PDA

View Full Version : MAIN QUEST

Imp
09-18-2011, 08:26 PM
What shall the first main quest be? I honestly can't think atm so I'll let you, the people, chalk up some ideas!

Let us begin with the boss(es) that we could be defending ourselves against or having to destroy.

StormWolf
09-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Tears start opening in the fabric of reality, letting all kinds of horrors from the Beyond invade our world. There could either be one greater Beyond or there could be several different parts of the Beyond, like how there are countries in our world. The tears would expand over time, corrupting our world. Cities of iron and unholy stone would rise up out of the ground and become Cities of the Dead and fortresses for the forces from the Beyond. It would be up to the players to fight through the growing forces of darkness and evil and slay the Arch-daemons, sanctifying their souls and using them to start sealing the tears in the veil.

how does that sound

Deadmind
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Demons from the void have found themselves a way to this dimension and are wreaking havoc with their leader,Void Overlord Arzur.Demons and monsters from the underworld followed with Demon King Loknor,seeing this as an opportunity,along with the undead kingdom ruled by Hades,Lord of Death,from the netherworld.All three of them don't have good relationship with the others and see each other as rivals to their conquest.Apparently,the mortal kingdom is caught in the crossfire and sometimes targeted by them.Brave heroes are needed to kill all three kings of each dimension.But this can be a big task as killing them one by one will result in the last one targeting the mortal kingdom while killing them all three is quite a hefty task.

So what do you think?With this happenings,the mortal kingdom would be in a state of conflict and state of peace at the same time so it will leave the characters ample time for character development.Also,we could get all the ideas for the main quest together and take the good parts out of them to create a better one.

Imp
09-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Love both ideas and the teamwork put forth on it (simple added detail from another poster but teamwork nonetheless). I think others will agree on the originality of it.

So far we have the Evil Trio - Void Overlord Arzur, Demon King Loknor of the Underworld, and Hades of the Netherworld! Which btw none have a good trusting friendship it seems.

So just to sprinkle on some possible historical information (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20116) and shaping of the world. I was already planning on having the underworld actually inside the planet(for obvious reasons) with those who died having to fight their way out of it and get back onto the planet's surface (only if you worship the dark gods or choose to go there). With the addition of the Netherworld, we can suggest that either of these two consists solely of sinners(those who worship the dark gods) and the other being Elysium.

With the Void Overlord being the odd one out (he is from another dimension), we should find which of the other two is highest in rank. For instance, perhaps Hades was appointed by the Gods (or is one in this world) to maintain those that die overall while Loknor was appointed to keeping only the sinners. With this world war having been underway, maybe Loknor wanted to take advantage of the chaos the Void was creating and so declared war on all the living mortals (that means sinners too) in hopes of maybe then gathering an enslaved army large enough to take Hades throne?

Somehow there should be a power-play between the two. One fighting because he must on the planet, while the other is devious and wanting to rise in power. That leaves the Void Overlord as a tool but also still a great threat since no mortal knows where the random warpgates may open.

Also keep in mind, we of course don't have to follow the exact mythos. So changing some minor things like Deadmind did, is nice.

SikstaSlathalin
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
So your basic multiple Bad vs multiple Good so will we have three Good guys to counter them? Cause I got a ideas as to what can counter each of them.

Imp
09-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Essentially, yes.

I feel that getting to the end of a chapter should be non-linear as well as the fact anyone has the choice to do as they please in the end. Side quests could assist in this part but for instance, spell books, weapons, other items of importance could either be burned or taken or just left to vanish into nothing. Taking an evil wizard's spell book may not go over well with others as they are not sure of what your intentions may be.

I feel these options will be ideal instead of the usual 'Slay the beast and that is it!' direction.

SikstaSlathalin
09-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Agreed.

Imp
09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
--------------------
END RESULT
Main Quest
The objective here is to drive back the Void King's forces OR destroy him. The portals will collapse and most of the Void army will fade if either are completed.
Victory Conditions: Driving the Void King back to his realm will grant only XP while killing him may grant more but that is up to mass favor.
--------------------