10-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Campaign; Castle Greyhawk: Against The Little Guys
Player; Meinolf.

----------------
.: CHARACTER :.

Name; Mendel Daemor.
Race; Gnome.
Class; Cleric.
• Faith; Hades, the bearer of riches unseen.
Level; 2nd.
Alignment; Neutral Evil.

----------------
.: BIOGRAPHY :.

Age; 82.
Height; 3'7".
Weight; 84 lbs.
Eyes; Gunmetal blue and heavy-lidded.
Hair; A bronze blonde with short cropped hair, and has a bushy imperial mustache.
Appearance; Mendel has a heart-shaped face with high cheekbones and a seriously indented cleft chin. His craggy face has many sharp features, the most prominent of which is a very bulbous gnomic nose. His pointed ears droop at their peak.
Handed; Righty.

Personality; Mendel is a lustful and avaricious gnome, ruled by his emotions, and is fanatical in everything he does. He is hot-tempered, vengeful, and scrupulous to a fault. His narcissistic nature allows nothing but for him to believe himself of grandiose stature, and he will do anything and everything to have his way. This little hellion seems destined to cause strife and mayhem the world over.

Background; Born within the Kron Hills, to the west of the City of Greyhawk, Mendel led a weary life -- one without purpose, where he was filled with hate and an envious eye toward the lives of others. One night, he had a dream -- a vision, rather -- of an underground labyrinth filled with riches that filled his little black heart with the first beats of joy and excitement. Great veins of minerals and precious jewels scored the wide maw of this cavernous stronghold, and at its center was a throne. He who sat upon this throne was the Father of Wealth, the Unseen Ruler of the Underworld -- Hades, himself. Upon looking into the black and solemn eyes of this God, Mendel awoke in a cold sweat, and a wicked smile crossed his face.

From that day forward, he was a follower of this unknown deity of the Flanaess. Selling his home and setting foot to the open road, he vowed he would find the Kingdom that his Father showed him. After much mirth and mayhem was left in his wake as he traveled through Verbobonc, pass the Gnarled Forest, and across Dyvers, word slowly reached Mendels pointed ears of a Call for adventurers needed within the City of Greyhawk. While initially he disregarded this pitiful call for help, Mendel began to suffer intense dreams, similar to his first meeting with his Father. Dreams of malevolent lords encircled with mist, and horrific creatures that slithered and crawled across his skin, and promises of power and wealth beyond his imagining. As restless nights began to take their toll on his body, Mendel found his feet slowly, but inevitably, taking him further toward the three towers of Castle Greyhawk.

----------------
.: STATISTICS :.

Hit Points; 12.
Armour Class; 5.
THAC0; 20.
Damage; 1d4+1.

----------------
.: ABILITY SCORES :.

ST; 11. Average strength. Open Doors (6), Bend Bars 2%.
DX; 11. Average dexterity.
CN; 15. Very good health. System Shock Save 90%, Rez Survival 94%, +1 hit point per level until 9th.
IQ; 14. Highly intelligent.
WS; 16. Very good judgment. Save vs Spell Effects +2, +2 1st level priest spells, +2 2nd level priest spells.
CH; 12. Average comeliness. Max Henchmen 5.

----------------
.: SAVING THROWS :.

Paralyzation, poison, or death magic; 10.
Rods, staves, or wands; 10.
Petrification or polymorph; 13.
Breath weapon; 16.
Spell effects; 9.

----------------
.: EQUIPMENT :.

Armour; Mendel wears a blackened steel suit of chainmail that extends beyond his body to his upper thighs, and has full sleeves, with steel gauntlets and pauldrons further protecting his arms, and a coif and open-faced helmet protecting his head. The helmet has been blackened extensively and carved to the shape of a ram's skull. Several gold coins have been sewn into the chainmail at various points, one side carved with a skull emblem, and the other left blank and smooth.

Weapons; A blackened steel warhammer with steel chains dangling from haft's end, each chain bearing a symbol of Hades' power in blackened iron.

Gear; A backpack, which contains his foodstuffs, a ceramic jug, a shaving kit, bath oils, soap, and a healers kit -- which in turn contains 7 different knives, 2 shears, 5 clamps, 3 sponges, 2 lenses, 10 curved and straight needles, a spool of hemp thread, and a medium sized hacksaw. A bedroll is usually kept tightly bound to this backpack. A large belt pouch is securely attached to Mendel's belt, and he keeps his coin purse in a secret compartment at its bottom, as well as a vial or two of holy water. Hanging over his belt is a rucksack, which is where Mendel keeps his journals, and his gemology tools -- namely a sophisticated set of gnomish magnifying lenses that leaves his hands free. Strapped to his backpack is a gnome-sized shovel -- a professional tool.

Clothing; Mendel attires himself in mostly undyed clothing, preferring the natural, earthy tone appearance. His tunic is a soft and supple leather with a napped finish, and is ornamented with silver buttons, with a linen chemise underneath. He has linen trousers, cotten hosen, and leather stovepipe chaps worn over both. Around his waist is a leather long belt of gnomish make, with many pouches sewn directly onto it. His shoes are calf-high boots, of gnomish make and decoration. His hands are enclothed in long leather gloves of the same napped finish as his tunic.

Atop his shoulders rests a leather full-circle short cloak that has been made water-proof. Resting over this is a short blackened iron necklace, with small gems attached to it -- each stone a token from his past.

Foodstuffs; Two tin canteens filled with mead, and one weeks worth of gnomic tin rations -- lots of salt, yummy.

Monetary Wealth; ----.

.: MAGICALLITY :.
Ring of spell storing; A gnarled ring carved from the heart of a petrified tree, this ring holds four charges of cure/cause light wounds. It can be recharged. Mendel keeps it encircled on his left index finger.

----------------
.: POWERS :.
Infravision.

+1 to-hit vs. kobolds and goblins. +4 A.C. vs. gnolls, bugbears, ogres, trolls, ogre magi, giants, or titans.

Able to detect sloping passages (1-5 on 1d6), unsafe stonework (1-7 on 1d10), and approximate depth (1-4 on 1d6) and the general direction (1-3 on 1d6) while moving underground.

+1 save vs wands, staves, rods, and spell effects for every 3-1/2 points of Constitution.

20% chance that any magical item will malfunction upon attempt to use (armor, weapons, shields, illusionary, and thief items exempted).

Turn Undead; Skeleton (7), Zombie (10), Ghoul (13), Shadow (16), Wight (19), Ghast (20).

----------------
.: SPELLS :.

Major Access; All, charm, creation, divination, healing, necromantic, protection, and summoning spheres.
Minor Access; Combat, guardian, water, earth.

* -- Reversible.

1st Level; Bless*; Combine; Command; Create Water*; Cure Light Wounds*; Detect Evil*; Detect Magic; Detect Poison; Endure Heat/Endure Cold; Faerie Fire; Invisibility to Undead; Light*; Protection from Evil*; Purify Food & Drink*; Remove Fear*; Sanctuary.
1st Level (4); Bless/Curse (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD02122.htm) ×1; Light/Darkness (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD02136.htm) ×1; Remove/Cause Fear (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD02142.htm) ×1; Purify Food & Drink/Putrefy Food & Drink (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD02141.htm) ×1.

John
10-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Looks good, but I think the spell saving throw is off by 1. Have to double check. And if you give me a little time, I can look up Gnome deities in the book I have.

Meinolf
10-16-2011, 02:39 AM
If it is the 1st edition deities and demigods, it should just have Garl Glittergold. What a pussy he is.

As for spell effects, it is 15 (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD01724.htm) minus 4 (Gnomes constitution bonus (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD01448.htm) to spell effects saving throw, with a 15 con). Or, at least, that is how I came to my 11.

John
10-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Right sorry, my bad. Forgot a Gnome would take the CON bonus instead of WIS.

And hmmmm. Funny, I thought there were more. But yeah I have the first and 2nd Ed Deities and Demigods. What about a Lankhmar Deity?

Meinolf
10-16-2011, 03:24 AM
Well, I wouldn't say instead of. The wisdom magical defense is only against very specific spells -- specifically only those that affect the mind. Now that we are talking about this, I forgot to include the penalty for that lovely con bonus to saving throws under POWERS.

Hmm, never read any of Fritz Leiber's books, so I kinda ignored the Lankhmar deities. Let me crack open those deity books real quick and I'll let you know if any of them catch my eye. :)

John
10-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Okay, we need the turn undead table and the damage for your hammer, which I think is 1d8, but I need to double check.

Skeleton 10
Zombie 13
Ghoul 16
Shadow 19
Wight 20

Meinolf
10-16-2011, 04:13 AM
Yup, turn undead needs to go in. Odd that a follower of Hades gets turn undead and not control undead. :D

I also added in my racial magical item malfunction, and those racial ability score adjustments (+1 IQ, -1 WS). So I am a little smarter, but my judgement is a little more flaky. I am surprise that any deity would believe I am of sound judgement. :D

As for the warhammer, it is a 1d4+1. I think I am gonna change this somewhat to make it my holy symbol as well. Will detail a bit in a few minutes, once I am done making up my pizza.

John
10-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Cool, did you want to add in the modifiers for the ability scores or shall I do it. And there is no need to put the languages or modifier with INT or the encumbrance modifier with STR

Meinolf
10-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Didn't think about it. Added in all the ones that are relevant, i.e. there is actually a modifier.

Now that I think about it, how are we doing percentile rolls? I think I read that the dice roller can't do any die with more than two digits. 2d10 method?

John
10-16-2011, 05:11 AM
2d10 method, first die is tens, second is ones.

Meinolf
10-18-2011, 02:52 AM
I updated my background a bit. While I have little experience with the Greyhawk Campaign world, I managed to find this map (http://www.sodabob.com/roleplay/dnd/Maps/files/TwoFlanaessMapFull.jpg) that helped me out a little bit. I may edit some things in the future, but for now it works.

Meinolf
10-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Update Oct 24th; I updated the layout of my character sheet a bit to prettify it. I made a spell list of all priestly available spells, and the spheres that Mendel has access to -- this list is based on the revised rules from Player's Option: Spells and Magic and from the fact that Mendel is a follower of Hades. I also made a last minute change to Mendel's memorized spells before we enter the dungeon proper. Since he has a ring with cure/cause light wounds, I figured it would be a waste to devote two spell slots for that same exact spell. Instead I went with light/darkness and remove/cause fear.

Special thanks to Auki for the idea of using a semi-colon instead of a parenthesis for the layout design, and to Misfortune for the ascii brackets to decorate the segment headers. :)

Meinolf
11-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Whoops, haha. I checked out Mendel's age and realized that I had screwed it up. I had rolled 3d12 and came up with 22, but forgot to add it to the base age of 60. Mendel just aged from 22 to 82. Shouldn't change anything I've written so far, but I thought I would just let everyone else know.

Meinolf
01-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Level 2 hit point roll.

[dice0]