PDA

View Full Version : [M]Surprise Ending (Shades of Grey and CuteLilRedhead)

Pages : [1] 2

CuteLilRedhead
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Ausha opened her eyes on bright and sunny morning and grumbled.... "I don't wanna go to work!!" She groaned into her pillow then closed her eyes again. Her cat, Winifred, jumped onto the bed and began to claw the blankets, meowing for food and attention. "Winny, dear, mommy is having a moment." Ausha said opening one eye to look at her orange kitty.

Winifred's tilted to the side and she gave another meow. Ausha rolled her eyes and stroked the cat's head as she got up. Her long brunette hair fell to the small of her back. It was curly but not poodle curly. A nice, natural wave, if you will. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the time. With another groan she went into the kitchen and poured some food into Winney's bowl. "Come on, Ms. Demanding." Ausha shouted for the cat. She walked back into the bedroom to see Winney on her bed.

"You little..." She growled and shooed the cat away. She walked into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her green eyes had dark circles under them due to the week of no sleep she had been having. She worked for a law firm as an assistant, but she had projects to do as well as all the lawyers, which explained her lack of sleep. With a sigh, she turned on the shower and undressed, hoping the warm water would wake her up.

Stepping into the shower she was defiantly woken up by a surprisingly cold shock. She screeched and jumped out of the shower. She played with the hot and cold knobs but the water still stayed freezing. "Really? REALLY?" Ausha pulled a towel around her body and grabbed the phone to call her landlord. "Hey, Terry, it's Ausha... again. Um, the hot water doesn't seem to be working, and I know I sent the money in for this month. If you could stop by and take a look, that would be great. Thanks so much." She hung up. " Good for nothing... He probably didn't pay his half of the bill."

Skipping the shower Ausha went into the bedroom and got dressed in her usual business casual attire. She grabbed her purse and keys and headed out the door after kissing Winney's head goodbye.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 09:27 PM
"Ferdi!"
Max stared down at the puddle on his carpet. "I just cleaned this dammit!" He shook his head and began his hunt for his dog. When he found the Rottweiler huddled in a corner of the living room, Max grabbed the dog's collar and brought him over to the puddle.
"What is this?" he hollered.
The dog tried to back away but Max had a strong grip.
"You don't do that in my bedroom. You do that outside. How am I supposed to clean that before Jennette comes over?"
The dog barked and got loose. He scurried away leaving Max to fix his mess.

Max was lying on his couch, waiting. Jen was supposed to come over an hour ago. His house had lost the lemon scent he had sprayed to cover Ferdinand's urine. Max was getting worried; his girlfriend was always on time.
He picked up his phone and called her once again but there was no answer. When Ferdi started barking at the door Max ran to answer it. When he opened the door a frown crossed his face.
"Jesus loves you no matter what. He can forgive you; you just have to let Him."
Max slammed the door shut. He was so sick and tired of these religious freaks that kept bothering him. When did word get out that he didn't believe in God?
Retreating, Max walked to his room and lay down on his bed. He stared at the glowing letters on his clock until his eyes closed and he drifted into sleep.

Max woke from a terrible nightmare to a disgusting smell coming from outside his room. He lifted himself up and walked out of his room. On the floor was a pile of a Rottweiler's waste. "What the hell did I spend all that money for if you weren't even trained?" Max said, agravated.
He walked to his bathroom and stared at the mirror. His eyes were a dark blue colour. His hair, a black mess, lay atop his head in curls. His skin was way too wan.
Max saw a clock in the mirror. He turned around and read the time.
It was three in the afternoon.
Jennette was supposed to be here seven hours ago.

CuteLilRedhead
09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Walking through the doors of the firm, Ausha looked less than pleased to be there.

"Morning, Ausha." The office perv smirked looking her up and down. She knew he was picturing her naked.

"Hey Phil, how's the wife and triplets?" She threw back at him, loving the fact that his smirk quickly fell to a scowl.

She went to the coffee room and fixed four coffees. One was a French Vanilla, another was black, the third was a regular with two creams and three sugars, and lastly, a coffee name that was so long, it hurt Ausha's brain to try and say it. She looked over and saw doughnut. She smiled but frowned immediately after she remembered her diet. SHe picked up the coffee's and set her French Vanilla on her desk and bringing the other three into the meeting room where three of her bosses sat.

"Good morning, Mr. Wright, Mrs. Stevenson, and Mr. Davids." She smiled placeing all of their coffee's in front of them. The three of them just ignored her and continued talking about a rapist who wanted them to be his lawyer.

"Absolutely not! I don't care what people say about us, we do have morals." Mr.Wright boomed.

Ausha rolled her eyes and went back to her desk taking a deep breath. As she was about to take a drink of coffee her phone started to ring on four different lines... Oh this was going to be one fantastic day.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Max stepped out of his car and ran up to his girlfriend's house. He knocked on the door with more force than he intended. "Jenny?" he called. "It's Max."
There was no answer, just the whistle of the wind as it swept the branches of Jennette's tree. Max got onto his knees and started to look for the spare key he knew Jen kept. His fingers felt around the welcome mat and in the plant but he couldn't find the key.
Max walked around back. He peered in a window but he couldn't see anything except Jen's aquarium filled with neon tetras of all colours. Max got worried; Jen never left the fish tank's light on.
He lifted the door to Jen's mailbox and that's when he finally found the key. Max let himself inside. "Jenny?" he called again, this time his voice echoing off her walls. "Where are you?"

Max grabbed a cereal bar from Jen's kitchen and tore it open. He started munching on it and turned into Jen's bathroom. She wasn't anywhere.
As a last resort, Max opened the door to Jen's bedroom. He always felt a little weird, walking into a girl's bedroom without permission. He had learned the hard way that you didn't barge into a girl's room when he walked in on his sister without a bra.
Max grimaced as he remembered the image. As the door opened Max stared down and his cereal bar dropped out of his hand.

CuteLilRedhead
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
As the day passed and as Ausha got more irritated she was all but jumping out of her chair to go home. She ran outside into the pouring rain and hailed a taxi. Her white skin got goosebumps as the cool rain dropped on her. Within seconds she was drenched.

The cab pulled up and she got inside and told him to take her to the hot spot bar that was right up the street. She never liked telling cab drivers where she lived so she always had them drop her off at the bar which was only two blocks from her house.

The street lights were buzzing as she walked. She had pepper spray in her purse in case anyone tried anything but she wasn't paying any attention tonight.

Ashen
09-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Max's phone dropped out of his hand; it was shaking that badly. He picked up the landline but it had been cut. Max's blue eyes got a clear coat of tears as he ran out of the room. He had seen his girlfriend naked before, sure.
He had just never seen that much blood.

Max ran out of the house and into the pouring rain. He looked up and down the street countless times before running to a girl. She looked formal; maybe she could help him out. Her brown hair was long and if Max wasn't so upset his eyes would have had a field day with this girl.
"Ma'am," he said, nearly falling to the ground. His legs were jelly, his voice came out muffled. "You've gotta help me. Call the police. My girlfriend.. She was... She is..." Max was trying hard to keep his tears to himself. His fingers dug into his pocket and pulled out the small blue box. He opened the box, staring down at the gold band that would have been placed around Jennette's finger had she shown up at his house.
Had she been alive.

Max stared back at the girl. His hands were shaky as he shoved the box back into his pocket. "My girlfriend is dead," Max let out. "Please call the police."

CuteLilRedhead
09-09-2011, 06:46 AM
As Ausha walked down the street a man approached her. Fumbling over his own feet and tongue. At first she wasn't sure what he was saying. He took out a beautiful proposal ring in a gorgeous blue box.

"My girlfriend is dead"

Ausha pulled out her phone and called 911 without it even registering what this man had said.

"Operator... What's the emergency?" A girl with a New Jersey accent asked.

"There has been a murder. It's right off of Colfax and Hollywood." She sounded calm but the moment she hung up she looked at the man and all she could do was hug him. "It's going to be okay." She walked him to the steps in front of the house. "I'm Ausha, by the way." She said in a calm voice. Two panicked people couldn't be good for the situation. On the outside Ausha was being calm but on the inside, she felt like she was going to have a heart attack with as much anxiety she was having.

Ausha motioned him to sit on the steps and she sat beside him. What do you say to a man who has seen his girlfriend's corpse? She took a deep breath and took the guy's hand, hoping it would comfort him. Words wouldn't help, in fact they could make things worse. So she rubbed his hand with her's and waited for the ambulance and police to come.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Max was shaking far too hard when the girl called the police and told them about Jennette's murder. He exhaled slowly and the girl took him to the stairs. "Max," he said with a shaky breath. "Maximillion Baker. Soon-to-be fiance of Jennette Lowski. But Jenny is dead."
Max turned away from Ausha and started panting. "She was raped," Max informed. "How am I supposed to go in there and see her dead body, her naked dead body, in a giant pool of her own blood?" He was talking to himself, not paying attention to the girl beside him. "Jennette Lowski, I've watched you with a smile on my face every single day of my life since that glorious day. It was September 3rd, your first day of a new high school. You were gorgeous with your natural wave to your hair and your beautiful blue eyes. You were wearing a blue polo shirt tucked neatly in a black skirt and your hair, a bronze colour, was tucked neatly behind your ear. That was the first day I saw you. That was the day I knew I'd never be the same man again."
Max choked on a sob, finally letting his tears fall. "It's been years since we were juniors in high school, disobeying the rules and plainly being teenagers. It's been years, but it feels like forever. Jennette, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have you forever, even though we both know forever will never be long enough."
Max fell off the steps, landing onto his knees. "Jennette Lowski, will you please marry me?"
Max hid his face from Ausha. "Do you know how long it took me to come up with that? And for what? To find her dead? To find her...raped?"
He burst into tears, not caring that Ausha was watching him. The last time he had ever cried was when he was six and now he was twenty-two. Every last tear he had been keeping inside him for sixteen years rolled out of him.

CuteLilRedhead
09-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Ausha rubbed his back. She was silent. What could she say? This man had lost the love of his life to a rapist. Tear began to weld up in her eyes at the tragic scene. He was sobbing after his beautiful speech to Jennette. She left a tear fall but she was interrupted by the police sirens. She stood up and wiped the tears. Today was a hell of a day...

The police car stopped in front of them and the sheriff got out with a not pad. "I'm Office O'Brain and this is my deputy Officer McKinley." He introduced. "Now lets skip straight to business. Who found her?" He asked abruptly. He looked at Max. "I'm guessing you did." He said before anyone could answer.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Max stood before the officer. He dried his tears and nodded. "Yes sir, she was supposed to meet at my house today at eight. I was gonna propose to her. And Jenny isn't one to be late so I got worried. I came here and let myself in with the spare key. And then...then..."
Max turned away so he could stifle a sob. He cleared his throat. "Jennette is in her bedroom. She has a shirt on buy nothing past her waist. And she has..."
Max stared right at Ausha. "Go look at her," he said, his voice shaking.
His head dropped, showing only his jet black hair. "Thank you, Ausha."

Images of Jennette kept coming back to Max's mind. He had left his family to live in the same city as Jenny. Now that she was dead what was he to do?
He needed a better job; a cashier wasn't going to cut it. He didn't want a new job.
Max wanted Jennette.

CuteLilRedhead
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Auhsa nodded when he addressed him. She took out a card and gave it to him. "If you need anything at all, call me anytime and I'll come okay? But lets go to my place for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, alright?" She looked at Max. "Unless you don't want to."

"Before you head out I'll need both of you to stay in town and to give me your numbers." Ausha gave him a card as well and looked at Max.

Ashen
09-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Max nodded a thanks towards Ausha and stared down at her card. "I'd love to," he said although he sounded anything but excited. He turned to O'Brian. "My number," he murmured. "I don't.. My phone..."
Max stared at Jenny's house. His cell phone was still in there, next to his dead girlfriend's body. "It's in...keep it; I don't want it. My home phone..." Max sighed and gave him his home phone number. "I won't be there for a while. If you need me you should probably check..." Max hesitated before saying Quiana's, the local bar. When was the last time he had ever been out drinking?
He turned back to Ausha. "I really...thanks."

CuteLilRedhead
09-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Ausha frowned and decided he wasn't in a good state to be left alone. "I'll walk with you to Quiana's." She said. O'Brian left them leave and went back to the crime scene.

As they walked Ausha was silent. Until they reached the door and the bouncer checked them for IDs. "So what do you do for a living?" She asked Max as they walked in.

Ashen
09-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Max stared at the big doors to the bar. He hated this place; he didn't know why he was here.
Oh yeah.
Max searched his pockets for identification but he couldn't find any. He figured it didn't matter; he didn't look like a teenager anyway.
Max sat himself down at a stool and held his head in his hands. "I was going to go to school and maybe become a doctor, a lawyer, some great paying job. But now I won't be able to find the money for school. So I work at Shop Rite."
Working at a supermarket was sad enough as it was, but now he needed to live off that $7.25 an hour.
Max ordered a glass of the most expensive drink they had and turned towards Ausha. "How about you?" His eyes went blank as he said, "Oh jeez, I just ripped you off the street. I-I you... You don't have to stay here. I mean, if you don't want to... Ma'am."

CuteLilRedhead
09-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Ausha shivered at the word "ma'am".

"No, no. I want to stay. I work for the law firm on 80th and German Street. I'm an assistant to three of the big lawyers." She ordered a glass of water. When the bartender rolled his eyes Ausha glared at him. Well someone isn't getting a tip from her. "you can always fin d scholarships," She added.

Ashen
09-11-2011, 12:41 AM
"Scholarships," Max repeated, turning the word over in his mouth. "I would have to be smart to get one of those, right?"
He sounded like an idiot, asking stupid questions. This girl was obviously smart; she worked for lawyers.
"If that's the case I'm not getting any. In school I was satisfied with a 60%. I figured it could always be worse."
Max's face lost its expression. It could always be worse.
What is worse than losing the girl you were going to propose to, and to a rapist on top of that?
"Scholarships," Max said again, sadly. "That's not happening."

CuteLilRedhead
09-11-2011, 04:09 AM
"No, you don't have to be smart. There are all kinds of scholarships. There's photography or video making. Short essays. There are so so so so so many." Ausha tried to explain but she knew that it was going through one ear and out the other.

As the night progressed and Max drank more. She paid the tab and left a lousy tip for the guy's attitude towards her. She called a cab to take them to her place. When she said he wasn't being left alone, she wasn't kidding. "Max, you are going to sleep on the couch." Ausha explained as she went into the closet to get a blanket. "Is there anything from your house that you need? Like an inhaler. Or do you have a pet or something?" She asked him hoping he wasn't too intoxicated to answer her.

Ashen
09-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Max was nearly falling asleep at the bar and was grateful when Ausha got up to leave. He didn't like that she payed for the bill but he didn't have any money on him anyway.
When in the cab, Max's head drooped. The cab pulled to a stop and Max stumbled out and into Ausha's house.
He collapsed onto the couch, not able to see straight at all. "Inhaler," he said slowly. "No, I don't have diabetes."
Max shook his head. "Diabetes doesn't need an inhaler," he said, more to himself then to Ausha. "Inhalers are for cancer."
His eyes drifted shut until Ausha mentioned a pet. Max shot up. "Oh dammit," he murmured. "Ferdinand, he's my dog. He's gonna be pissing..."
Max once again collapsed on the couch, both from his drunk state and his exhaustion. He started to snore softly.

CuteLilRedhead
09-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Well then I guess he's going to go to the bathroom in his house. She wasn't going to disturb Max. She put a blanket over him as Winney gave her a irritated look. Winney didn't like guests. "Oh, hush you." Ausha whispered and went into the kitchen to get Winney some food.

Ausha yawned and went into her bedroom to change into some Pjs. SHe realized then that she only had 'sexy' PJs. Like large shirt and practically see through night gowns. She sighed and closed her bedroom door. This was a bad thing in the making.... She put on a large T-shirt that fell of her shoulder and crawled into bed. Winney followed after her and jumped on the bed.

Ausha's bedroom door was broken, so it didn't close all the way which made it possible for Winney to move in and out of the room at her will. Ausha checked her alarm and shut her eyes though she was sure she wasn't going to be able to sleep.

Her apartment was a one bed one bath. The kitchen was small and it sort of resembled the apartments in Friends, only smaller.

Ashen
09-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Max shot up and looked around him, taking everything in. He didn't know where he was for a minute but a sharp pain in his side reminded him of the previous day's events.
He rolled off the couch and creeped around until he found a bedroom. Considering it was the only bedroom he had passed, Max assumed it was Ausha's and avoided it.
He wandered into the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. He was too pale; was that what alcohol did to you? Max couldn't remember he last time he was drunk. He couldn't even tell if that's what gave him the pain in his side, but he assumed it did.
Max walked into the kitchen and stared at the clock on the wall. It was two in the morning if he was reading that correctly.
He couldn't just leave at this hour, could he? In this state, he wouldn't even be able to find his way home.
Max walked back to the couch and fell onto it. He'd wait until atleast dawn.
Then he'd leave.

CuteLilRedhead
09-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Winney walked into the living room and looked at the stranger. She meowed loudly and jumped onto him. She sniffed him then meowed again.

"Winney!!" Ausha whisper yelled. "Get in here now!" She whispered as the cat jumped down and walked into the bedroom. Ausha rolled her eyes at the cat. "Ms. Nosey." She picked up the cat and set her on the bed. Ausha went to the window and opened it. She looked down and saw a man looking anxious and fidgety. She thought abut calling the police but she figured the man was just lost. She went back to her bed and decided since she couldn't sleep she would read.

She took out her book and turned on the lamp by her bed and started to read. Winney kept meowing at the window but Ausha wasn't paying attention. A shadow passed her window but again, Ausha was too lost in her book to notice.

Ashen
09-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Max couldn't go to sleep.
He lay there on the couch tossing and turning but he couldn't count enough sheep.
He couldn't count at all.
Max finally got annoyed and got up, going towards the door. He looked at the clock again-an hour had passed-and he left Ausha's house. He wanted to thank her but he couldn't go to sleep and he needed to get home to Ferdinand.
That's what he told himself anyway.
Max stared at the street sign but the letters blurred, forming a giant eight. He didn't recognize the place either so he was officially lost.

CuteLilRedhead
09-11-2011, 05:04 AM
When Ausha heard her door shut she shot up and ran into the living room to find Max gone. She went into the bathroom and grabbed her robe and ran out the door. "Max?" she yelled when she got outside. She looked around and saw him. She ran after him, stepping on a piece of glass for her troubles. "Ow, shit." She muttered.

When she reached him she stood in front of him. She was clearly upset. Yes, she had just met this man but she was his new friend whether he liked it or not. She crossed her arms. "I understand if you want to go home, but you are still drunk and you have no idea where I live so how do you expect to walk home?" She demanded. She knew she really had no right but she was too kind-hearted to let this man get lost while under the influence. Plus it was three in the morning...

Ashen
09-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Max stilled when Ausha stepped in front of him. She wasn't happy, that was obvious. "I was trying to get to Ferdi. And I don't need to cause you and trouble. I'm sure I'll find my way home."
He looked around but Max knew that wasn't happening anytime soon. He couldn't see a foot away from his face and since the rain had cleared he couldn't blame it on that.
"Audra," Max said, then corrected himself. "Ausha, yeah, that's it. Ausha, I thank you for your kindness and all but I'm sure I can make it from here on out."
A yawn escaped Max's mouth which brought weak tears to his eyes. "I can..." Max started but it was pointless. He wasn't going to make it home like this and he and Ausha both knew it.

CuteLilRedhead
09-11-2011, 05:20 AM
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." she grabbed his arm gently and led him back up to the apartment. "Here, maybe you can sleep better on the bed." She said once they were inside. She walked into her room and picked up a few things and placed them in her closet. She went back to Max and led him to the bed. "Make yourself comfortable. Oh, and there is a waste basket right here, in case you feel a little sick." Ausha smiled and walked to the doorway. "In the morning, I will call you a cab to take you home. Ok?" She asked though he really didn't have a choice.

Ashen
09-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Max stared at the bed. "I'm not tired," he mumbled but he was exhausted.
He just couldn't sleep. "And I feel wrong sleeping on a woman's bed anyway."
Even so, Max sat himself on the bed. "What about you?" he said, looking up into Ausha's eyes. "You have a busy job I'm sure. You need more rest then me. And besides, I have off tomor-"
Max cut himself off, realising he was wrong. He had had off yesterday, the day of his proposal.
He had work in six hours.
Max shook his head slowly. "I'll be fine," he murmured, although he doubted this.

CuteLilRedhead
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
"Max. Let me help you." Ausha said and smiled kindly. "The restroom is right next door to your left and feel free to have anything in the kitchen. The cab will be here at 7:00am and it will already be paid for so don't worry about that. Just tell him where to go and he'll take you." She said and shut the door. "Oh, and I'll have another copy of my card on the coffee machine, just in case. Goodnight Max." She said before going to the couch and laying down.

Ashen
09-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Max didn't want to be here.
He wanted to be curled up with Jennette. His eyes dimmed as he realised he'd never have that opportunity again.
Max lay on the bed with his eyes wide open. There was no way he was going to work today. He couldn't even see straight, let alone add up all those numbers.
He wandered into the bathroom and turned on the water in the tub. He turned it into a shower and took off his clothes before stepping in.
The burning hot water trickled down his body, burning his skin. At this point, Max really didn't care.
The water caught on the edge of his ebony hair like dew, drops that had yet to fall. He closed his eyes and started to hum a lullaby.
When Max was done he stepped out of the shower. He didn't bother wrapping a towel around himself, he just sat on the toilet seat, lost in thought.
Finally, naked, he fell asleep in Ausha's bathroom.

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 12:03 AM
When it was 6 Ausha got up and yawned. She slept horrible. She walked into the bathroom and gasped. "Oh goodness!" She closed her eyes. "Max?" She said going back into the living room. She took a towel from the closet and threw it into the bathroom. "Max, you should probably get dressed..." She said, blushing. She hadn't dated very much and she hadn't been with very many men.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Max got up, startled by Ausha's voice. He stared down at his bare body and his face immediately turned red.
He snacthed the towel that had fallen to the floor and wrapped it around his waist. "My god, I'm so sorry," Max said, opening the door to the bathroom. "Jesus, I guess I just kinda...fell asleep."
Max swiped at his clothes that had fallen to the floor. "All yours," he said, motioning towards the bathroom.
He ran to the living room and pulled his shirt over his head. "It's six in the morning," he moaned as he got dressed. "I wake up at quarter of eight."
He rubbed his eyes with his fists and yawned.
Today he had to go back home, once a place filled with Jenny's laughter and now an empty void.

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 12:33 AM
"It's fine. Um... There's coffee in the kitchen if you want some and the cab will be here at 7..." Her cheeks were still red as she rushed into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Her heart was pounding. Well that was awkward. She turned on the water and took off the large shirt she had on. Her shower was about 10 minutes. She got out and put her robe on. She went into her room to find something to wear. She put on a nice shirt and skirt. She put a coat on and then stepped into the living room.

"I'm sorry about that. I should have knocked or something." She blushed again.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Max looked up once Ausha had returned. "It's your house. I should have...uh, put some clothes on."
He shrugged as his face returned to a pale white. "Well, it doesn't matter. I don't care, it's not like you're going to tell everyone that you saw me naked."
He turned to the fridge but doubled over when a sharp pain hit him. "Oh damn," he moaned quietly. "Do you have Advil or something? Aleve? Something to get over these cramped muscles?"

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 12:52 AM
"Oh, of course." Ausha hurried tot he kitchen and opened a cabinet. She took the Alive and handed it to him. She looked down unsure of what to say, so she went into the bathroom and did her hair and make-up. She looked at Max again and sighed. "I need to leave but... make yourself comfortable. "I hope you feel better and I also hope this isn't the last time we see each other." She said. "I meant it when I said I'll help." She said a little shyly. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her, but she suddenly felt odd having a man in her house. Her last boyfriend was almost 3 years ago and he had this thing about coming to her house.

She grabbed her purse and gave an awkward smile. "Have a good day." Ausha said then shut the door. She stood in the hallway for a few minutes. She was leaving this man she had met practically 24 hours ago in her house alone. There was something seriously wrong with her... she wasn't acting like herself. She shook her head and began to walk down the four flights of stairs.

Once at work she went through the same routine. Getting coffee. Making appointments. Getting yelled at for no reason. She seemed drained today. Whether it was the fact that she didn't go to bed til almost four or the strange feeling in her gut that she was making a big mistake leaving him in her apartment alone.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Max loaded the pills into his mouth and swallowed them without any drink. He waited until Ausha left and leaned against the counter. He grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and scribbled MAX in scratchy letters next to his number.
Max walked to Ausha's room and looked around.
What are you doing? he asked himself.
His fingers picked up a box on Ausha's dresser and he sighed before opening it.
He could take some jewels now and have enough money to pay for a few months of Ramen noodles.
Or, he could leave now and be a good citizen.

Max got into the taxi and leaned his head against the seat. "Gardens Avenue," he told the driver although he didn't live there. He figured he could walk home from there; it was better if the driver didn't know where he lived.
Max's eyes drifted shut as the taxi drove to Gardens Avenue. When he got there he jumped out of the car and ran the rest of the way home.
Max kept thinking of how much money he would have been able to make if he took the jewlery.
Have I really stooped to theft?
Max was glad he left the gold; Ausha was too nice for Max to just take her stuff. He pulled the diamond ring out from his pocket. The diamond ring that would have been Jen's.
He'd have to sell it.
Max sighed and opened his door. "Ferdinand!" he called, but the dog didn't come. "God help me."

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 06:36 AM
The day went by and Ausha headed home. She rushed into her apartment and looked around. She checked everything, but everything was there. Silly of her to think so bad of a person... She sighed and looked at the napkin that had Max's number... She though about calling him to make sure he was okay but she didn't think it was her place. So she took out a glass of champagne and a glass. She sat on the couch and turned on some music.

She poured the champagne into the glass then reached over to play her answering machine.

"No messages"

Of course not. She'd have to have a life in order for her to have messages... She took a long drink of champagne and frowned, Having a man in her apartment was nice.. but men seemed to not like her. Or at least be attracted to her. She rolled her eyes at the thought and poured herself another drink.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 09:27 PM
"Of all places." Max shook his head. "How the hell does a two-hundred pound dog A ) get on the table and B ) take a shit on it?
Max glared at his dog. "You love to test me, don't you?"
Ferdinand wagged his tail at his owner and gave a happy bark. His brown eyes were those of a creature of innocence.
Innocence, Max thought. Jen was innocent.

Max's phone sang its melody of Beethovan's Fifth. He liked classic music even though Jen didn't but he had kept it his ringtone anyway. Jen was the only one that called him anyway, and it was ironic to hear that tune.
"Hello?" Max said into the receiver.
"Maximillion?"
Max froze. "I thought we accomplished this. It's Max-"
"Where are you?"
"Uh," Max said, looking around. "Home?"
"Why?" His boss didn't sound happy on the other line, but Max couldn't blame him. The supermarket had been understaffed ever since the McGrady's got sick.
"I'm sick," Max lied.
"Sick as Abigail? Max, you have to stop taking off. We're giving you one more chance Maxi. Then you're fired."
Max winced; he hated the name Maxi. It reminded him of feminine items, probably because that's what he was reffered to in school. His boss hung up and Max fell down onto his dining room chair. "I am sick," Max said to his dog. "Sick of losing the people I love."

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 09:35 PM
A bottle and a half later, Ausha was a little more than tipsy. She stood and walked in a semi straight line to the bathroom. She took off her business attire and turned on the hot water. She stepped into the tub and sighed. "Winney... Why does no one like me? I like me. I think I'm a decent person. I know I lie sometimes but doesn't everyone?" Ausha sat down, almost falling. The cat stood in the doorway and licked her paws.

Ausha pulled her phone out of her jacket and she had brought the napkin with Max's number on it with her. She dialed the numbers slowly. Then waited for an answer. "Maybe, I'll just check to see if he got home ok then I'll leave him alone." She said, nodding to Winifred. The cat simply walked away. "Fine, don't believe me. I'll show you." Ausha had a small slur. She was a real lightweight, which is why she didn't like drinking with others.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Max looked up when his phone rang again. "Go to freaking hell," he spat, assuming it was his boss.
Max picked up the phone and sighed. He never did look at his caller ID; why would he? Who would call him?
There was always Ausha...
"I told you I'm too sick to attend work," Max said instead of an initial "Hello."
"I will be in tomorrow, I promise. Tell Abagail I said get better. And then-"
Max stopped after his conscience told him to shut up and look at the caller ID. "This isn't Geo, is it?"
He stared down at his caller ID and didn't recognize the number. "I'm sorry, I thought this was someone else calling." Max cursed under his breath. "Let's try this again. Hello?"

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
"It's Ausha... Hi. I just wanted to see if you got home okay..." She said weakly. "I'm sorry if I interrupted anything." She said as she turned off the water. Well great. She's being an inconvenience. She should of just taken her bath and gone to bed. Who did she think she was calling him... She was cursing herself in her head. "I should just let you go..." She added after a moment's pause.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Max shook his head and then realised Ausha wouldn't have seen this action. "Ausha!" he said, a smiling crossing his face. "Thanks for calling. So you can read my hideous writing? Great, because half the time I can't accomplish that feat."
A frown tugged at his mouth as Ausha said she would let Max go. "Oh," he whispered quietly. His voice had dropped in a dramatic way, going from an excited one to that of someone who had just lost his girlfriend.
Which Max could relate to.
"Yeah, I got home fine, thanks," he said quietly. He was feeling really lonely, and knowing Ausha didn't really want to talk didn't settle well. "Maybe you'd like to come over?"
The words rushed out of his mouth before he had a chance to think against them. "If you want to I mean," he added although he knew he couldn't take the words back.
Not that he wanted to.

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Ausha's eyes lite up when he asked her to come over. SWEET! She finally had a friend. Ausha nodded quickly then realized, he couldn't see her... She blushed at her stupidity. "I would love to. What's your address?" She asked looking around frantically for a pin. She jumped out of the tub and into the kitchen, fully naked, trying not to fall on her way. She grabbed a pen and the napkin with Max's number.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Max's face lit up as he heard Ausha's excited voice. He gave up his address before realising he had given Jennette's instead of his own.
"Scratch that. 561 Lakewood Street." Max shook his head.
What is the matter with you?
"Oh, you aren't allergic to pets?" Max smacked his forehead as he remembered Ausha's cat. "I mean, you aren't scared of dogs? Big dogs?"
Max's blue eyes landed on the pile of waste sitting on his table. He ran into his kitchen and grabbed a paper towel. "I have a Rott. Big dog; you okay with that?"

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Ausha wrote down the address cause she knew she would forget it if she didn't. "I love all animals." Ausha smiled. "And besides, I'd prefer a real dog over a small yapper." She smiled at her little joke, even though it wasn't funny. "Let me just get dres.... changed and I'll be over." Ausha said. She didn't want him to know that she was in the bath. It seemed a little embarrassing for a developing friendship.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Max hesitated before grabbing the lemon scented air freshner.
Don't get the pine scented one. What's wrong with you? Do you live in the forest?
He closed his eyes, remembering the day he needed to go shopping with Jennette. Of course he followed her advice and got the lemon instead. He had payed for it, but he still felt weird using it.
In his eyes, it was hers.

Max stared at his now spotless house. It was amazing what one guy could accomplish when he wanted to impress.
Although it was hard to impress a girl who found you crying like a little girl.
Max straightened himself. "Sit," he told his dog, and Ferdi lay down on his dog bed.
Close enough.

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Ausha stood in front of her closet for a good ten minutes... What the hell am I supposed to wear?!?! She finally decided on a pair of jeans and a purple tank top with a vest over it. She gave Winney her food and grabbed the napkin with max's number and address on it.

When she finally got there, she realized she was still tipsy. Damn it... She reached in her purse and got a breath mint out and some fruit smelling perfume. Her hair was in a pony tail. She rang the doorbell to Max's house.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 11:18 PM
When the doorbell sounded Ferdinand was up in seconds and barking.
Should have told her not to ring.
Max ran to the door. He had changed into a dark green T and some jeans. His converse were the same colour as his hair, a dark black.
Max smoothed his hair back and opened the door. "Hey," he said, his eyes drifting south to look at her outfit.
Should he have dressed up too?
"Come in." Max stepped out of the way, nearly falling over his dog. "Ferdinand!" he yelled and the dog sat down, his muzzle snapped shut. "Thank you."

CuteLilRedhead
09-12-2011, 11:30 PM
When Max looked at her outfit Ausha blushed. "These is my casual clothes." She explained. She stepped through the door and looked at Ferdinand. "Hello, sweetheart. You are so handsome." She smiled and let him sniff her before she pet him on the head. She looked around and smiled. The place smelled like lemons, and she couldn't help but smile. She wasn't expecting it to smell so fruity. She looked back at Max. "I'm glad you got home ok. I was going to call sooner but I was... preoccupied." Ausha smiled. Her words were still a little off but she could still feel the buzz in the back of her head.

Ashen
09-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Casual? Max thought.
He looked at Ferdi with a warning glance as he sniffed Ausha. "Don't worry, those teeth are just for show."
Max looked up as Ausha spoke again. She said she was preoccupied, but Max wasn't concentrating on her words. He was concentrating on her breath, and the faint smell of alcohol.
Couldn't she get fired for that?
Max decided to shrug it off. It wasn't his business anyway.
"No, it's fine. I understand you're busy. Sorry for being such a bother."
Ferdinand sniffed at Ausha's hand before licking it thoroughly. Max gave an aggravated sigh. "I'm going to kill this dog one day."
Max knew he'd never be able to do that; Ferdinand Magellan Xzavier Christian the third was a present from Jennette. His crazy name of course came from multiple history text books.

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 01:20 AM
"Awe, why? He seems like a big ball of love." Ausha smiled and scratched behind his ear. "And you aren't a bother at all. I wasn't doing anything important." Ausha smiled at Max. "So, now that I'm here, have you had anything to eat today?" She asked looking towards his kitchen. She felt like his mother... Ausha looked down at the dog again.

Ashen
09-13-2011, 01:37 AM
"You have no idea," Max teased as he vigorously rubbed Ferdinand. "Once someone called here-a telemarketer-and Jennette was the one who picked up. They asked for Ferdinand because, well, Max is a dog's name. Jen actually put Ferdi on the phone."
Max turned to his phone and feigned a frown. "I wonder why they never called back..."
Max laughed and turned back to Ausha. No, he hadn't eaten a thing. He wasn't planning on eating either. "Yeah, I got McDonald's," he lied.
Ferdinand turned to face Max, a dog smile on his lips. "Where is your collar?" he asked, noticing the red necktie was missing. He found it on a counter and snapped it on his neck. "There. Now you really are Ferdinand Maggellan Xzavier Christian the Third."

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Ausha laughed at the memory he shared and knew there was many more that they had. Her heart broke for him, but she didn't show it. "Oh, yes. Nice and healthy." Ausha teased him when he said he had McDonald's. She still stood in the doorway. She was well brought up and though he invited her in she wasn't told to sit or make herself comfortable yet. "So, do you have any hobbies?" She asked trying not to leave any awkward silences. She hated those, mostly because she was already awkward therefore didn't need any help with it.

Ashen
09-13-2011, 09:25 PM
"Well," Max said, tilting his head slightly at Ausha.
Why is she standing there?
"I am originally from New York." He smiled, and then added with a New Yorker's accent, "We New Yorkers love ou' McDonald's."
He stared at Ausha, a frown on his face. "You can come in," he said. "Uh, mi casa es to? Is that how you say it?" He smiled and said, "My house is yours."
He sat on his couch and watched Ferdi yawn from his dog bed. "Sure," he answered. "I like to play Call of Duty, although once a zombie kills me I get so pissed I usually don't play the game for days." Max laughed a little, then continued. "I like to run around, which is why I got a dog. In school I played soccer, basketball, baseball, and in the summer I was on the swim team."
He flexed his muscles. "Though the last run I went for was probably a few weeks back." Max stared at Ferdi, then added, "Sorry Ferdinand."
He looked back at Ausha. "How about you?"

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Ausha smiled and went into the living room and sat on the chair. "Mi casa su casa, and thank you." She listened to him talk about his hobbies. Then when she asked her she giggled. "I played Call of Duty once and I played zombies. I think my teammates just gave up on me after awhile and made me the sacrifice." She giggled again.

"I love to write short stories and poems, I used to play baseball but work has kind of taken over my life. I was on the swim team in high school and you can still find me at the Rec Center doing a few laps here and there. I am the queen of Monopoly and Trouble." She paused to think if there was anything else. "Oh, and I volunteer at the homeless shelter and orphanage as much as I can." She added then smiled. Ausha was definitely a busy body.

Ashen
09-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Max laughed as Ausha told him about her zombie experience. "Oh my god, I did that once to someone, maybe it was you! This kid kept dying on litterally round one. Round one is pretty much a damn insta-kill. How the hell do you die there?" Max smirked, remembering the day he had been on Wi-Fi. Jen was at some meeting, who knows what that consisted of. "Actually, it was a little kid I think. Yeah, cause I talked to him with my mic. The other two guys just told me to let him die and not save him. Unless you needed the points."
Max leaned back; he could talk about this forever. It was just like Jennette, only it wasn't dead.
Max couldn't help but think that Jen would come back as a zombie. Would she haunt him? Max smiled at himself and shook his head.

"Orphanage, huh?" Max said, his eyes showing interest. "I'm never going there again. Grew up in multiple foster homes. I hated it. You couldn't make friends; you'd move soon anyway. My life was messed up until my junior year of high."
The year I met Jennette.
The year my life changed completely.

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 10:01 PM
"I am so sorry to hear that." Ausha frowned. "Well I try to make it easier for them. The older ones don't want anything to do with me but the littler ones love making nic nacs with me and cookies.' She smiled and pulled a necklace she had on out from under her shirt. "Gina, one of the girls I met when I was helping my Senior year made this for me. She told me that I was to wear it all the time so that no matter where she was she was always close to my heart." Ausha smiled and put it back. "Sappy story but I swear if I had of been old enough, I would have adopted her right on the spot." She paused for a second. "I know I'm ridiculous for wanting this but I just wish I could take all the orphans and those who are down on their luck, all the people who just need love and help them all at once." Ausha laughed at herself then shook her head. "Sorry. I'm a bit of a babbler when I met someone new."

Hence why i have no friends, no boyfriend, and no life. Hell.. my mom won't even call...

Ashen
09-13-2011, 10:13 PM
"That's a great story," Max said, his eyes sparkling with sympathy. "I never really wanted to help orphanage kids cause they are the biggest jerks ever."
Max got off of the couch and moved his pants down to show a red mark right above his thigh. "This one is from Willie when he found a match and couldn't resist the flames. Freaking psycotic pyro."
He pulled his pants back up and showed his arms. Very faint red lines still zigzagged across his wrists. "This is when Rob wanted to make me look depressed. Put me in therapy and everything."
Max sat back down and pulled his eyelid above his left eye. "I was blind out of this eye for a week after a fist fight. There's one vein that's darker and bolder than the rest."
Max let his hands fall and shrugged. "One thing I don't want is pity. It is in the past."
He let out a sigh and let his blue eyes fall to the ground. "Sure they all look cute and innocent, but no one is who they seem to be."
I know that better than anyone.

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Ausha was silent. What could she say? This was another moment... First his proposal speech, now his orphanage story.... "Well then I guess my bosses were orphans cause they are so two faced that I'm not sure how they can live with themselves." That was the only thing she could said since he said he didn't want pity. She had an idea... It was probably stupid and was going to make the situation worse but what the hell? "I have some battle scares too." She smiled, trying to lighten the mood. She pulled her pant leg up and showed a huge scare that ran from her ankle to almost her knee. "I got this beauty when I was six and ran into a pole sticking out of the ground, for five years. Cut right into me and I had to get three surgeries." She pulled her pant leg back down then stood to pull up her tank top to the middle of her back where a burn mark about the size of a tennis ball was. " I got this from my sister when she wanted to play with the hot pan on the stove. It was too big for her and I was just so happen picking up a dog toy... Dropped hot water on me and gave me a second degree burn." Ausha smiled, proud to be a klutz. "Finally," she sat down and pulled her hair up to show a cut mark on her throat, "my second boyfriend who turned out to be a sadistic rapist." That story wasn't her favorite to tell but he had shared two hard moments with her so she thought she'd make herself vulnerable to him in return.

"We were dating for a good six months when he decided he was done waiting for me to be ready. He took a knife out and told me to do as I'm told or I'll have to pay the consciences. I refused and so he cut me to prove he wasn't kidding around..." Ausha stopped there. "I'm sure you can figure out the rest." She said forcing a smile.

Ashen
09-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Max stared at Ausha's scars until she showed him the one on her neck.
...my second boyfriend who turned out to be a sadistic rapist...
Max shivered, remembering Jen's bloodied body. He just wanted to hold her again, to feel her warmth and smell her watermelon shampoo.
To feel her skin, soft as a newborn's, and to run his hands through her long, wavy brown hair.
To have her, all to himself, and not let anyone else touch her.
Max was silent, deep in his own thoughts. They seemed to be drowning him lately, to the point where he could scream and not be able to hear himself over his mind's constant reminders; warnings.
Suddenly the burn on his thigh meant nothing, the scars on his wrists blended into his skin, the damaged vein in his eye disappeared.
None of that mattered anymore.
At least he wasn't six feet under.

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Ausha realized that showing him that one was a mistake. "Shit..." She murmured. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking...." She said to Max. "I should just go. I understand if we never see each other again." she said holding back tears. She stood up and headed to the door. "Thank you for inviting me...." She stopped at the door and was about to open it when Ferdinand ran to the door to try and get out with her. Ausha was almost knocked down but she caught herself on the wall.

Ashen
09-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Max looked up swiftly and stared after Ausha. "Wait," he called, getting up and walking over to her. He sighed at his Rott and pulled him away by his collar. Max looked him straight in the eye when he said, "No."
He released his grasp on the dog and let him run over to his chew toy, a cat-shaped plush toy that Jen had bought for him.
Max looked back at Ausha. "I'm sorry, it's going to take a little getting used to. Please don't go, my only company is the same guy that eats from a bowl and pisses on my floors. No offense to him, but Ferdinand isn't great company." Max turned towards his dog. "He doesn't even know his name."
To prove his words, Max crouched down and called Ferdinand by his full name. The dog stopped gnawing for a second but then continued.
Max got up and looked back at Ausha. "Although I do admit it is a hard name. In first grade I had trouble spelling Maximillion. I can't imagine Ferdinand Mag- You get what I'm saying."
His eyes fell to the ground. He was talking to much.
"If you really have to go you can um...be off though. I'm not here to keep you from your lover or something."

CuteLilRedhead
09-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Ausha rolled her eyes. "Lover? Ha, I don't have a lover. Nor a friend. Not really a family either. I have Winney, who just wants food from me." Ausha looked down. Saying it out loud made her feel more pathetic. "I don't want to go I just don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or bring up still that makes things worse." She said. "Did I mention I am the queen of putting my foot in it as well?" She asked looking up at Max.

Ashen
09-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Max stared at Ausha. He was taking in her words carefully, and only then did he notice he had more in common with Ausha than he had originally thought.
He was a pathetic cashier at Shop Rite that had a Rottweiler with a more human name than his and was mourning his dead girlfriend.
She was a lawyer assistant or whatever and had a cat with, in his opinion, a horse's name.
But neither of them really had friends.
"I don't have any friends either," he murmured. "None that are alive anyway."
He held out his hand, slowly and unsteadily, and offered a twisted smile. "Wanna change that?"

CuteLilRedhead
09-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Ausha smiled happily, " I would!" She couldn't stop herself from hugging him. After she did it she quickly pulled away. "Sorry... My body got ahead my my mind..." She said and blushed. He was warm. She shook his hand and smiled.

Thoughts were pouring into her mind about the clique movies of two friends doing practically everything together. But then she thought about what if they did do everything together and he embarrassed her or even worse, if she embarrassed him... Then they'd never be friends again and she'd be alone again. Ausha shook her head. Alcohol did not do good things to her logic.

Ashen
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Max tensed when Ausha wrapped her arms around him. She pulled back and muttered an apology but Max was avoiding her gaze.
His last hug had been about last week, when he had told Jen he had made her favourite for dinner. Ausha felt so different, so new.
His eyes followed Ausha until they reached her face. He smiled and looked around. "Well," he said slowly. "What do you wanna do?"
Max knew everything about Jennette-from the reason she hated eggs to the way she liked her coffee to what her future children would be named-yet Jen still had a new story everyday.
He looked at Ausha now and realised she was a new start, a blank page. He knew next to nothing of her, and she knew nothing of him.
That would all change very soon.

CuteLilRedhead
09-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Ausha thought about it. "Hm.... how about we just try and get to know each other." She didn't know what friends did. When she was in high school her friends painted each others nails and talked about who slept with who. She was pretty sure he didn't want to have his nails painted and talk about who she has or has not slept with. Then in college all the girls did was party and study and the boys tried to sleep with every female thing.

Ausha went to sit back down. "I'll start I guess. I was born in Maine. I know, so exciting. My dad is a fisherman, or was a fisherman who really had the worst fishing luck ever and my mother is well... there. She never really did anything but complain about how she should have married Harrison Bradburn. My sister died when she was about fifteen when she was hit head on by a drunk driver. My brother is... well, your guess is as good as mine. He left when he was seventeen and I haven't heard or seen him since. My mother tells me all the time that she's sure he's dead." Ausha's family was... not normal at all. Her mother was never satisfied with anything anyone ever did and her father just didn't care about anything.

"I finally let when I was twenty and I swore I was never going back. When I moved her I called my mom every day and now when I call, she never answers." Ausha shrugged. "My family..." She smiled. "I went to University of Northern Colorado and hated it. People there are just... they're jerks. I guess that's just cause I don't taqke to people like normal people do. I'm like a repellent." Ausha laughed.

Ashen
09-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Max straightened his spine, not sure what to do with a friend. He had only had one friend, and Max had a feeling if he treated Ausha the way he treated Jen she'd either run away and get a restraining order or take everything the wrong way.
He crossed his ankles and just stared at the rug. Ausha went on about her family. They seemed dysfuntional, but that was more than what Max could say about his own family.
"I don't know much about my family. My mother gave me up for adoption at birth but no one wants a kid with black hair. They all fall for the blondes or the brown haired kids. There isn't really anything of importance in my life. Except for the fact that I was born in New York City." He looked up and offered a grin.
Max looked away again, his eyes moving around the room. "That is, my mother was born in Texas, who knows what my father is, and I was just shipped to New York. I think my mom was vacationing or something. Why else would she go to New York-to pop me out and never have to see me again?" Max started to play with his fingers, not wanting to look at Ausha's face. He didn't like pity-giving nor receiving. "When I got to high school I was just that one kid that didn't take life too seriously. I called my teachers a pretty array of names because it's not like I cared. I'd probably be in a new school next week anyway. That is, until I met Jenny."
Max didn't want to talk about Jen so he quickly changed the subject. "I never went to college; I never had money. Didn't bother me though. And um, I guess that sums me up."

CuteLilRedhead
09-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Ausha felt like she was doing something wrong. He wasn't looking at her. It made her feel like she was saying something wrong. "I would have adopted you." She offered when he said that the blonds and brunettes only got picked. There really wasn't anything she thought she should say so she remained quiet looking at her hands that were shaking. She knew it was this reason alone that no one liked her. She was awkward. She'd change it if she could but she really didn't know how to. She took everything the opposite way it was supposed to mean.

Ashen
09-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I would have adopted you.
The words played on repeat in Max's mind. How he had wanted to hear those words ten years ago. "Thank you," Max said, looking up at Ausha. She was playing with her hands too-had he bored her?
Max placed his hand on Ausha's waiting for her to look at him. "But it doesn't matter anymore. I'd rather have you as a friend than a mom."
He offered a lopsided smile and stared down at his hand on hers.

CuteLilRedhead
09-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Ausha looked at him when he placed his hand on hers. She smiled when he said he'd rather have her as a friend then a mom. "Good cause I'd make a bad mom." She laughed and squeezed his hand. "So, what would you like to do?"

Ashen
09-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Max's smile disappeared. "I'm sure you'd make a wonderful mother," he said.
He pulled his hand away and stood from the couch. "My Xbox is downstairs. Do you want to play some C-O-D? I'll go easy on you, promise. Or if you want we could do a team deathmatch and be on the same team."
He remembered that Ausha had said she was bad at the game. That was okay; Max would just put the computer characters on easy.
Or he could watch Ausha struggle terribly, which would probably be more fun.

CuteLilRedhead
09-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Ausha gasped with excitement! "Yes, I want to try zombies! I'll try not to suck too bad." Ausha smiled and stood. "Oh, can I have some water first? I can't get killed by zombies while dehydrated." Ausha smiled.

Ashen
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Max smirked and went into his kitchen. He took out a water bottle and tossed it to Ausha. "I can never kill zombies on an empty stomach. Do you want some popcorn?"
He didn't wait for an answer; the bag of cheese popcorn was already in his hands.
"Alright, let's kick some zombie ass."
He wandered down the stairs. The basement was pretty small with plain white walls. Photographs hung on the walls, pictures of Max and Jen. Max flinched when he saw them but he continued to the TV. He pushed his Xbox on and booted up the game. "Okay, so here's how I roll: We will NOT open any doors until I say it's okay, got it? And don't buy that piece of shit gun at the begining. If you're out of amo, tell me and I will save you."
Max could get bossy in Call of Duty, it was the one thing he could have total control over. "And I usually do the Nazi Mansion cause the other boards suck."

CuteLilRedhead
09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Ausha nodded at his instructions and grinned. "Don't open doors. Let you know when I am out of ammo, and no shit gun." Ausha nodded. "Wait, if I have no gun how do I kill?" she asked looking at Max confused. Yup, it was obvious she wasn't a big Zombies gal. She took her water and took a big drink then ate some popcorn.

When the game started she ran to the window and waited for zombies to come. "Psst.. Max... I know I don't know a lot about this game but I do know that this gun isn't going to do shit to the zombies." She whispered to him.

(Just for the record I am a zombie killing machine in real life)

Ashen
09-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Max waved Ausha off as zombies started to come to his window. "It's the first round. You put about three bullets into a zombie and then knife them. You get a lot of points for that. When your ammo runs just bring out your kni-son of a bitch."
Max pulled away from the zombie that had appeared out of nowhere. He ran up to him and knifed him even after he had fallen.
"Where was I? Oh look; it's round two."

Max took aim at a zombie dog on round six when he heard a knock at his door. He instinctively began to say he was playing Black Ops when he remembered it wouldn't be Jen.
"I'll be back," Max said as he put thr game on pause. He walked up the stairs and opened the door to a police officer. "Hey there Officer-"
"You're under arrest," the officer interrupted, wrapping metal bands around Max's arms.
"What the hell for?" Max asked, strugglig against the silver bracelets.
"Maximillion Baker, you are under arrest for the murder of Jennette Lowski."

CuteLilRedhead
09-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Ausha heard what happened and ran up the stairs. "What? Why the hell would he demand I call you when he killed her?" Ausha shot. "And you didn't even call me in to get my story! You are doing this all wrong!!!!" She yelled at the officer.

"Ma'am, I suggest you back off or I'll arrest you for assaulting an officer." The officer said as they began to take Max away.

"You will not get away with this, I can guarantee it!" Ausha yelled as they walked away. "Don't worry Max, I know people!" She yelled and thought it sounded silly but it was true. She shut the door and looked around. Ferdinand was looking at her with a confused look. Ausha took out her phone and dialed the local news. "Hey Tim, it's Ausha. How would you like a juicy story of cruel injustice?" Ausha asked. Being a lawyers assistant had its perks like knowing people in the media and knowing some good lawyers who owed her favors. So Max now had a free lawyer. A damn good lawyer.

She looked at the dog again and looked for food to give him before she went to the police station.

Once there she ran to find Max and yelled to him, "DO NOT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL I TALK TO YOUR LAWYER!" He was all the way across the room so she had to make sure he heard. The outbreak landed her to be kicked out of the police station but at least now he knew she was getting him a lawyer. She took out her phone again and called the lawyer. "Henry? Ausha. I need a favor. Meet me at the downtown police station as soon as you can. Ok. Bye." She said and scowled at the police station. She was not going to lose her friend.

Ashen
09-18-2011, 01:23 PM
"Officer, I told you I did not kill my-"
"Can it Max," the officer shot, glaring at him. "Put these on. Now." He tossed him some orange overalls.
Max stared down at them with a look of pure hatred. "I did not kill Jenny. I loved her. Maybe you guys should stop wasting time playing with me and go find the real crook."
"You didn't kill her, huh?" the officer asked, leaning closer to Max. "That's pretty funny actually, because your semen was all over her."
Max's eyes widened. "No shit," he murmured. "We weren't exactly virgins you know. For God's sake I was going to propose to her!"
"That's what we thought. That is, until we found your blood on her and your skin under her fingernails. Now put the damn clothes on."

Sixty-four. That's how many scratched were on the wall. Max knew; he had counted them over and over. There was nothing else to do.
He was placed in an intimidating cell for killing the love of his life.
He didn't do it.
Max held his head in his hands. Staring down at himself he saw the orange on him made him seem like a murderer.
But then again, that's what they all thought already.
Max looked up when he heard Ausha. She said she'd get him a lawyer.
He didn't need a lawyer. He was innocent.

CuteLilRedhead
09-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Henry came up the steps and looked at Ausha.
"So." He said looking her dead in the eye.
"My friend is being accused of a murder he did not commit. His name is Max. Maximillion Baker." Ausha said. She remembered his name from the night he approached her with the news of Jenny.
"What? No hello kiss?" Henry asked with a grin.
Ausha slapped him. "I am being serious and i will only say this once. If I knew a better lawyer I would have called them and since you owe me for doing three of YOUR case preps, this is about him and I swear if you mess this up I will have you fired." Ausha all but yelled. "Call me when you're done here and have everything you need from him." She said and began to walk away.
Henry grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Ausha, I'm sorry."
Ausha looked at him, "Yeah, me too. That I ever thought you were the one." She tried to pull away but Henry kept her in a tight grip.
"Have dinner with me tomorrow." He demanded though it was him asking.
"Burn in Hell." Ausha said and kicked him in the knee so he would let go of her.

If she was allowed to see Max she would have walked in there and introduced Henry to him but she knew the police wouldn't allow it. She walked away as Henry went in the doors. She walked home that night. The whole 13 blocks. When she got to her apartment she went inside and pet Winifred while she got her some more water. Her first friend since college and he's in jail for murder... What a fantastic new start. With a sigh she sat in front of her laptop and continued to work on her project until Henry would call.

Ashen
09-19-2011, 07:43 PM
"Sixty-one," Max murmured, counting the scratches yet again. "Oh goddamn Max. What have you gotten yourself into?"
He was pacing across his cell immpatiently. He didn't belong here.
He was as innocent as Mother Teresa. So why didn't they believe him?
"Baker!"
Max looked up with a frown. They were going to torture him again-he knew it.
Max rose and stared out of his cell. A police officer came to fetch him, mumbling something about a lawyer. He led him into a room that reminded him of Law & Order episodes. When he saw a man across from him Max assumed it was the lawyer Ausha was talking about. He racked his mind for what kind of questions lawyers asked. His only references were reruns of Law & Order and Cold Case and even Jennette's rambling about novels from her favourite author, Jodi Picoult.
"You want me to state my name and adress for the record," Max said slowly. "Maximillion V. Baker. 561 Lakewood Street." He wasn't sure what else he was supposed to state. He looked his lawyer square in the eye and said, "I did not kill my girlfriend."

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 12:58 AM
"That's good to know." Henry said looking at the officer. "You can leave now." He said with an attitude. The officer scowled and left. "Just tell me what happened the night of Jennette's murder and we'll go from there." Henry said picking up a pencil to take notes.

After Max told him everything Henry nodded and scratched his head. "Well, we do have a claim if you have someone to confirm that you were not there at the time of the murder. Do you have a person who can say you weren't there?" Henry asked.
"If not then it will make things a little harder but thankfully for you I am a damn good lawyer." Henry smirked but then looked at Max with a serious look, waiting for his answer.

Meanwhile, Ausha was dozing off in front of her laptop. Winifred was walking around the house looking for a comfortable spot to lay down. Ausha's head hit the keyboard and she shot awake. She rubbed her eyes as chills ran up her spine. Something was wrong... she felt like there was someone watching her... she looked around the room but there was nothing there that she could see. Everything was in it's normal spot. Maybe she was just freaking out because of Jenny being home alone when... it happened.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Max smashed his head against the table below him. He sighed and looked up. "Jen was my only friend. I didn't have family. My only other company was Ferrinand."
He stared down at his clothes, a bright orange. Max looked up and added, "Ferdi is my Rottweiler."
He started playing with his fingers slowly. "Henry," he muttered. His blue eyes caught on his. "Can I call you that? Look, why don't you look at Jenny's phone? It's always in her-"
In her pants, which were not on her-or anywhere near her-when Max found her. He gulped. "Can I at least get bail? How does that work? Someone dishes out money as long as I promise to show up at court, right?"
Max's elbows pushed into the table as his forehead rested at his fingertips. "You believe me, don't you?" He looked up, revealing tears in his eyes.
"You believe me when I say I didn't rape or kill Jennette."

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Henry looked at Max, "Mr. Baker, if I believed all of my clients then I would be out of a job. And there isn't any bail for murder." Henry packed up his stuff. "I will have too look at the evidence found at the crime scene but for now, you wait to hear from me. If anything happens in hear let me know and I can have you transferred to another facility, okay? Okay. I have to leave now. Have a nice night, Mr. Baker." Henry stood and headed to the door.

Henry looked at the officer and gave an evil look. "You and your men will not harm my client again." Henry threatened. Being in this business long enough can make things like small bruises more enlightening then the officers thought. Henry called a cab and was headed to Ausha's house.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Max held his breath to prevent himself from sobbing. Henry didn't believe him.
No one would believe him. No one believed the foster kid.
He was escorted back into his cell, the same cell with the dirty sheets and the sixty-four scratches. When he got there he collapsed to the ground.
He wanted to get out of this place. He wanted to run through a grassy field with the sun beaming, he wanted to go for a swim and feel the water surround him.
He wanted Jennette Lowski, in all her beauty.
Tears streamed down Max's face. There isn't any bail for murder. Henry's words echoed over and over.
The part about no bail didn't bother him.
Not as much as the part where he called him a murderer.

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Ausha's paranoia got the best of her and she went to the kitchen to get a knife. She walked around the house flipping on all the lights expecting the worst. The knock at the door made her scream. She put a hand over her mouth and sussed under her breath. She walked to the door and peaked in the peep hole. It was Henry.... She rolled her eyes as she opened the door. "Henry I told you to call not show up to my apartment unannounced."

"I couldn't resist seeing you again." Henry smiled.

Ausha was really not in the mood for this. "So is Max ok?" She asked.

"Well things aren't in his favor, but I can get him off." Henry grinned. "Do I get a reward?" He asked looking Ausha up and down, pausing at her bosom momentarily.

"Yes... Your job." Ausha slammed the door in his face and walked back to the couch. Only she forgot to lock the door and Henry just let himself in.

"Um, I can have you arrested for entering my home uninvited." Ausha growled at him but he kept coming towards her. Ausha pulled out the knife. 'Henry. Get the fuck out of my house." Ausha demanded.

The knife made Henry stop in his tracks. "Are you threatening me?" He asked.

"Consider it a friendly warning to get out before I use this." She said. Henry left but wasn't happy.

The next day Ausha took off work to go see Max. The officer called Max again. This time he was hand cuffed to the chair. Ausha looked bad. The circles under her eyes were darker and she looked pale. She stood when Max came in. "Max!" She forced a smile.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Max was forced awake by another officer who called his name.
He hadn't really been sleeping exactly. He couldn't sleep, not with knowing what he knew. He had been up all night and he was exhausted.
When he saw Ausha his face immediately lit up. He ran to her but the cop just slammed him on the chair. "No touching," he barked.
Max glared at him and looked back to Ausha. "I can't live in here Ausha. I have no freedom."
It's jail, he told himself.
"Who will feed Ferdi? Who will keep him from turning my house upside down?"
Max's eyes welled with more tears. "My God Ausha. Why won't anyone believe me when I say I didn't kill her? I loved her. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my goddamn life with her."
He let his head hang, unable to support himself. He looked away so Ausha wouldn't have to see his crystal tears.

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Ausha teared up at his words. " I believe you. And until you get out Ferdinand can stay at my house." Ausha said reaching across the table but stopped short at the officer slamming her hand down.
"No touching." He said again.
Ausha took her hand back and held it to her. That had hurt but she didn't say a word.
"I'm sorry that this is happening to you, Max." She said wishing he would look at her so he knew she was serious.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 02:06 AM
I believe you.
Those three words, falling gently from Ausha's lips, dried Max's tears. He looked up, a sad attempt at a smile on his face. "You believe me?" he asked for reassurance. "Ausha...I don't know what to say."
He didn't bother mentioning that Ferdi wouldn't take well to her cat or the fact that he hated pity.
That didn't matter right now.
All that mattered was that Ausha believed him.
And that meant the world.

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 02:14 AM
"Of course I believe you." Ausha smiled, she kind of chuckled that he didn't believe her. "And I will fight for you with every fiber of my being." Ausha smiled again. It was true. She just met him but she knew he was innocent. You cannot fake the tears he shed that night.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Max looked away, suddenly embarrassed by his tears. "I usually don't cry," he muttered, straightening himself. "I haven't cried since I left the damn orphange. I don't know what's wrong with me, Ausha."
He stared back at her, his eyes shining. "What if I don't make it?" he murmured. "What if they find me guilty? How are they even accusing me when I..."
Max held his breath until the feeling to sob left. "What'll happen if they don't believe me?"

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Ausha didn't know. "Then... I'll fight every day to get you out until they do let you free." She said. "I promise I will not let them get away with this." She said to him. Before the guards could stop her she hugged Max.

The officer pulled her off. "Try that again and I'll lock you up for disobeying a federal officer." He growled.

Ausha glared at him but nodded. "I brought you some food. I have the ingredients for a turkey sandwich with some apple slices and a piece of cake. I know it's silly but I know that the food here can't be the best." She smiled and brought up the bag for the guard to check.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Max hugged Ausha back just before the officer pushed her away. He sighed, knowing this would be-if they found him guilty-the rest of his life. "Thank you," he muttered as Ausha brought out the food. "Oh God thank you."
He rested his head against the table, deep in thought. A thought occurred to him and his head shot up. "Ausha!" he said gleefully. "I got it. On the day Jen was...On the day Jenny died I was at home. I can prove this. Tell the cops to go to my computer and check my site history. The log keeps the times. If I really did...that...to Jennette I would have never made it home in time to check my email."
It wasn't much to go on and Max knew it. Still, it was better than nothing.
And that computer log might be the difference between imprisonment and liberation.

CuteLilRedhead
09-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Ausha smiled and jumped out of her chair. Once the officer was done with the bag she placed it in front of Max. "I'll be back." She said excitedly and ran out the door. She called Henry cause it was better coming from lawyer than an assistant. "Tell them to check his email." She said once he said hello.

"I'm a little-"

"Do it, Henry!" Ausha yelled and hung up. She really hated him. She took a taxi to Max's house to get Ferdinand. She couldn't find a leash so she just held on tight to his collar. "Okay. We're going to my house. Please, do not kill me on the way there." Ausha said to the dog before opening the door all but being dragged down the stairs. She finally got the dog in a cab and to her house. Ausha had grabbed food from Max's place and fed both animals.

"Winny, play nice with Ferdinand. Ferdinand, don't eat anything..." She said to both of them. She hesitated as she looked at Ferdinand. "Please, please, please, don't eat anything." She said again then left to meet Henry at the station.

Ashen
09-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Max smiled at himself, grateful he could provide at least that bit of information. He dug into the bag and pulled out a slice of turkey. He didn't even care about the bread, he just savored the single slice of meat.

Max was escorted back to his cell, clutching the food to his chest. The officer had told him he couldn't keep the bag-suicide hazard-but Max didn't care. He wasn't planning on killing himself.
Not yet anyway.

Ferdinand looked at his new surroundings, stopping on the cat in the middle of the room. He growled at it but he wouldn't go after it; he was trained better.
Ferdi found his way to Winny's litter box and sniffed at it. It smelled like cat piss and Ferdi wouldn't have that.
He urinated all over the box and finally laid down on the couch.

CuteLilRedhead
09-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Ausha met up with Henry again and he looked less than pleased about the happy news. " I told the police and they are looking into it." He said with a sigh.
"You should be happy that you're going to win another case." Ausha said confused by his reaction.
"Yeah, a case that would have got me a shit ton of money when I won it." Henry said calculating the cost in his head.
Ausha rolled her eyes. "When is his trial?"
"A few days..." He said passively.
"You will win, right?" she asked concerned.
Henry scoffed. "Of course I will win the case. I'm Henry Batterfield."

Ausha left Henry to talk to the police and went to see Max again. "Hey, stranger. Henry said your trial is coming up in a few days. Then you'll be able to go back home with Ferdinand." She smiled, though it was forced. She had a bad feeling in her gut.

Ashen
09-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Max was awoken by an officer that had been jabbing his side. "If you don't get up we'll tell her to leave," he growled as if this wasn't the first warning. Max was up in seconds and racing to the visitation room. His face instantly lit up when he saw Ausha. He wondered how long Ausha had been waiting for him.
Max had been having a nightmare. He was found guilty of Jen's murder and sentenced to Death Row. Maybe this wouldn't have been so bad if Ausha hadn't been his exucutor. The last thing Max remembered was Ausha's face, her smile, as she sent poisons through his body.
Max's crystal eyes scanned Ausha. She didn't have the same look in her eyes. This one was much different.
And this one was real.
"How is my Ferdi?" he asked as he took a seat across from her. "He isn't trouble I hope. He looks mean but the guy has a big heart. Trust me."
Max had to wince at his last words as if they pained him. Ausha had told him she believed him.
But Max couldn't say he believed Ausha.

CuteLilRedhead
09-23-2011, 03:42 AM
"Oh he's great. Just... big." Ausha giggled. "I love animals and he was licking me all the way to my house, so him and I are good friends." She smiled.

She paused. "Oh! I have great news! Henry told me he's certain you'll be found innocent. Though the trail isn't valid since it's obvious you wouldn't do it, but the justice system is flawed and sometimes moronic. Anyway, so you're trail is in a few days." She smiled. "Soon you will be at home with Ferdinand." She smiled happily.

She looked down at her hands. "Max... I'm sorry this has happened to you. I really do believe you are innocent. In fact, if I could bet my life on it I would but a life in the legal system doesn't matter. It's the crime." Ausha didn't look up. She didn't want to see him in that God awful orange jumper that made him look like a murderer. She knew he wasn't. If they were there the night he stopped her, they would have seen it. It was as clear as day... if only they had looked in his eyes.

Ashen
09-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Max smirked a little. "A few days? That's great. Finally I can get out of this hellhole."
He stared down and ran his fingers through his jet black hair. Just a few more days and he'd be a free man again.
He wouldn't have a wife, like he thought he would, but he'd be free.
Still, the memories wouldn't fade.

"So it's almost definite that I'll win?" Max asked, looking up at Ausha. "There's no chance I'll stay here past my trial. Wow, I can't believe it. Ausha, can I ask you for one favour? That's all I need, just one."
Max stared towards the hallway. At the end of that hallway was a door.
Behind that door was the blue skies and the green grass that everyone took for granted.
The same blue skies and green grass Max couldn't wait to see.
"Ausha, I'm asking that you go outside and walk through a patch of grass. I want you to bend down and rip a handful of grass and bring it to me. I want to feel the grass beneath my feet."

CuteLilRedhead
09-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Ausha raised an eyebrow, though she just stood up and went outside and took up as much grass as she could carry and brought it back to Max. The guard got his feathers ruffled but said nothing. It wasn't worth it.

"Here you are." she said handing it all to Max. "Is there anything else you want?" she asked with a smile.

Ashen
09-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Max rose as Ausha walked back, a giant smile on his face. He grabbed the grass gently as if taking it with any more force would break the beautiful strands.
He balled his fist, the grass bending to fit his hand. "That is all," he said solemnly.
When he opened his fingers again, the grass had a crease from where his hand shaped it. He pulled one strand from his hand and pressed it to his lips.
When he blew, a harmonic sound came from the blade. He played a slow tune. As he did he swayed gently. Max got so into his song all the other strands of grass fell from his hand as he concentrated on his grass whistle. When he pushed the grass away and opened his eyes he smiled, a little embarrassed. "The New World: Mozart Piano Concerto Number 23." He blushed a little. "Jen hated classic music."

CuteLilRedhead
09-27-2011, 03:42 PM
"That was beautiful." Ausha said amazed that that came from one piece of grass.

At that moment Henry walked in and looked at Ausha then Max. "Um... Ausha? May I talk to Max about the trial?" He asked then noticed the grass. "What the hell...? You know what, I don't even care." He shooed Ausha out of the room then talked to Max about how the computer saved him and that all he needed was a statement from him and Ausha and that he needed to bring in the computer and Max should be off.

Henry pulled put papers. "Just do me a favor and write down your statement to that night. I know you wrote one out to the police but I would like to take one for my records."Henry said giving a pen to Max.

Ashen
09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Max stuffed the piece of grass into his thigh before he remembered he wasn't allowed any pockets. He clutched the grass and stared at Henry. "How many times..." he muttered quietly. Max grabbed the pen from Henry and clicked it a few times. He finally laid the paper against the table and started to write up the story he'd never forget.

When he finished, Max leaned back and stared up at Henry. "So they found the emails," Max said slowly, tasting the words. "They can stop bothering me now? It's all over."
He couldn't control the smile on his face. Max rose and ran up to Henry. He squeezed him tight against his chest before an officer pulled him away. "No touching," he said between gritted teeth.
"Thank you," Max said to Henry, stepping away as his cheeks coloured.

CuteLilRedhead
09-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Henry stood there for a moment after the embrace. "Um... Don't thank me, Ausha is the one who got me to do this. But you're welcome nonetheless." Henry said brushing off his suit. He took Max's statement and placed it in his suitcase. I will be here before your trial to go over what to expect. The evidence you gave is sure to set you free and I will ask Ausha to be here as well so she will know what to expect." he said casually. "Unless you have any questions or concerns, I will see you Friday." Henry looked at Max, waiting to see if he did have any concerns.

Ausha stood outside and watched at Henry got hugged. She kind of giggled to see her ex's face. Henry wasn't the touchy feely kind of guy and he especially didn't like it when he was in business mode.

Ashen
09-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Max nodded furiously and stepped away. He owed this man his life.
He owed Ausha his life.
His free life.
Max stared at Henry and shook his head. "No questions," he said simply. He had a few questions, none of which Henry could answer.
How's Ferdi?
Where will Jen be burried?
Can I go to her funeral?
What lowlife bastard raped her?
He just kept shaking his head solemnly. He would find the answers to these questions soon enough, although some answers he already knew.

CuteLilRedhead
10-02-2011, 04:17 AM
"Very well. See ya." Henry said then left. He walked past Ariela. he wasn't in the mood to dal with her attidtude.

Ausha ran back in and smiled at Max. "Well are you ready to be free?"she asked.

Ashen
10-02-2011, 04:32 AM
Max smiled as Ausha. "What kind of question is that?" he teased. "Is the sky blue?"
He smirked and then added, "No really, is it? I'm a little colour blind in this eye..." He grinned. "Just kidding. It's all a matter of time now."
Max looked down at the blade of grass still in his hand. He looked up at Ausha as he eyes sparkled under the poor light. "You know, I really want to thank you," Max said slowly. "Not just for calling 911 that day either. You didn't have to take me into your home. You didn't have to befriend. Mostly, you didn't have to believe me."
He hung his head down. "But I'm glad you did," he said, his voice a bit muffled.

CuteLilRedhead
10-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Ausha smiled and fell silent for a few moments. "I'm glad I did too." She rested her hand on his. "I better go see if my cat has eaten your dog and I need to finish a projct but after I get of work I will stop by." She promised.

Ausha looked over at a guard that was glaring at them. As she walked past she heard another officer mutter something about another scrumbag gets to go free and she knew he was talking about Max. "He is not a scrumbag. He is a man who lost someone dear to him. You weren't there and when you were you barely did your job, now the man who DID kill her is out there ready to do it to another girl!" She yelled making the whole place go quiet.

Ashen
10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Max smiled to himself; Winifred had a better chance of eating Ferdinand than the other way around. The big brute wouldn't hurt a fly.
On purpose anyway.
Max got ready to go back to his cell but he was stopped when he heard Ausha screaming at a correctional officer. He paused to listen to her words, which made him feel queasy.
He had made it this far.
He couldn't give up now.

Max stared up at the ceiling, the bars on the window casting dark shadows over his ocean blue eyes. He was thinking about his trial, and whether or not he'd win.
Even if he did walk a free man, he wouldn't really win, would he?
Jen was gone and no force could possibly bring her back to life. Max would always be considered a loser.
Unless his plan worked accordingly. Max couldn't trust the legal system. He had made his own rules, and he just wondered if they would work.
Or maybe he could just trust the system. It had worked this far.
But who ever knows how far is too far?

CuteLilRedhead
10-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Ausha went home after she was escorted out of the station the second time and this time with a ticket as a parting gift. He friend from the local news left her a message with details onhow it will work but another one that said that unjust law was old news. Aushaa sighed then turned the corner to see Ferdinand on the couch and a very nasty litterbox.... "Eww..." she said and went into the bathroom to find a pair of gloves.

After the litterbox was clean Ausha put her hair in a bun and put her favorite nightgown on and started to finish her project. Three AM rolled along and Ausha had about 30 cupps of coffee in her but the project was done. She headed to bed to find Ferdiniand on the bed. "Alright mister. I am okay with SHARING my bed. Scoot over." She said and nudged the dog to move so she had room.

Ashen
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Max's eyes were glued to his fingers. It must have been two in the morning but Max couldn't sleep.
He wasn't that smart, but he was smart enough to know the system could care less if he walked free or was locked up for life. How could he sleep knowing he might lose?
Eventually Max did drift into sleep, and even his nightmares were of his trial.

"...calls Maximillion Baker to the stand..."
Max walked to his stand in the box. He stared up at the judge with wide eyes. His future was in this man's hands.
"Maximillion-"
"Max, please," Max said as his voice cracked.
"Max," the judge corrected. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole-"
"Yes."
"Let me finish next time Max. We will ask you one question Max. Did you kill Jennette Lowski?"
Max stood confidently now, this was easy. "I did not kill-"
"He's lying!" came a voice from the back of the courtroom. All eyes turned to look at a ghost, a spirit of Jen. "He is guilty!"

Max shot up and placed his hand to his forehead. When he pulled his hand away, it was drenched in sweat.
His dream wasn't possible. Ghosts weren't real, for one.
Still, Max huddled himself in a corner and, knees pressed to his chest, rocked back and forth.

CuteLilRedhead
10-10-2011, 12:51 AM
When Ausha finally got to sleep she got a great one hour of sleep and she all but screamed when the alarm wwnt off. She got up and went to the shower and yet again, when she needed hot water, it wasn't working... so she took a cold shower and got dressed in her business casual. She fed the animals and looked at the dog. "Should I walk you with the risk of getting dirty?" She asked out loud and decided since he wasn't hers she should jut in case. So she went outside and walked Ferdinand around the block then set him free in the house. Luckily she didn't get dirty.
She was still a little early so she thought she would swing by the police station and perhaps not get thrown out this time. She walked in and put her hands in the air when all the officers glared. "I just want a quick visit and then I will be on my way without a word of... disrespect." She promised. The officer walked her to the visiting room as another one called for Max.

Ashen
10-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Max pulled himself out of his bed and walked to the visiting room. He hadn't gotten much sleep, and the only real sleep he had gotten had been spent dreaming of his trial, and how many ways it could go wrong.
He stared at Ausha and a smile lit up his exhausted face. "Hey," he greeted as he took his seat. "How are you doing?" he asked because he felt like he had to. "How's Ferdinand?"
Max was visibly tired; his eyes were a dull blue. His beard had been grown out but there was nothing Max could do about that. No shavers were allowed. His hair was a mess, but luckily it was a solid black and wasn't that visible. "Do you have any good news yet?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-10-2011, 03:30 AM
"No. I haven't spoke to Henry yet today." She leaned over and fixed his hair the best she could. It was driving her crazy. "You look like you haven't slept in a million years." She said with a frown. "I really wish I coud help." She looked down. "I'll call Henry and ask him how things are going beforeI come back after work."

"Oh! Ferdinand is a bed hog..." She somewhat giggled. At 3 this morning it wasn't funny but she remembered trying to scoot the enormous dog over. THough he isn't enormous, he was to her since she had such ap petite stature.

Ashen
10-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Max tensed when Ausha touched him. His eyes went to the officer but luckily he was paying attention to an attractive girlfriend of one of thr other officers. "Well I haven't gotten any sleep," Max admitted. "But I'm fine. I'll be out of here soon enough."

Max smiled as Ausha spoke of Ferdinand. "The brute is big, isn't he? Well he should know better than to sleep on a human bed. Just look him square in the eye and say no. He should get off."
Max shook his head. "You could always put him in a kennel if he's too much of a bother. I'm sure he won't mind."

CuteLilRedhead
10-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Ausha smiled. "No I like him. He's like a big teddy bear. And I was SO warm last night." She smiled and looked back down. She fell silent for a few moments. "I guess I should go. I'll cal Henry and talk to him but I promise I'll be back. And I'll see if I can bring you a nice comfy pillow or something to help perhaps. I'll bring more food too. Anything you want specifically?"

Ashen
10-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Max laughed as Ausha went on about Ferdinand. She really seemed to like the dog, and Max wondered, once this was all over, if she'd see him again.
Of course she will, Max thought to himself. After all, Ausha was Max's friend.

Max shook his head sadly. "We can't have pillows," he stated. "They can be used for suffocation. But I would love some lasagna with extra cheese." Max flashed a grin at her. "Lasanga is the food of the gods."
He smiled to himself and stared right into Ausha's eyes. Now that he wasn't in tears from seeing Jen's body, Max noticed Ausha was quite the pretty lady.

CuteLilRedhead
10-10-2011, 04:55 AM
"Lasanga?" Ausha made a sour face. "Food of the gods? Yes, we definately need to get you out of here. You've gone mad." Ausha teased. "Lasanga it is. I know a great Italian restraunt that has amazin food so I'll go there." Ausha smiled and brushed his hair back again. The officer glared at her again. "I'm sorry! It was driving me crazy!" Ausha smiled at Max. "I'll be back later." SHe promised then left.

She got to the office and her bosses were already demanding everything under the sun. On her break she called Henry and told him to stop by to talk to Max. "He will get off right?" she asked talking a bite of her Chicken Ceaser Salad.

"Yeah, yeah. He's home free, listen sugar. I need to-"

"Henry, I need you to swear on your..." She looked around to see if anyone was listening. "...on... your thing." She blushed at the thought of saying penis.

"My thing? Oh come on." Henry's voice laughed on the other end.

"Well you're life isn't worth anything and you give your money to whatever whore you're sleeping with so the only thing that you find vaulable is that." Ausha said. " Now swear."

"You do have a point." Henry chuckled again. "Alrght. I swear on my 'thing'." He chuckled again.

"Good cause if you are lying karma is going to kick you right in the face." Ausha said and hung up before he could say anything.

Ashen
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Max only smirked at Ausha's comment. He knew a jail would drive him crazy.
He had known, ever since that one day, when he was fourteen. Ever since that day, Max couldn't stand the thought of jail.
He knew he'd end up in one some day, Max just kept thinking that day would be when he was in his fifties and didn't care anymore.
Who would ever be able to tell he'd be locked up in his early twenties?

Max was escorted back to his cell and sat down on his bed. He closed his eyes and pictured his room.
He turned to face his dresser and picked up a silver necklace. It had Jennette's name written in swirly cursive letters. Max traced the necklace with his fingers and moved onto his next object that he'd been keeping. It was a brooch in the shape of a rose. It used to belong to his sister-his foster sister-before she died.
Max picked up the two pieces of jewlery and held them to his chest.

When Max opened his eyes he found that his hands were empty. He stared out the only window he was allowed and started to think.
Where would his sister be today, if she were alive? Would she be fighting for him?
Max smirked; he knew the answer to that.
Definitely not.

CuteLilRedhead
10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Ausha had to stay late for work but she had the project in so she could go to bed early tonight though she knew she wasn't going to sleep anyway. She called a taxi and took it to the Little Angelo's and got a medium lasanga with extra cheese and a bowl of spagetti for her with no meat balls. She walked the rest of the way to the police station and ont the way she stopped and got a bunch of cookies as a peace offering to the officers. Hopefully they would let her stay longer tonight.

She put the lasanga in Max's spot after the officer checked it and waited for them to bring them in. Henry walked in after her. "Nothing for me?" He asked looking at the food.

"You can have a cookie like the other pi..." She looked at the offier. "Like the other people in the building." She said before she got in trouble for insulting an officer.

Ashen
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Max rubbed the side of his jaw and stared at himself in a small handheld mirror he had been able to trade a piece of gum for in here. You couldn't get much in jail, and the things you did get were traded among the other law breakers. Gum was valuable, it could be used to bind things together after you got to chew on it and actually taste something.
Max didn't care. He was getting ready to claw his eyes out. He wasn't usually stir crazy, but this was overkill.

Max joined Ausha and Henry and took his normal seat. "Good afternoon, or evening, whatever it is," Max greeted with a sly smile. "Anything new recently?" His eyes caught on the glorious dish in Ausha's hand that was making his mouth water. "Is that..." he started but he already knew.
He wouldn't miss that great a smell.

CuteLilRedhead
10-11-2011, 02:04 AM
"So you trial is tomorrow and we have printed off the log in sheet of your computer so that is highly in your favor." Henry explained. "Your judge is Judge Michael Ambers and he's a very... what's the word... He's not critical until the end and then he takes everything in. While most people have their minds made up within fourty seconds of looking at you.
So, we will need to clean you up and I am aware no razors and stuff so I or someone will have to shave you, because you are starting to look like a killer. Also, you'll need some nive smelling shampoo and conditioner. I'll get you a suit to wear for your trail." Henry explained.

"I'lll get some old spice shampoo and condistioner and shaving cream!" Ausha smiled excitedly. She loved the smell of old spice.

"Old Spice is good. It gives a familar smell that everyone knows. Maybe not everyone likes but they know it and so it's like a comfort blanket." Henry said.

Ashen
10-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Max shifted uncomfortably as Henry told him they'd print out a log of his computer's history. They couldn't possibly find out he hacked his computer from that sheet, could they?
He tried to hide his emotions and listened to Henry attentively. When he mentioned a shave, his fingers habitually rubbed his jaw.
"Old spice?" Max asked as Ausha brought up the scent. He had never smelled it before, but that wouldn't be a problem. It didn't matter to him anyway.
Max couldn't really tell the difference between an apple cinnamon scent and an orange scent anyway.

"So this is all over tomorrow," Max sighed as he leaned back. "It's too far away."
He smiled as he stared at Ausha. "So then," he said as he leaned towards her. "If all goes well, may I take you for dinner? I still have to repay you for that...day."
Max frowned as he noticed he couldn't afford a dinner. "Or maybe I can just make you something," he suggested. "I know how to make...TV dinner." He smiked at his little joke.

CuteLilRedhead
10-12-2011, 12:34 AM
"You don't have to make anything up to me, but I would... Ok I won't lie, I hate TV dinners but I would love to pretend like I do in order for it to be a real dinner." She smiled and giggled.

Henry cleared his throat awkwardly. "Anyway. Yes, it is all happening tomorrow at 1:30. I will be here at eight to get you ready for tomorrow." Henry said then looked at Ausha. "And you should be here at eight as well with the old spice."

Ausha nodded. "I"ll take another sick day." She smiled.

Ashen
10-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Max smirked at Ausha's honesty. To be that honest just wasn't healthy.
Not that Max would know anything about honesty or health.
He nodded his head anyway. "Okay, it doesn't have to be a TV dinner. I can get us some pizza or something. I can make us pizza that is. Whatever you want."
He turned back to Henry and frowned. He'd have to be up at eight.
No matter; he'd just go to sleep early. He had no problem with that. There was nothing better to do anyway. "So after this is all over," Max said, eyeing Henry and Ausha, "will this be off my record? It won't say I was suspected of murder, will it? I won't be considered a sex...offender?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Henry looked at the officer. "It will say you were charged but that the charges are dropped." Henry said.

(Bit of writer's block at the moment sorry)

Ashen
10-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Max nodded slowly. It would figure he'd still have this crap on his record. Maybe it'd all end well though, and he wouldn't need to change his name.
Maximillion Baker, charged of murder. That wasn't too bad.

Max lay on his bed stared up at the ceiling. He kept urging himself to go to sleep but he couldn't.
He was uncomfortable.
Max turned over and over on his rock of a mattress until somehow he managed to get to sleep.

CuteLilRedhead
10-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Ausha went to the store and bought old spice shaving cream and cologne. She flopped down on the couch.

"Hello?" A voice from the bathroom called.

Ausha screamed not expecting to hear a voice. Her landlord came from the bathroom. "What the hell, Ausha?" He glared at her.

"I'm sorry, but you scared me." She said taking a deep breath.

Terry raised his eyebrow at her. "Alright... I checked the water in the basement and there was a problem with the pipes so I called a guy and he'll be able to fix it up tomorrow." He said.

"Great. I'll be gone all day." She said then paused. Ferdinand was in the corner with a new squeaky toy. So that's how Terry got in.

"Not a problem. I'll be here to supervise." Terry said and headed for the door. "Bye." He said then left. He never did have good social skills.

Ausha got into her PJs and laid down on her bed. Squeak! "Ferdinand! Come to bed!" Ausha yelled. When he came in she took the toy from him and hid it in her drawer. "It is bed time not play with the annoying toy the strange man gave me. What if that was a robber? He would have gotten away.... Mutt..." She smiled and kissed his head. "Go to sleep."

Ashen
10-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Max woke up and peered out his window. He remembered the way you could tell time by the position of the sun in the sky and made a rough estimate it was about six or seven.
Henry and Ausha would be here to get him ready soon. Max smiled to himself. In a few hours he'd be out of this crummy place and walking free. He'd be able to take his dog for a walk or to play Call of Duty on his Xbox or even walk around naked if he wanted to.
Max sat next to his bed and waited until Ausha came through the door.

CuteLilRedhead
10-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Ausha and Henry go escorted into the cell. Ausha had the Old Spice in hand. "Morning!" Ausha smiled. She also had a coffee in hand for him. "I'm not sure how you like your coffee but I have creamers and sugar in my purse." she smiled. "I also have a bagel in my purse." She added.

Henry sighed. "Alright Max, go take a shower first."

The officer cleared his throat. "He needs to be supervied so that he doesn't injest the shampoo."

Henry narrowed his eyes. "Isn't that your job?"

"We have a standard shampoo and conditioner. You have brought him some so therefore, its not my problem." the officer said.

Henry looked at Ausha. Ausha's cheeked turned bright red. "I am pretty sure he was indicating you, Henry. It'd be a little inappropriate for me to supervise."

Henry grumblled under his breath. "Come on, Max."

Ashen
10-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Max smiled when he saw Ausha. He took the coffee gratefully and took a small sip. It tasted bland but he wasn't about to complain.
He turned the shampoo over in his hands and scanned the back of the bottle. His eyes darted up as the officer spoke of supervision. "I think I know how to take a shower," he spat, eyes narrow. "I've been doing it for fifteen damn years."
Max looked from Henry to Ausha and smiled at the colour of red Ausha's face turned. "Okay Henry, it looks like I must be babied. Let's get this over with."

Max was led to the showering area and stared at the shower head. It looked haunted in a sort of way-the thing was obviously older than Moses himself and it was rusted more than there was any silver left. It looked broken, but it was still pulling through.
In that way, it was like any criminal that walked under it.
Max slipped out of his jumpsuit nonchalantly; there was no shame to his game. "You gonna help me scrub too?" Max said sarcastically. "I might rub my skin off."

CuteLilRedhead
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
"You know I am not enjoying this either so I can do without your sarcastic remarks." Henry said leaning against the wall. He was looking at the wall furthest from looking directly at Max but not looking away. He wasn't in the mood to deal with the officer yelling at him.

Ausha waited in the vistior's room walking all around looking through the glass at all the grass outside. She took a sip of coffee and sighed.

Ashen
10-12-2011, 11:00 PM
"Well then," Max said as he ran a hand through his hair. "Shoot me for trying to brighten the mood."
I wouldn't mind that.
Max stilled as he thought that. He had gotten this far. He couldn't give up now.
Once Max was finished with his shower he turned to Henry still naked. "Alright, so then I guess there's some suit you wanna put on me, huh?"
He stared down at his wet body. Max wasn't that big, but he wasn't small either. He could probably fit into a 30" or anywhere around there.
Max hated suits. The last time he had worn one was the day his foster mother's daughter had died. They were just going off to church, a place Max hated, when she was shot three times.
He wasn't about to tell Henry anything about his family, or what he could call family. Henry didn't look like the one for excuses.

CuteLilRedhead
10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
"Yes." Henry looked around for a towel. When he found one he handed it to Max. "It's back in the room." He texted Ausha to come and bring it to him. Ausha brought the suit, keeping around the corner.

"Here's the cologne too." She haned Henry the cologne as well.

"Try this on and see how it fits. I'll call the taylor to come and make the adjustments needed."

Ashen
10-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Max held the suit to his body. A frown tugged at his lips. It looked so dreary. He felt like he was going to be sent away rather than be freed.
Max shrugged the idea and pulled the suit on. It felt good to be in something other than those horrible orange jumpers.
"Alright," Max said as he modeled his suit. "How do I look? I think a few bucks more would have gotten me better sleeves." he showed his sleeves, the fabric a cream colour. "What ever happened to white?"
He couldn't help himself. When he was nervous he pretended to be difficult. That usually postponed whatever he was nervous about.
Still, he knew it was now or never, and he needed out.

CuteLilRedhead
10-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Henry narrowed his eyes. "I bought it so you can deal with it." His voice was unamused.

Ausha smacked Henry's arm since that was what was still in her reach. "Knock it off! You're being a dick." She said then crossed her arms as she waited for them to be done.

Ashen
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Max straightened himself a little. "Right," he said under his breath. "Deal with it."
That was just life, wasn't it? You deal with everything, even the things you didn't do. Otherwise you fight them, and end up an enemy to the public.
He shook his head slowly and looked at Ausha. He had to smile when she warned Henry.
"Shall we go?" Max asked Henry and Ausha. He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. He smiled and turned towards the door.

CuteLilRedhead
10-14-2011, 04:38 AM
Ausha smiled and followed after Henry and Max.

Once at the courthouse Ausha sat in the room silent as Henry went over the game plan or what he expeced to happen. "...the judge will be looking at you a lot so don't look away, but don't be inteintimidating." Henry was going on and on.

"Henry, you are overkilling." Ausha rolled her eyes.

"I am not overkilling, I am trying to get your friend freedom." Henry snapped back.

Ashen
10-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Max was only partially listening to Henry's rant. There were way too many rules for something like this, and Max never really did like rules.
He played with his fingers until he heard Henry refer to him as Ausha's friend.
He looked up and smiled. "Okay, mantain eye contact with the judge, don't look like a serial killer, I got it."
A serial killer, Max thought. But they already think I am a killer.
He straightened a bit and looked around him. He wondered how many people had walked free from this courthouse.
He wondered how many people had been banished to jail from here.

CuteLilRedhead
10-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Ausha played with her fingers nervous. She knew that Henry was good but she wasn't sure about the judge or the jury. People ususally have their minds made up within 47 seconds of seeing a person. He didn't look like a murderer... Her cheeks turned red when she notuced that he was rather dashing and handsome. Before it was really noticable she stood and walked out the door saying she'd be right back. She went to the restroom and looked at her red cheeks. "Stupid embarrassment. He's getting ready to go into court and you are checking him out... Keep it together, Ausha." she said to herself as the redness in her cheeks slowly vanished. She went back in and sat back in the corner out of the way. She looked at the time. "Only two more hours." She warned the two men.

Ashen
10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Max watched Ausha excuse herself and for the first time noticed her cheeks were burning red. He grew uncomfortable and started to shift his weight from one thigh to he other.
Why is she nervous? he wondered. Does she know something I don't?
He kept his gaze on the door Ausha had left through. He realized Henry was still in the room, watching him, and he turned back around, his cheeks now colouring. He sat awkwardly until Ausha returned and offered her a smile.
What do you know? his blue eyes seemed to say.

CuteLilRedhead
10-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Ausha looked at Max and cleared her throught. "Sorry. Nature called." she lied. She always was a bad liar and she looked down at her hands.

Henry looked back and forth between Max and Ausha, "Ummm, so lets run through what will happen again." Henery began to go on about the usual events that take place in the courtroom and Ausha really wasn't paying attention. She keep her eyes on her hands. She knew Max saw her rosy cheeks, she could tell by the look he gave her.

Ashen
10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Max started sweating. Ausha knew something. She had to.
But not knowing what she knew was killing him inside.
He couldn't pay attention to Henry. His eyes were trained on Ausha-her hair, her eyes, her cheeks-anywhere, as if whatever she knew would be visible if he could only find out where.
His mouth was a straight line, a frown tugging at his edges. Why would a friend keep something from another friend?
Maybe it was because they weren't friends at all.
Maybe, probably, it was because Ausha knew something that would damn Max for the rest of his life.

CuteLilRedhead
10-17-2011, 09:49 PM
"Max? Are you even listening?" Henry asked then followed his eyes to Ausha. "Ausha, tell the man what you're thinking so he can focus on what I am sayiing."

Ausha's head popped up when she heard her name. "What? Nothing. I am just ready for Max to be free." She turned bright red again.

Henry rolled his eyes. "Ausha..."

Ausha looked at Henry and sighed. "Fine! I was... thinking about...." She trailed off until she was in audible.

Henry sighed again, "She likes you. Ok, can we move on now?"

When Henry said that her whole face turned red and she hid behind her hair.

Ashen
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Max'x entire expression dropped when Henry told him Ausha liked him. That couldn't be true.
Obviously he had meant like like, and the last person he had loved got him fighting for his freedom.
Then again, the person he loved before that had the same aftermath.
Max was struck speechless, not sure what kind of words would be appropriate at a moment like this. He was silent; not even his chest rose or fell.
Max turned his attention back to Henry, his eyes suddenly dark and unreadable.

CuteLilRedhead
10-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Ausha took his reaction as a bad thing and so she got up and left. Before she exited she said "sorry." She knew she was heard but she went to the court room that was going to hold Max's trial. She waited until she was allowed to enter.

Henry watched Ausha leave and then looked at Max. "Was I not supposed to say anything?" he askd though he really could have cared less.

Ashen
10-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Max glared at Henry. "Way to go, douche bag," he muttered under his breath, but even he wasn't sure if he was talking to Henry or himself.
He wanted to go after Ausha, but he knew Henry would stop him before he got the chance. Instead, he sat still as a rock, counting off the seconds until his glorious freedom or his damning imprisonment.
Maybe Henry was a great lawyer. But like he had said, it all depended on the judge and the jury.
A woman was dead with no other suspects.
What juror in their right mind would let Max walk free?

CuteLilRedhead
10-17-2011, 11:19 PM
The time passed and Henry took Max to the courtroom. Ausha was sitting in the back still playing with her fingers. She refused to look up until hse was called to the stand. She hoped that what Henry had said wasn't going to effect the events that were about to take place. She looked up in time to see his face and her heart dropped when she saw his eyes emotionless. That wasn't good for him. She had to have emotion or he's look like a cold hearted killer. So she smiled at him, hoping to make a difference.

Ashen
10-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Max shuffled into the courtroom, trying hard to ignore the stares everyone was giving him.
Look at him.
The killer enters.
First Jennette. Who's next?
They didn't have to speak for Max to hear their words. He swallowed the lump in his throat and continued on slowly.
His spine straightened once he got to his post. He stared out at everyone in the courtroom, making sure his body language got a clear message through: I am no murderer.
He looked to Ausha, who was smiling at him. His lips rose at the edges, a sad, lopsided smile.

CuteLilRedhead
10-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Seeing him smile back was all she needed to see to knw that when they brought up Jenette, he would show emotion. The court room soon got filled and the jury came in and looked at him. She didn't take their eyes off of them. He is not a murderer.

The judge came in and everything went the way it should. The opening statements began and then the game began. Henry started off with giving all the eveidence and the other party countered everything except the paper that had his logs on the computer.

Ashen
10-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Max shifted uncomfortably when they showed the pictures of Jen. He didn't want to remember her that way, dead and drenched in her own blood.
He wanted to remember her in that navy blue skirt and that white T skipping across the field in the rain when they had to do a certain project about something that happens all the time.
He wanted to remember her hunched over the little puppy she had brought home wrapped in a pink bow. He wanted to remember her laugh when Max told her the puppy was a boy.
He wanted to remember her smiling into a camera come school pictures.
Mostly, he wanted to remember her waking up next to him in the morning, her breath warm on his cold skin, her hair a cloud around her, her skin wrinkled with the sheets' creases.
He wanted to remember Jennette Lowski, in all her beauty.

Max didn't know how long he had been sitting there-maybe it was hours, maybe it was days.
He couldn't take it anymore.
Max let the tears stream from his eyes. He told himself he wouldn't cry; it'd make him look guilty.
He couldn't take it.

CuteLilRedhead
10-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Henry smiled when the tears came because he knew he had won. "People of the jury, would a man who murdered his fiance shed a single tear? NO!" Henry went on a huge rampage and the judge almost had to hold him in contempt.

Ausha watched Max and wished she could hug him. He looked as he did the night he came to her for help. He looked broken again. She frowned and looked back down until Max was finally allowed to go back to his seat and she was called to the stand. She was shaking. She hated talking in front of people let alone about a murder and rape.

After she was sworn in Henry began to question her. "Ms. Stinburg, you know my client?"

Ausha took a deep breath, "Yes."

Henry questiond her about the night and how Max acted. She was getting tired of it and she knew she woud hate the other lawyer even more since he would be trying to convict Max.

After she was intergriated by both sides she was excused and she looked at Max on her way back to her seat.

((I'm not really courtroom savvy so if you can make this go further I'll trickle along but I am TOTALLY down for skipping to the jury's verdict))

Ashen
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Max didn't hear anything anymore. He didn't hear Henry's proclomation of his freedom, nor did he hear Ausha'a swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
He started to shake, but he couldn't understand why.
Or maybe he did, but he wouldn't even admit the truth to himself.

Max's eyes scanned over the jurors, some of which were paying attention to Ausha, but most of which had their eyes on him.
He didn't know what to do. Was this where he smiled? Cried? Broke down?
"Henry," Max whispered quietly so that hopefully only his lawyer would hear. "When?" Max asked, reffering to the end.

CuteLilRedhead
10-18-2011, 11:28 PM
"As soon as she leaves the bench, we give our closing statement and then the jury will decide." He said just as softly.

The jury got up and left after the closing statement and were gone for about a half an hour. During that time Henry went to the restroom after he escorted Max back to their room. Ausha walked in silently and looked at Max. "Are you okay?" It was a stupid question but so would be standing there without a peep.

Ashen
10-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Max didn't know how to answer Ausha. He was sweating like a pig and probably could have used another bottle of cologne but he didn't need to mention the obvious.
"Well it all comes down to this, doesn't it?" Max asked. He stared at the ground, not wanting to look Ausha in the eye. There was still that statement from before this hearing.
She likes you.
Max didn't want to believe it. "Ausha," he said quietly, and wouldn't have been surprised if she hadn't heard him. "You can't like me."
He faced his back towards her, a true coward's move in his opinion. "Everyone I like dies. It never fails, Ausha. First my sister, then Jenny. I'm tired of the people I love being ripped away from me. I'm a bad luck charm, and you don't need my misfortune."

CuteLilRedhead
10-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Ausha looked down at the floor at his words. "We just met, so like it a little bit of a reach but there is something there. Besides, I can't help but like you." She said softly. "But if you don't want me around then I understand." She added not looking up from the floor.

Ashen
10-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I can't help but like you.
Max flinched. "I don't want you to hurt, Ausha. I don't want anyone else to feel any pain."
He looked up at Ausha, praying she'd look into his eyes. "But I don't want to be alone," he added, regretting the words as soon as they were out.
He wanted Ausha-he desperately wanted her-but what would he do if she turned out like the rest?
They had just met, but Max too felt these emotions. She, in a way, had saved his life.
In turn, if he started to like her, he'd only take hers.

CuteLilRedhead
10-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Slowly, Ausha looked up from the floor and met his gaze. When he said he liked her her heart skipped. Her cheeks turned red and she wanted to look down but she couldn't. "Max, I won't leave you until you tell me to leave." She said. Henry came into the room and looked at Max and Ausha.

"Am I disturbing?" He asked, hoping he was.

Ausha didn't look away from Max. He liked her? A smile pulled at her miuth but she didn;t show it. It was the wrong time.

Ashen
10-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Max was spending too much time on Ausha's words when Henry stepped in. He immediately turned his attention to him. "Not at all," he said with a smile. "Now about the jury. Are they almost done? How long does it take to make a single decision?"
He smirked nervously, not knowing what else to do.
Max tried hard not to look at Ausha. She was giving him so much, and he had nothing to offer in return.

CuteLilRedhead
10-19-2011, 01:38 AM
"The baliff will come tells us when they decide. It shouldn't be too long. You have a very persuasivve lawyer." Henry smiled and looked at Ausha.

She had finally looked away from Max and at the wall.

The minutes passed and the baliff finally came. "The jury has decided." He said then walked them back to the courtroom.

Once everyone was in then the judge asked the jury for their verdict. "In the case of Maximillion Baker, the jury finds him.... innocent." The man said then sat down.

Henry smiled and patted Max on the shoulder.

Ashen
10-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Max was trying hard to hold himself together. After Henry's pat of praise, Max thought he was going to collapse.
He won.
Max stared at Ausha, not able to remove the smile from his face. He did not kill Jennette Lowski.
They all believed him. This wasn't a dream.
Max ran out to Ausha and placed his arms around her. He breathed in her scent, wanting to remember every little detail of this glorious day.

CuteLilRedhead
10-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Ausha smiled and hugged him back. The old spice was still stained on his clothes and she smiled at his embrace. He was free. But with this freedom will he still want her as a friend? She tried to push the thought aside. Right now it was about his freedom. "Congraulations," She said softly.

The judge dismissed everyone. Henry left without a word of goodbye. Ausha hugged him for as long as he held her. He was very warm.

Ashen
10-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Max finally lifted his face from Ausha and stared into her eyes.
His were no longer an empty teal but an ocean of possibility, of liberty. His smile was still wide and uncontrolled.
"I'm taking you home with me," he murmured. "I still need to make you that TV dinner you love ever so much. I still need to put on some crummy movie and let you fake being scared. I still need to destroy your ass in Call of Duty."
He placed his forehead to hers lightly. "I still need you to be my friend," Max breathed.

CuteLilRedhead
10-19-2011, 02:28 AM
Ausha smiled and looked into his eyes. "Alright. You go home and get changed and I'll bring Ferdinand over and you can kick my butt at zombies after we have a TV dinner." She smiled, delighted that he still wanted to be her friend. Her cheeks were definately red because of how close his lips were to hers though she knew there was not going to be a kiss. It had been a long time since a man's lips were so close to hers.

Ashen
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Max nodded and turned for the door, the door he could finally stop watching and actually exit through.
He was just about to push the door open when he realised he had no way of getting home.
He figured he could walk, and went to the front desk to retrieve the clothes he had been wearing the day he entered this hell. Max slipped out of his orange jumper and into his T shirt and sweats.
He was finally comfortable, and when he got home, he would run around naked. He'd take a bath that was over an hour long with whatever liquids he could find.
He could do anything, beacause he was free.

CuteLilRedhead
10-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Ausha went home and put on a t-shirt and jeans and looked at Ferdinand, "You ready to go back hom to daddy?" She asked him as she sprayeda little perfume on herself. When she realized what she had done she sighed. "I didn't mean to do that..." She forwned at herself in the mirror. "Friend, Ausha, friend." She pulled on a coat and took Ferdinand by the collar. She hailed a cab and took it to Max's house. Ausha took a deep breath before ringing the dorrbell.

Ashen
10-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Max hesitated before opening his door. When he did, he inhaled the familiar scents that he missed so much. Max ran into his house with a giant smile. "It's good to be home."
He walked into his bedroom and opened the door to the adjoining bathroom. After a warm shower Max got into some comfortable shorts and a sleeveless T shirt. As he stared at himself in his mirror his eyes trailed south to the two souvenirs he had kept.
The one, a rose brooch, had Katie's name engraved in it.
The next, Jennette's necklace.
He held them both up to the light and watched as their jewels glistened. Max shoved them into his drawer and walked to his computer.
He stared at the screen, making sure everything was there. When he noticed everything was fine, he checked his computer log.
Of course everything was there, just as he had planned.
Max smiled and hit the clear log button. Making sure he still had it in him, he typed in the code only a handful of people on Earth knew-and probably none by heart like Max.
Instantly his log filled with normal sites he had programmed earlier. He right-clicked one of them, the one that had a link to his email.
"What do you know," he muttered. "All those childhood days spent on learning how to hack actually paid off."

Max heard a knock on his door and logged off of his computer. He walked to the door and opened it, his eyes catching first on Ausha and then on Ferdinand. "Ferdi!" he said as he roughly ruffled the dog's fur. "Damn I missed you."
He looked back up and smiled at Ausha. "You too."

CuteLilRedhead
10-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Ausha smiled and blushed slightly. "You just saw me aout an hour ago." She smiled as she watched Max pet Ferdinand. SHe could still smeel the perfume on her and she cursed herself again. Why did she do that? It's not like this was a date. It's like celeebration.... She tried to find ways to calm herself. Her thoughts blowing through her mind at a million miles per second. She looked around the apartment then back at Max. "He mised you too." She finally said though she had only been silent a second or two.

Ashen
10-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Max laughed softly as Ausha pointed out they had seen each other about an hour ago.
"I still missed you," Max said as he stepped out of the way. "Come in."
Ferdi was already running through the house, looking at different things that needed destroying. Max shook his head, but a smile was on his lips.
"So then, are you hungry? I can make you something. Let's see what I have."
Max walked to his kitchen and looked through every cupboard he had. He couldn't find much, other than TV dinners. "Sorry," Max said flatly. "Working at Shop Rite, I have discounts to all this- damn, work."
He smacked his palm against his forehead. "No way I have that job now."
Max shook his head slowly, completely distracted.

CuteLilRedhead
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM
"There's always other jobs." Ausha tried to reassure him though in the economy there really wasn't anything good. "And whatever you have is fine with me." She said with a polite smile. Manners were always important to her. She stepped inside and took a seat on the couch, the place she had when Max got taken away.

Ashen
10-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Max looked back at Ausha. "No, I'm not giving you something disgusting like Kid Cuisine. We're ordering pizza."
He picked up the phone before Ausha had a chance to object and ordered a medium sized plain pizza. When he hung up he tried to look for a ten. He found a twenty and figured the pizza boy would be getting a little tip.
Max sat down next to Ausha and leaned his head against the back of his couch. "Well then," he said, not knowing what else he whould say. "What do you want to do? This day is yours; without you I wouldn't be enjoying it."

CuteLilRedhead
10-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Ausha frond when he ordered pizza since he just got done saying he might be without a job. Then he said the day was hers. "Well, I don't knwo... It's your freedom that was won." She started to play with her hair nervously as she still though about him saying he liked her. That whole scene played through her head ore and over again. Ausha looked over at him and blushed looking forward again.

Ashen
10-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Max shook his head slowly. "Alright then, maybe we can watch a movie. Assuming I still have cable."
He grabbed the remote from a coffee table and turned the TV on. He scanned through the channels until he came across Back to the Future. "Here's a classic," he said. "Although I never really did understand this movie. If he built a time machine why not go back in time and make the invention sooner?"
He smiled as the movie started up. "It's still an okay movie though."
Max turned to face Ausha and noticed that she was blushing. Had he done something wrong already?
"Hey," he said quietly. "You okay?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-20-2011, 02:04 AM
"Yes." Ausha smiled though she was still blushing. "I was just thinking." Ausha tried to calm her mind as she decided to change the subject. "I used to watch them all the time as a kid." She giggled softly. "Have you ever seen Overboard? I used to watch that all the time as well" She braided her hair and took it apart, two times, then three, as she talked.

Ashen
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Max was frowned as he watched Ausha's fingers weave through her hair. She looked nervous.
"No, I've never heard of that, what's it about?" He couldn't keep her eyes off of her.
Ausha's face was still red, although she had assured him she was only thinking. He was sure a normal girl wouldn't braid and un-braid her hair that many times if she was feeling comfortable.
But then, Ausha was no normal girl.
"What are you thinking about?" Max asked, not wanting of caring about the answer to his first question. He was curious, wondering if Ausha could possibly know what he had in store.

CuteLilRedhead
10-20-2011, 08:40 PM
"Oh it's a silly roamnce where the girl loses all her memory after falling overboard and this guy with like six sons takes her in and makes her believe she is his wife." Ausha explained though not looking at Max. She knew if she did her cheeks would get redder.

What are you thinking about?

Ausha gupled. She couldn't lie to him and even if she could she was the worst liar in the world. "I was just thinking about what happened today is all." She said. General answer was good. As long as he didn't ask her to be more specific she would be okay and wouldn't have to tell him that him liking her was getting her all flustered.

Ashen
10-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Max wasn't really paying attention to Ausha's movie description. He glared at her until she explained her thoughts.
She was a lawyer's assistant; no way would she spend this much time thinking about a case. She got to witness them all the time. "What of it?" Max asked. "I mean, it's over, isn't it? I don't want to go back there."
He turned back to the TV and his eyes softened. A smile played across his lips slowly.
She's thinking about me.

CuteLilRedhead
10-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Ausha reddened even further. Being around lawyers all the time should have helped her at least somewhat with playing with words and bending the truth but no. Here she was about to tell him that she was thinking about him liking her. "I was just thinking..." She cleared her throat, "I was thinking about what you had said in the room before Henry came back." She without falt out saying she was thinking about him. She rubbed her arms feeling chilled to the bone though her body was radiating heat. To her releif the doorbelll rang and Ausha jumped up and answered the door. She gave the delivery boy fifteen dollars and then smiled at Max. "You didn't think I was going to let you get away with paying for pizza did you?"

Ashen
10-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Max's smile disappeared as Ausha spoke of before the trial. He was about to say something but Ausha was off her feet getting the door.
Max frowned as Ausha gave the boy fifteen dollars. He had wanted to pay; he had intended to pay. "Damn you," Max said flatly. "What kind of guy lets the girl pay for the first date?"
Max held his breath, waiting to see Ausha's reaction. He grabbed the pizza box from her and laid it on the table. Then he turned his attention back to her and wrapped his arms around her. "You don't like to follow rules, huh? Me neither."

CuteLilRedhead
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Ausha was taken back. "First....date?" She asked with a confused look. Her mind was trying to catch up with what was happening when his arms went around her. She looked up at him, "I didn't know this was a date..." She finally caught up. She put her hands on his chest and smiled slightly. "I still got to pay." She grinned and giggled. Her cheeks were red but she ignored it. If she was going to be his friend she really needed to get over it.

Ashen
10-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Max smirked and picked Ausha off her feet. He held her against the wall so that she was exactly his height. "If you want it to be," he said invitingly.
It had been days since his girlfriend had died, and already he was coming on to Ausha. He couldn't help it.
He was a hopeless romantic, and now that he didn't have hus girlfriend he needed a replacement. He had had Jennette for years, and now without he felt he'd better patch up the hole before he wasted away.
It was a hunger he needed to fill, and Ausha seemed like the perfect fit.

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Ausha looked into his eyes and was taken over by emotion. It had been many years since a man had given her this attention. She wasn't sure how to feel. He was very handsome and she was attracted to him but maybe this was too fast. "I would like that but perhaps we should eat the pizza beforeit gets cold." She suggested hoping he wouldn't get cross with her. She didn't feel right since his Jenny died only a few days before. He was going to perpose to her for crying out loud.

Ashen
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Max's eyes flashed with disappointment for a second before he hid his emotion. He set Ausha back on the ground and turned to his pizza.
Max opened up the box and got two paper plates. He lay one slice on his plate and went to sit on the couch.
Ferdinand walked over and stared at Max with yearning. Can I have some?
Max stared back at Ferdi. "You know you eat after me," he said. "Or did Ausha screw up your eating habits?"
It had been meant as a joke, but it did not come out that way.

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Ausha took the pizza and took a bite but was quickly shamed. "I...I..." She couldn't find the words. She set her plate down, quickly losing her appetite. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't know." She stood and went to the bathroom. She silently shut the door and looked in the mirror. "I should have asked..." She said then looked at the sink. He didn't have to sound so mean though. Then it connected. It must have been cause she said no. Her eyes began to water but she tried to contain it.

Ashen
10-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Max sat silently as Ausha ran off to the bathroom. He stared down at his hands until his vision blurred.
He got up and walked over to the bathroom door. "Aush?" he called. "Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that."
He was already making careless mistakes with this friendship, the first one he had managed to find and very well the last considering his record still said he was a murder.
A convicted murderer, but a murderer nonetheless.
"I'll stop talking now, I promise," Max said as he started to walk away, silently cursing himself with every step.

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Ausha opened the door and looked at him, or his back. "I didn't know he was supposed to wait." She frowned and looked at the floor. "I am so so so so sorry." She said as she wiped away the coming tears. She looked at Ferdinand then back at Max. "I don't want you to stop talking... I..." She wanted to say she was sorry for saying no but she felt like that would be a bad idea. So she just went silent and stood in the doorway.

Ashen
10-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Max turned back around, his eyes a dark teal. "Ferdi likes you," he said with a smile, hoping she'd get that his feeding routine wouldn't make much difference. He turned to face his dog, who was wagging his tail vigorously as he eyed the pizza. "Ferdinand," Max said sternly and the dog retreated.
Max looked back at Ausha and for the first time noticed she was crying. He froze, remembering his sister's tears the day she had died. He remembered Jennette's tears, which seemed to make her entire face sparkle.
"Don't cry," Max said, a pleading. He wiped at one of her tears and stared at her eyes. "Let's pretend the last five minutes didn't happen. So do you want pizza?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 01:09 AM
When his finger wiped away her tear she looked up at him. Don't cry. Ausha looked into his eyes and hugged him. She nodded when he asked if she wanted pizza, her head still resting on his chest. He really was so warm and before she knew it she kissed him. Though it was just a peck, her eyes got big and she retreated. "Oh...my.... I am so sorry!" she backed into a wall and put a hand over her lips.

Ashen
10-21-2011, 01:17 AM
A look of surprise crossed Max's eyes when Ausha kissed him. He smiled when she backed herself into a wall, an equally surprised look in her own eyes. "Is that all you have?" Max asked teasingly as he leaned into her. He kissed her gently but with a slight hunger. When he pulled away his eyes looked completely different, darker.
Max hesitated before turning away and sitting back at the couch where his pizza lay. He picked up the plate and took a bite of his slice, unsure of what to say.

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 01:25 AM
When Max kissed her, her heart fluttered. She watched him walk back to the couch and she followed after him. She looked at her pizza and took another bite. The silence went on for awhile until she finally finished eating. She looked over at Max and cleared her throat quietly. "So, can we try zombies again?" she asked. She knew that was anninterest of his so she thought doing something he liked would mend the last five minutes, as he said. She smiled softly, "I bet I can take you down." she challenged trying to get rid of the awkward silence.

Ashen
10-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Max looked up when Ausha mentioned Zombies. He laughed when she told him she could beat him. "Well first of all, Zombies is team play. But yes, I can beat you in deathmatch." He threw their plates in the trash and led Ausha back to his basement, the same place he had been when that officer came to arrest him.
He shook the thought as he turned on the TV and set up his Xbox. "You remember the rules?" he asked jokingly. "No crap gun. We open doors when I say we open doors. Actually, let's try something new. You choose when we open the doors."
Max smiled at his new idea. Ausha would probably open the doors at the most random times, but that was okay. Max could handle any game Ausha would throw his way.
All he needed was clear way to the mystery box and he was okay.

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Ausha nodded when he mentioned the rules but frowned when he told her she decided when to open the doors. But she just accpeted it. "Alright." She said and looked at the screen intensively. "Lets kick some zombie butt." She smiled taking the controller and waiting for the game to start.

Though she made it seem like she wasn't thinking about it, she could still feel his lips on hers. It felt so nice and it really was unlike any kiss she had recieved before. She got goosebumps at the thought of him doing it again. Stop it, Ausha. She looked up at the ceiling thinking of Jenny again. I really am a horrible person...

Ashen
10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Max made his character knife the few zombies that came to him on Round One. He was concentrating on getting the most points on Round Two by shooting the zombies before knifing them.
He looked to Ausha's side of the screen and made sure she wasn't down already. When he saw that she was fine he smiled and looked at her.
Ausha seemed dazed. He frowned. "Aush?" he called, not paying attention to the zombie that was coming up behind him. "Hey, you alright? You seem totally out of it."
He placed his controller on the floor and kneeled towards Ausha. "Hey, I really didn't mean what I said. Don't you believe me?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Ausha smiled at him, and her new nickname. "I believe you." She said softly. "I'm sorry I over reacted." She said resting her forehead on his. "I just thought you were upset with me." She admitted. She set the controller aside. She was down and so was he so there was no reason to have it in her hands. She looked over and saw a picture of him and Jenny and she pulled her forehead away from his but smiled to cover up the action. He didn't need to know all of she was thinking.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Max closed his eyes as Ausha's forehead pressed against his. When she lifted herself he opened his eyes and followed her gaze to the picture of home and Jen. His expression dropped and he looked back to Ausha, who was trying to hide her emotions.
Max tried to turn his attention back to the game. Yes, his Jennette was dead. But why did he have to wait before finding another love?
Max silently restarted the game and watched as the zombies made their way to his windows. A frown tugged at his lips lightly. "It's alright," he said, although he could have been talking to Ausha or himself.

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Ausha frowned when Max went back to the game. She played the game trying her harderst to not get down. It's alright.
Ausha blushed and looked at him then back at the game. If he said it was okay, she shouldn't let it bother her, right? She stayed silent and played the game, stabbing and shooting trying to avoid the zombies quickly appraoching.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Max didn't like the silence that filled the room. He searched his brain, trying to think of some story to tell or some encouragement to give.
Max stated at the gun on the wall his character was facing. It was a gun he wouldn't normally buy, a gun-in his opinion-was even worse than the starting pistol. He bought it anyway and smiled. "Let's see how much I can get out with this piece of crap," he joked and started firing.
Max stared at the zombie he had shot at, his jaw hanging. "That didn't even affect him." Still, Max was smiling.

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Ausha smiled though she had no idea what to do since zombies were coming from every side. "I think I'm gonna die." As soon as she said it she got down. "I'm sorry." She said though she giggled when she tried to stab one.

She leaned back on th ecouch and waited til she was revieved. She watched Max's screen as he killed zombie after zombie. She stabbed another one and watched him get down. "Yes! Victory is mine!" She giggled again.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Max glanced at Ausha's screen. He looked at all the zombies around him and tried to decide what he could do.
Going for Ausha would be fruitless; zombies would come at him too fast. Killing the zombies might take too long, and Max didn't have much time to spare.
Max switched out his gun and tried to shoot until he realised there were zombies behind him. "You mother-" he started but was darting off. He opened door after door until he found what he was looking for.
After two hits of the mystery box, Max had switched his crap gun for a ray gun. "Now this is awesome," he muttered. "Die bitches!"
With only a crawler leftover, Max made his way back to Ausha just in time. "Now you see all that? That was skill."
Max laughed and looked up at Ausha who had seen the whole thing. "Now we have more of the board," he said. "Go hit the box and hope for a thunder gun."

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Ausha laughed. "Skill? More like luck." She teased and nudged him before she went to the mystery box. "I killed a zombie while down so take that." She stuck her toungue out at him and giggled knowing it was nothing compared to what he did. She hit the mystery box and got a sniper rifle and a double pistol. No thunder gun but.... they looked like good guns, to her. Then she tried to aim with the sniper and frowned. "I'm gonna die."

Ashen
10-22-2011, 03:14 AM
"Luck?" Max snorted. "Yeah okay."
He watched Ausha hit the box and stifled a laugh. She would get crummy guns. "You can't afford it anymore. Great. Well I'll hit it once more and then you can knife the crawler, wherever the heck he is."
Max paid for another round and ended up with the teddy bear. With a sigh Max started walking around the mansion. "You just might want to switch out those pistols. Well, once you get enough points."

About two hours and twenty rounds later Max was cornered. His pack-a-punched ray gun didn't have a single bullet and his ballistics weren't doing much. "A little help here?" he called as he knifed another zombie to death.
A zombies voice called the one thing that was perfect at this time: "Insta-kill."
Max got a lot of points killing all the zombies that were following him. He smiled, proud of himself-until he noticed there were still two zombies attacking him.
His character fainted, and Max was more surprised than mad. "What the?"
He looked at Ausha. "Help?"
He knew she wouldn't be able to help him, not with all those zombies, so he sighed. There went his amazing weapons and perks. "Forget me. Go to the portal."
He got up and started for the stairs. "Jesus, look at the time. Are you thirsty?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Ausha yawned and nodded. "Yeah. Whatever you have." she said and yawned again as she went to the portal. She ahd gotten down more times she could count and she knew she wouldn't make it past this round. Well she would try at least. She laid her head back and looked around for zombies. Why in the world would anyone play this for two hours? She asked herself and closed her eyes for a second and when she opened them again she was surrounded by zombies. She gasped and shot zomie after zombie.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Max nodded and walked upstairs. He got two bottles of water and walked back downstairs. He listened to the sound of Ausha's gun going off and knew she wouldn't make it to the next round. Max sat down beside her and stated up at the screen. He was spectating, which meant he hadn't made it. "To your left," Max warned. "There's a window there and those things are still coming out. Careful."
He laid the bottle of water beside her and waited for her to fall.
"You're getting better," Max commented. "Look at you. Running around on round thirty-eight. I guess it helps that you had an amazing partner though."
Max smirked to himself as he took a sip of his own water.

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Ausha laughed and followed his suggestion. "This is pure talent, honey!" She smiled and killed a few more zombies before she got down. She looked over at Max and smiled. She picked up her water and took a drink. She yawned again and laid her head back against the couch. "Well that was fun." She smield setting the controller down.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 04:00 AM
"Yeah," Max agreed, smiling. "Except that one zombie on round fourteen that took my quick revive."
He shut off the console and laid his head against the carpet. "So it's pretty late, huh?" he pointed, surprised he had spent so much time on Call of Duty with a girl. "I can't even imagine what Ferdi has been doing all this time. I have a feeling I'll find out soon enough."
Max didn't really want Ausha to leave, but he knew it was best if she got home to her cat and her own warm bed.
A bed he'd love to spend a night in.
Max's eyes widened at his own thoughts. He was angry with himself for thinking something so stupid. Max cleared his throat, hoping Ausha didn't notice his facial expressions.

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 04:13 AM
Ausha looked at him in time to see his face change and it made her heart beat faster. She shifted slightly, "Yeah it is." She said and took another drink. "I suppose you want me out of you hair." She stretched after her drink of water and stood up. She pulled her hair out of her ponytail and ran her fingers through it, getting the knots out.

She looked down at Max again and smiled at him. She really wanted another kiss. She wanted to stay here with him but she knew she couldn't due to Winney and the fact that... after how the night went before she didn't know if she could.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Max didn't know how to reply to Ausha. He didn't want her out of his hair.
He wanted her to stay.
Max glanced at the clock again. It was only nine, which wasn't late enough to avoid the nighttime traffic, but it was worth a shot.
"I never did like driving at night," Max said slowly, still wondering if this would work. "One of my foster parents died in a car accident trying to pick me up from a friend's house when I deliberately disobeyed them and stayed after curfew. Well, that was years ago, but those roads are still crazy. If you want you can stay here for the night."
So much for running around naked, Max thought, but it was worth it.

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Ausha wasn't shocked at the offer but she still blushed bright red. What should she say? She wanted to and he WAS offering so... "I would love to." The words came out before she could further think about it. "And yeah, nighttime taxi's aren't fun to be in." added hoping not to make herself look as desperate as she just had. "Proboably safer if I stay she smiled at sat back down.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Perfect, Max thought.
"I'll just get a room ready for you. Maybe I can get you some pajamas too. Wait here."
Max walked up the stairs and into his only guest room, smiling all the way. He pulled back the sheets on the bed and fluffed the pillows until it looked welcoming.
He went to his room and rummage through some drawers. He pulled out Jennette's sexy nightgown that she had left once and his face turned red.
Ausha would never wear this in front of him. At least not yet.
He shoved the dress back into the drawer and tried looking for something else that could have belonged to Jenny. All he found were dresses far too short and he gave an aggravated sigh.
Max resorted to his next plan and got a T shirt from his drawer. It'd be big on Ausha, by his choices were to overdress her or underdress her.
He wanted the later, but he knew that wasn't happening.
Max pulled out some shorts out and brought them and his shirt to the bathroom.
He walked back down to Ausha. "I got you something to change into, although it'll probably be a little big. It's in the bathroom if you want to take a shower."

CuteLilRedhead
10-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Ausha smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." She said as she walked up the stair. She went in the bathroom and closed the door quietly. She turned on the water and stripped to nothing while it got warm.
After her shower she put her hair in a bun then looked at her temperary pajama's. A large shirt with shorts. She smiled and pulled the shirt over her head noticing how it smelled like Max. She blushed and pulled on the shorts. Before she opened the door she made sure she didn't have any stray hairs or anything.
When she was satisfied she opened the door and looked around for Max. The shirt was bigger then expected due to her pettite figure. It looked like a very comfy dress with shorts showing but it hung off her shoulder.

Ashen
10-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Max stared at the door as he heard the water run. He wanted to open it, but then he cursed himself for even thinking that.
Max just wanted to know how different Ausha was from Jen. He wanted to know who was better; who was worse.
Max went to his master bedroom and lay down on one of his pillows. He stared at his red walls, his burgundy rug. Paintings hung along his walls, oil paintings of pointless things he didn't care about.
He never noticed how his room was more Jenny than it was him until now. Max shook his head.
He would remodel his room, but his money was disappearing.

When the bathroom door opened Max got up to make sure Ausha was okay. He allowed himself to stare at her entire body before bringing his eyes to find hers. "I thought that would be smaller," he admitted. "Sorry."

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 12:32 AM
"Oh no! I like it. It's comfy." Ausha smiled and twirled in a circle. "I hope I'm not an inconvience with the bed and clothes." She said looking at him. She was bare foot and she felt odd being barefoot in someone ele's house. She stood on her tippy toes loving the feel of the carpet then shrank back down.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Max smiled as Ausha twirled with the grace of a ballerina. "You aren't an inconvenience at all," he assured. "It's been some time since my last sleepover. Well, other than..." Max's voice trailed but he seemed unfazed.
He led Ausha to the guest room where Ferdi was chewing on a squeaky toy. "I thought I threw that out," Max sighed as he took the noisy toy from Ferdi. "Aren't you tired yet, big guy? It's been a long day."
Ferdinand walked out of the room and to his own bed in the living room. He made himself comfortable and closed his eyes.
Max turned back to Ausha. "You alright sleeping here?" he asked. ""If you want you can sleep in the master bedroom."

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 01:49 AM
"No, wherever you'll have me is fine." Ausha pulled the blanket over her and stared at the ceiling. She felt so weird being in his clothes and in his house. She looked at the t shirt and then at him. Oh how she wanted a good night kiss. Or perhaps more than a kiss. She turned red and was thankful he couldn't see her. She turned to her side and listened to her thoughts until her eyes began to get heavy.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Max smiled as Ausha snuggled into the blanket. He stood there stupidly until he realised what he was doing and turned towards the door. He flipped the light off before heading to his own bedroom.
Max changed into long, loose pants and a sleeveless shirt. He climbed onto his bed and tried to go to sleep but his thoughts were on the girl across the hall.
Habitually, his fingers went to his side, the side Jen usually was laying. He sighed as his fingers brushed the pillow.
Max closed his eyes and eventually fell asleep.

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 02:54 AM
When Ausha woke up she stretched and walked sleepily to the bathroom. She washed her face in cold water then walked back to the bedroom, she looked at the clock. It was about nine and she was so thankful it was Saturday. She fixed her hair and then peeked out to see if Max was awake. She tip toed to him and smiled to see him still asleep. She decided to do something that was totally not her, but he made her want to be more adventurous. She leaned over and kissed him gently then stepped back to see if he would wake.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Max rolled over in his sleep just after Ausha kissed him. He opened his eyes slowly and stared up at Ausha. Max sat up and leaned himself against the headboard and instinctively touched his fingers to his lips. Thinking perhaps this was a dream, Max leaned his head against the headboard and rubbed his head.
"Morning," he muttered, not knowing what else to say or do.
He turned and got out of bed. "Not the wakeup call I'm used to getting, I'll admit." Max looked around, then added, "Where is that dumb dog?"

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Ausha smiled at him when he opened his eyes then watched him get out of bed. "Morning." She said then looked around for Ferdinand. "I haven't seen him since last night." She stretched again and the shirt went up then she walked in the guest room and looked for Ferdinand. She patted her knees but he didn't come so she went back to Max.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Max stretched his shoulders and walked over to his living room. "Ferdi!" he called sharply. A few moments later he came bounding up the stairs. "What were you doing downstairs?" Max asked but he was too tired to care.
Max walked back to his room and stared at Ausha. He wiped at his lips gently, still dazed from his sleep. "Is that how you wake everyone in the morning?" he murmured as a yawned escaped from his mouth. "I'm hungry. You want some pizza?"
He turned back to go to the kitchen but paused to see what Ausha would say.

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 04:47 AM
"No. I don't wake anyone like that." Ausha smiled. When he asked if she wanted pizza she shook her head no. "I'm okay. Thank you though." She walked to the kitchen with Max and sat down on a chair and looked at him. "SO how did you seleep?" Sh easked rubbing her eyes then looking at him again.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Max took out a single slice of pizza from the fridge and stuffed it in the microwave. He sat across from Ausha and used his hands as supports for his head. "It was alright," he muttered, although that was a total lie.
Max hadn't gotten much sleep last night. He had dreamt Jen came back from the dead and was warning Ausha, but he couldn't make out her exact words.
Now, Max was exhausted, and probably going a little insane.
His microwave beeped and he placed the slice of pizza on a plate. "How did you sleep?" he asked as he stared at his pizza.

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 05:01 AM
"I slept alright." Ausha said looking at him. He seemed very out of it though she knew he didn;t sleep well. She reached over and put her hand on his. "Are you okay?" She asked, worry was thick in her voice. Her thumb brushed back adn forth on his hand to let him know she was here for him.

She had a bad dream but it was only that Max never got free so it wasn't so bad. She laid her chin on the table to make it easier to look him in the eyes.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Max stared at Ausha for a while before finally speaking. "You know, if I actually believed in the supernatural, I would think Jennette is haunting me."
He broke off a piece of his pizza and stuffed it into his mouth. "I've been having nightmares about the girl ever since I found her. If ghosts do exist she'd better leave me alone."
Max seemed a little rougher than he should, but he didn't notice. He was sleep deprived and didn't care about much right now.

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 05:11 AM
AUsha took her hand back. His tone was off and she felt like it ws best to not tip the sword. "I'm...I'm sorry." SHe said softly really not knowing what to say. "I shouldn't of woken you \." SHe addded and leaned back inthe chair.SHe pulled a eg up and rested her chin in her knee as she fell silent. She kept her eyes on the table as she ran a finger up and down her leg. She took a deep breath after moment s of silece and said. " I guess I should head home."SHe said though she didn;t want to leave him in this state. SHe stood and was headed to the bedroom to get her clothes.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Max watched Ausha rise and was after her instantly. "Stop apologizing, dammit," he muttered under his breath, loud enough for her to hear.
He leaned her against a wall and pressed his forehead to hers, not wanting her to leave just yet. He tried to make up his mind, and decided it'd be best if he left his little plan for another day.
Max gave Ausha a soft kiss on the cheek and took a step back. He stared right into her eyes, planning every detail of his plans in his mind.
"Goodbye, Aush," he murmured and turned back to the kitchen.

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Ausha was taken back by his tone but then he seemed more gentle when he placed her forehead to hers. Then when he said goodbye she frowned. "I'll talk to you later." She said though she wasn't so sure if he would talk to her. She gathered her stuff then walked to the door. Ferdinand was right on her heels. She smiled and kneeled down. "Bye sweetie." She kissed his forehead and scratched behind his ear. "I'll hope to see you later as well." She whispered to the dog and smiled when he licked her face.

Ashen
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Max's eyes were on Ausha as she gathered all of her things and left. He wore a smile as the door shut behind her, but his disappointed eyes contradicted his smirk.
"There she goes, Ferdi," he muttered and the dog looked up upon hearing his name.
Max gathered the clothes Ausha had used as pajamas and threw them in a hamper. He pulled off his own clothes and got a hot bath ready.
When he finished his bath he put on a pale blue button-down shirt and khaki slacks. He went back to his pizza on the table, although he wasn't hungry. Max shoved the pizza back in the fridge and gave Ferdinand his food.
With a sigh, he decided to face his boss. He dialed his work number and waited for them to pick up.
"Maximillion," came a sharp voice on the other end.
"Hey, funny story actually," Max tried, but was cut off.
"I don't want to hear it Max. Every news channel has you as their story, their leading story. I don't care if you did it or not, Max, but you are fired."
The line went dead and Max held the phone numbly in his hands. He knew it was coming, but it still hurt.
Just like Jennette's death.

CuteLilRedhead
10-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Ausha went home and fed Winifred who was furious with her. She went to her cupboard and got some noodles down. Her stomach was growling at her. She turned the TV to news and started to boil hot water. The woman's voice on the TV annouced that Max had another girlfriend. Ausha turned arounf in time to see the moment when Max hugged her after the trial. She walked into the living room and listened to the women.

"It didn't take long for Maximillion Baker to move on from his dead girlfrined, Jennete Lowski, found raped and murdered in her own house. Baker found her and asked this woman, Ausha Wellington for a phone to call local authorities." the women went on about what happened in the case and Ausha turned into to the local cartoons which happened to be playing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Ashen
10-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Max logged onto his computer and stared at the screen. He needed to look for a new job, but everyone knew him as the one who raped his girlfriend. He could never find a new job now.
Maybe he could wait for the press to die down a little, or maybe he'd just pick up his things and move to another country.
He stared at the desktop of his computer, a pink sky streaked with orange sunlight. In the picture, the sun was just rising.
Max had a smirk on his face as he went to Beneficial Bank's website. He knew how to hack into it, which would give him enough money to last until all the press died out.
Max hesitated, then looked at Ferdi. Ferdi was staring up at Max, wagging his tail.
Max turned back to his computer and opened up the back door. Bank websites were never easy to hack, but nothing in life was easy.
Opening a new tab, Max withdrew four hundred dollars from some random person's account to his own.
Satisfied, he turned his moniter off and went to lay on his couch.

CuteLilRedhead
10-24-2011, 02:11 AM
Ausha looked around for her phone and she realized she had left it at his house. "Shit." she murmured and thought about goig back but his tone is what stopped her. She hoped no one from work was going to call her. She took her hair out of her bun and walked to the boiling water and made her noodles.

The day passed so slowly and she had spent all day in front of the TV watching anything from SpongeBob SquarePants to Hell's Kitchen. She even watched Dirty Jobs. With a sigh she looked at the time and it was about six. She decided she needed her phone so she went to her home phone and dialed her cell number knowing it would ring. She hoped he'd answer it so she could tell him she was headed back. She didn't know his cell by heart.

Ashen
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Max was having another nightmare, something that occurred much too often nowadays.
Jennette was staring him down, keeping a good distance of about five feet. Her mouth was pulled into a tight line and her eyes looked watery. Max held a hand out to her, causing her to swiftly step back. "Jenny," Max cooed. "I won't hurt you."
"That's what you said before I died," Jen barked as a tear fell down her cheek.
"But don't you see?" Max asked. "You can leave this world now, Jen. You can go to heaven."
Jen burst into tears. "You bastard," she screeched. "You don't believe in heaven. And I would have preferred to stay on Earth. I would have preferred you dead."
Jennette's figure faded, leaving Max alone in the darkness.

Max startled awake as Ferdinand licked his hand. He jumped off the couch and stared at his dog, who was whimpering and facing his guest bedroom.
Max dragged himself to the bedroom and found a cell phone which was probably Ausha's. He stared down at the screen and once he saw her phone was receiving a call from her house he answered.
"Aush?" he said, still wiping sleep from his eyes. "Hey."

CuteLilRedhead
10-25-2011, 03:17 AM
"Hey! Umm... As you can see I left my phone there so is it okay of I come back to get it?" Ausha asked hoping he was in a better mood. "It must have fell out of my pants pocket while I was changing." She explained trying not to think too much about earlier. His tone wasn't something she was used to or prepared for. She waited for a reply from him.

Ashen
10-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Max laid down on the guest bed for a second before realising Ausha had slept in this very same spot, maybe even the same position.
"Sure, come on over," he replied. "Just can't get enough of me, huh?" Max smirked to himself and ended the call. He looked to Ferdinand. "Why do I keep getting these freaking nightmares as if I did something?" He asked him.
The dog stared blankly at Max.
"I could understand if you know, Jen had been someone to blame people who had nothing to do with the crime. But Jenny wasn't even like that."
Ferdinand whined, his eyes a soft brown.
"Why am I talking to you?" Max asked as he sat up on his bed. "You believe me though, don't you boy?"
Ferdi stayed put for a moment. He turned around and walked out of the room, his answer.
Hell no.

CuteLilRedhead
10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Ausha fed Winney again and then stopped at the front door. She went to her bedroom and grabbed a nightgown with shorts and a tank top a well as a toothbrush and toothpaste, in case she eneded up spending the night again. His joke about her not getting enough of him made her smiled. Perhaps he was in a better mood.

About 45 minutes later she was at his apartment again. She knocked on his door and swayed on her feet until he answered. She looked down at her feet feeling a little nervous though she wasn't sure why.

Ashen
10-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Max turned the TV on some cartoon he had never heard of but sat to watch it anyway. Eventually it bored him so he got up again and walked to his bedroom. He stared at himself in the mirror until he heard a knock at his door.
Ferdi started to bark and Max silently swore.
He went to his living room and opened the door. "Hey there," Max greeted. "Oh, phone, right."
Max went to get Ausha's phone and brought it to her. He noticed all the things she had brought and hesitated. "Come in."

CuteLilRedhead
10-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Ausha looked at her bag. "Oh, that's just in case. "You don't... I don't..." She fumbled over her words. She fell silent and stepped inside. She looked down as her cheeks turned bright red. Ferdinand jumped up and licked her making her smile a little but pushing him off so he didn't get in trouble.

Ashen
10-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Max sighed as Ausha looked for words. He walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. Max gently brushed his lips over her. "You're too tense," he pointed. "Calm down."
Max pushed away but held Ausha firmly in his grasp. He stared into her beautiful eyes. "I upset you," he said, more a statement than a question. He tried to think of what he had done and decided he had upset her before she had left. "God Ausha, why didn't you tell me? Show me? I'm sorry."
He placed his forehead to hers. "I don't want you mad at me. I don't like when people are mad at me. It leads to regrets, and I don't want to have any."

CuteLilRedhead
10-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Ausha looked at him. "I wasn't upset with you. I thought you were upset with me." She said a little confused. "It thought I had upset you by waking you." She said thinking her kiss was what upset him. She looked into his eyes with one eyebrow raised and was certain that that was what had made him so short with her that morning. "I should have let you sleep." She added but didn't take her eyes away from his.

Ashen
10-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Max took a step back, trying to take Ausha's sentence apart. "When I die, I'll be sleeping for the rest of eternity. But I only have you while I'm alive."
He smiled earnestly and his eyes softened. "You can wake me up at three in the morning everyday for the rest of our lives and I won't be mad at you."
Max's eyes fell to Ausha's things that she had brought, in case she were to have another sleepover. He smiled and looked back up at her.
"How long before I charge you rent?" he teased and pulled her into an embrace.

CuteLilRedhead
10-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Ausha smiled and hugged him back. "I think by a month I'll be okay with payong rent." She giggled and closed her eyes while they hugged. He had this scent that was masculine and perfect. She didn't know how to explain it but she loved the smell and it made her heart gpo all kinds of crazy. "So when can Winney move in?" She teased and kissed his cheek.

Ashen
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Max smirked and pulled away from Ausha. He looked to Ferdi, who was chewing on an old pillow. "Hey Ferd," Max called and the dog looked up at his master. "When can Winney move in?"
Ferdinand stared from Max to Ausha and went back to chewing his pillow.
"Well there you have it," Max said, turning his gaze back to Ausha. "I'm not really sure how to take that either."
Max didn't stop his finger from moving to Ausha's hair and wrapping a curl around it. "Is this Head & Shoulder?" he asked. Max smoothed Ausha's hair and inhaled its scent.
The conditioner smelled just like Jennette's, and Max suddenly felt aggitated.
Jen is gone.

CuteLilRedhead
10-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Ausha smiled and nodded. "Yes it is." She blushed and looked him in the eyes setting her purse to the side. She watched him closely and when he inhaled her scent, she saw a small glimspse of emotion cange in his eyes. She looked into his eyes and leaned forward a little brushing her lips on his as he did to her.

Ashen
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Max went numb as Ausha brushed her lips over his, odd behaviour for him. His eyes were open and he just watched Ausha silently.
He was wondering if now would be a good time, if he'd be able to get this over with soon.
Deciding, Max dragged Ausha to his master bedroom and laid her down on the bed. Lips away from hers, he silently fell beside her with a playful smile. His hand lay flat on her chest, waiting for any sign from Ausha that would tell him it was okay.

CuteLilRedhead
10-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Ausha turned to Max and ran a hand across his chest. She looked at him and smiled. She knew that this was too soon and she was terrified but she was tired of living in fear. She pulled lightly at his shirt then looked into his eyes. She wanted to help him but she also wanted him to help her and maybe this was the way to do it. She turned her body and moved closer to him.

Ashen
10-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Max's eyes gleamed as Ausha accepted silently. He tugged at her shirt until it was over her head. Once in his hands, he threw it to the floor. Max turned to his bureau and stopped. He got up and walked over to it.
He grabbed his sister's brooch and Jennette's necklace and walked back to his bed.
Max sat next to Ausha and held the two peices of jewlery up. He decided now was a great time to come clean.
"I'm a genius," Max stated. "I got a scholarship to Harvard. A freaking scholarship."
His crystal blue eyes were still on the two peices of jewlery in his hands. "I hacked my computer so I could get anything I wanted for free. I steal money too."
Acting as though this were everyday conversation, Max looked up at Ausha. "This used to belong to my foster mother's daughter, my sister of sorts. Her name was Katie Tyler. She was only a year older than me. I took this from her the day she was mercilessly raped and murdered."
His eyes were so pale they looked grey as he stared at Ausha, waiting for her reaction.
It was true; everyone he loved was always stripped away from him. He was just worried Ausha would see it the wrong way.

CuteLilRedhead
10-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Ausha took in everything he was saying. She looked at the jewels in hsii hand as he arms covered herself. She felt so vulnerable. "You...lied?" She asked. Her green eyes slowly lifted to his. "I..." She couldn't finish. She sat so still it didnt even look like she was breathing. Her eyes never left his.

Ashen
10-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Max's eyes softened as he cupped Ausha's face. "I had to," he murmured quietly.
He held up the necklace, the one with Jennette's name in swirly letters. "This was taken from Jennette Lowski, the morning of her rape and murder."
He set the two pieces of jewlery down on the bed gently and looked to Ausha's neck. He snatched the chain that circled her neck and gently took it off of her.
"Aush?" he said, looking right into her eyes. He grabbed both of her wrists and shoved them into the bed, making her immoble. He laid his head against hers as he whispered his next words.
"I'm a serial rapist."
He waited for his words to sink in, not daring to look at her. It was never something a girl wanted to hear, but Max was always the one to break it to them.
A smile crawled across his face as he glared into Ausha's eyes. "And you, my dear, are my next victim."

CuteLilRedhead
10-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Ausha's eyes widened. "No." She chocked out. She looked into his eyes. The words he said finally hit and the moment they did she started her fight. She kicked and struggled against his hold. She screamed hoping someone, anyone would hear. When her struggles were to no avial she glared into his eyes. "I believed you. I helped you!" Her voice didn't feel like her own. It had a growl. She started fighting him again hoping that just one hit would make him losen his grip.

Ashen
10-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Max released his grasp from just one of her wrists as he cupped her face. "I know, I know," he cooed. "It was too easy."
His finger traced her body seductively. "You know, I knew Katie for a year before I killer her," he informed, not looking up. "I knew Jennette for eight years. And you," he said, looking into her eyes. "I knew you for what, two weeks? You really shouldn't trust the first man you find on the street, darling."
Ferdinand walked into the room, a growl emerging from his throat. His teeth were bared as he stared right at Max. His eyes gave a very clear message.
Fuck off.
In a swift motion the dog had bitten Max's hand, ripping his skin apart and causing blood to rise to his skin. Max cried out in pain and leapt off the bed. He stared at his hand for a moment before looking back to Ausha.
She knew lawyers. There was no way in hell he was letting this one go.
Knowing the phone was the first thing she reached for, Max yanked open his drawer and pulled out gleaming brass knuckles. "Don't you dare," he growled.
Ferdinand stood beside Ausha, his growl like thunder.

CuteLilRedhead
10-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Ausha looked at him then the brass knuckles. She thought hard. Where was her phone? She looked down at her pocket. Then she looked at the door. She could run for it but she was not going to leave Ferdinand. He protected her. Max was close to the door so that woould be a suicide move to run. She climbed off the bed and went to the wall where a window was. "You will pay for this. I cannot believe I was so stupid. You... You looked so hurt that she was gone!" Ausha moved one hand to the window to make it look like she was going for the window but she put the other hand in her pocket and clicked the send button to the last person who was called. Henry.

Ashen
10-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Max let out a small laugh and walked over to Ausha, or at least as close as he could get before Ferdi ran up to him.
The dog barked at Max sharply. Max shook his head slowly. "I trained you, you damn mutt. I have been living with you ever since Jen picked you up from the pound. Why are you betraying me for someone who's known you for less than a week?"
Ferdinand took a step forward.
Because she's innocent.
Max ignored the dog and looked at Ausha. "I was quite the actor, wasn't I? That was a little skill I picked up in one foster home. Damn woman wanted me to eat these things that looked like brain matter."
Max squeezed his brass knuckles slightly. "Get on the bed."

CuteLilRedhead
10-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Ausha knew she wouldnt be able to get away. She tried to window for her efforts but it wouldn't open. She glared at Max. "No! I will not get on the bed! I am leaving one way or another! Whether I am beaten to death or you are." She threatened as she scanned the room with her perifial vision. She needed a weapon. He already proved that she is too weak to fight him without one. She looked at the door to the living room. She noticed the jewelry then he idea errupted.

Ashen
10-27-2011, 01:36 AM
"So we have a fighter," Max murmured to himself. "Katie was a fighter too. Imagine, even at thirteen I was stronger than her struggle for her life."
He walked over to Ausha casually and placed his hands in the walls on either side of her. She was trapped in his cage.
"Aush, why don't you just make this simple like Jennette did? Just go with the flow and it will all be over soon." He held his knuckles up to the window, letting them reflect. "Okay?"
Ferdinand barked at Max loudly, piercing his ears. The dog snapped his jaws on his leg.
Max looked down and kicked Ferdi forcefully. "You think it's fucking easy to get money so I can send you off to obeidience school?" he spat, closing his eyes in pain. "My profession doesn't provide very good pay."
He looked to Ausha for confirmation.
Max pulled Ausha into a hug and gave her a little squeeze. "So are we going to do this the hard way?"