PDA

View Full Version : dystopian reality

eccentricman
09-23-2011, 12:41 AM
I made a sci fi forum on fictiopress it didn't catch,so I figured it might catch here.
heres a basic description of the setting. warning it's huge

The city is in a state of disrepair. The city wars left it as a husk of it’s former self. It doesn’t help the most of the population of earth left the city wars. No one to fix it up. . Though the AI that ran parts of the city are stopping it from breaking down completely, they can do little more. Man now huddles in various spaces. From the rooftops that are home to the pressure suited observers, waiting for the former inhabitants of the city to return. To the traveling merchants that cross the sky scrapers, the large air highways, the swamps of the foundation. All to deliver they’re goods.

Though we may be divided man still has outsides threats besides other men. Some AIs go rogue and infect a manufactory to create armies. There are cybernetic creatures brutal mix of biological instincts and cybernetic implants to create extremely powerful beasts. There are even a few cybernetic dragons that shoot lasers that stalk the higher sections of the rooftops..

One of the most prominent of all of these threats are the bionetics. Powerful beings that have been extremely modified with biological augmentations and, cybernetics. Creating creatures that are incredibly dangerous. The one thing that makes them more of a threat than others , is that they seek actively seek out humans. Why? For the Infants.

Though the augmentations to there body make them powerful, they are rendered sterile after 20 years of the augmentation. They don’t have the tech to fix it. So they raid the camps for infants to be modified. Though it’s only basic augments at first. They know it’s a mere baby. Bit being raised amongst them. The children become more modified as they age. Who knows why. The implants also have a chance to render them insane, suicidal, or homicidal and sadistic. The stress of never being able to properly reproduce just makes it worse. They also hunt for the mother spider dens.

Mother spiders are AIs in artificial bodies made to house special brains made to store the AIs consciousness. Though only being a sub type they are one of the few that were created after the exodus of earth. Though of they’re own free will. They find lost children and infants and raise them. They think no different. They of course teach them survival techniques and arm them, before the childe leaves. Most of the time having cybernetic legs like a spider allowing them to climb and search better. And it helps stabilize any heavy weaponry they may use . They off course hate the bionetics.

And we have the E.E.R.F. the expeditionary earth reclamation force. They’re the military that came from the planet humanity fled too after the city wars. They see themselves as entitled to earth and her cities, this the first of many cities to be conquered for humanity. The humanity that is united and colonizing the stars, those that say nay are sentenced to standard execution. No one that’s been born or living here likes them. These men regard. The people of the city as Neanderthals that learned how to use basic 21st century technology. Though this is merely a double standard, as they’re weapons and tech while exotic, are barely capable of rivaling the city tech. though with little support from they’re empire is scarce, they’re searching for a way to send a signal to the empire.

2567 march 17th capt. frits, capitol dropship 'haley's trail'.
we hit the homeworld. but we had a hot welcome. most of the expidition fleet was destroyed be long range defense mechanisms, obviously from the war. but these weren't normal the scans on them we managed to make before making it below their firing angles showed they had longer range than the one that they fired upon us at. enough of that, we managed to deploy the static landers, except well our ship is fixed here. the engine broke down power still works but the ship won't get up. Our researchers theorize it's another defense mechanism. we have silver hawks scouting out the city.

end of log

if you read that wall of text thank you heres the character sheet

name:

appearence:

personality:

race: human, AI husk, bionetic, cyber beast.

husk enchancements:AI husk only( basicaly the same as augments, except you may have a completely robot body, like a flying drone or, or a competely human body no augments.)

augments:( bionetic, cyber beast, only.) what implants do you have, and what do they do, be as vague or as specific as you want.

vehicles:any vehicles the character may have,( note please,nothing bigger than a boat.)

weapons: what weapons you have(nothing overpowered, augments may be used as weapons but they must be specifically made to o so like an arm witha machine gun embedded in it. all weapon augments must be listed in the augments section

eccentricman
09-23-2011, 01:08 AM
name: troy highfield

appearence: brown hair, brown eyes, the occasional peice of small metal poking outside from his skin on his ebows, ands his back. has scars extending 4 cm at each end of his eyes and surgical scars from from various bullet wounds, has acne on his chin,has a medium height, thin figure. wears jeans, an a white tee shirt.

personality: content, snarky, kinda sadistic. is a hunter in battle picking the best fighter than going for any gap or weak point he sees. and he will usually take trophies from his victims, all of them, wether they be simple minded grunts to high ranked leaders, wether it be a piece of armor, a bullet from their, a helmet, a skull, it's all a trophy as soon as the person dies.though outside of a fight he's eccentric and socially inept. and has a soft spot for infants, when he fins one while he's alone he'll take it back to it's home if it wondered off.

race: bionetic

augments: has leg augments, that increase his speed and can absorb shock for long falls. and has nano claws on his hands, that form around his hands at will, though it hurts like hell when they form.has had night vision augmente into his eyes. had his muscles hardened to take small caliber bullets from 50 feet or more.

weapons: nano claws and a lightweight pistol

Kris
09-23-2011, 12:24 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Mosaic
09-24-2011, 05:44 AM
http://nostalgiabot.everyboty.net/pix/10.jpg
ONE MORE THING!

Roleplay of the Week is a great way to attract attention to your RP, but you want to know a great way to get an equally epic banner for the RP of the Week to have displayed? Check it and find out! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18912)

Shepherd
09-27-2011, 12:53 AM
This roleplay has been featured as this week's Roleplay of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/site.php).

Merry
09-28-2011, 01:07 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg

eccentricman
10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
seriously what? i didn't expect 10 members but only me. what am i doing wrong, i mean it tell me, i'm obviously doing something wrong. tell me so that i may improve this RP. I need some constructive critici:sigh:sm

k9slayer
10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
give me another day and ill have a character sheet

eccentricman
10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
oh thanks I apologize for that outburst.

and really if you think i'm doin' a shatty job at starting this RP tell me. If you think it's bad it'll be comparable to what I say to myself. really i tell my stomach to shut up when it growls two hours after i've eaten.

eccentricman
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
log 'martial' slashmeal harpy tribe

we caught many more skifs,no infants yet, oh well one must be patient when they desire something. though we did much supplies we did. weapons ammunition, and some cloths. no food, just like there are no infants. oh well. the ladies are find wierd new skifs, they hold some good picking they do, though. and some of the men captured aren't half bad. they also have some exotic tech. it doesn't beat some of the more upper tech objects, but it does well enough. and the magpie tribe in the lower floors of the tower loves these kind of exotic pieces.

end log

Merry
10-21-2011, 12:35 AM
closed per the GM's request - please contact a mod if you wish this game to be reinstated