PDA

View Full Version : WoRPA RULES 'n SUCH

Imp
10-18-2011, 03:43 AM
THE RULES AND GUIDELINES OF WORPA

WARNING... this contains a lot of reading T_T

First off, RPA forum rules are still in existence here as it would be anywhere in the forum.

Secondly here are the RP rules...

Thou shalt not GodModdith!
Thou shalt not commit to spammetry, flametry, trolletry, nor bigotry!
Thou shalt not question the above words' spelling and existence!
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

LIFE IN WORPA

What is the benefit of dying?
When you die, you are refreshed, given back whatever gear is lost, and you get an easy ticket to a nearby temple (if you support the light side) or get placed in the Underworld without having to walk there (supporting the Dark side). You MAY also win some experience for dying in a heroic manner or if a scrifice is required in a quest.

Do we level up?
Yes after every chapter, that is. What you have completed in the previous chapter will accumulate into points and you will be given the option to upgrade/change your character.

Do I have to eat and stuff?
Typical necessities like eating and sleeping aren't needed here. However, every action you commit possess the possibility for reprisals in many forms. If you go to attack another player, expect a possible fight to the death. If you commit a crime or any unlawful act, expect others to possibly seek to punish you. If you were a spy and caught or a lying thief, expect not to be trusted. So in the end you can spy on others, attempt to sneak in and assassinate an enemy player tor whatever.

Making alliances/friends?
Many quests require the aid of others in which you can band together to create a team or in certain chapters, a kingdom which is capable of taking territory when the time is available.

Can I capture and have slaves?
No you can't have slaves I'm afraid unless a captured character wishes to be. No one can be forced to do anything unless both the slave and slaver agree. Obviously capturing someone is good in lowering the count of current enemies, however, slaves are tricky and able to escape if the band of slavers are on the go and not in a fortified position.

STATS
STAT SYSTEM? Say what, G?
Yeah, dawg! See it goes like this, to make the combat system less random and a bit more balanced and doesn't require the greatest of writing skill, we bring to you the combat stat system. It works like this: You are given 10 points to spread across 5 different attributes. Once this is set and a battle concerning the stat system comes up(not all battle require the stat system) then you will be able to roll the dice and pray. When it comes time to fightin' and your strength attribute is greater than the person you are fighting, then you have a higher chance of dealing greater damage. If your agility is lower than another person, then you have less chance of hitting them depending on how high the stat is. IF you have double the stat points or more in a single attribute compared to your attacker, you can easily hit/dodge/blow them away with magic /run faster/beat the crap outta them without trying.

Dice and stats together?
This is simple as all you need to do is use the dice roller and some simple math.

FIRST
Know your weapon's strength and how many times it can hit (for ranged it is called 'Rate of Fire', for melee it is called 'Swings').

SECOND
The amount of swings/rate of fire = amount of dice rolled (if you have 3 points in that area, then you use 3 dice)

THIRD
The sum amount rolled is added together INCLUDING the weapon's strength.All of this combined must be greater than the target's strength or else it isn't counted as a critical wound but minor or less.

NOTE A target's Agility subtracts the damage rolled. (you rolled the sum of 8, your enemy's agility is 2, so your damage you give has been brought down to 6).

ALSO Your character's Strength is added in when rolling for melee attacks ONLY, not ranged attacks or magic.. So not only your weapon's damage counts but also your own strength.

MAGIC is almost the same where you use your Intelligence instead of Strength and your enemies Intelligence instead of their strength. However, there is no rate of fire but rather magic automatically hits but must also be equall or greater than the target's overall magic defense(armor + Intelligence). Once it hits, it not only causes damage but also casts wahtever status onto the target (freeze/poison/fire/whatever status).

STATS MUST BE USED AGAINST BOSSES UNLESS MAJORITY AGREES ON OTHER TERMS

Oh and the code for dice roller is y X=number of dice and y equals sides of each dice. We will always be using 6 sides unless later stated.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

How can I fight another person?
You can fight them however you wish! Those wishing to fight must agree upon the manner. Either by using the stat system, having judges, agreeing who will win, or just playing it out to see where it goes. However, you will most likely be 'pinned' than die so quickly.

Can I fight Anything I want like a tank, dragon, other character, or even an NPC??
You can fight anything and everything including an innocent tree! The metal used in weapons and armor is truly the same and thus allows for a spear to be thrown into an armored robot and an axe to chop off the barrel of a tank (if you can get up close). Some units, however, will need far more than your typical weapons to defeat. As for other characters and NPCs, yes you can but be warned that commiting to such an action isn't wise for reasons that you may be throwing your life away and also won't look good on your rep. Killing NPCs will reflect badly on your respect.

What if a friend comes to join in on a fight? Or what about group fights?
Well then stats are multiplied. You simply add your stats with your friend(s) against the enemy in hopes of defeating the foe. Say your strength is 5 and your friend's is 3. Well that is 8 against the enemy's stat.

What about fighting Bosses and monsters?
They both get their own stats which will be presented on the Chapter's info thread. Regular monsters are generally weak and made more so for hack'n'slash moments. Bosses are a lot harder to defeat obviously. A single person would be easily crushed under several blows. Teams are needed when fighting bosses as one on one is near impossible for beginning levels.

How am I killed in action?
Well either you die willingly OR you can be wounded 4 times and on your 5th time of being wounded, you are killed. Taking a break from battle (retreating) removes a wound. If you are healed, then all of your wounds are healed and you start fresh. NOTE you can die everyone decides to jump you using the stat system and 5 attacks actually wound you. Also bosses do strike back and are far stronger than yourself.

Can I control an army or Kingdom?
Yes and I'm glad you asked! Kingdoms are formed with friends. You must have 5 friends to create a kingdom. With that, you get to dow ahtever inside your kingdom and also make it look however you want. You will also get a place on the map. Keep in mind though that Kingdoms will not be available until chapter 2 comes. As for armies, yes and you can customize them however you wish but they will not fully be added in until chapter 2. You can have a group of warriors follow you but they will be nothing more than cannon fodder until Chapter 2 comes around.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

QUESTS

How do I join a quest?
Simple, just team up with some friends (going rogue isn't wise as you may be easily taken down) and be on your way towards the location of wherever the current quest(s) may be visible on the map!

WHAT is the reward for completing a quest?
The award may be listed under the chapter details. This may be currency, skills, upgrade to attributes, other things decided by either GM or majority rule. Keep in mind that only the team who completes the quest to the last will win.

Do I have to do a quest and can I choose?
You are forced to act on a quest of your choosing which means at the start of the chapter, it would be wise to plan what you will do and follow it up with heading towards your chosen quest. Side-quests are sometimes shorter and best to complete first. The main quests are deemed harder so it isn't advised to go in alone. Oh and if you don't tackle on of the quests for sometime, the God's will kill you.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

RELIGIOUS ORDERS

Am I going to Hell when I die?
DEATH holds no bounds other than your religious alignment. If you choose to be with the light side, you are resurrected into any temple, possibly one nearby. If you are part of the dark side, you are spawned in the Underworld and thus must fight your way out (just zombies and demons). IF you are Neutral, you simply become a ghost (or can spawn in the Underworld) that can wander about freely. As a ghost, you are not harmed by magic of any kind but cannot attack others while in this state. You are slightly visible and can open conversations with anyone. ALSO anyone is free to just become a ghost but certain quests may require a religious stance.

Light side and Dark side? Does the latter have cookies?
You are given the option to join either the religious order of Light or Dark.
Doing a vast amount of good deeds over time will grant you certain skills from the light side. Doing evil things will grant you the ability to summon a hellspawn or transform yourself into a great demonic monster. Or you can remain neutral and live your life without being completely harassed by either side.

How do I earn Light/Dark points?
That will be listed with the reward of certain quests.

THIS AREA IS OPEN FOR DEBATE ON RULES POSTED HERE

AngelicAsylum
10-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Awesome! Once I'm done with my midterm haul I'll post my character!

CALYPSO
10-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Finally! It's about time! I'm debating between a healer or an assassin. Hmm