PDA

View Full Version : The Full Moon's Requiem (An Avatar: The Last Airbender RP)

Lady Celeste
01-08-2010, 03:36 AM
(The following RP is rated PG for fantasy violence. This rating will be changed if necessary.)

Table of Contents

The Story (You Are Here)
The Rules
The Profiles
The Originals
The Madeups

The Story

Three months after the return of Sozin's Comet, the world has already begun to show signs of recovery from the century-long war. Under the reign of the newly crowned Fire Lord Zuko, the Fire Nation has slowly but surely begun to renounce its former goal of world domination and embrace a new era of peace, as Zuko and young Avatar Aang continue to repair relationships between the nations and restore balance to the world. This in particular is a very special time, as all nations come together to celebrate the upcoming one-year anniversary of Aang's return to the world from the infamous iceberg; a day that the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, and Fire Nation alike have seen fit to declare a holiday.

But for all the worldwide happiness in these recent days, the scars of the past still remain. Radical groups from every nation have set their sights on the young Fire Lord, some denouncing him as a traitor to the Fire Nation, and others insisting that the Fire Nation has gone unpunished too long for instigating the war. Most disturbing of these is the newest of these groups to reveal itself: a ruthless band of waterbenders known as the Heralds of La. Claiming to have been taught by Hama herself, the Heralds seek vengeance on the Fire Nation for wiping out the Southern waterbenders, and whether or not their claim is true, it is known that the Heralds only strike under the full moon, and recent eyewitness accounts claim to have lost all control of their own bodies during encounters with the Heralds. This revelation has shocked most of the world, particularly Katara of the Southern Water Tribe. Being a master of bloodbending herself, Katara had long since vowed never to use the dark gift, and has now made it her personal mission to see the Heralds brought to justice.

Lady Celeste
01-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Table of Contents

The Story
The Rules (You Are Here)
The Profiles
The Originals
The Madeups

The Rules

**First and foremost, no godmoding. None. At all. To that end, I cannot accept any character who can bend more than one element, since only Aang can do that in the canon. Nor can I accept characters who bend anything other than Earth, Fire, or Water. (Aang is called the LAST airbender for a reason!) I'm sorry to have to be so strict on this, but I've seen too many RP's flooded with multi-benders and the end result was always a disaster.

**Explicit or excessively mature content will not be tolerated. With all due respect, this is no place to discuss any character's private parts, or any of the various ways that someone's head might blow up.

**Please be at least semi-literate. I'm not expecting perfect spelling and punctuation at all times, but if I can't understand what you're saying, we've got a problem.

**Put some effort into your posts people! Of course, I don't expect a full-blown novel with every post, but at least a couple of decent paragraphs should be fine.

**No flaming. Whether you're pro-Zutara, Kataang, Maiko, etc. I'm sure you can agree with me on this one. We're here to RP and have fun, not pick immature fights with different ships!

**Please put some kind of effort into making your profiles. I've seen more than my fair share of Mary Sues in my RP's, and the results were always extremely painful. Simply put, any character designed solely to drool over any one of the original characters, or to force any particular ship to take place, will not be accepted.

**When applying for a character, PM me with your character profile(s) and/or the original(s) you want, as well as a brief RP sample. Use the subject "La Is Coming!" so I'll know you read the rules.

**And of course, all RPA rules apply. Enjoy! *cuts ribbon*

nonangelic92
01-08-2010, 04:04 AM
OH cool, I'll have either have a character sheet up tonight or tomorrow

Lady Celeste
01-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Why thank you nonangelic! Here's a suggestion for a profile skeleton right now!

Table of Contents

The Story
The Rules
The Profiles (You Are Here)
The Originals
The Madeups

The Profiles

Below is the standard profile skeleton for this RP. But every character is different, so sections may be added or omitted as necessary.

Name:
Bender?: (Yes or No)
Weapons: (If Any)
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Other:

Lady Celeste
01-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Table of Contents

The Story
The Rules
The Profiles
The Originals (You Are Here)
The Madeups

The Originals
(Bold means the Position is Filled)

Earth Kingdom

Toph
Haru
Suki
Teo
Smellerbee
Longshot
The Duke
Pipsqueak
The Boulder
The Hippo
The Mechanist

Fire Nation

Zuko (Played By Lady Celeste)
Iroh
Ozai
Azula
Mai
Ty Lee
Chit Sang

Air Nomads

Aang

Water Tribes

Katara
Sokka
Hakoda
Bato
Hama
Tho
Duu
Hue

Spirit World

Hei Bai
Koh The Face Stealer
Painted Lady

*Note: Yes, I understand that not all characters are on this list. If you want any canon character not yet mentioned on this list, just let me know and I'll be happy to put them up for you.

Lady Celeste
01-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Table of Contents

The Story
The Rules
The Profiles
The Originals
The Madeups (You Are Here)

The Madeups

All madeup characters will be organized here by nation. Newest profiles are at the bottom of each list.

Earth Kingdom

Fire Nation

Water Tribes

Lady Celeste
01-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Okay, that's the last of it!

I'll wait until we have a few members before I start an IC thread.

AeRaShin
01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm definately making a character for this!

nonangelic92
01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
oh man Ive been really busy so Ill have a CS up tonight, promisd.