PDA

View Full Version : Toxin's Characters

Mask
10-15-2011, 04:23 AM
Name: Pip Thistle
Race: Kender (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/CBGH/DD04893.htm)
Class: Ranger
Level: 2
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Description: (Pictures are allowed. Please no anime)
Height: 3'8"
Weight: 47-50
Eyes: Golden Brown
Hair: Longish tied back to remain out of his face.
Handed: Right

Hit Points: 11
Armour Class: 8
THAC0: 19

STR (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD01426.htm) 13 Norm/None/140/7/4%
INT 10
WIS 14
DEX 14
CON 14 88%/92%
CHA 7

Saving Throws
Paralyzation/Poison: 14
Rod/Staff/Wand:16
Petrification/Polymorph 15
Breath Weapon:17
Spells:17

Armour:Leather

Weapons: Mainhand: Short Sword damage 1d6

Offhand: Dagger 1d4

Miscellaneous Items:

1 Sleeping bag
1 flint and steel pouch
1 week of rations that include hardtack, dry meat and dry fruit.
2 waterskins, 1 holding water the other empty.
1 pair of Clawed gloves and boots. They add 5% to climbing and +1 to Mountaineering.

Skills/Powers/Abilities:

Thief ablilities: Hide in Shadows and Move Silently are both halved indoors or underground.

Hide in Shadows: 15% + 5% *

Move Silently: 21% + 5% *

Pick Pockets: 5% *

Open Locks: 5% *

Find/Remove Traps: 5% *

Detect Noise: 5% *

Climb Walls: 40% *

(* racial thief skills for being a non-thief Kender. Dex bonuses apply but the base bonus doesn't increase with level.)

Ranger abilities: Tracking (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/CRH/DD05690.htm)

Primary Terrain: Forest (not specialized)

Species Enemy: Draconian (+4 attack bonus, -4 reaction penalty and complused to attack the creature.)

Animal Empathy (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/CRH/DD05694.htm): When dealing with domestic or non-hostal animals Pip can approach and automaticly befriend the animal.

If the animal is wild or trained to attack he can attempt to befriend it (DM has to roll a saving throw vs. rods. with a -1 penality for every 3 ranger levels.) If the animal fails its savings throw, its reaction can be shifted one category as the ranger chooses.

Of course, the ranger must be at the front of the party and must approach the creature fearlessly.

Nature Lore (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/CRH/DD05695.htm): Knows general principles of how climate, terrain, and life forms interact. Can identify problems, but can only guess at causes.

Survival (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/CRH/DD05696.htm): Good at surviving in harsh conditions of his primary terrain

Infravision: Yes (30')

Special Features: Kender who are not thieves have a base 5% chance to perform any thieving skill except Read Languages (no chance) and Climb Walls (40% chance). Dexterity modifiers do apply, but these abilities never increase as the Kender goes up in level.

Kender are totally immune to the effects of both magical and nonmagical fear, whether caused by monsters like the mummy or lich or by spells such as scare and symbol of fear.

The Taunt: Kender are adept at the art of taunting an enemy until that foe loses all ability for rational thought or restraint and is goaded into an uncontrolled attack. If the victim can understand the Kender's speech, he, she, or it must make a saving throw versus spells (Wisdom bonuses apply). If it fails, the victim will attack the Kender wildly for 1d10 rounds, suffering a -2 penalty to all attack rolls and a +2 penalty to Armor Class.

Personality:(optional)

Background:(optional)

John
10-15-2011, 05:10 AM
You would take Kender bonuses and racial abilities. What class are you going with?

Mask
10-15-2011, 05:13 AM
ranger, using two weapons most likely

John
10-15-2011, 05:22 AM
If you want to roll for ambidexterity, roll percentile which is 2 ten sided dice in a single roll. Th first one will be the tens column, the second the ones. You need to get 25 or less. If you don't get it, your character will receive a penalty to hit when using the offhand weapon.

Mask
10-15-2011, 05:25 AM
[dice0]

John
10-15-2011, 05:27 AM
So you're not ambidextrous. Not that big of a deal as as a ranger, you don't have a penalty depending on your armour.

Now I have to ask, as I do have a way to bring your character over form Krynn, how much knowledge to you have of the world of Krynn?

Mask
10-15-2011, 05:28 AM
Kender go around accidently "borrowing" stuff would that be considered intentional?

Edit, I read the dragonlance series a few years ago? Its kinda hazy and i have no real knowledge of it from the dnd setting.

John
10-15-2011, 05:35 AM
If I'm not mistaken is that when a Kender "borrows" something, it's with the intention of giving it back. Something that doesn't always happen. But yeah, it is intentional unless you want to have your character be a kleptomaniac of sorts.

And if you read the books, you have enough knowledge on the world your character is from.

So If you could, plug in your ability scores and select some weapons and armour please.

Mask
10-15-2011, 05:37 AM
ah ok, so if he borrows it doesn't go against a ranger's moral code? 2nd says if i do evil i lose the class xD

Will do :P

Edit: about getting to this world would magical travel work? But say something accidently happened? (cliche i know xD)

He could even think he's on Krynn but just exploring an unknown part of it. I'd say his wonderlust has alreadly kicked in.

John
10-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Well that would depend on the borrowing. Not all acts of theft are acts of evil or malicious. So Chaotic Good works.

We will say that your character was out exploring a (insert setting here) While doing so, mist appeared, eventually thickening to the point of obscuring everything. No matter which direction he went, he was always in the mist. The whole time in the mist, there was an unshakable dread. After about 2 hours of this, the mist cleared and he found himself in a forest, which once he reached the edge of it, found a small hamlet and learned he was in a different land. And it's one he's never heard of.

Now, I need to paste in the ability modifiers and work out stuff

Short Sword damage 1d6
Dagger 1d4
Hit Points 10
THAC0 20
Armour Class 7

Mask
10-15-2011, 06:26 AM
ok im not sure if i want the 15 to go on str or dex which one would be more useful?

John
10-15-2011, 06:33 AM
To be a Ranger, you need to have the following scores

Strength 13
Dexterity 13
Constitution 14
Wisdom 14

So I would put the fifteen in CON

Mask
10-16-2011, 06:47 PM
For Hide in shadows and move silently do you want me to use the base values or add in a multiplier for my small kendery self?

John
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
I have to look it up, but give me a little time. y daughter is here so I'm sporadic till around 9 this evening. If I'm not mistaken, there should be racial adjustments for Halfling which will apply. Not sure if being a Kender adds in it's own bonuses.

Mask
10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
ah ok, i'll have to go look at the thief tables then, ranger doesn't have halfling on it. (or not, can't find it on the site.)

Oh halfling takes -1 to strength and +1 to dex, i'll have to adjust those so i can meet class minimums again

I took one from con and one from int to bring str back up to 13

John
10-17-2011, 04:21 AM
For primary enemy, you need to pick something. Can be whatever you want ti to be. Giant spider, gnoll, monkey, whatever. Try to work it into your background in some way. You don't have to post it in your sheet but it would be awesome to see ti revealed IC

Mask
10-17-2011, 08:09 PM
ok and i also pick 4 weapon proficiencies and 3 non weapon ones?

Shepherd
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't think Naz is using the profeciency rules.

John
10-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Nope. Not using proficiencies.

Mask
01-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Special Features: Kender who are not thieves have a base 5% chance to perform any thieving skill except Read Languages (no chance) and Climb Walls (40% chance). Dexterity modifiers do apply, but these abilities never increase as the Kender goes up in level.

Kender are totally immune to the effects of both magical and nonmagical fear, whether caused by monsters like the mummy or lich or by spells such as scare and symbol of fear.

The Taunt: Kender are adept at the art of taunting an enemy until that foe loses all ability for rational thought or restraint and is goaded into an uncontrolled attack. If the victim can understand the Kender's speech, he, she, or it must make a saving throw versus spells (Wisdom bonuses apply). If it fails, the victim will attack the Kender wildly for 1d10 rounds, suffering a -2 penalty to all attack rolls and a +2 penalty to Armor Class.

About taunting, i'd roll a d20 for it like 3.5ed or something?

John
01-03-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm thinking it would be better RPed, rather than letting a die roll determine it.

Mask
01-03-2012, 04:49 AM
ok that way it depends on what i say or call them :P

All i need is a personallity and background right?

John
01-03-2012, 05:12 AM
They are optional so you can reveal as you go if you want to. I'm guessing background might be a little difficult depending on your knowledge of Krynn. I have a little knowledge of it having played a Dragonlance Module back the day.

Mask
01-03-2012, 05:18 AM
ok i'll leave it blank for now but fill it in as i go :D

I'll try to research Krynn though, it'll help me rp him better

John
01-03-2012, 05:23 AM
I will also be able to provide you some information, but will do it via PM once I get my bearings. Also when it's tomorrow as 'm off work and have a ton of stuff to do around the site. One of which is to PM all our players and badger them to post. Anne's seriously gonna hate me XD

Mask
01-03-2012, 05:27 AM
ok that would be great XD I'll also read through the rp so far so i can get a sense on how to post and everything. I probably can't join till ravenloft? Since im a bit late to jump in now?

John
01-03-2012, 05:32 AM
I think my plan is going to be to move the party to Ravenloft ASAP. Gonna shoot you a PM and give you a little detail.

John
01-06-2012, 04:31 AM
You can, at your leisure, up your character to level 2.

Mask
01-14-2012, 03:00 PM
rolling for hit points
[dice0]

Mask
01-14-2012, 03:01 PM
rolling for hit points
[dice0]

:( so thats 3 after adding my con modifier..

Meinolf
01-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Wrong edition. In 2E, you don't start getting Con bonuses to hit points until you get a score of at least 15.

Mask
01-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Oh ok i'll change it thank you :D

Mask
03-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I was wondering if i could make a second character just to have one if needed?