PDA

View Full Version : [R]Distance Between.

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 04:41 AM
World:
The world consists of several bordering countries all ruled by lords, fuhrers, kings, emperors and the like.
Women have not yet reached high places of power but are treated as equals, however most still reside in assistant areas or house wife but as in today women do join militaries and have violent backgrounds of choice. The only people that are disgraced are those who are magically augmented, theres a source of metal that is malleable and easily attached to peoples bodies as prosthetic arms or legs. These prosthetic can sometimes have strange occurrences molding with the body that can actually allow mental control over the metal specific part, however this is noted as a curse not a gift being as it also means that you have been plagued with a lethal virus that can shorten a lifespan up to 10 to 15 years.
The world is primarily the same as our own religion and science tend to dictate the world and how it progresses and also tend to start war and plague across the world.
small moving inventions like bikes or flying machines do exist however they run of steam or the power source of the metal used in prosthetic. gunpowder or explosive material is not harvestable in this world however it does exist.
The status quo is currently very unsettled, and on the verge of war.
Certain countries augment their soldiers and other are against it, yours is against it and the population is prejudice against people who use it.
Militaries do posses fire power but not in the sense of gun, it generally maybe a long range cannon, or smaller transportable cannons, and certain handheld cannons, but all are large and very similar to railguns and unable to be used handheld unless augmented directly into the body
Armestis- Place of beginning
Folkore
Memirzia
Cortalizion
Hierarchy 13-August
Hierarchy 77- Impal
Hierarchies 36- 57 are wasteland territories and inhabited by people who are running form the law

Bio:
Name: Aubrey Sutton
Personality: Brash, and very quick to make haste desiscions without thought of consequence.
A very high moral standard ironically tends to push him away from religion and more toward science however hypocritcally his belief in progress toward
"Evolutio Hominis" potentially may cause him to make less than moral desicsions.
His values due include human life although it is acceptable to lose life during progression.
He is distant but can become quite warm.
Highly intelligent he generally surrounds himself with people at his level or above but within range to teach him new things.
His absolute obsession with new experiences drives him to do most of what he's done he is considered "Jack of All Trades" and by some former friends referred to as Jack of Spades as a joke for military background however this was before augmentations in his home countries miliary so, it was several years before he gained the implant as his left arm, quickly after was diagnosed with the "Metalias Virolica" The disease lethal to all humans with no found cure.
Many things about him are very set but very easily changed only several will never change at all in his charatcer development.
Firm belief in logic over faith(although sometimes the two coencide)
The care of those close to him to the extent of cost of his own life
His belief that everything is expendable for the right price. (Except for close relationships)
All things aside from those can change based on his relationship with other charcters

Story:
The adventure actually takes them around the world searching for a cure (Hopefully create a charatcer without an implant who is very wanting of the cure for some reason or other, possibly changing the reason because of the relationship or something)
for "Metalias Virolica" and brings them to see the corruptions of the world and or the things that are beautiful and or disturbing.
Its a story that values high growth in charatcers but also puts them in the situations that can possibly altar the future of people or the worlds status quo itself.
At some points they are given the responsibility of the world and the original innocent journey takes them into a position of being gaurdians and creating a secret society that watches over everything

Car'mael
09-18-2011, 05:24 AM
Name: Saffron

Race: Human

Description:
An elegant and noticably beautiful woman of class, she stands about 5-foot-5-inches tall, with a slender figure that enhances the beauty of her favorable endowments. Her waist-long blonde hair has hints of red highlights within its soft waves, with tendrils that frame a heart-shaped face, slim lines of eyebrows, full rosy lips, long dark lashes, and playfully intelligent green eyes. She carries herself with a graceful, dignified, and genial air, almost bonelessly, confident in herself and her place in the world. Her voice is cultured, soft, and pleasantly low and husky.

Usually she wears the latest fashion, expensive as it may be. Partial to green to enhance her eyes, or scarlet to show off her hair, these usually have a reasonably low front, narrow waist, and follow her body’s slender yet feminine lines to accentuate her attributes without flaunting them too obviously. Often she also throws a large, loose, open-fronted kimono/robes over her dress, rather than wear a cloak or cape—and such is usually brilliantly patterned and embroidered to compliment her current attire. This is not just to draw attention to herself visually, but these specially tailored kimonos/robes are usually also made to be practical for the seasonal weather patterns.

Typically she carries a fan on her person, roughly ten inches long when folded, though she has a variety to choose from for any occassion or outfit. Her favorite seems to be of ebony and silk with jade inlay on the edges.

Personality:
A lady of subtle charms, she tends to be rather playful and attentive to others, quite happy to “play the game” but as loyal to her patron as a dog. Saffron is a wonderful companion, gentle and polite and adhering to ceremony, yet tending towards truthfulness when she can in the circles of high society. Despite her past and present making her a worldly woman, she has remained kind-hearted and quietly light of spirit, even mischievous.

Strengths:
Saffron is an augmented and carefully-bred creature known as a Companion, a human who had been altered for greater agility, speed, grace, and beauty, of a line bred for high intellect and to have a gentle, submissive nature yet preserve spirit. Because of their alterations and special breeding and their innate need to be with another human, they are expensive and highly prized, but controlled along the lines of pets and not given the same rights as people. They often act as courtesians and spouses and mistresses, or dancers and acrobats.

Companion to a territory's Lord, Saffron has an unusually extensive education on a wide variety of topics (even many pointless topics), and quite adept at diplomacy and negotiation, especially that of higher circles. Rubbing elbows with the high-and-mighty for some time, she is a pleasant one for them to keep company with due to her deference, charm, wit, and wide knowledge. She has been amid courts and intrigues since childhood, and plays with the best of the wealthy and titled at it.

Due to this experience at courts--and their intrigues--she has also become adept at handling a small dagger or long hair-pin in self-defense (and as a deterrent) at close quarters… and learned much about poisons and drugs, though she does not resort to using such herself. She knows of basic bandaging and first-aid for wounds and injuries, some commonly-known aids for avoiding pregnancy and dealing with common ills, but nothing beyond that.

Her skills include tea ceremonies, flower arranging, and minor handicrafts any gentlewoman of high society knows. She is an adept dancer of more styles than most know even exist. Yet Saffron is always willing to learn more, even on things that she may never find a use for.

Weaknesses:
Saffron was specially bred and genetically augmented to be a Companion, and thus not truly part of high society, for all she can play the role. Her rights are limited due to being augmented, and as it means she has no power to back her up unless someone becomes her “patron”. She needs a patron, or else she would eventually pine away. The worst torment and death one can give a Companion is to lock them up all alone, until they stop eating and die of loneliness...

She has no ability with certain household activities such as cooking and sewing. She has vague ideas of how to clean at all, and usually relies on hired help to serve her housekeeping needs… and often a maid for personal needs, though those she can manage by herself when pressed.

Saffron cannot fight physically beyond her minor self-defense skills. She has special insight at reading people (expressions, posture, voice, and attitude) that it may seem magical at times.

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Damn wish i could write bios like that haha

Car'mael
09-18-2011, 05:55 AM
I actually adapted another older char of mine from elsewhere. Took a long time to write her up then, and a lot of spellchecking and editing, but worth it, eh? ;)

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 06:00 AM
definately im not much on writing huge bios because i love leaving the mystery!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAH

Car'mael
09-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Lol. Well, it's always good to leave some openings for imagination, because chars develop with playing. So long as it's readable and not god-modding, I'm fine with it. :)

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 06:45 AM
god modding, simple and clean the worst thing ever but i rarely find roleplayers who can avoid it..thats why i liek this site.

Car'mael
09-18-2011, 07:05 AM
It's easy to avoid, with one rule. Make no character that some lucky and simple bastard of a human can't bring down, somehow. ;) If some lucky Joe Shmo can't succeed when the right circumstances are found, well, that's maybe too powerful. Even the strongest dragon should be able to crash somehow to a sea of rats... and Golliath to a rock.

To put it mildly, never make a char you yourself can't take out if you're lucky. ;)

Besides, that way if something happens RL, you can suddenly throw in, "Balthazar the Powerful took a hit to the head from a thrown rock and got knocked out." and you can pick him up when you get back to the RP. ;) Plus you can have half the female team-members fawning all over him when he does and while he tries to recover, offering some character development in relationships. Someone overly strong and protected can only be killed out of the game, or played, and they get no sympathy...

I've played message-board RPs for 15 years. I've tried the strong and powerful dragons and demon-kin and angels to a lowly middle-aged human woman cook who hit orcs with a frying pan. I prefer the latter. You can mess with people SO much more with them. In fact, the favorite was an insane elf with virtually no magic and carrying only non-magical weapons, and he really messed with some strong enemies to the point they dreaded him--because he did stuff like fight with flour, pet rocks, a bag of salt, frozen frogs, and other odd items... and other players I know of old still love him for that. He was my legendary creation... tho he's sadly retired, being over 15 years old and as developed as he will ever be.

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 07:12 AM
I had a teacher charatcer everyone adored on my old site
this one im playing is brand new
he essentially crazy for whatever reason suits the rp
but almost like split mroe in certain moments than as a whole
I think the biggest issue for me is time, one second stuff is happening the next its different but like how long would a post be taking for in tgerms of time

Car'mael
09-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Hehe. If she can't get in to request it, she might just try and find him so she can ask him to do it. ;)

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 07:45 AM
No worries, he'll prolly make do one things or the other depending on the situation

Car'mael
09-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I hate to bail, but I gotta go for now. Getting late... er, rather early, here. Around 3am's my abolute limit. I'll add more Saffron tonight. Don't worry--she has more spice than she's currently showing.

Anti-Hero
09-18-2011, 07:54 AM
gnight ma dear no worries ill be on tomorrow