PDA

View Full Version : [M] Fort White

Vslayer
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Let us start by getting familiar with some of the zombies we may encounter. No, there wont be only those slow zombies, I hope you didn't think it would have been that easy did ya?

The cause of the mutation is simple, some humans, generally because of their genetics, have formed a better 'bound' with the virus then other humans. These humans have mutated in stronger and somewhat smarter infected which we should all watch out for;

Normal Zombies (http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae172/detroitwhat_album/normal_zombie_fantasy_39.jpg)

The 'normal' or regular zombies are the less dangerous infected, you can easily breeze past them without a problem. The regular infected are ironically the 'special' ones of the bunch, not too smart they may set off store alarms and car alarms attracting hordes of zombies. Tho you shouldn't be caught getting cornered by a group of them as they will eat you alive.

Runners (http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/28weekslater.gif)

The runner zombies are very fast on their feet, slightly more logical then the regular infected they are still dumb as a rock. They will run towards any sound that catches their attention and proceed to beat the shit out of it, even if its an object. Beware as they are the gazelle of the zombies and will easily catch anyone who is trying to run away.

Crusher (http://thegamingliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/BORDLC.jpg)

The crusher zombies are the infected to be feared. Smarter and stronger, they are the brawls of the bunch. They carry a massive axe and tho they are slower, they can chop you to tiny pieces.

The springer zombies look like regular infected, but they do not walk or limp towards you, they jump. The springers usually hang around roofs, waiting for a a fresh piece of meat to walk on by, unsuspecting of what will jump in their faces.

Those are the zombies that have surfaced only after a few days of the infection, nobody is sure if there are more vicious and dangerous infected. Let us pray that we are not the first to meet them face to face.

Right, so this should be easy. I'll walk past those slow fuckers, break in the shop, get my shit an get out. Easy, right? Right, let's motor Faith. Don't be a big pussy-fuck you I ain't a pussy! What the fuck, I'm fuckin' arguin' with myself. The brunette shook her somewhat crazed thoughts away as she poked her head out from around the corner of the building she was hiding behind. She scanned Fort White's mechanic shop, there were a few zombies idly roaming around the parking lot. One of them was sitting on the floor, trying to eat something that looked like a steal pipe. There was a towing truck which had been abandoned in the middle of the parking lot, two regular infected were pulling on the hook, the mechanism loosened the chain attached to the hook, making it fall down on one of the zombies foot. There was no reaction, they both looked at each other with nothing more them emptiness in their stare and proceeded to pull on the chain with useless effort.

What a bunch of retards Faith thought as she sneaked around the back of the mechanic shop, making sure not to attract any attention as she stealthily did so. There was a few cars parked around the back, cars that needed repair. Thankful that the area was deserted, or so it looked, she approached the two garage doors, one was closed and the other was half opened. The ex-con crouched down, passing her head underneath first and the rest of her body after. The place was dead, the thick smell of blood made her wrinkle her nose in disgust as she walked to her usual working area. At last, her gaze fell upon what she came here to get, her zippo lighter. It was sitting on the counter where most of her tools were thrown about, shinny and calling out to her. As the saying goes: Don't worry about avoiding temptation - as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.

In her case, a zombie blindsided her jumping on her back with a throaty groan as it salivated for her soft flesh. ''What the-'' The zombie, dressed in a blue jumpsuit with the mechanic's shop logo on the front of its shirt, took them both to the ground, pinning the brunette on her back with dead weight. ''Get off me you stinky son of a bitch!'' She turned her body as she threw a vicious elbow in the zombie's decayed face. She hit him again and was able to turn around on her back, holding her forearm to the zombie's throat to keep it from biting a chunk of her face. The brunette looked up at her work table, spotting the end of a crowbar sticking out. She kicked the table, hopping to make it fall as she struggled to keep her coworker away from her neck. ''I know ya wanna eat me Bill but you're out of your league.'' She managed to joke in the worst situations possible, lighten the mood and all that.

She kicked the table again and the crowbar finally fell down with a metallic clink beside her. She grabbed it with her free hand and smashed it into the zombie's skull. She rolled him off of her and stood up, bringing down the end of the crowbar against the zombie's temple. The bone cracked with a satisfying sound as the metallic weapon impaled the undead brain of poor Bill. His coagulated blood and brain matter covered the crowbar as Faith jammed it out of his skull. ''Awesome.'' She chuckled to herself as he ran a shaky hand through her hair, feeling her heartbeat slowing down. She set the crowbar down on the table covered in dust and metal shards. She grabbed her zippo, fishing the pack of cigarettes from her pocket. She cursed as most of them were squished, but some survived. She took one out and placed it in her mouth, lighting the cherry flavored clove. She inhaled the intoxicating smoke, feeling the craving leave her body as she exhaled it into the air. ''Damn, that was fuckin' worth it, right Bill?''

Lord Tully
01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Malona had a limper of her own to deal with, also in a mechanics uniform, "You know car mechanics are in dreadful peril of on the job injuries" She joked and the thing as she kicked it's kneecap off, with a loud crunch. "Ohh see that? I told you." she just stepped slowly out of the zombie's reach as it was now crawling towards her, "Don't worry I know what'll take your mind off of that." Mal turned around a bit playfully and grabbed a heavy length of pipe. "Now let's see I think this end goes.. here!" She shouted a bit as she shoved the end into the zombie's head. "You know Faith, I think I know this one, the basterd stole my radio when I came in here a while back." She joked to Faith who stood over another zobified car worker.

Security of Mem
01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
The store was littered with cigarettes and alcohol bottles. Outside somewhere many of the family members would be a chew toy for zombies. And yet the last two members of the family didn't seem to have much of a care. A young man handsome and unlike his father who was the usually potbelly bifocal wearing guy were sitting in the corner drinking shots of vodka. By now they were far gone.
"Okay okay my boy," said the father, "You remember the verse, the the third."
"Yes papi," said the young man.
The father began a slow hum as if getting ready to belt something out. And before he could sing, an alcohol burp came out instead. Both snickered and laughed.
"Okay okay papi, sing sing," said the young man.
"Yes yes," his father said.
His father began the humming again as to warm up his voice.
"THEY COME THROUGH THE DOOORSS!" the old man began an opera, "EAT YOURS BRAINS AND TAKE YOUR DOGS!!"
Perry gave a slight snicker.
"YET HERE WE SIT!" Perry chimed.
"IN OUR HOME, SAFE..." his father continued
"AND SOUND" Perry said.
"WHERE NO BRAIN EATING..."
"ZOMBIES HAVE DARED....
"TO ENTER"

Both gave each other a smile.
"What else shall we add?" his father asked.
Taking a shot first Perry stared at his father.
"Maybe how they like to take the shoes first,"
His father laughed.
"Yes they took your mothers shoes first,"
"I've completely forgotten what we're suppose to be doing,"
"Me too my boy, me too."
Both seemed complacent in the life drinking themselves into a slow death. Both of them didn't seem much concerned about anything. Maybe that was the liquor talking. Perry grabbed a cigarette from his pocket, last one. He need to quit the addiction anyway.
"Harum harum harum harum," his father began to sing.
"On the night where they began to come here," Perry continued.
"I thought it was infection?" his father said a first clear thought.
"Eh, details aren't important," Perry said.
"All right all right,"
"Harum harum harum harum," Perry said.
"And they took a woman's shoes through the window," his father said.
"Probably they mistook it for food, does that mean it was stupid?"
"Musn't insult them,"
"Harum harum harum," went the father
"And it took the leg of me uncle..."

The singing and the odd sentences didn't seem to seize until both fell into a drunken sleep. It seemed odd that they were perfectly well stocked for a party and not full of rations. They really were complacent with the thought of dying a slow death of alcohol.

DB.
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
A zombie groaned in the distance, shortly followed by some screams. Jonathan tightened his grip on his pistol and turned the corner.

He reached into his pocket and brought out a tape recorder. Pushing the record button he said, "It's crazy out here. You would think the police would have quickly put down any early signs of infection but it seems we were all to busy trying to research this and lying to the people than actually think of early containment."

Jonathan looked out of the hotel's tenth floor window. The whole street was crawling with zombies. "Anyway, the virus has spread faster than anyone predicted. Who would've known that there would be so many people in a small town like this. There seems to be no way out without actually encountering one of them."

Jonathan pushed an elevator button and it began going up. As it reached his floor he heard a shuffling sound inside. Raising his pistol he aimed at the elevator door. As it opened he saw a small child chewing on an adults body. Jonathan quickly pulled the trigger and the child slumped to the ground with a hole in his head.

"It seems that the only way to kill these things is to shoot them in the head." Pushing the first floor button he raised the tape recorder up to his mouth. "People were too careless, especially officials. They lied to the town, saying that it wasn't anything major and they almost had a cure. Can you believe that? How can they say that? When they did tell the truth it was too late. Most of the town was already infected."

The elevator door opened again, Jonathan slowly stepped out and looked around. "There has to be a way out of here, there has to."

Copacetic_One
01-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Benjamin slid his satchel over his shoulder and turned to grab his bat. Only it wasn't Ben now was it? He had snorted a line about twenty minutes ago, a small one just to pep him up a bit, but he was Duke now. He grabbed the old Louisville Slugger he had kept under the counter all these years in the unlikely event of a robbery. Some time back, in the midst of a bender he had taken a penknife and carved "Have A Nice Day" into the barrel of it. He unconsciously ran his thumb over those words as he bolted around his shop grabbing anything that might be of use. Afterwards, he sprinted upstairs to the apartment that was located above the pharmacy to grab his lucky sunglasses off the nightstand. As he set them over his eyes, he glanced out the window.

The apartment had a view over the main street of Fort White so he could a good chunk of the town. Outside he saw pure anarchy, people running from the living monstrosities that used to be their family, friends, and neighbors. As he looked, Duke saw Sherlie Humpton, one of his regular customers, taken down by her five year old son. "Holy shit," he whispered to himself. He stood there, transfixed by the chaos until he heard the familiar sound of the bell over the shop door jingle. Someone had just walked in. He ran as quietly as he could to the doorway to the staircase. He flattened himself against the wall and gripped the bat. "Whoever you are, I'm coming down the stairs, and when I get down there, you better have a fucking pulse!" he roared, readying himself to fight another of these grotesque things.

Vslayer
01-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Faith chuckled as she watched the dark haired woman crushed zombie brain with a lead pipe, leaning back against the table, exhaling the clove's cherry scented smoke. She smirked at Malona, picking up the pack of cigarettes, holding it in the girl's direction. ''Want one Mal?'' She asked, her voice raspier then normal from the smoke. ''For celebratin'.'' Faith explained, nodding her head toward the two brain smashed zombies lying on the dirty floor lifelessly, again.

The brunette pushed herself from the table, walking slowly toward Malona, the clove nestled between her thumb and index finger, her dimpled smirked still plastered on her face. ''Ya got a strong arm for a computer nerd.'' Faith joked. ''Watchu doin' here, forgot somethin'?'' She asked casually, wondering if she wasn't the only one who was willing to risk her life for something as stupid as a pack of cigarette (which she could have easily got at the corner store).

nonangelic92
01-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Derek peaked out of the gas station bathroom, seeing a few zombies eating the dead flesh of some porr guy. "Poor bastard, sucks for you." he chuckled, and walked around slowly towards the front of the gas station. He grabbed the knife he left behind the counter, and grabbed a knapsack and stocked up on water and energy bars. He was about to exit the building when he saw a few of the normals begin to head towards the entrance. He smiled and pulled out his remote control car and attached his Ipod to the car. He kicked the door opened and pressed play on the Ipod turning it to full blast and began driving the car down main street as he headed the other way, hoping that he lasts longer than his car.

Lord Tully
01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Mal put up her hand to refuse the cig, "No thanks, I make enough noise for the runners without needing to cough up a lung. Besides if I'm stressed caving in the skull of a few of these limping assholes works wonders." Mal thought about Faith's next question, she herself was wondering why how she'd gotten to be here. "No reason really, just figured I'd be able to splatter one or two zombies. Do the world a service. And hey some of this stuff might be useful. Help me look won't you?" She then turned to ruggage through on of the tool boxes.