PDA

View Full Version : The Summoner... {Govannon / Mingnon} [R]

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Rated R for Sexual Themes, as well as the possibility of violence and language.

Kiru was eager to become a powerful magician. She wanted to become one as soon as possible, and by any means neccessary. That meant methods that would be considered questionable to those who have known her or not.

It was currently evening time, when the other students would be doing late-night things, while it was getting close to curfew. Not that Kiru minded; while her roommate was gone (leaving her without one at all to the distress of headministers), she would focus her time on making a summoning circle, one that would summon a powerful demon, she was told.

For the circle, she mainly relied on quick-dry nail polish which she hoped would best resemble blood. She drew it according to a pattern in the book that laid open on that page, for reference.

Finally, having finished with the remaining touches on the circle, Kiru stood up, and stretched a bit, looking over the job so far. Now she was ready...

Stepping into the center of the circle, Kiru began to hold her arms out in front of her, right before beginning her incantation. She began the ominous chant with closed eyes, though she would notice that her hair and clothes were floating as a result... So far so good.

But then, the unexpected happened; black chains came lashing out of the circle as they then began to go around her, forcing her to her knees. What was going on!? Was this supposed to be part of the spell!?

Govannon
01-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Amateur.

It was pretty obvious that whoever it was that was trying to summon him had no idea what in the hell they were doing. What was that, lipstick? no, nail polish? True, human blood was generally reserved for more sinister and complex rituals, but Abbadon had always kinda hoped that he would be rated highly enough for it. Besides the lamentable choice of medium, there was only one layer of protection on the circle, most standard rituals used four, and anything less than three was more or less insulting. Despite the obvious flaws in it execution however, Abbadon was still worried. There was power here, a power great enough to make a circle this weak actually hold enough of a charge to contain him, and that shouldn't be possible.

It was to Abbadon's great surprise then when he discovered that the mortal summoning him was a mere child. There was nothing he could do to her, of course, as long as she remained inside the circle it's magic forbade him from leaving her presence or causing her any harm. In fact, all he could do now was either try to scare her out of the circle or to talk about to the terms of the contract she would inevitably offer him.

He elected to try for the first option, there was no pride in being bound to a pup so weak that she would lose her senses and flee at the first sense of trouble after all. Black chains erupted out of the summoning circle, dragging her down to the floor of the room. They couldn't really do anything more than that, but the girl didn't know that, now did she? For his part, Abbadon appeared in a pillar of flame and shadow that died around his feet as he stepped out of it. It was all showmanship, really, but the important thing here was awe. "I am Abbadon, one of the Blades of Hell. Who dares to summon me?"

<OOC> I made us an OOC thread. http://role-player.net/forum/subscription.php?do=doaddsubscription&threadid=2187

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Just as she was confused by what was going on, she was shocked to see a pillar of flames erupt before her. If she wasn't being tied down by the chains, she would of been startled out of the circle she was in. Though the demon that introduced himself... One of the... Blades of Hell, it said...? That certainly sounded fearsome. Maybe he would do... if only she could just collect herself!

She tried to shake off the obvious fear that showed on her face, before she cleared her throat and introduced herself. "Kiru... the Great, as I will be called some day in the future." She tried to make herself sound bold as she possibly could, though whether it would work out not is out of her control...

Govannon
01-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Amateur.

This time however, Abbadon was chiding himself for his own idiocy. She had strained at the chains, and the chains had kept her steady. "Y'know, You really should have seen this one coming Ab. How in His infernal name is she going to run when you've tied her down?" It was a very good question, and one that Abbadon really wished he had thought to ask himself before he decided to attempt this little flash and operation of his.

There wasn't any point in releasing the chains now. It would be seen as a sign of weakness, and his big flashy entrance had already been wasted. There weren't any do-overs in a summoning, not for either side. Now his only chance at getting out easily would be to convince the girl that he was beyond her grasp.

"Kiru the Great, eh?" Abbadon bent down in front of Kiru, his face scant inches away from hers, separated only by the width of the accursed circle. "High talk from one making pentacles out of nail polish." He paused for a moment to look down at the substance in question. "Well then, why is it that you've decided to bring me here today?"

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
She blinked as he came down to her, his face only inches from hers. Though when she blushed, it was mainly to his reference to the substance he used on her. "Oh shush...! I have summoned you here on behalf of a proposition I am going to make... I am trying to take over the very school that we are both in now, in the girls' dorms no less. If you successfully aid me, then you may take whatever share of the spoils we gain, preferrably a maximum of half of that. Does that sound reasonable to you..?" She asked.

Govannon
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM
She really didn't have any idea just how big this was did she? Swords were never summoned, not by anything less than a team of wizards and witches trying to turn the tide of a war, and she did it just to take over a school? Still though, even if it would be easy it would be entertaining. Abbadon's biggest question was why exactly she was asking him anything. He couldn't take anything back to the pit with him, and his role in these proceedings was effectively to rubber stamp. Demons weren't supposed to exist outside of hell, whenever they did it was simply because a human dragged them from their home and put them into servitude.

It could be worse though, at least taking down a school would be fun.

"You are asking me? I have been summoned here by you, the terms of my contract are yours to dictate. I was merely interested in what exactly your intent was." Letting out a deep breath, Abbadon prepared to ask his next question. He was really rather nervous about this one. "You have me here, all that remains is to finalize the contract. I trust that you know how to do that?"

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Her eyes widened in shock. Finalize the contract...? How in blazes was she supposed to know!? She could check the book to see how to do that, but then again, it was just out of her reach, due to the chains and all. With that, in fustration she pushed her face towards his, though her face was now just outside the circle, which may or may not be so fortunate for her.

"How was I supposed to know!? I didn't read a passage that told me about that! Since when was 'finalizing' so important anywa--"

Govannon
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
She had leaned forward out of the circle. "How was I supposed to know!? I didn't read a passage that told me about that! Since when was 'finalizing' so important anywa--" "Finalizing a contract is the most important part. " Abbadon cut off her little speech. She really was a novice, this one, but it could be interesting nonetheless. "Think of it as a signature. Human contracts are just about worthless in the real world, unless you get a signature, demons' are worthless without a finalization. It's simple really, all you need is either a blood sacrifice, or direct, skin to skin, contact."

With that, Abbadon leaned forward the remaining fraction of an inch and kissed her. It wasn't long, it had no need to be, the job was done the second his lips had touched hers. "There we go. That wasn't so bad, now was it? Just for future reference though, shaking hands works just as well, or sacrificed a goat, but that gets a little messy."

The chains holding Kiru to the ground unwrapped and snaked back to where Abbadon was standing before disappearing into the bottom of his feet. At the same time a shadowy pattern of links appeared around Abbadon's neck, just under the collar line. A mark of servitude.

"Well then, Mistress, what is the name of this school you so desperately want to take down then?"

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Kiru's eyes widened a bit as he... a demon who she heard would usually prefer guys (though that was a result of reading too many of the other girls' books about them), kissed her on the lips. And as soon as it happened, it was over.

She had no real time to think over what happened though, as the chains that bound her down released her, as she quickly got to her feet to stretch a bit, before returning her attention to her newly contracted demon. Asked about the school she wanted to take over, she could only give off a smirk.

"Well, if you wish to know, this is the Albergenon Academy of Gifted Youths."

Govannon
01-18-2010, 09:39 AM
The Albergenon Academy of Gifted Youths? Why did that sound familiar? It wasn't that he had been here before, or had he? Then, the penny dropped and Abbadon's stomach dropped with it. "This isn't going to be as easy as you think." He walked over the the window, touching the mantle with his bare hand. There it was, the old castle, laid out before him. It looked much better at peace, and it seemed as though the caretakers hadn't let it deteriorate over the years. Still though, a school? Perhaps it made sense. The place was charged with magic anyways.

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 09:43 AM
"And why would you say that? Have you been here before...?" She walked over to him, though she was more interested in him than the outside, dull as it was. Plus the teachers and caretakers were strict with the place... don't touch this, don't meddle with that...

Tight-wads...

Govannon
01-18-2010, 09:53 AM
"It was my home for a number of years. Although this was long ago." He supposed that telling her everything might make this a little easier. "Back then, this wasn't a school, it was called Albergenon Castle. The rulers of this land sat here in times of peace, and it became a crucial aspect when the war came. I really don't know what you humans call it, or even when exactly it was, but it would have been a large conflict, long ago. It was seen as something of a last refuge, and all of the political and economic leaders came to stay here when the fighting got bad. I was summoned up to help defend it until the war was over."

"To make a long story short, I saw some of the things that they did to secure this place against attack, but that wouldn't even compare to what I didn't see them do." He paused briefly before continuing "This is a building that was designed to defend against armies, and it managed to last for at least as long as I was there."

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
The whole time she listened, she had her arms crossed and one brow quirked up. "Interesting story... but how would all that compare to how difficult taking the place over's going to be... aside from design and all that...? Plus we're inside the place itself..."

Govannon
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
"Alright, I feel the need to ask this, how long have you been studying here? Honestly." Abbadon was beginning to get the feeling that making the contract with this girl instead of just ripping her out of the circle by the lips when he had the chance might have been a mistake. "Note to self, don't base any decisions on the raw power of the summoner."

"Magic is a funny thing. Yes, many of the defences are in place at the front gate, but even something as simple as blink can get you through the majority of them, provided you're strong enough, and that doesn't even touch the long range teleport spells. The castle is defended inside just as well as out. The second that you decide to take any offensive action against the castle, it will simply start up and we'll be at the mercy of the castle. The fact that you're still alive after even talking about this means that the system is asleep, but I can promise you that it will wake up if we try to start anything."

"Here, let me show it to you." This might have been slightly over the top, but the girl needed to appreciate the severity of their problem. Grabbing Kiru's hand, he placed it onto the mantle he was touching. "I trust that you know how to detect magic?" It was one of the most basic spells possible, many mages even knew it without any formal teaching. "That blue-ish vibe, that's just the aura around this place, the magical leftovers from all the battles and lessons that this place has seen. Look at it closely, sift through the blue, look for a red strand, it will be small. Let me know when you find it."

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
"Around... say, four years at most... added by a couple months, give or take some days..." Even that long should be be enough to drive a sane (as she was) person mad with insanity. And although she had that long to begin going into the intermediate spells, she wasn't the most patient person in the school, even given the faculty...

Then, she felt him take her hand and place it on where the window was. Sighing a bit, she closed her eyes... Then she could see a blue aura on the walls. Then, as she was told, she began to search through the aura, until she came across something faint and red... "I found it..."

Govannon
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
"Good. That thread is the problem. Without that thread this castle would be nothing more that a pile of stones and, despite it's size, I could conquer it within hours. Nobody here would be able to call up anything that could beat me without any prior notice, not in the amount of time I would give them. But that thread, that thread is a demon."

"It was once one of the Swords, just as I am now, and during the war it was brought here, just as I was. The difference is that while I was tasked with defending the castle directly, they had a different idea in mind for this poor bastard. The bound him to the castle itself, made some bricks and a flag into both his home and his master, and as long as it stands, he must remain within the walls and defend it. That demon is what makes the castle smart, and dangerous."

"I've seen it in action a couple times, back when something slipped past our defences. Demon power and speed combined with magicians traps and wards, it is not an enemy that we can defeat on our own, especially with you in your current state."

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 10:34 AM
"...So you're suggesting that I need more training..." Yeah right, with the teachers giving unbearable snide remarks every few seconds... "And more allies..." And how would she convince them? 'Hey, I summoned a demon and I wanna take over the castle'. "...If we're going to stand a chance here?"

Govannon
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
"That would be my recommendation, yes. I can tell you what I know about combat and magic, Although, I cannot truly teach you any human skills, and if you do manage to get more allies I can unquestionably make a better summoning circle than most demons can break quickly."

Despite his best efforts, Abbadon was actually getting rather excited about this whole prospect. Taking down the fortress he used to call home, getting allies, conquest, battle, training. It seemed as though this little sojourn to earth might be entertaining after all.

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 10:58 AM
"Hm... then I suppose we should start making plans. We have very little to go on, and plus..." She looked over to check the clock. "It's getting close to curfew..." She muttered under her breath with a tint of disgust. It was that time when the monitors would go around, checking to see whoever was still up around that time...

Govannon
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
"Curfew?" It was a word that Abbadon was unfamiliar with, but it didn't truly matter. He knew what a school was, and he knew that unless he wanted to simply be sitting cooped up in Kiru's room until the attack started, there were steps that he needed to take.

Turning away from Kiru and back towards the window, Abbadon summoned up a black longcoat from out of his shadow. It was hardly subtle, but it did hide his wings and tail well. "I apologize mistress, but I have to ask if you can remain awake until I return. If you were to fall asleep while I'm out it would cause me some rather serious problems." Without waiting for a response, he promptly jumped out of the tower window and fell quickly to the ground below.

The height of the drop was significant, but wasn't anything that Abbadon hadn't done before. As his feet hit the ground, the demon simply sent a pulse of shadows running up his legs and where his body stopped, the pulse didn't, continuing far further into the air. The physics behind this were fairly simple, sending a large force over a larger distance will lessen the effects on any given part of the system. Abbadon had channelled the force from his impact into the ground into the plume of shadow that was only now beginning to fall, making it weak enough to not cause any harm. Despite his demon colleagues scoffing at human sciences, Abbadon had found them startlingly useful at times. Smiling to himself, Abbadon made his way toward the central building of the school.

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 10:18 PM
"Wha--? Wai..." She held a hand out for him to stop, but by then, it was too late. She groaned inwardly. Maybe she should fake that she was asleep... at least until he came back. She then turned out the room's light, lit a candle, and got herself into bed though she didn't put the covers over herself.

Govannon
01-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Now came the unpleasant part, making himself seem pitiable. Wincing slightly, Abbadon set about wounding himself as badly as he could. Cuts, breaks, dislocations, burns, whatever he could think of doing, he did. It was a testament to the thoroughness of his work that he could barely drag himself up the front door of the school's administrative office.

From that point, it was all something of a blur. Medical spells, hurried questioning, rage filled rants about the imbecility of others. It was a dicey time, with Abbadon both having to heal himself at precisely the right time and still appear to be out of it. It took time, as all good things did, but eventually the staff members on duty bought into his story.

Abbadon was taken to one of the male floors of the residence tower, locked in his room, and told that he should expect to retell his story again in the morning. He wasn't overly worried.

From that point, it was only a short run up the tower side to reach the room he had been in earlier that night. "I'm back."

Mingnon
01-18-2010, 11:51 PM
"Hm...?" She blinked as she looked on at him as he re-entered her room. "Now what did you go off to do...?" She asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 12:14 AM
"Not much really, you people are astonishingly easy to lie to. All you have to do is say what they want to hear and they do the rest for you. For instance, say that a boy comes up to the central building of the school, bleeding and burnt and beaten to hell. Now say that this boy claims to be a butler, a servant to a very powerful man. Now a man this powerful wouldn't be without enemies. No men of power truly are. Unfortunately he was attacked, his castle, his resources and his lands seized by a tyrant most foul. There was hope however, in his daughter. Lost to him at birth, taken by her mother to be raised in anonymity. He had only just found her when the attack began, and it was all that he could do to send his dedicated servant there to protect her, so that one day she might rise up and retake her father's place in society."

Abbadon was understating the challenge it had truly posed, there had actually been some moments when he was worried they might not buying the story, but throwing all of his demon power elsewhere while they checked for it seemed to dissuade some of their doubts. Similarly, the piece of blood-spattered parchment that Abbadon had used for a will added credence to his story.

"If someone were to come to this school, and tell a story like that, well... who knows what could happen. If the person telling the story was able to do it right, he could have been set up to meet with his new liege early tomorrow morning before classes."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 12:20 AM
"..." Kiru paused so that she could take all of that in. "...And you're saying that I am that liege? That girl you made up about in your story...?" Since when was her father a tyrant...? Okay, there were those few times when he was drunk, but still...

Govannon
01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
"Yes mistress, in the story I told to the teachers that were on duty, you were the secret daughter of a wealthy and powerful man, who was killed only recently when a rival attacked his home."

Kiru was looking very confused at this, something that made Abbadon uncomfortable.

"I am a servant of your late father, and I have been sent here by him to protect you from any attempts on your life by this evil man. Tommorow morning they are probably going to bring us together so that we can meet, and so that I can 'explain' all of this to you."

"In any case, it gives me an excuse to know how to fight, not know any magic, and follow you around, so I thought it worked out pretty well."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 12:29 AM
She blinked at all of that. "...And I don't have to lift a finger...?"

Hypothetically speaking.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 12:36 AM
"Not to sell the story, your mother didn't tell you any of this and you grew up presuming that the father you knew was the real one. Even if questioned, I can simply say that she is too embarrassed of her past to come clean. I have no doubt that I can produce enough sealed artifacts to convince them that I was sent by noble family."

He thought for a second, before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a pendant.

"Here, this is for you. If anyone asks, tell them that your mother gave it to you when you very young. It'll help confirm what I've been saying." The pendant in question was fairly simple, a round golden medallion emblazoned with a black rose that seemed to jump off of the metal.

"The unfortunate," "for you anyways" "side effect of this story is that you teachers will doubtlessly take it upon themselves to step up your training, so that you can protect yourself if the need arises."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Her eyes widened a bit at the last part. "...And I didn't have to lift a finger...." She repeated, more in past-tense now. She took the pendant and examined it for a moment. "...So, I suppose this is going to turn out differently than I'd expect... huh...?"

Govannon
01-19-2010, 12:56 AM
"Well, if you expected that you would be able to take over a school filled to the brim with power witches and wizards with no training and a single ally in the space of a single night, then yes. It will take time to make this work right and even then, it's far from being a sure thing."

"For now, do what you can. Make some friends, make yourself stronger, pay attention in class. Just realize that all it would take is a single order from you, and I would kill every single person in the room. Having power than anybody else tends to make things much more bearable. For now though, just go to sleep. I have no doubt that we will have to be woken early tomorrow."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
"Right..." Finally she began to head over to the wardrobe to begin changing into her nightgown. "...I suppose I'll see you tomorrow then..." She said, as she looked back over towards him. She was really waiting to see if he would leave or not... though he most likely will... before she started changing clothes.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Kiru was watching him intently, something that caused Abbadon to wonder what exactly it was that he was doing wrong. Perhaps she simply wanted some privacy? It was a human concept, but one that he could understand to some degree, even he preferred to have some if it was possible. He really hoped that she had at least read the summoning rules before she decided to call him up.

"You do realize that my earlier request for you not to go to sleep was not simply for convenience sake, right? If you're sleeping, I have to remain within this room."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 01:15 AM
She paused. And then looked away as a red blush started to take over. "Then.. will you just... look away...? Until I say you can look again..." She knows he would awnser, but she just wanted to be sure.

In the meantime, she made sure her own back was turned as she began to change into her nightgown.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 01:21 AM
"Certanly mistress. As I have said before, your wish is my command." Abbadon turned and reflected upon the current situation. He was beginning to enjoy toying with his erstwhile master quite a lot. She seemed very uncomfortable giving direct orders or decisive choices. He was earnestly curious about both why she had a desire to control the school, as well as why she had decided to attempt a demon summoning, of all things, to achieve her goal.

It was a nice change of pace from the teams of cranky doddering old men that had summoned him in the past, but at the same time she needed to grow something of a backbone before she would ever be an effective fighter.

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Okay, so she wasn't exactly as much of a fearsome person as she cracked herself up to be.... But she is trying... Isn't she...? Finally, as soon as she had put her uniform back on, she sighed. "Alright, you can look now..."

It was only a simple, sleeveless slip-on. And only a little transparent, though mostly due to being worn so much.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 01:45 AM
Abbadon turned at his master's command. He said nothing, but his eyes widened slightly. Perhaps she was slightly bolder than she let on. For his part, Abbadon's clothes melted into a clinging liquid before reforming as a much simpler and more comfortable robe. It was one of the benefits of 'making' your own clothes, as it were.

"Well then. I will see you early tomorrow morning then mistress. Good night."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 01:51 AM
"Mmn... good night..." Kiru turned her back on him before she slowly began to fall asleep...

--The next morning--

Kiru squinted a bit as she noticed some bit of sunshine on her. Then, she got up with a start. "Gah!"

Govannon
01-19-2010, 02:40 AM
His master's shout caused Abbadon to turn. There was nothing in the room, he was quite sure of that, and there really wasn't anything that he could see that would cause alarm. "Problems?"

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 02:44 AM
"I think I might of overslept..!" She blinked. Today was the day they'd 'meet'. And days where she would have to wake up earlier was enough of a cause for alarm... for her, that is.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 02:54 AM
"I doubt it, the sun has only just risen. But in any case, I shall take my leave. Remember, you don't know me, you don't think that your father was secretly a powerful landowner, that one really shouldn't be very hard by the way, and last night was perfectly normal. I'll meet you when the teacher bring us together again. Until then, farewell."

It was a short run down the wall back into the room he had been placed in the previous night. No sooner had he entered however, than a knock came at the door. Rubbing his eyes he walked over and opened it to find one of the teachers from the previous night.

"Perfect timing Kiru."

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 02:59 AM
Kiru, meanwhile, sat back down into bed and waited for a while, though she put the pendant on around her neck, before she heard a knock at her door. She finally got all the way up out of bed and opened the door, seeing as it was one of the teachers.

She had only a small amount of time to change clothes then before she followed the teacher to where she would 'meet' Abaddon...

Govannon
01-19-2010, 03:27 AM
The meeting room was fairly sparse. It seemed like it was intended to be used as a conference room for the teachers, or at the very least something similar. The teacher that brought him was standing in a corner, and Abaddon didn't feel like giving away any information unsolicited. There really wasn't much to do until Kiru showed up.

Mingnon
01-19-2010, 03:33 AM
And finally, Kiru did come, appearing a bit nervous, more for how the meeting would turn out than anything else. She took her seat across from Abaddon's, so that the 'meeting' would commence.

Govannon
01-19-2010, 04:11 AM
"Good morning Ms.Tsumaki, I apologize for awakening you so early. My name is Abaddon, and I appreciate you not making comments on it. I'm afraid have some bad news..."

It took a while for Abaddon to relate the 'events' that brought him into contact with Kiru, but he made sure to really go into detail about the tragic events that had caused him to be summoned there.

"In summary, I am now your servant. I am here to help keep you safe and to ensure that your education goes well. It is up to you as to whether or not you want me to remain here. If you do choose for me to remain, I will be your vassel, under your direct control. Do you understand?"