PDA

View Full Version : WoRPA Character Classes

Imp
09-18-2011, 06:55 PM
WARNING: This thread correlates with the Skills thread. If skills prove to be a nullified idea, then this will also cease to exist or play part in WoRPA.

Picture this if you will...
You arrive to create a character and you have a choice to either choose from a list of ideal pre-set classes that contain skills that best fit with it OR have the ability to name your own class and thus choose several skills you enjoy best.

Does that sound fair in the sake of freedom in choice?

Also, with these pre-set classes, I'm picturing the following...
(BTW thanks for all of you in the WoRPA group in coming up with class ideas. I have taken them all into consideration and merely simplified them so they compliment the optional Skills in WoRPA.)

------------------------------
Warrior class
------------------------------
Paladin
Holy abilities, Defence Bonus, Heavy Armor,

Knight
Heavy Armor, Berserker, Heavy Armor,

Martial Artist
Fleet on Foot, Agile, Master at hand to hand
-----------------------------------------
Job class
-----------------------------------------
Blacksmith
Fix weapons, Create weapons, Weapons Mastery

Assassin
Stealth, Trapper, Agile

Scholar
Survivalist, Learn skills faster, speechcraft

Shaman
Adventurer, Healer, Revive

--------------------------------------
Magi class
--------------------------------------
Priest
Healer, Defence Spells, Holy Abilities

Mage
Shapeshift, telepathy, teleport

Necromancer
Revive the Dead, Learn skills faster, Demonic powers

Elementalist
Control Elements, Learn skills faster, Teleport

-----------------------------------
Marksman/ Other
----------------------------------
Gunslinger
Marksman, fleet on foot, agile,

Sniper
marksman, Fleet on Foot, trapper

Thief
Fleet on Foot, Stealth, Steal

Adventurer
Learn skills faster, Fleet on Foot, Survivalist

We obviously don't need a boatload of classes so many of these in here can be scrapped.

PLEASE NOTE: This list of classes have outdated skills that I planned some weeks ago. I will update them later...
CHECK THIS FOR CURRENT SKILLS/SPELLS (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=738197#post738197)

SikstaSlathalin
09-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Red Mage is more a sub class of Elementalist having power over Fire isn't it? We could probably scrap Red Mage and just have the players distinguish what Collage they follow.

Ranger, Sniper and Adventurer could probably be combined into just the general class of Adventurer.

Ninja, Spy and Assassin could be grouped since Ninja covers all of those basically.

The warrior classes looked good but maybe turn Rajput into more of a Tribal warrior thing since not a lot of people know what a Rajput is

Imp
09-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Glad to see some activity on here!
Thanks for the input.
Guess I'll start trimming the fat.

Kiall
09-19-2011, 06:42 AM
this might seem a bit trite but I take issue with Adventurer being a class, I mean an adventurer is anyone going on an adventure, you don't need any particular skill to do that

"Steve the goat farmer decided to have an adventure looking for his favorite shoe" see Steve would technically be an Adventurer,

a better term would be something like Dungeoneer...although oddly enough Survivalist would be a better class term than skill name

Imp
09-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Fact: I believe between myself and another, survivalist was going to be a class but then decided it'd make for a good skill, enabling the user to live off of nature. But yes, it does sound like a good class name.

As for Adventurer, it simply seemed a vanilla title of a class for those who just wish to adventure more than become a knight or mage or something more driven. They are adventuring adventurers who adventure! =D

In all honesty, it is just there for the kiddies.

SQJ
09-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey can there be a cowboy/wild animal herder class?
Like a group of professional animal herders moving massive amounts of animals from one location to another?

StormWolf
09-20-2011, 02:45 AM
I thing Vanguard would be another good warrior class - medium armor with 2-handed weapons specialization, sweeting strikes (can hit multiple adjacent enemies in 180 degrees in front of him), and Furious Charge (a mighty charge or leap that can knocks enemies flat or stun them while giving the Vanguard higher initiative)

Imp
09-20-2011, 05:31 AM
I enjoy the input you two have put in here recently.

I'll make my point first:
The above list of classes will be the default list since we will encourage the ability in the creation of new classes with skills fitting to them. So this default list will contain the ideal classes with a broad range of skills that fit each as slightly seen.

@Pure
There is a skill(s) related around to animal training so yes, that is a good idea for a class to edit in.

@Stormwolf
You bring up some good skills and I think we could add them to the list with some minor modifications.

StormWolf
09-20-2011, 05:42 AM
what kind of modifications are you looking for?

Imp
09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Good question.
We should continue this onto the skills/spells thread. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=738197#post738197)

You brought up the following unique skills:
Sweeping Strike (hit multiple targets via 180o angle in front) - I feel people will already be attempting to swing their weapon in a familiar way without this. Maybe there can be a restriction already in place for starters that they cant sweep strike unless they have the skill?

Furious Charge (knock enemies down/stun them) - Perfect, really. No one wants to be knocked down in pvp but now they are forced to do so or be stunned.

2-Hand specialization - I understand that the bearer can now use 2-handed weapons with an addition that a 2-handed weapon obviously creates more force when it hits. So not only do we have a greater attack power factor but also a weakness to it is the loss of a shield for extra blocking.Also I see the skill Great Strength allowing one to carry a 2-handed weapon in one hand.

SikstaSlathalin
09-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Will the members be bale to make multiple class chars? Like they can be an Assassin thief and such?

And if you have a Shaman which is basically a wild Priest shouldn't you have a Tribal as a wild Knight or Paladin?

Imp
09-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I thought it'd just give a broader sense in what everyone can be. I'll be sure to add in bold text that the classes are just a default set to give ideas and a range of possibilities for those wishing to create their own.

As for multiple class chars, yes. I promote the freedom of mixing and matching as well as the creation of new characters and picking spells best related to them, or fitting taste. I will also include the note that people are free to make their own class which could be titled anything that represents the skills given.

One reason the paladin is up to show close-quarters fighting and magic abilities. Maybe I didn't hint the idea well enough. Hmmm...

SikstaSlathalin
09-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm just thinking around here mate. You're doing a lot of good stuff I'm just babbling mostly. XD

Maybe giving folks freedom to make their own classes would cause a lot of confusion though don't you think? Maybe you could have sub-classes and sub-skills and stuff instead?

Imp
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Well I'm glad you added that, There will be a set number of skills everyone starts with. 5 may be best. These 5 can be chosen however they wish but must accommodate the prerequisites for certain skills. As you can see in the list of classes, they all have 3 skills. The 2 extra skill slots are optional for anything else they may want.

As for the concern with sub-skills and sub-classes, I'll leave it up to you guys to work it out. I'm gonna stop continually replying to everything and let someone else get a word in. XD

SikstaSlathalin
09-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Lol will they be able to get more skills the higher up they go?

Imp
09-24-2011, 04:46 AM
That they will! I'll make a thread on how experience should be earned... though I'll wait till some of these other threads come to an end.