PDA

View Full Version : Your Everday Idea List

Stilted
01-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Choose Your Own Adventure Style
One player acts as a DM of sorts who controls npcs, and generally describes the world the other player's character. The Dm might ask questions like "which road will you take" or "how to you plan on negociating". Obviously the hero player has bit of imaginative control, such as elaboration on what the DM may have only described vaguely. The object is to mantain a feel of the text adventure games of old like Zork and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Tatterhood.
A loose retelling of the fairy tale Tatterhood. One player might play, say a side kick for the gruesome heroine of the nonsensicke story, like her magic goat or the disembodied head of her sister.

Another Town? More Like Another world!
Tired and true comedy plot. One player's character moves into a newtown, either for work or college for an adult, or by parent's choice for a youngin'. But either way something just isn't right about the place and only he or she is onl person who notices.However, even without an understanding of how the perversed physics of the place work the newbie is welcomed with open arms by possibely the nuteist bar of the bunch. Nonetheless, they become best buds, heterosexual life partners or whatever you want to call it.

Sorcerer's Aprentice
A wizard finds an orphan and takes pity on the poor child and is housed and even trained by the master. However, one day when the wizard goes out on errands, the apprentice’s curiosity is peaked and s/he uses a left behind wand, runes, or whatever of the wizard. Things go horribly right until the master comes home, making things right, and hoping that the apprentice has finally learned the principal of equivalent exchange and that more practice needs to be done.

Eventually, the apprentice gets better over time and eventually goes solo, having learned most everything on the magical side things necessary. But when s/he starts dabbling in some of the darker arts, the students surpasses the master. Unfortunately, one of the side effects is a lost of control or possibly humanity.

The wizard eventually figures out about this and tries to take responsibility.

Miss Murder's Love Triangle
A young noble hold to determine the woman worthy enough to marry him, the one in a particular village with the greatest magical talent. A is chosen and gets quickly attached to her new soon to be husband. Let's just say it was too attached- he got creeped out amoung other things. The wedding was off and the runner up got the privilege, B.

The time of year for a popular pilgrimage arrives, and by chance, A notices B is taking it by chance, and getting the impression the soon to be noble is an unworthy idiot. Hoping for revenge a second chance at the noble via a chance to kill B, A disguises herself and is allowed by B to travel with her.

With personal guards and no particular vendetta against men just doing their jobs, A travels with B for longer than expected, with an opinion somewhat changed because of it, while B gets either the suspicion A is after her life or just plain paranoid. Eventually, B makes it seem like she is vulnerable, but A does not strike, thinking to much of the person to kill her.

Fanfiction
I normally hate fanfiction. Strangely enough, I had go into one particular verse when I was on another now, long dead forum, in order to help keep it alive. This verse was...that of Masashi Kishimoto's manga series Naruto.

Any ties to the main plot of the series would be thin, as the roleplay would simply detail the missions and adventures of a genin and squad and their sensei. The roles would changes between players depending on the scenario between things such as teacher vs students, squad vs. opposition and spotlighted genin vs. love interest/rival/etc. With communication and profiles detailing personality, motivation, and the like, staying in character should not be a problem.

A sort of all OC yugioh based roleplay would be interested, obviously with each playing take on the role of one edge of a rivalry based around the serious buisness of the children's card game. Any era, such as season 1 ( or is it 2?), GX or even 5ds would be fine. Playing for the other character would be fine in order to speed pacing and make it turn by turn, but that obviously means that we would have to have quite the understanding with eachother on the characterization of the rivals.

Eldora
01-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I might be interested in a Choose Your Own Adventure, or possible Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Miss Devil
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Miss Murder's Love Triangle Is what I would love to do with you!!!!!!

Stilted
01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Eldora, I'd perfer the later. So, if that's alright, I'd just like to ask both of you which character you want in your respective stories. If we can make character sheets beofre jumping to IC that would be super special awesome, but I understand wanting to just jump into the action.

Govannon
01-08-2010, 05:25 AM
I would love to do any of these, except the yu-gi-oh ones (sorry).

Miss Devil
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Eldora, I'd perfer the later. So, if that's alright, I'd just like to ask both of you which character you want in your respective stories. If we can make character sheets beofre jumping to IC that would be super special awesome, but I understand wanting to just jump into the action.

Oh yes I will make an OOC and the IC! Sorry I know I should have said that I can set up the IC for the one I wanna do but I think we may need another person I would prefer to play the wemon but I can also play a guy lol

Stilted
01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Well, I pretty much just thought that the prince would make appearences sparringly enough to just be an npc. If you can find a person who want's to play the prince, and we can think of a way to give him a more constant role, then fine; maybe Gonovan might be willing. But I was just planning on starting at the pilmgrimage part with the contest just being backstory.

Govannon
01-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I would be willing, but just as a point of order, that would mean that we have to make this a general invite only rp.

Eldora
01-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. i've been pretty busy but my schedule just cleared up a bit.

So yeah, I'd prefer to play the magician.

Levias
01-11-2010, 12:25 AM
*Raises hand slightly*

I would be willing to do the Naruto one...

Miss Devil
01-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Hey the ooc is up! I'm working on my character you can post your there we may need one more person if someone wants to join it just like say so hahaha or I can double characters I don't mind :)

Govannon
01-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Sorry, where's the OOC?

Miss Devil
01-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Ummm it's for miss murder it's in this section lmfao

Stilted
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Poopy, didn't ever expect a thread of mine getting too much feedback. Umh, Guess, I'm porbally just going to go with Miss Devil on this one since I've probally got my hands full now.

I'll try to remember you all when I'm free.

Eldora
01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Ok, just let me know. I've kinda got my hands full with Mystivale right now, and I've got lots of RL to tend to. But whenever you're ready, I'll make the time.

Miss Devil
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry! Lol we need one more person btw :) so if a guy wants to join into are prive role-play feel free!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1998 Link to the OOC

Govannon
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I'd be happy to join in.

Stilted
01-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Crap, I don't think we established who would play who did we? I'd personally want to play the yandere, love knifer, or what ever neologism you wish to call I, but I'd like to wait see what at least oen of you get out before trying.

Govannon
01-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I was fairly sure I was going to end up playing the noble. I prefer playing guys, and both you and miss devil said that you wanted to play girls. I'll get the character sheet up sometime soon-ish. I'm sorry if that sounds like a really weak excuse, and it really is, but I'm in no shape to write right now. (It took me 4 tries to spell write right in that past sentence...) I haven't slept in over a day in what I now see as an increadibly misguided attempt to reset my sleep patterns... kill me now...

Miss Devil
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I am confused! I thoguht slited wanted to play a guy..? maybe I was misleaed LMFAO

Stilted
01-11-2010, 06:55 PM
No, what the noble was meant to be a minor charactr in the first place. I don't have any qualms with playing the opposite sex. Hell, I even crossdress in real life occasionally.

Miss Devil
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
ohh.. I thought you where a guy.. okay why not make it a fight to the end with the two guys? xD

Stilted
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Okay, now I'm the one confused. You thouht right, and well I've read too much shojo to want to do that. Well, that and playing romance is strange because whenever I play a gay, lesbian relationship, I feel sort of guilty for Mary Sueing; playing staight as a guy doesn't give me any male fanservice input, so I'm more ussually more motivated playing a chick.

Govannon
01-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I can do whatever. It's your RP, so if you want to bump the prince up to a major char, or introduce a new one, or tell me to bugger off, all is well. In real life I'm a straight guy, and while I don't mind playing female characters when the mood grabs me, I never really go into relationships with them. Whenever I have tried doing romance from the female POV it always seems to be somewhat, shallow, to me I just don't really have the mindset to make it seem real y'know? That said, seeing as this is clearly going to be a romantic RP, my playing a girl could result in a drop in quality for everyone, and I don't really want for that to happen. So, like I said, whatever you choose is fine either way.

Miss Devil
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
O.O wow. your like the first guy I have ever meet besides my twin who would play a girl! THIS IS AWESOME!! Lets all play girls XE