PDA

View Full Version : Getting used to the battle system

Pages : [1] 2 3

John
10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Okay, so this will be to help get a decent style for posting with the rolls down. This may be altered in the campaigns slightly depending on the circumstances, but to start we'll just keep it simple. As you wipe out the enemies, or vice versa, I'll add more. For now though I will create a second post and gvie you some enemies to fight as the dice roller doesn't work in the first post of a thread.

John
10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
You enter the 50 foot by 60 foot room,. Which is unremarkable save for the four goblins each is armed with a short sword. Upon seeing you enter, they draw their weapons and rush to attack.

Initiative roll

[dice0]

Okay, so I'm thinking you will post your drawig of weapons and positioning for battle and roll your initiative. You will roll one ten sided die and then if you look at your DEX score, some of you will have modifiers, the first number is the initiative modifier and you will subtract that number form your roll to get your initiative. So if I had a DEX of 16, my mod would be +1 and I would subtract that from the result of the die roll. For the sake of ease, and as I'm sure we can all do simple math, beside initiative roll, please post whatever the modifier is so we ca easily figure out who goes first. After everyone has rolled initiative, I will do a DM post to give the battle order and then everyone can execute their attacks.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 02:12 AM
[dice0]

Trying a quote to see if the dice roller will work in it. If it does, it will become my standard way of showing my modifiers.

Edit: It did work. Now to see if I can edit a message without it clearing the dice. Also, I will add in my combat text.

Mendel readies his warhammer across his body in a defensive manner, and looks across the field of battle to find his first victim.

John
10-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Do you mean so that you can edit them in after the roll?

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Dunno, didn't try. However, I was able to make a roll in my post, and then go back and edit it. I was worried that it wouldn't let me, and thus I wouldn't be able to clean up my posts afterward.

However, I shall try with this post.

Edit: It does not work.

Edit2: Looks like I misread your post, Naz. However, I still answered your question. :D

John
10-19-2011, 02:33 AM
Well, might as well do this one on one till some others get here.

Three of the goblins stand their ground The forth rushes straight at you, swinging his shortsword

Attacking Meinolf (needs 15 to hit)

[dice0]

Damage (+0)

[dice1]

When you post your attack rolls, if you would post your THAC0 with the weapon your suing beside attack roll. I will post what I need to hit so that if I do, you can say what happens to the enemy's swing in your post. So here goes...

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Sorry about the wait. I was making my pizza dough for the evening.

The first victim steps forth and tests his steel against the might that is Mendel. The fool. His resolve is nothing against the backing of Hades that fuels Mendel's hammer.

[dice0]

[dice1]

Evidently Mendel's shoelaces were untied. Damn gnomish cobblers.

John
10-19-2011, 02:59 AM
You know what, I think that the initiative roll for the next round will also be required in your post so that we don't have to break the flow of the battle. Anyway.

The goblin sidesteps the attack. Or at least he would have had it been anywhere near him and then readies his next attack.

[dice0]

John
10-19-2011, 03:16 AM
And sorry, forgot to post that that was my initiative roll for the upcoming round. Hey Meinolf, why not try a spell. For anyone who does cast a spell, some have casting times which appears in segments on the spell description(some will appear in rounds or turns) In battle for the most part, it will be segments. So if a spell takes five segments to cast, and my init. is 5, I add 5 to the roll for the casting time and now my init is 10. It should be noted that you do have to concentrate to cast a spell and if you are hit, that concentration is broken and you lose your init. for that round.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 03:34 AM
Furious at the goblin for living for even one more minute than necessary, Mendel begins to call upon Hades to smite down his worthless hide.

[dice0]

[dice1]

[dice2]

[dice3]

Question: In default 2E you want to get a lower number for initiative. Is the same true for how we are using the system? For example, would I be gunning for a 1 or a 10?

Edit: Dammit all to Hades. That's it, I am melting me some dice.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 03:45 AM
lol i dont want to intrude and complicate things..

::edit::
actually, i better start making things more complicated, as training, lol... the real rp is going to be more complicated.

initiative roll: dex-18 (+3+3-4)
i didnt understand the modifier for initiative.

John
10-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Just make an init roll. 1d10 XD And then after your roll I'll post the battle order

Question: In default 2E you want to get a lower number for initiative. Is the same true for how we are using the system? For example, would I be gunning for a 1 or a 10?

Edit: Dammit all to Hades. That's it, I am melting me some dice.

I'm sorry, but for some reason, I don't understand the question. A 1 is the best init, or if you meant for the to hit, you're gunning for a 20... or whatever you need to hit the particualr armour class of what you want to hit. Oh, and just to let everyone know, not all spells require a to hit roll. The one Meinolf used was a touch spell.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 03:51 AM
[dice0]

John
10-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Battle order, the goblins, Meinolf, Korvis

A second goblin rushes at the new arrived intruder as the first one slashes wildly at the cleric, who has started to cast a spell.

Attack roll Meinolf HP 9 (need 15)
[dice0]
Damage Roll 1d6
[dice1]

Attack roll Korvis HP 6(need 16)
[dice2]
Damage 1d6
[dice3]

Next round initiative roll
[dice4]

I've decided that I'm going to keep track of your hit points with the attack rolls to make life easier for all.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Okay, that answered my question. Just to clarify, my init roll from the last post is a 7, which means I move before Korvis' character, since he rolled a 10. Correct? The only things I can think of that will modify this roll would be Dex and spells at the moment, since we are not using weapon speeds. Well, that and magical weapons give a boost from their pluses -- but that only matters to Auki (axe +1) since awean8 doesn't have a magical bow, just magical arrows.

John
10-19-2011, 04:05 AM
Actually, you both go at the same time as he gets a +3 to his roll. Technically you go last in the round due to the spell being cast last in that particular segment.

And Korvis is unconscious on the floor until the Dungeonmaster waves his hand and gives him full HP so he can make an attack roll.

Edit: And any time someone rolls a natural 20, what the goblin got against Meinolf, it inflicts double damage

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Okay, if crits are just double damage, then I am down to 3 hit points.

[dice0]

[dice1]

Edit: I hate these dice.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 04:08 AM
oh my. it was so accurate that the blow severed my soul from my body, lol.... well then... i await waiving of the magical hand...

John
10-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Meinolf, you would also need to roll the amount it heals. But I'll bring him back now. just for the hell of it so he can get practice. I mean on more hit and you're done anyway, and the goblin would swing before you in the next round.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:25 AM
I did roll the amount I healed for. Which was 1. Remember that with touch spells, you only have to roll the to-hit if the target doesn't want to be touched by you. Apparently Mendel has no qualms with touching himself, so he just laid his hands upon himself and mended a paper cut.

Edit: I must remember to post the initiative from the previous post so that you don't have to scroll back to deduct cast times.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 04:30 AM
yay! so i get to attack?

John
10-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Right. The 8 sider threw me off there.

Krovis, make an attack roll and damage and initiative for the next round and I'll post the order for the next round. Meinolf's next round init is 10 due to the spell he will be casting.

And I like the way Meinolf did that. Instead of not posting or just posting how hard he got hit and the spell failing, he also posted what action he'd take in the next round. So we'll do that for failed spells and other failed actions that may occur.

And don't forget guys, roleplay the hits you receive or evade.

And while we do this I would like to discuss whether or not we want to use friendly fire in this RP, which will definitely come into play as the mage gains in power.

Edit, and I totally calculated that wrong, but then you rolled a d20 for your inti Meinolf.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Mage gains in power (read: Anne gets fireball).
Gotcha. I am used to friendly fire, but unless you are going to give us some layout diagram to figure out how we are all scattered across a map, I think it would be easier to skip friendly fire and have the party immune to her offensive spells. Perhaps other spells would work, such as grease and web, which are things that the party can account for, but trying to figure out if we are hit by a fireball or lightning bolt might be too much.

John
10-19-2011, 04:39 AM
Kind of what I was thiking too, but there will be a map in the dungeon. I have a way I can do it without revealing the whole thing in one shot. But yeha, I say skip it too.

And almost forgot. Correct em if I'm wrong, but your character is wielding 2 weapons Korvis, so you got make 2 to hit rolls and 2 damage rolls. One for each weapon.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:44 AM
I am not sure if I am suppose to be making an attack yet or not, so I am gonna change my format a little bit. I am gonna use a hide tag and mark what round the rolls are for. I will say that I made my initiative for the previous round already.

[dice0]

[dice1]

[dice2]

John
10-19-2011, 04:46 AM
I'd prefer you don't. I would like everyone to post round by round so it's easier for me to keep track of.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Well the point was that you were asking us to post parts of the next round as well, so I was trying to keep it ordered. To keep with my example from my previous post, would it be alright if I kept the spoiler tag for round 4 as it is, but remove the spoiler tag for the initiative roll for round 5?

John
10-19-2011, 04:55 AM
You know what if you were to add the work initiative after Round Five, that would even make it easier

Korvis
10-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Dragging herself up, Kass jerks her daggers from their holsters on the sides of her chest, eyes narrowing as she dashes toward the creature, slashing upward with her right hand and spinning to stab with her left into its neck, yelling out as her wound opens up more....

attack:
right hand
[dice0]
left hand
[dice1]

damage:
right hand THACO-20
[dice2]
left hand THACO-21
[dice3]

initiative:
[dice4]

(is this right???)

John
10-19-2011, 04:58 AM
That is correct. And yeah, I thin the spoiler tags are definitely a good idea. Only thing, the THAC0 goes after the To Hit roll and not the damage roll. You missed on both rolls and the one where you rolled a one, your weapon broke?

There's a thought, what do we want to do about critical misses, which would be rolling a natural 1.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 05:03 AM
i would say that you somehow manage to hurt yourself with the action. for me maybe extending like that tore my wound open more or something, resulting in more lost hit points.

John
10-19-2011, 05:05 AM
WE generally had 3 options when we used to play, though it was dependent on who the DM was as to which we used. But they were, hit yourself, drop weapon, break weapon.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 05:09 AM
idk, but this goblin is whoopin my ass.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Can I get a recount on where I am? I am unsure if I need to do another roll or if we are moving on to a new round.

As for critical misses, I am for them. I am even for them being applied randomly, such as you make a secret 1d6 roll and on a 1 we just made a critical fumble, otherwise it is just a normal miss.

John
10-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Okay, I like that idea. That's what we'll do. Okay, now let's start up a new battle altogether, just so I can add in some different rolls and whatnot.

So the DM waves his hand and the Gblis disappear, replaced by two zombies who being shambling towards both of you.

Initiative roll not needed as zombies strike last due to being slow.

Draw your weapons and roll those inits!

Korvis
10-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Recovering from her failed attack, thin smoke twisting around her body as the goblins dissapear away, and zombies appear close.... She jumped back, pulling 2 throwing daggers out off of her chest ready to unleash them at the zombie on the right as it shambles toward her.

Initiative:
[dice4]

oh my! i need to roll the initiative first, dont i? well then, here it is...

::edit2::
oh, a couple things, how many knives can i throw in one turn, unless otherwise specified are damage roles always 1d6, and also, its nice to have preset templates written down in word or notepad that i can copy and paste instead of having to write all that rolling code and stuff down again.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Mendel scowls at the lost opportunity to bash in some goblin skull, but is pleased at the sight of the zombies. Hades favors those who help him put to rest the lively dead.

He holds aloft his hammer, and the blackened iron chains crackle as an unholy light beams forth toward the undead.

Round 1 Initiative, no modifiers.
[dice0]

Turn Undead, 13 or higher to turn zombies.
[dice1]

Round 2 Initiative, no modifiers.
[dice2]

John
10-19-2011, 05:36 AM
You can attack Korvis. Meinolf, for the opening bit of a battle, let's just do the first post as the init for that round, each of us taking our attacks in turn , that way, you can react to any hits you receive when it comes to your turn to post in the initiative.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Kass spins, twisting her body and ending on her knee, releasing the two knives at the target, aiming for the chest and head, one right after the other...

To Hit:
THAC0-17
Throwing Dagger 1
[dice0]

THAC0-17
Throwing Dagger 2
[dice1]

Damage:
Throwing Dagger 1
[dice2]

Throwing Dagger 2
[dice3]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Alright, so I should have just posted the round 1 initiative, and then made my turn undead attempt, correct?

Sorry for taking so long in between my posts. Pizza is going in the oven.

John
10-19-2011, 05:55 AM
The zombies continue to shamble forward, unaffected by the Mendel's turning. Kass's daggers manage to find their marks, sinking into the zombies flesh as blood and bile seep form the wounds. Still, the zombie shambles forward and both strike.

Attack roll (needs 15 to hit)
[dice0]
Damage 1d6
[dice1]

Attack roll (needs 16 to hit)
[dice2]
Damage 1d6
[dice3]

Initiative Round 2 Zombies attack last.

Mendel has 6 and Korvis, I need Kass' roll. When posting your attack, put it at the end of your post please

DM's note, if the zombies hit you, you need to save vs. poison or contract a disease. Roll 1d20 as your first action in your post. Characters will have no immediate reaction to the contracted disease

Korvis
10-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Initiative "DEX 18(+3/+3/-4)":
[dice0]

John
10-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Alright, so I should have just posted the round 1 initiative, and then made my turn undead attempt, correct?

Sorry for taking so long in between my posts. Pizza is going in the oven.

Si senor. My thinking is that we all take our turns, doing our battle prep post and roll our inits. Then I will post the posting order and we all do our thing. I am going ot start calling individual monsters in groups with numbers IE Zombie 1, Zombie 2 for when we have situations with multiple party members attacking the same creature. You guys will then pick your target by posting the Zombie you are attacking at the beginning of your attack roll.

Edit Attack Order. Kass, Mendel, Zombies.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Mendel scowls at how ineffectual he was as a conduit for Hades wrath, but he still easily sidesteps the zombies raking claws with the haft of his hammer acting as a barrier between him and a grim ending. From there he makes a full swing from the hip to really drive the head of his warhammer into the zombies shambled body.

Thac0 20, no modifiers.
[dice0]

[b]Warhammer 1d4+1 damage, no modifiers.
[dice1]

Initiative, round 3.
[dice2]

John
10-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Psst, Kass got first attack XD

Korvis
10-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Her eyebrows furrowing, Kass pulls her daggers back out, knowing that she is going to need more accuracy if she expects to take this thing down. She lunges toward the zombie, stabbing with her right hand toward it's eye, and slashing under her arm across its neck with the other hand.

To Hit:
THAC0-20
Right Hand Dagger
[dice0]

THAC0-21
Left Hand Dagger
[dice1]

Damage:
Right Hand Dagger
[dice2]

Left Hand Dagger
[dice3]

[dice4]

oop, forgot to say which target... the same zombie as before, the far right one, which i designate zombie 2, lol...

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Sorry, didn't realize we had to post in initiative order, just that our actions would be counted in that order.

John
10-19-2011, 06:23 AM
I think I screwed up before with the to hit roll from Kass, but, not much to do about it now, so....

The zombie attaching Mendel staggers back form the force of the weapon and blood splashes into the face of the Gnome. Still, the zombie is not deterred and swings at Mendel

Attack Roll (needs 15 to hit)
[dice0]
Damage 1d6
[dice1]

As one of the daggers thrown by kass sials harmlessly passed the zombie, the other impacts it squarely between the eyes with a sickening squishy sounding noise and the zombie falls to the floor, finally put to rest.

DM note: Don't forget, save vs poison if hit by the zombie

Round 3 Order: Mendel, Kass, Zombie

John
10-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Sorry, didn't realize we had to post in initiative order, just that our actions would be counted in that order.

No worries. It just makes it easier for me to keep track of how much damage is getting done and when.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 06:25 AM
YAY!!! *clapping hands*

a couple things from earlier you didnt answer:
oh, a couple things, how many knives can i throw in one turn, unless otherwise specified are damage roles always 1d6, and also, its nice to have preset templates written down in word or notepad that i can copy and paste instead of having to write all that rolling code and stuff down again.

also, those were my daggers, not my throwing knives :D but it worked out fine anyways :D

::edit2::
Kass smiles as the zombie hits the floor, placing a foot on its jaw and pulling out her knives from its chest and face, trying to check and see if they were still in good condition before wiping them off on some of the zombie's clothing and turning to the gnome and his prey. She knew he wouldnt want her interfering, but she stood ready to attack if he couldnt take it out with his next attack.

John
10-19-2011, 06:29 AM
YAY!!! *clapping hands*

a couple things from earlier you didnt answer:

also, those were my daggers, not my throwing knives :D but it worked out fine anyways :D

Different weapons and items do different damage rolls. If you should find better weapons alter on, the rolls may change. And you can throw two of your knives per round I believe. Gonna ask Meinolf for a little help here. Not sure how it works for throwing two weapons? Can it be done two handed with the non ambidextrous penalty applied?

Edit: I found the table in the book. You can throw two knives/daggers per round. There is no penalty for not being ambidextrous.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Sorry for the wait. I got a phone call. At 2ish in the morning. Which reminds me that I need to be crashing soon.

On a related note, I am making an ensemble for Anne. Is there any reason why D&D typically does not have players wearing jeans? If not, then she is gonna be dressed like a cowgirl. If jeans are a no-go I guess she will just have to wear some assless chaps.

Mendel gives a down-right diabolical grin as the reverberations of the hit travel throughout his arms. Parrying the disfigured hands and gnashing teeth once again, he makes an overhead attack.

Thac0 20, no modifiers.
[dice0]

Warhammer 1d4+1 damage, no modifiers.
[dice1]

Initiative, round 4.
[dice2]

John
10-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Mendel;'s mace comes down crushing the head of the zombie right before it falls to the floor in a bloody heap.

No jeans, and I dig what she has on in the pic. That's an awesome pic XD But yeah, go for the assless chaps. Somehow that seems like something she would wear XD

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Okay, but why not jeans? Denim has been around since the middle ages, so the material is there. They would just need to make some pants out of them.

John
10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
I don't know, jeans just seems kind of non DnDish to me

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 07:13 AM
How about dungeon dungarees? XD

John
10-19-2011, 07:28 AM
As long as they come with boots made from the skin of a purple worm XD

And I think this method for the battles works well enough. Still want to try out a few things, like thieving abilities. And I do want to get some actual saving throws happening. And then we can set out a blueprint for battle posts.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 07:30 AM
That can wait for later though. I am off to sleep with dreams of Anne's ass.

G'night.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 07:31 AM
i think it is SO much easier when you have all your templates set out in word or notepad or something. all i have to do is rp, then go to my template, copy, and paste. basically. i would strongly recommend that everybody involved do that. with that, it goes from complicated, to simple, boom, just like that.

Tune
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Okay, so I'm thinking you will post your drawig of weapons and positioning for battle and roll your initiative. You will roll one ten sided die and then if you look at your DEX score, some of you will have modifiers, the first number is the initiative modifier and you will subtract that number form your roll to get your initiative. So if I had a DEX of 16, my mod would be +1 and I would subtract that from the result of the die roll. For the sake of ease, and as I'm sure we can all do simple math, beside initiative roll, please post whatever the modifier is so we ca easily figure out who goes first. After everyone has rolled initiative, I will do a DM post to give the battle order and then everyone can execute their attacks.

When you post your attack rolls, if you would post your THAC0 with the weapon your suing beside attack roll. I will post what I need to hit so that if I do, you can say what happens to the enemy's swing in your post. So here goes...

Let's see if I understand everything I have read so far. Every post needs an initiative roll, lowest (1) is the best to get, and the initiative roll determines the order in which the players go first. Because zombies are so, they ultimately attack last.

My Bard's dex is 13 or14, and she's ambidextrous. So if I was to use two weapons at a time, or just go for one, I have to post the Hit to Roll (I have to read up more on that), I'm not sure if my character will have dex modifiers.

So, from what I gathered, correct me if I am wrong, an initiative needs to be posted during every round, and an initiative roll is posted at the end of one round to represent the next round. The To Hit includes THAC0, then we roll for damage. If we have two weapons, we include THAC0 and damage for both. If we roll a natural 1 on critical misses (still unsure of that), our weapons break? If there a possibility that are initiative (I guess the action to attack) is strong enough that if our weapon misses, could we fumble it?

As for saves against poison, etc, would we need to roll for the amount of damage we resisted? Or is our saves automatically calculated in?

Also, I am not sure why Korvis posted "Dex 18(+3+3-4) unless the numbers in parenthesis is modifiers?

Shepherd
10-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Let's see if I understand everything I have read so far. Every post needs an initiative roll, lowest (1) is the best to get, and the initiative roll determines the order in which the players go first. Because zombies are so, they ultimately attack last.

Correct.

My Bard's dex is 13 or14, and she's ambidextrous. So if I was to use two weapons at a time, or just go for one, I have to post the Hit to Roll (I have to read up more on that), I'm not sure if my character will have dex modifiers.

Your "To Hit" roll is the same as everyones, 1 20 sided die, or 1d20. And your Dex moddifier (which your character does not have) only applies to ranged attacks.

So, from what I gathered, correct me if I am wrong, an initiative needs to be posted during every round, and an initiative roll is posted at the end of one round to represent the next round. The To Hit includes THAC0, then we roll for damage. If we have two weapons, we include THAC0 and damage for both. If we roll a natural 1 on critical misses (still unsure of that), our weapons break? If there a possibility that are initiative (I guess the action to attack) is strong enough that if our weapon misses, could we fumble it?

Whether or not you hit the enemy is based of what you roll and your THAC0 determines what the number you need to roll is. Which is based on the enemies Armor Class (AC.) So higher on the 20 sided die is better in this case. And yes, after your to hit roll, you roll damage based off the weapon you are using. (1d4, 1d6, ect.) Not sure what happens on a critical miss, have to ask Naz on that one.

As for saves against poison, etc, would we need to roll for the amount of damage we resisted? Or is our saves automatically calculated in?

Both, your save is already calculated on your sheet under saving throws. For you a save against poison is Paralyzation/Poison: 13. So what you would do is roll a single d20 and if you get a 13 or higher then you resist the poison. Though exactly what that means is up to the DM as sometimes if you save against something it'll still effect you, just not as much.

Also, I am not sure why Korvis posted "Dex 18(+3+3-4) unless the numbers in parenthesis is modifiers?

Yes they are his Dex modifiers that he gets for having a Dex of 18. They start at 15 and up.

Tune
10-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Very well explained :) I'm pretty sure I will be in this thread a lot, practicing rolls, etc.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Just to explain your attack roll a bit more from shepherds most excellent post, the acronym THAC0 means to-hit armor class zero. Zero represents someone in full plate with a shield -- thus the best a normal knight is expected to be able to wear. At level 1 all player's have a thac0 of 20. As a rogue class, your thac0 improves by 1 every 2 levels. Thus it will be 19 at level 3, 18 at level 5, and so on and so forth.

THAC0 chart (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD01679.htm).

Now, let us say you were level 9. That is typically called the title level, where most classes attain titles of ennoblement or begin attracting followers. At that level your bard would have a thac0 of 16. What this means is that in order to hit that zombie that Mendel was fighting in the earlier examples you would only need to roll a 6, because his A.C. was 10. If you were fighting a fully armored knight you would need to roll a 16, because his A.C. would be 0. However, some monsters will have far greater A.C. and will dip into the negative numbers. If you were fighting, say, a rampaging young dragon, its A.C. may be -3, which means you would have to roll a 19 in order to hit it.

If it helps, you can make a chart ranging from 10 to -10, and list what you need to roll for each number in order to keep track. You may not always know what the A.C. of the monster is, but you can always deduce it from appearance and trial and error.

Tune
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
That's very confusing, but from what I can gather, with THAC0 at 20, that's the worst you can get, meaning you are very vulnerable in your armor, or so it seems. The higher number, the worst armor is, the lower the number, the better it is from what you explained and from what the chart shows.

I think I understand it more. With high level armor, you need a low roll to hit it. If it has a low number, you have to have a high number to hit it. Sounds like the people who made the rules love for things to go backwards. Possibly they were smoking something in their basements?

If the DM doesn't state what the THAC0 for someone's armor/scales (for a dragon) is, would we have to guess how many dice to roll or is there a standard amount of dice to roll for damage per monster? Would we be allowed to roll more dice for mosnters/people with low THAC0 or would it just go by the damage amount your weapon can deal?

John
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I also just want to mention that everyone's THAC0 has been calculated to include all modifiers on their sheet, so no modifiers need to be added to the to hit rolls.

The damage you roll is based on the weapon and the amount of attacks you get per round, a round being one battle phase. For example, if a ghoul is attacking you, it gets 3 attacks per round. Two for it's claws and one for it's bite. it makes a separate attack and damage roll for each of these attacks.

Tune
10-19-2011, 05:34 PM
It was 2 projectiles per turn, wasn't it? Does that count for arrows, too?

A sword should get 1 use per round, 2 swords/daggers/axes get 2 uses, meaning 1 roll for 1 sword, 2 rolls for 2 swords, not including the THAC0 mention for each, and the damage roll?

John
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
The rate of fire for missile weapons can be found here (http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/PHB/DD01625.htm) In the case of a bow, it's 2/1, which means you can fire 2 arrows in one round(both arrows require their own to hit and damage rolls). And yeah, when attacking with 2 weapons, you would make a roll for each weapon.

Tune
10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Could you start a battle for me so I can get some practice? With my 6 hit points, I should be dead in a matter of minutes :lol:

But I'd still like to try.

John
10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
The Dungeonmaster waves his hand, an Orc appearing at the far side of the room. Noticing you, it draws it's longsword and rushes to attack.

Initiative roll
[dice0]

So roll your initiative, then I will post the attack order(posting order for the round)

Tune
10-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Initiative Roll
[dice0]

John
10-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Attack order: Eccawen, Orc

So now, you are going to roll an attack roll for each weapon and the damage roll for each in case they hit. At the end of your post, roll your initiative roll for the next round. And of course, start with a little roleplay post of what you're doing. IE, Eccawen slashes wildly etc.

Tune
10-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Eccawen drew her weapons, and slashed one after the other (right hand, Short Sword; left hand, Rapier) towards the Orc's abdomen.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage :
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Initiative Round 2
[dice4]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Mendel watches Eccawen skewer the hapless orc to bits, absently crunching on some popcorn, with a smile across his face. Good wholesome entertainment.

John
10-19-2011, 06:18 PM
The orc howls as the weapons sink into it's flesh. Rage can bee seen clearly in it's eyes as it strikes with his sword

Attack Roll(needs a 12 to hit)
[dice0]

Damage roll (1d8)
[dice1]

Initiative roll Round 2
[dice2]

Okay, so If the orc hits and does 6 or more points of damage, you will be unconscious. Either way, I will double post the posting order and then we continue.

John
10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
The orc swing his sword and loses his grip, the sword goes sliding across the floor,

Attack order Eccawen, Orc

Tune
10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Eccawen took advance of the Orc's fumble, and slashed again while he was distracted.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Initiative Roll Round 3
[dice4]

John
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
The orc attempts to recover his sword, but is cut down by Eccawen before it has the chance. Hitting the floor with a dull thud, the orc makes a gurgling noise as the floor becomes thick with it's blood and then dies

Tune
10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Yay!! I won in only 2 rounds ^^ Pretty good for a Bard, huh? I did better than I thought I would.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Mendel stands and applauds at the spectacular spectacle before throwing his bag of popcorn over one shoulder, hitting some poor sap standing behind him, and leaving with the rest of the audience.

Tune
10-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Can we try a few rounds with a Zombie so I can get practice with saving throws?

Now that I'm more confident with my rolls for initiative, and damage, I'd like to try something that makes me nervous -anything that involves actual math.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
lurking in the shadows, kass steams. With a popcorn bag hat, she stares daggers at mendel, pulling out her throwing knives and preparing to throw them into the bag of mendel's head.

a little pvp anybody???

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm down for trying some saving throws.

Mendel roars in a bloodlust from the last battle, rips off his chainmail, and bares the glory of his muscular gnomish form for all to be in awe of. Stepping into the arena, he awaits the coming of the next batch of victims to his warhammer.

John
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Assuming that I can actually manage to hit you as the dice have gone to hell XD Which from a DMs point of view, is a good thing.

I have to head for work soon, but if you wanted, you could ask Meiolf to give you threat or two to face off against if he has the time.

Tune
10-19-2011, 07:03 PM
If Meinolf, and Korvis are up to it (or anyone else with a CS), me and them can pair up and go against a small group of goblins? ^^

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Okay, I am now the co-DM, step forth, for a new challenger is upon you!

From the rumbling ground a hideous creature emerges. Looking much like a cross between a giant green cutworm and an inkfish, this abomination focuses directly on Eccawen. Making a blood-curdling screech, its many tentacles flopping around from its mouth, it aggressively approaches the challengers.

Make initiative rolls please. :)

Tune
10-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Initiative Roll Round 1
[dice0]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
[dice0]

[dice1]

"Don't worry none, missy, I've got your back," says Mendel in an unexpected show of support. "These bastards are a real terror down below, trust me. They should all up and die as far as I am concerned."

Initiative Order: Monster, Mendel, Eccawen.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Its many feet clicking across the arena's floor, the monster lashes out at Eccawen with its many tentacles.

[dice0]

[dice1]

One of them hit.

Holding his hammer parallel with his body, Mendel begins to mutter a spell at the worm-monster. "A curse upon you, ya damn crawler."

His spell will finish out in the next round.

Tune
10-19-2011, 07:55 PM
You rolled for other attacks for the next rounds? Or is each dice for one of the tentacles?

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
The monster gets 5 attacks per round, each doing 1d2 points of damage and has a chase of paralyzing you.

Tune
10-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Very overwhelming, but you mentioned one of them hit, so that's pretty good.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Eccawen dodged most of the tentacles, but was hit by one, causing her to skid backwards. Shrugging off the damage, she lunged towards the one of the 5 flailing tentacle, intended on severing it from the body.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Not sure if I should roll for save vs paralyzing, but I will edit my post if I am wrong, or take paralyze damage for my possible mistake.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
We will skip that one for now, since this is all for practice anyways, but from now on make it the first roll you do after being hit. You are rolling a 1d20, and the target number you are shooting for is 13 or higher.

We both forgot to roll for round 2's initiative in our last posts. Whoops. :) So here are mine:

Monster's Initiative, no modifiers.
[dice0]

Mendel's Initiative, no modifiers.
[dice1]

Edit: Oh yeah, results for your attacks. Your short sword missed, but your rapier landed a critical hit, and lopped off two of the tentacles.

Tune
10-19-2011, 08:18 PM
XD It's easy to forget when your character is dodging tentacles left and right.

Initiative Roll for Round 3
[dice0]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Just to make sure you noticed, I edited in the results from your attack in my last post.

Initiative Order: Monster, Mendel, Eccawen.

Round 2
The monster wails and shutters as two of its tentacles flop around on the ground. With its blue and black blood spewing forth from its open mouth, and lunges toward she who harmed it.

Monster Status: Only slightly wounded, but missing some appendages.
Attack vs Eccawen: AC 7, HP 6, 3 attacks.
[dice0]
1d2 Damage, save vs paralyzation or be paralyzed.
[dice1]
All 3 hit, for 5 points of damage total. You are now at 1 hit point. Make sure to roll a save vs paralyzation three separate times at the beginning of your combat round.

With an exhalation of breath, and a sound that is downright unholy, Mendel raises his hammer high over his head. The blackened chains at haft's end cackle and tremble with power, before becoming inanimate once more.

From the next round onward, the monster has a -1 to his attack rolls and morale.

Monster's Initiative, round 3.
[dice2]

Mendel's Initiative, round 3.
[dice3]

Tune
10-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Judging by the dice rolled last time, and this time, one hit last time, and there was only 1 dice that was a 1. If I guess right, the dice with the 1 amount is the one that landed.

Save vs Paralyze
[dice0]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice1]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice2]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice3]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice4]

Initiative Roll Round 4
[dice5]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 08:46 PM
You need to remember to roll a separate saving throw for each of the hits. However, even with that one you were paralyzed, meaning none of your attacks went through. Paralyzation from these bad boys lasts for a good while so you are effectively out.

The crawler sneezes as Eccawen succumbs to the sticky fluids of its tentacles. Giving Mendel a menacing look, it jaunters over to the hole it crawled out of, and leaves the arena.

Tune
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Alright; I thought I only needed to roll a saving throw for the hit that hits me. I wasn't sure how many of the tentacles hit me, so my mistake.

Good luck taking it out!

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Nope, all three hit you. The crawler had a to-hit of 17. 17 - 7 (your current a.c.) is 10. So he just had to roll a 10 or higher in order to hit you.

Since I don't feel like battling myself, I'll just end this mock-up battle. Perhaps this beastie will show up for another round in a little bit.

Tune
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh, that makes since. I really should have paid more attention to the "to-hit" rolls than the damage. I was watching my HP a little too closely. Now that I know the mathematics behind it, I should be able to go once the paralysis wears off.

I hope if I ever get paralyzed in a real battle that someone would move me out of the way before I get myself killed :lol: I'd love to see the others practice, just to see the battles.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 09:28 PM
im up for a practice match :D

Shepherd
10-19-2011, 09:34 PM
(I could use a bit of practice. See how I'll fair.)

Torvah approcahed the arena cautiously, he could smell the blood and death that filled the air of this place and it gave him a sense of unease. As he looked to the action at the center of the ring, he noticed that adventurers were fighting against various beasts. He did not condone such things, but it didn't appear the creatures fighting were caged or mistreaded... if fact it appeared as if they were just materiazling out of thin air, strange indeed.

The Druid decided to investigate the matter of the randomly appearing mosters. Drawing his scythe, he approached the ring.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Having watched the last few matches, and seeing a new challenger enter the arena, kass pulled out two throwing knives, ready to attack when the enemies appear.

[dice0]

Tune
10-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Edit: Eccawen watches from her frozen position, awaiting the start of the battle, and being free to move as she pleases.

Shepherd
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
(Well we would need either Meinolf or Naz in order to practice. I don't know enough about it all to come up with things on the fly.)

Korvis
10-19-2011, 10:14 PM
the creative process i have no problem with, but unfortunately i still dont know how to figure out the technical stuff. :( i thought mein was here, haha...

Shepherd
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
(He was..... keyword..... was)

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Sorry everyone. I am back now.

Alright, so we have Torvah, Kass, and Eccawen in the ring. Mendel will not be joining you for this battle, as he had to use the little gnome's room. With a wave of my hand, all of you are restored to normal and are in tip-top shape. So, prepare yourself, for several challengers have appeared.

With a hissing sound, several reptilian figures appear from the other side of the Arena -- their bodies are a dark hue of green flecked with black, and their scales glisten as though they just stepped out of a large body of water. They stand tall over all of you and have a murderous glare in their eyes.

We have four lizard men here. Lizard man one has a spear and shield, two and three both have a club and shield, and four has two wicked short swords. I shall roll one group initiative for all of them each turn, however the three of you still use individual initiative.

Lizard Men Initiative, +1 penalty.
[dice0]

Tune
10-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds like Troglodytes mentioned in D&D Online, but that is 3-3.5 Edition.

Initiative First Round Roll
[dice0]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
To help y'all get a picture:

http://www.purpleworm.org/rules/MM/LIZARDMN.gif

Edit: Wow, that is a crappy picture. XD

Korvis
10-19-2011, 11:26 PM
[dice0]

lol, awesome :D and... question, if im using a ranged weapon, and i am a distance from the enemy, can i attack while they are like, running for me? i thought it was strange before that i jumped back to put distance between me and the creature before attacking, but in that same round, he still attacked me with a melee attack... is this just how it has to be, or how does that work?

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:40 PM
As far as I can tell, movement has been ignored for the most part for this combat system. However, you make a fair point. So, right now the three of you can move twice as fast as these three lizard men (elves and humans have 12 movement, whereas lizard men have 6). Normally you can move at half your normal movement and still make your full melee attack each round, or one-half your normal ranged attacks each round.

You can also charge an opponent for a 50% boost to your movement, +2 to your to-hit roll, and double normal damage. However, doing so lowers your initiative by 2, you lose all dex bonuses to A.C., and you suffer an additional A.C. penalty of 1.

Tune
10-19-2011, 11:40 PM
What happens when two people's initiative's are the same? Do we reroll?

Korvis
10-19-2011, 11:44 PM
i would think our attacks would just happen simultaneously.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:44 PM
If it is between players, then I will just go alphabetical by class name, then by player name. Monsters will always go after players in the event of a tie.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Simultaneous is probably how it should go, but I want to keep with a turn-based style for now. :)

Tune
10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Looks like I will be going first because of my class, but it doesn't really matter to me either way. Shepherd still hasn't rolled his Initiative if he still wants to take place in the practice battle?

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Well, there isn't a tie in initiative yet, so it is a moot point. As for shepherd, it looks like he is taking a bit of a break himself, so he will have to miss out for this battle. However I do believe Mrs. Anne is gonna step in to get some practice in just a moment.

Anne Bonny
10-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, dear. :)

Morwyn inched into the arena nervously, her eyes shifting from one enemy to the next as she took sized them up. The mage placed herself near the back of the group, much preferring to blend into the background than take the lead. She armed herself with a whip, a dagger, and as much courage as she could muster up.

[dice0]

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Alright, let the battle commence.

Initiative Order: Kass (4), Lizard Men (5), Morwyn (6), Eccawen (7).

Remember everyone: To-Hit roll, followed by Damage roll, followed by Round 2's Initiative roll. If you need to roll a saving throw, roll it before your To-Hit.

Tune
10-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Looks like Anne will be going first! But then who is next? O.o because Korvis and I both rolled 7 for Initiative. I have no problem posting simultaneously since we both use 2 weapons.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 11:53 PM
does that make me the first attacker?, with my initiative modifier?

Tune
10-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Oh, Initiative modifier... Didn't really pay attention to it ^^; sorry.

Meinolf
10-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Kass (Korvis' character) has a +3 bonus to her initiative score because she has an 18 Dexterity. She goes first.

Korvis
10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
From the shadows, most likely surprising the lizardman (#4) 2 throwing knives come shooting like lightning toward the lizardman's knees, followed quickly by Kass, who steps out of the shadows, placing her hands on the hilts of her daggers, on the sides of her chest, crossing her arms...

To Hit:
THAC0-17
Throwing Dagger 1
[dice0]

THAC0-17
Throwing Dagger 2
[dice1]

Damage:
Throwing Dagger 1
[dice2]

Throwing Dagger 2
[dice3]

[dice4]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:13 AM
The lizard man with the two wicked swords howls as one of his legs buckles under the 2nd dagger, the hamstring being sliced through. With a sweep of his arms he makes an attack on Kass. Lizard man #3 joins him, making a wild swing toward Kass' head.

Lizard man #2, the other club-wielder, lumbers his way toward Eccawen, hissing and snarling as his gait brings him closer to the little elven woman. The final lizard man, #1, begins hissing a chant.

Lizard man #3 Attacks Kass.
[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard man #4 Attacks Kass, -2 to first roll, -4 to second roll.
[dice2]

1d6 x2 Damage.
[dice3]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Whoops, forgot the 2nd rounds initiative.

Lizard Men Initiative Round 2, +1 penalty.
[dice0]

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM
(I'll be joining in next round, sorry, went to grab a bite.)

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:17 AM
No worries. Just post an initiative roll for the second round and you can jump in. :)

Korvis
10-20-2011, 12:18 AM
oh sweet! so, did they hit me? and if so, what kind of damages are we looking at?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Neither touched you. That Kass has the luck of the devil, she does. Weaved around them like a dancer.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 12:20 AM
yay! >.< thats exciting!

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Torvah apprasied the situation and let out an exasperated sigh. He wasn't going to enjoy this. The lizard men had as much right to live as any other creature, but since they seemed intent on pressing the melee he didn't see where he had much of a choice. Muttering a quick prayer to Obad-Hai that these misguided creatures recieve a swift reincarnation, he raised his scythe.

Initative
[dice0]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Shepherd, since we are still waiting on Missy and Anne, you can go this round if you want.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 12:28 AM
(K, but wouldn't my turn happen last anyway?)

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:29 AM
You have a 7, Eccawen has a 7, and Morwyn is gonna cast a spell with a cast time of 1, so she has a 7 as well. You would be going after Eccawen but before Morwyn with the quick ruling I did a few minutes back.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 12:35 AM
(So do I need to wait for Misfortune to post? And sorry if the parenthese are annoying, Just trying to seperate IC and OOC)

Tune
10-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Well, since Anne's character is casting a spell, I'll take my turn.

Eccawen watched two of the Lizard men attack Kass, but miss each time. Turning her attention to the club wielding lizard charging at her, she stood her ground, and attacked with dual slashing, one towards the creature's neck, the other towards its abdomen.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Initiative Round 2
[dice4]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:41 AM
I suwanny Missy, what the hell did you do to those dice to keep coming up with 20's? Well, regardless, your short sword lopped off Lizard Man #2's shield arm, leaving him howling in pain. Your rapier, however, missed its mark.

Shepherd, you're up.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 12:41 AM
i think you cut it in half :o

note to self: do not fight eccawen

Tune
10-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Well... I could have been eaten alive by the tentacle monster I fought earlier. My rolls weren't that great that time, and I forgot to roll saves vs paralyze, and was left immobile. I have been lucky with dice today ^^ but I'm pretty sure Naz or Meinolf will get me killed during one of the practices later on.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 12:45 AM
(Lol, looks like it doesn't matter now ;P)

Torvah eyes narrowed as the hissed chanting of one of the lizardmen. He couldn't recognise the spell, but he doubted that any spell this creature knew would be a good thing. Tightening the grip on his scythe he dashed over to the creature. Tilting the scythe so that the blade turned upward he slashed vertically, hoping to drive the blade through the creatures juggular and up through its brain. Killing it was great, but he wanted to make sure that even if the attack didn't prove fatal, at least the creature would no longer be able to speak.

To Hit - THAC0: 20
[dice0]

Scythe - 1d6+1
[dice1]

Initiative - Round 2
[dice2]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 12:53 AM
The razor sharp edge of the scythe misses the lizard man shaman, the arch too shallow and missing the neck of the foul creature by a hair's breadth. The shaman doesn't even flinch, and continues with his casting, only a moment away from completion.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Well, Anne needs to bow out for this fight, so ...

With a triumphant hiss, the shaman raises his spear to the sky. Between one breath and the next, the whole of the Arena is covered in a heavy mist, so thick that one can only see a few feet in front of them.

Unless you are attacking something literally right next to you, you will be shooting wildly and will hit randomly.

Initiative Order: Kass (2), Lizard Men (2), Eccawen (3), Torvah (3).

Korvis
10-20-2011, 01:05 AM
will i be attacking first?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Yes.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 01:08 AM
i have "detect noise - 35" can i try and roll to see if i can pinpoint any of the enemies?

Tune
10-20-2011, 01:08 AM
UGH!! I absolutely hate that spell, especially with 7+ monsters attacking all at once, and soloing >< And even being an Elf doesn't help unless you have a high spot rank, or so I assume on DDO.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Kass and Eccawen both have Detect Noise. I will allow both of you to make a percentile die roll if you are attempting to locate something by noise.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 01:15 AM
how many sides?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Roll 2d10 for a percentile die. A ten for the first die represents a 0.

Tune
10-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Should we roll percentile before or during our next attack posts?

Korvis
10-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Rolling to detect noise (skill level 35)
[dice0]

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 01:19 AM
(Yeah Obscurring Mists really sucks in DDO. But did you know if you cast a fire spell like burning hands it dispells it?)

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Alright, to clear things up you can see about 5-10 feet away from you. Right now Eccawen can still see lizard man 2. Kass is still flanked by Lizard man 3 & 4. Torvah is still able to see Lizard man 1. You don't need to rely on detect noise unless you plan on moving to a different location, or attacking a lizard man other than the ones your character can currently see.

Tune
10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
(No, I didn't know, but my character is a Bard on DDO, too, so I'm pretty s.o.l unless I have a Wizard with me.)

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:27 AM
(Hey missy, I stole the way you linked to the campaign in your sig. It looks nice. :) )

The cries of battle merge with the cheer's from above, masking the movements of those far away from Kass. She must rely on her eyes for the moment.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 01:27 AM
i see i see! >.<

With the air becoming filled with smoke, Kass dashes at her target, the downed lizard man, sliding her daggers out of their holster, placing a strategic foot right under the front of the lizard man and stabbing upward toward the chest cavity of the downed lizard man.

To Hit:
THAC0-20
Right Hand Dagger
[dice0]

THAC0-21
Left Hand Dagger
[dice1]

Damage:
Right Hand Dagger
[dice2]

Left Hand Dagger
[dice3]

[dice4]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:37 AM
The downed lizard man hisses and shoulders Kass away, knocking the little thief away, and slashing wildly with his swords in an inarticulate manner. Lizard man 3 attacks from behind kass, swinging to knock her legs out from under her.

Lizard man #3 Attacks Kass, -2.
[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard man #4 Attacks Kass, -2 (1st), -4 (2nd).
[dice2]

1d6 x2 Damage.
[dice3]

----------------
Howling in pain, with blood spurting out all over the sandy floor of the Arena, lizard man 2 begins to retreat from the ferocious elven woman, his morality failing him. He escapes randomly into the mists.

Eccawen gets a free attack of opportunity against the fleeing lizard man.

----------------

The shaman gives a toothy grin at the druid. Holding his shield tight to his body, he begins to make practiced thrusts at his adversary.

Lizard man #1 Attacks Torvah.
[dice4]

1d6 Damage.
[dice5]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Kass escapes pain yet again, but just barely this time. Torvah steps just out of range of the thrusting spear.

Lizard Men Initiative Round 3, +1 penalty.
[dice0]

Korvis
10-20-2011, 01:45 AM
did everybody go? im pretty sure i got first attack again.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Missy and Shepherd still need to go. So far though, you do go first again.

Tune
10-20-2011, 01:51 AM
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/Alazuria/legends_of_anglerre_by_ralphhorsley-d4dakrs.jpg

Noticing the fleeing lizard man, Eccawen scowls. "You don't enter battle than flee like a coward!" she exclaimed from within the mist, charging at the fleeing Lizard man before he got too far. With blood spewing from his wounds, Eccawen thrust both weapons forth in her charge, aimed for its back.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Tune
10-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Forgot the Initiative Roll for Round 3
[dice0]

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Torvah stepped aside from the Lizardman's thrust, the creature's mocking grin adding fuel to Torvah's blossoming hatred for the vile creature. And while he thanked Obad-Hai that the spell was not one that would cause him and his "allies" any harm, it was indeed annoying. Narrowing his eyes and collecting himself, Torvah brought his scythe downward at an angle designed to take the lizardman out at knees, as if he were a large stalk of grain to be harvested.

To Hit THAC0 - 20
[dice0]

Scythe - 1d6+1
[dice1]

Initative - Next Round
[dice2]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Eccawen's rapier severs the lizard man's spine, causing his legs to give out underneath him. He is left on the verge of death, whimpering and mewling as he bleeds out before a mysterious hand appears above his head ... in the link of an eye, the lizard man disappears for parts unknown.

Tune
10-20-2011, 01:59 AM
... I wanted a final kill shot before it died :(

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:00 AM
The shaman finds himself on his side, his knees actually being cleaved out from under him. He looks up in surprise at the druid for a moment before the pain registers ... Then he does nothing but scream.

Initiative Order: Eccawen (2), Kass (2), Torvah (3), Lizard Men (3)

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Oooh! My turn again since Torvah took his turn?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Yup. Now would be a good time to try and detect noise.

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:08 AM
[dice0]

...is that 104%?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Eccawen hears the loud screaming a lizard man off in the distance.

Do you wish to follow this noise?

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Eccawen winces from the loud screaming of the lizard man. Recalling another fighter besides the Drow Rogue/Thief, she decides not to follow the noise, and stands on guard just in case that tentacle monster shows its self.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 02:12 AM
[dice0]

...is that 104%?

(The 10 for the die would be a 0, thus you rolled a 4%)

Korvis
10-20-2011, 02:14 AM
do i still have a half-dead lizard man in front of me?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:15 AM
You gain a +1 to your A.C. until the beginning of the next round. It is now Kass' turn.

By the way, to answer your question it was a 4%. Naz may run it different, but how I've always done percentile dice was that the first d10 went from 0-9 and would serve as the tens digit. The second d10 went from 1-10 and would serve as the single digit. That way the dice would range from 1 to 100.

Edit: Kass currently has a hamstrung lizard man in front of her, and a lizard man with the shittiest luck standing behind her.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Pulling out two throwing knives, Kass spins, throwing one at each of the lizard man in front of her, and one at the one behind her, both times aiming for between the eyes...

To Hit:
THAC0-17
Throwing Dagger 1
[dice0]

THAC0-17
Throwing Dagger 2
[dice1]

Damage:
Throwing Dagger 1
[dice2]

Throwing Dagger 2
[dice3]

[dice4]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Both throwing knives miss their mark, and fly off into the distance.

Torvah takes 2 points of damage, and now has a throwing knife stuck in his left pectoral muscle, near his arm joint.

It is now Torvah's turn. Oh, and missy you need to roll initiative.

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Initiative Roll (Forgot the round)
[dice0]

Korvis
10-20-2011, 02:28 AM
oh my!!

kass's face turns bright red as she tries to act like that never happened...........

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Shepherd, you there bud?

Korvis
10-20-2011, 02:40 AM
i think this style of rp could absolutely be aided by having everybody who is active at the time be on some sort of chat.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Probably, but I don't have any chat programs, which was why I asked for the roleplay to be on the website before I joined up. :)

Korvis
10-20-2011, 02:44 AM
no need actually. im going to pm you an alternative suggestion. very simple, if you wish to check it out. im absolutely not advocating anything but using it in tandem with the forum as a tool.

as a matter of fact, we could talk to the forum admin and see if she wouldnt add it to the top of the forum as sort of a shoutbox of sorts.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Torvah inhaled sharply as a flying blade sunk deep into his chest. "Corellon's tit that hurt!" He exclaimed, glowering into the mists, though it did him little good. He had no idea who or what had thrown the knife, but Gods help the individual should he ever find out.

Pulling the knife from his chest and throwing on the ground, Torvah looked down at the wounded shaman. At least I have someone to take my anger out on, he thought. He placed the blade of the scythe on the back of the creatures neck as it lay screaming on the ground. "Don't worry, I won't let you suffer," he said to the pathetic thing, not sure if it could understand him, but not really caring either. He placed his foot on the creatures chest to hold it in place, he hoped to make this quick. As the blade rested on the creatures neck he looked it dead in the eyes... and pulled the blade swiftly up.

(Not sure if I roll to hit for prone enemies, but here goes.)

To Hit THAC0 - 20
[dice0]

Sythe - 1d6+1
[dice1]

Initative - Next Round
[dice2]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Actually you would have to talking to Naz about adding a shoutbox to the forum. :D

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 02:47 AM
(Anne is vehemently against any sort of chat or shoutbox, she claims that they are the first sign of death for any forum. So don't think that is going to fly.)

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:48 AM
(I kind of agree with Anne; they would be pretty hard to monitor all the time, too, and could cause problems with the site. Plus a shout out doesn't really help when a person is in the same thread, and/or away from the keys lol)

Korvis
10-20-2011, 02:51 AM
(while i can agree that shoutboxes in general defeat the purpose of a forum somewhat... it is undeniable that having some sort of chat to go alongside this rp specifically, due to its unique circumstances, would be very useful. we could keep it separate, no need to add it to the forum. it would probably be much better like that.)

ill speak to naz through pmz about it :) i dont like, have my heart set on it or anything like that.. in fact, it would really only serve to help the dm to deal out info quickly.

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:53 AM
This talk should most likely go into the "Getting Everything Started" thread so Naz can view it properly.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:54 AM
The pitiful screams of the lizard man are silenced as Torvah performs a coup de grace on the once prideful shaman. Soon a hand appears, and the lifeless remains of the lizard man disappear.

Elsewhere, the battle still rages on, with two lizard men frantically trying to catch a spry half-elf. Lizard man 3 forfeits trying for the legs, and just makes a focused attack at Kass from behind.

Lizard man #3 Attacks Kass, +2 to attack and ignores Dex-based defense.
[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard man #4 Attacks Kass, -2 to first roll, -4 to second roll.
[dice2]

1d6 x2 Damage.
[dice3]

Tune
10-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Do I go first again? Not sure with Korvis' initiative modifier.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Kass is down to 2 hit points.

Again I forget initiative rolls for the lizard men.

Lizard Men Initiative Round 4, +1 penalty.
[dice0]

Initiative Order: Eccawen (3), Lizard Men (3), Kass (6), Torvah (9).

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Okay missy, you are up. We've got two enemies left. Roll detect noise and find them! :)

Tune
10-20-2011, 03:05 AM
[dice0]

Edit: Good to go?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:10 AM
Eccawen hears the sound of excited hissing in one direction.

Do you follow the noise?

Tune
10-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Hell yeah!! Eccawen FTW!

Eccawen hearing the sound of excited hissing near by, and the soft pants of another humanoid, she dashed off towards the sound. Coming into view of Kass, and the 2 lizard men, Eccawen -blades drawn, slashed at the lizard man behind the female drow.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Edit: I hate forgetting Initiative Roll...

Korvis
10-20-2011, 03:15 AM
my savior!

Tune
10-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Double Post

Initiative Roll
[dice0]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:23 AM
(Is kass a half-drow? Neat.)

Lizard man 3 howls as a short sword slices along his back, and jerks around, dodging the thrusted rapier in just the nick of time. The lizard man swings back at Eccawen, looking for some payback.

Meanwhile, lizard man 4 drops his left sword, and focuses on finishing off the half-elf.

Lizard man #3 Attacks Eccawen.
[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard man #4 Attacks Kass.
[dice2]

1d6 x2 Damage.
[dice3]

Lizard Men Initiative Round 5, +1 penalty.
[dice4]

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 03:27 AM
(And Kass is very dead.... like beyond my ability to heal dead)

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:28 AM
(Whoops, sorry about lizard man 4 making an off-hand attack. Copy & paste error. Still, he hits with either roll.)

Kass is chopped in half, and finds herself gasping her last breaths before going still. As her eyes go still, a hand appears over her ...

Meanwhile, Eccawen has found herself being clobbered by the brutish lizard man 3.

Kass is out of the battle, and Eccawen has taken 5 points of damage.

It is now Torvah's turn.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 03:28 AM
so i am deader than a doornail, correct? and also, i was given the option of half-drow, however, i was told that it would increase the difficulty of leveling, whilst not giving any advantages other than my lineage being what i want it to be... so no, while i would like to have been a half-drow, i am not :)

Tune
10-20-2011, 03:29 AM
(I tried :(. At least I can avenge your death.)

Edit: On second thought... Might just let you die next time for the beating I just took.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Just realized that we need to figure out how Torvah is going to find the fight. So -- Torvah! Roll 3d6 for a Wisdom check! Let us see how good your judgement is.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 03:31 AM
As the light fades from Kass's eyes, she turns her head toward eccawen... "Avenge me, my angel of death..."... her eyes close.... for the last time...

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 03:36 AM
(I believe Naz said you could be a half-drow, you would just use all the stuff from half elf and the drow part would only be cosmetic.... but I may be wrong, wasn't really paying all *that* much attention)

Torvah surveyed the dark mists for a moment in concentration. Where could the other combatants be....? he asked himself.

Wisdom Check
[dice0]

Korvis
10-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Korvis, if you really want to play a Drow, I will allow it. But, you will be leveling up at half the normal rate of the rest of the PCs as Drows are rather powerful and as a result level up slower. If you want to do a Half Drow, you can, but, you will only receive the racial abilities of a normal half elf

nope. slower leveling.

::Edit::
wait... was he saying the leveling of a FULL BLOODED drow is slower? i think i misunderstood. :o well that makes me happy, now i can be a half-drow.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Using your good judgement you decide on a direction. Do you trust yourself enough to follow your intuition?

Tune
10-20-2011, 03:40 AM
(-sniffle- Please do, I don't want to die! XD)

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
(Welcome to the party Naz!)

Torvah decides to trust his intuition and heads towards what he truly believes to be the rest of the melee.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 03:50 AM
After a few seconds of running the mists part before Torvah, and he sees two lizard men -- one hurt and kneeling, and the other towering over the elven girl Eccawen. He must decide whether to finish off the already hurt lizard man, and finally put to rest his potential threat to others, or come to the aid of the badly injured maiden.

Tune
10-20-2011, 03:54 AM
(Be Eccawen's hero! (s_evil) I want to behead the other lizard to take out Eccawen's frustrations before collapsing from the pain. But it's your choice, dude ^^)

Korvis
10-20-2011, 04:08 AM
or not?

Tune
10-20-2011, 04:09 AM
Patience is a virtue ^^ Remember, he's a Druid.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 04:11 AM
so true! my apologies :D

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Surveying the grizly scene before him, Torvah notices that only one of the lizards is injured, as it the elven girl. He could try to finish off the injured one, but if he doesn't then the girl will not last much longer and her eternal life will be cut dreadfully short, espcially with the other lizardman visibly uninjured. He decides that the best thing to do would be to heal the girl and even the odds. It would use the only healing spell he had prepared at the moment, but it didn't seem he had much choice in the matter. Rushing to the side of the distressed girl he takes a defensive position between her and the uninjured lizardman and, laying his hand on her shoulder, he begins to intone the words of the spell.

"By Obad-Hai's blessings', I grant unto you the healing power of the wilds. As the earth regenerates herself from the damage man inflicts, so too must your wounds close and heal."

Casting Cure Light Wounds - 1d6 (Casting Time: 5)
[dice0]

Initative - Next Round
[dice1]

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 04:15 AM
(My bad, the spell is 1d8.... whoops...... Reroll, just in case use whichever one you feel works best.)

Casting Cure Light Wounds - 1d8 (Casting Time: 5)
[dice0]

(Ummmm..... yeah, lets use the first one ;) )

Tune
10-20-2011, 04:17 AM
Well, if my rolls are lucky, 3 HP would be all I need to even the score.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Round 5 Initiative Order: Lizard Men (3), Eccawen (6), Torvah (9).

The kneeling lizard man test his leg before kneeling once again -- he is still rooted to his one position. He takes up his second short sword, however, and takes a defensive position.

His comrade rears up at the intruding human who stepped between him and his meal. He swings at the partially turned druid.

Lizard man #3 Attacks Torvah.
[dice0].

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard Men Initiative Round 6, +1 penalty.
[dice2]

Edit: I didn't notice what die you used, so go with the 3. I already marked it on my roster sheet.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 04:20 AM
(And with the 2 hp damage from earlier, I believe I am solidly at 0)

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Torvah is down to 0 hit points. It is now Eccawen's turn. She is at 4 hit points.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 04:28 AM
"AAAAAGGGGHHH!!!" Torvah... watching the young girl's wounds, begin to knit and close, was caught off guard as the lizardman brought the wicked club down upon his chest. The shock of the blow hitting resoundly against his flesh stunned him as he fell to the ground. He did not know how much damage the wound had done, but he felt his strength and life ebbing out of him... even if the wound didn't kill him, he knew he was in urgent need of medical care. He could barely breathe and felt as if his ribs we little more than powder, and he felt certain that something had broken off and punctured a lung... the pain was mind blowing. His mind was hazy from the pain and it took all his strength not to wimper or cry out, he would at least die with some dignity if it was truly his time to go. The last thought he had before the darkness embraced his mind, was of the lizardman shaman. Perhaps this made them even, the score was settled. An eye for an eye, a life for a life. And then there was nothing.....

(Do I get some sort of stabalization or heal roll, or do I just bleed out unless I'm stabbed or someone heals me?)

Tune
10-20-2011, 04:30 AM
If the casting is immediate, Eccawen should be up to 4 HP, enough to take them both on. Though I am wondering if I could attack both in one turn? If I did, that would leave me vulnerable for an attack from the other.

Struggling to regain her strength, Eccawen muttered a 'thank you' to the helpful human that came to her aid. She wasn't strong enough to keep the Drow alive, but she vowed to avenge the fallen and honor the man that healed her wounds. Scowling, she aimed for the Lizard Man's neck that almost bludgeoned her too death; a couple seconds later, she attempted to stab the lizard scum in the gut.

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To-Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Initiative Roll Round 5
[dice4]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 04:37 AM
None of Eccawen's steel touches flesh -- the lizard man easily side steps the elven girl, his focus now on the fresh warm meat that lays at his feet.

Initiative Order Round 6: Eccawen (2), Lizard Men (8).

Tune
10-20-2011, 04:43 AM
"Filthy monster, don't touch him!" Eccawen turned, blades slashing at Lizard's side with her short sword (right hand). Whether the blow landed or not, at this point she didn't care. She stabbed the rapier forward, aiming for the most vulnerable -and largest- flesh source available.

To-Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To Hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Initiative Roll Round 6
[dice4]

Korvis
10-20-2011, 04:46 AM
oh my >.<

Kass watches from hell, in a giant movie-theater-like room, fire blazing upon the walls, and on one wall, the events being shown back in the real world, with a bookie running around screaming about bets...

Kass smiles deviously... "50 gold on the elf!"

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 04:51 AM
The lizard man left himself unguarded for the briefest of moments and caused steel to meet flesh. He hisses in discomfort at the shallow blade marks. He swings wildly with his club at the elven girl.

[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard Men Initiative Round 7, +1 penalty.
[dice2]

Tune
10-20-2011, 04:52 AM
So tired.... I hope I'll be asleep till noon tomorrow (later today) to make up for this late night :lol:

This is a epic battle.... I so want to be ate alive right now XD I don't know who would be first. Eccawen or Torvah.

Edit: The Lizard's To-Hit is 7, so 7 - 7 (my AC) is 0, so that's a miss?

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 04:53 AM
The lizard man, not to be left sitting on his laurels, presses the attack.

[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Lizard Men Initiative Round 8, +1 penalty.
[dice2]

Tune
10-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Edit: The Lizard's To-Hit is 7, so 7 - 7 (my AC) is 0, so that's a miss?

If not, I'll add my attacks to the next post.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Neither of his attacks were a success. He has to roll 12 or higher in order to hit you. 19 (his thac0) - 7 = 12.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 04:58 AM
(If your AC is 7 then they missed you. Depending on their THAC0 they should have to roll somewhere near a 13 to hit you.)

Tune
10-20-2011, 05:03 AM
(s_evil) Lucky this time!

Eccawen had the nerve to laugh in the monster's face. Having gotten the Lizard man's attention, she grinned, slashing with her short sword towards the creature's neck, the rapier aimed upwards in attempt to stab through his gut to his rib cage if successful.

To-Hit:
THAC0 20
Short Sword
[dice0]

Damage:
Short Sword 1d6
[dice1]

To-hit:
THAC0 20
Rapier
[dice2]

Damage:
Rapier 1d6+1
[dice3]

Initiative Roll Round 7
[dice4]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Eccawen's rapier pierces the lizard man's stomach lining, ripping open his belly and spilling his guts.

Morale check on lizard man 3
[dice0]

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 05:11 AM
The lizard man drops his shield to keep his innards from spilling onto the ground, howls at Eccawin, and continues to fight ... to the death if need be.

Lizard man #3 Attacks Eccawin, -2.
[dice0]

2d4 Damage.
[dice1]

Tune
10-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Morale is different than life points, right?

Please say I am right! :/

Edit: Damn... 17-2-7 =8?

I remember you mentioning that he needed a 10 to hit me, but I'm not sure.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Eccawin has been knocked unconscious. This battle draws to a close, the lizards have prevailed.

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Morale is something wholly for monsters. It determines whether they run away or stay and fight. They have a morale score -- if you roll that number or lower on a 2d10 roll then they stay and fight. If you roll higher then they run.

Tune
10-20-2011, 05:16 AM
Well... That totally crushed my fighting spirit.

I have to say, that was EPIC! And tiring. 11 pages just for one practice battle with 3 people vs 4 Lizard people.

FREEDOM!!! :D Good night, everyone! That was super-dee-duperly awesome! After the battle, I think I will take a break from practicing later today... If I can resist the blood shed.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 05:16 AM
damn... lost my gold :D

John
10-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Morale is also used entirely to the DMs discretion. And a large part of my character sheet is done. In fact, its enough to get in on this if I can

Tune
10-20-2011, 05:18 AM
:( I tried, I really tired! I'll win your gold back another time! Pretty sure I might join Kass in Hell for enjoying the battle a little too much. Mendel would be pleased.

:) Eccawen's a tough cookie. I just hope the dice will prevail for me in a real fight.

Edit: Oooo! Looking forward to seeing you in the next battle, Naz. :) G'night all.

Korvis
10-20-2011, 05:21 AM
hehe, its fine ofc. it wasnt real gold anyways, most likely i was gambling portions of my soul, lol...

yes naz, im up for some battling :D

Meinolf
10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
As I was telling Shepherd, you all did an outstanding job. 3 players vs. 4 monsters, and all of the monsters were effectively one level higher (19 thac0, 2d8+1 hit points, good a.c. all round, and shaman had 2nd level priest spells). Y'all actually took 2 out quite fast, and if it wasn't for my lucky rolls during the final act, y'all would probably have finished it all off with a win. Y'all deserve to feel quite pleased with yourselves for doing one hell of a job.

As for you Naz -- I was planning on running another practice run for Anne to get her going. If you can help me with that then you can join her.

John
10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
I don't recommend battling me, though I'm up for it if you are. But I would love it if someone would throw some shit to fight at me. And dear god no carrion crawlers XD

John
10-20-2011, 05:23 AM
As for you Naz -- I was planning on running another practice run for Anne to get her going. If you can help me with that then you can join her.

She's here?

Korvis
10-20-2011, 05:24 AM
oh noes! *doesent know what a carrion crawler is, but finds the sound of it scary*

im up for anything :D

eariler, kass and mendel almost went at it, lol

Tune
10-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Carrion crawlers... Go for the tentacle monster I faced earlier; just give it more tentacles for added spice (s_evil)

John
10-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Carrion Crawler is the tentacle monster XD And I did have a thought, for the actual IC, I'm wondering if it would be better for saving throws to be done in the OOC to make the posts go smoother.

Shepherd
10-20-2011, 05:29 AM
(I'm up for another round if need be. I really enjoyed that fight, even if I did get 1 shotted, lol. I also should have my actual IC post up tis evening as well.)