PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day at Work? (Totenglaut and Soquira)

Totenglaut
01-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Close to his looks: Gregory Orwell (http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime+suit/iBrokeback/anime%20guys/soundless_XII_by_shel_yang.jpg)

Bad day at work? Oh, that question. Greg could've strangled his mother for asking that. Of course he'd had a bad day at work his boss was bitchy and arrogant. He'd never had a good day at work.

His hand tightened on the phone. "Is there a reason you called?" He asked. "I still AM at work, mother" His mother tittered on the phone saying how it wasn't an emergency she just wanted to see how her only son was. Sue her for caring. Maybe she wouldn't call him at work again. She just thought she'd bright his day but apparently he didn't want brightening...

Greg hung up feeling a headache coming on. His mother would be pissed that he'd hung up the phone but id didn't matter. If his boss had caught him on the phone with a personal call Greg would be out of a job. Technically he was her asisstant. But unofficially he was her punching bag.

Of course that hadn't been in the job description when Greg had applied. If it had he would've said bon voyage. He still should say it. But he needed the money. And no place elkse waws hiring at the moment.

Maybe he'd just quit today and take his chances. His mom would give him a room for rent at least. It was just that he didn't want to live with his mother. He'd gotten out of the house at nineteen and he really did not want to go back. Especially when he was 25 now.

Greg had a social life. Going back and living with his mother would destroy it. So, for all intents and purposes this job was his lifeline. So he couldn't keep taking calls from his mother.

Aleris
01-08-2010, 11:54 PM
It's a real photo but the closest thing I could find. http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww160/FairywitchX/Decorated%20images/down-Monica_Bellucci-01.jpg]Vanessa] (http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww160/FairywitchX/Decorated%20images/down-Monica_Bellucci-01.jpg)

"I want it done by 3 P.M sharp. No excuses." The dark haired female snapped as she flipped her cell phone shut and pulled open the door leading into Wonder Books. The twenty-six year old executive (editor-in-chief of the company to be precise,) hadn't been in her position for too long - two years was a short time in comparison to others in that same field however obtaining the job hadn't been a hard thing for her.

Dark green eyes scanned the area and a frown formed upon her lips. Her employees - a wide variety of men and women from different backgrounds - all seemed to be hard at work but half of her had to wonder exactly how long that had been in effect. She glanced at the clock and rolled her eyes, she was a few minutes earlier than usual. They were catching on.

She entered her office to find her assistant, Greg? Garrett? Something along those lines, standing by the phone. "All right." She said calmly not bothering to pause before continuing to speak. "I want Willings to agree to the signings by no later than 4 P.M, I've already called and conducted a few interviews that some others seemed far to incompetent to manage," She shot a glare out the door before continuing once more. "I need these papers," She thrusted a handful toward him, "Organized into proper categories before being delivered to the proper offices, the mail carried outside, several phones calls made - you'll find the list in that folder over there, and a note of what each concerns underneath the names, and while you're at it I wouldn't mind a frappucino."

She said all this as she took a seat at the desk and pressed power button on the computer before her. Waiting for it to start up she brushed a strand of hair out of her face before looking up at the man once more. "That wouldn't be an issue, would it?" It wasn't particularly a question, the smirk on her lips could have told anyone that and she turned her attention to the computer once more to check her email.

Her inbox was full again and didn't stall in typing replies to the various senders. Her eyes narrowed as she read one message, from her cousin Jason whom she had never gotten along with growing up.

To: Vanessa R. Alexandri

Nessa,

I think it'd be wise if you check your mail when you get home. The large manila envelope? It'll catch you interest.

She rolled her eyes as she moved onto the next message - it was becoming a habit of hers more and more everyday - she doubted it was anything of real importance.