

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Alice frowned looking at him. She still didn't know what to call him... she felt kind of dumb though. "Um. Are you okay?" She asked weakly as she moved slightly to feel his forehead, he had a pretty high fever. She weakly got out of the bed tucking him into it and managed to get to the kitchen. She grabbed a wet rag to put on his head as well as a few Aleve and some water. She brought it all back and set it down. She sat down besides him as she put the rag to his forehead,"What have you been drinking exactly?" She asked quietly.
She just sat there though, she was worried but she wasn't sure of what to do. He was really warm, and then again she was freezing. She helped him get the Aleve down his throat and then crawled back into the bed. She didn't mind sleeping next to him. "You're boiling hot, and I'm freezing. It might be awkward but it might help so just hold onto me and try to get some rest okay?" She said quietly wondering if he would do it.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Ash stared at Alice, his face unable to hold any emotion. He was shaking. "Whatever it was that I drank," he sighed, "I will never drink it again. I can't think straight. I'm not normally like this."
He tried sitting up in the bed but failed. "Who am I kidding? As long as my brother isn't watching I'm always drunk."
As long as my brother isn't watching.
Instinctively, Ash's eyes darted to the window. He never believed in anything the church had told him which was why Kris never took him after his first visit, but maybe Kristian was right. Maybe he was staring down at him from the clouds.
Ash moved away from Alice, not liking her invitation. "I'm not going to be like my mother," he said clearly. "I will not get in bed with someone who doe's even know my name and nine months later learn I have a kid." Ash's eyes widened as he realised he was already in the same bed as Alice. Startled, he lunged backwards, knocking him to the floor. "Oh dammit," he mumbled, trying to get up. He couldn't even feel half of his body so he just lay there, miserable.
What the hell is wrong with you?

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Alice just sighed softly,"I didn't mean it that way you idiot." She hissed,"And I guess I'll have to come up with a name for you." She muttered as she herself got up. She felt herself get dizzy though and held a hand to her head. "I guess both of us are a bit screwed." She muttered. She whimpered slightly before she ended up falling backwards hitting her head and passing out on the floor.
Soon enough Mimi and Sebastian came running into the room. Sebastian curled up with Ashley attempting to keep him warm. Mimi on the other hand went to Alice, who was freezing and seemed to be getting worse.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Ash felt a cat curl beside him. He stared at it, his eyes half shut. "I had a cat once," he said to no one in particular. "His name was Sushi. Wait, I think he was a fish."
Exhausted, Ash passed out on the floor beside the cat.

"Yes, that's him, that's the one who killed me," Kris said pointing.
Ash looked on at Kris. He was speaking to someone in a uniform.
"It's a cop," Ash mumbled to himself as he began to run.
"Halt in the name of the police!" the cop called.
Ash kept running, unaware of where he was going. Before he knew it, he was at the hospital. He walked into a room and removed the curtain to find Alice. "Alice!" he called.
Alice didn't look up from what she was cradling. She turned so that Ash could see the baby in her arms. "It's our first son. I was thinking of Kristopher."
Ash stared down at the baby. It had Kris's eyes, Kris's nose, Kris's mouth. "Kris," Ash breathed.
"Yes, that's it. Little Kris."

Ash woke up in a sweat, panting heavily. "I'm sorry," he said as he cried into his hands. "I'm so sorry." When he opened his eyes his hands were filled with not tears but blood. "Where now?" he said. With the back of his hand he wiped his face.
Nosebleed.

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Alice was still passed out on the other side of the room. Sebastian had left Ashley and moved over to Alice. Both Mimi and Sebastian were meowing loudly trying to awake there master but it didn't seem to be working very well. She looked slightly healthier though, less pale than she had the night before and breathing normally. She looked really exhausted though as she lay curled up on the floor with Mimi and Sebastian. Mimi walked over to Ash and meowed in a strange tone, almost as if to say 'help us.'

Ashen
08-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Ash picked himself up and walked to the other side of the room. Alice was on the floor, probably passed out like he had been. Ash shoved his fingers underneath her and carried her to the bed. He wrapped a blanket around her and stared back. "Sleep tight."
Ash walked to the kitchen to wipe his nose. His dream replayed in his mind until he recalled a certain saying: "Halt in the name of the police!"
"My God," Ash said, shaking his head. "Halt in the name of the king," he murmured. "Benign Kingdoms IV, chapter two. Stop playing so many damn video games."
Ash made his way to the kitchen and sat down on the table. He could stay here and get what he needed, but that also made it easier to find him.
He could leave, but there's no saying he'll survive out there. Ash shook his head, trying to figure out what to do.

Ash pulled the tray from the oven and inhaled deeply. The air smelled of brunt cookies. He placed the cookies on a tray and walked into Alice's room. "Alice," he called. "I'm here to sell you some cookies."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Alice woke up and laughed a little as he said he was going to sell her some cookies. "Why thank you." she said smiling a little,"I take that you're feeling better?" She asked. He looked kind of shaken by something but she wouldn't pry, after all she didnt want to get in his face, especially after what he had said last night to her, but then again his mood seemed to be improved. She yawned silently and looked at Seabastian who was just staring at Ash. "So... um." she didn't know what to say, she just wanted to break the awkward silence.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 04:04 AM
"You know," Ash said as he brought the plate to the bed, careful not to touch the mattress, "I can't leave until you make me that cup of tea."
He grabbed a cookie and bit into it. It tasted a bit charred but was otherwise okay. "I've never made cookie before this," he informed. "I'm sorry if they taste bad."
Ash lay the plate down on the bed and walked over to the window. "Since you have no idea what to call me you could just adress me as "El Cookie Master." Ash laughed, then added, "If that doesn't work out Ash is fine." His body went still as ice. Did I just say that?
"Er, eat," he said, attempting to fix his mistake. "You haven't eaten since I got here and cookies are the perfect breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to mention a good snack."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 04:21 AM
Alice smiled a little as she took a bite of the cookies and listened to him talk. She hadn't been paying much attention but Ash was actually very attractive. "The cookies aren't bad, but I may have to show El Cookie Master the art of Mastering cookie baking," she said teasing slightly, she noticed that he had gotten uncomfortable when he said to call him ash. She knew that was his name then. But she didn't want to pressure him. "You can call me Alice.. but I liked the nickname Ally you called me yesterday." she said weakly, a small blush on her face.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Ash smirked. "I always do give the best nicknames. Ally it is then."
He stared at the cat that had migrated to the bed. "So do the cats have names or must I give them amazing nicknames as well?"
Ash smirked slightly. He loved to tease; high school and college were both jokes. He had never graduated from college but it didn't bother him.
He stared up at Alice but soon looked away. His eyes bounced like Lima beans. "Now about those cookies," he said. "I'll charge you... one pair of pants. Fair?"
He looked down, then added, "I choose the ones I'm wearing."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Alice smiled,"Deal." she said quietly. She looked at Sebastian. "Well the black cat that seems to be absolutely mezmorized by you is Sebby or Sebastian, and the other is Mimi." she said quietly. She gently scratched Sebastians ears. "They're both good cats." she added. "Anway, is there anything in particular you want to do today?" she asked.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 04:58 AM
"Sebastian, Mimi, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Ash smiled, then turned his attention back to Alice. "Don't you have work? School? Something?" He walked over to Mimi and stroked her fur. "Hey there Mimi. Is she neglecting you for Sebastian over there? That's okay, El Cookie Master has got ya."
Smiling, he turned back to the plate of cookies and fed on to Mimi. "You like burnt cookies? Personally I prefer mine well-done."
Ash looked up. "I suggest getting me out of the house before I pull a tutu over the cat and propose a tea party." Ash stared back at Mimi. He held his hands out with his thumbs and index fingers out, pantomiming a camera. "Now that I mention it..."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Alice sighed softly,"I work nights at the coffee shop a few streets down. But I'm not scheduled to work for awhile, and I do have school as well." She said quietly,"But I'm taking a break from it because I haven't decided what I want to do." She added. She smiled softly. The cats seemed to like Ash a lot it was almost like he had been there all along with them or something.
"Are you sure you wouldn't like to be called El Cat Master?" She asked teasing slightly,"And don't worry, you'll get your tea eventually. I just think Mimi and Sebastian would miss you." She said quietly.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Ash shook his head. "I've never been into cats really," he said, scratching Mimi. "So you work at a coffee house? Well I'll have to say it's better than the job I have. I call it 'freeloading.'" He gave a smirk as his eyes fixed his eyes on a different area in the room.
"It's a shame too, my boss just took some personal time off and I can no longer stay in his house. I'm going to miss that place.."
Ash's eyes dimmed in memory as he remembered the days he would spend at Kris's house.
He cleared his throat and let his eyes trace Alice's body. "Right. Well then. What would you like to do, Ally?"

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Alice was just looking down at the scratches on her arms. "I guess... I don't really know." She said quietly,"Do you want to do something in particular? Because well, there are plenty of things to do in this town, I even heard that they have some new animals at the zoo this summer." She said quietly looking back at him. She noticed that he was looking at how small she was again and looked away blushing slightly,"Or we could go to the store and pick out some tea that you would like." She said quietly.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 02:54 PM
"I honestly don't care what we do," Ash stated. He stared up at her suddenly, then said, "As long as it's not watching a movie. I can't sit still long enough to watch a movie."
Ash stared down at his chest. "Do you know how to swim? It'd be a nice way to cool off. Are there any rivers or lakes nearby? I always prefer to have the water all to myself but I guess a public pool would be okay. Are they even open?"
Ash saw a blush ride up from Alice. He stared at her reddening skin. What did I do?
"Ally?" he asked. "You okay?"

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Alice smiled softly at him and managed to stop blushingWay to go idiot.,"I'm fine." She said smiling at him.
"Anyway though, I can't sit through a movie either, but I guess we could head to the lake. I can drive." She said quietly. "Even the public pool around here though rarely get's used, but the lake is more scenic and fun to be around. Do you have a swimsuit or whatever or should we go get you one?" She asked quietly looking at him still.
She wasn't sure of what his plans were or what they were going to do at all but the lake would be a good time if they went. And it was getting pretty hot outside.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Ash shook his head with a smile. "I came here with the clothes on my back and that was it. Actually, I wasn't wearing a shirt. Correction: I came with the jeans on my ass and that was it. I can do some diving with these pants though." He brushed his pants off. "Alright, obviously you are going to drive. I don't have a car."
Or a license, Ash added to himself.
He got up and walked to the door of her room. "Are we bringing food? You know, for like, a picnic?"
He stilled, then said, "Uh, only if you want I mean."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Alice smiled a little. "Sounds alright with me." She said quietly. She got up to change,"And a picnic sounds nice." She said quietly,"There's food in the fridge so go see what you want to take and I'll be out there shortly." She said quietly waiting for him to leave before she changed into her swimsuit and but some shorts on and a shirt. She put her hair up as well. Eventually she walked down into the kitchen.
"So um. Do you want me to make sandwiches or something?" She asked quietly.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Ash walked to the kitchen and opened the door of the fridge. He stared at all that was inside. Ash could easily take this food and run.
At least that's what he was thinking when Alice came into the kitchen. "That was quick," he murmured.
Ash's eyes followed Alice's body, a habit he needed to shake. She looked pretty to say the least.
To say the most she looked like an angel sent from God. Ash wanted to go up and touch her but he stayed his distance. When was the last time he had actually touched a female?
Do cats count?
"I uh, yeah, sandwiches. Yeah."
Really Ash hated sandwiches. The way the two slices of bread were never entirely symmetrical, the way the meats piled out at the sides, Kris had always had to make Ash's sandwiches perfect for him, which is why Ash never used to eat sandwiches.

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Alice looked at the fridge,"On second thought. Let's not have sandwiches." She said quietly. She wasn't really a fan of them so much. "Just grab what you want and then we can go." She said quietly.
She walked across the room and grabbed a couple plastic bags and handed some to Ash. "Here." she said quietly before walking across the room again to grab some other things they would need. She eventually had a bag with towels and stuff for them and put it out in the car. She had a nice car, 2010 gt mustang, black.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Ash turned back to the fridge and gazed at everything inside.
Where's the champagne? he wondered. He picked up the carton of milk. "You never put milk in the front," he informed Alice. "It will get the most hot air when you open the fridge, thus causing it to spoil. It goes all the way in the back. I'd suggest putting water or juice in the front."
Ash arranged the fridge accordingly. He placed everything in neat lines and reached for something wrapped in tin foil. He lifted the tin foil slightly. "Leftovers? Those will work. What are they? And I'd suggest putting the leftovers right around here." Ash pointed to a spot in Alice's fridge. When he finally realised what he was doing his eyes darted up to Alice. He stared back at the refrigerator. "Oh. Oh."
He closed the fridge door swiftly and looked at Alice. "I'm sorry. Did I mention I have OCD? I haven't taken my pills for it in the longest. My brother believed that if I kept popping pills that don't work they'd kill me."
His eyes followed the outline of the fridge once again. "I'm so sorry."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Alice smiled softly,"Don't worry about it, I don't mind that you have OCD at all." she said quietly watching him organize the fridge,"Did you find something worth eating?" She asked with a slight laugh. She didn't eat very much herself so it was a little strange for her to have a guy in the house, she knew that they could eat forever and not really ever have a problem with it, that was just how guys were apparently.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Ash lay the leftovers on the kitchen table. He opened them up. "I still don't know what this is," he pointed. "But it doesn't look too bad. I say we have whatever this is. I'm alright with surprises."
Ash stayed still for just a few seconds before he was moving again. "I also have ADHD. That I actually do take medication for. But I don't know, that doctor also told me I have autism." Ash stared up. "I do not have autism."
Ash inhaled deeply. He was moving too much and he knew it. He needed to calm himself down. "Actually, let's buy something while we're there. Let's just go."
Ash added a smile, then, "Please."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Alice packed the leftovers and then headed out to the car,"Maybe we should go get your prescriptions, just in case of course you want to take them. You don't have to though." She said smiling softly. "They told me I had to take anti depressants once, but I don't want to have to take a pill to make myself feel good.." She said softly smiling a little at him.
She walked outside with him and got in the car waiting for him to get in the car also.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 09:12 PM
"Take a pill to make yourself feel good?" Ash confirmed as if this was the most absurd thing ever. "Why would you need that when you have me?"
He gave a smirk. "No, I don't need my pills. I just might get a little jumpy. Nothing too much."
Ash couldn't get his prescriptions. Then they would find him and he couldn't let that happen.
"Oh Ally," Ash said, turning to face her. "What state are we in?" Ash didn't know how far he had run. Hours probably, but how far could he get when he was drunk? Ash's head fell back in the seat and his fingers lightly tapped the dashboard to the tune of a song only two brothers would know.

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Alice smiled over at him as she drove,"Well I don't have you if you're just going to leave right?" She asked quietly,"Also you haven't been around when I would need you." She said quietly looking ahead. Her smile disappearing slightly as she drove.
"Anyway, you're in Washington." She said quietly,"The state of course." She said quietly. "The city is Renton." She said quietly. "Why do you ask?" She asked quietly. She still felt kind of like blushing when he called her Ally.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Renton? I've never even heard of that. But Im still in the state. They can still find me.
Ash stared ahead at the road. "I don't have to leave you know," he pointed, hoping he didn't sound too pathetic.
You said you were a cookie salseman. It can't get more pathetic than that.
"Of course I wasn't here when you needed me. You didn't call. Shame on you." Ash's eyes were fixed on Alice's hand at rest on the gear shift. When he looked up to her face he saw that she wasn't smiling anymore. "I'm here now," he offered. "What can I do for you?"

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Alice sighed,"And why would you even want to say. This place has under 100,000 people, and I'm not that exciting anyway." She said looking at the road still. "There are plenty of fun places around." She said quietly. I would have called if I had your number. She thought to herself.
"I don't know what you could do though,"She said with a sigh,"I think just having someone around is kind of nice. I haven't lived with anyone for quite awhile, not at least since I was 15 or 16, I don't even remember when I came here." She said quietly.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Ash closed his eyes, letting the wind blow his brown hair in every which direction. "I used to live alone too," he murmured. "But I would get so lonely I'd always be at my brother's house. He'd usually stay up with his cases-he was a great lawyer-and I'd keep him going."
Ash let out a sigh. I kept him going and I stopped him in his tracks.
"Company is always nice to have. You start to go crazy if you're alone too long." He faced her. "We wouldn't want such a pretty face to have a spoiled brain."
Ash stared out the window at all the colours that were blurring by. "I guess I have no other choice then to stay with you then," Ash decided. "To prevent both of us from going crazy."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Alice smiled softly. "I ran away." She whispered. "Well, I wouldn't call it that." She added. She looked over at him. Her dark hair blowing slightly in the wind. "My father was arrested." She said quietly,"Under abuse charges, sadly they weren't able to find him guilty of murder. He killed my mother you see... and then he beat me. That's why I don't necessarily wear things that are revealing.
"The scars just cover my body." She pulled into the lake parking area and sighed as she put the car in park and wiped a tear from her face. "He's going to come after me again when he get's out I know. To finish what he started. He left me for dead on the highway. A car noticed me and brought me here..." She whispered,"I could have died and as soon as my dad figures out I didn't die, I'm as good as dead." She whispered. "But anyway. We're here."

Ashen
08-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Ash stared at the scars that lined Alice's arms. They reminded him so much of his brother's gash on his neck that he couldn't look at them. He couldn't stay with Alice anymore.
What if I get drunk again? What if I'm the one that kills her instead of her father? I can't let that happen.
"I uh, Alice, I need to..." Ash got out of the car and ran towards the pool. He made it to the bathroom and knelt down at one of the stalls.
The images of the scene circled in his head, images he knew would never die. They made him feel sick, more sick than any glass of Vodka had ever made him. He threw up in the toilet until he felt entirely empty.
"Kristian," he moaned. "Oh Jesus Kristian."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Alice frowned as he ran out and just watched him run towards the lake.
Way to go. He won't stay with you now. You just had to mention the story about your dad. She sighed softly as she just sat there and leaned her head down against the steering wheel. Maybe she should just change her name after all, run away to another place with a new name and look. Make up some fake past or just claim to have a normal childhood as an orphan.
She didn't know what to do as she sat there. She felt like she was just screwing things up, which is probably why she had never had a boyfriend for a long amount of time. She was 19 for Christ sake and she would never have anyone to stand by her except for her cats.

Ashen
08-28-2011, 11:38 PM
He stared at her from a distance. She was so miserable. He couldn't just leave her like that.
He didn't want to leave her at all.
His options ran through his mind, long lists of possibility. If he stayed, he could save her life but he'd also threaten his own.
If he left, Alice could be killed by her father. If not, she'd kill herself in insanity.
Ash inhaled and walked back to the car. He leaned agasint Alice's driver's side door and tapped the window. "He's not going to come and get you," Ash informed, "because I will protect you."

Etoile Mizu
08-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Alice was just sitting there in the car thinking stupid of herself when he came back. Alice just looked at him. A second ago she though she would never see him again but now he was back. She got out and just hugged him crying slightly,"Thanks." She whispered quietly. She was just glad that he was going to stay with her.
She didn't want to die of course.
But she didn't want to live alone and go insane either.

Ashen
08-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Ash was taken by surprise as Alice placed her arms around him. He allowed her to hug him, keeping his arms at his sides.
"I'm sorry I ran," he said slowly. "You just reminded me of..."
Ash didn't want to finish his sentence. Instead, he did what he always would do when he got into a sentence midway and didn't want to end it. He used his ADHD to get out of it.
"Oh wow, you're eyes look so pretty," he said, concentrating on them. It wasn't long before his attention turned once again. "I say we go into that lake," he said with a smile. "Will you be joining me?" He offered his hand to Alice.

Etoile Mizu
08-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Alice smiled softly,"It's okay, you're back now, that's all that matters." She said quietly. She took his hand and ran towards the lake with him smiling softly as they neared it. When they got to the beach she stripped down to her shorts and bikini top. She had a lot of scars all over her body but she didn't care at this point. She went all for it and dove into the crystal clear water.

Ashen
08-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Ash stared at Alice's body. It looked like a shattered window with all the scars she had. Ash made himself look away before he remembered anything about his brother.
He got a running start and dove into the water. When he surfaced he looked around at him. The water was cool and had a lot of shiny things at the bottom.
Ash couldn't resist. He dove back into the water and with his eyes open found his way to the bottom of the lake, where several shiny grasses were.
Ash had never seen anything natural that glowed so much. He exhaled, allowing his body to sink just close enough for him to pick a blue grass.
He stared above him as the sun reflected off of the water. He needed air.
Ash pushed himself to the surface and gasped heavily. He stared down at the algae in his hand. A souvenir.
When he spotted Alice he swam over to her. He tried to speak but he couldn't; all of those scars were making it hard to concentrate. Ash looked away in disgust.
He hoped his life would never come to that.

Etoile Mizu
08-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Alice sighed softly as she watched him dive into the water. The scars covering her bothered her just as much as they were bothering Ash. Not because she killed anyone though, but they were just a mix of self infliction and abuse. She hated it, they were just marks that would never go away.
She knew that Ash couldn't stand them either so she just got out of the water and slipped her shirt on. There were still scars covering her legs and what not but they weren't as bad as the ones on her back. She had a tattoo on her back though and one on the back of her neck to hide some of them.

Ashen
08-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Ash dunked himself once more before he noticed Alice was out of the water. "What's a matter?" he asked as he swam to the edge of the lake and pulled himself out. "Too cold for you?"
Ash shook his head and watched as water flew. His hands opened to revealed the blue grass.
The grass, Ash realised, which was the same colour as Kris's eyes.
Throwing the algae back in the water, Ash walked over to where Alice was. She had put her shirt back on.
Is she uncomfortable around me?

Etoile Mizu
08-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Alice watched him in silence as he messed around in the water. She didn't really know what to say as he sat besides her. "I saw the way you looked at me." she whispered."I know theyre disgusting and terrible but I can't make them all just disappear." she said weakly. I'll stay over here though, don't let me ruin your fun," she whispered. She looked really sad as she talked about her scars. She wasn't uncomfortable around Ash. She just hated what people looked at her like.

Ashen
08-29-2011, 04:18 AM
Ash stared at Alice, trying to concentrate on her face. "I have ADHD," Ash pointed. "My eyes dart around."
Ash shook his head, knowing he couldn't lie. "Don't make any more. Please."
He looked up at the sun, searching for the opening to heaven. "I had this friend in high school. He was a great guy, one of the only kids that didn't judge me by what my doctors said. Well one day I noticed a scar on his arm. I pretended like I didn't see it. I kept pretending, even when I saw his whole arm covered in self-inflicted scars."
Ash stared right at Alice. "He died when he ruptured the vessel in his arm. I don't want to see another death. Please stop, Alice."

Etoile Mizu
08-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Alice sighed,"Not all of my scars are self inflicted." She whispered,"But I'll stop to the best of my abilities if it really bothers you." She said weakly.
She didn't know what else to say to him. She knew that he had ADHD or whatever, but then again she felt as if he was hiding things from her, that his ADHD didn't exist or something like that and he was using it as an excuse to ignore certain subjects with her.
"We can head back whenever you're ready." She said quietly.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Already? Ash said to himself. He nodded and started back to the car. When Ash put his hand on the door waiting for Alice to unlock he noticed a red line running down his arm.
Ash inspected it. It didn't look too new but he had no recollection of making it himself.
Maybe Kris made it.
The thought shoved at the back of his mind. Had Kris grabbed the weapon that killed him before he died and sliced Ash?
Ash rubbed at it, hoping it was just a trick of the eye or some kind of liquid. It stayed there, just to annoy him. Ash couldn't take it.
It was a different colour from the rest of his arm, which made him uncomfortable. Knowing his brother left it to haunt him bothered him even more.

Etoile Mizu
08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Alice got in the car as she reached it and unlocked it. She looked somewhat worn out and pale once again. When Ash was in the car though she managed to get them home. She carried there stuff inside and just crashed on the couch coughing. "Damn blood loss." She muttered as she curled up on the couch there and just closed her eyes to lay there.
She didn't know what else there was to do. She wasn't suppose to be doing much though, she knew that much. She had exceeded her limits apparently.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Ash sat down on the couch next to Alice. "Hey," he said. He stared right at her, noticing her pale face. "Are you alright? You don't look too hot." Ash realised his choice of words, then stuttered to correct himself. "I mean, er, you look fine. That is, uh, no. You look-"
He quieted himself and stared at the ground.
Why can I never say what I mean?
"I think you should rest," he said slowly, making sure nothing was wrong with his words. "Do you need me to get you anything?"
He was up in a flash, staring towards the kitchen. "Butter? Eggs? Some bread maybe? You're paying for it though. I am kinda low on cash."

Etoile Mizu
08-30-2011, 12:26 AM
"I know what you meant." She muttered quietly. It was almost as if she was moaning though. "I don't want anything." She said quietly though as he left. Her stomach was killing her. She hadn't eaten in days now that she had thought about it. At least she couldn't remember if she had or not, it was more likely that she hadn't. She opened her eyes that had become a darker blue than usual.
"Oh Second thought why don't you make some soup." She said quietly. "You can have what I don't eat." She said quietly knowing she wasn't going to eat much.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Ash turned into the kitchen. Facing away from Alice, he saluted and said, "Aye aye, ma'am."
He rummaged through the cup boards until he found a red Campbell's label. He opened the can and poured it into a bowl to put in the microwave.
Kris, why is there only two pieces of chicken but thousands of noodles?
Ash watched the bowl of soup quietly. He hadn't realised his hands were shaking until he failed at opening the microwave.
Kris is dead, Ash scolded himself. Stop thinking about him.
Ash brought the bowl of soup over to Alice. "Here you are," he said. "What would you like to drink?"

Etoile Mizu
08-30-2011, 02:27 AM
Alice sighed softly as she sat there waiting with her eyes closed. She wasn't feeling that great at all. "You know, maybe I should have listened to the nurse at the hospital and taken it easy for awhile." She muttered,"Not that I didn't enjoy myself." She said weakly as he gave her the soup. She sat up and started to eat it slowly,"Um. Water is fine." She said quietly.
She thanked him as well, after all he was being so kind to her even though she hadn't done much for him, well at least she didn't know if she was or not.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Ash opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. He presented it to Alice and sat down. He reached for the television remote and turned the TV on. "What do you like to watch?" Ash asked as he flipped through channels. He came across a rereun of Law & Order and kept the channel there for a moment too long.
"It looks like we're dealing with a homicide," Alexandra Eames told one of her colleagues. "Multiple stab wounds. She had no easy death."
Ash started to shake. He turned the TV off in one swift motion. "On second thought why don't we just chat?"

Etoile Mizu
08-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Alice wasn't looking at him or the tv. She was just staring blankly into her soup. "Chatting is fine." She said quietly.
She seemed kind of out of it as she sat there eating slowly. Maybe she was just tired or something, which was true. But there was something hurting her on a deeper level and she wasn't going to give it up easily. She forced a smile though and looked over at him.
"What would you like to talk about?" She asked smiling softly at him.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 03:10 AM
Ash was still shaking when Alice asked him what he wanted to talk about. Yes, talk. That's what Ash needed to distract his mind.
"So Ally, what did you do before I walked into your life?"
Ash smirked, then added, "Not sit around moping and waiting for me I hope."
He loved to flatter himself. Kris would often scold him for it but Ash usually ignored him anyway.
Did I ignore him when he told me to put the knife down too?
Ash let his head fall to his hands. Why didn't I stab myself too?
His eyes drifted to a plant in Alice's living room. The murder weapon lay in hiding only feet away.

Etoile Mizu
08-30-2011, 03:12 AM
Alice sighed softly,"Well, I sat around when I wasn't working playing with the cats. I don't want to go outside, I don't feel like I can trust many people anyway." She said quietly as Mimi jumped up on the couch next to her. Alice scratched her ears a little. "It was just me and the cat's." She said quietly.
"No one else to hurt me or anyone." She said quietly,"It was lonely though." She added. "I almost wanted to just leave this world... But. I'm glad I didn't." She said quietly,"Because than I would have never met El Cookie Master." She said laughing slightly.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 03:28 AM
"Oh," Ash said, not looking away from the plant, "that would have been horrible. Everyone loves El Cookie Master."
His eyes were trained on the plant; for once in his life he couldn't look away. He saw the outline of the knife through the red pot. He even saw the blood dripping on the dirt. The plant sipping the blood-his brother's blood.
Ash grabbed Alice's hand and ran to her bedroom. He pushed her to the bed and closed the door behind him. His eyes were wide in fear. He knew someone would find that knife.
Then his life would be over.
Ash kept playing with the doorknob until it locked. He slunk down to his knees, his eyes staring at nothing, but seeing everything.

Etoile Mizu
08-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Alice was a little confused as he took her hand and ran with her to her bedroom. (Is he inside or outside the room?) She stood up just looking at the door. His sudden rushing to get her out of that room. "Ash?" She asked quietly."Is everything okay?" She asked weakly. She sat back down and put her head on her hands. She must have done something wrong again.

Ashen
08-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Ash stared at Alice. He wanted to climb onto her bed and stay there forever. Ash ran over to Alice's bed and buried his face in it. "I can't sit still," he said hoping that Alice would think of his medical condition and excuse his manners.
Ash pushed himself onto Alice's bed and pushed his knees against his chest. He wondered what Alice was thinking right now. He had pulled her into a bedroom with a bed for two and locked them inside.
Probably that he was going to rape and kill her.
Ash pushed himself off the bed and sat down in a corner of the room, far away from Alice.

Etoile Mizu
08-31-2011, 01:08 AM
Alice was confused, though she did remember that he had medical conditions. She slowly walked towards him holding out a hand gently as he sat down in the corner of the room. She crouched down and gently set a hand on his shoulder looking at him directly in the eyes.
"Tell me what's wrong, now." She said quietly. She wanted to know how to make him okay,"If you won't tell me at least tell me what I can do." She said quietly. She really wanted to help Ash, after all he had helped her through a lot.

Ashen
08-31-2011, 02:01 AM
Ash was stuttering so bad hd couldn't even make out what he was saying. He removed Alice's hand from his shoulder and his body was shaking. "There's a plant," he said, tryin to steady his voice. "It's in your living room. It has a red pot. I want you..." Ash stopped as his body twitched. "I want you to throw it out."
Ash stared at his hands. They were shaking way too hard. Was this because he wasn't taking medications?
Or was it because of guilt?
Ash smashed his head against the wall, hoping to knock some sense into himself.
Concentrate, Ashley.
"Throw it out," he demanded, his voice cracking in the last word. "P-please."

Etoile Mizu
08-31-2011, 02:07 AM
Alice just looked at him confused for a moment before nodding quietly. She walked back towards the door unlocking it and simply went to throw the plant, completely oblivious to the knife and what not hiding in it. She didn't even know anything was there. She didn't care though. She just wanted Ash to get better. She came a few minutes later and sat by him again. "Okay, it's gone." She said quietly. "Anything else you want?" She whispered. She was really worried about him.

Ashen
08-31-2011, 02:12 AM
Ash let out a satisfied sigh when Alice came back into the room and said the plant was gone.
"Thank you," he let out. "I swear I'm usually not like this. I'm just so-" Ash let his hand wrap his head. "Whatever I drank is still in my system. Yeah, I suppose that's it. I'm so sorry Alice." He looked up at her eyes. "I, uh, right."
Ash lifted himself frome the floor. "That was embarrassing."
He leaned back, letting the two walls cradle his head. He stared up at the ceiling silently. He needed to get his act together before Alice caught on to his guilt.
If she did, he was screwed.

Etoile Mizu
08-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Alice just watched him in silence. She sat on the edge of the bed and laid down with a sigh. She was still feeling rather tired. She was still kind of out of it when Ash suddenly pulled her off the couch. It was rather annoying but as he had said, whatever had been in his system screwed him up pretty badly. She couldn't help but feel like he was hiding things though.

Ashen
08-31-2011, 02:34 AM
"Oh," Ash said, walking over to Alice's bed. "I'm sorry I got you up. Take a nap. I'm going to go get some fresh air."
Ash stepped out of the room. He felt his pants which were dry enough. Ash opened Alice's front door and began his walk.

Ash slammed his fist on the keyboard, annoyed at his brother.
"Sir, if you break our computer we'll have to fine you."
Ash looked up at the librarian. "My apologies," he sighed and turned back to his computer screen. Ash stared at his keyboard, trying to guess Kristian's password to his bank account. He had already tried names of several girlfriends and even their first pet but nothing was working.
"You have one more chance remaining," the computer said aloud. Ash didn't need it to lock him out. He searched through his mind.
"You know, she looks a little big. Is she pregnant?"
Kris smirked. "I don't know, she hasn't told me anything."
"Do you think it's yours?"
"Of course. She loves me; she wouldn't cheat."
"So what's his name going to be?"
"I like Cade," Kris replied. "Little Cade."
Ash smiled. He typed in the four letter name.
"Password must be six characters or longer," Ash read. He though for a second, then typed cadeparker. It had been his girlfriend's last name, a name he wanted to take on before he found out the baby wasn't his.
"Welcome Kristian Heffley," the screen read. "Oh finally."
Ash scanned the computer screen and was off to the bank.

"Mr. Heffley? Can I see some ID?"
"I don't have it on me. I actually lost it. But here's my account number and password."
The woman behind the desk raised an eyebrow at Ash, but she let him go anyway.
"What would you like today, Kristian?"
Ash winced; he didn't want to be called that. "I'd like to check my balance."
The woman typed in some numbers and then looked at her screen. "You currently have one million three-hundred sixty thousand nine-hundred and fourteen dollars deposited with us."
Ash needed to try really hard to keep his expression straight. His brother was a millionaire. "I'd like to withdraw four-hundred dollars. Twenties please."
"Yes sir," the woman said and counted out the bills.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Alice nodded weakly and crawled under the covers of her bed, she was so exhausted and felt as if she needed to sleep immediately. She didn't even really pay attention to the fact that he had left and just laid there in silence for awhile breathing shallow. Mimi and Sebastian joined her on the bed curling up with her and soon enough Alice was dead asleep.
She didn't dream at first but than her memories started to turn her dreams into the usual nightmares causing her to whimper occasionally. But no one was around to quiet her so she didn't care.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Ash walked to the store with a giant wad of bills in his pocket. He bought a wallet and a backpack and walked back to Alice's house.
He let himself in and placed his bag on the couch. He stuffed the bills into his new black leather wallet and stuffed it into the otherwise empty backpack.
Ash held up his backpack. It was meant to be a schoolbag with all of its compartments but Ash didn't care. It was a combination of red and grey and had a picture of the company's logo on the front. If he ever had to leave Alice unexpectedly this would be perfect.
He walked into Alice's room since the door was open and found her on the bed, dreaming. He figured she needed the sleep ands turned to a drawer.
He gently lifted the drawer before pulling it out so it wouldn't make a noise. All Ash had wanted was a T-shirt he could borrow.
Ash moved a pair of tights out of the way. "This must be the pants drawer," he said to himself.
He closed the drawer just as quietly as he had opened it. Switching to the next drawer, he pulled out a pair of socks. "This isn't it either."
When Ash came across Alice's lingerie and he couldn't help but blush. What was he doing snooping around a woman's drawers? He knew better.
Ash slammed the drawer shut and then remembered Alice was asleep in the same room. With his face still red Ash turned to Alice's closet and pulled out a white T-shirt.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Alice was still asleep when Ash was going through her stuff looking for a shirt. She muttered weakly though. It almost sounded like his name but it wasn't. It was simply nonsense from her dreams.
Mimi perked up though and stretched as she jumped off the bed rubbing herself up against Ash's leg and purred softly. Sebastian stayed put with Alice though not wanting to leave his master's side.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Ash looked up as Alice murmured his name. He stared at herbefore realising she had called him in his dream. He pulled the T-shirt over his head. It was tight around his waist but it would have to do until he went to buy himself some new clothes.
Ash wandered into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards. He moved around a few cans and boxes until he found a box of cereal. He pulled it down and poured it into a bowl. Ash grabbed the milk from the fridge and poured it over his Lucky Charms.
He then walked to the couch and started to flick through channels. It seemed like everything they were giving was about homicide. Annoyed, Ash turned to the cartoon station.
"Nothing wrong with eating Lucky Charms and watching The Flinstones," Ash said with a satisfied sigh as he reclined.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Alice stayed asleep for awhile but eventually sat up in the bed with Sebastian. He meowed happily and Alice pet him softly before she crawled out of the bed and sat on the couch with Ash. Mimi was already sitting on his feet and Sebastian jumped up and sat by Alice.
"Hey." She said quietly. She yawned slightly but smiled at Sebastian and Mimi,"Mimi seems to really like you." She said quietly.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Ash was just about to quote Fred Flinstone when he heard the bed creak. He turned to see Alice. "You should really take some medication for your dreams," he said. "You mutter more in your sleep than anything."
Ash turned to the cat. "Of course she does," he said with a smirk. "Everyone does."
He stared down at his bowl of cereal in his hands. "Your milk is a bit spoiled. I'd say the expiration date was yesterday so it's still alright for today. And oh, I needed to borrow a shirt."
Ash rose and faced Alice. "I can take you out on the town today. You also need some dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets." Ash laughed, then said, "You are never too old to eat a triceratops."

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Alice nodded quietly listening to him. "I needed to go shopping anyway, so we should go." She said quietly,"We can get your chicken nuggets." She said laughing slightly,"When do you want to go?" She asked quietly.
She stood up and stretched a little, she was going to go take a shower and clean herself up,"Go ahead and watch some more tv, I'll be down in a little while." She said smiling softly and walking back to the bathroom to take a shower.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 02:17 AM
"Righto," Ash said when Alice was out of earshot. He reached for his bag and unzipped the main compartment. Ash pulled out two twenties. "Good enough," he assumed.
He shoved the two bills into his pocket and walked into the guest bedroom. Ash looked at the man in his mirror. He looked so different from when he would stay at Kris's house.
There were bags under his eyes, almost invisible. His hair was a giant tangled mess. His eyes were dim, they were the way they always were when he was drunk.
Ash sighed and walked back to the kitchen. He deposited the bowl in the sink and let his hands shake at his sides.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Alice sighed softly as the hot water ran over her skin. She didn't know what else to do with her life, she had Ash now but she had a feeling he was going to run at some point.
She didn't know what she was going to do.
She got out of the shower and walked out of the bathroom wearing only a towel and went into her bedroom to change into new clothes and what not.
She finished changing and went back into the bathroom to do hair and makeup.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Ash heard the water stop. He got ready to leave when he stared out the window and saw red and blue flashing lights. He startled and ran across the hallway. His heart was beating hard and fast.
They've come to take me away.
Ash calmed himself and realised the lights were from a little boy's transformer toy. "Oh my God," he sighed, grabbing his chest.
Ash walked into Alice's room. "Are you going to drive?" Ash asked.
Obviously she was; otherwise they'd be lugging all their groceries home for blocks.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 02:43 AM
Alice just looked at him as he ran into her room. She had just finished getting ready. "Um. Yeah I'm going to drive," She looked at him a little confused,"You okay?" She asked quietly.
He wasn't looking so good, something was bothering him and she knew it but he wasn't going to share most likely.
"Ready to go?" He asked quietly still looking at him as she slipped some shoes on and grabbed her purse.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Ash sighed. "I'm fine, honest. I'm telling you, I'm only jumpy because I didn't take my meds." Ash paused, wondering if he'd be able to keep a straight face through the lie. He turned towards the door so Alice wouldn't see his giant smile.
"I'm ready if you are," he replied. Ash darted out of Alice's house and stood by the car. The transformers toy across the street was bothering him; he wanted to snatch it out of the kid's hand and destroy it.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Alice sighed softly and followed him out to the car unlocking the doors. "Get in." She muttered as she got in the driver's side herself. She was still worried about him. But she would have to ignore it apparently. She sighed a little.
When he finally got in the car she smiled a little,"Bout time." She muttered pulling out of the driveway and headed towards the walmart.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Ash drummed his fingers on the dashboard. "Are you okay, Ally?" He didn't look at her but instead looked everywhere but. "You look a little down. I know you're still regaining your blood but you look... Worried."
Ash looked at the road ahead. "Maybe we shouldn't go to-"
Ash stopped. He had been permanently kicked out of Walmart but now he was in a different city. He was free.

Etoile Mizu
09-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Alice frowned as he asked if she was okay. "I'm alright." she said quietly, she couldn't just tell him she was worried, he would think it was creepy more than likely. "Seriously though, don't worry about me." she said as she parked the car and got out. She really hated the place but they had everything.

Ashen
09-01-2011, 04:03 AM
Ash kicked out of the seat and walked up to the automatic doors. He grabbed a kart and steered it into the store.
He made a direct left to go to the food aisles. Once there he scanned the aisles for his chicken nuggets. He spotted the Kid Cuisine box and threw it in the cart. "I wasn't kidding," he said to Alice. "I love my chicken-flavoured dinosaurs."
With a laugh he started to walk down the aisle.

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Alice smiled softly as she followed him around the store. She smiled and even laughed a little as he grabbed his chicken dinosaurs. "I never thought it was a joke." She said smiling softly as she walked around with him picking out items that she would need for herself and other things as well.
She was happy enough she guessed, she was just happy she wasn't alone anymore.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Ash looked into the cart and inspected everything inside. They had all they needed, at least that's what it looked like.
Ash turned up to Alice. "So is that everything? I'll pay for my stuff, you pay for yours. I don't have enough on me to cover it all." He smiled and headed towards the cash registers.

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Alice sighed softly and nodded,"I guess this is it." She said quietly. "I can pay for everything though, you can save your money, I have plenty of saved up." She said with a soft smile as she followed him. "I mean it though." She said quietly as they neared the registers. She hadn't told anyone but she was very wealthy.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Ash tried hard to hide his smirk. Me too.
He placed a hand on Alice's shoulder. "I'd be going against every human handbook if I let you pay. I wouldn't be a guy if I did that. I can handle my own stuff, but thank you."
He set all of Alice's stuff on the conveyer belt before his, with a seperator in between. He stared at all of the items he had gotten and tried calculating how much it would be. Ash counted on his fingers until he gave up.
Who am I kidding? I can't do math.

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Alice sighed softly as they went through and paid for her own things. Ash had gone before her so she met him out by the car. She sighed softly as she started to put the things in the back of her car.
"So... what do you want to do when we get home?" She asked weakly.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Ash smiled when Alice greeted him and got in the car. "I don't know." He stared up a the grey clouds hanging low in the sky. "Something tells me we're going to be kept inside. Do you have any board games? Hell, I'll play Duck Duck Goose if it's with you." Ash smiled. "But really, I'm pretty good at video games. Oh, or doe's the estrogen prevent you from getting any?" Ash sat up straighter. He turned to face her. "Ever play...MarioKart?"

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Alice smiled softly,"Board games are rather drab don't you think?" She asked with a small smirk. "And MarioKart is alright, but that's a little on the childish side... but I wouldn't mind playing it. I have more video games than you would probably expect. You like Black Ops?" She asked with another smirk as she watched the road.
She was quite the video game junkie, she liked shooting people, in games of course, she wasn't some psycho murderer.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Damn it, Kristian! You're supposed to be preventing people from murdering. Why are you so good at killing me?
Ash's face twisted in a grimace. There was no way he could play Black Ops now.
Who knew he'd ever beat his brother?
"I uh, MarioKart is kind of my specialty," Ash said. "Childish sure but... I just bought some dinosaur shaped chicken from Walmart." He let out a nervous laugh. "I call Bowser."

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 02:45 AM
Alice nodded quietly,"Alright, Mariokart is fine, but I have dibs on Princess Peach, or Rosalina, depends on what version of the game you want to play." She said smiling a little, she didn't notice the grimace on his face. She would have been worried even more about him if she had though.
She just drove home and started to take things inside with her and came back for a few trips until she had everything inside and was putting things away in the fridge and freezer.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Ash helped Alice carry the bags inside. He smiled and said, "The Wii is fine. Personally I always hated Princess Peach. I mean, why can't the hoe learn from the first experience? But no, she gets taken by the same big bad dragon in all these games and all these worlds. That's why Bowser's a boss. Outsmarts that fool every time."
Ash smiled. "I prefer using the Wii Wheel. Gives you a full effect of the game."

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Alice nodded quietly as she finished up,"Wii sounds good to me too, I don't like princess peach much either, but she's better than Daisy who is only good for annoying the hell out of everyone that plays her as well as everyone else." She said with a soft laugh. "Besides, if it wasn't for Bowser and his obsession for Peach there would be no more Mario would there." She said quietly.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 03:21 AM
"Oh god, Daisy," Ash said, exaggerating a sigh. "Have you everplayed Mario Party DS? I used to play with my brother and oh jeez I hated that freak. 'I'm a superstar!'" Ash laughed at his princess imitation. "Toad can be pretty annoying too. Ever see the cartoon that came out in the ninties? Or was that eighties... Well anyway, he was always the worry wart."
Ash smiled. They might have been talking about Mario but they were talking.

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Alice smiled softly and laughed,"I've played my fair share of Mario and seen the show to know what you're talking about." she said happily,"So I'll go set it up, you can go ahead and grab something to eat if you'd like." She said smiling a little as she walked off to go set up the game for them. She was glad that he seemed to be talking more, even if it was about the nerdiest game in the world.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Ash walked into the kitchen. He got the chicken nuggets from where Alice had put them and popped them into the toaster. When they gave a ding he took them out and joined Alice. He sat down on the floor. "Tyrannosaurus Rex?" Ash asked, offering her a nugget.

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Alice smiled softly,"Sure." She said quietly taking it from him and slowly nibbling on the thing. They were pretty good, she had to admit that. The people who created those nuggets were pretty genius. "Ready?" She asked as she handed him a controller with a smirk on her face. She was all ready to go, she was a mario kart champ after all.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 04:05 AM
"Of course I am," Ash said as he placed his plate down and grabbed the remote. He pointed his remote at the screen and clicked the A button when the cursor scrolled over his favourite player. "You know, each player should have their own power. Like Bowser could use his fire breath to throw people off. And Donkey Kong can throw his barrels."
The countdown began and Ash used the hidden boost technique his brother had taught him.

Etoile Mizu
09-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Alice smiled softly,"They should have their own powers. It would definitely make things more interesting." She picked out Rosalina since she was unlocked and set everything else up and soon enough she selected a course from random of course so it would be fair. She smiled softly as he used the boost, she of course knew how to use it but she also had a bunch of other tricks up her sleeve.

Ashen
09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
"I always hated that Rainbow Road place," Ash smiled as he made a sharp turn on Wario's Gold Mine. "I always pick the heavy weights because they go the fastest. They're also the worst at turning. I always end up off the board."
He used another boost and cut through a short cut. "Look who's in the lead. The Koopa King." He smiled radiantly as his character got a green shell. "Beware, Rosalina."

Etoile Mizu
09-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Alice stayed quietly as she went through the course, using all the jump speed bonuses she could, but he still remained in first. She was close behind of course. Not stupid enough to get hit by a green shell though. Those things were about as good as useless. She sighed a little as he won. "Well, looks like I'm not the champ after all." She said quietly with a small smile.

Ashen
09-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Ash laughed when he crossed the finish line.
"You were great," he said. "No one can ever stay that close to me except my brother. I'd practice against him all the time. Until he started taking his job seriously anyway."
He flexed his fingers. "Oh, and by the way, nice try with that red shell barricade. But I cut through." He smirked as the screen showed their next course.

Etoile Mizu
09-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Alice sighed softly,"It was worth a shot." She muttered as she focused on the race, she was good in this course and never lost no matter who she was with. She didn't know what to say though so she just drove.

Ashen
09-04-2011, 03:22 AM
"Damn," Ash said once he realised where they racers were. "I hate this place. I always get totally killed here."
Ash analyzed his words and winced. "After this race I saw we do something else. I'm getting a little restless. Let's play cards or something."
Since Ash was talking to Alice and not paying attention his character fell of the board. "First place to seventh. How nice."

Etoile Mizu
09-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Alice nodded quietly as she won,"Yeah, let's play some cards." She said quietly as she stood up to shut the wii down. She was getting a little pale and tired. But she sat there and went to get some cards and brought them back and sat down across from him at the coffee table. "You shuffle first."

Ashen
09-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Ash took the deck from Alice's hands and shuffled with finesse. He made the cards nearly fly in an arch before letting them fall into a pile.
"Okay, what game are we playing?" Ash looked up, then stopped shuffling. "Are you okay? You can go to sleep if you like."
Ash lay the cards on the table. "Yeah, let's get some sleep."

Etoile Mizu
09-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Alice nodded quietly and stood up using the wall for support and managed to get to her room and just crawled under the covers and pretty much died as she fell asleep. She was feeling so exhausted.

Ashen
09-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Ash stared at Alice as she collapsed on her bed. A frown twister on his face as he turned away.
Now he'd have to find something else to do.
Ash grabbed his backpack and started to walk down the street. He didn't know where he was going so he just let his legs take him away.
Ash walked on the playground and watched all of the kids running about. He had wanted kids once. But then Kris got a case about a child molester and it had changed Ash's mind. He still would like a son or daughter to call his own though.
"Excuse me sir, can you help me?"
Ash looked over to find a little girl staring at him. He rose and walked over to her. "What's up?"
"My bike is stuck," the girl said, pointing her caramel coloured hand towards a purple and pink bike. "It's too heavy and I can't lift it."
Ash walked over to the bike and effortlessly lifted it out of the hole. "There you are."
"Thank you!" the girl called as she hopped onto the bike and pedaled away.
Ash smiled at her as she zigzagged through the paths. "If only all my problems were that easy."

Etoile Mizu
09-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Alice had fallen asleep fairly quickly and slept for at least half an hour before she woke up with a jolt. She sat up in the bed rubbing her head and sighed. She couldn't stand nightmares, but she had them so often and it just kind of messed her up. She got out of the bed, surprisingly though she had only slept for forty five minutes or so she looked a lot better.
She looked around and saw that Ash wasn't there... She got kind of worried but she tried to ignore it... He would come back... right?

Ashen
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Ash was watching as it got dark, the street lights wround him beginning to glow. He started to walk back to Alice's house but thought he shouldn't come empty handed.
Never step into a girl's house empty handed, Kris had told him. Bring flowers. Or chocolate.
Ash walked into a store and went towards the flowers. He had no idea which flowers Alice might like so he took his chances with white flowers that curled up, roses the label read. He slapped a twenty on the counter to pay. Once he got his change he started to Alice's house again. Ash opened the door and walked into the house. "Are you awake?" he called, lying his bag on the ground.

Etoile Mizu
09-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Alice almost had started to panic officially. When he came back she nearly slammed into him hugging him. She didn't ruin any of the flowers though. "I thought you weren't coming back." She whispered.
She pulled away and rubbed her eyes. "Wait... are those for me?" She asked quietly about the flowers. She was a little confused but happy at the same time.

Ashen
09-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Ash was taken off guard as Alice pushed herself against him. "Why would I leave and not come back?" he asked.
Hugs usually disturbed him-all of those germs jumping from one person to the other-but he felt right with Alice. They fit together.
Ash pushed away and smiled down at her. "Yes, these are for you. I know roses are what the ladies like so I picked them out. Well, I read the tag. I couldn't tell a rose from a lily."
Ash smirked. "So you're looking better."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Alice smiled a little as he said they were for her and smiled softly,"Thanks, that was sweet of you to get me these, and as of now I'm feeling a lot better." She said with a soft smile. She walked back towards him and quickly kissed his cheek with a smirk.
She smiled a little and took the flowers into the kitchen to get them a vase.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Ash's face coloured a little when Alice's lips brushed his cheek. He always did blush when a girl kissed him; it was a habit.
"That's good to hear," he said. "So now you'll be up all night, huh? Considering you already got some sleep." Ash smiled to show he meant no harm. "What ever will you do?"

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Alice smiled a little,"Oh, I don't know. I suppose I will be up all night though." She sighed softly. "I don't know, maybe we could go do something tonight or something like that, but it's up to you.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Ash shrugged at Alice. He was already getting tired but he wouldn't let it show. "Would you like to go clubbing?" he asked.
Ash hater clubs and dances. They're were too many things that bugged him there. But he'd do it for Alice.
He'd jump off a bridge for her.
He'd stick a knife through his heart just to know her smile was the last thing he'd ever see.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Alice sighed,"I hate clubbing, no offense if you like it." She said quietly, She just wasn't the type to run around with people.
She really wondered if he wanted to go because if he did she would go she guessed. She would do a lot of things to make him happy.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Ash let out a sigh of relief. "Good, cause I hate it too. Perhaps you'd like to go for a walk? I'd like to get to know the area more."
Ash did want to know the area. That'd make it easier to leave when he was found.
He stared back at Alice. Ash didn't want to leave her. Then who would protect her?

Ashen
09-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Ash let out a sigh of relief. "Good, cause I hate it too. Perhaps you'd like to go for a walk? I'd like to get to know the area more."
Ash did want to know the area. That'd make it easier to leave when he was found.
He stared back at Alice. Ash didn't want to leave her. Then who would protect her?

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Alice nodded and smiled a little,"I'd love to go for a walk. " She said quietly,"I'm sure you would want to know the area better." She smiled a little.
She didn't know what was on his mind. She just knew that she didn't want to be alone again, and if she did end up on her own, she would be dead for sure.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 02:55 AM
"Alright," Ash said as he picked up his bag and got his wallet. He pulled out sixty dollars-who knows what they'd do or what Alice would want-and stuffed his newly stocked wallet into his pocket. "You can lead. Show me around town. What are the bordering cities?"
Ash stared at her, hoping he wasn't making her too curious.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 03:04 AM
Alice smiled softly,"Yeah, there's at least one, but I don't remember the name..." She said quietly. "Seattle isn't far off."
She sighed softly and grabbed her purse and headed outside with him after she put a beanie on her head. She smiled back at him for a while as they walked.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Seattle isn't far off.
Seattle was where Ash's house was. Seattle was where Kristian's dead body lay.
The thought sent a chill down Ash's spine and he visibly shook. "How far is Seattle?" he asked as he lagged behind Alice. His voice was nervous and uneven. "A few miles? A few hundred?"
Ash was shivering now. He hoped Alice wouldn't notice but she'd have to be blind not to notice.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Alice noticed his shaking and stopped,"Whoa. Calm down, it's like a few hours out. But it's the closet to us." She said concerned. She gently rubbed his arm. "Hey if you need to go back we can." She whispered.
She was really worried, she didn't want him to get sick or anything like that.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 03:33 AM
A few hours.
Ash could count the hours since he last saw his brother; since Kris took his last breath. "I'm fine I swear," he said although they both knew that was a lie.
"Ally," he said but his speech was so impaired by fear and guilt it came out like "ah ee."
He ran his fingers through his hair. Ash hummed to himself. "I have to tell you..."
He turned so that his shoulder was facing Alice. "I have to tell you something."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 03:35 AM
Alice frowned listening to him. "Go for it... I'm here for you." She whispered. She knew he wasn't okay and she would do anything to help him. "Please, let me help you." she whispered taking his hand. "I don't want you to go away...ever I don't care what you may have done in the past, I just want you to stay with me..." She whispered.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Ash stared ahead. He reviewed his options.
Sure, he could tell Alice. She didn't even know his name; she couldn't prove anything either.
But Ash knew from his brother that all you needed was a suspicion to get someone locked up.
His green eyes were shining under a coat of tears he wouldn't let fall.
"Alice," he said as his voice cracked. He took a deep breath. "I am a murderer."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Alice sighed softly as she waited for him to say anything, if anything at all.
Finally he said something and she grew fairly pale... "...You... you what?" She asked weakly. She was terrified, he could have killed her all along.
"You... you wanted to get to know me just so you could kill me? Or... did you do it without really knowing, like you were on that drink..."

Ashen
09-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Ash's legs became jelly, unable to support his body weight. He looked around for something to support him but he didn't find anything so he just slid to the ground, slamming on top of his leg.
"I don't want to kill you Alice," he said as tears fell down his face. He buried his face into his folded up body.
He was a 22 year old man and he was crying like a baby. He hated himself for everything he did; anything he will do.
He was going to explain Kris's death to Alice but it was pointless. She wouldn't believe him.
"I can't kill you. Because I love you."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Alice didn't know what to think as she listen to him. Tears started to form in her eyes as well as she sunk down... She knew he was dangerous, but at 19 with no other choice to live or anything, what was the point.
She pulled him close,"I don't know what to say... or do for that matter. But... I think I love you too." She whispered quietly into his ear before pulling away and rubbing her tears off of her face.
What was she suppose to do? If Ash was telling the truth... she could be in serious danger... but if he was drunk when he did what he did... if she could just keep him clean maybe they would be safe.
She really didn't know what to do.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Ash stared up as Alice said she loved him too. His tear stained face brightened a bit, but not much.
"I don't know what to do either," he murmured. "I know enough about the law to be able to keep myself hidden-thanks to Kris, my brother-but I can't run away now; you're here.
I can't change my name just yet; that'd raise suspicion. I can't-"
Ash broke off, unable to conitnue. "One thing I was fighting with Kristian and I was so drunk I couldn't see straight and the next thing I know there are slits in Kris's throat and a bloody knife in my hand. I don't know what came over me, I really don't. I was just so drunk and now a great guy is dead and-"
Ash folded himself back together, becoming a small ball that wouldn't move.
Kristian. He had told her his name, a malignant mistake. There weren't many Kristians in the world, but then again he never did say his name started with a K.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Alice just looked at him as he babbled things. She took his hand and pulled him up off the ground. "Hey let's go home." She whispered,"You can rest there for awhile. You don't have to tell me things if you don't want to, I understand completely." She whispered hoping that he would go with her, like he said he couldn't run away with her there and she didn't' want him to even think about leaving her, she wasn't going to tell on him, she was going to stick with him till the end.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 06:32 PM
You don't understand at all, Ash said to himself. Too many things were running through his mind at the moment. He pulled himself up but he twisted his ankle when he fell; he couldn't walk. "You don't think any less of me, do you?" he asked but he already knew the answer.
There's a giant difference from a shady man barging into your life and a murderer barging in. "I'm still the same guy," he whispered for his own comfort. "The same guy who just ate dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets while playing MarioKart."
He tried to offer a smile but his mouth wouldn't twist up. He just stood, hopelessly still.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Alice sighed softly,"I don't think a little less of you... but... I'm still going to stay with you, because... I... I really do love you. You just need to realize that and we can get through this okay?" She asked quietly. "I trust you." She whispered as she wrapped her arms around him again hugging him.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I trust you.
Ash winced at the words as he attempted to walk back to Alice's house.
That's what Kris said.
He couldn't walk at all, it was hopeless. Instead, Ash pulled Aluce closer. He held her face in his hand, making her stare into his eyes. Then he leaned down and pushed his lips to hers, not removing her face from his grasp.
He could stay this way forever, but he knew forever would never be long enough.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Alice was a little shocked as he pulled her close to him and kissed her but she didn't pull away. She closed her eyes relaxing slightly and kissed him back. She almost wanted this moment to last forever, but she knew it wouldn't be possibly. She moved her arms so that they were loosely wrapped around his neck as they kissed.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Ash relaxed as he felt Alice kiss him back. At least someone wants me.
He pulled away and stared at her, scanned her face for any sign of discomfort. "Well," he said awkwardly. "We'd better...get home."
He turned but the motion caused pain to his ankle. "I can't walk. I can't place weight on my right foot."
He limped, but it didn't work very well and he had to struggle to keep balance.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Alice frowned as he limped. She attempted to help him get back, luckily it wasn't that far and soon enough she helped him to the couch in her apartment. She just sat next to him leaning on him slightly, she was feeling rather tired again for whatever reason, it bothered her though. That's all she knew. "You okay?" She asked weakly.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Ash fell onto the couch, suddenly exhausted and naseous. Alice asked him if he was okay, how was he supposed to answer?
"I'm..." he started but the four letters wouldn't make it out of his mouth. Instead he just nodded and let his head fall onto the cushions.
He didn't want to go to sleep for a fear that the cops would be here when he opened his eyes. He tried to keep them open but he couldn't.
Ash was snoring within seconds. He was scared when awake but he was even more terrified when he was asleep. When he was asleep, Kris could haunt him.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Alice had fallen asleep fairly quickly as well her head near his lap as she laid there curled up into a ball.
She was sleep fairly well but still, there were nightmares, not as scary as usual though. It didn't make much sense to her for whatever reason, normally her nightmares were unbearable but apparently they weren't going to be today as she sat there curled up with Ash.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Ash jerked awake from another image of Kristian. He stared around but there were no cops. There was no one except Alice.
He got up, letting Alice's head fall gently to the couch. When he stared at a clock it read 3:23.
"Why am I up at three in the morning?" he asked himself. He was still exhausted so he went to Alice's kitchen and looked for a medicine cabinent. When he couldn't find one he went to the bathroom.
He still couldn't find it so he just sat on the toilet seat and stared up at the mirror.
Ash's hair was a mess and his beard was growing out. His eyes were a dim green. He looked horrible, exactly how he felt.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Alice didn't wake up right away as her head fell but after half an hour or so she woke up. It was just about four in the morning... She groaned a little as she opened her eyes kicking her feet up and ran a hand through her hair. She didn't want to be up so early but whatever. She wondered where Ash had went though so she slowly sat up and stretched herself out a little. She looked terrible as well. Her eyes dimmed out slightly and her hair just a mess. She walked into the bathroom and just stood there in the doorway with a worried look. "Ash?" She asked quietly as she stood there.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Ash stared up at Alice. "You're up early," he murmured as he lifted himself. Ash stole one more glance at the mirror and sighed. "You wouldn't happen to have a spare shaver? I mean, it's not like you'd need one... I'll go get one."
Ash walked into his room and picked up one of the shirts he had bought yesterday. He paired it with jeans and sneakers and walked out the door.
Ash walked himself to Walmart and bought a shaver with his brother's money. He placed the shaver in his bag and walked back home. He opened the door. "Thank God for twenty-four/seven Walmarts." He smiled and walked to his own bathroom.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Alice had barely spoken before he was out the door. She sighed a little and just went to take a shower, he was back by the time she got out but she didn't say anything to him, instead she just went to go sit in the windowsill seat in her room. She was bored slightly and felt somewhat depressed now that she thought about it.
She could feel something in her heart, it was as if something had broken. But still felt warm at the same time. She was still a little confused with how she felt about Ash though, she loved him yeah, but there was still that small fear.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 09:00 PM
When Ash had finished with his own shower and had finally shaved his beard away he looked at himself in the mirror.
He looked normal now; not at all like someone who would even shoplift. He looked like a businessman almost.
He looked like Kristian.
Ash put on his clothes and walked to Alice's room. "You in there?" he called.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Alice didn't look away from the window, it had started to rain. "Yeah. I'm here." She said quietly. She didn't know why he was asking that when it was obvious she was no where else.
She seemed a little distant as she looked out the window. She had had some people living with her at one point though, they left thinking she was weird. She stayed at the window, a lot actually.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Ash opened the door and stepped in. He saw that Alice was faraway and sighed. He walked up to her and placed his palm on her shoulder. "What are you thinking about?" he asked but Ash already knew.
Why wouldn't she be thinking about him, especially now? He started to worry, thinking about Alice's thoughts and if they were strong enough to turn him in.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Alice sighed softly,"My dad actually." She said quietly. She wasn't thinking about Ash really. She was trying to move away from that subject, she didn't want to turn him in or anything like that because she didn't want to be alone again, if she was alone again... he already knew what would happen to her.
She wondered where Mimi and Sebastian were but didn't let it trouble her even more. She just sighed and closed her eyes, "You know, I'm not going to turn you in so you should calm down." She said quietly.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
"I am calm," Ash lied. He stared down at her.
He wasn't the only one with problems.
"What are you thinking of him for? He won't come around here, Ally. Remember, I'll protect you any way I can."
Including murdering?
Ash thought about it. If Alice's dad came around would he be able to kill him?
Would Alice want that?

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Alice sighed a little and looked up at Ash. "No particular reason. I just remembered something that's all." She said weakly.
He seemed mad at her. She was somewhat scared about it, she always feared anger, it didn't matter who it was from.
She sighed a little and stood up and hugged him.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 09:52 PM
"Oh," Ash replied as Alice hugged him. "Memories are the worst, aren't they?"
He hugged her back and rocker her slightly. "What are we gonna do?" he whispered into her ear.
Even he wasn't sure what he was talking about. He might have been talking about the day's agenda or his little secret or even Alice's dad.

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 10:09 PM
"Yeah,"she said weakly as she hugged him gently. She knew that memories were rather terrible for a fact. She just sat there in his arms not wanting to let him go but she knew she would have to. She sighed softly,"I don't know." She said weakly, answering his question.
She had no idea what else to say, she didn't feel like saying anything about what he had told her or her dad.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Ash sighed softly. "But we need to do something," he pointed, pushing her to arms' length. "Ally, I love you so much. But I don't think I can do this. I don't think I can put you through this. This is my problem, not yours. Ally, I don't think..."
Ash's eyes were shining behind a coat of tears which he hid well. His face was straight and he was struggling to keep it that way. "I think I'll have to..."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Alice just looked at him. She knew what he was going to say and she didn't want him to say it but... she wasn't going to try and stop him. She would be miserable without him. "... Say it." She said weakly.
"Just say it." She said quietly starting to cry. She really did love him, she knew that now because it hurt her so badly to know what he was going to say before he said it.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 10:28 PM
"Alice," he said, cradling her. "My brother was a lawyer. He was wealthy; he had over one million dollars before he died. Ally I can buy us a house far, far away."
He didn't want to stare at her, see her face. Ash continued, "We can move to Hawaii, Venice, hell, Arfica if that's where you want to go. I don't want to leave you behind."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Alice nodded weakly. "I wouldn't want to go to hell." She muttered,"But those other places are okay... Let's just run away, you and me though... You can't leave me." She whispered looking up at him. "I don't want to be alone, and I think you'll know what will happen if I ever am alone again." She whispered.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 11:21 PM
"No," Ash whispered. "Don't even say. Don't even think it. I can book the flight tonight if you want to. Do you want me to?"
He stared at her, his eyes shining bright. "Anything you want to do I'll do with you," Ash promised. "Anything you want."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Alice looked at him and smiled a little,"Let's go to Canada first until we figure out things from there." she said quietly. "It would be safest and we'll fit in fairly well." She said quietly.
"You don't have to do as I wish though. It can be about you as well." she said quietly.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 11:30 PM
"Canada, eh?" Ash joked. "A'right, maybe we can get ourselves an igloo while we're there."
He smiled but inside he was still feeling bad. Canada wasn't all that far from Washington.
"No," he said. "This whole thing is about me. Something needs to he about you, Ally."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Alice laughed a little,"They don't live in igloos you dummy." She said smiling a little. "But then again, that's a little close." She said quietly with the smile disappearing.
"Where do you want to go? And if we do something like that how are you going to get a passport if you don't have one?" She asked quietly.
"London would be better." She said quietly. "After all, I have quite the accent." She said quietly.

Ashen
09-05-2011, 11:49 PM
"I know that," Ash pointed. He smiled a little when Alice asked how they would get there even though he knew she was right.
"Well if you drive me back to Seattle I can get Kristian's passport. He had a case where he flew out to Alabama. I'll just need to find it. And I looked enough like my brother to fool someone. My eyes are just a different shade... And so is our hair..."
Ash shrugged. "I'll give you the address. We'll see what we can do."

Etoile Mizu
09-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Alice nodded quietly,"I suppose we can dye your hair." She said quietly,"But I'm worried about this... If they've found Kristian's body... then they'll know he's dead and track us down quickly. We should have your name changed, That would be the best, and I just happen to have a friend who works in that department who could clear your past identity. We can get you a passport soon and then get the hell out of here without a trace.

Ashen
09-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Ash thought about it carefully. "They have no proof that I did it," he said quietly. "The weapon, it's in that plant I made you get rid of-where did you put it?"
His face dropped. "We need to destroy that weapon. And burn the dirt; it has Kris's blood on it."
Ash had hated his name all life because everyone always made fun of him for it. But now, given the chance, he didn't want to change it. He was Ashley Heffley, and he wanted to stay that way.

Etoile Mizu
09-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Alice thought for a second and ran out back and brought the plant back in, it had been untouched. "Here." She said quietly. She set it down and just looked at it. Back then, when he told her to get rid of it she had no idea what it contained. "So if we get rid of this... We're safe?" She asked quietly.

Ashen
09-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Ash took in a giant breath and dug his hand into the dirt. His hand emerged with the murder weapon, still stained in red. "I...I-" he stuttered but the knife was scaring him.
"This small six inch weapon killed my brother," he explained. "And I held it as it did."
He thought about what alice was saying. If he got rid of the weapon they had no proof. They had no way of knowing he had commited the crime.
Still, Ash had this gut feeling they would find out.

Etoile Mizu
09-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Alice frowned looking at the thing. "What are we going to do with it?" She asked quietly. It's kind of hard to burn metal... she thought to herself. She sighed softly though. She wanted to runaway with him as soon as possible. She didn't want to wait anymore here, she didn't' want anyone to take him away from her.

Ashen
09-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Ash stared at the weapon. He gulped and stuffed it in his bag. "We don't let it out of our sight," he answered although he didn't know if he could do that.
"Oh Alice," he sighed. "Ally Ally Ally."
He shook his head sadly. "I'm so sorry I did this to you," he sighed. "If I could redo it all I would. I loved Kristian. He was the best friend I ever had."
His shoulders started to shake again so he walked to the bed and sat down.

Etoile Mizu
09-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Alice sighed softly and sat down besides him on the bed taking his hand in her own and intertwining their fingers together. "Ash." She said quietly as she pulled herself onto his lap and looked him in the eyes. "Don't worry about it, we're going to make it through this."
She forced a small smile and kissed his nose softly. "Things will be okay, don't apologize."

Ashen
09-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Alice's words comforted Ash, if not put him at total ease. He pulled her into an embrace. "Do we have to?" he asked. "Can't we stay like this foerever?"
Ash wasn't talking about his secret anymore, that was clear. He pushed Alice underneath of him and placed his chin on her shoulder. He took one finger and wrapped her hair around it. It curled and bounced back. "Tell me when to stop."

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Alice smiled softly as he embraced her and pushed her underneath him. She just closed her eyes, she didn't want to tell him to stop because she too wished that they could just be free from everyone else. She would give anything to have them end up staying together forever. She didn't know if she could survive with any other life outcome.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Ash pushed himself against Alice. He loved the feel of her body, the curves where his body fit perfectly. He loved her smell; was that coconuts? He loved everything about her.
He loved her.
Ash pushed away, his eyes showing he was just as confused by the action as Alice. "You didn't tell me to stop," Ash said.
He sounded like he didn't want it, but he wanted nothing more.
So why could he not gaze into Alice's eyes without feeling horribly guilty that he put her life in danger?

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Alice frowned quietly as she opened her eyes. "... No, I didn't tell you to stop." She said quietly looking at him. "...I... Don't understand how you can make me feel like I belong, when nothing has ever made me feel that way in my life." She whispered looking at him. She looked like she was near crying, but it wasn't from fear or sadness, and that was easy to see also. It was because she was so truly happy.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Ash cupped Alice's face with his single hand. With his other he smoothed her hair back. "Don't cry," he murmured.
Ash stared back at Alice. He couldn't be here.
Knowing himself, he was bound to hurt Alice. He always hurted the people he loved. He couldn't let himself love Alice because then it'd be impossible to dodge the hurt.
"Alice," he said quietly. His eyes drifted away from her face. "What would you do if I told you I had to leave? Without you?"

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Alice just looked at him with glassy eyes. She was expecting to be hurt... really she hadn't really ever met anyone who didn't hurt her in some way. She heard his question and seemed to tense up slightly...
"I... I don't know." She whispered weakly. "I want you to stay... but I can't make you." She said weakly, she really wished she could make him stay but... he was a killer and if he stayed he would more than likely be caught.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Ash leaned towards Alice again. "I don't want to go," he said and heard a knock at the door. Ash scrambled and got into a sitting position. "You were expecting someone?" he assumed but he doubted it. He got off of the bed and straightened his shirt. "You'd better get that."

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Alice frowned as the doorbell and stood up and brushed her hair down a little so it looked a little better and went to answer the door. She didn't know what to expect as she opened it. She slowly looked up to see who it was.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Alice opened the door to a badge that had three letters in golden letters: FBI. "Agent Jones," came a deep voice behind the badge. The man placed his badge in his pocket and stared at Alice with his dark, black eyes. He bald brown head and large figure made him look like the ideal bodyguard. "I'm looking for Ashley Heffley," Jones said in a thick voice. "I know he is in there. We can do this the easy way and you can let me in or I can break the door. You don't want me to do that, do you?"

Ash stared at the man behind the door with wide eyes. "How?" he murmured. He retreated into a room and ran straight for a closet before locking himself in.

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Alice didn't know what to do... She had always been scared of police officers, her father had been one but abused it in his right. "I don't know anyone whose name is Ashley Heffley. There was someone who claimed his name was El Cookie master and used my dryer awhile back, but he said he wanted to flee to Canada." She said quietly. "Why, what has this person done?" She asked quietly. She looked a hundred percent believable, and if these cops knew who she was, she was after all a well known abuse case, they would leave her alone knowing how mentally fragile she was.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Agent Jones sighed and pulled a picture from his pocket. "Perhaps this picture will refresh your memory."
It was a picture of Ash at his twenty-first birthday. He had a bottle of champagne on the counter and sitting right next to him was Kristian with an identical bottle. Both men had broad smiles on their faces; from the picture you could never tell that Ash would murder his brother.
"Ma'am, we're trying to save you. This man killed his brother and we need to take him into custody before he hurts anyone else. We wouldn't like a pretty face like yours to go to waste, now would we?"
Jones placed a hand on Alice's shoulder. "Now let us in and we will leave as soon as we get what we want."
On cue, another agent walked up to Agent Jones. The two looked nothing alike, Jones was a huge man with dark features while his colleague was pale white with ice eyes and light brown hair.
"We're only saving you, Alice," Jones's partner guaranteed. "So let us do just that."

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Alice cringed slightly as Jones touched her and backed away glaring. "Don't touch me, I do not recognize the man, either of them." She said quietly,"Please... just leave me alone." She said quietly,"The only thing you would ever need to save me from is myself. It's just me and the cats here... that's all it has been ever since he was arrested." She said quietly... "I don't want anyone near me... they'll just hurt me... so please... don't touch me.... Things would be better if you just left." One of the cats noticed her discomfort and stood between the agents and Alice. She was shivering, at the notion of her father of course. "Please... just go... I can't even look at you people without thinking of the man who tore me to pieces and you all didn't know till it was too late and nearly got away." She hissed as she started to cry slightly.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 02:00 AM
"Jones?" the smaller agent said, staring up at the big man.
"Smith, hold the girl."
The small agent nodded and grabbed Alice. "I don't want to do this babe but you've left me no choice. We know Ashley is here. And we need to retrieve him." Smith pulled another picture. This photograph was of Ash in a puddle of his own blood. His throat was slit and his face was so red, you had to look very closely to realise it was not Ash at all, but Kris.
Jones shoved his way into Alice's house. He scoured the entire house until he came across the closet in Alice's room. "Get up Heffley," he barked as he saw Ash curled on the floor.
"I didn't mean to," Ash sobbed. "I was drunk; I don't want him dead!"
Jones hauled Ash to his feet and placed the silver bands around his wrists. "You have the right to remain silent," Jones started. He recited the rest of Ash's Mirandas and kicked him out of the house. "Smith," Jones called.
Agent Smith stared down at Alice. "I'm sorry baby," he said softly and turned to follow Agent Jones and Ash into their car.

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Alice didn't know what to do at first. But as soon as the Smith held her down she was a mess. She was trying to push him away and shivering badly, as well as crying. She truly was terrified of being touched by people... but for whatever reason Ash could touch her and she wouldn't freak out. "Please..." She managed to spit out before Smith left... "Please don't... I need him, he's the only person... that hasn't managed to hurt me. He's the only thing that keeps me alive." She yelled at him. She was crying and shivering as she sat there on the floor.
What would happen to her... well she didn't know. Part of her wanted to just go get a gun and end it all right then and there.... but then another part of her told her that she needed to stay alive. She managed to get up and hold onto the door frame for a second but broke down again right then and there in the doorway as Smith left. If they were trying to save her... they sure weren't doing a good job of leaving her there alone to die.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Ash kept fighting Jones. "No!" he screamed. "I need her!"
"Get in the damn car you brat," Jones barked. He shoved Ash into the car with a giant force. Ash fell face first into the seat. He scrambled to get up and pressed his face against the window. "Ally!" he hollered. "Ally!!"
His scream ran through the block. He knocked his forehead against the window over and over.
"Damn it, stop!" Jones yelled as the car drove down the street.
"Alice!" Ash sobbed. "I'm so sorry."

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Alice just sat there against the door nob sobbing. She was done for, finished, she had officially nothing left. Her skin crawled as the scene seemed to play out over and over in her head as she sat there with her fist clenched. Sobs breaking through her small body. She hated it... she hated how they had been to late to get away, she hated how Smith called her Baby... she hated... well... she hated the fact that her options were to stay alone again or die.
She sat there for awhile crying still. Eventually her neighbors noticed her sitting there and started to stare. Eventually one came over and helped her get inside though. They were quickly pushed away though by her tantrum. She was just sitting in the kitchen. Broken dishes around her... Sebastian just watching her.
"Don't sit there and mock me..." She hissed. "Don't!" She stood up and walked over to the cat and dropped down to her knees right in front of it with yet another broken sob. Her fist slammed into the floor followed by her face and she just laid there sobbing. Sebastian and Mimi curling up with her as she passed out.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Ash was thrown into a cell, at least until the state knew what to do with him.
"Where were you the night of the twenty-fourth of this month?" Jones asked through bars.
Ash shook his head. "I don't belong here."
"Where you anywhere near Mr. Kristian Heffley?"
"I demand a lawyer," Ash said.
"Do you have a lawyer?"
"Mr. Kris-" Ash cut himself off. "No."
"One will be granted to you," Jones stated. "Put these on. Now." He threw Ash orange scrubs.
"This place is dirty," Ash gasped. He was getting claustrophobic in this cell. "And there isn't enough room. I have OCD. I have ADHD."
"We know that, Mr. Heffley," Jones said and turned to walk away.

Ash sobbed into his lap. He didn't belong here.
Sure he had killed his brother but he did not belong here.
He belonged with Alice.
He silently prayed she'd come to save him, but he knew that wasn't possible.

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Alice woke up hours later and pulled herself off the floor. Her hand was hurting rather horribly, she looked like a zombie. She really didn't know what to do... She had Jones' and Smith's numbers on her phone, because well, Smith had told her that he was there for her when she was little. She smirked a little as she picked up the phone with her good hand and called his cell. When he didn't pick up his phone,"I hope you know that your old friends little girl will be dead soon." She said quietly before hanging up and weakly limped up the stairs. She managed to get into the bathroom and couldn't even bare to look in the mirror.
She didn't want to be Alice... she wanted to be the Alice she had been when she was with Ash. Sure they were the same people but she couldn't stand herself when she was alone, at least when Ash was a round... she had managed to tolerate it. She started to cry again and punched the mirror breaking it and she just crunched up on the floor. Glass in her hand as she sat there crying. She needed him. That should have been obvious the second she broke down.

Her neighbor came by again to check on her and took her to the hospital to get her hand fixed up. Alice... didn't object. She didn't say anything for that matter. She had completely shut herself out to the world. The Neighbor stayed with her and took her home after the stitches were given. "If you need anything you're welcome at our place, you know that." Maria said quietly. Maria was young, in her late 20's married with a young child. Her husband away in war.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Ash was rocking back and forth in his cell which had caught the attention of one of the other men in the cell across from him. "You autistic too?" he spat. "Quit it you fag."
"I'm not autistic," Ash said, the only words that would come to mind. "And I'm not gay."
"Your name is Ashley. You are a faggot."
Ash ignored him and faced the wall. "I don't belong here."
"That's what they all say, twerp. So what you here for?"
"I murdered my brother," Ash said, the words horrible in his mouth.
"Murderer, huh? Well that's all we ever get in this damn high security. Murdered and child molesters." The man sighed. "So what you got; twenty years?"
Ash shook his head.
Twenty years spent behind bars would be twenty years of Alice in solitude.
"Heffley," came a voice from the front of the room. "You have a visitor."
Alice, Ash thought as his eyes started to sparkle. When he was released from his cell he found it wasn't Alice at all.

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Maria wasn't really sure if she wanted to leave Alice there alone. She hadn't spoken at all to anyone since she had been found in the bathroom, it really worried her though, but unless Alice said what was wrong, nothing could be done." she sighed and decided to leave since Alice was laying down upstairs with the cats. Her eyes open and just staring at the ceiling. Her mind at war, the suppressing side of her head telling her to forget everything but the rest fighting to stay awake.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 03:33 AM
"Who're you?" Ash said, staring at the man before him. A think glass wall separated them; Ash wondered how long it would be before he touched someone.
"You don't need to know who I am," the man said, his brown eyes gleaming. His black hair sat on his head slicked back.
"What do you want?"
The man smirked. "I got what I want. I wanted you locked up."
Ash glared at the man. "What are you talking about?"
"I'm paying your bail, whatever amount it's gonna be. And I know you'll get bail because I'm paying for a fabulous lawyer. If you agree to meet me in a little alley way."
Ash didn't know what to say. If he got bail, he'd get to see Alice.
And he wanted that more than anything.
The man smiled. "I see that's what you want. Well, you'll be able to walk out of here...Sunday? Yes, Sunday. Until then."
Ash exhaled the breath he had been holding. In six days he could see Alice.
That was too long.

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 03:54 AM
((Do you want to skip the six days? Or... do you want to keep going until he get's bailed out?))

Alice continued to just lay there. Finally she made sounds again, they were of course more cries... She had always been like this. Crying because she was so alone... She pulled through sometimes but it would only result in a hard fall down like that of what Ashley had seen the night he showed up. She sat up weakly and looked at her phone. Smith hadn't answered, douche bag.
She frowned a little and walked downstairs and was about to grip a knife in her hand when she felt something stop her. She wanted to see Ash... now. But... she... would more than likely have to sit there... for years... if someone didn't send her to the mental hospital. Which, Maria more than likely would if she didn't get any better in the next month.
Of course, Alice would keep up a good appearance around Maria, just because being locked away physically was far worse than being locked up mentally which she was constantly anyway.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Ash stared at the uneven bars, the lumpy bed, the pathetic toilet. He wondered how he ever survive a day of this, let alone six.
He nodded to the correctional officer and was gone.
He was free, at least until the hearing, which would be in two weeks. He was free, as long as he stayed within ten miles of Alice's house, which wasn't a whole lot of freedom.
Still, Ash was free.
He ran to Alice's house and banged his fist against the door. The officer that had escorted him stood beside him, prepared to tell Alice all of the rules she'd have to abide by.
"Alice!" Ash yelled happily. "Ally I'm back!"
"Not for long," the officer murmured under his breath.

Etoile Mizu
09-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Maria was in the house when someone knocked on the door. She went to get it and saw the man and the officer and frowned slightly,"If you're looking for Alice... she's asleep. I finally got her to sleep... so please don't wake her." She said quietly. She frowned a little. She could see that he wanted to see her. "I can tell her what you need to though." She said quietly. Sebastian sitting behind her twitching it's tail slightly as it watched.
Maria noted that and shut the door behind her standing in front of Ash and the officer.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 11:54 PM
The officer stared down at the young woman. "We're here on account of Ashley Heffley's bail regulations. He is not to leave this house unless he phones us. Going to the store to get groceries or going to the laundromat is fine; we've discussed this with him. He is to show up at the court at the agreed upon time. If he does not show he will be put back in jail with no bail. Thank you and have a nice day." He turned and got back into his car.
Ash stared at the woman. "I need to see Alice," he said. "Please."

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Maria nodded a little and let him inside watching the officer... "Um. Okay, I guess you can see her for awhile." She said quietly. So this guy was going to stay with Alice? She was a little unsure if he could stay there with her and take care of her. "I can..um head back home to my kid." She said quietly. She was pregnant also. She sighed a little,"She's upstairs in the room." She said quietly leading the way.

Alice was asleep Mimi by her side. She wasn't looking so good. Her hand still had the stitches on it and it would be obvious to see, she was pale and even looked thinner than she had been.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Ash nodded and watched the woman leave. When the door closed behind her Ash ran up the stairs and turned into Alice's room. His eyes brushed her sad body. She looked terrible; he had done this to her.
Ash's fingers traced Alice's sticthes. "Ally," he murmured quietly. He gave her body a little shove as he repeated, "Ally."

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Alice eventually woke up and rubbed her eyes. "Maria... I'm not going to eat goddammit." She muttered before she actually saw who it was... "Ash." She said quietly. She looked like she was going to cry again and pulled herself into his arms hugging him close to her, She didn't care that it hurt her hand. "... How long... Are they allowing you to stay?" She asked weakly. She was crying. She had missed him so much.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Ash pulled Alice into an embrace. "Two weeks," he answered. "Two weeks in ultimate bliss."
He patter Alice's back. "I need to meet with the man who payed my bail," he continued. "But I don't even know who he is. I'm going to have to see him soon; probably today. Will you be okay?"

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Alice smiled a little,"Won't it violate your bail if you leave?" She asked quietly looking at him in the eyes. "But... I guess I'll be okay." She whispered. "At least you're safe... and you're here." She said quietly forcing a small smile... "Those six days without you were hell on earth." She whispered.
She just wanted to hold him close to her and sit there, not leaving him or have him leave her again. She had been to the hospital twice since he had left, staying overnight once. Maria was handling things pretty well though.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 12:33 AM
"I don't think so. He said we would meet pretty close to here; Helm Street? Elm? Well it's less than ten miles away I believe."
Ash kissed Alice's cheek. "I don't know how they found me. I didn't leave any evidence. But once this court case thing is over I'll be here yo stay."
Ash didn't want to mention the worst case scenario, which would probably come to be; that Ash would be found guilty of murder without reason and be locked away for years.

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Alice nodded weakly and just sat there... "So... if I go to sleep and wake up... you'll still be here right?" she asked quietly. She was scared that he would go away again, she didn't want to be alone. If she broke down again... she didn't want to think of what would happen. She was lucky to have Maria around otherwise Alice wouldn't have been in the condition she was in but something worse.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Ash nodded solemnly. "I promise," he said. Ash turned to the door. "As long as you'll be here when I come back," he joked and walked out of her bedroom. "But first I am eating some chicken. I missed my dinosaurs."
He rummaged in the kitchen until he came across the chicken nuggets. He loaded them into the toaster oven.
Ash stared down at Sebastian as he waited. "I missed you little guy," he said as he crouched down and pet the cat behind his ears.

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Alice smiled a little and laid back down as Mimi meowed curling back up. She sat there for awhile before she fell asleep. She was happy that he was back, but two sickly and tired to really do anything about it. She quickly fell back asleep.
Sebastian meowed and started to pur as Ash started to pet him behind the ears. He missed Ash as well.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Ash loaded the nuggets into his mouth before opening the door and setting off towards Helm or Elm Street. When he saw the green sign that read the street's name, Helm, he smiled and walked down the street. It was a dark street, which sent a chill down Ash's back. "Hello?" he called.
"Why hello there, Ashley."
Ash looked up but he couldn't see who was talking to him. "It's Ash."
"It's whatever I say it is, Heffley." A man walked up behind Ash. Ash turned around to find the man that had released him from that horrible place. "Nice to see you're a man of your word."
Ash smiled nervously. "Yeah," he said slowly. "So what do you want?"
The man smiled. "Your life."
Ash's face dropped. "Come again?"
"You honestly think you could kill Kristian?" the man asked, starting to walk circles around Ash. "No, idiot. That was me. All I had to do was drug you up and that was it. The asshole was dead. And I was innocent."
Ash started to shake again. "What are you-"
"Shut up," the man cut. He stopped in front of Ash's face. "Kristian Heffley is dead. And you are next."
"What'd I do?" Ash said, backing away.
The man laughed. "Don't try to leave. You'll fail." He pulled out his own knife. "You didn't do anything. It was Kristian that was fucking people he shouldn't have been. Now he and the girl are dead. And you just happened to be in the way. So now everyone will have to read about your suicide. Farewell, Ashley."

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Alice slept for awhile until Maria came back and checked on her. She was worried, she didn't trust that guy who had come from bail. And she just had a really bad feeling over all.
She walked upstairs and didn't really want to wake Alice up... but. She had a feeling that something bad was going to happen to Alice, soon.
She sat on the edge of the bed brushing Alice's hair from her face. Maria viewed her like a little sister and didn't want her to get anymore hurt than she already was.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Ash was taking everything in but it was too much.
Kristian didn't steal people's girls; as far as he knew Kris was still a virgin. Was a virgin, when he died.
Ash stared at the man's knife. It was a sharp blade, sharper than the one that had killed Kris, the one Ash thought he held when it took Kris's life.
"Why did you pay my bail?" Ash said, the only question he could summon.
"I didn't know how long your amnesia would last. And I didn't pay anything. That was your brother's money. Kid was a multi-millionaire."
Ash remembered Kris's bank account. It had one million dollars in it. Did that mean this guy had gotten there before him?
The man wrapped his arm around Ash. His blade was touching the skin of his neck. "Any last words, Ashley Heffley?"

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Alice was still asleep for awhile but woke up soon after Maria joined her in the room. "Hey," Maria said with a small smile,"You want something to eat?" She asked quietly. Alice nodded weakly and tried to get up and managed to get down the stairs with Maria's help and sat on the couch as Maria went to go get something for Alice to eat.

Alice sat on the couch head in her hands. She felt like something was horribly wrong but she couldn't put her finger on it. She sighed a little... she really hoped that Ash was okay.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 01:26 AM
"Yeah," Ash said, gulping. "I'm so sorry Kristian."
He closed his eyes. "Sorry for letting this ass make me think I'd kill you." Ash turned around and brought his fist up to the guy's face. The guy jumped back in surprise but was coming after Ash in seconds.
Ash started running, away from Alice's house. He knew what he needed to do. He just hoped it worked.

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Alice grimaced a little as her head started to hurt and closed her eyes curling into a ball on the couch. Maria frowned as she walked back into the room and sat down wrapping her arms around Alice. "Sweetie... You okay?" She asked weakly. She was so worried about Alice... she had worsened into such a condition in just six days. She really did need that guy.
He was gone though. Who knows if he would return. Alice just sat there shivering for awhile before she finally passed out. She didn't know what to do though... so she brought her kid over and just sat down on the couch Alice back in her bedroom.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Ash was panting hard, this man wasn't going to give up, especially not now. He had passed the area the bail would allow and now it was just a matter of time before an officer came to get him.
And then they'd see everything. Ash would be a free man.
Ash was slowing down, he couldn't keep going much longer. He closed his eyes and imagined Alice waiting for him.
"Heffley!" boomed a voice before he was handcuffed.
The man stopped dead in his tracks. "There!" Ash said, trying to point.
The officer spotted him and ran off towards him.
A younger officer came up behind Ash. "What happened here?" he asked.
"I'm an innocent man," Ash murmured. "I am innocent."

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Maria just sat there in the living room with Micah, he was around 3 now and was just giggling playing with Mimi. Sebastian was watching out the window of Alice's room as she laid there. The room dark other than the small patch of light that the curtains didn't cover, the place were Sebastian was sitting. The blinds leaving shadows on the bed where she lay.
Alice's breathing was shallow at that point. She couldn't even move, it exhausted her. Maria had already called a doctor to go and look at her, besides, she needed medical attention.
Soon enough the doctor showed up, they were female of course and she just sat in the room with Alice trying to figure out what they could do.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 01:49 AM
A few hours after the arrests Ash was once again in front of Alice's door. It was six in the evening now; he promised Alice that when she awoke he'd be there.
Was it possible she'd still be asleep?
The man, Greg Barns, admitted to the murder of Kristian Heffley. Ash had no charges on him now; he could live with Alice forever.
Taking in air, he knocked on the door again.

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Maria answered and let him in. "You can't make Alice do anything active for awhile. There was a doctor here earlier. She said that she shouldn't do anything till she get's healthy enough. So... I'll come over every now and then to check up on you guys. Just be careful with her okay?" She asked quietly before she took Micah out.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Ash nodded to the young woman and smiled at the small son of hers. He ran in the house and went straight to her room.
Ash didn't want to bother her, so he went to the couch and turned on the TV.
He hooked up the Wii and loaded the MarioKart disc. When the game booted up, Ash smiled and chose a random course cup. When the time came to select a character, he didn't go with Bowser. He chose Mario instead, Kris's favourite player.
"For you, buddy," Ash whispered and destroyed every other racer.

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Alice was still asleep but Mimi sat down besides Ash watching him before mewing somewhat loudly and laid down in his lap as he plaid purring. Alice eventually woke up a little though.. Sebastian went downstairs and stood by the stairs meowing somewhat loudly. He knew that Alice couldn't go anywhere and was trying to get someone's attention so they could feed her.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Ash stared at Sebastian. "You're interrupting my game, lil' guy," Ash said as he turned back to face the TV and fell into the water. "See?"
Ash got up once the race was finished-he came in first, naturally- and walked up the stairs. "Ally?" he called, walking into her room. When he saw she was awake he smiled. "You'll never believe what happened."

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Alice just laid there on the bed and smiled over at him,"What?" She asked weakly. She was speaking somewhat quieter than usual. She didn't really sit up though she just laid on her side looking at him. She was glad he was back though. She hadn't been when she passed out again. "Did Maria leave?" She asked quietly.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 10:05 PM
"Yes Maria left," Ash said as he cradled Alice's face. "Her son of hers is a cute one, isn't he?"
Ash smiled. "I'm not a murderer," he said proudly. "I never killed Kristian. This asshole just made me think I did. So I'm a free man."
He hugged her, breathing in her scent. "I'm free to do what I want, where I want, how I want." He stared at her eyes. "I just hope that's with you."

Etoile Mizu
09-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Alice smiled happily as he said he was free and he hadn't done it. Even though it hurt her she sat up and just hugged him. "I'm glad that you're going to stay here with me." She said weakly. She really was glad, she could live now, he would protect her... nothing would take him away again.
"Oh, and yeah Micah's a cutie." She said smiling a little as she pulled away with her hands on his cheeks. Her eyes sparkling a little before she put her arms around his neck and just sat there with a small smile.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 10:28 PM
"Of course," Ash said with a smirk. "No one can live without El Cookie Master, huh?"
Ash gave a small laugh. "And you know, considering Kris was so rich, I'll probably get some of that dough. So you just name it, Ally, and we'll do it."
He straightened his back. "How are you doing?" he asked, mad that he hadn't asked sooner.

Etoile Mizu
09-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Alice smiled a little and even laughed but started to cough instead and sighed as she let herself fall back down onto her back.
"Well, doctor says I shouldn't even leave the house for awhile... so... I don't know. I'm happy, but I feel sick." She whispered,"I guess it's my fault though... I should have taken better care of myself when you were gone." She said weakly looking away from him.