PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth of the Technowar - OOC

Polo The Weirdo
10-24-2011, 05:55 PM
[((I know how lame this sounds... But trust me, it sounded cooler in my head! :D Maybe we can make it work, even if I suck at typing up plots... :3 I'd really appreciate it if you guys gave it a try!))

Note: 'The Alliance' is the term given to the allied forces of humans who fought against the Drilbots, their rival race, during the great 'Technowar' - an epic battle for control of planet earth, and to prove the superiority of one or other race.

The year is 2325, and the great war of the century has finally come to a bitter end. About 5 years ago, the Alliance suffered an embarrassing defeat, and have fallen slaves to the Drilbots – their sworn enemies – ever since. The war was one both fought and won with brains rather than brawn – technology playing a key role. So important, in fact, that one great invention could bring instant victory to its side… But the Alliance failed to outsmart their enemies, and must now suffer shame and torment because of it – prisoners and slaves to the robot-like creatures they once fought against.
In this dark day, it seemed all hope was lost…
Until one day, a group of ex-Alliance members – rebels – discovered something incredible… Something that could change the fate they had all been forced to accept.
Something that could be the Alliance’s final hope…

In an old, derelict war research facility, some rotten floorboards had given way – sending one of the group plummeting into a secret underground chamber. In this dusty, ancient place – he had found it. The cobwebby, tarnished body of an automata… And clasped in its metal fingers: The note that could change everything.

Dear reader:

If you have found this, it means that the Alliance have lost the war. But don’t give up hope… With this, it is not too late for us to reclaim victory! What you see here is the Alliance’s Critical Exterminator, or ‘ACE’ – my latest, and greatest creation. ACE is a state-of-the-art automata crafted for one sole purpose: To send our enemies howling and crying back into the holes they crawled from!
ACE is our last chance at victory… Within this letter, you will find a microchip. This is the final piece to awaken ACE from his slumber, and unleash him upon the Drilbots. Insert it into his metal heart… And finally our dreams will come true! But there is one last thing-

But the bottom of the note was nothing but a smudge of ink, and the paper was showered with drops of the writer’s blood, leaving the secret untold.

When all hope seems lost, one final risk may replenish it… But if the plan were to backfire…?
The time was ripe for the rebels to decide where to draw the line between courage and stupidity.

Note:
An automata, in this case, is an almost completely human-like robot designed for war. It does the bidding of its master - the one who activates it - without question.
An automata can also activate and command another automata, if its master orders it to do so.

Basically, this is a futuristic, post-war setting. Go nuts with it! Be creative, and have fun. :P

I decided "What the Hell, I'll just throw myself in the deep end and start a public RP" so here we are. :) I know I am terrible at describing plot ideas, but this started out really well on my last site - only it failed, because we didn't have enough committed members. :( Here, I think it could work! :D

You could play a human rebel, an enslaved human, an automata (Must have a human master) or even a drilbot, if you like being the antagonist. :P
I am going to be playing the automata 'Ace', which means I need somebody to volunteer to be his master. This person must be commited, post often, and at least attempt to write reasonably well - since without a master for Ace, the plot basically fails.

Please, please, please help me out with this! :) I think it could be good, and I'm really excited to RP with 'a new crowd'!

Come on, guys! Start throwing ideas at me! XD

*Edit*
Adding Polo's attempt at a character sheet...

Race: (Eg. Automata, Drilbot, Human…)
Occupation: (Humans / Drilbots only) (Eg. Slave, rebel, scientist…)
Type: (Automata only) (Eg. Battle, Medical,)

Name:
Appearance:
History:
Noteworthy accomplishments: (Eg. War medals, scientific discoveries…)
Master: (Automata only)
Subordinate: (Humans / Drilbots only) (Eg. The automata or human under their command)
Weapon of choice: (Eg. Automata, laser, gun…)
Goal: (Eg. Rescue of comrades, defeating the Drilbots…)
Relationships: (Eg. Any previously formed relationships with other characters in the RP, to be discussed with players beforehand.)
Other:

Mary Sue
10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm in for this. :) It's right up my ally.

I'm on all the time if you want me as your partner. Otherwise, I'm flexible for other characters.

Polo The Weirdo
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Fantastic!!! Thanks so much! :D

You are quite welcome to take the role of Ace's master if you want it! ^_^

I hope more people will join! :D

Lerouge
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh this seems pretty amusing. I am considering joining as well. I have a few questions though. What is the state of the planet at this point, like is it developed in the drilbot design or is it ruin, etc? Are all civilians enslaved? What forms of battle with members of the rebels have asides from ACE since it seems like the other rebels will become just background players otherwise?

Polo The Weirdo
10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for that - I always forget the details. XD

Basically, I don't like restricting players. I just lay down the basic plot, and from there you're free to do with it what you will. In my mind, the planet would be in ruin - but with the drilbots slowly shaping it to fit their own needs, if you get what I mean...
Technically, all humans are supposed to be enslaved, but you're welcome to have your character escape Slavery, and then it's your choice what you do with them. Rebel, scientist, whatever. :P
You can come up with any sort of advanced weaponry for your character - and of course, any character can have a battler automata...

Basically, you can make up your own plot for your own character. Give them a special mission, or a special background... Anything. :) It's totally up to you.
So yeah - I'd be relying on you to give your character his or her own special role.

Am I making any sense? XD I'm terrible at this. :P

Mary Sue
10-24-2011, 08:07 PM
So I can lead a Rebel group too?

Polo The Weirdo
10-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Knock yourself out. XD You can do whatever you like. :)

Spread your wings and fly! Be FREE!!! *Gestures dramatically with arms*

Mary Sue
10-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Sweet. You have a character sheet we can use?

Polo The Weirdo
10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Ah, I didn't think of that, either... XD

See the problem with Polo attempting a group RP? So disorganised! *Tuts*

Let me stalk some other RPs to see what character sheets on this site tend to look like, and I shall attempt to conjure one from the empty chasms of my brain. :3

Polo The Weirdo
10-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Here's my attempt at a character sheet... XD

Race: (Eg. Automata, Drilbot, Human…)
Occupation: (Humans / Drilbots only) (Eg. Slave, rebel, scientist…)
Type: (Automata only) (Eg. Battle, Medical,)

Name:
Appearance:
History:
Noteworthy accomplishments: (Eg. War medals, scientific discoveries…)
Master: (Automata only)
Subordinate: (Humans / Drilbots only) (Eg. The automata or human under their command)
Weapon of choice: (Eg. Automata, laser, gun…)
Goal: (Eg. Rescue of comrades, defeating the Drilbots…)
Relationships: (Eg. Any previously formed relationships with other characters in the RP, to be discussed with players beforehand.)
Other:

Mary Sue
10-25-2011, 04:25 AM
Just putting this here now. Will flesh it out later. :)

Race: Human
Type: N/A

Name: Hal Brunswick
Personality: Harsh, cold, and aggressive. He's a survivalist to his core who relies on his wits. He has a temper that is not always easily controlled.
Appearance: http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc338/Jethskarn/anime%20stuff/relaxedcoolanimeguy.jpg

History: Hal is a man with nothing to loose, because he already lost it all. His wife and three children were all slain by drillbots and he has heard nothing from any of his other family members. Since he lost his family, he had been enslaved, escaped, and working to gather rebel forces to overthrow the drillbots.
Noteworthy accomplishments: N/A
Master: N/A
Subordinate: Polo *evil grin*
Weapon of choice:
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j442/albert185/twin_sword.jpg
As well as a pistol, and his fists.

Goal: defeating the Drilbots
Relationships: none
Other:

Polo The Weirdo
10-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks Mary Sue!! :)

Just got to try to recruit some more members, I think - then we can get started... Right? XD *Noob*

The Wulfe
10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm pretty new here myself, Polo, can I get in on this? I could be a part of the rebel alliance that Hal is creating, if that works for you. One question, what are these Drillbots like?

Polo The Weirdo
10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Of course! :D I'd be delighted to have you. At least then I'm not the only noob... XD Haha!

I haven't quite decided what the drilbots are like, yet. I'm thinking they should be vaguely human-like, robotic creatures...

As always, I do not think ahead. *Tut tut*

The Wulfe
10-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Mary Sue, is it alright with you if I'm in your "rebel alliance"? Or we could always meet up later, or what not.

Mary Sue
10-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Sure. :)

The Wulfe
10-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Name: Liz.
Personality: Very brash at times. Trusts and protects very few, but those who do win their way into her trust find it more than worth the effort.
Appearance:
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/184/5/c/fighter_girl_by_crymson99-d3kuz6x.jpg

History:Born just at the start of the war of the century, Liz has known nothing other than war. She is handy with a wrench and knows her way around a battlefield pretty well. She doesn't open up to many, even those who she travels with. The few who she does confide her trust in she will protect to the end of the Earth, as she sees these connections as stronger than gold. Liz is normally very quiet and calculating, and knows her way out of a hard situation. A smaller known fact, Liz is horribly afraid of heights.

Noteworthy accomplishments: Unknown
Weapon of choice:
This is Aecris, Liz' main blade. http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4962/scorpionbymalmida.jpg
And her arm cannon.
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs44/150/f/2009/127/c/9/Prime_Arm_Cannon_by_Rundas45.png

Goal: Liz follows Hal's group of ragtag rebels and their causes, though no one knows why she chooses to stay with them.
Relationships:Has been traveling with Hal.

Polo The Weirdo
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Excellent! :)

Shall we start, or shall we wait for more players? Opinions? :)

The Wulfe
10-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I would offer an opinion, but I have no idea. I'm super duper new. This will be my first RP. Could we progress with just the three of us?

Polo The Weirdo
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I joined on Monday, so I'm pretty new myself. :P Haha!

You know what, I have to sleep now anyway - so I'll leave this until tomorrow - gives more people a chance to join - and I'll start it tomorrow evening. :) Then, hopefully we can recruit more members as the RP goes on...

Right! I have a plan. XD

The Wulfe
10-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I joined on Monday as well! haha. I'll look forward to seeing the fulfillment of this plan. XD

Mary Sue
10-26-2011, 11:08 PM
My profile's done. I know it sucks, but I'm rusty.

Polo The Weirdo
11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey guys - I'm SO sorry about this, but I've just totally run out of free time. :/ As soon as I have some, I'll be sure to contact you - and if you're still keen, I'll start the RP. :)

Again, my sincerest apologies. I didn't expect to get so busy... -_-

Mary Sue
11-02-2011, 07:23 PM
It's cool. :)
I'll bee on standby till you're ready.