PDA

View Full Version : Poison in the Blood

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Tala stood on the hiltop, looking down at the small town below. It sat in a little bowl, mountains all sides save south, where the grassy hills stretched on for miles, dotted with the occasional small wood. A river cut through the moutains, surrounding the village.

"One bridge in and out -they must live a very simple existance." she murmured to herself, pulling her blue cloak around her at the cool wind. The sun was high in the blue blue sky, it was the perfect sunny day, and this town looked somewhat idealic with its beautiful mix of stone and thatched buildings.

Tala took a sharp intake of breath. "I might as well check here, it looks right."

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Ravener hunched his shoulders as he crossed the bridge, trying to keep from being noticed. The soldiers standing guard looking bored, the mid-day sun shining off of the shining breastplates and putting the bright red crests in sharp relief. The wind picked up and the captain's armored cape fluttered before falling back against him as he shifted. Ravener averted his gaze and tried to be unnoticeable unnoticed as he passed through the gates and into the town.

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Tala had descended most of the hill by now, the bridge in view. She wrapped her coat tightly about her, concealing her arms and face as best she could. She slowly walked down the rest of the hillside, being careful not to stumble least her disguise reveal her true self. Her heart beated faster as she walked past the guards, as it always did, for being discovered could be a nasty buisness - and for all she knew, this town could be harbouring a Black Thorn or two.

But by the looks of it, this town would not have many, or maybe none at all. It was so isolated, it didn't seem the type of place too. If there had been her kind born here, maybe they wouldn't deal with it so harshly, if news of the methods of most places had not reached here. But Tala knew it was best to stay wary.

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Za'ra walked along a corridor, unhurried as the panting gasps of his prey raced along ahead of him. Silently as a tomb, it was easy to track the young caster. A shadow dropped from the ceiling and landed in a crouch beside him.
"The caster is not far from here, my liege." the figure said.
"Good, I shall remove its perverseness. Now begone."
The figure bowed and moved at a silent sprint away from him.
Listening carefully Za'ra paused at a door, and opened it, leaping aside as a gout of flame shot out of the doorway. Leaping through, he rolled into the room and spotted the caster, it huddling against the wall. It screamed and summoned another gout of flame, which rather then dodging, Za'ra held up his cloaked arms and felt the backwash as his tonfa directed the gout away from him. As the heat shimmer died down, Za'ra leap towards the huddled form and with a sicking crunch, ended the poor caster's existence.

raven
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Kala had only been in town for a few days but had already set up a camp by the river. Well it wasnt really a camp just a shambles of a hut made of twigs and a small fire. she was trying to catch some fish when the captains armour flashed in the midday sun temporarily blinding her so she fell of the rock into the water.

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Tala just finsihed crossing the bridge as there was a loud splash. Her heart skipped a beat, the adrenaline rushing around her blood - had they noticed her? No, one of the villagers had fallen into the river. Or was it a villager? their hourse was obviously makeshift... Tala rushed over to the commotion, trying to catch a glimpse of the person in the water.

raven
01-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Kala surfaced spluttering. She noticed a shadow, looked up and dived back under the water again. Then realised the person staring at her also had the tattoo's and resurfaced, swimming back to shore

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Tala stepped into the shallows, offering the girl her hand out. She didn't mind her cloak had gotten soaked, finding another of her blood was enough for a full-out celebration. Tala looked at the girl with a warm, happy smile, before embracing her in a friendly hug. She had obviously spent many a day looking for others. "Friend!"

raven
01-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Kala was slightly surprised by the sudden hug but she didnt mind, human contact was rare. so she hugged her back. "would you like to stay at my humble abode for a while? I was just getting dinner." she giggled.

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Ravener moved through the commotion made by the splash, using the opportunity to filch several apples from a cart before slipping into a shadow to enjoy his prize. Eating an apple, he withdrew into an allyway and dropped each seed. Exerting his will, he fed the seeds until they sprung up forming a solid barrier between him and the rest of the town that he could sleep safely in.

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Tala laughed. "Certainly. I'll help you, fishing can be quite calming if you have the time for it." Tala smiled at the girl, retaking in her appearance. "My name is Tala. I've been looking for others like us for such a long name. What is your name, friend?"

raven
01-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Kala fell about in a fit of the giggles. "that's gunna be confusing my name is Kala!"

Zzapper
01-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Za'ra wiped the gore from his tonfa and shook out the sleeves of his ruined cloak. Yet another fire caster down he thought, but I am getting tired of having to replace these blasted cloaks. Striding out of the small room, he followed the corridors until he reached the outside. Pulling his hood forward he strode down the streets towards the guard captain that had summoned him to this place.

RainbowBrigade
01-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Tala laughed along too. "Well while it's just us, there's no problem! I shan't be calling you Tala anytime soon." she smiled and plopper down on a stone, cloaking her body once more to hide her tattoos. "What bait are we using?" she asked, looking out into the river.

raven
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Kala skipped back out over the rocks. "Oh i dont use bait, I just catch them." she crouched own on a rock staring intently at the water.

RainbowBrigade
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Tala nodded. "Ah, that takes quite some skill." she replied, carefully hitching up her skirt and venturing into the shallows. She paused, watching the fish carefully, holding her arms still in the water. Suddenly she lunged for one, missing and falling over. Tala laughed. "Seems like I've got some improving to do!"

raven
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Kala paying no attention whatsoever suddenly darted both hands into the water, bringing them back out of water holding a fair sized fish out of the water. She held it tight untill it stopped struggling, then she threw it to the shore.

RainbowBrigade
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Tala clapped, nodding her head in respect. "Very nice!" she said cheerfully, standing up and walking ashore. I'll gut and cook them, since my fishing skills don't appear to be quite up to standard."

raven
01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Kala giggled before returning to her position, soon catching another fish. "there we go one each." she spoke as she jumped back to shore. skipping over to Tara to gut her fish.

Copacetic_One
01-18-2010, 02:53 AM
Jack walked slowly down the main street, head down, not wanting to be seen. A couple guards passed by and he turned abruptly down an alleyway tugging on his right sleeve, making sure his tattoos were hidden. The guards had been unnaturally active today. Something big was going down. He walked a ways down the alley and then stopped, looking around. Seeing no one, he yanked his right sleeve up, staring at his tattoos with contempt. He was tired of this crap, always running, afraid to just be. He needed to find others like him. That would be the only way he could be safe. Pulling his sleeve back down, Jack made his way to the river. He needed to clear his head, and to do that he would need to take a swim.

Zzapper
01-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Ravener watched the newcomer enter the alleyway, suspicious until the saw the tattoos revealed on the newcomer's forearm. Before he could say anything, the newcomer left. Slipping out of his hideaway, he followed the newcomer through the crowds, eager to gain an ally.

RainbowBrigade
01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Tala gutted and cooked the fish that got thrown ashore, slowly roasting them over the flames. They gave off a delicious aroma, especially since Tala mixed them with some herbs she had been carrying. "Theese will be done soon."

raven
01-28-2010, 08:10 PM
"yup. So where are you from?" Kala was staring hungrily at the fish.

AliceMalice15
01-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Cecil sat high in a tree watching ad two girls sat cooking fish over a fire. She had found them as she was taking a walk. The aroma of cooked fish floated up to her and Cecil frowned hearing her stomach growl loudly. She hadn't eaten in a while and it was getting to her. Cecil sighed and scrambled down from the tree landing quietly on the forest floor. Slowly she approached the girls pulling the sleeves of her outfit up to her elbows to expose her tattoos. If she wanted to eat she was going to have to make friends. As she neared the two girls Cecil smiled and raised her arms in a peaceful gesture.
"Hey," she called warmly,"smells good. Mind if I have one?"

raven
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
"Hey, smells good. Mind if I have one?" Kala looked up sharply as she heard the voice. She saw the tattoos. A grin spread across her face. "Sure! We've got plenty."

AliceMalice15
02-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Cecil smiled happily and sat down next to the two girls. Grabbing a fish she bit into it savoring the cooked meat. When she was done with the fish she licked her lips and sighed.
"So what are you two doing out here," she asked,"there haven't been many travelers around here lately or atleast none that I've seen. Where ya from?"

RainbowBrigade
02-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Tala grinned, helping herself to some fish also, looking between the pair. She hadn't expected to find so many in one place - after all, with the Black Thorns about, it was too dangerous to stay in groups in most towns. "My dreams suggested I'd find others here." she replied, taking another bite.

raven
02-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Kala grabbed the last of the fish. "Well I just felt like going for a wander and ended up here. By the way my name is Kala and this" gesturing at Tala, "is Tala. How confusing is that going to be? So whats your name?"

AliceMalice15
02-03-2010, 11:46 PM
"Kala and Tala," Cecil mused," interesting I'm Cecil. Nice to meetcha. So both of you came put here even with the black thorn about. Strange. I thought I was the only person fool enough to do such a thing. Guess I was wrong! So where are you guys headed next?"
Cecil leaned back on a rock she had pulled from the ground with her magic and relaxed. Though it was true the black thorn were about she'd know as soon as they came her way. She wasn't worried.

RainbowBrigade
02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Tala sighed, obviously downcast by the news. "Ah, I was hoping against hope that this place would be free of Black Thorns." she took a bite of the fish, looking up at the sky and chewing contemplatively. "Still, since there are so many of us, maybe we shall have a chance against them." she smiled at the pair, holding out her hand in greeting to Cecil. "It is nice to have another ally."

Zzapper
02-05-2010, 11:41 PM
After losing the person he was following out of the town, Ravener crouched in the weeds and watched the small group roasting fish. There was no way such a happy group of normal people would welcome him into their fold, that was until one of the group leaned back on a rock that had just appeared. Blinking, Ravener uprooted a small plant and wove it into a boat, using his power to motor the small boat over to the shallows by the group.

Zzapper
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Watching from the ramparts, Za'ra spoke quietly to the captain.
"I took care of your problem for you, now do you have an answer for me?"
The captain mutely shook his head before gesturing out over the wall. "We're sheltered here for the most part, there are going to be more with the powers coming in. Its not like I can strip search everyone who enters this place."
Za'ra followed the wall along for a moment before speaking, "then I suggest you establish a...task force of your own here, rather then calling one in."
The captain bowed his head and left the black thorn on the wall alone.

AliceMalice15
02-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Cecil smiled at Tala and shook her hand warmly. She was right it was good to have allies, but three of them against the black thorn in the area? There was no way and Cecil was going to say so.
"I agree it's good to have allies," she said airily, "but the three of us against all of the black thorn in this forest? There's no way. There's just way to many here. Our nest bet would be to avoid them all together and head off to some town."
Cecil shrugged nonchalantly and stretches like a lazy cat. The last this she was going to do was challenge a large number of black thorn.

RainbowBrigade
02-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Tala finished off her meal, watching the clouds lazily drift across the sky as she thought. "It is such a shame, I had only just got here. Still, it is better to keep moving then to die." Tala looked between the two of her allies, still seeming concerned. "Are you sure there are no more of our brothers or sister in this town? It is important we don't leave anyone behind."

raven
02-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Laughing happily "The more the merrier" finishing of the last of her fish, "so what are we going to do while we are here?"

AliceMalice15
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Cecil perked up when she felt a disturbance in the river nearby. Some one was listening to their conversation! Leaping highe into the air Cecil attacked the evesdroper throwing him to the shore and pinning him to the ground.
"who are you and what do you want," she growled fiercely, " if you're black thorn you picked the wrong day to mess with me."

Zzapper
02-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Giving a strangled cry of surprise, Ravener was bowled over as one of the group pounced on him. Heaving his opponent off of him and into the muck, Ravener twisted his arms and tattoos aglow, bidded the plants to drag the attacker neck deep in the muck. Staying croutched, he growled, "who are ya and why the hell are you attacking me?!"

Zzapper
02-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Za'ra looked out over the lush valley, pondering the captain's stubberoness over the issue. As his gaze drifted along the river, it linger on the small group of miscreants camping by the river, such a waste of talent, he thought. So much more purpose I could grant to their miserable lives, give them power the the judgement to use it well. A pity the captain won't work with me on this... Turning, Za'ra almost missed one hobo leap upon something in the weeds...get thrown off and then vanish as a second person croutched nearby. Making a motion with his hand, a silent shadow appeared next to him. "Observe and track those on the river. They're casters..." Za'ra sneered, his voice ridden with hate.

AliceMalice15
02-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Cecil growled furiously as she used her own magic to untangle herself and bury her attacker neck deep in the ground. When she finally calmed down she realized he has used magic. Cecil sighed and removed the mud from her clothes.
"Well atleast you aren't black thorn," she said rolling her eyes, "the name is Cecil by the way. Sorry for attacking you I just thought you might be black thorn that's all."
Cecil shrugged and brought the man back up out of the ground. She could tell he was probably the sore loser type and would try to pin her or something but she didn't care. He could do whatever he wanted she was not going to fall.

Zzapper
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Ravener yawned. "I'm Ravener," he said, stretching. That being said, he walked across the water to introduce himself to the others.

raven
02-07-2010, 02:32 PM
"Hi. My name is Kala. Sorry but you just missed the food." getting up to great Ravener as she said this.

AliceMalice15
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Cecil followed Ravener over to their little group chuckling at his laid back attitude.
"So Ravener," she sighed, "what brings you out here? Of course you realize the forest is crawling with black thorn? You can barely take a breather in there before you're up and running again."
Cecil chuckled and flopped down on the ground . This was getting interesting! No wonder she'd felt so alive this morning!

Zzapper
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Ravener offered his hand to Kala, glancing at the chuckling Cecil flopping down in the grass and was promptly launched into the river by the grass. Sniggering softly he shook his head, "I ate in town so no worries."

AliceMalice15
02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Cecil burst in to laughter as Ravener launched her into the river again. Definitely a sore loser. Shaking off the water Cecil walked back to the fire becoming completely dry in seconds due to her control over the elements.
"Youre alright," she chuckled punching Ravener lightly in the shoulder, "if you aren't headed anywhere in particular you should come with us. I'm shire we could use someone like you in our little group. How bout it?"
Cecil smiled and stuck her hand out to Ravener. He'd be a good fighter when it came down to it.

Zzapper
02-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Ravener grinned and bowed to Cecil. "I'm flattered and I'd be happy to join you, but I know better the to the hand of one I just tossed in the river." leaning in he whispered, "your ego is showing a tad, so quickly dried with your powers, be careful not to attract attention..."

AliceMalice15
02-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Cecil's smile broadened as she curtsied respectfully at Ravener.
"Touché," she chuckled, "but I'm not so worried. I would know if someone was watching us. That is afterall how I discovered you hiding in the muck. With me even he air is your enemy."
Cecil cocked her head sideways in defiance. If there was one thing you noticed about Cecil it was her air of carelessness and disregard for rules.

Zzapper
02-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Ravener nodded, "fearsome indeed, yet it must burn like there's no tomorrow whenever you use it..." Flopping down Ravener closed his eyes and basked contentedly in the warm sun.

Unknown to the small ground, one shadowy figure with skills much beyond Ravener's basic ones sat hidden in a tree, listening and watching all the group did, making careful note of which used what powers...

raven
02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Roling over onto her back Kala smiled, "So, what are we going to do?"

AliceMalice15
02-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Cecil shrugged and flopped back down in the grass giving a small smirk to Ravener as she did so.
"Plenty of places to go," she sighed, "we could head north and visit Mairéad or go south to Shuileabháin. Which ever you please. Either way I have no doubt we'll run in to plenty of black thorn members on the way."
Cecil chuckled and plucked a blade of grass which placed between her thumbs to make a whistle.

Zzapper
02-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Ravener wiggled his finger and the blade of grass wrapped about Cecil's finger. "I was supposed to meet up with a pyro, but the person never showed, might mean it would be better to move along before someone starts tracking us."

AliceMalice15
02-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Cecil chuckled giving Ravener a smirk and ruffling his hair teasingly with air.
"I agree," she said yawing lazy, "besides it will be dark soon and the trip becomes even more dangerous at night. So where should we go? Kala? Tala? It's your choice I couldn't careless."
Cecil stoodand stretched her legs. If they were going to get anywhere they were going to have to do alot of walking and fighting. Great.

toxias
02-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Aliante Zylin was usually a calm individual, full of intelligence way beyond her shown years. Her eyes always glimmered with the depths of knowledge. But today they twinkled with joy as well, the simple exuberance of being alive. This was something Aliante knew that she would not ever wish to give up, no matter how many times she went through death.

And today, life was just fine. And the usually serious young girl couldn’t help it. Aliante skipped towards the setting sun, although darkness was dangerous to everyone alive, marked or not. She had no reason to fear, safe inside a small town. She had not revealed her tattoos yet, nor her powers. For the time being, she was undiscovered. But it wouldn’t be long until people started noticing her. She was too young to be out of the streets alone…at least in appearance.

I need to find others. Aliante thought. She scuffed the earth with her foot, and then suddenly her senses all tingled. In this form, she was sensitive to the composition of the bodies around her, an extension of her power. And there they were, all clustered around a small fire on the river bank, the faint scent of a meal almost completed hanging in the air. Aliante stopped and observed them for a moment. All older than her. All probably more careful than her as well. But they would be able to provide her the cover that she sought. A wry smile twisted Aliante’s usually sweet face. Brothers and sisters, hmm?

Well there was nothing for it. There were advantages of being in such a young body. One of them was innocence. It was hard to doubt Aliante, which was exactly what she wanted, “Hi! May I join you?”

Perhaps the words were a little too formal for her age, but they would suffice. Aliante stepped a few feet closer, running her eyes over the small group. They were marked, no doubt about it. Now to see how they reacted.

Sorry for the delay in my first post. Also, is there a collective name for those with magic? I used “marked” but I’m thinking that’s not it. -.-‘

AliceMalice15
02-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Cecil was the first to sense the new girl and had turned in her dorection long before she had actually arrived. Cecil blinked at the apperance of the new girl. She looked young but something in her voice spoke of a wisdom beyond that of her current apperance.
"Sure," Cecil said cautiously, "but I have to ask what is a magic caster such as yourself doing out here? It's quite dangerous even with your obvious wisdom."
Cecil looked the girl over several times before sitting calmly by the fire and motioning for her to do the same.

Zzapper
02-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Falling into a crouch, Ravener peered at the newcomer. "Now who is this? Are you the pyro I was supposed to meet today?" he asked, slowly inching away from the others into a flanking position to this newcomer.

AliceMalice15
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
"I don't think so Rav," Cecil said cautiously, "if it is she lied to you. She isn't just a pyro. You think she just happened upon us? Think again she sensed us."
Cecil stood and walked to stand in a relaxed defensive position on the other side of the girl.
"So who are you," Cecil asked, "a liar or a friend?"

toxias
02-12-2010, 11:07 PM
They were wary. Cautious. Good. That meant they were on guard. Even Aliante’s little girl guise hadn’t gotten past their defenses. They would probably last a while in this world before being reincarnated.

At their words, Aliante smiled, still unable to help some of her younger personality shine through, “As your friend says, I am not a pyro.”

Aliante moved her head ever so slightly to keep the girl within her line of sight. Just because they were fellow Casters didn’t mean that they were friendly. Aliante pulled up the sleeve of one of arms, revealing a tattoo that swirled around her wrist in clean, elegant lines, “I can tell you that I am not a liar, but that is for you to decide, no? My name is Aliante.”

Again, more rather archaic speech from the young girl, but there was little helping the clash of two different personalities.

AliceMalice15
02-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Cecil bowed extending her leg in a way that showed she too had been around for her share of time.
"I am Cecil," she said resuming her relaxed defensive stance, "I can only say that I cannot prove that you are a liar and if you are lying you beleive you lie, but if you wish to join us you may. We are not hostile to our own kind in any way, but we would like to be certain that your intentions do not disagree with ours."
Cecil raised her own sleeves in a small show of trust and nodded for Ravener to do the same.

raven
02-13-2010, 07:12 PM
"Ahhhh Ravener that so cool!"

AliceMalice15
02-13-2010, 08:17 PM
((Eh? What is cool??))

Zzapper
02-14-2010, 03:46 AM
*has no idea xp*
Ravener dropped his hood and raised his head up, baring his nec and revealing the tattoos that swirled down his neck from his cheek to the newcomer. "So if you aren't a pyro, what are you then?" he asked, looking evenly at the Aliante and pulling his hood back over his head. "And does that sensing bit of yours work on normal people too? Might help staying away from the Black Thorns..."

toxias
02-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Aliante dipped her head lightly in acknowledgement of what Cecil said, although the grave effect was rather ruined by another bright smile. As Aliante looked slightly upwards to see the other person’s tattoos, she answered his question, “My power allows me to sense the physical composition of people, but not their allegiance. I can tell is someone is a caster, if someone is sick, but beyond that, no.”

Aliante deliberately evaded the first question. They were welcoming her, but not that welcome. Until they earned her trust, or she earned theirs, she would be careful about what she revealed. Unless he was interested in letting her know what power he wielded, she wasn’t going to give him full details of hers. For all he knew, the effect described was her power, and she had no other skills.

Zzapper
02-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Ravener straightened up some. "Huh...so you're a sensor short stuff," he said, flopping back in the grass. "Maybe we can use you to make some money or something," Ravener mused. "Run you about and pick out sick nobels we can spirit off for ransome."
Rolling over he placed he palm flat to the ground and a few seconds later plucked a large berry from the newly sprouted bush. "Care for a bite?" he asked offering it to Aliante.

AliceMalice15
02-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Cecil chuckled and made a blade if grass tickle Raverner's ear before sitting down and crossing her legs.
"Uh no Rav," she chuckled, "that would not be a good idea. So Aliante was it? We were just deciding where to go. Do you have a preference?"
Cecil smiled up at the girl. She was glad she wasn't the only older person in the group, but she wasn't yet sure if she was the oldest. Fifty-seven years was pretty old for a caster.

toxias
02-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Aliante wasn’t sure whether she should be offended or not by the name “short stuff”. When on lived as long as Aliante, there was always a question of if one gained more arrogance or patience. But for the time being, Aliante simply stuck out her tongue (childish, again) at Rav. However, the effect was rather spoiled as Aliante plucked the berry out of his hand and thanked him. There was no point in antagonizing the people she’d probably end up depending on. She was warming up to the group though, although a Caster always had to be on guard. It had ever been that way.

Eating the berry neatly, Aliante nodded, confirming her name as she replied, “No preference on where we go in particular, but I would like it if we stayed out of larger cities.”

Larger cities meant that the Casters could hide more easily, but it also meant more people to catch a glimpse of one of their tattoos, to catch a Caster in action. No, it was much safer to remain in small towns. Or at least, theoretically.

Zzapper
02-17-2010, 04:20 AM
Ravener snorted and pitched another berry at Cecil. "I'm fine with whatever...just...we run across Black Thorns I'm killing them, no questions," he added darkly, before turning over and hiding his face under his hood.

AliceMalice15
02-17-2010, 06:11 AM
"Aww don't pout," Cecil giggled catching the berry in her mouth, "you'll get your chance. We just need to keep a low profile for now. You'll learn this stuff as you grow older. Trust me I should know."
Cecil stood again and stretched her back. Time to get moving I'd they we're going anywhere. Seeing as they wanted to stay in a smaller town they would need tinhead south. Maybe they would find more of their kind that way too. Who knew?

raven
02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
"Awww man. Do we have to kill them. I hate that." Frowning unhappily at the thought.

toxias
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
A small frown graced Aliante's face as she listened to her fellow caster's speak. Her eyes drifted towards another Caster, one that had not bothered to introduce herself to Aliante. Hmm...

Aliante cast off her inclination towards childishness as she spoke "Black Thorns will show you no mercy. I do not believe in hunting them down, but I also do not believe in leaving them alive. Do you truely think that if we run into a Black Thorn, he will not do his best to strips us of our lives? Perhaps we may come back to live again, but it is a pitiful existance to say the least."

This little lecture of sorts was probably the most Aliante had spoken since meeting the other casters, and it certainly seemed strange coming from the mouth of a young girl.

AliceMalice15
02-18-2010, 01:44 AM
"Now Aliante," Cecil said her tone growing slightly threatening, "if there is one thing that I will not tolerate it's looking down on the opinions of those who are less experienced. Kala I understand your unwillingness to kill the black thorn, but Aliante did have a point. The black thorn will stop at nothing to destroy our kind. We must put our inabitions behind us and do everything we can to survive. We'll head south to Shuileabháin. It's smaller than Mairèad and it will take less time to get there than if we headed north. If we leave now we can get there before sundown. Shall we het going?"
Cecil turned and began walking south in the direction of Shuileabháin. Shuileabháin the place she never thought she'd ever be returning to.

Zzapper
02-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Ravener rolled to his feet and continued to brood, following Cecil as she left the small clearing. Glacing up at a small rustle, Ravener expected to see a small woodsland creature fleeing their intrusion and was perplexed to see a shadowy figure rapidly moving away from them. As the black clad form dropped from the tree tops and moved towards the walled town, Ravener put two and two together.
"I don't think our little gathering here went unnoticed...and i know what happened to my pyro...and what will happen to us if we don't move, now!"
The last was spoken with the sharp tone of panic underlying it, laced with an adrinaline fueled energy. "The Black Thorns know our faces now...We better run..." he added, not wanting to drag anyone else into his vendettas.

raven
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
"I supose..." rather downcast now, "I also agree with Ravener, time to go!"

toxias
02-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Aliante contemplated a sharp response, but her natural personality and ability for great tolerance won out. So instead of a retort, Aliante simply shrugged the comment off and said softly, “Forgive me if I appear condescending.”

Aliante’s seriousness dropped; she opened her mouth to ask where the small group would be going when she heard exactly what Rav had heard. Aliante appeared to be unaffected and uninterested in the shadow, but she didn’t follow the others. Instead she spoke up again, casting an unreadable glance at Rav, “We need not move with frantic haste if we catch the Black Thorn. He is but one, and we are many. His weapon will not be able to block all of our powers. Perhaps he will be missed, but it will buy us more time. And it will be one Black Thorn less to hunt out our brothers and sisters.”

AliceMalice15
02-20-2010, 08:30 PM
"True it would but I prefer to leave as little to chance as possible," Cecil said seriously, "there us a chance that since he now knows our powers he'll bring others who can combat our powers. No our best chance is to go now and avoid a comfrontation."
Cecil looked around in the surrounding woods and added.
"Also," she sighed, "we'll need to find safer places to talk. For now let's just go. The best thing for us to do is to leave and get as far from here as possible."
With that Cecil turned and contined I'm the direcition of Shuileabhàin. Great now the blackthorn knew about them.

raven
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
"Hey cecil! They dont know all our powers, just yours and Raveners" Grinning.

AliceMalice15
02-20-2010, 09:49 PM
"True," Cecil said scratching her head, "still we should get going... Unless that is you'd like to stay? I would not advise that. If we stay touch long and have a confrontation they'll learn all of our powers and then send out bounties on us. We'll be sitting ducks."
Cecil shook her head and continued walking never breaking pace and never turnig around.
"We will continue to Shuileabhàin," she sighed, "anyone else want me to tell you it's a bad idea to stay or do we get it now?"

Zzapper
02-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Ravener shrugged, "let's just keep it simple and leave. Could be more then one Black Thorn...."

Sorry, guys, life is picking back up and I don't have much time for rp anymore :/

toxias
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Aliante could have rolled her eyes. Now she remembered some of the problems of traveling with a group, but that was hard to avoid. It was too late to chase the Black Thorn now. Had they killed him while he was alone, that would have been the end of the story. No one would have seen their powers, and there would be one less enemy to deal with. But he would have traveled too far by now. There was nothing else to it.

Aliante bit back a retort and followed Cecil without a word. It made her slightly nervous to not deal with the Black Thorns, but she wasn't going to charge into danger. Besides, if they were lucky and moved fast enough, perhaps the Black Thron wouldn't be able to find them. Although, that was alwyas doubtful...

AliceMalice15
02-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Cecil sighed and gave herself a mental head slap. She had forgotten how nieve younger casters could be. Sighing she continued to walk using her powers to sense anything and everything that moved within a certain radius.
"We'll head to Shuileabhàin and stay there for the night," she sighed, "in the morning we can head east towards Murkholm. It's a rough town, but I know some people there who can help us keep hidden from the blackthorn. It's better to be overly cautious than dead."
Cecil took a deep breath and closed her eyes to relax he slightly frayed nerves. If she was going to teach the young casters anything she was going to need all the patience in the world.

raven
02-26-2010, 09:36 PM
"how far away is it anyway? I've been traveling loads recently and im really tired." sighing as she picked her self up to go.

AliceMalice15
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
"About half a days walk," Cecil shrugged nonchalantly, "we'll get there a few hours before sunset. Either way it shouldn't be difficult for you if you've been traveling alot. We can stay there until tomorrow evening, then we'll move on to Murkholm and meet up with my friend. We'll be able to slow down on traveling after that. I just hope he's in town when we get there. He travels sometimes and it's impossible to track him. I would know."
Cecil sighed and lept up swinging lightly onto a branch and continuing to swin through the trees like a monkey.

raven
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Kala giggled as Cecil decided to be a monkey, swinging through the trees,"Heh, I wish I was that agile." desperatly jumping up trying to grab hold of a branch, not doing to well.

AliceMalice15
03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Suddenly Cecil swung down and grabbed Kala by the arms and swinging her into the trees.
"Come on," she giggled, "I'll show you how to do it. It doesn't take much efort once your in the trees."
Cecil lept to another branch and swung to another. Then she turned back to Kala and smiled.
"Just grab a branch and swing," she giggled, "Just make sure you have another one to land on. Otherwise you fall to the ground not far below. Neither is horrible, but no one likes to fall on their butt."
Cecil swung to another limb and beckoned Kala to follow. Then she swung around a branch in a complete circle like a gymnast.

toxias
03-02-2010, 02:45 AM
Aliante wasn't sure what to think of Cecil's already formed plan. It seemed natural for her to take charge, but once again, Aliante's age-given arrogance reared its ugly head. But Aliante was able to force it down, a small smile lighting her face as she watched Cecil and the other girl swing from branch to branch. Aliante's dignity, however much of it anyways, didn't allow her to join them. But enough of her childish form effected her that she wasn't treating the pair with disdain.

raven
03-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Kala gave a small skreech as she was pulled up into the trees. She held onto the branch with all her might. This was going to be difficult. She let go with one hand and reached out for another branch, she grabbed it and let go of the first branch. She deffinetly wasn't as gracefull as Cecil but it would do. *Snap* Kala had grabbed onto a branch that was just a little to weak, she tummbled to the ground, land hard on her bum. "Owwww, your right landing on your bum isn't great."

AliceMalice15
03-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Cecil laughed and swung down to hang upside down infront of Kala poking her gently in the nose.
"Nope," she giggled, "that's why I said it. Wanna try again? Or are you done for today?"
Cecil giggled and swung back up into the trees whistling merrily as she did so. Traveling was such fun!

raven
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Kala scrambled back up. "I think I'll give it a break monkey girl" laughing as she watched her.