PDA

View Full Version : Poison in the Blood OOC

RainbowBrigade
01-12-2010, 09:08 PM
It has many eons since the goddess Celestia gave her gift to the world. She made the food of the earth bountiful, never was there a single disaster, the humans of the world never got sick and lived longer lives. She only had one request - remember me. Remember me, and you shall always prosper.

She has been long since forgotten. No person thanks her that they never go hungry, that they never face any ill luck. The people of the world continue to live happy lives, going about their day to day buisness, unaware that it is all about to come crashing down around them. For Celestia has decided that human beings do not deserve the world she made for them, and that it was time for someone new to inherit the earth. As for the humans? Well, they'd simply die out - for she gave them their gift, and she can take it away.

It wasn't long after she decided this that humans could no longer use magic - there was widespread panic, as they did not know how to function without it. A few years after that, strange things were happening. People started going missing. When they came back, they were different - no memories of who they were before hand, they had different coloured eyes and strange tattoos covered their bodies. more importantly, they had strong magic. Amazingly strong magic. People began to envy them, fear them, prosecute them. When children started being born with it, the child and both parents were killed off by a group called, The Black Thorns. Societies were beginning to go mad with fear. The Black Thorns were trying to develope technology to wipe out theese new people for good.

But the strength of the magic of theese new people was overwhelming. After they had used a certain amount of magic, thier bodies would fail, and they would die. But that wasn't the strangest part. When the people were killed, or died, someone else, somewhere in the city, would dissapear, or a new child would be born.. And that person would have thier memories. Sometimes their personality or abilities might change a bit, but in the end, they were the same person. They had been reborn. They never died.. and they had dreams. strange, strange dreams. It was said that in their dreams, they could communicate with each other. Thats how they found each other, when they died. They dreamt.

Change was in the air. The human race was going to die out.

Rules.
1. Follow the forum rules.
2. You may only have one ability per incarnation. You can change your ability with each incarnation. For example, you may have one character who can control fire. When they die and get reincarnated, their power may have changed and they can control water. it doesn't have to change, but basically, one power, and if you want to change it, you have to die.
3. If your going to join this roleplay, your characters going to die, simple as that. Its up to you how often this is, but remember they can't survive for long amounts of time - also, the longer they survive, the more pain they may be in.
4. One character each. (unless you are playing a black thorn, then you may have one of each if you wish)
5. If you want to play a Black Thorn, pm me.
6. No excessively powerful abilities. e.g. touch of death.

Bio:
Your bio will change as the roleplay continues. You may decide you want your character to always look the same, be the same age, ect. But you also have the oppurtunity, if you wish, to come back with different appearances, ages, abilities, ect. You may even decide your character shall go through incarnation stages - maybe they'll start off as one person, come back as someone else, then another few different people, and that back to the beginning, repeating. Its all up to you. The bio below is how your character starts out. There is a section called Incarnation, in which you can either update as you go along and change, or maybe you have a few incarnations in mind at the start. its all up to you.

Name:
Appearance: You will need a written description. You can have a picture as well as a written description, but there must be a written description.
Ability:
Current Incarnation Number:
Incarnations:
Other information:

Black Thorns may have one Weapon that Negates one type of Ability. If you are a Black Thorn and wish to switch your weapon, please PM me.

I shall start the rp when two to three people have joined.

RainbowBrigade
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Name: Tala
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/dark_tiger13/exoti.jpgShort, fiery coloured hair that is usually tied back in an unusual bandana, she decorates her hair with various braids and feathers. Her tattoos are of various pink and purple colours, covering her left side. Her eyes are a startling blue colour, and she often wears clothes that will bring them out. Despite being seen as a second class citizen, she is not afraid to wear bright clothing. Tala travels about, trying to get in touch with the others of her kind, who she see's in her dreams.
Ability: Telekinesis
Other information: None currently
Current Incarnation Number: 2nd Incarnation
Incarnations: Her first incarnation was a small girl, age 5 or 6. She was killed by the Black Thorns, and has developed a fear of them.

DB.
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
;king14; Hosting two RP's!

RainbowBrigade
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Yup :)

Atonement and Retribution is my main one, this is just an idea i had floating about.

DB.
01-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, good luck; I can't join this one. I'm also thinking about hosting an RP. (this post might get me into gear. I've been procrastinating alot.) I won't take up any more thread space so again, good luck.

RainbowBrigade
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
thankies, and good luck with yours!

Zzapper
01-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Wheeeee bio:
Name: Ravener
Appearance: Tall and slender, Ravener is more of a scrapper then his 'pretty boy' extieror would lead you to believe. His tattoo is a deep green, the delecite spirals and swhirls travelling from his left cheek, down his neck and across his chest. He commonly wears a loose jacket with a deep hood, and usually sticks to shadows and alleyways to avoid conflicts.
Ability: To control and manipulate living plants
Current Incarnation Number: 1
Incarnations: n/a...for now
Other information: A strong passion to protect those dear to him drives him to use his power more often then he should and lends him to be somewhat a hot head. Mostly scorned or disdained by those about him, much of his early years was spent moving from street gang to street gang with no real home. After having his last family slaughtered by a group of Black Thorns, he swore to seek their destruction...or to die trying.

RainbowBrigade
01-14-2010, 08:11 PM
XD hello thar!
Bio accepted.

Zzapper
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Heyhey, still a nub so I can't view my own profile XP

Copacetic_One
01-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Name: Jack Lacuna

Appearance: Jack is of average height and slim build. He has shaggy brown hair and smokes regularly. His tattoos are white, black, and red and form a swirl that goes down his right arm. To hide his tattoos he has taken to wearing hoodies and long-sleeved shirts.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/Narume13/Anime%20Guys/Hellsing33.jpg

Ability: Superhuman strength and agility

Current Incarnation Number: 1

Incarnations:

Other information: Afraid of being persecuted or killed, Jack has seldom used his powers since he received them.

RainbowBrigade
01-15-2010, 08:01 AM
accepted! I'll either wait for one more bio or put the IC up later today, depending.

raven
01-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Name: Kala Rose
Appearance: small for her height, slim, with dark purple tattoos covering both arms, her neck and her chest. Her eyes are completely black. her hair is a matching purple to her tattoos. is not shy about her tattoos so wears clothes which reveal her tattoos. she has a single scar across her left cheek. she owns a simple pendant which used to be her mothers.
http://i45.tinypic.com/5x3m7a.jpg
Ability: darkness
Current Incarnation Number:0
Incarnations: -
Other information: Only narrowly avoided dying when she was 6 soon after she got the tattoos (her parents were black thorns.) she has lived on the streets since then, she has a knack for avoiding death but not danger. She is very feisty and can be a little hot headed at times. Prefers to use her powers to escape conflict rather that fight but will fight if she has to.

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 01:22 AM
talked to you about it already, but just rechecking that it is okay for me to play an undefined Black Thorns role until either someone takes on that role. Basically my job to kill people being too powerful, abusing their powers (surviving massive overcasting, living too long, etc) and encourage players to reincarnate. Wheeeeeeee~

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 01:23 AM
accepted, and yush! i'll send a bio over..somewhen...

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Name: Za'ra
Appearance:
http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/24000/24925_a_cloak_3.gif
Za'ra stands about 5'7" and dons flowing, figureless, hooded black robes. They conceal and shroud his entire body, hiding any movements his arms and hands might be making.
Weapon: Za'ra wields a matched set of Granite Tonfa
Other Information: Za'ra has mastered several other weapons aside from his Tonfa, including swords, throwing stars and marital arts. All this on top of a cool, calculating intellect and a long simmering hate makes him a dangerous for to any caster.

http://www.falkirkjujitsuclub.co.uk/tonfa.gif

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Accepted! starting up IC now

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
woot, hopefully everyone won't hate him XD

AliceMalice15
01-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Name: Cecil Vayne
Apperance:http://m204.photobucket.com/image/butterfly%20anime%20girl/vaporeonespeon/Anime/anime_girl_butterfly.jpg.html?o=10
Ability: Control over the elements
Current Incarnation Number:4
Incarnations: she comes back randomly and at different ages. She's even come back as a guy.

RainbowBrigade
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
accepted

toxias
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Name: Aliante Zylin
Appearance: Aliante has silky silver hair. Her eyes are a dark black color, however, they always sparkle and twinkle. She’s petite and thin, standing at 4’5 with very pale skin. Her tattoos are around both of her wrists and ankles. She’s often found in loose comfortable clothing. A long sleeved white shirt coupled with a pair of dark gray pants.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z134/Simpleonly000234/japanesegirl.jpg Ability: Healing/destruction of body (requires touch)
Current Incarnation Number: 7
Incarnations: Aliante has gone through a lot of incarnations because of her personality. Unless otherwise noted, she died of magic overuse and her form was female: 1. A lanky almost anorexic young teenager with short black hair. Age 17 at death 2. An elegant young woman with a beautiful face and a shapely figure, roughly 23 years of age at death. 3. A thoughtful blond with jagged hair and ice blue eyes, 31 years of age at death. 4. Azure colored hair, bright clothing, and a petite stature, 14 years old at death. 5. Warm brown hair, brown eyes, light colored skin. Age 15 at death. 6. Male. Short, spiky auburn hair. Well built. Age 19 at death cause by a Black Thorn member
Other information: Aliante is adept at using any power she is born with due to the number of reincarnations she’s gone through.

RainbowBrigade
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
accepted

toxias
02-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Awesome, thank you!
I'll get a post up sometime this week.

toxias
02-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Ah, apologies for not posting soon. I've been busy. I'll try to post soon.

AliceMalice15
02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Name: Leo Cifer
Appearance: http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/data/576/medium/Agatsuma_Soubi.JPG he usually has somthing different about him every time you see him. He always has long hair and thinks he's gods gift to woman.*
Ability: "Alchemy" (basically he can change things but only through equivalent exchange)*
Current Incarnation Number:16
Incarnations:
Other information: he met Cecil durning his 13th reincarnation and has been her friend ever since. He can only come back as a male and only at ages from 5-30.

raven
03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
im leaving as sooo little is happening and no body but me and alicemalice seem to be posting anyway.
sorry

Mysteria
03-16-2010, 08:31 PM
This looks like a great rp. If you need help getting more players for your game don't forget that you can submit it for RP of the Week! All the information that you need can be found here. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)