PDA

View Full Version : The Coming

dialMARK4acti0n
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
The Coming

I'm in the need of players.

The year is 2394 and alien races have tried to conquer Earth for 2 centuries with no success, a period called the Great wars, but the last attack occurred over 1 century ago. The humans think they finally got a break. But a group of scientists and hired mercenaries filled with the latest tech supplied by Techocorp don’t think the same. And they will be the ones to stumble on one of the aliens biggest secrets.

The story begins when, while in the Arctic the team stumbles onto a man buried in the snow…

Setup:
You can be either one of the crew members, aliens or any other character you can think of that will be directly involved with the team. Remember this is the 24th century.

Rules:
-First of all, all RPA rules apply
- What I say goes; of course you can give your opinion here in the OC thread. And let me know if I begin to sound like a tyrant.
- No posting OC in IC thread.
- This is the 24th Century so if you think of a new species and new technologies do let me know.
- If you have ideas that will interfere with important plotlines you’ll have to discuss with me and the other players.
- Whenever you post something in IC ALWAYS check OC for suggestions, questions, etc. by other players, or whenever you feel you should. You must be involved in OC thread.
- If you post something in OC check for replies after 15 minutes and 1 hour, at least. This is NOT mandatory!
- The MAX of content accepted is at a PG-13 level. No harsh language, please! And don’t exaggerate with content [Seriously].
- Have fun. Cause if you don’t…

Character Rules (must read):
-There will be a character that is important to the plot which will apparently show powers which will be played by me. Don’t feel like your characters will be less strong than that character because you do have technology supplied by Technocorp.
- The team can consist of up to 3 scientists and 5 mercenaries. Each faction must include at least one female character and one scientist which works for Technocorp and keeps the crew under watch, for potential subplots.
- The leader of the crew will be decided by the character’s biography by me, but don’t think that being the leader makes you superior to everyone else, all are equals (unless of course feeling superior is part of your character in IC dialog, but not on OC).
- Each player can have up to two characters but the 2nd char mustn’t be in the team (unless if there is a player shortage). And all NPCs of less importance like say, an alien who negotiates treason with one of the crew members, or the crowd in general around a certain event, may be played by the player if his character is directly involved with that NPC.
- TWO characters means TWO sheets.
Absence Agreement (must read):
If you go on vacation, have a day you can’t find time to login or leave this RP, let me know and I will act accordingly either have someone take over and/or kill the character off, in case of the latter.

Character Sheet (important)
Name:
Nickname: [You must explain why he has that nickname even if specified in the Personality]
Age: [Try to be specific if your character has no amnesia :)]
Species:
Hometown: [Although in the future, this is Earth, so you can choose any real town except, Kiev, Russia; Barcelona, Spain; Bangalore, India; Dublin, Ireland; Washington D.C., U.S.A.; All of Peru; and all of Norway, because of events which occurred in the Great Wars.]
Physical Appearance*: [Try to fill it in this order: Skin color; Head, like hair, eyes …; Height; Body Shape, if fat or muscular; Distinctive Features, scars, tattoos, missing limbs, wheelchair, medical condition, bla bla bla, and anything else you might think of]
Personality: [intellect and other psychological features should be included]
Relationship to [character’s name]: [either state relationship to the character, after talking to the player or create a name and ask for someone to fill in a profile, with that established name and relationship. This doesn’t apply to NPCs.]
Background: [a little history about ya, do include criminal records :)]
Equipment/Weapons*:
Powers/ Abilities #:

You may also include catchphrase, trademark features, medical conditions and distinctive psychological features.

*the crew members will wear basic armor but not a specific uniform and use a intercom with homing beacon, basic blaster and a trademark weapon and what else you’d like to use, like battle armor for example. :)
#depends on whether you’re an alien, or you’re a normal guy with high intellect or military training, you know.

Notes (important):
-I can’t login on Thursdays and some Tuesdays.
-This is my 1st RP.

dialMARK4acti0n
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I’m going to write the character’s sheet that I mentioned in Char Rule #1, as an example:
Name: [Surname Unknown], Cole
Nickname: CX. CX comes from the pod where he was found which reads “CX-911”.
Species: Human
Hometown: [Unknown]
Physical Appearance: Somewhat pale white skin; Short, black hair; Green eyes; no facial hair; about 1,80m tall; very muscular; “CX-911” marked in his neck; no bellybutton; He wears a black leather jacket with red markings on it, a white shirt under, blue army-type pants and a pair of work boots (really stylish).
Personality: A man who has no idea who he ever was and acts like everything is new to him, fascinated with every type of technology he sees, although he understands every technology and science known to man fully. He is very well-tempered, nice and always looks for what is right and peaceful. Only, resorts to violence when needed.
Distinctive psychological features: Hates all kinds of weapons. Curious with everything. Hates heights. Always wears same close saying he likes them.
Relationship to ‘Aliens’: He is somewhat involved in the alien’s plan.
Background: [Unknown]. Has no memory of his past, although it’s implied he’s involved with the aliens.
Equipment/Weapons: Intercom with homing beacon.
Powers/ Abilities: Perfect human body. Enhanced strength, speed, agility, impervious to alcohol, extended life span, minimum healing factor (not so strong). Trained in every form of combat. More resistance to the elements (cold, heat, breathing).

Kris
11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Merry
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
closed per gm's request